1 albusteve  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 4:54:14pm

hang ten

2 abolitionist  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 4:55:07pm

*Waves*

3 Mostly sane, most of the time.  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 4:58:12pm

When does Jane show up? I didn't see Mr. Rochester in there anywhere.

I'm very confused.

4 austin_blue  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:17:04pm

Is there a surfing dog named Heathcliff?

It'd be a lot cooler if it did...

5 sod  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:17:30pm

That was relaxing. When a big wave crashes down on you, how long do you stay under and get tossed about?

6 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:25:10pm

Wench, you here? You no like The Twitter?

7 wrenchwench  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:31:41pm

re: #6 marjoriemoon

Wench, you here? You no like The Twitter?

I like the Twitter...

8 wee fury  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:32:16pm

Thanks, Charles.

9 austin_blue  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:33:04pm

Went and looked at the Maddow video.

That's my Guv! Pointy Boots! Good hair!

Y'all are gonna be seein' a lot of that ol' boy in the months to come.

10 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:34:07pm

re: #7 wrenchwench

I like the Twitter...

Ah ok. I was looking for you and couldn't find you.

11 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:36:36pm

You must be stealthy.

12 wrenchwench  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:39:52pm

re: #11 marjoriemoon

You must be stealthy.

I have family following my Twitter. I don't know whether I'm protecting them or myself.... So far, I have avoided stalkers. I'm not wrenchwench on Twitter.

13 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:46:29pm

re: #12 wrenchwench

I have family following my Twitter. I don't know whether I'm protecting them or myself... So far, I have avoided stalkers. I'm not wrenchwench on Twitter.

I can dig that. I started following the Smithsonian and I'm enjoying it. Do you follow them? They recently sent a history of bicycles. I sent it to Charles and thought of you.

[Link: blogs.smithsonianmag.com...]

14 albusteve  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:49:56pm

re: #13 marjoriemoon

[Link: blogs.smithsonianmag.com...]

last time I was there I went downtown really early, parked off the Mall a few blocks, got some coffee, waited arounf very excited and finally walked to the museum and...closed for the next 18mo for renovations...I was bummed but will get back next spring...I love the Smith

15 wrenchwench  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:51:47pm

re: #13 marjoriemoon

[Link: blogs.smithsonianmag.com...]

Ooh, nice! I should follow them. One of my brothers used to work for them, and could give tours of the backrooms. I wish I had been able to take one!

See y'all tomorrow.

16 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:53:11pm

re: #14 albusteve

That's a drag! I've never been, but would put it on the agenda if I ever visited DC. DC isn't it?

17 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:53:32pm

re: #15 wrenchwench

See y'all tomorrow.

They have some great tweets.

18 darthstar  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:55:56pm

Darrell Issa (not to be confused with his other brother Darrell), who promised to "investigate, investigate, investigate" to get to the bottom of corruption in the Obama administration just scrapped one such investigation because "it didn't fit the narrative."

Democrats are accusing House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) of canceling a hearing on the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission this week because his committee uncovered documents which wouldn't have fit his narrative about what went wrong with the agency.

Peter Kadzick, an attorney for FCIC Chairman Phil Angelides, told TPM that Angelides arrived in D.C. on Sunday night for the Wednesday morning hearing but was told by an Issa staffer on Monday evening that "they had found some documents at the last minute that didn't fit the narrative."

Damn their honesty and above boardedness! We want them to be guilty of something!

19 albusteve  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:57:09pm

re: #16 marjoriemoon

yes, DC

20 albusteve  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:58:24pm

re: #18 darthstar

they are...is the Pope made out of green cheese?

21 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:02:00pm

re: #19 albusteve

yes, DC

Their twitter bio says "We're not a museum. We're 19 of them! Plus 9 research centers & the National Zoo." Oh, plus they're in DC. Oops.

22 albusteve  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:09:02pm

re: #21 marjoriemoon

there are a couple of annexes...the newer Air and Space gig out at Dulles is a monster...but the old Smithsonian is down on the Mall in DC...the Castle, the American History and Natural History, and the magnificent Air and Space museum are all along there

23 Decatur Deb  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:09:44pm

re: #21 marjoriemoon

They also have a primate research station, a small island in the middle of the Panama Canal. (Might be gone now.) Had lunch there in a weird government cafeteria/bandido cantina.

24 jaunte  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:12:49pm

re: #23 Decatur Deb

Still there; pretty cool:

...STRI's primary site for the study of lowland moist tropical forests.
[Link: www.stri.si.edu...]
25 Decatur Deb  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:16:45pm

Heh. The description mentions the ratty cafeteria--they were very proud of it, their big quality-of-life operation.

26 What, me worry?  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:28:36pm

re: #23 Decatur Deb

Maybe one of the 19 or the 9. I think there was one in NY? Or one of the big museums is part of the Smithsonian. In Dallas, too? I should look it up.

27 reine.de.tout  Wed, Jul 13, 2011 6:55:02pm

re: #22 albusteve

The air and space museum is fantastic!

28 Dancing along the light of day  Thu, Jul 14, 2011 12:26:22am

Late to the party, but, COWABUNGA!

Calexico - End of the World With You (Live on KEXP) kexp.org presents Calexico performing "End Of The World With You" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded June 19, 2018. Host: MorganAudio Engineers: Martin H. Gonzalez & Julian MartlewCameras: Jim Beckmann, Alaia D'Alessandro, Scott Holpainen & Justin WilmoreEditor: Jim Beckmann ...
LSD - Thunderclouds (Official Audio) Ft. Sia, Diplo, Labrinth Labrinth, Sia & Diplo present LSD - Thunderclouds (Official Audio) Stream "Thunderclouds" now: smarturl.itSpotify: smarturl.itiTunes: smarturl.itApple Music: smarturl.itAmazon Music: smarturl.it Learn more about LSD and sign up for the official mailing list: droppinglsd.com Lyrics: All I need is oneOne ...
Half•alive - Still Feel. [Music VIDEO] half•alive’s music video for ‘still feel.’ Save on Spotify : spoti.fi Apple Music : apple.coSoundcloud : SoundCloud find half•alive on… Instagram: instagr.amTwitter: @halfalivecoSpotify: spoti.fiSoundcloud: SoundCloudSite: halfalive.co Directed / Edited / Colored by : Josh TaylorDirector of Photography : Ryan ...
Bands and Artists I LoveSuperorganism. Your text to link...
The Artist Formerly Known as Irenicum
1 week ago
Dave Grohl - Play (Official Video) PLAY more at play.roswellfilms.com Pre-order limited edition vinyl bundles and stream the song: smarturl.it “PLAY” by Dave Grohl celebrates the rewards and challenges of dedicating one’s life to playing and mastering a musical instrument. Part one opens with narrated ...
1 week ago
The Seshen - Distant Heart (Live on KEXP) kexp.org presents The Seshen performing "Distant Heart" live at The Little London Plane during Upstream Music Fest. Recorded June 1, 2018. Host: Kevin ColeAudio Engineer: Kevin SuggsCameras: Jim Beckmann, Alaia D'Alessandro & Justin WilmoreDirector: Scott HolpainenEditor: Alaia D'Alessandro kexp.orgtheseshen.comupstreammusicfest.com ...
Retrograde PresidentProfit at any cost. American dream. President Trump. Blind destruction. BBC News: The Trump administration has overturned bans on the use of pesticides linked to declining bee populations and the cultivation of genetically modified crops in US national wildlife refuges. ...
Dom
2 weeks ago
David Crosby and Jason Isbell ‘Ohio’----Newport
2 weeks ago
Views: 1,070 • Comments: 1 • Rating: 3
Activist Publishes 11,000 Private DMs Between Wikileaks and Its Supporters The DMs concern a particular group chat between the official Wikileaks account and several supporters. In the chat—dubbed “Wikileaks +10” due to number of participants—Wikileaks would coordinate smear campaigns against the group’s rivals, including journalists, according to the DMs. ...
2 weeks, 4 days ago
Views: 1,592 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Capital Cities - Levitate (Visualizer)Music video by Capital Cities performing Levitate. © 2018 Lazy Hooks, LLC, under exclusive license to UMG Recordings, Inc. vevo.ly
2 weeks, 6 days ago