Wednesday Night Open

Open • Views: 21,908

Here’s one of those simple, no-frills open threads. Oh okay, I’ll throw in a fun video:

Youtube Video

I shot a little video every day of 2011 on my Canon Powershot, then I edited it all down to a little over a second each. It’s interesting to be able to look back on my year and remember these little moments. I love living in LA. I love the friends I’ve made. And I love seeing how much has changed over just one year being here. Sure, I guess now that I see it, I got sick and worked a lot this year (lots of driving, running around doing errands all day). But oh well, it’s motivation for 2012!

All My Friends - LCD Soundsystem

1 Dark_Falcon  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:39:58pm

Remember, folks: This is a primetime open thread, not a private thread. So remember to keep your pants on.

2 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:40:54pm

Tom Brady is a God.

3 Political Atheist  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:43:05pm

re: #1 Dark_Falcon

Lounge private thread… That has been a while huh?

4 Dark_Falcon  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:43:25pm

re: #2 _RememberTonyC

Tom Brady is a God.

No, but he’s a damn fine quarterback who’s still got It. By the time he’d finished on Saturday, the bell was ringing non-stop for Denver, because Tebow and the Broncos got schooled.

5 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:44:35pm

re: #4 Dark_Falcon

He must be a God … He is married to a Goddess and his talent is otherworldly …

6 Mostly sane, most of the time.  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:44:51pm

re: #3 Rightwingconspirator

Lounge private thread… That has been a while huh?

Probably because I kept eating all the best snacks out of the clubhouse fridge.

7 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:45:46pm

re: #6 EmmmieG

Probably because I kept eating all the best snacks out of the clubhouse fridge.

And then there that really loud belching …

8 EdDantes  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:46:22pm

re: #2 _RememberTonyC

Tom Brady is a God.

Tom Brady is a demigod. Peyton Manning is almighty (except for that neck thing.)

9 Mostly sane, most of the time.  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:46:40pm

re: #7 _RememberTonyC

And then there that really loud belching …

I told you I thought I was the only one here.

10 Targetpractice  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:46:40pm

re: #1 Dark_Falcon

What if I put on a bath robe, is it cool?

11 Dark_Falcon  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:47:18pm

re: #5 _RememberTonyC

He must be a God … He is married to a Goddess and his talent is otherworldly …

If both teams make the Superbowl again, the Giants defense will bring him down to Earth.

Of course, that will simply make _RememberTonyC hate New York even more.

12 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:47:22pm

re: #9 EmmmieG

I told you I thought I was the only one here.

Buuuuuuuurrrrppppppp

13 Political Atheist  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:48:17pm

re: #6 EmmmieG

Well I’ll volunteer at the bar next time we have one. Those were my favorite threads sometimes.

14 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:48:24pm

re: #11 Dark_Falcon

Of course, that will simply make _RememberTonyC hate New York even more.

Oh hell … I am praying for a rematch with the Giants … That will be awesome!

15 EdDantes  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:49:25pm

re: #14 _RememberTonyC

Oh hell … I am praying for a rematch with the Giants … That will be awesome!

The best match up possible.

16 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:50:11pm

re: #15 EdDantes

The best match up possible.

NBC is praying for it too …

17 EdDantes  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:50:35pm

Ravens and 49’er? I’ll pass.

18 Mostly sane, most of the time.  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:51:49pm

re: #17 EdDantes

Ravens and 49’er? I’ll pass.

Watch a game by the Ravens?

Nevermore.

(Actually, I don’t watch sports, so it’s nevernevernevermore.)

19 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:52:50pm

The Pats and Giants both have nationwide followings … That means an even bigger TV rating for the SB … 25 years ago, SF did too, but not any more.

20 Dark_Falcon  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:54:08pm

re: #19 _RememberTonyC

Well, give Harbaugh a few years and he may build some of that following back.

21 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:57:09pm

re: #20 Dark_Falcon

Well, give Harbaugh a few years and he may build some of that following back.

He is a good coach … And a Michigan Man.

22 Mostly sane, most of the time.  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:59:40pm
23 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:01:16pm

Got this for Christmas from my best friend.

Didn’t see him at his house until the other day.

AIN’T IT ADORABLE!?!?

I can’t wait to wear it!

24 EdDantes  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:01:20pm

re: #20 Dark_Falcon

I grudgingly give him that. I have nothing a against Harbaugh, but I still remember the shabby treatment Montana got by the 49’s after he came back from his injury in ‘92.

25 Dark_Falcon  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:02:43pm

It’s a pity Killgore logged off: Tonight is the episode of Law & Order: SVU where the ‘Occupy’ crowd plays a supporting role. Many of those extras were actual OWS protesters too.

26 Dark_Falcon  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:04:06pm

re: #24 EdDantes

True, but pehaps Harbaugh can with time redeem that. 20 years have gone by, and most of the current players have little to no memory of 1992.

27 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:04:55pm

re: #24 EdDantes

What Peyton’s probably gonna see.

28 EdDantes  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:09:49pm

re: #27 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

What Peyton’s probably gonna see.

Indeed.If that happens I hope he goes to another team and then eviscerates his former team the way Montana did with with his first meeting with 49’ers.

29 Stanley Sea  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:10:43pm

re: #22 EmmmieG

[Link: icanhascheezburger.com…]

Excellent!!!!! Do you remember the website darth posted! Oatmeal something?

30 Stanley Sea  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:11:52pm

re: #29 Stanley Sea

Excellent!!! Do you remember the website darth posted! Oatmeal something?

Found it!

31 SanFranciscoZionist  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:13:00pm

re: #23 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

Got this for Christmas from my best friend.

Didn’t see him at his house until the other day.

AIN’T IT ADORABLE!?!?

I can’t wait to wear it!

That is adorable. What color is yours?

32 SanFranciscoZionist  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:13:37pm

re: #29 Stanley Sea

Excellent!!! Do you remember the website darth posted! Oatmeal something?

The Oatmeal.

theoatmeal.com

33 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:16:19pm

re: #28 EdDantes

The Colts are obligated to pay him (IIRC) $28,000,000.00 for this year.

34 Vicious Babushka  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:16:39pm

I thought “Ship of Fail” was a meme before Costa Concordia. But I have not seen any updated images or blog posts for SHIP OF FAIL that mention Concordia. Well except for my blog which mentions SHIP OF FAIL in a completely different context.

35 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:17:36pm

re: #31 SanFranciscoZionist

That is adorable. What color is yours?

It’s the urban outfitters version… stonewashed red…

Was going to post their version, but it’s sold out and you really have to work to see it.

36 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:19:09pm

re: #34 Alouette

I heard today that the captain claimed that he “tripped and fell into the lifeboat”.

That’s some funny shit right there.

The whole thing is tragic… but… “tripped and fell into the lifeboat”?

37 SanFranciscoZionist  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:22:22pm

Guys, how do you embed a YouTube video on Blogger? I’m going crazy here.

38 SanFranciscoZionist  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:23:34pm

re: #37 SanFranciscoZionist

Guys, how do you embed a YouTube video on Blogger? I’m going crazy here.

Nevermind. I got it.

39 Glenn Beck's Grand Unifying Theory of Obdicut  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:23:57pm

re: #38 SanFranciscoZionist

How was the brief spate of insanity?

40 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:26:35pm

[Link: news.yahoo.com…]

In case you haven’t seen this.

Again. It is tragic.

But this guy’s just Captain Coward!

41 EdDantes  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:26:59pm

re: #33 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

The Colts are obligated to pay him (IIRC) $28,000,000.00 for this year.

I think that is if the re sign him. But I’m not sure.

42 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:28:26pm

Mark my words … Peyton Manning will end up on the NY Jets.

43 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:31:23pm

Barack Obama has earned my respect, but Joe Biden is still a tool

[Link: sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com…]

44 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:33:21pm

re: #42 _RememberTonyC

Mark my words … Peyton Manning will end up on the NY Jets.

Ooh! I hadn’t heard that possibility.

45 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:36:44pm

re: #44 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

Ooh! I hadn’t heard that possibility.

The Jets are going to be desperate next year, especially if one of its two arch rivals (Pats, Giants) wins the SB. Sanchez isn’t the guy and their team isn’t getting any younger. Only a few teams can use Peyton and he won’t go somewhere he has no chance to win. So the Jets make perfect sense.

46 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:38:22pm
47 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:40:51pm

re: #43 _RememberTonyC

You gotta love the guy.

48 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:43:07pm

re: #46 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

Rob Lowe sez you’re wrong.”

Rob Lowe was good on Californication playing a really bizarre actor. Wait … that wasn’t acting …

49 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:47:21pm

re: #48 _RememberTonyC

His character on “Parks and Rec” is hysterical, and dead on.

50 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 8:02:19pm

re: #49 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

His character on “Parks and Rec” is hysterical, and dead on.

He’s a good one …. Gotta run! Have a good night

NRA & Trump Treason: Maria Butina Pleads Guilty, Flips on Them All the shoes appear to be dropping now. Maria Butina, the Russian "sparrow" who infiltrated the NRA with the assistance of dimwitted, horny GOP operatives, has now plead guilty and is cooperating with the Mueller investigation. Prosecutors in their ...
Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)
Day After Neo-Nazi Is Convicted of Murder, Associates of a Violent Skinhead Group Charged With Hate Crimes Travis David Condor, a member of the band Birthrite and head of hate-music record label American Defense Records, was among nine people arrested at a bar in Lynwood, Washington, early Saturday morning. The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office said in ...
Embattled Washington Rep. Matt Shea Is Skirting State Law to Funnel Campaign Funds to Far-Right Groups Shea uses his office and campaign funds to spearhead a partitionist effort to split Washington into two states, and may have violated state laws by using surplus campaign funds to make at least $5,500 in contributions to far-right nonprofit ...
The Outer Worlds - Official Announcement Trailer Watch the official announcement trailer for The Outer Worlds, a new single-player first-person sci-fi RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division. In The Outer Worlds, you awake from hibernation on a colonist ship that was lost in transit to ...
The Umbrella Academy When it rains, it pours. Here's your first look at The Umbrella Academy. Coming to Netflix February 15. A dysfunctional family of superheroes comes together to solve the mystery of their father's death, the threat of the apocalypse and ...
Elvis Costello & the Imposters - Suspect My Tears The new deluxe album ‘Look Now’ out now, order here: elviscostello.lnk.to Explore more music from Elvis Costello: lnk.to Follow Elvis Costello:Facebook: facebook.comInstagram: instagram.comTwitter: twitter.comWebsite: elviscostello.com Director & Original Story - MustashrikExecutive Production - Whitney JacksonProduced by Partizan VFX Supervisor ...
VULFPECK /// Half of the Way (Feat. Theo Katzman) VULFPECK /// Half of the Waybuy on bandcamp → vuuulf.com Theo Katzman — vocalsLarry Goldings — piano, composerRyan Lerman — guitar, composer, engineerJoey Dosik — saxWoody Goss — tambourineJack Stratton — drums, mixingJoe Dart — fender bassCory Wong — ...
Storyhill - Blazing Out of Sight (Live at Radio Heartland)Storyhill perform "Blazing Out of Sight," from their 2007 self-titled album as well from the 2018 compilation, "Stages," live at Radio Heartland.
How Smooth Jazz Took Over the ’90s You should give smooth jazz a chance. Subscribe to our channel! goo.gl Smooth jazz has gotten a bad rap for decades. It’s often associated with background music for elevators or the soundtrack at the dentist office. Smooth jazz is ...
Feds Target Butina’s GOP Boyfriend as Foreign Agent Paul Erickson, a longtime Republican politico whose Russian girlfriend is in jail on charges she acted as a covert foreign agent, has been informed that he may face similar accusations. The Daily Beast reviewed a so-called “target letter” that ...