1 albusteve  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 4:54:14pm

hang ten

2 abolitionist  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 4:55:07pm

*Waves*

3 Mostly sane, most of the time.  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 4:58:12pm

When does Jane show up? I didn't see Mr. Rochester in there anywhere.

I'm very confused.

4 austin_blue  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:17:04pm

Is there a surfing dog named Heathcliff?

It'd be a lot cooler if it did...

5 sod  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:17:30pm

That was relaxing. When a big wave crashes down on you, how long do you stay under and get tossed about?

6 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:25:10pm

Wench, you here? You no like The Twitter?

7 wrenchwench  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:31:41pm

re: #6 marjoriemoon

Wench, you here? You no like The Twitter?

I like the Twitter...

8 wee fury  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:32:16pm

Thanks, Charles.

9 austin_blue  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:33:04pm

Went and looked at the Maddow video.

That's my Guv! Pointy Boots! Good hair!

Y'all are gonna be seein' a lot of that ol' boy in the months to come.

10 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:34:07pm

re: #7 wrenchwench

I like the Twitter...

Ah ok. I was looking for you and couldn't find you.

11 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:36:36pm

You must be stealthy.

12 wrenchwench  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:39:52pm

re: #11 marjoriemoon

You must be stealthy.

I have family following my Twitter. I don't know whether I'm protecting them or myself.... So far, I have avoided stalkers. I'm not wrenchwench on Twitter.

13 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:46:29pm

re: #12 wrenchwench

I have family following my Twitter. I don't know whether I'm protecting them or myself... So far, I have avoided stalkers. I'm not wrenchwench on Twitter.

I can dig that. I started following the Smithsonian and I'm enjoying it. Do you follow them? They recently sent a history of bicycles. I sent it to Charles and thought of you.

[Link: blogs.smithsonianmag.com...]

14 albusteve  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:49:56pm

re: #13 marjoriemoon

[Link: blogs.smithsonianmag.com...]

last time I was there I went downtown really early, parked off the Mall a few blocks, got some coffee, waited arounf very excited and finally walked to the museum and...closed for the next 18mo for renovations...I was bummed but will get back next spring...I love the Smith

15 wrenchwench  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:51:47pm

re: #13 marjoriemoon

[Link: blogs.smithsonianmag.com...]

Ooh, nice! I should follow them. One of my brothers used to work for them, and could give tours of the backrooms. I wish I had been able to take one!

See y'all tomorrow.

16 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:53:11pm

re: #14 albusteve

That's a drag! I've never been, but would put it on the agenda if I ever visited DC. DC isn't it?

17 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:53:32pm

re: #15 wrenchwench

See y'all tomorrow.

They have some great tweets.

18 darthstar  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:55:56pm

Darrell Issa (not to be confused with his other brother Darrell), who promised to "investigate, investigate, investigate" to get to the bottom of corruption in the Obama administration just scrapped one such investigation because "it didn't fit the narrative."

Democrats are accusing House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) of canceling a hearing on the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission this week because his committee uncovered documents which wouldn't have fit his narrative about what went wrong with the agency.

Peter Kadzick, an attorney for FCIC Chairman Phil Angelides, told TPM that Angelides arrived in D.C. on Sunday night for the Wednesday morning hearing but was told by an Issa staffer on Monday evening that "they had found some documents at the last minute that didn't fit the narrative."

Damn their honesty and above boardedness! We want them to be guilty of something!

19 albusteve  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:57:09pm

re: #16 marjoriemoon

yes, DC

20 albusteve  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:58:24pm

re: #18 darthstar

they are...is the Pope made out of green cheese?

21 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:02:00pm

re: #19 albusteve

yes, DC

Their twitter bio says "We're not a museum. We're 19 of them! Plus 9 research centers & the National Zoo." Oh, plus they're in DC. Oops.

22 albusteve  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:09:02pm

re: #21 marjoriemoon

there are a couple of annexes...the newer Air and Space gig out at Dulles is a monster...but the old Smithsonian is down on the Mall in DC...the Castle, the American History and Natural History, and the magnificent Air and Space museum are all along there

23 Decatur Deb  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:09:44pm

re: #21 marjoriemoon

They also have a primate research station, a small island in the middle of the Panama Canal. (Might be gone now.) Had lunch there in a weird government cafeteria/bandido cantina.

24 jaunte  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:12:49pm

re: #23 Decatur Deb

Still there; pretty cool:

...STRI's primary site for the study of lowland moist tropical forests.
[Link: www.stri.si.edu...]
25 Decatur Deb  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:16:45pm

Heh. The description mentions the ratty cafeteria--they were very proud of it, their big quality-of-life operation.

26 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:28:36pm

re: #23 Decatur Deb

Maybe one of the 19 or the 9. I think there was one in NY? Or one of the big museums is part of the Smithsonian. In Dallas, too? I should look it up.

27 reine.de.tout  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:55:02pm

re: #22 albusteve

The air and space museum is fantastic!

28 Dancing along the light of day  Thu, Jul 14, 2011 12:26:22am

Late to the party, but, COWABUNGA!

This Is the Kit - Full Performance (Live on KEXP) kexp.org presents This Is The Kit performing live in the KEXP studio. Recorded November 28, 2017. Songs:Empty No TeethBullet ProofMoonshine FreezeSolid Grease Host: Troy NelsonAudio Engineer: Kevin SuggsCameras: Jim Beckmann, Scott Holpainen & Justin WilmoreEditor: Justin Wilmore kexp.orgthisisthekit.co.uk ...
Starry Starry Night -Lianne La Havas Provided to YouTube by Warner Music Group Starry Starry Night · Lianne La Havas Loving Vincent (Original Soundtrack) ℗ 2017 Un Pundeas De Monetas, Inc. Under exclusive license to Éditions Milan Music Featured Vocals: Lianne La HavasComposer: Don McLean ...
LGF Sunday Morning Wakeup Playlist
Unshaken Defiance
Masterpiece Theater-Little WomenTonight Masterpiece Theater presents Little Women. This latest production promises to be a good one with some well known actors and actresses. The March girls are played by relative unknowns. Please check your local PBS stations for the times in ...
PhillyPretzel
1 week ago
Ry Cooder - the Prodigal Son (Live in Studio) "The Prodigal Son", Ry' Cooder's first new solo release in six years, is set for release May 11, 2018! Pre-order / stream "The Prodigal Son" here: found.ee Directed by Jeff Coffman Follow Ry:Official Website: rycooder.comFacebook: facebook.comInstagram: instagram.com LYRICSnow, the ...
1 week, 1 day ago
Charlie Puth - ‘How Long’ [Official Video] Download and Stream "How Long": atlantic.lnk.to Pre-Order Voicenotes: atlantic.lnk.to Exclusive VoiceNotes Merchandise Bundles Available Here: smarturl.it Follow Charlie:charlieputh.comtwitter.comfacebook.cominstagram.com THE VOICENOTES TOURwith Charlie Puth and Hailee SteinfeldTickets & VIP: charlieputh.com #VoicenotesTour Dates:07/11 – Toronto, ON – Budweiser Stage07/13 – Boston, ...
1 week, 1 day ago
Welles - Rock N Roll [Audio Only] PreOrder Welles Album "Red Trees and White Trashes" featuring "Seventeen" and "Rock N Roll"ffm.to Listen to Rock N Roll: ffm.toListen to Seventeen: ffm.to CONNECT: wellesmusic.comfacebook.cominstagram.com@wellesmusic--ROCK N ROLLdoesn't eatdoesn't sleepdoes drugsjus shrugs & says leave me beROCK N ROLLis a ...
2 weeks ago
WALK the MOON - Kamikaze (Official Video) Get WALK THE MOON's new album 'What If Nothing' featuring "Kamikaze" and "One Foot":iTunes - wtmband.comSpotify - wtmband.comApple Music - wtmband.comAmazon - wtmband.comGoogle Play - wtmband.comMerch Store - wtmband.com Catch WTM On Tour - wtmband.com Follow WALK THE MOON:walkthemoonband.comfacebook.com@WALKTHEMOONbandinstagram.com ...
2 weeks ago
Trump Is Watching You Closer Than You Watch Him, Thanks NSA I would love to see my friends offer a string of sensible suggestions for protecting our meta data, our digital privacy as best we can in the comments. Technology cuts both ways. Corporation and governments have scale, money. We ...
Unshaken Defiance
2 weeks, 1 day ago
Jacob Collier - Fields of Gold (BBC Radio Scotland Session)Just Jacob and a piano: first ever recording of a spell-binding cover, live from BBC Scotland's Pacific Quay in Glasgow. For more: bbc.co.uk
2 weeks, 6 days ago