Judge Napolitano Appears on Alex Jones Show

Frequent Fox News contributor and host of Fox News online show “Freedom Watch,” Judge Andrew Napolitano, appears on one of the craziest, most extreme conspiracy/hate/kook shows in America. Alex Jones is the 9/11 Truther who Napolitano called, “the one, the only, the great Alex Jones.”

Bad, bad craziness.

Youtube Video

1 doppelganglander  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:14:39am

*spit*

2 Nevergiveup  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:16:52am

A jersey boy.

3 Killgore Trout  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:16:56am

Behold the new conservatism.

4 Land Shark  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:17:04am

Man, as bad as those Birth Certificate nuts are, they are pillars of sanity next to these 9/11 Truthers...

5 Pawn of the Oppressor  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:17:22am

It's getting to be like "Six Degrees of Alex Jones" on the non-Democrat side of the aisle... Depressing stuff.

I say we bring back Buckley. We have the technology!

6 acwgusa  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:17:58am

Charles, how about starting the Lizardoid Party? I'd like a sane party to join, please.

7 Gang of One  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:17:59am

So much for Fox News being reputable.

8 Cathypop  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:18:43am

So when did Napolitano have a labotomy?

9 Nevergiveup  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:19:31am

re: #7 Gang of One

So much for Fox News being reputable.

Every family and News Bureau has it's crazy Uncles. The trick is being able to tell it ain't you!

10 Van Helsing  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:19:31am

Alright then. Any one have an alternative?

11 DaddyG  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:20:28am

Are these guys ignorant of the groups they are legitimizing? Why on earth would they do this if they knew the connections?

I am completely curflummoxed.

12 JammieWearingFool  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:21:24am

Maybe it's something to do with that hairline.

13 Walter L. Newton  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:21:35am

re: #9 Nevergiveup

Yea, well, the Fox family tree seem to ONLY have uncles on it, and they are all loony.

14 jwb7605  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:22:06am

re: #8 Cathypop

So when did Napolitano have a labotomy?

re: #10 Van Helsing

Alright then. Any one have an alternative?

The ACLU? I agree with the ACLU on rare occasions. I agree with Napolitano on rare occasions.

15 Ben Hur  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:22:14am

Shep dropped an F-Bomb on Freedom Watch yesterday.

16 S'latch  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:22:18am

When there is nowhere to turn, you turn it off.

17 Athos  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:22:49am

Judge Nap - Alex Jones - Lew Rockwell - Ron Paul: - Still stuck on stupid.

We need to identify them correctly, they are not conservatives, they are libretarians....and well outside the mainstream. FNC needs to stop providing a forum for the fringe....otherwise they are just emulating MSNBC.

18 EaterOfFood  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:22:50am

re: #9 Nevergiveup

There are days when that's difficult for me, quite frankly. Thank God for this site; it makes it somewhat easier.

19 unreconstructed rebel  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:23:40am

re: #5 Pawn of the Oppressor

I say we bring back Buckley. We have the technology!

Rudy with no fire in the belly & the professional pols hatred/fear of Newt makes for a long trek in the wilderness for the Republicans, I fear.

20 MandyManners  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:23:45am

When attention-whores collide.

21 turn  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:23:50am

is anybody having problems with the video? it's blank on my poooter

22 Gang of One  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:24:33am

Slightly OT, my mother and father are big fans of O'Reilly, Hannity, Huckabee and Beck. Asked mom yesterday [while she was watching Beck] if she did not think Beck a bit over the top. She said that she thought him 'entertaining.'
I went to drink martinis ...

23 turn  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:24:53am

re: #21 turn

reboot turn

24 Randall Gross  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:24:54am

re: #17 Athos

Judge Nap - Alex Jones - Lew Rockwell - Ron Paul: - Still stuck on stupid.

They are not libertarians either. They only pretend to be, check their stances on social issues and immigration and you see they aren't anywhere near central Libertarian tenets.

25 jorline  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:25:27am

re: #18 EaterOfFood

We're the cousins your "conservative" mother and father warned you about.

26 rawmuse  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:27:23am

A pile of angry kooks. Glad I don't have cable.

27 Lee Coller  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:28:15am

This guy was once a Judge? I hope someone is reviewing all his decisions, he's certainly no judge of character.

28 Dave the.....  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:28:18am

FOX is all about ratings. They found a formula to get people to tune in. unfortunatly we are losing Fox as a legitamete source of conservative viewpoints and news.

But as one blogger noted (was it Malkin....herself way over the top) that we have 75 year-old Larry King asking an 18 year-old boy about sex acts he has engaged in.

29 Charles Johnson  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:28:18am

YouTube seems to be offline at the moment. Should be back soon.

30 Son of the Black Dog  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:28:37am

re: #21 turn

is anybody having problems with the video? it's blank on my poooter

Consider yourself lucky.

31 rawmuse  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:28:38am

Is this judge elected or appointed? if so, by whom?

32 Killgore Trout  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:28:45am

re: #26 rawmuse

it's not just cable. This is where mainstream conservative bloggers are getting their talking points from.

33 Nevergiveup  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:29:31am

re: #29 Charles

YouTube seems to be offline at the moment. Should be back soon.

Metube ain't to well either?

34 Nevergiveup  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:29:56am

re: #31 rawmuse

Is this judge elected or appointed? if so, by whom?

The glorious state of NJ

35 Athos  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:30:42am

re: #24 Thanos

In the case of the Judge, and to a lesser extent Paul, they self-identify themselves as Libretarians. The Libretarians were hoping that Paul would be their nominee for President (again) and Rockwell advocated the Judge as his running mate.

36 turn  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:30:46am

re: #30 Son of the Black Dog

Consider yourself lucky.

That judge sure is kooky, the fring right is sure getting uppidy lately.

37 rawmuse  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:30:50am

re: #34 Nevergiveup

The glorious state of NJ

A hotbed of mainstream conservatism, just as I suspected.

38 Neutral President  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:30:59am
Frequent Fox News contributor and host of Fox News online show “Freedom Watch,” Judge Andrew Napolitano, appears on one of the craziest, most extreme conspiracy/hate/kook shows in America. Alex Jones is the 9/11 Truther Napolitano called, “the one, the only, the great Alex Jones.”

"Symmetrical kook stacking. Like the Philadelphia Mass Turbulence of 1947."

39 Honorary Yooper  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:32:10am

re: #38 ArchangelMichael

"Symmetrical kook stacking. Like the Philadelphia Mass Turbulence of 1947."

Right, no human stacks kooks that way, Ray.

40 Dave the.....  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:32:29am

There are so many real issues out there you could talk about. Sec'y of energy saying we need to find a way to get our gas prices up to the European level of $8 a gallon. Obama's totally abandoning the US as an image of freedom to oppressed peoples.

Even here, instead of issues that I enjoy discussing, we have the antics of the lunitic right dominating much of our threads.

41 Athos  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:32:34am

re: #5 Pawn of the Oppressor

I say we bring back Buckley. We have the technology!

We just have to decide to embrace the principles he supported - and step up to clean out the odious associations which can be used to taint conservativism. In this case, write a lot of letters to Roger Ailes.

42 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:32:44am

re: #29 Charles

YouTube seems to be offline at the moment. Should be back soon.

I attempted to email the Judge via his website but I get a syntax error when submitting via his email form.

43 rawmuse  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:32:47am

My take on it is that the reactions on the Right will become more pronounced as the Obama presidency and its agenda unfolds over time. The first 100 days have been bad enough, the mind reels at what may lie ahead.

44 Kragar  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:32:55am

re: #38 ArchangelMichael

"Symmetrical kook stacking. Like the Philadelphia Mass Turbulence of 1947."

Next thing you know, we'll experience a mass sponge migration

45 Killgore Trout  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:33:21am

Bummer that youtube crapped out. I was trying to watch the video of the pastor getting tuned up by the border patrol.

46 Walter L. Newton  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:33:27am

re: #40 Dave the.....

If you don't like it, leave.

47 Ben Hur  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:34:07am

re: #45 Killgore Trout

The interview with the Pastor or have they released the BP dashboard cam?

48 Walter L. Newton  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:34:11am

re: #45 Killgore Trout

OT -

I'm out of here in a few minutes to go to work. Did you watch the LOST clip show last night?

49 Neutral President  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:34:32am

re: #44 Kragar (Proud to be Kafir)

Next thing you know, we'll experience a mass sponge migration

The sponges migrated about a foot and a half!

50 rawmuse  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:35:14am

re: #32 Killgore Trout

That makes as much sense as having Perez Hiilton judge the Miss America contest.

51 MandyManners  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:35:18am

re: #40 Dave the.....

How do you fight back against something that you don't acknowledge?

52 Randall Gross  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:35:20am

re: #35 Athos

I understand that, but mainstream libertarianism died a while back. That party has been mostly taken over by the whackos led by Rothbard/Rockwell.

53 Gang of One  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:35:33am

re: #40 Dave the.....

Dave, these are real, sobering issues -- especially for us anti-idiotarins, and Charles does an important service to us all by keeping them on the front burner.

54 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:35:39am

From his wiki...

"Both Dr. Murray Sabrin and Lew Rockwell mentioned Napolitano as a possible vice presidential running mate for Republican Ron Paul during the 2008 presidential election.[3]"

No shocker...

55 Kragar  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:35:52am

re: #49 ArchangelMichael

The sponges migrated about a foot and a half!

Just keep an eye on Yooper or he'll try to drill a hole in his skull again.

56 Killgore Trout  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:36:05am

re: #47 Ben Hur

The interview with the Pastor or have they released the BP dashboard cam?

No, the guy filmed it himself. He's posted a few videos of him harassing cops at border crossings in the past. He provokes incidents and video tapes them himself.

57 Dave the.....  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:36:06am

Walter, you miss my point. I am saying that I wish the loony right would go away as their antics are smoothering most other issues. I'm not saying that we shouldn't discuss it. And don't be such a douche.

58 Killgore Trout  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:36:31am

re: #48 Walter L. Newton

No, I skipped it. was it worth it?

59 unreconstructed rebel  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:36:36am

Spiritually, I consider myself something of a Libertarian & I truly believe that that government is best which governs least.

But the fundamental problem Libertarians have, IMHO, is that they don't really understand governance. Hence, I would find it very difficult to ever want to vote for one.

60 MandyManners  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:36:48am

re: #57 Dave the.....

They WON'T go away.

61 Kragar  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:37:00am

re: #50 rawmuse

I think the real reason dipshit got so angry was she looked better in the dress then when he tried it on.

62 Dave the.....  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:37:52am

Mandy, I know. It's like our version of MoveOn.org/code pink during the Bush years.

63 Gang of One  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:37:52am

re: #57 Dave the.....

Point taken about the loony right, Dave. But it's THEIR action/reaction to these same issues that might do our cause real harm, IMHO.

64 MandyManners  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:39:07am

re: #62 Dave the.....

We need to fight back against them.

65 Russkilitlover  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:39:15am

OT - but too priceless.....

www.politico.com...]>Reid Splits from Pelosi....

66 Honorary Yooper  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:39:30am

re: #52 Thanos

I've noticed that. Even as recently as the late 1990s, the Libertarian Party was not full of kooks like that. We actually got a group going at college to make it an alternative to the College Republicans on campus (there were no College Democrats there). Why? We were sick of the religious element (creationism, et.al.) coming from some of their members.

67 Athos  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:39:55am

re: #60 MandyManners

They WON'T go away.

Exactly. We have to keep them discredited and on the fringe where they can wallow in their irrelevance. Every effort and attempt to enter the mainstream has to be exposed and fought.

68 subsailor68  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:40:09am

re: #60 MandyManners

They WON'T go away.

Agree completely. It seems to me that if we don't a) keep abreast of what these folks are saying/doing, and b) find a way to counteract them....well, it just provides fuel to the libs. No faster way to discredit conservatives than to allow the left to define us - and to give them these examples to set forth.

69 Walter L. Newton  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:40:27am

re: #58 Killgore Trout

No, I skipped it. was it worth it?

I didn't watch, but, interesting confirmation was made, that Widmore did plant the phony Flight 815 crash in the Sundra (sp?) Trench.

Up to this point, Ben had said Widmore faked the crash site, but Widmore denied it, but it was confirmed last night.

Second bit of info. The Aija (sp) flight 316 took off in 2008, but it landed in 2007 on the Hydra Island (the small animal research island off shore of the main island), of course, with the other bunch of passengers flipping back and forth to other "times" and ending up in 1977.

70 Neutral President  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:40:53am

re: #62 Dave the.....

Did you see the left ever denounce their kooks? We shouldn't be emulating them, and those of us who are, shouldn't be getting a pass. Otherwise we are no different from the lefties.

71 Vicious Babushka  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:41:09am

re: #56 Killgore Trout

You do not mess with border patrol. My son was once detained at US/Canada border, on the Canadian side) for 6 hours because his wife's tourist visa (she is not a US citizen) did not include visits to Canada. He is lucky they did not disassemble his rental car. And he was very polite and did everything they told him.

72 Ward Cleaver  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:41:11am

I wouldn't go on Jones's show, simply because I'd worry about the insanity rubbing off on me. Looks like it's already rubbed off on Judge Nap.

73 DaddyG  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:41:30am

Is the YouTube server in Islamabad?

74 Walter L. Newton  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:42:00am

re: #57 Dave the.....

It seems Dave that most here agree with the douche. Thanks for the compliment.

75 Scion9  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:42:09am

I just saw a documentary about 'anti-Globalist' conspiracy theoriests called New World Order prominently featuring Alex Jones.

Overall, I thought it was pretty boring but you do get to see him have at least one conspiracy fueled panic attack from a hotel fire alarm which in his mind suddenly becomes a government plot to shut down his scheduled call in to Coast to Coast.

If anyone has Comcast On-Demand, it is free for viewing (or at least it is in my area; I don't know if that differs nationally) at the moment. Probably worth watching for educational purposes. Lots of pimping for Ron Paul, and dopes thinking they are 'saving the world'.

76 Miss Trixie  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:42:20am

... testing ... testing ... 1 2 3 ...

77 Nevergiveup  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:42:25am

re: #65 Russkilitlover

OT - but too priceless.....

Reid Splits from Pelosi....

78 Honorary Yooper  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:42:26am

re: #73 DaddyG

Is the YouTube server in Islamabad?

Might explain how the jihadi videos have staying power there.

79 KenJen  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:43:49am

re: #69 Walter L. Newton

Just hit the jump to bottom button. Is this what Judge Nap and Alex Jones are discussing on his show?

80 Ben Hur  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:44:15am

re: #56 Killgore Trout

Seen one, I think.

He definately is provocative.

81 Ward Cleaver  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:44:35am

re: #79 KenJen

Their stuff is kookier than that.

82 Neutral President  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:44:58am

re: #52 Thanos

The first mass migration of non-kooks from the Libertarian party occurred with the election of Ronald Reagen. The next one happened with 9/11. All that is left in that party are a full spectrum of kooks. Luap Nor is actually less-kooky than a lot of what that party has to offer.

83 Ward Cleaver  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:45:44am

re: #45 Killgore Trout

What?

84 Ward Cleaver  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:46:22am

re: #82 ArchangelMichael

Hugh Hewitt calls them the "Losertarians".

85 gegenkritik  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:46:24am

This Alex Jones is really bad, reminds me to Charles Coughlin.
Hopefully, the GoP as a whole will not be influenced by people like him.

86 Killgore Trout  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:46:34am

re: #69 Walter L. Newton

Interesting. Maybe I'll watch online this weekend.

87 yesandno  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:46:49am

re: #20 MandyManners

When attention-whores collide.

We are all taken for a ride.
We could survive if we could hide
Nope, it's easier to loose all pride.

88 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:47:26am

I notice that even Sean Hannity refers to himself now as a Libertarian...

89 SummerSong  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:47:58am

Jay Leno: "To celebrate Earth Day, a group of schoolchildren in Washington each planted a hair plug in Joe Biden's head."

90 researchok  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:48:00am

Napolitano is an opportunist- and thus a jerk.

91 [deleted]  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:48:20am
92 formercorpsman  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:48:24am

Bad craziness indeed.

93 Killgore Trout  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:49:06am

re: #83 Ward Cleaver

Ah, he only posted a nine second clip of one of the offices laughing at him. Apparently he clogged up the border checkpoint of over an hour. He'll post it sooner or later.

94 Nevergiveup  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:49:21am

Seems they are having an Obama masturbation celebration over on Drudge?

[Link: www.drudgereport.com...]

95 Neutral President  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:49:29am

re: #84 Ward Cleaver

Hugh Hewitt calls them the "Losertarians".

And at this point he rightly should. All the rational small government people are either in the Republican party or have gone independent.

96 SecondComing  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:49:50am

I'll repost what I posted in the Ron Paul entry:

Alex Jones and the whole "Truther" movement, "9/11 was an inside job nonsense" is some of the scariest/looniest stuff to me. I was reading some stuff on the Georgia Guidestones in Wired and read they were defaced. So I did a google search and found pictures(looks like Troofers spray painted them): [Link: [Link: www.congresscheck.com...]...]

I cringed when I saw "9/11 inside job" spray painted on one. This kind of thinking is becoming more and more widespread. I run into people that buy into this nonsense more and more. I think I'm just going to start giving them the blank WTF glare.

97 rawmuse  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:50:00am

re: #90 researchok

Napolitano is an opportunist- and thus a jerk.

He and Alex Jones both are. Jones has crafted a multimillion dollar income out this crazy shit. The magic is working, for him.

98 unreconstructed rebel  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:50:10am

re: #94 Nevergiveup

Seems they are having an Obama masturbation celebration over on Drudge?

[Link: www.drudgereport.com...]

The photograph is priceless.

99 Killgore Trout  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:50:35am

re: #94 Nevergiveup

I have a lot of complaints with Obama but he's looking better and better as the right gets crazier.

100 Nevergiveup  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:51:09am

re: #99 Killgore Trout

Get a grip there Killgore?

101 FrogMarch  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:51:27am

The fact that Alex Jones has shifted from the far left to the far right is very telling. I wonder if the "judge" is bothered by Alex Jones' pathetic paranoid insane 9/11 troofer beliefs?

Alex actually believes that the folks on the airplanes that day were in on it.

Alex is a fraud, any way you slice him.

102 formercorpsman  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:53:20am

re: #99 Killgore Trout

Killgore, the left has lent credibility to the truther movement as well.

Not a defense of this crap, but lets be serious.

103 KenJen  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:53:26am

re: #98 unreconstructed rebel

The photograph is priceless.

Its a "How did I get my shit into this. I didn't know it would be so much work" kind of look.

104 FrogMarch  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:53:30am

re: #94 Nevergiveup

Seems they are having an Obama masturbation celebration over on Drudge?

[Link: www.drudgereport.com...]

Vote for Obama, get a pink slip. Now worries. Folks can work for his re-election campaign or for some other government run agency that takes money from the private sector and uses it to feather the nests of the political class.

105 Ward Cleaver  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:53:34am

re: #93 Killgore Trout

Who's this "pastor"?

106 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:53:43am

re: #99 Killgore Trout

Dude... He has done very few things thus far that are in the best interests of the American people...

107 SecondComing  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:53:51am

re: #96 SecondComing

I'll repost what I posted in the Ron Paul entry:

108 subsailor68  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:54:02am

OT, but ya gotta love it:

Obama Earth Day Flights Burned More Than 9,000 Gallons Of Fuel

The money quote:

President Obama could have saved at least 9,116 gallons of fuel by giving his speech at the White House – but no wind turbines are manufactured here.

And the real kicker? It's from the CBS News website. Ouch.

109 Russkilitlover  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:54:03am

re: #99 Killgore Trout

Hey frog - the water is coming to a boil.

110 unreconstructed rebel  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:54:10am

Mi senora has retruned. Gotta go.

111 Killgore Trout  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:54:35am

re: #105 Ward Cleaver

They mention him in the beginning of the video Charles posted. He's a conspiracy nut who harasses police officers.

112 rawmuse  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:55:00am

If I ever post the phrase "Obama is looking better and better to me" on this blog, would one of you please come over take me to the nearest psych ward, please?
Or just shoot me and put me out of my misery. LOL

113 karmic_inquisitor  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:55:42am

I ran across this and thought folks here would find it interesting.

Seems that Glenn Beck was put in the cross-hairs of Alex Jones about 18 months ago. This was due to beck going off on Ron Paul supporters

Here is the tinyurl link that takes you to the "story" at Alex Jones' mindless site.

[Link: tinyurl.com...]

Seems these guys all operate in a fratricide rich environment as they work out the new standard of "purity" for the "Conservative Republican / all others are RHINOS" label.

114 gegenkritik  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:56:39am

re: #99 Killgore Trout

Definitely. Compared to freaks like Alex Jones or Ron Paul, President Obama is a trustworthy and decent politician.

115 lawhawk  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:57:24am

So, is this the symptom or the cause of the disease that is festering in the GOP? I think it's a symptom of the lack of direction of the GOP. Those with the most dedicated (committed (in every sense) base are pushing the party in whatever direction they see fit, regardless of the outcome on the party as a whole. Paul has repeatedly shown that he's got the most committed base, and they've got a ground game that is pretty hardy, despite the sound thrashing in the polls.

That's led him to rack up continued support in lean times for the GOP overall. Paul is in the same ballpark as Rockwell and the other kooks and far right fringe types who think that they've got the podium because anyone who might have more moderate views is being thrashed as not being truly sympathetic to the cause.

The conspiracy nuts are doing their best to sink their teeth into the GOP, and there's no one in the GOP who appears willing or capable of taking the party back from these people. Some may be trying to coopt the Tea Parties from the Paulians, but they haven't been successful. The GOP has to start putting together a coherent message and stay on point. With Rockwell, Jones, Paul, and the fringe pushing the party message, that's hard to do - especially since that's where the media will focus, instead of on the issues that win elections - fiscal responsibility and national security.

116 MandyManners  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:57:34am

Oh, for fuck's sake. Alex Jones is not a representative of the GOP.

117 SecondComing  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:57:50am

re: #107 SecondComing

sheesh one more time:

[Link: www.congresscheck.com...]

118 FrogMarch  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:57:59am

side note: Remember -- Howard Dean and Hillary Clinton were both opportunistic troofer wanna bees. Many democrats used the suspicion of 9/11 trooferism to their political advantage - weather they believed it or not.

119 zombie  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:58:05am

Who is this mysterious "WV.Hillbilly" and why is he or she going through every one of my comments and dinging them down for no apparent reason -- even completely innocuous comments? Strange. I didn't even say anything controversial. And I've never heard of "WV.Hillbilly" before.

120 yesandno  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:58:09am

re: #108 subsailor68

OT, but ya gotta love it:

Obama Earth Day Flights Burned More Than 9,000 Gallons Of Fuel

The money quote:

And the real kicker? It's from the CBS News website. Ouch.

Maybe no turbines, but lots of wind is created in Washington...and the White House has a large share in the production.

121 MandyManners  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:58:27am

And neither is Napolitano. They're both attention whores.

122 rawmuse  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:58:49am

re: #116 MandyManners

Oh, for fuck's sake. Alex Jones is not a representative of the GOP.

Au contraire. If you believe what you read here, he is mainstream all of a sudden.
I too, think that is bullshit.

123 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:59:02am

re: #116 MandyManners

Oh, for fuck's sake. Alex Jones is not a representative of the GOP.

Definitely right... He is not...

124 Dianna  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:59:22am

re: #119 zombie

No clue. 47 comments, Karma +7. In since 2004?

Does anybody remember reading those comments?

125 yesandno  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 11:59:57am

re: #114 gegenkritik

Let us not go overboard...hard to shove trustworthy and decent in the same sentence with politician, particularly as adjectives.

126 Dianna  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:00:14pm

re: #119 zombie

Oh, and I dinged you up, just in case.

127 FrogMarch  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:01:01pm

re: #116 MandyManners

Oh, for fuck's sake. Alex Jones is not a representative of the GOP.

That's right. But because some Fox News commentators are opportunistic and unwilling to do their homework - we must remind them that Alex Jones is a fraud.
(which is pathetic and we shouldn't have to do that.)
*The "judge" is probably a lost cause.

128 LGoPs  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:01:03pm

re: #99 Killgore Trout

Yeah, I can see that. Obama has just taken a major step towards endangering every one of us by raising the threat of investigations and trials for people doing their duty in the previous administration. Endangering us immediately, by the way, because of the second guessing, hesitation to act and just plain hanging back that this kind of message will translate into for those charged with protecting us.
But wait, let's get out the microscope and find some despicable shit being associated with the right and focus on that instead. I see your concern.

129 Vicious Babushka  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:01:15pm

re: #119 zombie

Maybe someone who was photographed by you at "Folsom Street" or "Up Your Alley" and his backwoods relatives are all after him with their double-barrels.

130 ConservatismNow!  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:01:27pm

It seems that any for-profit news organization is losing credibility the more they try to boost ratings and readership. The only credible news sources are the ones that do it for the news, like a lot of blogs. I consider LGF to be a news source as well based on the current news model of "report what other news sources have already reported, but with your own spin on it." That's why I come here. Its so I can get the news that the media reports as well as the news that isn't. Charles would make a fantastic news editor because he's got the bullshit detector that most news editors are missing.

131 [deleted]  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:01:30pm
132 [deleted]  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:01:39pm
133 Ben Hur  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:01:47pm

re: #116 MandyManners

Oh, for fuck's sake. Alex Jones is not a representative of the GOP.

Sure he is.

And so is Duke.

Duke supported the Tea Parties.

134 Gus  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:02:06pm

Right of the bat Andrew P. Napolitano mentions that lunatic Pastor Steven Anderson.

Anyone have the link to his blog? Can't seem to find it.

135 DaddyG  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:02:19pm

re: #119 zombie Perhaps Charles can set a minimum number of posts before people can ding up or down? These ding-bats are annoying and tend to pick on our more prominent posters.

136 alegrias  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:02:32pm

re: #114 gegenkritik

* * *
You really fit your contrarian German nicname. You make a poor comparison, by several orders of magnitude, since by your own admission, the first two ARE freaks and pimples on the butt of some nutjobs.

The latter is the most powerful leader on the planet Earth.

137 subsailor68  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:02:42pm

re: #124 Dianna

No clue. 47 comments, Karma +7. In since 2004?

Does anybody remember reading those comments?

Hi Dianna. Yeah, I took a look at that as well. That's five years or so, with that few posts? Hm. Charles might want to look at an upding/downding number for that page. (Don't need individual names probably, just totals.)
It would be a way to identify how seriously we'd want to take someone.

Example, this guy has 47 posts in 5 years. But, we find out he has 2400 downdings he's given, and no updings. Would be revealing, perhaps?

138 Neutral President  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:03:14pm

re: #119 zombie

Based on the content of that post and comment thread, it's a sleeper who has "had dog gone enough of this bashing teh fox news!"

139 Nevergiveup  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:03:21pm

re: #121 MandyManners

And neither is Napolitano. They're both attention whores.

well I think the judge is a gay whore

140 formercorpsman  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:04:01pm

re: #116 MandyManners

I agree. Although, from what little I know of him, I think he might qualify as right leaning as far as that spectrum goes.

With history being ever so short, it was not very long ago he was finding common cause with many influential folks on the left who trotted the truther crap out as well.

Perpetual reach around stuff.

141 DaddyG  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:04:07pm

re: #139 Nevergiveup

well I think the judge is a gay whore

Not that there's anything wrong with that... /

142 Ben Hur  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:04:28pm

re: #137 subsailor68

It would be a way to identify how seriously we'd want to take someone.

I think he's updinged me.

143 zombie  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:04:33pm

re: #135 DaddyG

re: #137 subsailor68

It would be a way to identify how seriously we'd want to take someone.

That's an interesting suggestion. It would compel people to participate in the conversation before have the right to undermine it.

144 [deleted]  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:04:53pm
145 [deleted]  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:05:15pm
146 razorbacker  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:05:46pm

Somehow this seems appropriate.

I stole it from Ace.

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends (with subtitles)

147 Honorary Yooper  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:05:47pm

re: #99 Killgore Trout

No, I disagree with you on that. He looks just as bad as he did even as the nuts on the far right show their true colors. Remember, MoveOn, World Can't Wait, et.al., still exist on the far left.

148 Nevergiveup  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:06:00pm

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton cautioned Israel's right-wing government on Thursday that it risked losing Arab support for fighting any threats from Iran if it shuns Palestinian peace talks.

[Link: www.haaretz.com...]

Sounds like a threat to me? How about all you out there? Do what I dictate to you or else! That's how it sounds to me.

149 Ben Hur  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:06:06pm

re: #119 zombie

It's Bill O'Reilly.

150 albusteve  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:06:24pm

re: #147 Honorary Yooper

Killgore sees the shark

151 [deleted]  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:06:27pm
152 karmic_inquisitor  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:06:28pm

re: #115 lawhawk

It is the crucible. Out of the fire will emerge the pure.

These guys are trying to come up with the "pure" narrative. And the way pure works, it is exclusionary.

That creates an opportunity for a big tent/uniter, but the fact is that some of this sh*t doesn't belong in any tent but a circus tent.

Some Republican of standing is going to have to come forward an slap the kooks around a bit in order to focus the message on themes that most Americans can get on board with. We will see if there is one who has the courage / risk taking capacity to do it. If not, Obama gets 8 years.

153 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:06:52pm

re: #148 Nevergiveup

[Link: www.haaretz.com...]

So if I am Israel I say 'OK, so what?'

154 SecondComing  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:07:03pm

re: #88 tfc3rid

I notice that even Sean Hannity refers to himself now as a Libertarian...

Are you serious? I heard him on the other day saying favorable things about Ron Paul supporters and joking about the incident where they pelted him with snowballs. Staying stuff like he defended them or something. Sheesh.

155 rawmuse  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:07:34pm

I nominate TFK to put me out of my misery, should I ever require it, per my #112.
Later, Lizards.

156 albusteve  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:08:03pm

re: #152 karmic_inquisitor

It is the crucible. Out of the fire will emerge the pure.

I suggested months ago that Steele stand up and say something....he is not elected and has nothing to lose

157 Nevergiveup  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:08:31pm

re: #153 tfc3rid

So if I am Israel I say 'OK, so what?'

So America
1) stops supporting Israel in the UN
2) starts slowing down the arms supply
3) closes the Oval office to Israeli Politicians- oh sorry they are doing that already

158 [deleted]  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:08:52pm
159 Honorary Yooper  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:09:10pm

re: #114 gegenkritik

A mere matter of a hundreth of a degree.

160 karmic_inquisitor  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:09:22pm

Zombie -

email at ztime seems to be out again ...

FYI

Just wanted you to know that I love the term "Trustafarians". Did you come up with it?

161 Nevergiveup  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:09:25pm

re: #158 buzzsawmonkey

I'd be a libertarian, except that I can never remember that damned Dewey Decimal System.

Governor of NY right?

162 subsailor68  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:09:47pm

re: #142 Ben Hur

I think he's updinged me.

If so, that's cool. Heck, for all I know, he may have a ton of updings, and limited his downdings to zombie (which I sure wouldn't understand). Just might be interesting to know where someone who hasn't posted enough for us to get to know him is coming from.

163 DaddyG  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:09:48pm

You are not alone Zombie - WV Hillbilly took a lot of Karma off that page. Me included.

Now its personal! /

164 MrSilverDragon  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:09:51pm

re: #158 buzzsawmonkey

They have microfiche for that now.

165 ConservatismNow!  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:10:41pm

re: #162 subsailor68

I think it's because hillbillies don't like the undead.

166 [deleted]  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:10:41pm
167 J.S.  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:11:12pm

re: #119 zombie

The "hillbilly" has also down-dinged comments made by Charles, lol, so you're not the only target, I guess...

168 Nevergiveup  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:11:13pm

Cardinals are playing home run derby with the mets in St. Louis. 7-2 bottom 5th

169 MrSilverDragon  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:11:32pm

re: #166 buzzsawmonkey

Micro Sea Kittens, please.

I sit corrected.

170 Charles Johnson  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:11:36pm

re: #119 zombie

Not any more.

171 Nevergiveup  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:11:40pm

re: #165 ConservatismNow!

I think it's because hillbillies don't like the undead.

They like their sisters right?
/ducking

172 alegrias  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:11:50pm

re: #156 albusteve

* * * *
Right now, Steele's job is to raise money for the just badly beaten GOP. His job is to help re-arm the GOP coffers and keep the troops giving to help their fellow GOP candidates.

Steele might have electoral aspirations, he ran for Governor of Maryland.

173 aRedPhishHead  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:11:58pm

EPIC FAIL, Judge.

Epic. Freaking. FAIL.

174 LGoPs  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:11:59pm

re: #162 subsailor68

No, he updinged me too and downdinged Charles, something I hardly if ever see, a lot - couple threads back. Didn't see Zombie on that one at all.

175 subsailor68  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:12:38pm

re: #171 Nevergiveup

They like their sisters right?
/ducking

LOL! Nope, but they sure do have a thing for ol' Ned Beatty.

;-)

176 karmic_inquisitor  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:12:50pm

re: #156 albusteve

It would be interesting if Romney did it.

It would overcome a major reservation I have about the guy - does he have moral courage or does he just game out what collection of policies gets him the broadest reach. Reagan had moral courage and won people over as a result.

Romney is in the position to do it, would make headlines if he did (Steele wouldn't at this point IMO - he has lost his authority), and Romney can be mean - which is kinda what is needed. I don't know how you "bridge the issues" with this camp.

177 DaddyG  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:12:51pm

I guess I don't understand the need to ding peoples comments (up or down) without first participating in the conversation.

Critics are like people who come out of hiding after a battle and shoot the wounded.

178 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:12:58pm

re: #157 Nevergiveup

Yeah I was going to say, how would that be different than what we are doing...

179 Idle Drifter  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:13:06pm

Doesn't Alex Jones have close ties with the 9-11 Truth Movement?

7,370,000 hits on Google. Including Prison Planet and Info Wars.

In a word, yes.

180 albusteve  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:13:21pm

re: #172 alegrias

* * * *

Steele might have electoral aspirations, he ran for Governor of Maryland.

that's what everyone says as if I don't know it...so what?...he's allowed to have an opinion and I think he should speak up

181 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:13:33pm

re: #168 Nevergiveup

Cardinals are playing home run derby with the mets in St. Louis. 7-2 bottom 5th

You don't have to tell me... They stink...

182 Gus  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:13:35pm

Found Pastor Steve Anderon's blog -- again.

Apparently crazy old Andrew P. Napolitano called him as well as his attorney on his show at Fox.

Like I mentioned before he's also an anti-vax nut which he thinks they're doing for "population control."

183 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:13:53pm

re: #179 Idle Drifter

Doesn't Alex Jones have close ties with the 9-11 Truth Movement?

7,370,000 hits on Google. Including Prison Planet and Info Wars.

In a word, yes.

Executive Producer of Loose Change...

184 Kosh's Shadow  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:14:11pm

re: #148 Nevergiveup

[Link: www.haaretz.com...]

I'm not so sure. How much support will the Arabs actually give Israel anyway?

185 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:14:27pm

re: #163 DaddyG

Now its personal! /

But updinged me...

186 Honorary Yooper  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:14:30pm

re: #149 Ben Hur

It's Bill O'Reilly.

Whatever WV Hillbilly was, it's banned now.

187 albusteve  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:14:37pm

re: #176 karmic_inquisitor

It would be interesting if Romney did it.

Romney would be even better....somebody, anybody....where's Newt?

188 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:14:48pm

re: #184 Kosh's Shadow

I'm not so sure. How much support will the Arabs actually give Israel anyway?

Faux support...

189 Guanxi88  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:15:15pm

re: #129 Alouette

As a former Mountaineer, I wish to take umbrage with, and exception to, your characterization of my fellow Wes Virginians. Double-barreled shotguns are only rarely used these days, preference being given to the thutty-thutty, for better handling characteristics.

190 Neutral President  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:15:16pm

Killian! Here is Sub-zero...

Now plain zero.

191 Nevergiveup  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:15:18pm

re: #181 tfc3rid

You don't have to tell me... They stink...

They don't stink. Their pitching stinks that is for sure.

192 Gus  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:15:20pm

For the record I checked Andrew P. Napolitano's contributions at the FEC. He's a contributor to Republican candidates and groups.

193 Honorary Yooper  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:15:31pm

re: #185 tfc3rid

But updinged me...

And it downdinged me a couple of times.

194 albusteve  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:15:52pm

re: #188 tfc3rid

Faux support...

they are far more frightened of each other if you toss in Iran

195 Nevergiveup  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:16:20pm

re: #184 Kosh's Shadow

I'm not so sure. How much support will the Arabs actually give Israel anyway?

That has nothing to do with Arabs? That was Hilliary threatening Israel.

196 Honorary Yooper  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:16:25pm

re: #190 ArchangelMichael

Killian! Here is Sub-zero...

Now plain zero.

You can give it negative karma if you like. I did a downding for the jerk.

197 DaddyG  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:16:28pm

re: #185 tfc3rid No accounting for taste. // ;-)

198 ConservatismNow!  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:16:41pm

re: #184 Kosh's Shadow

I'm not so sure. How much support will the Arabs actually give Israel anyway?

They will give them as much support as a hangman's noose.

199 jorline  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:16:59pm

re: #119 zombie

Problem solved zom.

200 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:17:06pm

re: #191 Nevergiveup

They don't stink. Their pitching stinks that is for sure.

No, trust me, they stink. I said preseason they win 78... I stick with it.

201 Athos  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:17:19pm

re: #124 Dianna

No clue. 47 comments, Karma +7. In since 2004?

Does anybody remember reading those comments?

another mole / sockpuppet?

202 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:17:31pm

re: #197 DaddyG

No accounting for taste. // ;-)

HA HA... Good one!

203 Kosh's Shadow  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:18:12pm

re: #195 Nevergiveup

That has nothing to do with Arabs? That was Hilliary threatening Israel.

Here's the quote again:

She can't even threaten Israel herself. "If you don't do what I want my mommy won't support you any more"
"But your mommy won't let me in the house anyway!"

204 DaddyG  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:18:39pm

Someone just misdialed and got my personal cell number.

Appearantly my number is very close to that of someone in the Center for Disease Control. I could have a lot of fun with that.

"Sorry ma'am you mean you didn't get the e-mail. Look just duct tape all of your doors and windows shut and wait patiently for the black van to show up out front. Whatever you do don't panic..."

205 Idle Drifter  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:18:49pm

re: #183 tfc3rid

Executive Producer of Loose Change...

Loose Change is an abomination.

Spits!

206 zombie  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:18:51pm

re: #160 karmic_inquisitor

Zombie -

email at ztime seems to be out again ...

FYI

I just tested it -- works for me!

Though I often fall way behind on answering emails, so if you (or anyone) hasn't heard from me, it's not because the email isn't working, but rather because I haven't found the time to answer the backlog yet.

No -- it's been around for years! I have no idea where the term originated.

207 Nevergiveup  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:19:03pm

re: #200 tfc3rid

No, trust me, they stink. I said preseason they win 78... I stick with it.

I'll bow to your expertise on the subject.

208 Honorary Yooper  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:19:32pm

re: #201 Athos

another mole / sockpuppet?

Possibly. There are days I swear Charles just can't catch a break. Some twit named knuckles dinged him down for banning WV Hillbilly.

209 aRedPhishHead  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:19:34pm

Alex Jones is a whackjob. Listen to this insanity from his radio show.

This is the guy Judge is palling around with now.

Freaking Ron Paul-kooky-right LOON BAT.

As I said before, EPIC FAIL, FOX and Judge.

210 Guanxi88  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:19:38pm

re: #207 Nevergiveup

I'll bow to your expertise on the subject.

You're not bowing, you're shaking hands, and he's a lot shorter, and the camera angle makes it look weird.

211 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:19:44pm

re: #207 Nevergiveup

I'll bow to your expertise on the subject.

No heart... Not aggressive enough. They are playing this season in week 3 as if it's late August... Look dead tired out there...

212 Kragar  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:19:46pm

re: #203 Kosh's Shadow

"But your mommy won't let me in the house anyway!"

Yeah, because the Arab states have been so fucking supportive so far

213 Nevergiveup  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:19:57pm

re: #203 Kosh's Shadow

"But your mommy won't let me in the house anyway!"

I know what it says but trust me that was Obama and Hillary threatening Israel

214 albusteve  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:20:13pm

re: #207 Nevergiveup

I'll bow to your expertise on the subject.

I balk at his expertise

215 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:20:29pm

re: #210 Guanxi88

Love it!

216 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:20:53pm

re: #213 Nevergiveup

I know what it says but trust me that was Obama and Hillary threatening Israel

More like blackmailing Israel.

217 FrogMarch  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:21:16pm

re: #179 Idle Drifter

Doesn't Alex Jones have close ties with the 9-11 Truth Movement?

7,370,000 hits on Google. Including Prison Planet and Info Wars.

In a word, yes.

Alex has taken 9/11 trooferism and injected his own paranoid madness. It's paranoid madness on top of paranoid insanity mixed with political opportunism. and he's probably raking in the dough.

218 zombie  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:21:24pm

re: #170 Charles

Not any more.

Yipes! I suppose it was a troll-in-waiting who had a fizzle of a flame-out.

219 albusteve  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:22:05pm

re: #216 tfc3rid

More like blackmailing Israel.

certainly....and HC is very good at it in most cases

220 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:22:35pm

re: #218 zombie

Yipes! I suppose it was a troll-in-waiting who had a fizzle of a flame-out.

Granted it was updinging any comment I made positively about O'Reilly and The Factor, you never know... Jesse Waters perhaps?

221 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:22:51pm

re: #219 albusteve

certainly....and HC is very good at it in most cases

Well, she HAS murdered before...

222 albusteve  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:24:17pm

re: #221 tfc3rid

Well, she HAS murdered before...

she killed the truth...
in the conservatory
with a pipe

223 Joel  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:25:08pm

If Napolitano is appearing on Alex Jones's radio show, he is representing himself, not Fox News.

3 Killgore Trout

Behold the new conservatism.

hrdly. Napolitano no more represents conservtism then Pat Buchanan does.

224 Rockman  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:25:35pm

I'm really getting tired of "Judge" Napolitano and much else at Fox News.
I think they have jumped the shark and are in danger of becoming a parody of themselves.

225 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:26:14pm

re: #224 Rockman

I'm really getting tired of "Judge" Napolitano and much else at Fox News.

Even if they are, their ratings don't show it... Based on their ratings, it seems people like what they are offering...

226 Joel  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:27:57pm

re: #203 Kosh's Shadow

If we can refer to Israel's government as a 'right-wing' government, is it logical to call Obambi's government a 'left-wing' government )when it is the most left wing in our history?

227 Charles Johnson  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:29:02pm

re: #223 Joel

Maybe you missed it, but Napolitano had Alex Jones on his Fox News show too.

228 Idle Drifter  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:30:27pm

re: #217 FrogMarch

Alex Jones certainly gives swift chase after Michael Moore for incongruous accusations and political opportunism. What's really sad is that they use horrific events and personal trauma to advance their careers. Spewing ever more nonsense that has already done the damage before it can be exposed and refuted.

229 abolitionist  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:30:38pm

re: #101 FrogMarch

Alex actually believes that the folks on the airplanes that day were in on it.

Alex is a fraud, any way you slice him.

This would be the same inside job about which Alex Jones previously promoted the story of Flight 93 having been shot down by the US military. I remember because I left a couple comments here about that nonsense, regrettably.

230 Gang of One  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:31:10pm

re: #218 zombie

Yipes! I suppose it was a troll-in-waiting who had a fizzle of a flame-out.

Zom, some lurker -- calls itself Knuckles -- is also down-dinging you. Wassup with thses kids?

/waiting for same treatment ...

231 gegenkritik  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:31:15pm

re: #136 alegrias
I heard that Ron Paul was a candidate for 2008 Republican nomination.
And I think I would prefer Obama over him. But I am just some with a fitting nicname.

232 Ben Hur  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:31:53pm

re: #190 ArchangelMichael

Killian! Here is Sub-zero...

Now plain zero.

LOL!

Good one.

Saw that for the 10000000th time last week!

233 Joel  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:32:09pm

re: #227 Charles

Maybe you missed it, but Napolitano had Alex Jones on his Fox News show too.

Then Napolitano sucks as does Geraldo Rivera. Brit Hume was the best thing ever on Fox. I always wondered why it is necessary to refer to people who once were judges as "Judge" in perpetuity when they are no longer judges?

234 LGoPs  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:33:16pm

re: #204 DaddyG

Someone just misdialed and got my personal cell number.

I'd be tempted to say something along the lines of...."Mrs Schmedlap....um...er....I thought you'd be dead by now"
/ *just kidding* :)

235 Athos  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:34:52pm

re: #223 Joel

Napolitano no more represents conservtism then Pat Buchanan does.

That line is the reason for the upding. Charles address the part of the comment that needed correction.

There is a huge problem with FNC providing the Judge with the forum to mainstream the cretins that he is working to mainstream. The fact that they try to mask it being 'online only' or 'fair and balanced' reporting is immaterial. It is irresponsible and only provides recognition for the fringe mindset that deserves only to exist on the Fringe.

If I were at FNC, I would re-assign the Judge to an off-air position until his contract with the network expired - then I would escort him from the building. He can exercise his 1st Amendment rights elsewhere....not taint my brand with linkages to the fringe.

236 [deleted]  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:34:58pm
237 Idle Drifter  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:35:26pm

re: #179 Idle Drifter

Oops, that would be Yahoo.

Only 983,000 hits on Google.

238 MJ  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:36:05pm

re: #148 Nevergiveup

[Link: www.haaretz.com...]

Note the name given by Clinton to her address before Congress:

National Security Through Diplomacy

[Link: www.state.gov...]

Once upon time, the lesson of WWII was "Peace through Stength".
This administration is not in pre-911 mindset, it's in a pre-WWI mindset.
Obama isn't Jimmy Carter- he's Woodrow Wilson.

239 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:36:52pm

re: #226 Joel

The questiob eing, is the Israeli 'right-wing' government extreme?

240 SixDegrees  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:37:51pm

re: #225 tfc3rid

Unfortunately, they're tuning in to laugh and gawk at the freak show. Not for the news or analysis, or whatever passes for it now.

241 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:39:09pm

re: #233 Joel

Because technically, he still is a judge... Life-tenured NJ Superior Court judge...

242 Joel  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:39:29pm

re: #235 Athos

I agree that some of people at Fox are deadwood. Napolitano, Rivera, Huckabee, even Hannity is getting boring. I really liked Brit Hume and Bret Baier (as well as Tony Snow when he worked there). I cannot stand it when O'Reilly flirts with the two blonds - Monica Crowley and Margaret Hooveron the Culture Warrior segment and when he wastes our time with "Culture Quiz" with that Steve Doocy doofus and that other blond (also his constant shilling of his books and "Factor Gear"). Still the fact that O'Reilly kicks Olbermann's ass in the ratings means something to me.

243 tfc3rid  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:40:16pm

re: #240 SixDegrees

I would strongly disagree with that...

244 Joel  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:42:09pm

re: #240 SixDegrees

If gawking at a freak show was true then PMSNBC's ratings would be through the roof.

245 yesandno  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:42:13pm

re: #152 karmic_inquisitor

It is the crucible. Out of the fire will emerge the pure.

Bingo. Problem is, no one will alienate even the most perverse. Time for the men to be men, the women to be men......

/ok, maybe that went a little far

246 Joel  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:42:59pm

re: #239 tfc3rid

The questiob eing, is the Israeli 'right-wing' government extreme?

To the MSM, any government to the right of Stalin would be considered 'extreme'.

247 Kenneth  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:43:30pm

Fox has fully jumped the shark. Alex Jones is a rabid nutcase. Nothing good comes from this.

248 SixDegrees  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:45:09pm

re: #244 Joel

I have no doubt they'll be upping the ante shortly.

Pretty soon, Idiocracy is going to look like a documentary instead of a third-rate comedy.

249 Joel  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:47:51pm

re: #248 SixDegrees

Keith Olbermann, Mr. Rachel Maddow, Chwissy Matthews, David Shuster, Ed Schultz - are the biggest freaks I know on cable television news (you can throw in Jack Cafferty of CNN).

250 Ward Cleaver  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:48:46pm

re: #119 zombie

Senator Robert KKK. Bird?

251 Ward Cleaver  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:50:11pm

re: #247 Kenneth

"Prison Planet"? Jones should be locked up (in a padded cell), and have a hose turned on him.

252 Kenneth  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:52:25pm

Zombie,

On an earlier thread today, Charles said that he was going to delete the accounts of anybody going around down-dinging everything and never posting anything of their own. This clown sounds like a prime candidate. Let the boss know and can send Stinky out with his Stick.

253 Joel  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:54:02pm

I should ad Shepard Smith and Carl Cameron of Fox along with Napolitano, and the rest as being some of the biggest freaks on cable television

254 funky chicken  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:54:12pm

Has Michelle Malkin said anything about this Fox News person's friendship with the lunatic who stalked and harassed her at the RNC?

255 SecondComing  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:56:04pm

Is there a site out there that thoroughly debunks 9/11 truthers? There needs to be a collaborative project to combat this nuttiness.

256 SixDegrees  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:56:40pm

re: #249 Joel

Fox is giving them a serious run for their money, then.

257 Kenneth  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:57:05pm

re: #255 SecondComing

Screw Loose Change is a pretty good debunker.

258 funky chicken  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:57:37pm

re: #249 Joel

And Fox seems determined to become the flip side of their coin. I honestly don't get it, because MSNBC ratings are diving into the toilet. What makes the folks at Fox think it would be lucrative to become the lunatic right wing news channel to counter MSNBC's lunatic left wing channel?

259 Joel  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:58:21pm

re: #256 SixDegrees

MSNBC is so far ahead that Fox could never catch up to them for lunacy or extremism. Just my opinion. Besides I love to look at Julie Banderas even if she reads the phone book.

260 funky chicken  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 12:58:49pm

re: #255 SecondComing

Popular Mechanics magazine has done a ton of work on that, and has the information available online also. I subscribed to them for a couple of years after that as a way to thank them, even though most of the magazine wasn't of much interest to me.

261 SixDegrees  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 1:00:47pm

re: #255 SecondComing

Popular Mechanics did an exhaustive debunking of all of the troofer mythology a couple of years ago. Last time I looked, it was still prominently featured on their website. Great reference. Let's see...

Sho 'nuff - Start here.

262 Joel  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 1:00:56pm

re: #258 funky chicken

I don't think that Fox is a lunatic channel. There are plenty of liberals on Fox, far more then there are conservatives at MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC combined.

263 Querent  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 1:02:15pm

the phantom updinger strikes again! (cupcakes for everyone!)

264 SixDegrees  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 1:03:51pm

re: #258 funky chicken

Fox has already snagged the entire right-wing market; there's no more growth to be had there.

So they're going for the Wolf Boy, Lizard Man and Bearded Woman approach. Their ratings boost isn't coming from the right - they already had that market all to themselves. It's coming from the gawkers.

Their current programming, in fact, makes a mockery of the right and the conservative movement. Fox is mainstreaming the lunatic fringe.

265 Charles Johnson  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 1:04:01pm

re: #223 Joel

hrdly. Napolitano no more represents conservtism then Pat Buchanan does.

Napolitano is a daily guest on Fox News. He has his own online show on Fox News. He's often called "a great American" by Sean Hannity, and he is always asked to comment from the conservative viewpoint. At what point does he start to "represent" conservatism?

Pat Buchanan has a regular column that appears on the conservative site Townhall.com. He's also published regularly in other so-called conservative journals such as WorldNetDaily. He represents the conservative side when he appears on MSNBC. He appears on several Fox News shows, including Sean Hannity's show, and Hannity calls him "a great American" too. There is more than one conservative blogger out there who defends Buchanan.

At what point does Pat Buchanan start to "represent conservatism?"

266 SecondComing  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 1:04:53pm

re: #257 Kenneth

Screw Loose Change is a pretty good debunker.

Thanks!

267 ladycatnip  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 1:05:40pm

Sheesh. I couldn't get past about 60 seconds of his gravely voice. Clear your throat, man!

Also stunned that Napolitano is turning out to be such a wacko. I used to see him on Hannity or O'Reilly and never thought he said anything outrageous. What's happening to the GOP or the conservative party? It's falling apart.

Please tell me Michele Malkin isn't in with these people.

268 Slumbering Behemoth Stinks  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 1:07:09pm

re: #101 FrogMarch

Alex actually believes that the folks on the airplanes that day were in on it.

Alex is a fraud, any way you slice him.

To be accurate, Jones has never shifted one way or the other. He has never been far left or far right, just always far beyond nuts, and he spews conspiracy on any admin. in the White House regardless of party.

Do you remember any of the crazy, CDS conspiracy theories from the '90s? Every single one of them was either started by, or promoted, by Alex Jones.

This country could elect a gay, atheist, libertarian pot smoker as POTUS in '12, and Jones would still be plying his disgusting trade.

269 Kenneth  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 1:08:21pm

Screw Loose Change has a good post up on the Alex Jones film that was being advertised on both Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck's radio programs. Charles ran a thread on this topic a few days ago.

Now we get to the man that Jones is selling as his Obama expert: Webster Tarpley. Tarpley is a former Lyndon LaRouche follower; he was LaRouche's main man in Europe for decades, before being purged with the rest of the Baby Boomers in the late 1990s as LaRouche focused his hucksterism on Generation X.

I love the bit about 6:10 in regarding the end of "Posse Commentatus"; that's been a staple of kooks since forever, but most of them pronounce it right.

And indeed, much of the film could have been done by the LaRouche people; LaRouche often railed about the Trilateral Commission and the Council on Foreign Relations, two organizatons that along with the Bilderbergers get prominent play in the movie. Tarpley is also the usual cited source for the idiotic leftist claim that Prescott Bush was the banker to the Nazis, a ridiculous misreading of the actual facts.

270 Joel  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 1:10:56pm

re: #265 Charles

Hannity has turned into an ass. Buchanan has written himself out of the Republican Party and in fact hates Republicans (that is why he is a semi regular on MSNBC, and the Bush family - to say nothing about his antipathy towards 'neocons', 'the war party', Jews, Israel as well as his praise for Putin's aggression against Georgia last year). His so called magazine "The American Conservative" frankly reads like The Nation magazine (outside of TAC's hostility towards immigration and its anti abortion positions). I would not hire Napolitano, Shepard Smith, Huckabee or Geraldo because they ad nothing of interest in their shows and frankly are not very bright (although Huckabee is a good quipster). Beck is another one whose shtick will probably wear out, I preferred John Gibson and Heather Nauert when they had the 5:00 PM slot. I watch Fox only because the thought of MSNBC can make me literally sick and Janeane Garafalo's antics last week sealed it for me (along with Shuster she had fun with the word 'teabag').

271 SecondComing  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 1:12:42pm

re: #261 SixDegrees

Sho 'nuff - Start here.

Thanks, even though PM is in on it! /sarc

272 Kenneth  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 1:13:58pm

An Accused Cop Killer's Politics
Richard Poplawski's online trail leads neither far right nor far left. It's just confused.

His online record included Alex Jones and Stormfront.

Birds of a feather.

273 Neutral President  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 1:14:50pm

re: #255 SecondComing

All of the above like Screw Loose Change and the Popular Mechanics articles are excellent. There is also the Loose Change Viewers Guide which goes though the whole movie (almost frame by frame) and debunks everything. There is practically a lie or exaggeration in every spoken sentence or every bit of text that appears on screen.

274 Joel  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 1:16:41pm

Charles
World Net Daily is another kooky unreliable site that is allegedly conservative but I never gave that much credence. I mean it has Aaron Klein who is their correspondent in Israel who is a plagiarizer and whom I have had a running email battle with over his self promotion and his taking everything Hamas says at face value. WND is as reliable as DEBKA File (not very).

By the way cry baby liberal Bill Press (formerly of CNN and now on Fox) is also a columnist at WND as well as whiny nasally liberal Ellen Ratner (also on or was on - Fox).

275 Land Shark  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 1:21:02pm

It's due to crap like this I don't watch Fox News. It's no wonder this country is off it's fucking rocker and elected as blithering idiot like Obama as President. We got CNN, MSNBC, ABC, etc. on the Left, and the increasingly nuttier by the day Fox on the Right. Idiots to the Left of me, morons to the Right.

Thank God (and Al Gore) for the Internet, can you believe how clueless and truly ignorant we'd be without it? And even the 'Net has more than it's share of lunatics, at least it has reasonable people like Charles and others as well. Holy Smokes!

276 SecondComing  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 1:36:02pm

re: #273 ArchangelMichael

Thanks! I would upding you more if I could.

277 Slumbering Behemoth Stinks  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 1:52:44pm

re: #276 SecondComing

And if you looking for a humorous (albeit with a bit of salty language) debunking of 9/11 trooferism, check this out. [NSFW]

Also, a conspiracy spoof from the same source. Funny, but still the language warning. [NSFW]

278 drogheda  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 2:08:36pm

re: #277 Slumbering Behemoth

Interestingly enough your link there also mentions Glen Beck.

279 ladycatnip  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 2:23:13pm

#277 Slumbering Behemoth

What a great link!

Loved the hidden message in the folded bills. I'm getting a $20 right now and will start folding...wait a minute, who has this kind of time on their hands? The last message in the hundred dollar bill was a hoot.

280 SeafoodGumbo  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 2:23:32pm

re: #254 funky chicken

No kidding. Watch the video of Alex Jones stalking Malkin or still photos of his sputtering rage while stalking Malkin. In the video, you can hear Alex Jones' jackals shouting "Kill Michelle Malkin."

I can't believe they let Jones on Fox after the way he treated someone (Malkin) who works there like that.

281 wiffersnapper  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 2:29:47pm

Alex Jones is the worst kind of human being to be having a radio show. I'd rather watch LOLbermann than his show.

282 Joel  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 2:59:38pm

re: #99 Killgore Trout

Admit it, you voted for the leftist idiot Obama anyway.

283 Joel  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 3:16:54pm

After listening to the tape I have got to admit that Alex ones is a vile puss bag and should be shunned by all decent human beings. But then again I knew he was an asshole when I saw him on The History Channel's programs about 9/11 myths.

284 Zimriel  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 4:59:41pm

re: #135 DaddyG

I've taken to calling them dinger-berries

285 suntory_boss  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 5:51:22pm

I listen to the Judge on foxnewsradio, and he doesn't sound at all extreme on that show. He actually seems like a voice of reason compared to arch conservative Brian Kilmead. Is it an act?

286 brandon13  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 5:59:32pm

re: #17 Athos

Judge Nap - Alex Jones - Lew Rockwell - Ron Paul: - Still stuck on stupid.

They are just as bad as MSNBC now. It's pathetic.

CNN obviously leans to the left but at least they actually make some sort of attempt at keeping the crazies out.

287 brandon13  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 6:03:00pm

re: #285 suntory_boss

Is it possible that Fox pushed him to be on Alex Jones?

288 leftover54  Thu, Apr 23, 2009 10:17:03pm

re: #16 Lawrence Schmerel

When there is nowhere to turn, you turn it off.

And that's what I decided to do 3 months ago. I feel much better for it. I come up to take a peek here and there - from this perspective its scary how 'out there' things have got since I last took a good look around. Now, back to my comfy little hole in the sand. Let me know when the lights need to be turned off, I don't mind being 'last one out'.

*I really don't know how y'all do it anymore.

Federal Judge in Texas Rules Against Obamacare “The court finds the individual mandate can no longer be fairly read as an exercise of Congress’s tax power and is still impermissible under the interstate commerce clause ― meaning the individual mandate is unconstitutional…. [T]he court finds the ...
50 minutes ago
Brexit Latest: I’m confused… What Just Happened? This week, 650 members of the UK parliament were supposed to vote on the deal Theresa May struck with EU members on how exactly the UK should leave the EU. Instead, 317 Conservatives had a vote of no confidence ...
1 hour, 19 minutes ago
Day After Neo-Nazi Is Convicted of Murder, Associates of a Violent Skinhead Group Charged With Hate Crimes Travis David Condor, a member of the band Birthrite and head of hate-music record label American Defense Records, was among nine people arrested at a bar in Lynwood, Washington, early Saturday morning. The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office said in ...
Embattled Washington Rep. Matt Shea Is Skirting State Law to Funnel Campaign Funds to Far-Right Groups Shea uses his office and campaign funds to spearhead a partitionist effort to split Washington into two states, and may have violated state laws by using surplus campaign funds to make at least $5,500 in contributions to far-right nonprofit ...
The Outer Worlds - Official Announcement Trailer Watch the official announcement trailer for The Outer Worlds, a new single-player first-person sci-fi RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division. In The Outer Worlds, you awake from hibernation on a colonist ship that was lost in transit to ...
The Umbrella Academy When it rains, it pours. Here's your first look at The Umbrella Academy. Coming to Netflix February 15. A dysfunctional family of superheroes comes together to solve the mystery of their father's death, the threat of the apocalypse and ...
Elvis Costello & the Imposters - Suspect My Tears The new deluxe album ‘Look Now’ out now, order here: elviscostello.lnk.to Explore more music from Elvis Costello: lnk.to Follow Elvis Costello:Facebook: facebook.comInstagram: instagram.comTwitter: twitter.comWebsite: elviscostello.com Director & Original Story - MustashrikExecutive Production - Whitney JacksonProduced by Partizan VFX Supervisor ...
VULFPECK /// Half of the Way (Feat. Theo Katzman) VULFPECK /// Half of the Waybuy on bandcamp → vuuulf.com Theo Katzman — vocalsLarry Goldings — piano, composerRyan Lerman — guitar, composer, engineerJoey Dosik — saxWoody Goss — tambourineJack Stratton — drums, mixingJoe Dart — fender bassCory Wong — ...
Storyhill - Blazing Out of Sight (Live at Radio Heartland)Storyhill perform "Blazing Out of Sight," from their 2007 self-titled album as well from the 2018 compilation, "Stages," live at Radio Heartland.
How Smooth Jazz Took Over the ’90s You should give smooth jazz a chance. Subscribe to our channel! goo.gl Smooth jazz has gotten a bad rap for decades. It’s often associated with background music for elevators or the soundtrack at the dentist office. Smooth jazz is ...
1 week ago