1 Kronocide  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 4:17:53pm

Fresh threadage al nerdage con queso!

2 Lidane  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 4:24:45pm

Mars in all its panoramic glory. Absolutely stunning:

[Link: mashable.com...]

3 b_sharp  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 4:24:50pm

NERDFEST!!!

4 abolitionist  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 4:25:33pm

Top DNS Changer Infections by Country
By bgreene On June 13, 2012

The US is in first place!

5 b_sharp  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 4:26:48pm

re: #4 abolitionist

Top DNS Changer Infections by Country
By bgreene On June 13, 2012

The US is in first place!

Better grab the IPs of your favourite sites so the DNS changer doesn't interrupt your addiction.

6 Charles Johnson  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 4:28:08pm

re: #2 Lidane

Mars in all its panoramic glory. Absolutely stunning:

[Link: mashable.com...]

Barsoom is nice this time of year. There's a full-sized image here.

7 PhillyPretzel  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 4:31:18pm

re: #5 b_sharp
I have checked my computer and it is working fine. Thanks.

8 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 4:31:54pm

re: #2 Lidane

Mars in all its panoramic glory. Absolutely stunning:

[Link: mashable.com...]

Not bad for a Hollywood sound stage!!

9 PhillyPretzel  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 4:34:09pm

re: #8 sattv4u2

lol

10 Randall Gross  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 4:34:39pm

I have this old Canon Pellix FL lens from the sixties, it's f 1.4 and the bocah is rich and creamy once you get past the focal plane and focus from the right depth. So I spent all day researching adapter rings for modern DSLR's, and it turns out that there are a few. Then I took out the magnifying glass and looked at the surface of the lens only to discover that it's got tons of microscopic pits and scratches. I was bummed.
I'll probably end up shelling out for a new F 1.8 instead.

11 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 4:38:49pm

re: #10 Randall Gross

I'll probably end up shelling out for a new F 1.8 instead.

COOL

Image: 300px-FA-18_Hornet_VFA-41.jpg

Oh ,, wait,, I didn't see the decimal point between the 1 and the 8!!

12 Dark_Falcon  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 4:42:06pm

National Review Editor-in-Chief Rich Lowry pours cold water on the ELEVENTY!!1 panic over the FAA's clearance of pilotless aircraft to operate within US airspace. My quote picks up about two paragraphs in, in order to get some of the critical part of the story in:

It is understandable that drones don’t have a warm-and-fuzzy image. Overseas, they are vehicles for an ongoing campaign of assassination. The drone attack has become the signature tactic in the war against terror. Spectacularly precise strikes take out people who had no idea they were coming, in notably antiseptic (for the operator of the drone, at least) acts of warfare.

And this is the first objection to the use of drones domestically: They are weapons of war! About to be deployed here at home! Not exactly. We don’t kill people with drones; we kill them with Hellfire missiles. The drone is just the platform. By this standard, we would have no police helicopters because helicopters are weapons of war. For that matter, by this standard police shouldn’t be allowed to carry firearms, which are a weapon of war going back a couple of centuries.

As for police drones randomly watching us as we innocently go about our business, this is not a novel phenomenon. Police do it all the time. It is called a patrol. They do it utilizing all manner of technology — on foot, on horseback, on bikes, in cars, and even on Segway scooters. So long as they are looking at us in public areas where we have no reasonable expectation of privacy, our liberty survives intact.

Drones will no doubt raise novel issues under the Fourth Amendment, which prohibits unreasonable search and seizure. They will require rules. The same is true of any technology, of course. The Supreme Court held unanimously earlier this year that police can’t attach a GPS tracker on someone’s vehicle without a warrant. This isn’t reason to ban all use of GPS trackers by law enforcement. The fear of drones is, in part, the fear of the new — it is Luddism masquerading as civil libertarianism.

Read the whole thing.

13 Gus  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 4:44:04pm

Barsoom is nice this time of year. There's a full-sized image here.

Here you go. Quick edit...

Image: LGF-iPhone.png

14 Gus  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 4:48:15pm

re: #13 Gus

Here you go. Quick edit...

Image: LGF-iPhone.png

For the old timers...

Image: LGF-iPhone-Vintage.jpg

15 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 4:54:23pm

FWIW, on many mobile devices hover elements, such as over usernames in posts and the recent pages list, don't work well. That's my only complaint while browsing here on my phone.

16 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 4:56:53pm

re: #15 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter

Our complaint manager is Helen Waite

If you do have a complaint, please go to Helen Waite!

17 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 4:59:08pm

re: #16 sattv4u2

Heh. Wasn't that a scene from Supernatural?

Edit: Ah, yes:

18 Kragar  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:01:41pm

re: #17 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter

Heh. Wasn't that a scene from Supernatural?

19 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:04:00pm

re: #17 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter

Heh. Wasn't that a scene from Supernatural?

Dunno, but the saying (and variations of it) has been around for decades

Our loan officer is,,,,
Our credit manager is ,,,
Our speedy service consultant is ,,,,

20 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:04:21pm

re: #18 Kragar

We're not supposed to talk about it.

LOL.

21 Gus  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:05:09pm

BBL

22 dragonfire1981  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:06:54pm

re: #2 Lidane

Mars in all its panoramic glory. Absolutely stunning:

[Link: mashable.com...]

Several generations had the Moon Landing. I hope mine is one that sees the Mars landing.

23 Big Joe  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:07:17pm

re: #18 Kragar

Castiel rocks.

24 PhillyPretzel  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:08:15pm

re: #19 sattv4u2

Have you been listening to Car Talk on NPR? [Link: www.cartalk.com...]

25 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:09:03pm

re: #23 Big Joe

It's honey, I collected it myself...

26 Page 3 in the Binder of Women  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:09:20pm

Barney Frank's vows:

The Declaration of Consent

BARNEY AND JIM: Do you promise to love each other and be each other’s best friend,
In sickness and in health,
In Congress or in retirement,
Whether the surf is up or the surf’s flat,
For richer or for poorer,
Under the Democrats or the Republicans,
Whether the slopes are powdery or icy,
Whether the book reviews are good or bad,
For better or for worse,
On MSNBC or on Fox,
For as long as you both shall live.

Barney and Jim answer: We do.

[Link: tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com...]

27 Kragar  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:09:51pm

re: #23 Big Joe

Castiel rocks.

Its a toss up between him and Dean.

"The whistle makes me their god."

28 The Left  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:09:56pm

re: #26 Residence: Hopeandchangeistan 2012

Love it!

29 dragonfire1981  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:11:45pm

On another technology related note, I "killed" my HTC EVO this past week when I dropped it and the screen had an unfortunate run in with some patio concrete. The display is completely borked so, since I was dumb and I didn't bother to back up my contacts, I now have to recompile a good chunk of my list.

I could upgrade my phone but I'm unable to at the moment and I'm almost through with my 2 year contract. My plan is to buy a second hand phone somewhere (yes I know, BE CAREFUL when doing that!) so I can have a decent phone but not have to renew a contract.

In the meantime I've had to switch back to my trust old Blackberry Curve. So while I complain about the shortcomings of this device compared to my EVO (small screen, lower resolution display, more primitive Wifi capabilities, SLOWER web browsing), I also find myself pondering the fact that technology has advanced so far in recent years that I now consider a Blackberry of all things to be "subpar".

That ought to tell you how spoiled we are when it comes to technology.

30 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:12:25pm

re: #24 PhillyPretzel

Have you been listening to Car Talk on NPR? [Link: www.cartalk.com...]

Sorry to see them shutting the show down!

I met Ray way Way WAY back (before they were "famous") They had opened a garage in the Charlestown section of Boston. Other than Ray (or one mechanic "on duty") nobody else was in the shop. The concept was that you could bring your car there and 'rent" a lift or a pit and air tools and do your own work. Ray (or whoever) was there to collect the 'rent" money and give advice but it was mostly do it yourself

31 dragonfire1981  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:12:35pm

Oh and on a related note to that last post, I REALLY wish U.S. cell companies would break away from the subsidized phone model.

32 Interesting Times  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:12:46pm

re: #28 Millicent Islam

Oh hai. If ever you mistakenly ingest a substance unfit for human consumption, immediate vomiting may be induced by reading the Twitter timeline of this epic douche.

33 dragonfire1981  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:15:37pm

re: #32 Interesting Times

Umm, am I missing something? She really doesn't seem that bad as far as wingnuts go.

34 The Left  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:15:52pm

re: #32 Interesting Times

Jimmah was looking over my shoulder and said, "Jesus Christ, who is this crazy person?"

35 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:16:31pm

re: #34 Millicent Islam

Was he talking about the person attached to the shoulder???

36 Kragar  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:16:51pm

re: #32 Interesting Times

The problem with Twitter is its full of twits.

37 Charles Johnson  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:17:33pm

re: #32 Interesting Times

I've seen her on Twitter before. Founder of Women for Romney. A cavewoman.

38 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:18:09pm

re: #36 Kragar

The problem with Twitter is its full of twits.

Similar to the Facebook problem!!!

39 PhillyPretzel  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:18:51pm

re: #30 sattv4u2

I will miss them too. The last show is supposed to be in September of this year.

40 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:20:26pm

Just checked out the site on my phone again. In Dolphin a long press on the username in the recent pages list gives the other articles by the person. But long press over the complex usernames (to see the real one) doesn't work. Firefox nightly just crashes at page load, lol figures.

41 Dark_Falcon  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:20:27pm

re: #31 dragonfire1981

You and me both, brother. But I'm not sure if that will ever happen. All four national carriers use that model, and it is extremely difficult for a company as large as Sprint or AT&T to change its business model. Even when better models are available, sheer inertia makes their adoption unlikely.

42 William Barnett-Lewis  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:22:08pm

Testing testing... since this is a tech/open thread after all... ;)
Looks like Opera can handle LGF under FreeBSD on a 10 year old Dell laptop.

My step mother knows my Macbook is dying and so gifted me this old beast. 256mb, 20 gb & a 1.8 ghz P4m, which was fairly decent when new in 2002. But I'll get a gig or two of ram in it & swap out the CD for a second drive big enough for my music & then it should be usable for awhile.

FreeBSD with Xfce4 runs ok on it as it is. My hope is that with the upgrades it'll be that much better. Not as good as a new Macbook Air, mind you, but sufficient for my actual needs should the other go to that scrapyard in the sky.

43 Targetpractice  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:22:39pm

5 days without rain, 5 days with triple-digit temps. What global warming?

///

44 Interesting Times  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:23:16pm

I've seen her on Twitter before. Founder of Women for Romney Well Past Menopause With No Need for Reproductive Rights so Screw those Younger Sluts.

Fixed.

45 dragonfire1981  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:23:53pm

re: #42 William Barnett-Lewis

Testing testing... since this is a tech/open thread after all... ;)
Looks like Opera can handle LGF under FreeBSD on a 10 year old Dell laptop.

Heck I still have a 2003 Dell Latitude laptop that hasn't bit the dust yet. Thing can still run word so I used it for my writing sometimes.

46 Charles Johnson  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:23:54pm

Today I had one of those cool "Eureka!" moments when I suddenly realized I could use jQuery's new ".on()" feature to solve a long-standing coding problem at LGF -- installing click handlers for all the little icons in each comment.

With .on() I install just one handler for each type of element, and attach it to the parent element of all of them ... then the Javascript event "bubbles up" a couple of levels and the handler catches it there.

This is an awesome technique. Lets me get rid of literally hundreds of "onClick" attributes in our comment pages. And it solves other things too. Should have looked into this new jQuery command sooner.

47 Varek Raith  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:24:00pm

re: #43 Targetpractice

5 days without rain, 5 days with triple-digit temps. What global warming?

///

Got rain here.
Huzzah!

48 Charles Johnson  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:24:51pm

re: #40 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter

Yeah, I know -- hover's a problem when using a touchscreen, but there are some possible solutions. That's one of the things I'll be addressing eventually.

49 dragonfire1981  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:24:54pm

I'm curious Charles: Will you be creating a specific mobile version of the site or just do a general redesign to make LGF more mobile device friendly?

50 Targetpractice  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:25:10pm

re: #47 Varek Raith

Got rain here.
Huzzah!

*grumblemuttergrumble*

51 Daniel Ballard  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:25:37pm

re: #31 dragonfire1981

T-Mobile has. They call it the "value plan", I pay for the phones and get way better rates.

52 dragonfire1981  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:26:21pm

OH!

And while I am thinking about it, one of the problems I had on my EVO when on LGF was when I attempted to post a comment the bottom 3/4 or so of the comment box would "black out" and I would not to be able to see what I was typing. This was using the default browser, I can't recall if Dolphin reacted the same or not.

I do know that I could post on other sites I frequent without seeing the mysterious black box pop up.

53 dragonfire1981  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:26:55pm

re: #51 Daniel Ballard

Now why can't everyone play that way? Oh that's right, I forgot, they need to be able to control us as much as possible.

54 Charles Johnson  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:27:03pm

re: #49 dragonfire1981

Adaptive design means the same design is used on all devices, but it adapts itself accordingly. On a large screen, you might see a multi-column layout, but on an iPhone the items will be stacked vertically and things like buttons will be much larger, for example.

55 Dark_Falcon  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:27:21pm

re: #32 Interesting Times

She's no prize, its true, but do please Retweet the message from Jeb Bush currently at the top of her feed. Whatever else is true, Jeb and his brother George worked hard to increase treatment for HIV and they did use the power of their offices to get funding increases for said treatment. Here's the message to Retweet, for those who do not want to go into a wingnut's liar:

56 Charles Johnson  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:30:18pm

If you happen to be in the Spy and see me dinging random comments, I'm just testing stuff.

57 Interesting Times  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:32:20pm

I would also love a wider main content column for large screens, so, when it comes to long threads, my widescreen monitor doesn't go to waste and my scroll wheel gets a break :) (sort of similar to the liquid layout you have for the listing of Pages)

58 Dark_Falcon  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:32:21pm

re: #33 dragonfire1981

She bad:

Kathleen Mele ‏@nanameleaz

@GinaCMaddox You are an amazingly rude woman. No lady you.

Retweet
Favorite

1m Gina C Maddox Gina C Maddox ‏@GinaCMaddox

@nanameleaz Your arrogance makes me laugh. No one really cares what you think. Your opinion doesn't matter.

Hide conversation

Retweet
Favorite

She sounds like a denizen of the Stalker Blog attacking one of us. No defense of self, just an ugly personal attack.

59 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:32:42pm

On my 4.5" screen in landscape orientation the 3 column layout is usable without zooming, but just so. In portrait anything more than one column feels like too much.

60 Big Joe  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:32:48pm

Damn, I thought I said something smart.

61 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:33:22pm

re: #60 Big Joe

Damn, I thought I said something smart.

C'mon

You know you!!!!

62 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:33:40pm

On my 30" at 2560x1600...I shrink the browser window and multitask. :D

63 Daniel Ballard  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:34:22pm

Most of this is over my head. That admitted-I got my new android fairly recently. One of the very best mobile versions of a blog I have seen is what blogspot does. When I pull up my own photo blog on my android it changes significantly and looks really good despite the 4" display.

Of course this is a far tougher blog to make work on a small screen.

64 MittDoesNotCompute  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:34:49pm

Yes please!

My Samsung GSII Skyrocket and I will thank you...

65 Dark_Falcon  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:35:09pm

re: #58 Dark_Falcon

She also just made her account "protected" so most people can't see her Tweets.

66 Interesting Times  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:36:30pm

re: #65 Dark_Falcon

She also just made her account "protected" so most people can't see her Tweets.

Her one good deed of day week month year.

67 Dark_Falcon  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:40:47pm

I've got to head out for a bit.

68 ozbloke  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:42:40pm

Charles

I know your currently working on the pages, but your dingers broke!

69 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:43:22pm

re: #68 ozbloke

Charles

I know your currently working on the pages, but your dingers broke!

Thats a tad personal, no?

70 Charles Johnson  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:43:33pm

Wow, check out the comments for this stupid article defending Pamela Geller at NotSoBreitbart.com: [Link: www.breitbart.com...]

There's an antisemitic white supremacist (or an incredible facsimile thereof) trolling the wingnuts. For some reason they're attracted to articles about Pamela Geller.

71 ozbloke  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:44:15pm

re: #69 sattv4u2

Thats a tad personal, no?

Gawd I hope so...
A rare combination at an attempt of truth and humour.

72 Stinky Beaumont  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:46:19pm

re: #68 ozbloke

Broke how?

73 Stinky Beaumont  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:46:29pm

Works for me.

74 ozbloke  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:47:44pm

re: #72 Stinky Beaumont

Broke how?

The upding, down ding and comment number are hyperlinks to the front page.

Firefox 13 / Debian/Ubuntu

75 Mich-again  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:47:50pm

I'm no gun expert but I'm pretty sure this sort of thing isn't supposed to happen.. jeesh.
Police: Hug Triggers Officer's Gun, Kills Woman

DETROIT July 9, 2012 (AP)
A woman celebrating the weekend before her 25th birthday was fatally shot Sunday when she hugged an off-duty police officer while dancing at a party, causing the officer's service weapon to fire, according to police and her mother.

76 PhillyPretzel  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:48:53pm

re: #75 Mich-again

I guess the officer didn't have the safety on. I am not an expert on guns.

77 Stinky Beaumont  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:49:59pm

re: #74 ozbloke

Did you refresh the page? Things have been changing.

78 Killgore Trout  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:50:31pm

re: #75 Mich-again

Police: Hug Triggers Officer's Gun, Kills Woman

I'm no expert but should he have the safety on while the weapon is holstered?

79 ozbloke  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:50:32pm

re: #77 Stinky Beaumont

Did you refresh the page? Things have been changing.

Yes, a few times, just opened Chrome and its the same...

80 MittDoesNotCompute  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:50:37pm

re: #75 Mich-again

Police: Hug Triggers Officer's Gun, Kills Woman

That just sounds Final Destination-ish. Besides, how in the hell could this happen; was this a plainclothes cop wearing a shoulder holster or something?

81 ozbloke  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:51:36pm

re: #77 Stinky Beaumont

Did you refresh the page? Things have been changing.

Hmmm working again now, but no ability to remove an upding.

82 ozbloke  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:52:07pm

re: #81 ozbloke

Hmmm working again now, but no ability to remove an upding.

Scrap that, remove upding by using downding, Doh

83 Varek Raith  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:52:25pm

re: #82 ozbloke

Scrap that, remove upding by using downding, Doh

Lol.

84 Charles Johnson  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:52:44pm

re: #82 ozbloke

There you go then.

85 Charles Johnson  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:54:31pm

And as I read further into the comments for that Pamela Geller defense, all hell is breaking loose.

86 Darth Vader Gargoyle  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:54:45pm

re: #78 Killgore Trout

I'm no expert but should he have the safety on while the weapon is holstered?

Depends on the weapon. Many don't have a traditional safety, other than the gray matter between your ears. Something sounds off in this article. Hard to imagine how a properly holstered hand gun could discharge like that.

Also, Good Evening Honcos!

87 Mich-again  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:55:13pm

you had to know there would be a comment like this one in response to the white supremacist..

look how the racist works to take this thread off course, of course he is probably a lefty afraid of the consequences of pointing out the blindness of the far left.

88 Charles Johnson  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:58:31pm

re: #87 Mich-again

Yeah, there are already comments claiming it's a lefty plant paid by George Soros.

89 Charles Johnson  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:59:07pm

re: #87 Mich-again

Pretty soon they'll be accusing me of planting them because I posted these comments.

90 Mich-again  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:02:29pm

No True Brietbart...

91 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:02:32pm

This is old news, and maybe I'm slow but in this article there is something worth pointing out (again?):
[Link: www.ohio.com...]

Obama ordered two eggs over easy, bacon, wheat toast, orange juice and water. At the suggestion of waitress Toni Watkins, who has worked at Ann’s Place for 23 years, he added grits.

That's right: BACON

92 Kragar  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:02:35pm

Obviously you are George Soros.

93 Darth Vader Gargoyle  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:03:36pm

re: #91 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter

[Link: www.ohio.com...]

That's right: BACON

Maybe he's alright after all....

94 Varek Raith  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:03:40pm

re: #92 Kragar

Obviously you are George Soros.

Bullshit.
I am George Soros.
Or was I Karl Rove?
So hard to keep track of...

95 Darth Vader Gargoyle  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:04:23pm

re: #92 Kragar

Man in Black: "Truly you have a dizzying intellect"
Vizzini: "Wait til I get going!!"

96 Darth Vader Gargoyle  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:04:57pm

re: #94 Varek Raith

Bullshit.
I am George Soros.
Or was I Karl Rove?
So hard to keep track of...

Have you ever seen George Soros in the same room as Karl Rove? I'm just sayin...

97 Targetpractice  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:06:05pm

re: #94 Varek Raith

Bullshit.
I am George Soros.
Or was I Karl Rove?
So hard to keep track of...

I am the walrus.

/koo koo kachoo.

98 Sheila Broflovski  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:08:09pm

He even has a Blood Libel video. What a shitcake. Or is it "satire"?

99 Kragar  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:09:30pm

re: #98 Learned Mother of Zion

He even has a Blood Libel video. What a shitcake. Or is it "satire"?

IT WAS A JOKE! HAHA- LAUGH DAMN YOU!

100 Charles Johnson  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:10:22pm

re: #98 Learned Mother of Zion

It looks like the genuine antisemitic article to me.

101 Dancing along the light of day  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:11:02pm

Random, upding!

102 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:11:33pm

re: #93 Darth Vader Gargoyle

Maybe he's alright after all...

Despite your cute sarcasm there is one thing he definitely isn't: a Muslim. But of course no amount of evidence will be enough for the teabaggers.

103 Darth Vader Gargoyle  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:13:03pm

re: #102 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter

The dude isn't a Muslim, but not because he ate bacon with his grits....mmmmmm Bacon!

104 Feline Emperor of the Conservative Waste  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:14:26pm

re: #91 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter

[Link: www.ohio.com...]

That's right: BACON

Speaking of bacon I'm currently in hot water with the Feline Overlord. I have bacon cooking in the oven and none has been produced for his consumption! >:E

105 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:14:49pm

re: #103 Darth Vader Gargoyle

Yeah, I forgot. With a full menu of choices Muslims usually go for the bacon.

106 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:15:07pm

Edy's Double Fudge Brownie ice cream

I's happy!!!

107 Feline Emperor of the Conservative Waste  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:15:16pm

re: #97 Targetpractice

I am the walrus.

/koo koo kachoo.

The Eggmen are in Ohio being served with the bacon.

108 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:15:37pm

re: #104 Feline Emperor of the Conservative Waste

I woke up to cooking bacon this morning. Few things will get me out of bed faster...

Maybe spiders.

109 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:16:12pm

re: #108 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter

Bacon cooking IN the bed might

110 Sheila Broflovski  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:17:25pm

It looks like the genuine antisemitic article to me.

Which Jewish org should I make a donation to in its honor?

Oh I know! Nahal Haredi IDF Battalion! (My son's old unit)

111 Sheila Broflovski  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:20:17pm

re: #91 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter

[Link: www.ohio.com...]

That's right: BACON

Only because DOG wasn't a menu item!

112 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:20:38pm

re: #110 Learned Mother of Zion

Which Jewish org should I make a donation to in its honor?

Oh I know! Nahal Haredi IDF Battalion! (My son's old unit)

Something unnerving about a mother talking about her sons "unit", epecially if it's old!!!

///

113 Darth Vader Gargoyle  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:29:26pm

re: #105 Prononymous, rogue demon hunter

Yeah, I forgot. With a full menu of choices Muslims usually go for the bacon.

You know why you never take just one Baptist fishing? He'll drink all your beer.

114 Killgore Trout  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:32:58pm

115 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:36:17pm

re: #113 Darth Vader Gargoyle

You know why you never take one Baptist fishing? He'll drink all your beer.

A rabbi, a priest and a minister walk into a bar.

The bartender looks up and says, "What is this, a joke?"

116 ozbloke  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:36:40pm

Thanks Kilgore

/ The shock and awe was killing me.

117 Killgore Trout  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:37:03pm

..and my back is feeling better. I'm a bit sore but I can feel all the bits a pieces snapping back into place when I wiggle around. Good thing, I don't think I can face watching another 4 hours of Masterchef tomorrow.

118 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:37:39pm

re: #114 Killgore Trout

The stealth downdinger (SteelPH) did you in

without that one, you were even Steven!!

119 PhillyPretzel  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:38:06pm

re: #117 Killgore Trout

There is PBS. America's Test Kitchen is a good show.

120 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:38:22pm

re: #117 Killgore Trout

Don't push it for at least a couple of more days

Heat, stretch, Advil

121 Killgore Trout  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:38:51pm

re: #118 sattv4u2

The stealth downdinger (SteelPH) did you in

without that one, you were even Steven!!

Once the smoke signals go out it's unstoppable. I'll be -7 by morning.

122 Varek Raith  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:39:00pm

re: #118 sattv4u2

The stealth downdinger (SteelPH) did you in

without that one, you were even Steven!!

Oh yeah?
:P

123 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:39:23pm

re: #121 Killgore Trout

Once the smoke signals go out it's unstoppable. I'll be -7 by morning.

LOL

Don't worry,,, I'm sure my #118 will soon join you!!

124 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:39:51pm

re: #122 Varek Raith

Oh yeah?
:P

Spoil Sport

125 Varek Raith  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:40:02pm

re: #121 Killgore Trout

Once the smoke signals go out it's unstoppable. I'll be -7 by morning.

See, you want downdings.
You'll get an upding instead.

126 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:40:47pm

re: #125 Varek Raith

See, you want downdings.
You'll get an upding instead.

I want negative a million dollars!!!

127 Killgore Trout  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:40:49pm

re: #120 sattv4u2

Don't push it for at least a couple of more days

Heat, stretch, Advil

Yeah, I'm so temped to do some chores tomorrow morning but I really need to remember to take it easy. Maybe a load of laundry and some dishes but that's it for me. Being able to sit upright is reward enough for now.

128 ozbloke  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:41:28pm

You said: After a few days of shock and awe the bottom comments list is no longer empty. The long lizard nightmare has ended!

re: #117 Killgore Trout

[Link: littlegreenfootballs.com...]

Ahh.. You have been working with an injury.
/ I expect you to be back with avengeance soon.

And get well soon.

129 Varek Raith  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:42:44pm

re: #126 sattv4u2

I want negative a million dollars!!!

Send me any amount of money and I'll return double that.

130 Killgore Trout  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:42:53pm

re: #125 Varek Raith

See, you want downdings.
You'll get an upding instead.

AntiContrarianism!
/Now do I downding or upding your #125? This is getting complicated.

131 Decatur Deb  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:43:16pm

Think this is one of Charles' fan-clubbers:

"Neo-Nazi Bill White: U.S. is a ‘Demonic Dream’"

[Link: www.splcenter.org...]

132 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:43:28pm

re: #130 Killgore Trout

AntiContrarianism!
/Now do I downding or upding your #125? This is getting complicated.

We need a non-ding dinger!
Right between the up and down

133 Varek Raith  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:43:35pm

re: #130 Killgore Trout

AntiContrarianism!
/Now do I downding or upding your #125? This is getting complicated.

Pizza.

134 Killgore Trout  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:44:24pm

re: #133 Varek Raith

Pizza.

Pineapple.

135 Darth Vader Gargoyle  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:44:41pm

re: #132 sattv4u2

We need a non-ding dinger!
Right between the up and down

You don't have one? I use mine on the vast majority of posts here.

136 ozbloke  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:46:37pm

Contention!

Scientists disprove arsenic life form claim.

Two scientific papers have disproved a claim made by NASA-funded scientists that a new form of bacterial life had been discovered that could thrive on arsenic.

"Contrary to an original report, the new research clearly shows that the bacterium, GFAJ-1, cannot substitute arsenic for phosphorus to survive," said a statement by Science magazine.

Science published the initial study in December 2010, with lead researcher Felisa Wolfe-Simon, a fellow in NASA's astrobiology program, announcing that a new form of life had been scooped from a California lake.

The bacterium in arsenic-rich Mono Lake was said to redefine the building blocks of life, surviving and growing by swapping phosphorus for arsenic in its DNA and cell membranes.

Biologists consider these six elements as necessary for life: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus and sulphur.

Arsenic is similar to phosphorus but is typically considered poisonous to living organisms.

But the study needed to be confirmed in order to be considered a true discovery, and two separate teams found that the bacterium needed some phosphate to survive and could not fully substitute arsenic to live.

More...

137 Amory Blaine  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:47:36pm

re: #106 sattv4u2

Edy's Double Fudge Brownie ice cream

I's happy!!!

I like pineapple on my ice cream!!!!!!

138 Mich-again  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:47:57pm

That poster SEN_5241 is a broken record..

one example.. and another...and another.. In that last link, they say something about "here in Australia.."

139 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:48:56pm

re: #137 Amory Blaine

I like pineapple on my ice cream!!!

I actually really like the chocolate ice cream/ pineapple/ whipped cream combo

140 Darth Vader Gargoyle  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:49:30pm

Later Lizards, off to sleep.

141 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:50:00pm

re: #140 Darth Vader Gargoyle

Later Lizards, off to sleep.

To sleep it off?

142 Decatur Deb  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:50:43pm

Just a drive-by tonight. Inspector Lewis is on PBS at 9 CDT. I'm on a clear-liquids diet. Pinot Grigio is a clear liquid, no?

143 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:51:04pm

re: #139 sattv4u2

I actually really like the chocolate ice cream/ pineapple/ whipped cream combo

((dammit ,,, now I'm going to have to stop at the store on my way home from work for ice cream, a pineapple and whipping cream!!!))

144 PhillyPretzel  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:53:57pm

Chocolate ice cream does not need any additions. It is perfect as is.

145 PhillyPretzel  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:54:45pm

re: #142 Decatur Deb

Technically yes but I do not think that is what your doctor wanted.

146 Mich-again  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:54:59pm

Here is a beauty of a comment from them..

Until those who sell you lies about "Free Trade" are physically lynched why would they stop? They are getting LOTS of money selling out your quality of life and future.

147 Decatur Deb  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:55:25pm

re: #145 PhillyPretzel

Technically yes but I do not think that is what your doctor wanted.

Then he'll have to BYOB.

148 Decatur Deb  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 6:58:52pm

'Nite, all.

149 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 7:00:26pm

re: #145 PhillyPretzel

Technically yes but I do not think that is what your doctor wanted.

He's a doctor, Jim, not a mason!

150 sattv4u2  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 7:01:09pm

re: #144 PhillyPretzel

Chocolate ice cream does not need any additions. It is perfect as is.

Nor does a pineapple,,, nor does whipped cream,,, but what the hell!!

151 MittDoesNotCompute  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 7:16:02pm

re: #106 sattv4u2

Edy's Double Fudge Brownie ice cream

I's happy!!!

Turkey Hill Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is the bomb and easily the best CCCD ice cream out there.

152 Dancing along the light of day  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 7:21:20pm

re: #117 Killgore Trout

KT, WHAT DID YOU DO to yourself?

153 PhillyPretzel  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 7:30:35pm

Dang. I mention chocolate ice cream and I finish my Haagen Daz.

154 Stinky Beaumont  Sun, Jul 8, 2012 8:46:13pm

Just testing...

Silk City & Dua Lipa - Electricity (Official Video) Ft. Diplo, Mark Ronson Silk City & Dua Lipa - Electricity (Official Video) ft. Diplo, Mark Ronson | Official Music Video Subscribe to Diplo YouTube Channel - diplo.fm Listen to Electricity:Stream: smarturl.it Spotify: smarturl.it... Apple Music: smarturl.it... iTunes: smarturl.it... YouTube Music: smarturl.it... Amazon: ...
Amos Lee - ‘All You Got Is a Song’ (Live at McKittrick Hotel)wfuv.org • Follow @wfuv: ow.ly Amos Lee performs "All You Got Is A Song" live at McKittrick Hotel. Recorded 9/4/18. Host: Rita HoustonAudio: Jim O'HaraCameras: Dan Tuozzoli, Nicole Into and Alexandra ReillyEditor: Dan Tuozzoli
Young the Giant: Heat of the Summer (Official Audio) Young the Giant's official audio for their track 'Heat of the Summer' from their upcoming album Mirror Master - available October 12th on Elektra Records. Visit youngthegiant.com for more! Pre-order Mirror Master today.lnk.to Catch Young The Giant on Tour ...
Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel - Official Trailer Higher. Further. Faster. Watch the trailer for Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel, in theaters March 8, 2019. ► Subscribe to Marvel: bit.ly More info on Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel: marvel.com Follow Marvel on Twitter: ‪@marvelLike Marvel on FaceBook: ‪facebook.com For ...
Jungle Performing ‘Heavy, California’ Live on KCRW Jungle’s highly anticipated sophomore album was heavily influenced by their time living here in Los Angeles. We share a live session with the UK band on the release date for For Ever. Watch the full session here:kcrw.com kcrw.comMusic | ...
larry carlton steve lukather room 335LARRY CARLTON STEVE LUKATHER ROOM 335!!!!
2 weeks, 1 day ago
Views: 1,480 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Steely Dan: More Than Just a BandPOLYPHONIC MERCHANDISE: store.dftba.com Music by Pracs: SoundCloud Support me on Patreon: patreon.com Twitter: @watchpolyphonicFacebook: facebook.com
2 weeks, 1 day ago
Views: 1,558 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 2
Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats Performing ‘You Worry Me’ Live on KCRW Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats released their excellent sophomore album Tearing at the Seams earlier this year and have been on the road ever since. Inspired by personal drama, but full of hope, the new songs come alive ...
2 weeks, 1 day ago
Views: 1,863 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Childish Gambino - Feels Like Summer There's a lot more to the lyrics and the video than you first see, while the music amd vocal style reminds me of some "hopeful while showing the hopeless" '70's tunes. “Feels Like Summer” by Childish Gambino smarturl.ittour tickets ...
2 weeks, 5 days ago
Views: 2,002 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 3
The 36% Deplorables Still Back the Babooncnn.com No suprise to me. Despite the raving lunatic Tweets, the nonsense policy decisions, the stoking of racial tensions, the Mafia Thug style approach to law, and the blatant grabs for more power, Trump has not dipped in his support ...
Rocky-in-Connecticut