Pat Buchanan: It’s All About the White Men
Here’s Pat Buchanan, ranting about Sonia Sotomayor and making conservatives look wonderful again, in that special way he has.
Maddow: Why do you think it is that of the 110 Supreme Court Justices we’ve had in this country, 108 of them have been white?
Buchanan: Well, I think white men were 100% of the people who wrote the Constitution, 100% of the people who signed the Declaration of Independence, 100% of the people who died at Gettysburg and Vicksburg, probably close to 100% of the people who died at Normandy. This has been a country built, basically, by white folks in this country, who were 90% of the entire nation in 1960, when I was growing up, Rachel. And the other 10% were African Americans who had been discriminated against. That’s why.