1 albusteve  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 4:54:14pm

hang ten

2 abolitionist  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 4:55:07pm

*Waves*

3 Mostly sane, most of the time.  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 4:58:12pm

When does Jane show up? I didn't see Mr. Rochester in there anywhere.

I'm very confused.

4 austin_blue  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:17:04pm

Is there a surfing dog named Heathcliff?

It'd be a lot cooler if it did...

5 sod  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:17:30pm

That was relaxing. When a big wave crashes down on you, how long do you stay under and get tossed about?

6 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:25:10pm

Wench, you here? You no like The Twitter?

7 wrenchwench  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:31:41pm

re: #6 marjoriemoon

Wench, you here? You no like The Twitter?

I like the Twitter...

8 wee fury  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:32:16pm

Thanks, Charles.

9 austin_blue  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:33:04pm

Went and looked at the Maddow video.

That's my Guv! Pointy Boots! Good hair!

Y'all are gonna be seein' a lot of that ol' boy in the months to come.

10 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:34:07pm

re: #7 wrenchwench

I like the Twitter...

Ah ok. I was looking for you and couldn't find you.

11 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:36:36pm

You must be stealthy.

12 wrenchwench  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:39:52pm

re: #11 marjoriemoon

You must be stealthy.

I have family following my Twitter. I don't know whether I'm protecting them or myself.... So far, I have avoided stalkers. I'm not wrenchwench on Twitter.

13 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:46:29pm

re: #12 wrenchwench

I have family following my Twitter. I don't know whether I'm protecting them or myself... So far, I have avoided stalkers. I'm not wrenchwench on Twitter.

I can dig that. I started following the Smithsonian and I'm enjoying it. Do you follow them? They recently sent a history of bicycles. I sent it to Charles and thought of you.

[Link: blogs.smithsonianmag.com...]

14 albusteve  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:49:56pm

re: #13 marjoriemoon

[Link: blogs.smithsonianmag.com...]

last time I was there I went downtown really early, parked off the Mall a few blocks, got some coffee, waited arounf very excited and finally walked to the museum and...closed for the next 18mo for renovations...I was bummed but will get back next spring...I love the Smith

15 wrenchwench  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:51:47pm

re: #13 marjoriemoon

[Link: blogs.smithsonianmag.com...]

Ooh, nice! I should follow them. One of my brothers used to work for them, and could give tours of the backrooms. I wish I had been able to take one!

See y'all tomorrow.

16 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:53:11pm

re: #14 albusteve

That's a drag! I've never been, but would put it on the agenda if I ever visited DC. DC isn't it?

17 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:53:32pm

re: #15 wrenchwench

See y'all tomorrow.

They have some great tweets.

18 darthstar  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:55:56pm

Darrell Issa (not to be confused with his other brother Darrell), who promised to "investigate, investigate, investigate" to get to the bottom of corruption in the Obama administration just scrapped one such investigation because "it didn't fit the narrative."

Democrats are accusing House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) of canceling a hearing on the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission this week because his committee uncovered documents which wouldn't have fit his narrative about what went wrong with the agency.

Peter Kadzick, an attorney for FCIC Chairman Phil Angelides, told TPM that Angelides arrived in D.C. on Sunday night for the Wednesday morning hearing but was told by an Issa staffer on Monday evening that "they had found some documents at the last minute that didn't fit the narrative."

Damn their honesty and above boardedness! We want them to be guilty of something!

19 albusteve  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:57:09pm

re: #16 marjoriemoon

yes, DC

20 albusteve  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:58:24pm

re: #18 darthstar

they are...is the Pope made out of green cheese?

21 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:02:00pm

re: #19 albusteve

yes, DC

Their twitter bio says "We're not a museum. We're 19 of them! Plus 9 research centers & the National Zoo." Oh, plus they're in DC. Oops.

22 albusteve  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:09:02pm

re: #21 marjoriemoon

there are a couple of annexes...the newer Air and Space gig out at Dulles is a monster...but the old Smithsonian is down on the Mall in DC...the Castle, the American History and Natural History, and the magnificent Air and Space museum are all along there

23 Decatur Deb  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:09:44pm

re: #21 marjoriemoon

They also have a primate research station, a small island in the middle of the Panama Canal. (Might be gone now.) Had lunch there in a weird government cafeteria/bandido cantina.

24 jaunte  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:12:49pm

re: #23 Decatur Deb

Still there; pretty cool:

...STRI's primary site for the study of lowland moist tropical forests.
[Link: www.stri.si.edu...]
25 Decatur Deb  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:16:45pm

Heh. The description mentions the ratty cafeteria--they were very proud of it, their big quality-of-life operation.

26 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:28:36pm

re: #23 Decatur Deb

Maybe one of the 19 or the 9. I think there was one in NY? Or one of the big museums is part of the Smithsonian. In Dallas, too? I should look it up.

27 reine.de.tout  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:55:02pm

re: #22 albusteve

The air and space museum is fantastic!

28 Dancing along the light of day  Thu, Jul 14, 2011 12:26:22am

Late to the party, but, COWABUNGA!

Weekend Box Office: ‘Black Panther’ Bounds to Record-Shattering $218M-Plus Bow In a defining moment for Hollywood, Disney and Marvel Studios' Black Panther exploded at the Presidents Day box office, bounding to a record-shattering estimate of $192 million for the three-day weekend and a projected $218 million-plus for the four-day ...
Brandi Carlile - the Joke (Official Video) From the album "By The Way, I Forgive You" available now. elektrar.ec Directed by Danny Clinch Produced by Lindha Narvaez for MILKT Choreography by Peter Leung Ballet sequence filmed by Middle Table Productions Connect with Brandi: brandicarlile.com facebook.com @brandicarlile ...
3 days, 1 hour ago
School Shooter Nikolas Cruz Belonged to White Supremacist GroupThis my surprised face.... BREAKING: Nikolas Cruz, alleged perpetrator in the deadly school shooting in Parkland, Florida, was associated with white supremacist group Republic of Florida & participated in the group’s training exercises, according to the group’s leader. More info: ...
Scottish Dragon
Your Medicine Cabinet Knows What AIls Youblog.timesunion.com HOFFMAN FILESYour medicine cabinet knows what ails you.By Rob Hoffman on February 15, 2018 at 5:27 AM1We all fancy ourselves experts when it comes to the human condition. We see our fellow human beings as open books, and we ...
rhoffman
A.G. Schneiderman Files Civil Rights Lawsuit Against the Weinstein Companies, Harvey Weinstein, and Robert Weinstein NEW YORK – New York Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman today filed suit against The Weinstein Company (“TWC”), Harvey Weinstein, and Robert Weinstein for egregious violations of New York’s civil rights, human rights, and business laws. The suit, filed ...
Views: 1,150 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Portugal. The Man - Keep on (Official Video) Portugal. The Man - Keep On Video conceptualized, created and directed by Paulin RoguesFollow Paulin at instagram.com Catch Portugal. The Man on tour:portugaltheman.com WOODSTOCK available now!atlantic.lnk.to Follow Portugal. The ManWebsite: portugaltheman.comFB: facebook.com IG: instagram.comTW: @portugalthemanSC: SoundCloudYT: youtube.comTumblr: portugaltheman.tumblr.com ...
Views: 1,271 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Marvel’s Jessica Jones - Season 2 Jessica Jones is back as New York City’s tough-as-nails private investigator. Although this time, the case is even more personal than ever before. Fueled by a myriad of questions and lies, she will do whatever it takes to uncover ...
Views: 1,128 • Comments: 1 • Rating: 2
Deadpool 2 Teaser Trailer - Red Band (2018) Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin The Merc with a Mouth takes a pop at Cable, Toy Story and Justice League in this teaser for the upcoming Deadpool sequel. Watch more entertainment and game trailers here!YouTube Watch the latest from IGN here!YouTube ------------------------------­----Follow IGN for ...
Views: 1,130 • Comments: 1 • Rating: 1
Poll: Number of Conservative-Leaning States Drops to 39 (CN) – The number of conservative-leaning states has dropped from 44 to 39, according to a new Gallup poll released Wednesday. The survey, conducted over a number of polls taken throughout the year, found that 35 percent of Americans ...
Views: 1,234 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 3
Shock Tactics: Why ‘Higher Risk’ Human Targets Get Stunned With Tasers NEW YORK – The maker of the Taser says the electroshock weapon is the safest tool on a police officer’s belt – with a few caveats. In pages of warnings, Axon Enterprise Inc advises police to beware that some ...
Views: 1,241 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0