1 Walter L. Newton  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:35:11pm

He's alive... he's alive... Steve is ok...

I'm on the phone with him right now. He's eating, mainly veggies and fruit, meat won't stay down, he's burping a lot, passing lots of grass... that's a good sign.

2 Aceofwhat?  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:35:29pm

Now THIS is my kind of evangelism.

3 Aceofwhat?  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:35:47pm

re: #1 Walter L. Newton

He's alive... he's alive... Steve is ok...

Thanks, Walter-

4 William Barnett-Lewis  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:36:35pm

re: #1 Walter L. Newton

Thank you for the update, Walter. It's appreciated.

5 Killgore Trout  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:37:44pm

re: #1 Walter L. Newton

He's alive... he's alive... Steve is ok...

Hooray!

6 Walter L. Newton  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:38:43pm

I posted some other info on the Steve page...

[Link: littlegreenfootballs.com...]

7 Targetpractice  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:40:15pm

re: #1 Walter L. Newton

He's alive... he's alive... Steve is ok...

Might want to have that checked by a doctor.

8 Walter L. Newton  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:42:38pm

re: #7 Targetpractice, Worst of Both Worlds

Might want to have that checked by a doctor.

I wasn't kidding, they found his stash in his mattress :)

9 What, me worry?  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:44:28pm

re: #6 Walter L. Newton

I posted some other info on the Steve page...

[Link: littlegreenfootballs.com...]

Thanks Walter!

10 What, me worry?  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:45:44pm

So... like... I heard about this mosque going to be built in NY. Anyone heard about that??

11 Aceofwhat?  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:46:13pm

MANNING, SC (NBC) - In a bizarre interview at his home in Manning, South Carolina, the Democratic U.S. Senate candidate, Alvin Green said he is not quitting the race even after his indictment on a felony charge of obscenity.

Greene, who surprised everyone by winning the Democratic primary then ordered reporter Rad Berky from NBC affiliate WCNC off of his property.

When Berky stopped briefly to talk with Greene's brother Jimmy, Alvin Greene began howling and wailing the words, "no" and "go."

heh...

12 Targetpractice  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:46:21pm

re: #8 Walter L. Newton

I wasn't kidding, they found his stash in his mattress :)

And he's not sharing with the rest of the class? Lazy bum! Tell him he's not welcome here anymore!

///

13 Aceofwhat?  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:46:30pm

re: #10 marjoriemoon

nope/

14 Walter L. Newton  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:47:02pm

re: #10 marjoriemoon

How about nobody ruin this thread by bring up the mosque and I won't ruin this thread by bringing up Harry Reid :)

15 Aceofwhat?  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:48:28pm

re: #14 Walter L. Newton

Also: no Bush, George.

16 darthstar  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:55:38pm

Feh...mergers and acquisitions are all fine and dandy until its your company getting acquired. Been a funky day for me. Should be safe for a year or so, but it's still a weird feeling when you get swallowed by a much larger fish in the sea.

17 Aceofwhat?  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:57:22pm

re: #16 darthstar

I don't remember you talking about this before...did it happen in a hurry, or have i just not been at LGF enough recently to hear about it?

18 Stanghazi  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:58:58pm

re: #1 Walter L. Newton

Little tear welling going on.

Thanks Walter!

19 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:59:21pm

re: #1 Walter L. Newton

Cool!

Veggies and fruit? Good.
Meat? Bad.

I'm just sayin'....

20 What, me worry?  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:59:49pm

re: #15 Aceofwhat?

re: #14 Walter L. Newton

Buzzkill!

Hey Walter, you know if Steve has a laptop?

21 A Man for all Seasons  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 5:59:52pm

re: #16 darthstar

That really sucks..Good luck!

22 William Barnett-Lewis  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:05:12pm

re: #16 darthstar

Yow. Gotta admit, that was one good thing about working for government. If my "company" got acquired, the job would be the least of my worries ... :eek:

23 darthstar  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:05:15pm

re: #17 Aceofwhat?

I tend not to discuss too much personal information online as anonymity on the internet is about as real as Santa Claus.

24 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:06:10pm

re: #22 wlewisiii

How's your Chinese?

25 darthstar  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:06:33pm

re: #21 HoosierHoops

That really sucks..Good luck!

Well, it puts me at zero for five in the options game. But it could be a good thing in the long run...I just have a very low trust level in all things corporate.

26 Aceofwhat?  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:06:55pm

re: #23 darthstar

no sweat, just didn't know if this was breaking news. if there's a positive light, it's that the newly promoted are usually among the least likely to be casualties of a merger...so congrats again on your promotion!

27 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:07:46pm

re: #1 Walter L. Newton

I finally saw "Inception" today.

28 Aceofwhat?  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:08:23pm

re: #27 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

I finally saw "Inception" today.

worth seeing in the theater?

29 Walter L. Newton  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:08:29pm

re: #27 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

I finally saw "Inception" today.

And?

30 prairiefire  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:13:10pm

re: #28 Aceofwhat?

"Hot Tub time Machine" was very funny in a nasty, "Old School" type of movie, fyi.

31 Eclectic Infidel  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:13:20pm

What a nice bonus for the United States, eh?

Oil Found in Afghanistan

A preliminary survey has found that Afghanistan may have 1.8 billion barrels of oil in the north of the country, an official said.

Surprise!!!

32 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:14:42pm

re: #29 Walter L. Newton

Well, since I am hearing impaired.. and they did so much "whisper talk" (note to Hollywood, please stop whisper talk in movies)... I was lost.

Visually, a beautiful movie.

I read a synopsis afterward on the interweaves and things made more sense.

Very good movie Experience.

I think that Ellen Page (who was also in Juno) is the new Natalie Portman minus sex appeal... very good young Actress.

33 Aceofwhat?  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:15:34pm

re: #30 prairiefire

Well, i don't know - that sounds a little to immatu...who am I kidding...now i definitely want to rent it...

34 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:16:02pm

re: #28 Aceofwhat?

worth seeing in the theater?

I think I would only want to see it in a theater. Gigantic movie.

35 darthstar  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:16:21pm

re: #26 Aceofwhat?

Thanks...though that hasn't exactly been made official yet, though I did talk to management about it and it's still on track for Sept/Oct.

36 Gus  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:16:28pm
37 Aceofwhat?  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:17:51pm

re: #32 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

To me, Ellen Page is like a female Michael Cera...or he's a male version of her...the order isn't important. Two young actors who specialize in subtle asides.

38 Aceofwhat?  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:18:32pm

re: #34 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

I think I would only want to see it in a theater. Gigantic movie.

Cool...those are the only ones that i like going to the theater to see.

39 Walter L. Newton  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:18:34pm

re: #32 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

Visually, a beautiful movie.

I read a synopsis afterward on the interweaves and things made more sense.

Very good movie Experience.

I loved it... extremely well written, tight script, multiple layers of plots which dovetailed nicely, and... a little bit of the old 1984 "scary technology" sort of plot.

40 Lidane  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:19:37pm

*collapses*

Day One of grad school orientation is over and done, and I'm now waiting for a pizza to get here, since I'm too tired and lazy to cook today. So far, it looks like the folks that I'm going to spend the next two years of my life with are pretty cool. Lots of diverse backgrounds and interests, and the professors are all great, too.

All in all a great day. Exhausting, but great. And I get to pick it all back up tomorrow. :)

41 Walter L. Newton  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:21:23pm

re: #37 Aceofwhat?

Well... in "Inception" she was simply a device for DiCaprio to move his character forward... she didn't have that much dialog or other reason to exist.

42 Aceofwhat?  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:21:39pm

re: #40 Lidane

cool

43 The Shadow Do  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:22:38pm

re: #31 eclectic infidel

What a nice bonus for the United States, eh?

Oil Found in Afghanistan

Surprise!!!

Karzai may suddenly find friends he did not have before. Russians,
Chinese?

Taliban don't seem technically savy enough to develop it - can only dig so deep with hand grenades and short swords.

44 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:23:16pm

re: #37 Aceofwhat?

Excellent, they were great together in Juno.

I think as she ages, she's gonna get some beautiful going on.

And, she appears to be as smart as hell.

45 Stanghazi  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:23:52pm

re: #40 Lidane

You go girl!

46 Buck  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:24:30pm

re: #31 eclectic infidel

What a nice bonus for the United States, eh?

Oil Found in Afghanistan

Surprise!!!

You don't think the evil Chaney/ Halliberton cartel is surprised by this, do you?

47 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:24:38pm

re: #41 Walter L. Newton

Everybody in a DeCaprio movie is a device to move his character forward...

48 A Man for all Seasons  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:25:34pm

re: #47 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

Everybody in a DeCaprio movie is a device to move his character forward...

I first remember of him in Gilbert Grape..Great acting

49 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:25:43pm

re: #39 Walter L. Newton

Well, your recommendation is why I went to see it.

Thanks... was excellent.

50 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:26:21pm

re: #48 HoosierHoops

He was so over the top, and Depp was so understated...

Great movie, IMO.

51 Eclectic Infidel  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:30:09pm

re: #46 Buck

Not at all. According the the article, oil was discovered there in the late 1950s.

52 reine.de.tout  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:32:03pm

re: #6 Walter L. Newton

I posted some other info on the Steve page...

[Link: littlegreenfootballs.com...]

Walter - when you think he's up to it, please send him a link to that page, please - we wanted him to know he's been in our thoughts while he was gone.

53 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:33:02pm

re: #52 reine.de.tout

I am just shocked on how much of a little community we are sometimes.

54 Spare O'Lake  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 6:46:17pm

re: #31 eclectic infidel

What a nice bonus for the United States, eh?

Oil Found in Afghanistan

Just imagine the possibilities...graft and corruption all the way to China.

55 aurelius  Tue, Aug 17, 2010 10:44:49pm

Hmmm....

Leon Bridges, Keite Young - Like a Ship (Official Audio) Leon Bridges is proud to support the Truth To Power Project. Learn more and donate here: truthtopowerproject.com Official audio for "Like a Ship" by Leon Bridges & Keite Young. Listen & Download “Like a Ship" out now: leonbridges.lnk.to Amazon ...
Tweets: 2 •
Lake Street Dive Covers Carole King’s ‘So Far Away’ to Salute 50th Anniversary of ‘Tapestry’ Lake Street Dive a new arrangement of the classic King track on the eve of "Tapestry" hitting the half-century mark in February 2021. The group has proudly worn its Carole King influence on its collective sleeve, asking if the ...
Tweets: 3 •
#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 210228Saturday we put together the temporary auxiliary filter.Thanks to the electric sump pump, it runs about 12-14 hours a day, sunny or not.Since it’s flowing through a garden hose, it runs about ¼ of its capacity.That happens to match the ...
Dangerman
Tweets: 0 •
Lord Huron - Not Dead Yet (Live on Jimmy Kimmel Live!) “Not Dead Yet” (Live on Jimmy Kimmel Live!) Stream/Download “Not Dead Yet” here: lordhuron.lnk.to Tickets, season passes, and merch for Alive From Whispering Pines Livestream Series available at lordhuron.com​ Connect with Lord Huron:lordhuron.com​facebook.comtwitter.com instagram.com Lyrics: All messed up, with ...
Tweets: 1 •
I Wrote a Book, Check It Out and Pre-Order It!I recently completed my first novel entitled, "Blind Spot." You can find the link here. Take a look and if you like what you see, go ahead and pre-order it. inkshares.com
rhoffman
Tweets: 5 •
Pino Palladino + Blake Mills + Sam Gendel - Djurkel (Live) Pre-order the new album “Notes With Attachments” available March 12: pinoblake.lnk.to Shop merch: blakemills.lnk.to Follow Pino:Instagram: pinopalladino.lnk.toFacebook: pinopalladino.lnk.toTwitter: pinopalladino.lnk.toSpotify: pinopalladino.lnk.to Tidal: pinopalladino.lnk.to Amazon: pinopalladino.lnk.to Pandora: pinopalladino.lnk.to YouTube Music: pinopalladino.lnk.to Follow Blake:Instagram: blakemills.lnk.toTwitter: blakemills.lnk.toSpotify: blakemills.lnk.toApple Music: blakemills.lnk.toAmazon: blakemills.lnk.toSoundcloud: blakemills.lnk.toPandora: blakemills.lnk.toYouTube ...
Tweets: 2 •
Molly Tuttle, Sierra Hull, Sarah Jarosz -Salt CreekMolly Tuttle, Sierra Hull and Sarah Jarosz playing "Salt Creek" during the Music City Bandwidth's virtual show from The East Room in Nashville on October 15, 2020
Tweets: 1 •
Black Pumas - I’m Ready (Live on the Late Late Show With James Corden) "I'm Ready" is available on the GRAMMY-nominated Deluxe Edition of the Black Pumas debut album. The Deluxe Edition includes 11 bonus tracks (3 brand new songs, 4 covers, and 4 live recordings) and is available now in 2xLP, 2xCD ...
Tweets: 1 •
Tomorrow - Jimmy Wahlsteen, Vincent VegaProvided to YouTube by Epidemic Sound Tomorrow · Jimmy Wahlsteen · Vincent Vega Epidemic Presents: Crates (M. Bison Edition) ℗ Epidemic Sound Released on: 2020-03-13 Producer: Kasper LindgrenComposer: Jimmy Wahlsteen Auto-generated by YouTube.
Tweets: 2 •
#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 210221The waterfall bilge pump died three weeks ago.We're trying something new.Saturday we test installed two tiny aquarium pumps to get the waterfall going again.These pumps are very small but are designed to run all the time. Bilge pumps aren't. Though ...
Dangerman