RNC Open Thread Three, With Schedule
There’s a good chance Ron Paul’s followers will do something crazy tonight, and an even better chance that Rand Paul will say something crazy. Also on the bill: anti-choice fanatic Mike Huckabee followed by pro-choice “moderate Republican” Condoleezza Rice. So that should be good for a little cognitive whiplash.
Here’s the schedule of right wing festivities for the evening:
- Call to order
- Introduction of Colors by Amputee Veterans of America Support Team
- Pledge of Allegiance by Brig. Gen. Patrick E. Rea, U.S. Army (Ret.)
- National Anthem sung by Ayla Brown
- Invocation by Ishwar Singh
- Ron Paul video
- Remarks by Senate Republican leader and Convention Temporary Chairman Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.
- Remarks by Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky.
- Remarks by Christopher Devlin-Young and Jeanine McDonnell
- Remarks by Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.
- Remarks by Attorney General Pam Bondi, R-Fla., Attorney General Sam Olens, R-Ga.
- Remarks by Sen. John Thune, R-S.D.
- Remarks by Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio
- Remarks by Gov. Luis Fortuño, R-Puerto Rico
- Remarks by former Gov. Tim Pawlenty, R-Minn.
- Bush 41, 43 film
- Remarks by former Gov. Mike Huckabee, R-Ark.
- Remarks by former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
- Remarks by Gov. Susana Martinez, R-N.M.
- Remarks by vice presidential nominee, Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis.
- Benediction by Archbishop Demetrios