Pamela Geller’s Massive Fail: Butterball Turkeys Sold in US Are Not Halal

Shariah turkey story a gobbler
Wingnuts • Views: 28,814

BOOGA BOOGAJust to wrap up Pamela Geller’s most ridiculous conspiracy theory yet with a nice neat bow, Melissa Harris-Perry actually contacted the Butterball company, and discovered that the only turkeys they certify halal are those headed for foreign markets.

Yes, that’s right — the turkeys sold in the United States are not certified halal after all. No scary Muslim imam said prayers over them. They weren’t “sacrificed to Allah.”

The suicide jihad turkey is a figment of Pamela Geller’s whack-a-doodle bigot’s imagination.

It’s hard to imagine a more comprehensive yet inadvertently hilarious level of fail.

1 austin_blue  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:13:05pm

But...but...she's so proud of it! It must be true! Even media outfits agree!

2 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:16:20pm

I want my Atheist Certified Turkey

3 Kronocide  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:22:29pm

So all the head exploding was for naught? Damn, what a waste of all that rage. That stuff should not be squandered, so little of it to go around.

4 makeitstop  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:22:36pm

It would be nice if just once, whack jobs like Geller or Bryan Fischer would feel a modicum of shame or embarrassment for being so wrong so often.

But yeah, that ain't happening any time soon.

5 makeitstop  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:23:01pm

re: #3 BigPapa

Pamz has a lifetime supply.

6 Dark_Falcon  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:23:50pm

re: #4 makeitstop

But yeah, that ain't happening any time soon.

No, they'll just ignore being proven as liars and move on to the next OUTRAGEOUS OUTRAGE!!!11 on Monday.

7 Kronocide  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:24:16pm

re: #4 makeitstop

That's the beauty of not being based in reality. You're not encumbered by facts or logic.

8 makeitstop  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:24:36pm

re: #6 Dark_Falcon

Unless something comes along to piss 'em off tomorrow!

9 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:25:12pm

when religion dictates what you eat, it's time for some BBQ and Lone Star...good grief what a bunch of wierdos

10 Page 3 in the Binder of Women  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:25:57pm

Gah! To work in Butterball PR. Usually it's just over dried vs. Undercooked.

11 Kronocide  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:27:41pm

re: #5 makeitstop

Pamz has a lifetime supply of Haterade.

12 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:28:04pm

what day is it?...can I eat oysters?

13 Atlas Fails  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:28:12pm
14 Page 3 in the Binder of Women  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:28:57pm

re: #12 albusteve

what day is it?...can I eat oysters?

Yes. Any month with an "R".

15 Dark_Falcon  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:32:36pm

re: #14 Stanley Sea

Yes. Any month with an "R".

So, no oysters from May through August, right?

16 Dark_Falcon  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:34:08pm

re: #8 makeitstop

Unless something comes along to piss 'em off tomorrow!

Tomorrow is Saturday, and the stars of Fox News aren't working that night. You need FNC to have a really good OUTRAGEOUS OUTRAGE!!!11.

17 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:34:25pm

re: #15 Dark_Falcon

So, no oysters from May through August, right?

okay men...fix calender dates and synchronize watches

18 Page 3 in the Binder of Women  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:34:30pm

re: #15 Dark_Falcon

So, no oysters from May through August, right?

Correct. The h2o is too warm. Restaurants won't tell you this. Who knows though we may have figured this out by now. I've known the saying/advice since being a kid.

19 SanFranciscoZionist  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:35:44pm

re: #2 albusteve

I want my Atheist Certified Turkey

Can you really taste whether the turkey was a believer or not?

20 Dark_Falcon  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:37:19pm

re: #18 Stanley Sea

What about Blue Points from Alaska? It's much colder up there, and I hear they can see Russia from their oyster beds.

21 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:38:53pm

re: #19 SanFranciscoZionist

Can you really taste whether the turkey was a believer or not?

not the point...God/Allah/Zeus/Thor/Bugs Bunny makes the rules and people fall in like zombies

22 makeitstop  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:38:55pm

OT: Despite the fights, pepper spraying, brawls and other dumbassery at their stores last night, Wal-Mart thinks they handled things pretty well.

Living in the USA in the 21st century is a surreal experience.

23 sagehen  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:39:23pm

re: #9 albusteve

Laugh if you must, but people who keep kosher never get food poisoning; they're at no risk of trichonosis, or berri-berri, they don't have to worry about red tide... even before there were such things as refrigerators and pasteurization.

Also, a house that Pesach prep rituals is vermin-free, which is why medieval Jewish villages didn't get plague when the Christians in the village down the road were dropping like flies.

24 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:40:40pm

re: #22 makeitstop

Living in the USA in the 21st century is a surreal experience.

"we only had one insignificant stocker stomped to death, a 50% improvement over last year...we are getting a handle on it"

25 Atlas Fails  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:41:11pm

re: #22 makeitstop

Living in the USA in the 21st century is a surreal experience.

I read a line somewhere (a Cracked article maybe?) that really made me laugh. The gist of it was that living in a small town means you are obligated to hate Wal-Mart and complain about them constantly, but also shop there once a week. So true.

26 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:41:33pm

re: #23 sagehen

two words...
medical science

27 Dark_Falcon  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:42:16pm

BBL

28 makeitstop  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:42:22pm

re: #25 Atlas Fails

I read a line somewhere (a Cracked article maybe?) that really made me laugh. The gist of it was living in a small town means you are obliged to hate Wal-Mart and complain about them constantly, but also shop there once a week. So true.

That's why I'm happy to live in a major metro area - I can bitch about Wal-Mart and have plenty of alternatives to having to shop there.

29 Page 3 in the Binder of Women  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:42:58pm

re: #20 Dark_Falcon

I'd try em. My only food poisoning (and it was bad) was from salsa. Live & learn!

30 WINDUPBIRD DISEASE [S.K.U.M.M.]  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:43:01pm

re: #22 makeitstop

Living in the USA in the 21st century is a surreal experience.

I'm so glad I don't have the consumerism bug, ecch

My brother does, always buying new furniture, always upgrading this and that

The best things in life are free, and that sometimes includes couches and xboxes :D

31 Killgore Trout  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:43:04pm

re: #22 makeitstop

Living in the USA in the 21st century is a surreal experience.

Maybe we should start to think of Black Friday as an American version of the Running of the Bulls or gladiator fights. Sure it's a barbaric spectacle but maybe that's the whole point.

32 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:43:41pm

re: #28 makeitstop

when Wa-Mart becomes a life style, you're doomed...it's a fucking store

33 WINDUPBIRD DISEASE [S.K.U.M.M.]  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:43:58pm

re: #28 makeitstop

Wal-Mart is handy when it's the middle of the night (oh god, we need windshield wipers and bungee cables) that's the only time I ever go, usually once a year or so :D

34 Page 3 in the Binder of Women  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:45:30pm

re: #33 WindUpBird

Ah, burning man prep, or just another Saturday night.

35 makeitstop  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:46:19pm

re: #30 WindUpBird

I'm so glad I don't have the consumerism bug, ecch

My brother does, always buying new furniture, always upgrading this and that

Oh, we buy new stuff all the time. I'm always getting some new piece of gear, and my wife does her share of consuming, too.

We just try to do it in non-big-box local stores whenever we can. :)

36 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:46:45pm

re: #33 WindUpBird

I go there to stalk sexy looking grandmothers

37 WINDUPBIRD DISEASE [S.K.U.M.M.]  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:47:06pm

re: #34 Stanley Sea

Ah, burning man prep, or just another Saturday night.

one time was burning man prep! There was another time I needed to drive to Seattle and I needed stuff, and didn't get out of the house until 1am *_*

38 sagehen  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:47:42pm

re: #26 albusteve

two words...
medical science

Which would be sufficient, if the USDA had enough inspectors. How many recalls have there been in recent years? The spinach, the hamburger, the tomatoes, etc etc etc, there's e coli all over the place.

This week, it's salmonella peanut butter and lysteria mnoocytogenes cantaloupe.

39 windsagio  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:48:19pm

Isn't halal essentially indistinguishable from kosher?

40 Amory Blaine  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:48:51pm

re: #2 albusteve

I want my Atheist Certified Turkey

Not all turkeys are athiests but all athiests are turkeys.

j/k ;P

41 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:49:18pm

re: #39 windsagio

Isn't halal essentially indistinguishable from kosher?

as for craziness...no,
both are nutty

42 windsagio  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:50:04pm

also, I don't think kosherness particularly protects you from thiamine deficiency, but maybe I"m missing something :p

43 WINDUPBIRD DISEASE [S.K.U.M.M.]  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:50:23pm

re: #35 makeitstop

We just try to do it in non-big-box local stores whenever we can. :)

I never buy new gear ^_^; always ebay or craigslist!

Right now my goal is getting expenses down to almost nothing, because I'm self employed, and living uber-cheap means I get to work less/save more!

44 sagehen  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:50:33pm

re: #39 windsagio

Isn't halal essentially indistinguishable from kosher?

The ritual words are the only difference for butchering red meat and poultry; halal is more permissive than kosher for street vendors, mixing meat and dairy, and which seafood are allowable.

45 Atlas Fails  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:51:09pm

re: #39 windsagio

Isn't halal essentially indistinguishable from kosher?

No, because teh Mooslims cast spells on it!!!1!

Sorry. The two are very similar and derive from the same origin, but halal products are blessed with an Islamic prayer.

46 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:51:19pm

re: #43 WindUpBird

I never buy new gear ^_^; always ebay or craigslist!

you well do it too...good for you

47 Page 3 in the Binder of Women  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:52:12pm

re: #39 windsagio

I need help w/aim. New acct set up. I think....

48 makeitstop  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:52:43pm

re: #43 WindUpBird

I never buy new gear ^_^; always ebay or craigslist!

Well, by 'new' I don't always mean new. I like buying off CL, but have never bought a thing off eBay ever.

I do like window-shopping on eBay, though. :)

49 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:53:12pm

re: #45 Atlas Fails

right...bless this vodka and may it flow freely for all eternity...and put some mustard on that ham sandwich please

50 windsagio  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:53:23pm

re: #41 albusteve

its not even awesome as those festivals in Japan where they put 10,000 origami boats in a river.

51 windsagio  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:53:36pm

re: #47 Stanley Sea

hmm, what's the problem? (also new computer finally? yay :D)

52 SanFranciscoZionist  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:53:52pm

re: #36 albusteve

I go there to stalk sexy looking grandmothers

You're gonna get pepper-sprayed, dude.

53 windsagio  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:54:05pm

re: #43 WindUpBird

buying music gear new seems kind of like buying a car new.

54 Page 3 in the Binder of Women  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:55:27pm

re: #51 windsagio

hmm, what's the problem? (also new computer finally? yay :D)

iPad even better! Signed up for aim app, different name, can't find ya or anyone. Help! lame!

55 makeitstop  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:56:08pm

re: #53 windsagio

buying music gear new seems kind of like buying a car new.

I bought a new guitar last week - but only because if I tried to buy an old version of what I bought it would have cost 15-20 times what I paid for the new one.

In this case, buying new was the frugal thing to do. :)

56 windsagio  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:56:50pm

re: #54 Stanley Sea

my nick is spelled with a 'y' for various reasons (namely that somebody presumably me took my name), so try searching for 'wyndsagio', or get me your acct name somehow :D

57 windsagio  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:57:09pm

re: #55 makeitstop

In this case, buying new was the frugal thing to do. :)

my mind... has been blown.

58 WINDUPBIRD DISEASE [S.K.U.M.M.]  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:57:34pm

re: #48 makeitstop

I do like window-shopping on eBay, though. :)

Ebay is a dream if you need a Specific Bit of Computer Hardware That is Old

I haven't been hozed too many times on ebay, just a couple small things. My $200 tablet PC was my favorite ebay find *_*

I don't really consider music gear to be consumerism if you'r eusing :D it's a tool for making things, like art supplies, or computer gear for work, right?

59 makeitstop  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:57:46pm

re: #57 windsagio

my mind... has been blown.

Glad to help!

60 windsagio  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:57:46pm

more oldtimey religious ceremonies need to be like this:

61 WINDUPBIRD DISEASE [S.K.U.M.M.]  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:58:07pm

re: #55 makeitstop

In this case, buying new was the frugal thing to do. :)

Les Pauls are a special case! :D

62 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:58:24pm

re: #55 makeitstop

I bought a new guitar last week - but only because i I tried to buy an old version of what I bought it would have cost 15-20 times what I paid or the new one.

In this case, buying new was the frugal thing to do. :)

Diddley Bow not good enough for you?

63 Amory Blaine  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 3:58:31pm

J-200 is my dream.

64 WINDUPBIRD DISEASE [S.K.U.M.M.]  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:00:06pm

re: #57 windsagio

my mind... has been blown.

vintage guitars *_*

it'd be wasted on me, I just have something with frets that makes noise that I can feed through effects and a guitar synth (Roland GR-1 baby!) :D

65 makeitstop  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:00:23pm

re: #58 WindUpBird

So true. Some friends of mine go to great pains not to let any harm come to their guitars, and they think I'm nuts because I don't get upset if my stuff gets dinged up.

It's the cost of doing business AFAIC.

66 SanFranciscoZionist  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:00:45pm

re: #39 windsagio

Isn't halal essentially indistinguishable from kosher?

No, but the slaughter process is very similar. Even that isn't entirely indistinguishable, since there are different requirements for the knife, and some other issues. Both systems focus on killing the animal swiftly through exsanguination.

Many Sunnis accept kosher slaughter as rendering meat halal; Shiites and other Sunnis don't. Jews don't accept halal as kosher. Beyond the slaughter issue, there are specific butchering requirements for kashrut, and in terms of preparation and similar issues, some things are fairly different. Halal permits milk and dairy to be mixed, and keeping those two apart is one the major issues of kashrut, for example.

Clearly related systems, though.

67 windsagio  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:01:09pm

re: #64 WindUpBird

speaking of mind being blown, I just for the first time yesterday saw that clip of Nirvana opening "Smells like Teen Spirit" with "More than a Feeling"

68 WINDUPBIRD DISEASE [S.K.U.M.M.]  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:01:28pm

re: #67 windsagio

what

69 WINDUPBIRD DISEASE [S.K.U.M.M.]  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:01:58pm

re: #65 makeitstop

It's the cost of doing business AFAIC.

Mine is covered with paint splatters because I forgot it was next to my easel, hah :D

70 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:02:32pm

re: #67 windsagio

sorry about that...you should recover fine tho

71 makeitstop  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:02:46pm

re: #62 albusteve

Diddley Bow not good enough for you?

Steve, if I had the money I'd love to grab an ancient guitar or ten.

I could easily empty my bank account with the prices on vintage stuff nowadays. 'Through the roof' doesn't begin to describe it.

72 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:03:15pm

re: #69 WindUpBird

the stuff of legend!

73 windsagio  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:04:48pm

re: #68 WindUpBird

can't find the video now of them doing both, but here's them doing the first part.

edited with the full clip, found it.

74 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:05:15pm

re: #71 makeitstop

Steve, if I had the money I'd love to grab an ancient guitar or ten.

a few weeks ago I visited the Delta Blues Museum in Clarkesdale Miss...some really fine old guitars there, used by the old time masters

75 Page 3 in the Binder of Women  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:06:45pm

Lol, love my iPad, cept for that pesky flash thingy.

Pesky my ass, was that the battle royale between Jobs and the flash guy? I'm just guessing that is the origin.

76 windsagio  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:07:38pm

re: #75 Stanley Sea

Lol, love my iPad, cept for that pesky flash thingy.

my best guess is that Apple always wants full control over everything and they coudln't stand that Flash was out of their hands.

Edit: I should add this isn't just criticism, there are definite advantages to the control it gives people.

77 makeitstop  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:07:56pm

re: #74 albusteve

I'd love to see that place.

Billy Gibbons had a lot to do with getting that place of the ground. The man has respect for where his music came from.

78 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:11:35pm

re: #77 makeitstop

I'd love to see that place.

yeah he did...good eye...
I love that area...I drive around, smoke some pot, drink some whiskey, stop and talk to folks...it's another world down there and when you learn the history, you can feel the vibe...there is a mystique that I notice, it's a very quiet, lonely place

79 Killgore Trout  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:17:39pm

The Arctic Circle

80 Feline Emperor of the Conservative Waste  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:20:54pm

re: #25 Atlas Fails

Is there a rule regarding buying and drinking Bud Light Lime there as well?

81 Kragar  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:26:46pm

They're lying. Pam has to be right. I looked up Turkey on the internet and saw it was in the Middle East.

82 Our Precious Bodily Fluids  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:35:50pm

re: #75 Stanley Sea

Lol, love my iPad, cept for that pesky flash thingy.

I don't own any Apple devices, but when I'm using Windows or any Linux box with a GUI, chances are good that if my web browser crashed it was because Flash exploded.

Also this, which should have ceased around 1998 or so but somehow didn't:

Image: 7.png

83 makeitstop  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:37:08pm

I've got a week off from my paying gig, so I'm going out to play some music for the fun of it tonight. Everyone have a great evening!

84 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:47:36pm

blues
Crow Jane
Derek Trucks

85 SanFranciscoZionist  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 4:59:38pm

re: #81 Kragar (Proud to be Kafir)

One of the reasons this makes more sense than the previous story is something people brought up earlier--kosher meat is more expensive, because it's more labor-intensive to produce. It makes no sense that Butterball would either raise prices and lose business, or eat the cost difference, to bring halal turkey to customers who don't give a damn, and won't want to pay the extra.

86 William of Orange  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:01:36pm

Now let's hope she gets sued into oblivion for libel. That'll teach her!

I'm wondering though. At the start of the Rachel Maddow Show clip there's a commercial for Iams. I asked myself, is that dogfood Halal?

87 William of Orange  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:08:29pm

wrong topic.

88 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:09:07pm

My dad really worked me and two of my nephews today. We split and delivered five full truck-loads of firewood today to a needy family. I'm supposed to feel good. I don't. Can't lift my arms.

Before you think I'm being all "braggy braggy" about doing a good deed. I was forced to do it by my mean Kim Jong-il dad. He's the good deed doer. I'm just the unpaid forced labor.

Seriously. My cramps are having spasms.

89 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:09:33pm

Groanin the Blues
Clapton on the BBC....
shred

90 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:10:02pm

re: #87 William of Orange

wrong topic.

to heavy

91 Varek Raith  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:10:39pm

re: #88 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

Seriously. My cramps are having spasms.

15 miles in the snow!

92 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:12:00pm

re: #91 Varek Raith

15 miles in the snow!

one way!

93 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:15:21pm

re: #92 albusteve

one way!

UPHILL.

West Virginia. Seriously. Uphill, both ways.

94 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:16:16pm

re: #93 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

UPHILL.

West Virginia. Seriously. Uphill both ways.

that just gives me the blues....

95 Varek Raith  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:17:20pm

re: #93 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

UPHILL.

West Virginia. Seriously. Uphill both ways.

At least you didn't get stuck shopping.
Did you?
:P

96 Digital Display  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:17:30pm

All my bags are packed..I'm ready to go..
Yup i have the 7am wakeup call and I'm heading back to Oklahoma...
I'll be back in a few weeks for Christmas...
How is everyone?

97 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:18:11pm

re: #96 HoosierHoops

How's the family? Was thinking about you yesterday, ya big lug.

98 Varek Raith  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:20:06pm

re: #96 HoosierHoops

All my bags are packed..I'm ready to go..
Yup i have the 7am wakeup call and I'm heading back to Oklahoma...
I'll be back in a few weeks for Christmas...
How is everyone?

Driving?
Sounds...
Fun.

99 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:21:24pm

re: #95 Varek Raith

Nope. And fortunately we had all kinds of tools that make it easier. Bulldozer, dump truck, chain saws, and a log-splitter on the back of a tractor.

Still, we were at it for over nine hours non-stop.

100 Killgore Trout  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:22:48pm

#don't Occupy my vision
Woman erects huge painting to block her view of encampment

...Heather Thorson erected an 8-by-15-foot canvas painting at the western edge of the park to block her view of the encampment.

On Tuesday, police told Thorson she would have to take the painting down because she did not have a permit.

“I put it there so that when I look out my window I do not see people sleeping in the park,” Thorson said.

The self-employed businesswoman does not disagree with the protesters, who object to Wall Street banks and mortgage companies enriching themselves at the expense of middle-class taxpayers. “I understand where they are coming from. I believe we need to change things. But I do not believe that my tax dollars should pay for police to deal with (the protesters). They should have to go home (at night) and not be allowed to sleep in the park,” Thorson said
...
On Tuesday morning, Thorson said she got a call on her cell phone while attending a college course in Vallejo that her painting was being taken down. “When I came home, the police asked why I put it up. I said that (the protesters) shouldn't have to occupy my vision every single day.

101 Digital Display  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:23:00pm

re: #97 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

How's the family? Was thinking about you yesterday, ya big lug.

Thanks Veggie...Pops is really sick..It's sad all around.. It was nice seeing my kids and hanging out with them...Home..

102 Varek Raith  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:23:17pm

re: #99 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

Still, we were at it for over nine hours non-stop.

I tried to split a log the old fashioned way once.
I hurt myself.
XD

103 ozbloke  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:24:23pm

Hope you all had a happy thanksgiving...

Ian Moss Bow River Live HD

104 Varek Raith  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:26:47pm

I made turkey noodle soup with the leftover cutlets.
First attempt to make soup from scratch.
Turned out okay.

105 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:26:57pm

re: #99 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

Still, we were at it for over nine hours non-stop.

I got those wood choppin blues

106 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:27:27pm

re: #102 Varek Raith

I tried to split a log the old fashioned way once.
I hurt myself.
XD

My smart-ass older brother came out with an axe and started splitting wood with it. Saying, "Look how much faster this is."

I kept using the hydraulic splitter... just time consuming and a lot of bending and lifting and holding... but not tiresome at all. Five minutes later, he stopped then walked back to the garage where he was fixing mechanical stuff. My nephew grabbed the axe and started swinging. I just kept on. They (within fifteen minutes) were destroyed.

I had been using the hydraulic splitter for two and a half hours and hadn't broken a sweat.

107 WINDUPBIRD DISEASE [S.K.U.M.M.]  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:28:47pm

re: #100 Killgore Trout

sadly, you can't erect a painting to hide 10% unemployment

14%..
15%...

16%...

20%...

108 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:29:16pm

re: #100 Killgore Trout

Tell that woman that it is supposed to be inconvenient for it to be effective.

109 WINDUPBIRD DISEASE [S.K.U.M.M.]  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:30:24pm

tax dollars spent to bail out unregulated and monstrous financial institutions and yet still they keep wanting more money = no problem!

110 SanFranciscoZionist  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:31:21pm

re: #108 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

Tell that woman that it is supposed to be inconvenient for it to be effective.

If it's inconvenient, that's how you can tell it's working!

111 Daniel Ballard  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:32:12pm

re: #100 Killgore Trout

Heh. Maybe Occupy can buy her some new drapes.

112 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:33:30pm

I've erected a painted dome over Ft Willow.....smelly riff raff OWS deadbeats are down in ABQ pitching tents...please ring for service

113 WINDUPBIRD DISEASE [S.K.U.M.M.]  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:34:00pm

punch hippies, gillible america!

Pay no attention to your medicare sitch ya wayshun

114 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:34:30pm

I got the OWS blues...

115 Digital Display  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:35:03pm

re: #109 WindUpBird

Remember in the movie Wall Street when Gordon Geko said Greed is good?
I always cringed.. Greed is never good...Making money is fine..
But greed is an attitude and never a guiding light...

116 Killgore Trout  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:36:15pm

re: #107 WindUpBird

sadly, you can't erect a painting to hide 10% unemployment

14%..
15%...

16%...

20%...

Apparently you can't erect a painting to hide hippies without a permit. Duly noted and I'll adjust my plans accordingly.

117 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:37:10pm

re: #116 Killgore Trout

free speech!

118 Killgore Trout  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:37:40pm

re: #117 albusteve

free speech!

Hippie!
Where's mah pepper spray?

119 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:41:13pm

re: #118 Killgore Trout

Hippie!
Where's mah pepper spray?

ahh!...Zuccotti Park...so yesteryear...
AmIdol is on in ten minutes

120 prairiefire  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:42:29pm

re: #103 ozbloke

Hope you all had a happy thanksgiving...

Ian Moss Bow River Live HD

[Video]

Hello, Oz!

121 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:42:49pm

where are all the OWS poodles?....they were fun

122 albusteve  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 5:44:58pm

the good old days come and go so fast now...remember the OWS flame wars?

123 Lidane  Fri, Nov 25, 2011 6:06:32pm

What I love the most about this stealth jihad turkey fail is that Pam Geller did more to discredit her own image than every blog post pointing out her obvious bigotry ever could.

She will now forever be known as the crazy bigoted lady who whined about stealth Islamist turkeys bringing jihad to the Thanksgiving table. She's turned herself into a national joke, just like Orly Taitz, and it was an entirely self-inflicted wound.

124 Lord Baron Viscount Duke Earl Count Planckton  Sat, Nov 26, 2011 1:51:19am

re: #23 sagehen

Laugh if you must, but people who keep kosher never get food poisoning;

Why do you say that? What do you base that on?

[Link: www.lohud.com...]

Kosher chicken livers that have sickened at least 56 people in New York City have also been sold at four establishments in Rockland.

The broiled chicken livers were produced by MealMart Company in Maspeth, N.Y., and sold to numerous establishments in the metropolitan area that carry kosher food, the New York City Department of Health said Wednesday.

[Link: health.usnews.com...]

"Jews aren't allowed to ingest bugs, so produce must go through a thorough washing and checking to ensure that no bugs are found within the leaves or on the surface of the fruit or vegetable," says Moshe Elefant, a rabbi and chief operating officer of the Orthodox Union KOSHER, a kosher certification organization based in New York. But bacteria can remain even after this type of washing, so consumers can't assume they're less likely to get food poisoning with bagged spinach marked kosher than with a conventional bag.
The same caveat applies to poultry and beef. A salting process that removes blood from the meat has antibacterial effects, but salmonella and E. coli can still survive, says Joe Regenstein, a professor of food science who teaches a course on Jewish and Muslim food laws at Cornell University.

Let's face it, in the modern world kosher and halal are irrational vestiges of ancient times.

125 docproto48  Sat, Nov 26, 2011 7:02:16am

re: #124 Sergey Romanov

Why do you say that? What do you base that on?

As is fear and hatred of either

126 Lord Baron Viscount Duke Earl Count Planckton  Sat, Nov 26, 2011 7:05:55am

re: #125 proto87

As is fear and hatred of either

That mostly seems to be the case, yes.

Not necessarily all of it. I can understand if someone truly feels that these are not humane methods of slaughter, and doesn't just use them as a cudgel against Jews and Muslims - although then the efficacy of alternatives must be addressed, as well as the whole situation with raising and slaughtering animals.

127 docproto48  Sat, Nov 26, 2011 7:06:39am

kind of analogous to being petrified of a hex, curse or a kids show about a wizard

Jack Klatt - Highway Lines (Live at Radio Heartland)Jack Klatt performs 'Highway Lines' from his 2019 album, 'It Ain't The Same,' live in the studio of Radio Heartland at The Current.
Brittany Howard Performing ‘13th Century Metal’ Live on KCRW Brittany Howard's solo debut album Jaime puts her powerhouse vocals on full display. It also takes us front and center to her very personal journey of loss, love and self-discovery. We're thrilled to welcome her back to KCRW to ...
(15) Rodrigo Y Gabriela - Electric Soul (Live on KEXP) kexp.org presents Rodrigo y Gabriela performing "Electric Soul" live in the KEXP gathering space. Recorded July 14, 2019. Host: Stevie ZoomAudio Engineers: Kessiah Gordon & Kevin SuggsAudio Mixer: David MarchantCameras: Jim Beckmann, Alaia D'Alessandro, Luke Knecht & Justin WIlmoreEditor: ...
Fresh Air (Remastered) Quicksilver Messenger Service Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group Fresh Air (Remastered) · Quicksilver Messenger Service Classic Masters ℗ 2001 Capitol Records, LLC Released on: 2007-01-01 Producer: Quicksilver Messenger ServiceStudio Personnel, Mastering Engineer: Robert VosgienComposer: Jesse Oris Farrow Auto-generated by YouTube. ...
Jon Anderson - Song of SevenFrom the 1980 album "Song of Seven".
#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 191006 Today we have to take a few steps back in explanation. The pond is going to have three levels. Sort of an upside down ziggurat. The lowest level, in the center we call ‘the channel’. After the liner is ...
DangerMan
Jon Anderson - Change We MustFrom the 1994 album "Change We Must".
1 week, 1 day ago
North Mississippi Allstars - ‘Drunk Outdoors’ [Audio Only]From the album 'Up and Rolling,' available October 4, 2019: geni.us
1 week, 1 day ago
Dr. Demento & John Cafiero - What’s in My Bag? Dr. Demento and John Cafiero go shopping at Amoeba Music in Los Angeles. Check out their picks:Cal Stewart - Uncle Josh's Letter from Home (78) Spike Jones - Ugga Ugga Boo Ugga Boo Boo Ugga (78) Johnny Otis Orchestra ...
2 weeks ago
Kelly Finnigan & the Atonements - I Don’t Wanna Wait (Live on KEXP) kexp.org presents Kelly Finnigan & The Atonements performing "I Don't Wanna Wait" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded July 11, 2019. Host: MorganAudio Engineer: Julian MartlewCameras: Jim Beckmann, Alaia D'Alessandro, Luke Knecht & Justin WilmoreEditor: Scott Holpainen kexp.orgkellyfinnigan.com ...
2 weeks ago