We Got Mail!

Lots of hate mail today, which is always a treat! It was difficult to pick the worst, but because I care so much, dear readers, I’ve selected two winners from among the 17 admirers who shared their thoughts today. (Four letter words left intact for added spiciness.)

First, we have a very angry creationist, writing from Richmond, British Columbia. He first used the LGF contact form back in February to send this closely reasoned argument:

Boy, you’re one fucking moron. If you think creationism is going to sink our chances then why don’t you leave the Republican Party and find out. And btw anybody who uses Google search numbers to argue that Palin’s ‘creationism’ affected the election is someone looking for a reason to expel once again the religious nuts of the party. I’ll tell you what. You and Barnett can join the Democrats while we take all the religious Hispanics. Oh and go fuck yourself.

Today, our Canadian correspondent followed up with another, even creepier anti-evolution missive:

Little boy: Why did the dinosaurs die out?

Charles Johnson: Because you creationists touch yourselves at night.
Now I command you to believe in Darwin!

Little boy: Don’t you mean analyze and decide for myself?

Charles Johnson: Infidel!

Hard to argue with that!

Our second winner writes from Seattle, Washington (is there something in the water in the Pacific Northwest?), with a note that consists of pure, context-free vitriol. I have no idea what set this one off:

Hey Nazi boy, you should consider checking into a good nut farm for
awhile. You’re a freak man! Seek some help before it’s too late.

Regards,

Yes, it’s the dreaded Signatureless Signoff! I do appreciate the polite salutation, though.

1 DaddyG  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:18:18pm

Charles. You may already be a winner!

2 Nevergiveup  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:18:52pm

He said “regards”—-such a polite chap?

3 BlueCanuck  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:19:42pm

Ah the frothing masses are venting their spleens again.

/*gets popcorn*

4 jaunte  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:19:51pm

Ha! You’re just looking for a reason to expel ‘nuts’ from the party.
They’re on to you.

5 Bloodnok  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:20:03pm

Wow. Hate mail from the Pacific Northwest is really cascading in.

6 Sharmuta  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:21:09pm
Little boy: Why did the dinosaurs die out?

Charles Johnson: Because you creationists touch yourselves at night.
Now I command you to believe in Darwin!

Little boy: Don’t you mean analyze and decide for myself?

Charles Johnson: Infidel!

Wow- that’s just pathetic.

7 alegrias  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:21:25pm

Sorry some people are so uncivil, Charles.

8 caligal  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:23:14pm

all of this is too mean spirited for me.

9 USBeast  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:23:28pm

The fired, the boor, the muddled asses yearning to breed freaks…

10 Kenneth  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:24:00pm

I wonder if that one from Richmond, BC was our old friend Bill Vander Zalm, antideluvian paleo-conservative former Premier of BC?

11 freetoken  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:24:21pm

(is there something in the water in the Pacific Northwest?)

Fluoride?

12 Bloodnok  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:24:46pm
(is there something in the water in the Pacific Northwest?)

//Here’s hoping this joke doesn’t chase off JCM. :p //

13 Sharmuta  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:24:51pm

An entire strawman email, but then I suppose YEC are not known for intellectually honest debates, so it comes as no surprise.

14 jcm  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:25:06pm

re: #2 Nevergiveup

He said “regards”—-such a polite chap?

It’s a Seattle thing, the politeness………

15 LGoPs  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:25:14pm

Just blow ‘em off…….

16 Kenneth  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:25:22pm

re: #5 Bloodnok

Wow. Hate mail from the Pacific Northwest is really cascading in.

I bet Charles will be “washing a ton” of it out of his inbox…

17 USBeast  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:25:41pm

re: #11 freetoken

(is there something in the water in the Pacific Northwest?)

Fluoride?

Don’t even start. :)

18 Irish Rose  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:25:59pm

Just a guess, but I’m thinking that the second one came from one of Pamelas’ readers.

19 burntjohn  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:26:33pm

Unlikely that came from the flatearthers.
More likely just LGF haters in general.

20 albusteve  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:26:44pm

nobody trashed us lemming minions…it’s all about CHARLES!

21 DaddyG  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:27:15pm

1,000,000 Monkeys with typewriters = Shakespeare
100,000 Monkeys with word processers = Texas High School Textbook
1000 Monkeys with PC’s = Right Wing Blog
100 Monkeys with Mac’s = Left Wing Blog
1 Monkeys ass with an opinion = Charles, you’ve got mail.

22 Kenneth  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:27:23pm

re: #18 Irish Rose

What makes you say that, the crazy-ass reasoning or the massive projection?

23 Sharmuta  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:27:24pm

re: #18 Irish Rose

Actually- the “Regards” would suggest a JW reader.

24 pink freud  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:27:38pm

The use of “boy”, “little boy” and “touch yourself” …all indicators of something lurking, something …well …of the pederast nature.

/not rocket science

25 Gus  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:27:50pm

Wow, that middle one is pretty strange. He uses a child and as a character and then adds that perverted description.

I think we’re going beyond Beavis and Butthead writing these emails but Ted Bundy types.

26 Steve  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:28:06pm

Can’t be the water in Seattle. I have many friends there that are rational.

27 Gus  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:28:13pm

re: #24 pink freud

/not rocket science

Bingo!

28 albusteve  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:28:22pm

re: #24 pink freud

/not rocket science

eh, I wondered myself

29 Emerald  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:29:02pm

30 DaddyG  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:29:04pm

The “Because you touched yourself” reference is from Family Guy. He’s obviously a literary.

31 pink freud  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:29:27pm

re: #27 Gus 802

re: #28 albusteve

Reaction formation.

It’s his shit; he projects onto Charles.

32 Nevergiveup  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:30:14pm

re: #14 jcm

It’s a Seattle thing, the politeness………

They weren’t very polite to A-Rod when he came back the first time?

33 IslandLibertarian  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:30:42pm

Little boy: Why did the dinosaurs die out?

God: Life. Nobody gets out alive.

34 Charles Johnson  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:30:52pm

Whoa Nellie.

Pensacola Tea Party coopted by Paulians:

[Link: www.coalitionoftheswilling.net…]

35 Gus  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:31:06pm

re: #31 pink freud

re: #28 albusteve

Reaction formation.

It’s his shit; he projects onto Charles.

Correct. No normal person would introduce the two even in a letter supposedly expressing disagreement. Whoever that is has a personality defect and perversion.

36 Emerald  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:31:47pm

The only thing these letters accomplish is verifying that these freaks are freaks. re: #6 Sharmuta

Wow- that’s just pathetic.

Seriously! The moron who wrote that probably believes it was the height of wit and reason. Poor Charles; how will he ever recover from such a devastating letter.

37 Dancing along the light of day  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:32:05pm

That’s some scary mail, it must get tedious to receive all that!

38 jcm  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:32:06pm

re: #26 Steve

Can’t be the water in Seattle. I have many friends there that are rational.

I’m *urk* from *grrrr* Seattle *phhhbbbtttt* And I *brushes spiders off* am just DIDYOUSEETHAT fine.

39 Kenneth  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:32:09pm

Always looking for a good excuse to post this classic one-hit-wonder tune:

I tough myself…

40 Racer X  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:32:40pm

Dear Monkey lover,

Would you be so kind as to not insult my current deity? It makes me feel less than than comforted. I would also strongly encourage you to adopt a belief system that closely matches mine, as I am obviously right and you are wrong.

Kindest regards,

P.S.
Damn you to eternal Hell!

41 USBeast  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:32:41pm

re: #20 albusteve

nobody trashed us lemming minions…it’s all about CHARLES!

Yeah…yeah…that’s the ticket…it’s all Charles’ fault. If we could ditch Charles everyone would love us. I mean, who doesn’t love hamsters? We need to talk to Stinky…on the QT, ya know…///

42 Sharmuta  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:32:59pm

re: #34 Charles

From the link:

This is just the kind of association the media would love to jump on to discredit to the entire Tea Party movement.

If this is any indication of who’s trying to run the show, count me out. It’s hard enough being a conservative without this kind of baggage.

Amen.

43 DaddyG  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:33:03pm
44 Charles Johnson  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:33:05pm

The website of the new coordinator of the Pensacola Tea Party:

[Link: 209.85.173.132…]

45 Bobblehead  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:33:56pm

Honestly, we need a soundtrack here.

46 Sharmuta  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:35:10pm

re: #36 Emerald

Undoubtedly. I’m sure the fact that s/he undermines their own faith with this nonsense is completely lost.

47 LGoPs  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:35:23pm

I think a bunch of high school kids would be more articulate and reasoned than the authors of these notes………
Wow. Just really…Wow.

48 Gus  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:35:36pm

re: #44 Charles

The website of the new coordinator of the Pensacola Tea Party:

[Link: 209.85.173.132…]

Loose change! Toofer. Oh my this thing is way out of control.

49 Racer X  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:36:02pm

re: #43 DaddyG

How The Dinos Died

Nah, this is the reason why they died out.

50 Sharmuta  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:36:07pm

re: #44 Charles

The website of the new coordinator of the Pensacola Tea Party:

[Link: 209.85.173.132…]

A CIA conspiracy nut. Lovely.

51 Kenneth  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:36:40pm

re: #34 Charles

Fuck the loonies.

52 capitalist piglet  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:37:03pm

re: #14 jcm

It’s a Seattle thing, the politeness………

Yeah. We’re very polite here. Did you see this?

[Link: seattletimes.nwsource.com…]

A guy from DETROIT is moving back there, away from Seattle, because he was just beaten within an inch of his life for no reason in Belltown. He feels safer in DETROIT.

Oy.

53 Sharmuta  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:37:07pm

This is what happens when you start a grassroots movement with no controlling organizational body. It’s a rudderless ship, and now the kooks are running the show.

54 Nevergiveup  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:37:42pm

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said Friday it’s lonely being the only woman on the U.S. Supreme Court.

[Link: www.breitbart.com…]

So quit?

55 Racer X  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:37:42pm

re: #53 Sharmuta

Ron Paul’s Revenge!

56 Bloodnok  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:37:43pm

re: #44 Charles

The website of the new coordinator of the Pensacola Tea Party:

[Link: 209.85.173.132…]

Where the deranged left meets the unhinged right. Not good at all.

57 DaddyG  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:37:59pm

I was considering taking off my government employee ID and joining the Tea Party in Atlanta on the 15th but I worry about the kooks taking it over. Are these events still by and large mainstream conservative or are they getting out of control?

Any Lizards know the inside scoop on the Atlanta tea party?

58 pink freud  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:38:15pm

re: #53 Sharmuta

Swashbuckling kooks!

59 Gus  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:38:28pm

re: #56 Bloodnok

Where the deranged left meets the unhinged right. Not good at all.

A literal convergence. A cauldron of stupidity and paranoia.

60 Sharmuta  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:38:38pm

re: #57 DaddyG

Patience. Wait for a real organization to start something.

61 Dianna  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:38:45pm

re: #24 pink freud

/not rocket science

Possibly. Worrisome, that.

62 Kenneth  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:38:53pm

re: #48 Gus 802

Loose change! Toofer. Oh my this thing is way out of control.

The troofers panned out the Lunatic wing Dem motherload of attention, now they’ve turned to the lunatic wing of the GOP.

63 NYCHardhat  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:39:32pm

Brainwashing machines, lighting people on fire, Mos Def….. I think I’m having a nervous breakdown.

64 Nevergiveup  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:39:35pm

re: #53 Sharmuta

Stop bitching about the Republican party?

65 NYCHardhat  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:39:58pm

re: #57 DaddyG

Any Lizards know the inside scoop on the Atlanta tea party?

Schmuck Hannity will be there.

66 Kenneth  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:39:59pm

re: #63 NYCHardhat

Welcome to the club.

67 Gus  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:40:36pm

re: #62 Kenneth

Political gypsies no doubt. All pitching their snake oil to the wayward souls and those already on the verge of madness.

68 DaddyG  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:40:40pm

re: #60 Sharmuta

Patience. Wait for a real organization to start something.

That good huh?

69 Dianna  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:41:10pm

re: #63 NYCHardhat

Nah. You’re just bewildered.

70 IslandLibertarian  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:41:21pm

re: #49 Racer X

Nah, this is the reason why they died out.

Both wrong!

71 Dianna  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:41:39pm

re: #64 Nevergiveup

Stop bitching about the Republican party?

What’s not to bitch about, recently?

72 pink freud  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:41:53pm

re: #61 Dianna

Possibly. Worrisome, that.

He’s in B.C., why should he care?

He wears the heightened self-righteousness of the religious then signs off with “go fuck yourself”? Lots of mis-matched crap hiding under that cloak he is wearing.

73 DaddyG  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:41:55pm

re: #65 NYCHardhat

Schmuck Hannity will be there.

He was an Atlanta DJ for a while I’m not surprised. Our Governor’s Chief of Staff offered him the use of his office to broadcast.

Wonder how that is going to work out? This is getting close to home.

74 NYCHardhat  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:41:58pm

re: #69 Dianna

Nah. You’re just bewildered.

You’re probably right. But for safe measure…. glass of wine?

75 capitalist piglet  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:42:02pm

re: #57 DaddyG

Any Lizards know the inside scoop on the Atlanta tea party?

You could try looking at taxdayteaparty.com; maybe you could get a feel for the event you’re interested in by reading the Georgia board. That would probably be a good place to pose your question.

76 Sharmuta  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:42:23pm

re: #68 DaddyG

I don’t know what will happen, but I do know that grassroots doesn’t mean anarchy. The Tea Parties were a good idea, but without real leadership, it’s pointless. Now we have anarchy, and that’s not a conservative principle, imo.

77 avanti  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:42:43pm

re: #44 Charles

The website of the new coordinator of the Pensacola Tea Party:

[Link: 209.85.173.132…]

Warning, do not watch any of the video’s, a normal, sane head will explode in so doing.

78 Dianna  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:43:34pm

re: #72 pink freud

He’s in B.C., why should he care?

I’ve noticed that a lot of “religious” people, with a bee in their bonnet (say, the Turin Shroud) project a lot of really strange sexual material. Some night, I’ll tell you about the guy I had an email exchange with about the Shroud.

79 DaddyG  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:43:41pm

re: #75 capitalist piglet

Thank you for the reference. I would like to research this before I show up on the Zombie Blog with a bemused look on my face accepting a pamphlet from a troofer.

80 jcm  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:44:20pm

re: #52 capitalist piglet

Yeah. We’re very polite here. Did you see this?

[Link: seattletimes.nwsource.com…]

Oy.

And the Police Chief who over saw safety in Seattle?
Just appointed Obama’s drug czar.

81 Dianna  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:44:23pm

re: #74 NYCHardhat

You’re probably right. But for safe measure…. glass of wine?

What’ve you got on hand? Our household needs to go wine shopping this weekend; I don’t even have a cheap merlot on hand.

82 NYCHardhat  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:44:32pm

re: #79 DaddyG

Go to the NYC one on the 15th. There will be so many freaks there anyway./

83 DaddyG  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:44:54pm

re: #78 Dianna

If you want to have some fun point out that revering the shroud is a form of idolatry. That ought to cause some gear grinding!

84 Charles Johnson  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:44:57pm

This post prompted two new hate mails almost instantly! Bonus!

One is from someone who says I should stop posting these “We Got Mail!” threads. Strange how I never got that complaint when the hate mail came from lefties…

The other:

Charles,

I have been reading LGF since 2003, yet now I feel like this is KOS or the HUFF Post.

You are bitter, you attack Christians, conservatives, right wing personalities, and you push global warming stories as if they are on to something.

Bottom line, you are getting a lot of ” hate ” mail these days because you deserve it. When someone acts like a total dick, like you do these days, your going to get hammered for it. The libs love ya, must make you feel great.

85 Kenneth  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:45:20pm

Barack Obama: President Pantywaist - new surrender monkey on the block
By Gerald Warner

President Barack Obama has recently completed the most successful foreign policy tour since Napoleon’s retreat from Moscow. You name it, he blew it.

“Rules must be binding,” declared Obama, referring to the fact that Kim had just breached UN Resolutions 1695 and 1718. “Violations must be punished.” (Sounds ominous.) “Words must mean something.” (Why, Barack? They never did before, for you - as a cursory glance at your many speeches will show.)

President Pantywaist is hopping mad and he has a strategy to cut Kim down to size: he is going to slice $1.4bn off America’s missile defence programme, presumably on the calculation that Kim would feel it unsporting to hit a sitting duck, so that will spoil his fun.

RTWFT!

86 reine.de.tout  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:45:37pm

re: #53 Sharmuta

You are correct.

It doesn’t help that “tea party” organizers, in what was apparently an attempt to secure greater numbers for these events, started searching for “partnerships” with other organizations without really looking at what it was they were partnering with.

87 burntjohn  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:45:45pm

re: #55 Racer X

Would you rather an ideological political machine of robots like the Democrat party?

All the flakes and kooks on the left get their moment in the sun.
Why should the right be any different.
At least it’s legit.
Oppose the left with individualism, many different opinions and points of view as opposed as the mono point of view of the “state”

88 NYCHardhat  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:45:46pm

re: #81 Dianna

2005
Bell
Claret
Cabernet Sauvignon

Napa Valley.

I was surprised….pleasantly.

89 capitalist piglet  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:46:08pm

re: #79 DaddyG

Yeah, I understand your concern. LOL

It might be a great event. Some of the ones where I live (the Seattle area) look to be very legit and a good opportunity to network with others. In the meantime, if I see anything hinky about Atlanta, I’ll see if I can give you a heads up - I can remember your name (it’s a Steely Dan thing).

90 Spar Kling  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:46:19pm

Imagine the folks running around during the time of the American Revolution. The “Internet” was the local pub. I’m sure there was plenty of hate mail then (look how they attacked George Washington). Perhaps the difference was that most of the people then were reasonably well educated in comparison to today and they knew how to keep a civil argument—or face a duel.

-sk

91 pink freud  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:46:25pm

re: #78 Dianna

Sounds interesting! I wold like that.

You’re right about the religious nutters and the sexual stuff.

(R.O.P.)

92 DaddyG  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:46:25pm

When do I get attacked for being a Christian? I feel so left out. //

93 pingjockey  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:46:42pm

Charles what percentage of your mail is this wonderful communication from the nutbars?

94 Dianna  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:46:47pm

re: #83 DaddyG

I did. Since I grew up prot, I don’t do relics. This guy, though, could have been a mediaeval. At least on that one subject.

95 Dianna  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:47:31pm

re: #84 Charles

It’s not winnable.

96 DaddyG  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:47:47pm

re: #94 Dianna

maybe he’s a Templar. Don’t get those guys mad at you. //

97 Gus  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:48:04pm

re: #84 Charles

This post prompted two new hate mails! Bonus!

The other:

“Burn the books!”

98 pink freud  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:48:05pm

re: #84 Charles

This post prompted two new hate mails almost instantly! Bonus!

The other:

Well Charles, there ya go. You “deserve it”. LOL

99 jcm  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:48:12pm

re: #92 DaddyG

When do I get attacked for being a Christian? I feel so left out. //

Repent of your heresy!

It’s Turtles all the way down!

100 Kenneth  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:48:13pm

re: #88 NYCHardhat

Ok, iIm experienceing some cognitive dissonance… I picture somebody named NYChardhart knocking back a six-pack, not a good cab-sauv.

Always soemthing new at LGF!

101 Ojoe  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:48:15pm

Happy Good Friday.

102 LGoPs  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:48:18pm

Well, I gotta head home. See you later lizardfaces.

{Callahan}

103 Sharmuta  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:48:20pm

re: #84 Charles

I haven’t seen any attack on conservatives, but rather kookservatives, and that’s a whole different ball of wax.

104 Dainn  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:48:24pm

On another topic, a World Can’t Wait person is on The Factor on FoxNews. Before today, the only place I have heard of this group was on Zombie’s photo essays acting like communist idiots in San Fancisco.

It does make me smile to see the moonbat left attacking Obama. Maybe, just maybe, he isn’t everything to everyone. Maybe…

105 pingjockey  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:48:25pm

re: #80 jcm
What?! The asshat who oversaw the destruction of downtown during the WTO riots?

106 albusteve  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:48:31pm

I wanna be a total dick too….no half measures

107 DaddyG  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:48:36pm

re: #89 capitalist piglet

Yeah, I understand your concern. LOL

Muchos Gracias my nic is blue.

108 burntjohn  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:49:01pm

re: #85 Kenneth

We can always depend on the Brits for a well placed insult.

109 MandyManners  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:49:04pm

re: #84 Charles

Why do I get the feeling that this asshole would blame a woman for being raped?

110 pink freud  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:49:15pm
111 Gus  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:49:33pm

Political ideology is a lot like a bell curve. //

112 BringMeTuri  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:49:38pm

I was looking for a good duel last night, but ended up one half of a Karaoke duet.

113 Sharmuta  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:50:01pm

Keep going Charles- the unconstrained wing of the GOP is pissed. We don’t need them, they’re not about defending the Constitution.

114 NYCHardhat  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:50:05pm

re: #100 Kenneth

Always soemthing new at LGF!

LOL. I know, I am a man of contradictions. I’m not the street construction guy you’re thinking of. I’m the safety administrator that they love to hate.

115 freetoken  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:50:12pm

re: #44 Charles

Marginal groups and individuals are attracted to rebellions as surely as ants to sugar.

Now that Beck has said he will be at the San Antonio Tea Party, undoubtedly with cameras, I wonder what will be drawn there?

116 Dianna  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:50:44pm

re: #96 DaddyG

maybe he’s a Templar. Don’t get those guys mad at you. //

Ha!

No, I’ve met several flavors of “Templar”; I don’t include the mystical masonic variety.

He was a really odd fellow. On every other subject, he seemed quite rational, but the Shroud hit something in his makeup that I am not psychologically adept enough to diagnose.

117 Dainn  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:50:47pm

Charles, I guess what I don’t get is why they bother to write you. Maybe it’s due to some sick need to see their words in print, even if you are showing them making asses of themselves.

Fun reading though. Keep pissing people off. I makes good reading.

118 Sharmuta  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:51:02pm

The unconstrained vision does not support the rule of Law. Those of the unconstrained vision in the GOP need to look elsewhere and quit hijacking this party, because we do believe in the rule of law.

119 MandyManners  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:51:27pm

re: #104 Dainn

On another topic, a World Can’t Wait person is on The Factor on FoxNews. Before today, the only place I have heard of this group was on Zombie’s photo essays, acting like communist idiots in San Fancisco.

They’re not acting.

120 capitalist piglet  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:51:33pm

re: #80 jcm

And the Police Chief who over saw safety in Seattle?
Just appointed Obama’s drug czar.

Nice, huh?

You should have heard Dori’s show today. People were calling with downtown horror stories…eye sockets broken, gangs stomping on heads, teeth broken, and cops telling the victims to “go home and go to the hospital tomorrow”, without taking a report.

And no guns for people trying to protect themselves at the Center. That would be dangerous.

The Seattle PD has been emasculated. Kris Kime was just the beginning.

121 pingjockey  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:51:34pm

re: #113 Sharmuta
Nope, it seems to be about one or two issues and that’s it.

122 darkster2400  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:51:41pm

well, we eastern Canadians are polite, not like those westerners! The rest of Canada apologizes for their rudeness.

However, I am curious about the Muslim matrimonial ad that i see on the LGF home page - seems a bit odd to me.

123 NYCHardhat  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:52:03pm

What is the saying? When you’re getting flak, you’re over the target.

124 Dianna  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:52:25pm

re: #112 BringMeTuri

I am going to call that “oversharing.”

125 jcm  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:52:41pm

re: #105 pingjockey

What?! The asshat who oversaw the destruction of downtown during the WTO riots?

That was Stamper, Kerlikowski replaced him after WTO and told the police to stay out of Mardi Gras while Christopher Kime got beat to death.

Kerlikowski narrowly missed a no confidence vote by the union. Hasn’t backed up the guys on the street and bent over to every minority. The result is the cops on the street aren’t proactive, it gets them into too much trouble. They only react.

126 HoosierHoops  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:52:42pm

Well it’s time to go clubbing on a Friday night..
I am deeply humbled by my fellow lizards to put me number one on the top 10 comments today.. I love you guys..
I beat Charles by a couple of votes..Yet.. I see him applauding me tonight..
Thank you Charles..For this forum…

127 burntjohn  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:52:57pm

re: #115 freetoken

Really wish the celebrities and talking heads stay away.
Let the people have their say.
Hundreds of “joe the plumbers” at every rally.

128 DaddyG  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:52:58pm

re: #111 Gus 802

Political ideology is a lot like a bell curve. //

With a very long tail. I enjoyed Charles blogs about the wraparound effect. Very illuminating.

129 freetoken  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:53:04pm

re: #57 DaddyG

Isn’t that the one that Hannity says he’s going to attend?

130 pink freud  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:53:08pm

re: #118 Sharmuta

I, for one, appreciate your Sowell book references.

Still on the list but falling farther behind!

131 Gus  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:53:29pm

re: #122 darkster2400

On behalf of the United States I would like to extend my apology to Canada for the actions of Billy Bob Thornton. //

132 Dainn  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:53:41pm

re: #119 MandyManners
Okay, I accept your edit :) This WCW rep sounds like a political handout anyways. All that was missing was the Mao baret with the red star, but that would have messed up her hair…

133 NYCHardhat  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:53:54pm

re: #129 freetoken

Isn’t that the one that Hannity says he’s going to attend?

Yup. Newt will be at the one in NYC.

134 pingjockey  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:53:54pm

re: #125 jcm
So the city went from bad to worse and this fool is now going to be the drug czar? Mwahahaha! Ya can’t make this shit up.

135 darkster2400  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:54:01pm

re: #131 Gus 802

yeah - that was weird!

136 So?  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:54:02pm

A nut farm? Doesn’t Jimmuh owned them all?

137 Gus  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:54:06pm

re: #128 DaddyG

True. I was thinking more like a hat curve.

138 DaddyG  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:54:41pm

re: #117 Dainn

Probably true but that statement could condemn any of us posting. I’m just sayin’

139 jwb7605  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:54:41pm

re: #84 Charles

This post prompted two new hate mails almost instantly! Bonus!

The other:

Charles, I’ve been reading LGF since 1975.
Next time you do a radio interview, are you going to change your title from Overlord to something else? Sounds like you have a plethora of choices!

140 Gus  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:54:41pm

re: #135 darkster2400

yeah - that was weird!

Yeah, he reached a new low in celebrity freakishness.

141 Mauser  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:54:46pm

I live in the Seattle area, but I don’t drink the water.

After all, Hippies bathe in it!

142 jaunte  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:55:03pm

re: #122 darkster2400

Google Adwords software ‘sees’ keywords and puts up ads that contain related content.

143 reine.de.tout  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:55:15pm

re: #130 pink freud

I, for one, appreciate your Sowell book references.

Still on the list but falling farther behind!

Sowell writes a couple of newspaper columns each week.

Our local paper doesn’t print every column, but they print one every couple of weeks.

If you want a few small doses of Sowell until you can get to his books, his columns can be found here.

144 darkster2400  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:56:25pm

re: #140 Gus 802

I’m surprised that the usual Canadian lefty kooks who hate everything American by reflex have not gone more nuts than usual

145 darkster2400  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:56:35pm

thanks!

146 mashiki  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:56:39pm

On behalf of Canadians I feel I must apologize, of course we do recognize insanity and stupidity as a mental disorder. However since we shut down our mental hospitals we simply put them in halfway houses and let them run amok on the streets.

And you wonder where all those cute fancy words like “eh”, “aboot”, “gopher”, “poutine”, and “NDP” come from…now you know!

147 Gella  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:57:04pm

do you know from hate to love one little step?
/////

148 NYCHardhat  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:57:09pm

re: #141 Mauser

I live in the Seattle area, but I don’t drink the water.

After all, Hippies bathe in it!

Seattle. *sigh*

149 albusteve  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:57:20pm

re: #131 Gus 802

I had a chance to meet him, but after watching him close up I passed…he can be a real asshole

150 Gus  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:57:26pm

re: #144 darkster2400

Probably because they see BBT as a fellow kook. Comrades in kookiness. Kookiness before nation! //

151 Steve Rogers  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:57:33pm

Charles,

When people resort to ad hominems and Godwin’s Law, that is a de facto confession on their part that they have lost the debate!

152 pink freud  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:57:41pm

re: #143 reine.de.tout

Sowell writes a couple of newspaper columns each week.

I’ve not missed one in years. I adore the man. :-)

He has consistently not let me down.

153 darkster2400  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:58:00pm

re: #150 Gus 802

nutty birds of a feather….

154 Dianna  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:58:03pm

re: #147 Gella

do you know from hate to love one little step?
/////

From good to bad, straight through to indifferent
Without a second look.

- Gin Blossoms

155 DaddyG  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:58:07pm

That is funny. Unintended consequences big time.

156 pingjockey  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:58:09pm

re: #149 albusteve
The dude has a very high opinion of his mediocre talents.

157 jcm  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:58:16pm

re: #134 pingjockey

Ron Sims, King Co. Exec. who just got a BIG fine for failing to disclose public documents. Guy who put the Critical Areas Ordinance in place which took 60% of peoples land in rural areas and which added $200,000 to the price of a home in King Co. He’s now #2 at HUD.

Locke former gov. is Commerce Sec. Locke at least was tolerable.

158 Gella  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:58:32pm

re: #154 Dianna

From good to bad, straight through to indifferent
Without a second look.

- Gin Blossoms

but that means Charles is popular

159 jwb7605  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:58:38pm

re: #146 mashiki

No apology necessary.
As an American might I suggest putting them in elected office? It seems to be all the rage down here.

160 Gus  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:58:39pm

re: #149 albusteve

I’m surprised he didn’t start screaming “I’m going to sue you!” He’s got some strange phobias too. Like fear of flatware and antiques.

161 So?  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:58:39pm

re: #45 Bobblehead

Honestly, we need a soundtrack here.

[Video]

Speaking of music, Charles could we have a thread one Friday night where everyone names their favorite LP/CD. Rule: Name Just one. That way, the choice would be a tough one. I think it would be interesting.

OK. Back to the hate mail.

162 Kenneth  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:58:42pm

re: #114 NYCHardhat

Ah, hard hat and a clip board!

Myself, I’m drinking a cheap sauv blanc (roast chicken dinner)

163 DaddyG  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:58:56pm

re: #151 Steve Rogers

Charles,

What does it mean when the thread devolves into a Boob thread? //

164 albusteve  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:59:29pm

re: #156 pingjockey

The dude has a very high opinion of his mediocre talents.

I saw him backstage at a huge benefit show and alot the cool musicians shunned him…it was awkward for him I think

165 darkster2400  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:00:05pm

re: #160 Gus 802

in my experience, they are in such places as the NDP, CUPE and so on….

166 Dianna  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:00:08pm

re: #158 Gella

but that means Charles is popular

They never seem to reach the “indifferent” point. It’s rather disturbing.

167 jcm  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:00:09pm

re: #148 NYCHardhat

Seattle. *sigh*

Long time ago went to a bar with some friends. We left because some garage band was making a god awful racket.

It was Nirvana, before they made it big.

168 darkster2400  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:00:41pm

re: #161 So?

Highway 61 Revisited

169 Dianna  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:00:49pm

re: #160 Gus 802

Flatware?!

170 pingjockey  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:00:59pm

re: #157 jcm
Ron Sims should’ve been drawn and quartered! Yep, obama is taking all the west side socialists to good use in his admin. Sheesh.

171 Ringo the Gringo  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:01:02pm

I posted this earlier today but I thought I’d share it again because it’s just so creepy. This is an email I received this morning from someone who didn’t like my pictures from an anti-Israel protest this past January:

Q1 Who was Hitler?
Jewish answer: Hitler was DAD and he killed mother fucker Jews like dogs Q2 How Dirty Jews are?
It takes only one gas chamber to kill 1000000 Jews imagine yourself
Q3.. How mush money should i claim after killing one filthy Zionist.
Less than 50$ from Nazis.
Q4 Why Jews hate Nazis?
Simply because nazis r God loving people and they killed dirty Jews
When is next Holocaust coming?
It depends on Iranians. How fast they build their nuclear Holy weapon to kill dirty Jew.

metrocool1

172 Gella  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:01:10pm

re: #166 Dianna

They never seem to reach the “indifferent” point. It’s rather disturbing.

it is, but in the same time they want to read and learn what Charles thinks, they can’t get away, LGF is addictive

173 Dianna  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:01:23pm

re: #163 DaddyG

What does it mean when the thread devolves into a Boob thread? //

That more than 14 seconds have passed?

174 Sharmuta  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:01:38pm

re: #130 pink freud

I, for one, appreciate your Sowell book references.

Still on the list but falling farther behind!

I can’t help it. I no longer see right or left, I see constrained and unconstrained.

But as I’ve said before, there is not much difference in those who want to impose their morality upon the populace from the right as from the left. Different sides of the same unconstrained coin.

175 Steve Rogers  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:01:45pm

re: #163 DaddyG

It means guys are being themselves!

176 Gus  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:01:46pm

re: #169 Dianna

Flatware?!

Flatware.

177 rawmuse  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:01:49pm

Why do people who live in Canada care what happens in the Republican Party, anyway?

178 So?  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:01:51pm

re: #168 darkster2400

Highway 61 Revisited

We didn’t start yet. I thought we could have an Official Thread. Maybe later tonight?

179 mashiki  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:02:02pm

re: #159 jwb7605

No apology necessary.

We tried that whole vote in the crazy NDP thing in Ontario, along with the insane and crazy folks in at the federal level. Amazingly the blood didn’t quite run in the streets but the maple syrup was rather bitter for 12 years.

180 jwb7605  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:02:14pm

re: #167 jcm

It was Nirvana, before they made it big.

Me and some friends once paid 2 bucks apiece to see a group named Flash Cadillac & the Continental Kids.

Best two buck concert I’ve ever been to in a Tech School gym.

181 NYCHardhat  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:02:15pm

re: #167 jcm

It was Nirvana, before they made it big.

From a dissonant punk band to one of the all time best pop groups. What an evolution.

182 bj  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:02:21pm

Oy vey, such drek! How can any reasonable person with even half a brain write you, Charles & Co., of all people hate mail? It is unfathomable. Don’t change a thing, too many people appreciate your efforts .. and can disagree, if necessary, in a mature manner.

183 darkster2400  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:02:38pm

re: #178 So?

sorry - couldn’t help myself

184 nyc redneck  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:02:59pm

re: #152 pink freud

I’ve not missed one in years. I adore the man. :-)

He has consistently not let me down.

i remember first reading his columns several yrs. ago.
thinking i just love this guy.
(mind you this was before i knew anything abt. politics)
he makes sense on a level that transcends the political world.

185 darkster2400  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:03:05pm

by the way - [Link: www.nationalpost.com…]

186 jaunte  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:03:07pm

re: #174 Sharmuta

You can see the desire to copy successful leftist tactics coming out now.

187 Kenneth  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:03:08pm

re: #131 Gus 802

Thanks. And on behalf of Canada I would liek to try to apologize for Bill Shatner, but I don’t think I’m up to it. He’s just too much.

188 albusteve  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:03:21pm

re: #168 darkster2400

Highway 61 Revisited

here it is….

189 [deleted]  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:03:22pm
190 capitalist piglet  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:03:23pm

re: #157 jcm

Locke former gov. is Commerce Sec. Locke at least was tolerable.

People may also be interested to know that Sims also caved to what amounted to extortion by homeless “advocacy” (if by “advocacy”, you mean keeping people in a state of perpetual homelessness) groups who were demanding to be given chunks of public land on which to set up PERMANENT tent cities. The only thing that stopped them was the county charter, which happened to forbid the use of the initial site they had chosen for anything but transit.

Yes, folks - that’s Obama’s #2 at HUD.

191 darkster2400  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:03:40pm

re: #187 Kenneth

now that’s funny

192 razorbacker  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:03:47pm

I do so love to slam me some Obama. One of the softest targets is the quality of the people who make up the Obamanation.

Mr. Koh

As Ed Whelan has demonstrated in a series of posts, Koh’s “transnationalist legal views threaten fundamental American principles of representative government.” Moreover, “Koh would be particularly well positioned as State Department legal adviser to implement his views and to inflict severe and lasting damage.”

Ed defines “transnationalism” in the legal context as the view that challenges the traditional American understanding that international and domestic law are distinct, and that the United States determines for itself through its political branches when and to what extent international law is incorporated into its legal system, and the status of international law in the domestic system is determined by domestic law. Ed explains that “transnationalists aim in particular to use American courts to import international law to override the policies adopted through the processes of representative government.”

That’s where the danger lies, in my not-at-all-humble opinion.

193 Gus  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:03:48pm

re: #185 darkster2400

by the way - [Link: www.nationalpost.com…]

Wow!

Oh boy that’s too much.

194 Kenneth  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:04:15pm

re: #159 jwb7605

No apology necessary.

The gophers or the NDP?

195 Dianna  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:04:15pm

re: #176 Gus 802

Very odd. An extension of his issues with antique furniture?

196 jcm  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:04:33pm

re: #177 rawmuse

Richmond B.C.

The WA 2004 governors election, a bunch of registered voters where traced to Canada.

197 Gus  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:04:38pm

re: #187 Kenneth

[Video]

Monty Hall first. :)

198 reine.de.tout  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:05:12pm

re: #184 nyc redneck

i remember first reading his columns several yrs. ago.
thinking i just love this guy.
(mind you this was before i knew anything abt. politics)
he makes sense on a level that transcends the political world.

He absolutely does.

199 Gus  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:05:13pm

re: #195 Dianna

Very odd. An extension of his issues with antique furniture?

I don’t know. Maybe the gothic nature of some of these things and too many drugs.

200 Sharmuta  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:05:42pm

You can see the desire to copy successful leftist tactics coming out now.

ABSOLUTELY!

201 Wilderstad  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:06:35pm

re: #177 rawmuse

When the U.S.A catches cold, we catch the flu. That’s why.

202 nyc redneck  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:06:56pm

re: #143 reine.de.tout

Sowell writes a couple of newspaper columns each week.

reine, thanks for this link.

203 So?  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:07:39pm

Everyone’s launching inter-continental missiles. Are they celebrating Pass Over?

[Link: www.reuters.com…]

204 Sharmuta  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:07:50pm

People with an unconstrained vision terrify me.

205 Gus  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:07:55pm

re: #187 Kenneth

[Video]

Hmm, that’s kind of like Bob Dylan, meets Buddy Hacket, meets Dean Martin meets Yoko Ono.

206 rawmuse  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:08:55pm

re: #196 jcm

Richmond B.C.

Don’t we have laws preventing that sort of thing?

207 Kenneth  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:09:00pm

re: #205 Gus 802

…on acid.

208 jcm  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:09:11pm

re: #190 capitalist piglet

Ron Sims had a long and glorious* history as King. Co. Exec.

When King Co. had budget problems he cut the Sheriff’s office and doubled his office staff.

After 9/11 he told the Sheriff no money was available for he extra work the new security required. Sheriff Reichert (now a RINO rep in DC) scraped enough savings together to get the job done. Sims then pulled that pot of cash out of the sheriff’s budget back into the general fund.

He’s left King. Co 80 million in the hole.

He spent 40 million on a new county software database, then 20 million to cancel the project.

and on
and on
and on.

209 Musicmaven  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:09:41pm

Off topic …but what the heck!
I saw a bumper sticker today in Obama-drone RI with the little boy wizzing on Obama . I wonder how long it will take for the reeducation patrol to knock on that driver’s front door.
Just wondering!

210 razorbacker  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:09:53pm

I don’t do unsigned hate mail. Well, I don’t really do hate mail, but anyways.

I’ve been told that I have a somewhat distinctive writing style. Described by one (and I wrote it down because it tickled me so) as “Some 18th century throwback who somehow has gotten aholt of a keyboard.”

A base canard. I’m not 18th century. I’m not that evolved.

211 darkster2400  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:10:03pm

also check this out - Willie Nelson v. BBT

[Link: www.theglobeandmail.com…]

No disrespect to Willie, but didn’t he have enough tax issues to be Obama’s ENTIRE cabinet?

212 darkster2400  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:10:46pm

re: #188 albusteve

thanks, my man!

213 Kenneth  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:12:23pm

re: #203 So?

From your link…

Russia successfully test-fired a Topol intercontinental ballistic missile on Friday as part of checks needed to extend its service life for up to 22 years, Russian media reported.

The Topol was fired from the Plesetsk cosmodrome, nestled among the forests of northern Russia, and successfully hit the test site on Russia’s Pacific peninsula of Kamchatka, 6,000 km (3,700 miles) to the east.

“This launch confirmed the time extension for the Topol group of missiles for up to 22 years,” Itar-Tass news agency quoted Colonel Alexander Vovk of the Russian Strategic Rocket Forces as saying.

Test launches of new missiles have become routine in recent years,

Reuters helpfully contextualized the missile launch with a handfull of positve, comfy words.

214 pink freud  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:14:20pm

re: #174 Sharmuta

Rock solid.

215 Salamantis  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:14:21pm

re: #167 jcm

It was Nirvana, before they made it big.

When I was in the Navy stationed in Norfolk, VA in 1975, I dropped into this off-base bar where I discovered that a tiny little black girl with a big beautiful voice was blowing the place away. I stayed for her entire set, and the next one.

Her name? Irene Cara.

216 jwb7605  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:14:46pm

re: #211 darkster2400

also check this out - Willie Nelson v. BBT

[Link: www.theglobeandmail.com…]

Willie Nelson, Ray Price, with Billy Bob Thornton gone.
I’d pay money to see that!

217 razorbacker  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:15:31pm

re: #143 reine.de.tout

Sowell writes a couple of newspaper columns each week.

I love Sowell, because he can “do” desolation without wandering into despair. Reciprocally, he can do hope — the real thing, not the rhetorical posture. A black man, from a fatherless home, raised by an aunt whom he thought was his mother, in rural then urban conditions that would excuse any man for failure, he saw through his circumstances. He dragged himself up, through a machine shop, through the Marines, eventually to great eminence in the academic world, at a time before he could trade on his race. And he continued rising, with the help of honest friends, and by ignoring vilifications.

David Warren

218 Sharmuta  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:15:32pm

re: #214 pink freud

Thanks! :)

219 jcm  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:16:58pm

re: #215 Salamantis

Her name? Irene Cara.

I would have stayed for her. Nirvana at the time was more punk, not my cup of tea.

220 psyop  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:18:24pm

Just have to say, as a devoted member of the PNW….

Don’t paint us all with the same brush!

221 [deleted]  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:22:56pm
222 Chris L.  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:28:37pm

Charles,

It has been a long time since I commented here, but I just wanted to let you know that your blog is still awesome and that I visit it daily. There’re a lot of nuts out there, but many of us devoted Lizardoids appreciate the work you do. Stay the course, and don’t back down.

Chris L.

223 Kenneth  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:33:25pm

re: #221 Iron Fist

No big deal. Taking turns as “president” of a trivial club is typical. Think of little league baseball where everybody gets a turn at bat. Heck, I’ve even heard of a country that “elected” as president a man who has never even held down a fulltime job and can’t make a public speech with a tele-prompeter. Like I said, no big deal.

224 MarineMomSue  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:44:26pm

re: #210 razorbacker
“Some 18th century throwback who somehow has gotten aholt of a keyboard.”

I like your keyboard! Where did you get aholt of it?
///
I can understand why that might be your favorite. :)

225 Monroe  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:47:03pm

Conservative? Yes! Believe in evolution? Hell yes, have since high school forty years ago when I first looked into it. Creationists and these ID people are letting religion drive their intellect. Too bad for all of us.

226 abolitionist  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 6:51:23pm

re: #44 Charles

The website of the new coordinator of the Pensacola Tea Party:

[Link: 209.85.173.132…]

Sponsored by the apocalyptic end-times survivalist products and storable-foods organization we can believe in?
//purely rhetorical Q

227 ladycatnip  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 7:09:37pm

Late to the thread here, but I’m getting the hairs on the back of my neck up from this whole creationist thing. Belief that God created the heavens and the earth was never meant to be a stand-alone issue. It was certainly never meant to be forced down people’s throats via politics or education. To believe that the Lord created all things is so intricately woven into my faith and religion, it’s offensive to me to have it hanging out there on its own. What’s the next litmus test going to be? Transubstantiation? Sprinkling or water immersion for baptism? This is foolishness.

The scary thing is watching how this movement has taken on a life of its own; it’s becoming a litmus test and it’s marginalizing our political party. Wackos have now commandeered this whole creationist science thing which I believe will have colossal negative ramifications on the republican party in ‘12.

228 [deleted]  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 7:11:42pm
229 ladycatnip  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 7:18:10pm

228 Iron Fist

Don’t despair. Avanti was also in the bottom ten.

230 razorbacker  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 7:26:36pm

re: #131 Gus 802

I think ol’ Billy Bob done gone all Hollyweird on us Arkies.

231 Archimedes  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 7:34:25pm

I guess the polite salutation shows that he is civilized. :-/

232 mashiki  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 8:26:12pm

re: #194 Kenneth

The gophers or the NDP?

I think the gophers might be a better choice in the next election. We could live underground with them, and then rise up 1,000 years later. Overthrowing those who worship the sun, while throwing masses of syrup, stringy cheese and explaining the importance of bagged milk to them.

233 wiffersnapper  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 8:30:22pm

Love hate mail posts. They give me a hearty chuckle, and I needed one today. Thanks Charles!

234 Syrah  Fri, Apr 10, 2009 10:10:08pm

About the love note from Seattle …

In Olympia, its the water. In Seattle, its everything else.

235 brat01  Sat, Apr 11, 2009 7:45:38am

The water in the Pacific Northwest doesn’t seem to have affected us all…..Ignore the trolls.

Last updated: 2021-06-05 2:51 pm PDT

Cash.app Shop at amazon
Uncommon US Flags #2: Commissioning Pennant A Commissioning Pennant is a flag flown from the masthead of a warship from the moment the ship is placed in service until the moment it is decommissioned. The only time the pennant is not displayed on a US ...
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷