Wednesday Night Open

Open • Views: 21,654

Here’s one of those simple, no-frills open threads. Oh okay, I’ll throw in a fun video:

Youtube Video

I shot a little video every day of 2011 on my Canon Powershot, then I edited it all down to a little over a second each. It’s interesting to be able to look back on my year and remember these little moments. I love living in LA. I love the friends I’ve made. And I love seeing how much has changed over just one year being here. Sure, I guess now that I see it, I got sick and worked a lot this year (lots of driving, running around doing errands all day). But oh well, it’s motivation for 2012!

All My Friends - LCD Soundsystem

1 Dark_Falcon  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:39:58pm

Remember, folks: This is a primetime open thread, not a private thread. So remember to keep your pants on.

2 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:40:54pm

Tom Brady is a God.

3 Political Atheist  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:43:05pm

re: #1 Dark_Falcon

Lounge private thread… That has been a while huh?

4 Dark_Falcon  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:43:25pm

re: #2 _RememberTonyC

Tom Brady is a God.

No, but he’s a damn fine quarterback who’s still got It. By the time he’d finished on Saturday, the bell was ringing non-stop for Denver, because Tebow and the Broncos got schooled.

5 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:44:35pm

re: #4 Dark_Falcon

He must be a God … He is married to a Goddess and his talent is otherworldly …

6 Mostly sane, most of the time.  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:44:51pm

re: #3 Rightwingconspirator

Lounge private thread… That has been a while huh?

Probably because I kept eating all the best snacks out of the clubhouse fridge.

7 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:45:46pm

re: #6 EmmmieG

Probably because I kept eating all the best snacks out of the clubhouse fridge.

And then there that really loud belching …

8 EdDantes  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:46:22pm

re: #2 _RememberTonyC

Tom Brady is a God.

Tom Brady is a demigod. Peyton Manning is almighty (except for that neck thing.)

9 Mostly sane, most of the time.  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:46:40pm

re: #7 _RememberTonyC

And then there that really loud belching …

I told you I thought I was the only one here.

10 Targetpractice  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:46:40pm

re: #1 Dark_Falcon

What if I put on a bath robe, is it cool?

11 Dark_Falcon  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:47:18pm

re: #5 _RememberTonyC

He must be a God … He is married to a Goddess and his talent is otherworldly …

If both teams make the Superbowl again, the Giants defense will bring him down to Earth.

Of course, that will simply make _RememberTonyC hate New York even more.

12 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:47:22pm

re: #9 EmmmieG

I told you I thought I was the only one here.

Buuuuuuuurrrrppppppp

13 Political Atheist  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:48:17pm

re: #6 EmmmieG

Well I’ll volunteer at the bar next time we have one. Those were my favorite threads sometimes.

14 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:48:24pm

re: #11 Dark_Falcon

Of course, that will simply make _RememberTonyC hate New York even more.

Oh hell … I am praying for a rematch with the Giants … That will be awesome!

15 EdDantes  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:49:25pm

re: #14 _RememberTonyC

Oh hell … I am praying for a rematch with the Giants … That will be awesome!

The best match up possible.

16 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:50:11pm

re: #15 EdDantes

The best match up possible.

NBC is praying for it too …

17 EdDantes  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:50:35pm

Ravens and 49’er? I’ll pass.

18 Mostly sane, most of the time.  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:51:49pm

re: #17 EdDantes

Ravens and 49’er? I’ll pass.

Watch a game by the Ravens?

Nevermore.

(Actually, I don’t watch sports, so it’s nevernevernevermore.)

19 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:52:50pm

The Pats and Giants both have nationwide followings … That means an even bigger TV rating for the SB … 25 years ago, SF did too, but not any more.

20 Dark_Falcon  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:54:08pm

re: #19 _RememberTonyC

Well, give Harbaugh a few years and he may build some of that following back.

21 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:57:09pm

re: #20 Dark_Falcon

Well, give Harbaugh a few years and he may build some of that following back.

He is a good coach … And a Michigan Man.

22 Mostly sane, most of the time.  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 6:59:40pm
23 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:01:16pm

Got this for Christmas from my best friend.

Didn’t see him at his house until the other day.

AIN’T IT ADORABLE!?!?

I can’t wait to wear it!

24 EdDantes  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:01:20pm

re: #20 Dark_Falcon

I grudgingly give him that. I have nothing a against Harbaugh, but I still remember the shabby treatment Montana got by the 49’s after he came back from his injury in ‘92.

25 Dark_Falcon  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:02:43pm

It’s a pity Killgore logged off: Tonight is the episode of Law & Order: SVU where the ‘Occupy’ crowd plays a supporting role. Many of those extras were actual OWS protesters too.

26 Dark_Falcon  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:04:06pm

re: #24 EdDantes

True, but pehaps Harbaugh can with time redeem that. 20 years have gone by, and most of the current players have little to no memory of 1992.

27 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:04:55pm

re: #24 EdDantes

What Peyton’s probably gonna see.

28 EdDantes  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:09:49pm

re: #27 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

What Peyton’s probably gonna see.

Indeed.If that happens I hope he goes to another team and then eviscerates his former team the way Montana did with with his first meeting with 49’ers.

29 Stanley Sea  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:10:43pm

re: #22 EmmmieG

[Link: icanhascheezburger.com…]

Excellent!!!!! Do you remember the website darth posted! Oatmeal something?

30 Stanley Sea  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:11:52pm

re: #29 Stanley Sea

Excellent!!! Do you remember the website darth posted! Oatmeal something?

Found it!

31 SanFranciscoZionist  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:13:00pm

re: #23 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

Got this for Christmas from my best friend.

Didn’t see him at his house until the other day.

AIN’T IT ADORABLE!?!?

I can’t wait to wear it!

That is adorable. What color is yours?

32 SanFranciscoZionist  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:13:37pm

re: #29 Stanley Sea

Excellent!!! Do you remember the website darth posted! Oatmeal something?

The Oatmeal.

theoatmeal.com

33 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:16:19pm

re: #28 EdDantes

The Colts are obligated to pay him (IIRC) $28,000,000.00 for this year.

34 Vicious Babushka  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:16:39pm

I thought “Ship of Fail” was a meme before Costa Concordia. But I have not seen any updated images or blog posts for SHIP OF FAIL that mention Concordia. Well except for my blog which mentions SHIP OF FAIL in a completely different context.

35 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:17:36pm

re: #31 SanFranciscoZionist

That is adorable. What color is yours?

It’s the urban outfitters version… stonewashed red…

Was going to post their version, but it’s sold out and you really have to work to see it.

36 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:19:09pm

re: #34 Alouette

I heard today that the captain claimed that he “tripped and fell into the lifeboat”.

That’s some funny shit right there.

The whole thing is tragic… but… “tripped and fell into the lifeboat”?

37 SanFranciscoZionist  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:22:22pm

Guys, how do you embed a YouTube video on Blogger? I’m going crazy here.

38 SanFranciscoZionist  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:23:34pm

re: #37 SanFranciscoZionist

Guys, how do you embed a YouTube video on Blogger? I’m going crazy here.

Nevermind. I got it.

39 Glenn Beck's Grand Unifying Theory of Obdicut  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:23:57pm

re: #38 SanFranciscoZionist

How was the brief spate of insanity?

40 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:26:35pm

[Link: news.yahoo.com…]

In case you haven’t seen this.

Again. It is tragic.

But this guy’s just Captain Coward!

41 EdDantes  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:26:59pm

re: #33 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

The Colts are obligated to pay him (IIRC) $28,000,000.00 for this year.

I think that is if the re sign him. But I’m not sure.

42 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:28:26pm

Mark my words … Peyton Manning will end up on the NY Jets.

43 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:31:23pm

Barack Obama has earned my respect, but Joe Biden is still a tool

[Link: sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com…]

44 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:33:21pm

re: #42 _RememberTonyC

Mark my words … Peyton Manning will end up on the NY Jets.

Ooh! I hadn’t heard that possibility.

45 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:36:44pm

re: #44 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

Ooh! I hadn’t heard that possibility.

The Jets are going to be desperate next year, especially if one of its two arch rivals (Pats, Giants) wins the SB. Sanchez isn’t the guy and their team isn’t getting any younger. Only a few teams can use Peyton and he won’t go somewhere he has no chance to win. So the Jets make perfect sense.

46 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:38:22pm
47 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:40:51pm

re: #43 _RememberTonyC

You gotta love the guy.

48 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:43:07pm

re: #46 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

Rob Lowe sez you’re wrong.”

Rob Lowe was good on Californication playing a really bizarre actor. Wait … that wasn’t acting …

49 Fat Bastard Vegetarian  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 7:47:21pm

re: #48 _RememberTonyC

His character on “Parks and Rec” is hysterical, and dead on.

50 _RememberTonyC  Wed, Jan 18, 2012 8:02:19pm

re: #49 Fat Bastard Vegetarian

His character on “Parks and Rec” is hysterical, and dead on.

He’s a good one …. Gotta run! Have a good night

Silk City & Dua Lipa - Electricity (Official Video) Ft. Diplo, Mark Ronson Silk City & Dua Lipa - Electricity (Official Video) ft. Diplo, Mark Ronson | Official Music Video Subscribe to Diplo YouTube Channel - diplo.fm Listen to Electricity:Stream: smarturl.it Spotify: smarturl.it... Apple Music: smarturl.it... iTunes: smarturl.it... YouTube Music: smarturl.it... Amazon: ...
Amos Lee - ‘All You Got Is a Song’ (Live at McKittrick Hotel)wfuv.org • Follow @wfuv: ow.ly Amos Lee performs "All You Got Is A Song" live at McKittrick Hotel. Recorded 9/4/18. Host: Rita HoustonAudio: Jim O'HaraCameras: Dan Tuozzoli, Nicole Into and Alexandra ReillyEditor: Dan Tuozzoli
Young the Giant: Heat of the Summer (Official Audio) Young the Giant's official audio for their track 'Heat of the Summer' from their upcoming album Mirror Master - available October 12th on Elektra Records. Visit youngthegiant.com for more! Pre-order Mirror Master today.lnk.to Catch Young The Giant on Tour ...
Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel - Official Trailer Higher. Further. Faster. Watch the trailer for Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel, in theaters March 8, 2019. ► Subscribe to Marvel: bit.ly More info on Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel: marvel.com Follow Marvel on Twitter: ‪@marvelLike Marvel on FaceBook: ‪facebook.com For ...
Jungle Performing ‘Heavy, California’ Live on KCRW Jungle’s highly anticipated sophomore album was heavily influenced by their time living here in Los Angeles. We share a live session with the UK band on the release date for For Ever. Watch the full session here:kcrw.com kcrw.comMusic | ...
larry carlton steve lukather room 335LARRY CARLTON STEVE LUKATHER ROOM 335!!!!
2 weeks, 1 day ago
Views: 1,480 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Steely Dan: More Than Just a BandPOLYPHONIC MERCHANDISE: store.dftba.com Music by Pracs: SoundCloud Support me on Patreon: patreon.com Twitter: @watchpolyphonicFacebook: facebook.com
2 weeks, 1 day ago
Views: 1,558 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 2
Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats Performing ‘You Worry Me’ Live on KCRW Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats released their excellent sophomore album Tearing at the Seams earlier this year and have been on the road ever since. Inspired by personal drama, but full of hope, the new songs come alive ...
2 weeks, 1 day ago
Views: 1,863 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Childish Gambino - Feels Like Summer There's a lot more to the lyrics and the video than you first see, while the music amd vocal style reminds me of some "hopeful while showing the hopeless" '70's tunes. “Feels Like Summer” by Childish Gambino smarturl.ittour tickets ...
2 weeks, 5 days ago
Views: 2,002 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 3
The 36% Deplorables Still Back the Babooncnn.com No suprise to me. Despite the raving lunatic Tweets, the nonsense policy decisions, the stoking of racial tensions, the Mafia Thug style approach to law, and the blatant grabs for more power, Trump has not dipped in his support ...
Rocky-in-Connecticut