1 abolitionist  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 12:52:43pm

Is he still out there?

2 darthstar  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 12:55:01pm

He was in fourth place until he crashed in the cobblestones the other day…that dropped him to 18th. So yeah, he’s done. He should finish the race though.

3 Mostly sane, most of the time.  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 12:55:57pm

Nobody is immortal, even the genetically gifted.

4 abolitionist  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 12:55:59pm

Beat cancer didn’t he? Someone said, Don’t sweat the small stuff.

5 Velvet Elvis  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 12:56:02pm

I almost made a joke blaming it on his missing testicle but decided it was balls.

6 wrenchwench  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 12:56:57pm

Oooh, it IS still a bicycle blog! You got quoted!

7 wrenchwench  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 12:57:40pm

re: #6 wrenchwench

Oooh, it IS still a bicycle blog! You got quoted!

And linked!

8 brookly red  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 12:57:50pm

the only thing worse than getting older is not…

9 Mostly sane, most of the time.  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 12:59:59pm

Okay, time to stop goofing off and do what Lance would do—get to work.

10 brookly red  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:02:49pm

re: #2 darthstar

I don’t understand how these guys get up & keep going after that… I have seen a few bicycle mishaps and those folks did not walk let alone ride away.

11 Mad Al-Jaffee  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:04:37pm

Since this is a cyclinb thread - I currently ride a hybrid and I’m thinking of upgrading to a road bike. I test rode a couple recently and liked them. But I think what I might really want is a high performance hybrid - I guess that’s a hybrid with thinner tires and a lighter frame.

Anyone have any experience with this type of hybrid?

12 abolitionist  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:05:40pm

Heatwave Grips Europe
Germany Swelters Amid Soaring Temperatures

Likely affected the racers, perhaps unequally by age.

13 Charles Johnson  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:06:37pm

Tomorrow’s stage is a beast. If Lance hasn’t recovered, it could be curtains for him.

14 Walter L. Newton  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:20:46pm

And on a another biking topic…

Blackhawk Colorado outlaws riding bikes on it’s city streets…

[Link: forums.roadbikereview.com…]

This is my input on this. Colorado law requires you to give 3 feet to bikers on any access. Blackhawk is a small mountain town with 19 casinos… bumper to bumper traffic and a 24 hour a day phalanx of chartered buses bringing people up from outlying communities. and hilly streets as small as anything you would see in Paris. The town also is a “crossroads” between some county routes that are very popular with mountain bikers… ego, the problem.

Even the predestrian crossings are few and far between, and heavy fines are handed out fro anyone caught scooting across busy streets. Considering the safety aspects of this situation, Blackhawk did right.

15 Walter L. Newton  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:21:32pm

re: #14 Walter L. Newton

And on a another biking topic…

Blackhawk Colorado outlaws riding bikes on it’s city streets…

[Link: forums.roadbikereview.com…]

Well, maybe “ego” the problem is correct, but I meant “ergo.” :)

16 HoosierHoops  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:23:49pm

re: #13 Charles

I’m really surprised Lance is running the Tour De France this year…
Age in Sports cannot be overcome.. Athletes are so Competitive that they often go one or two years too long in Competition..
It’s built into their DNA…Win Win Win!

17 wrenchwench  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:25:12pm

re: #11 Mad Al-Jaffee

Anyone have any experience with this type of hybrid?

I’m guessing the difference is the handlebar—a flat bar on the “high-performance hybrid” and drop bars on the road bike.. If that’s the case, you may find the flat bar more comfortable than the drops, but the trade-off is aerodynamics, meaning you work harder in a more upright position. Also, the drops give you more hand positions, which means more comfort on longer rides. All designs are compromises. An incredible variety of options is being produced. There are some bikes with drop bars mounted high enough that you’d be more upright than on the hybrid.

18 _RememberTonyC  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:27:20pm

Rick Reilly wrote a piece on ESPN.com saying that Lance should be given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his alleged use of performance enhancing drugs. Some very well informed people I know say that is a load of BS, and that Lance could have not won seven in a row without using PEDs. Any cycling experts out there care to check in with a thought on this?

19 lawhawk  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:29:09pm

re: #8 brookly red

Speak for yourself. /Dorian Gray

20 Ericus58  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:29:19pm

re: #18 _RememberTonyC

What are ya, French?!?!

21 _RememberTonyC  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:30:36pm

re: #20 Ericus58

What are ya, French?!?!

huh? what? them’s fighting words mon ami!

(Lance’s former teammate Floyd Landis is the main accuser)

22 Nimed  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:30:54pm

re: #16 HoosierHoops

I’m really surprised Lance is running the Tour De France this year…
It’s built into their DNA…Win Win Win!

Yeah. And cycling is one of the kindest sports to age. No 38 year-olds at this level in tennis.

23 HoosierHoops  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:30:59pm

re: #18 _RememberTonyC

I like Rick..Good Writer…Maybe I should email him and ask him how many drug tests Lance flunked…Cause he has never flunked any..And believe me.. The French would have done almost anything to see him Flunk a test.

24 Mad Al-Jaffee  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:32:20pm

re: #17 wrenchwench

I’m used to flat handlebars, and sitting more upright. But I like the speed and light weight of a road bike. I’ll keep looking and trying what’s available. And I might wait until next year to upgrade.

25 Ericus58  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:32:22pm

I’m going with the pro-Lance group.
I watched a repeat of one of the stages from 2001. He was a monster, overtaking the guy who had lead right up to the last 5K of the stage. He finished 1:58 ahead of the previous year’s winner - some German guy who at the time of his victory the pundits had said would rule the sport for many years.

He is still an Ironman imo.

26 _RememberTonyC  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:32:36pm

re: #23 HoosierHoops

Hoopster …. Reilly DEFENDED Lance and duly noted his clean record on passing drug tests

27 Bear  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:33:58pm

Never had a bike as a boy so would not know how to ride one now without getting injured. However wish I knew how to ride one as it should be good exercise. But just too long in the tooth to try now.

28 Ericus58  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:34:15pm

re: #21 _RememberTonyC

huh? what? them’s fighting words mon ami!

(Lance’s former teammate Floyd Landis is the main accuser)

ahhh - Mon Ami. Great place to have a nice dinner at the Paris in Vegas, across from the Bellagio and the fountain.

what’s Floyd up to these days?

29 HoosierHoops  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:36:38pm

re: #26 _RememberTonyC

Hoopster … Reilly DEFENDED Lance and duly noted his clean record on passing drug tests

LOL I totally read that wrong Bro…
I always liked Rick…
/Speed reading is not working well for me today

30 _RememberTonyC  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:37:01pm

re: #28 Ericus58

what’s Floyd up to these days?

I think “pariah” describes his current status

[Link: www.nydailynews.com…]

31 Mad Al-Jaffee  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:37:39pm

re: #23 HoosierHoops

Then there’s the old joke that he tested positive for substances that are illegal in France - soap and deoderant.

32 _RememberTonyC  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:37:47pm

re: #29 HoosierHoops

LOL I totally read that wrong Bro…
I always liked Rick…
/Speed reading is not working well for me today

you ain’t alone, dude

33 wrenchwench  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:39:08pm

re: #18 _RememberTonyC

I’m not an expert, but I’ve been following Lance since he told Katie Couric he had cancer. After years of defending him, I’ve become agnostic, the kind that wants to believe.

If Lance is caught cheating, though, it won’t be from anything Fink Floyd* said. He has no credibility.

*credit for that goes to Mr. w.

34 Ericus58  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:39:16pm

re: #30 _RememberTonyC

I think “pariah” describes his current status

[Link: www.nydailynews.com…]

It’s too bad, actually. I wish him well.

35 _RememberTonyC  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:40:38pm

re: #33 wrenchwench

*credit for that goes to Mr. w.

I’m kinda on the same page as you. I really WANT to believe in Lance.

36 Charles Johnson  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:41:37pm

re: #18 _RememberTonyC

Anyone who has any experience at all with cycling knows that drugs are everywhere in the sport. In that context, it would not surprise me in the least if at some point, Armstrong is found to have used blood-boosting techniques.

However, it has to be pointed out that he’s also probably the most-tested athlete in the history of cycling and he’s never failed a test.

37 Ericus58  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:41:46pm

Hey Charles,
Are you still riding? I remember you posting pics of your bike before - cool ones like the gears and such. I actually miss some of your open threads that had pics of the ocean/landscape and such.

38 _RememberTonyC  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:42:01pm

re: #34 Ericus58

It’s too bad, actually. I wish him well.

He still is the third most important “Floyd” of all time.

1. Floyd the Barber
2. Pink Floyd
3. Floyd Landis

39 darthstar  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:42:26pm

re: #36 Charles

Yep, apparently, every time he was given a test he whizzed right through it.

40 HoosierHoops  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:42:50pm

re: #33 wrenchwench

*credit for that goes to Mr. w.

Floyd has been a liar from day one..
Hell I remember reading stories about him in SI way back..He was a good boy raised by Amish parents and what a good boy he was. I was rooting for him cause of his story…Boy what a cheater

41 Charles Johnson  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:43:00pm

re: #37 Ericus58

Lot less time for riding these days, but I’m beginning to get back into it a bit more seriously.

42 Varek Raith  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:43:09pm

Good grief.
What was with the revisionists in the Neo-Confederate thread yesterday?
Did they signal each other with powerful search lights?
Sheesh.
Hi!

43 Walter L. Newton  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:44:04pm

re: #42 Varek Raith

Good grief.
What was with the revisionists in the Neo-Confederate thread yesterday?
Did they signal each other with powerful search lights?
Sheesh.
Hi!

I only saw racist in that thread?

44 Ericus58  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:44:24pm

re: #41 Charles

Good to hear!
I hope your time becomes more open to enjoy it.

45 _RememberTonyC  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:44:27pm

re: #36 Charles

I have heard similar things. Blood boosting (some call it blood doping) isn’t technically drug use, but it is not permitted. But if Lance was doing it, you can be sure others were as well.

46 Varek Raith  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:45:37pm

re: #43 Walter L. Newton

I only saw racist in that thread?

One was.
The other two were just grossly misinformed on the Civil War.

47 Mad Al-Jaffee  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:46:46pm

If it’s not raining tonight (no windows in my office) I’m going to ride about ten-fifteen miles tonight when I get home. Leaving now!

48 HoosierHoops  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:47:29pm

re: #47 Mad Al-Jaffee

You go boy!

49 Walter L. Newton  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:48:06pm

re: #46 Varek Raith

One was.
The other two were just grossly misinformed on the Civil War.

I will change my statement… one racist, two grossly misinformed racists. That’s my point.

50 Varek Raith  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:49:10pm

re: #49 Walter L. Newton

Oh, sorry.
I completely misread your post.
D’oh.

51 brownbagj  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:49:46pm

re: #46 Varek Raith

One was.
The other two were just grossly willfully misinformed on the Civil War.

FTFY. I guess they could be misinformed due to how little is truly known abou the war.

// Oh, and just in case…/////

52 brookly red  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:49:50pm

re: #49 Walter L. Newton

there is a joke in there about well informed racists somewhere just out of reach…

53 Varek Raith  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:51:22pm

Sigh.
I really shouldn’t post after just waking up.
I always make a fool of myself!

54 Walter L. Newton  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:52:01pm

re: #53 Varek Raith

Sigh.
I really shouldn’t post after just waking up.
I always make a fool of myself!

YOU’RE JUST GETTING UP… what are you… some sort of lefty or something :)

55 Varek Raith  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:52:39pm

re: #54 Walter L. Newton

YOU’RE JUST GETTING UP… what are you… some sort of lefty or something :)

Lol.
My sleep cycle is reversed.

56 brookly red  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:53:48pm

re: #55 Varek Raith

Lol.
My sleep cycle is reversed.

peddle the other way.

57 Kragar  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:53:53pm

re: #55 Varek Raith

Lol.
My sleep cycle is reversed.

Damn Xenos.

58 HoosierHoops  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:54:20pm

re: #55 Varek Raith

Lol.
My sleep cycle is reversed.

LOL
You are cool…But when your sleep cycle in reversed.. Do you dream backwards?

59 Varek Raith  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:54:53pm

re: #57 Kragar (Proud to be Kafir)

Damn Xenos.

That.
Or the overnight stocking shift I used to work at Target….
Heh.

60 Walter L. Newton  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:55:23pm

re: #55 Varek Raith

Lol.
My sleep cycle is reversed.

I was joking of course (er… for most people, if anyone took that personally, well…) I just got up from a nap too. On days I work, which are usually Fridays through Mondays, my no seniority gets me the afternoon/evening shift most of the time, so, I’m up early, but usually take a couple hours nap before my shift.

61 b_sharp  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:55:24pm

No matter how poorly Lance does this time out, he can still peddle a bicycle uphill faster than I can downhill.

He’s one admirable person.

62 b_sharp  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:56:42pm

re: #60 Walter L. Newton

The power nap is a damn fine invention.

63 Varek Raith  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:57:46pm

re: #60 Walter L. Newton

I can imagine.
The worst shift, for me, at Target was the 4am one. The damn overnight people always left us a mess to clean up.

64 Kragar  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:57:59pm

re: #59 Varek Raith

That.
Or the overnight stocking shift I used to work at Target…
Heh.

For about 3 years, I worked a 6pm to 6am shift. That was a killer.

65 darthstar  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:58:45pm

re: #62 b_sharp

The power nap is a damn fine invention.

Meeting time for me right now…but damn, a nap sounds like a much better use of my time.

66 lostlakehiker  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:59:47pm

re: #10 brookly red

I crashed a year or so ago and got back up and completed my ride. But I was limping for months afterward. You can put pain in a box on the side and ride. Just, not as fast.

67 brookly red  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 1:59:56pm

re: #64 Kragar (Proud to be Kafir)

For about 3 years, I worked a 6pm to 6am shift. That was a killer.

I once did a 2 am to 10 am in midtown… apparently so many people work that shift that were bars that had happy hour as 10 am.

68 Walter L. Newton  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:00:13pm

re: #59 Varek Raith

That.
Or the overnight stocking shift I used to work at Target…
Heh.

Does Target do things like “engineered labor staffing,” have most of the night crew as part timers, and petering in at different hours during the night, depending on what they know the stocking requirements are going to be?

Kroger uses some silly software to staff everything. And the software doesn’t take into consideration growth in the community, special events that may make the store busier, weather, which up here effects both locals and the large vacation trade… all factors that can’t be programed into the computer staffing software.

Yet, we can go into a Friday evening, after 8:00pm, with two checkers, one at self scan, one at a register, just because some software said last year at this time you had “x” amount of customers, and sold “x” amout of items and so on and so on.

Tell that to the computer when there are 12 people in line, and every one of the six self scan stations are busy at 10:30pm.

69 Shiplord Kirel  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:00:39pm

re: #42 Varek Raith

Good grief.
What was with the revisionists in the Neo-Confederate thread yesterday?
Did they signal each other with powerful search lights?
Sheesh.
Hi!

They seem to have come swarming out of their churches and taverns with a vengeance since 11-04-08. They’ve even invaded Union territory with the help of neo-Copperheads like Michelle Bachmann.
The timing is suspicious.

70 Ericus58  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:01:44pm

re: #68 Walter L. Newton

“Welcome to Skynet. How may I help you?”

71 wrenchwench  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:02:25pm

re: #61 b_sharp

He’s one admirable person.

He may be finished as far as the Tour de France is concerned, but he’s just getting started on everything else. The cancer work has gotten him more fans than cycling ever did, and he’s a financial empire. He may be done pedaling bikes, but he has yet to start peddling bikes. I predict an “Armstrong” line of bikes, probably from Trek.

72 Walter L. Newton  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:02:44pm

re: #70 Ericus58

“Welcome to Skynet. How may I help you?”

What’s Skynet? I’m not aware of the reference.

73 HoosierHoops  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:03:03pm

re: #61 b_sharp

He’s one admirable person.

True Dat.. But somebody please hack his cell phone and get me Ms. Crow’s Cell number. Please?
Hello? Who is this?
A friend of a Friend..
What Friend?
ummm..Lance?
Oh..How is he doing?
Pretty Good..Wanna get together over drinks and music and talk about it?
I have the FBI on Speed dial..
I take that as a no?

74 lostlakehiker  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:03:35pm

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Lance proves to have never cheated. His extraordinary performance is analogous to that of Secretariat. Who never cheated.

People, and horses, are not all born with the same athletic potential. Extreme outliers can do things no others can do, and do them without cheating.

What we’re seeing now is just the reality of Time. No one can stay young forever.

75 Ericus58  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:03:52pm

re: #71 wrenchwench

Trek was the bike he was riding on the rerun of the 2001 race I was watching last night. Riding for the US Postal Service.

76 Ericus58  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:04:52pm

re: #72 Walter L. Newton

What’s Skynet? I’m not aware of the reference.

ah…. Terminator movie? Self-aware program that destroyed humans?

/I fail

77 wrenchwench  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:05:27pm

re: #75 Ericus58

He goes way back with Trek. They are one of the sponsors that stood by him when it looked like he was going to die.

78 lostlakehiker  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:05:54pm

re: #5 Conservative Moonbat

Ow, my ball.

79 brookly red  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:05:56pm

re: #76 Ericus58

ah… Terminator movie? Self-aware program that destroyed humans?

/I fail

I prefer, “I’m sorry Dave, I can’t do that right now…”

80 Walter L. Newton  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:07:23pm

re: #76 Ericus58

ah… Terminator movie? Self-aware program that destroyed humans?

/I fail

Got it… I don’t think I saw that movie… at least not sober.

81 Ericus58  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:07:44pm

re: #79 brookly red

I prefer, “I’m sorry Dave, I can’t do that right now…”

“Daisy, Daisy. How does your garden grow…..”

82 webevintage  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:08:35pm

re: #68 Walter L. Newton

The retail Satan does and it is one fucked up mess…

83 brookly red  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:08:48pm

re: #81 Ericus58

“Daisy, Daisy. How does your garden grow…”

Damn your right it is after 5:00! thanks for reminding me… now where is my bottle opener?

84 Ericus58  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:08:52pm

re: #80 Walter L. Newton

Got it… I don’t think I saw that movie… at least not sober.

We’re supposed to watch movies sober?! Why wasn’t I told of this before?!

85 brookly red  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:09:44pm

re: #84 Ericus58

We’re supposed to watch movies sober?! Why wasn’t I told of this before?!

you were…

86 Nimed  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:10:59pm

re: #79 brookly red

I prefer, “I’m sorry Dave, I can’t do that right now…”

If we have to go, we might as well make it a pleasant experience. I these ones to terminate me.

Image: bgsgall12.jpg

87 webevintage  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:11:00pm

I want to get into the PAC business…lots of travel and stuff cash going out with hardly any given to actual candidates:
SarahPAC Handing Out Princely Sums To Everyone (Except Nikki Haley)
[Link: wonkette.com…]

We should start a LGF Anti-Idiot PAC…

88 Killgore Trout  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:12:13pm

I was going to make a page out of this but I’m not sure I want to stick my neck out on this one: Instapundit sez…..

RUSSELL NIELL: How Diversity Punishes Asians, Poor Whites and Lots of Others.

Posted at 2:45 pm by Glenn Reynolds

The general vibe of the article is that diversity programs favor blacks only and Hispanics, Asians and Whites pay the price. Instapundit misspells the name of the author, Russell K. Nieli, who also wrote Contemporary Voices of White Nationalism in America. That would normally set off huge alarms bells. To complicate matters his coauthor is Carol M. Swain, a black woman who David Duke praises for her fair treatment of White Nationalists.
Can anyone sort this one out? It makes my head hurt.

89 Shiplord Kirel  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:14:06pm

re: #88 Killgore Trout

Can anyone sort this one out? It makes my head hurt.

This is the age of Zombie politics. The corpse of the Confederacy, killed and buried 145 years ago, has risen from the grave to threaten us again.

90 wrenchwench  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:14:41pm

re: #88 Killgore Trout

Can anyone sort this one out? It makes my head hurt.

That’s my cue to go work on bicycles.

91 Walter L. Newton  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:14:52pm

re: #82 webevintage

The retail Satan does and it is one fucked up mess…

I imagine most of the large retail stores all have some sort of automated staffing software designed for their business model.

Which is fine in a lot of areas, but in other ways, it’s a mess. On one end, you have the software spitting out needed hours, to be filled by employees. On the other hand, you have a corporate model that says “cut down on costs” so you have a lot of part timers and other ranks of employees who are just on the edge of some classification or another, none of these “fancy” classifications is near “full time.” And on the third hand, you have the union (in many stores) who are trying to squirrel the best they can get for their union members…

It’s a sick trinity of forces that are working against each other, and against old fashion solid business models. And, I’ve been keeping up with some of the trade pages on the internet, it’s not really working. Oh, it’s keeping the doors open, barely. Oh, it’s serving the customers, barely… and yes, the employees have jobs, and many are happy with them… but barely… and it doesn’t take much of anything to upset this apple cart.

Not my idea of how to run a business.

92 webevintage  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:18:22pm

re: #91 Walter L. Newton

Not my idea of how to run a business.

No one seems to remember how important employee morale is. Happy employees are just better employees.

93 WINDUPBIRD DISEASE [S.K.U.M.M.]  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:20:05pm

re: #22 Nimed

CURLING!

94 brookly red  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:20:39pm

re: #92 webevintage

those day are gone now it’s shutup & be thankful you have a job.

95 Killgore Trout  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:21:23pm

re: #89 Shiplord Kirel

Could be. With academics it gets complicated. Sometimes these issues are explored with a distant scientific objectivity. However, he clearly advocates against diversity programs and wrote a somewhat sympathetic book about White Nationalism. It’s a tough call but I suspect he’s a racist douchebag.

96 brookly red  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:23:32pm

re: #89 Shiplord Kirel

there is a screen play in there… Maybe the Mummy 3? “the Return of Lee”?

97 Varek Raith  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:23:41pm

re: #68 Walter L. Newton

Yep. Target uses a very similar system.

98 HoosierHoops  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:24:19pm

re: #87 webevintage

SarahPAC Handing Out Princely Sums To Everyone (Except Nikki Haley)
[Link: wonkette.com…]

We should start a LGF Anti-Idiot PAC…

Good Idea..I just haven’t figured out who in Politics we would send the money to…
My Kingdom for an Anti Idiot Pol!

99 Bagua  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:24:38pm

Good morning Lizardim!

100 Varek Raith  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:25:14pm

re: #76 Ericus58

ah… Terminator movie? Self-aware program that destroyed humans?

/I fail

SHODAN>Skynet.
;)

101 Walter L. Newton  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:25:28pm

re: #92 webevintage

No kidding. That’s what I see most lacking in this supermarket. There is absolutely no time for interaction, for sharing ideas, sharing concerns, for sharing problems.

There are no meetings, you read and sign memos (which you instantly become totally responsible for) on the fly, between checkouts, I even know people who call their managers AT HOME, because the daily schedule offers no time to talk to a manager about anything, good, bad or indifferent.

I happy there most of the time, but that is because I’m looking at this whole experience, my shifts there, almost as a performance. I ma preforming for the customers, and trying to make their checkout time fast, easy and enjoyable. I kevetch with them, offer friendly advice… cut up… I have fun, so they have fun, and all the while I am giving them really good service.

I don’t think this is wisdom on my part. I think it’s smugness on my part. I’ve been working long enough, hard enough all my life, that there is nothing I haven’t seen or heard or done, and all of the problems that are present at a retail store like this, simply roll off my smug back.

I’m happy at work most of the time… that’s what counts for everyone.

102 HoosierHoops  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:25:57pm

re: #99 Bagua

Good morning Lizardim!

Good Afternoon!
What’s kicking chick’n?

103 Bagua  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:27:25pm

re: #102 HoosierHoops

Good Afternoon!
What’s kicking chick’n?

They have yet to put on the new Sealing Stack Cap, so I’ve missed nothing.

Hows by you my friend?

104 WINDUPBIRD DISEASE [S.K.U.M.M.]  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:29:31pm

re: #100 Varek Raith

SHODAN>Skynet.
;)

I amA vOiCE in ThE chOiR

105 Walter L. Newton  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:30:18pm

And on that last note (la la la)… I’m out for a 5 hour and 45 minute shift (silly computer software, how do they figure 5 hours and 45 minutes?)

106 brookly red  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:30:35pm

re: #104 WindUpBird

I amA vOiCE in ThE chOiR

ahhh a songboyd ehh?

107 Charles Johnson  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:31:05pm

re: #88 Killgore Trout

Can anyone sort this one out? It makes my head hurt.

That “Contemporary Voices of White Nationalism in America” interview with Jared Taylor is highly sympathetic.

108 Varek Raith  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:31:58pm

re: #104 WindUpBird

I amA vOiCE in ThE chOiR

[Link: upload.wikimedia.org…]

109 brookly red  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:32:15pm

re: #105 Walter L. Newton

so what benefit would they have to give you if it was 6 hours?

110 HoosierHoops  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:34:51pm

re: #103 Bagua

They have yet to put on the new Sealing Stack Cap, so I’ve missed nothing.

Hows by you my friend?

Doing great…Considering the WorldCup is over.. There is no more LeBron Watch…It’s not football season yet.. I can’t take it!
Wait…It’s Home Run Derby tonight! Thank the Lawd! I miss this close to causing a riot!
LOL

On a serious note..I’m surprised more of the media isn’t covering the new cap installation…I’d like to see more of the Technology covered by the MSM.. Did you know those undersea robots are the size of Hummers? I’d like to learn more about them

111 Varek Raith  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:36:04pm

re: #110 HoosierHoops

LOL

They’re that big?
Neat.
Can they mount pew pew lazors?

112 Killgore Trout  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:36:48pm

re: #107 Charles

Yeah, seems pretty fishy to me too. The whole thing stinks.

113 HoosierHoops  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:38:37pm

re: #111 Varek Raith

They’re that big?
Neat.
Can they mount pew pew lazors?

114 darthstar  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:40:07pm

re: #113 HoosierHoops

I read somewhere they were the size of a Hummer…I’ll bet they are cooler than Hell and we need a page on it…Bad boy Robots that will end up saving the Gulf…for themselves (cue haunting music)

BTW, sorry about the game yesterday. I’m already going through Vuvuzela withdrawal.

115 Bagua  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:41:25pm

re: #110 HoosierHoops

LOL

It is too technical for them. They need a chance to blame somebody or whip up hysteria. The MSM is always soft on what is really going on.

As far as the robots, I obviously love them.

116 HoosierHoops  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:43:39pm

re: #114 darthstar

The World Cup is so much fun…Unlike the Super Bowl or World Series or the big dance…
We have to wait 4 years for 30 days of crazy world soccer

117 ryannon  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:44:49pm

re: #115 Bagua

How are the Pages that you’ve created on the subject coming along? They appear to be the best source of information on the spill on LGF - not to mention the media.

118 darthstar  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:46:18pm

re: #116 HoosierHoops

We have to wait 4 years for 30 days of crazy world soccer

I think the South African time zone was perfect, too. Got to watch games at 7am every day for two weeks, then the rest of the matches were at 11:30am for me. Much better than having them at 2am, or even in the afternoons.

119 HoosierHoops  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:46:21pm

re: #115 Bagua

As far as the robots, I obviously love them.

We have a UNIX Admin at the Office that built a Robot he controls with his cell phone.. All UNIX Admins are Complete Geeks…It’s like the law or something..

120 Bagua  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:58:02pm

re: #117 ryannon

Thanks Ryannon! I am hoping that gets linked to and brings LGF more traffic. It is a bunch of work involved because of all the links.

The Sealing Stack Cap did not go on overnight, so I’ll blog it today. The mystery continues around the surprise drill pipe #2 that was not supposed to be there. It was apparently absent after the flange was removed.

It is very likely they will have the well contained in a few days.

121 Bagua  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 3:00:10pm

re: #119 HoosierHoops

Yep, I know a few of the engineers who design these robots and other equipment. Complete geeks.

122 William Barnett-Lewis  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 3:00:59pm

re: #119 HoosierHoops

Darn right we are. And if you think Unix folks are wierd, it’s nothing on the Lisp Machine folks. I really need a Symbolics XL1201 :D

123 darthstar  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 3:03:34pm

re: #119 HoosierHoops

All hail the root! (I used to say that as a morning greeting to the two Unix admins at a company I worked for a few years ago.)

124 lostlakehiker  Mon, Jul 12, 2010 7:33:04pm

re: #88 Killgore Trout

Can anyone sort this one out? It makes my head hurt.

I looked at the various links. Nieli gave a fair interview to Taylor; just letting him talk. No endorsement, no cursing, but tough questions from time to time. Associated links include discussions of what is a good University education.

Now if it is verboten on this blog to raise the issue of why being Asian is worth minus 140 points on the SAT in terms of chances of admission, I would be surprised.

125 ClaudeMonet  Tue, Jul 13, 2010 12:30:01am

re: #38 _RememberTonyC

He still is the third most important “Floyd” of all time.

1. Floyd the Barber
2. Pink Floyd
3. Floyd Landis

I’d put Raymond Floyd ahead of Floyd Landis, and don’t overlook Gavin Floyd, pitcher for the White Sox.

Calexico - End of the World With You (Live on KEXP) kexp.org presents Calexico performing "End Of The World With You" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded June 19, 2018. Host: MorganAudio Engineers: Martin H. Gonzalez & Julian MartlewCameras: Jim Beckmann, Alaia D'Alessandro, Scott Holpainen & Justin WilmoreEditor: Jim Beckmann ...
LSD - Thunderclouds (Official Audio) Ft. Sia, Diplo, Labrinth Labrinth, Sia & Diplo present LSD - Thunderclouds (Official Audio) Stream "Thunderclouds" now: smarturl.itSpotify: smarturl.itiTunes: smarturl.itApple Music: smarturl.itAmazon Music: smarturl.it Learn more about LSD and sign up for the official mailing list: droppinglsd.com Lyrics: All I need is oneOne ...
Half•alive - Still Feel. [Music VIDEO] half•alive’s music video for ‘still feel.’ Save on Spotify : spoti.fi Apple Music : apple.coSoundcloud : SoundCloud find half•alive on… Instagram: instagr.amTwitter: @halfalivecoSpotify: spoti.fiSoundcloud: SoundCloudSite: halfalive.co Directed / Edited / Colored by : Josh TaylorDirector of Photography : Ryan ...
Bands and Artists I LoveSuperorganism. Your text to link...
The Artist Formerly Known as Irenicum
1 week ago
Dave Grohl - Play (Official Video) PLAY more at play.roswellfilms.com Pre-order limited edition vinyl bundles and stream the song: smarturl.it “PLAY” by Dave Grohl celebrates the rewards and challenges of dedicating one’s life to playing and mastering a musical instrument. Part one opens with narrated ...
1 week ago
The Seshen - Distant Heart (Live on KEXP) kexp.org presents The Seshen performing "Distant Heart" live at The Little London Plane during Upstream Music Fest. Recorded June 1, 2018. Host: Kevin ColeAudio Engineer: Kevin SuggsCameras: Jim Beckmann, Alaia D'Alessandro & Justin WilmoreDirector: Scott HolpainenEditor: Alaia D'Alessandro kexp.orgtheseshen.comupstreammusicfest.com ...
Retrograde PresidentProfit at any cost. American dream. President Trump. Blind destruction. BBC News: The Trump administration has overturned bans on the use of pesticides linked to declining bee populations and the cultivation of genetically modified crops in US national wildlife refuges. ...
Dom
2 weeks ago
David Crosby and Jason Isbell ‘Ohio’----Newport
2 weeks ago
Views: 1,070 • Comments: 1 • Rating: 3
Activist Publishes 11,000 Private DMs Between Wikileaks and Its Supporters The DMs concern a particular group chat between the official Wikileaks account and several supporters. In the chat—dubbed “Wikileaks +10” due to number of participants—Wikileaks would coordinate smear campaigns against the group’s rivals, including journalists, according to the DMs. ...
2 weeks, 4 days ago
Views: 1,592 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Capital Cities - Levitate (Visualizer)Music video by Capital Cities performing Levitate. © 2018 Lazy Hooks, LLC, under exclusive license to UMG Recordings, Inc. vevo.ly
2 weeks, 6 days ago