1 celticdragon  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:06:43pm

So the Eye of Sauron is the GOP favorite for 2016???

2 CriticalDragon1177  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:08:32pm

Charles Johnson,

I knew you'd love this!

3 Lidane  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:09:52pm

re: #1 celticdragon

So the Eye of Sauron is the GOP favorite for 2016???

Sauron was the front-runner before he got caught up in a scandal with Gollum. Apparently they were both fighting over the same ring. Nasty stuff.

///

4 Varek Raith  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:11:35pm

XD

5 freetoken  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:12:36pm

Love that McNaughton-esque image they throw in there.

6 Charles Johnson  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:13:15pm

Conservatives flock to exciting new ball of rage.

Orb more hate-filled, unpredictable than recent GOP candidates.

Romney now free to get back into modeling for stock photos of golfers.

7 Gretchen G.Tiger  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:20:25pm

Nothing like the deep seated fury of the wrath of a woman scorned.

His everyone this evening?

8 celticdragon  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:20:32pm

I am torn. The unblinking, flame wreathed Eye of Sauron would be a great GOP pick, but Cthulhu has millions of enslaved, drooling cultists, and that is a huge advantage in the primary. Also, you can't count out Lord Voldomort. The Dark Lord has a devilishly brilliant advisory team led by Bellatrix Lestrange and a killer (literally) instinct for insider influence. Nothing says "Victory!" like a cruciatus curse on the opposition!

So 2016 looks good for the GOP. Remember: Why vote for the lesser of two evils?

9 Lidane  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:22:24pm

re: #8 celticdragon

The 2016 GOP nominee has already been decided:

10 Varek Raith  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:22:50pm

Vote for me or I'll superlaser your planet!
Also, tax cuts!

11 Petero1818  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:23:12pm

As a Broncos fan I can't get enough of 1-7 KC beating Steelers 10-0 right now.

12 jamesfirecat  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:27:58pm

Conservatives flock to exciting new ball of rage.

Orb more hate-filled, unpredictable than recent GOP candidates.

Romney now free to get back into modeling for stock photos of golfers.

Romney should go do what he was born to do, play the resident in a movie. Because having him in Hollywood puts him as far away from the real white house as possible more or less while still bring in the continental USA.

13 CriticalDragon1177  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:29:40pm

LOL!

14 Charles Johnson  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:31:26pm

The Petraeus scandal is getting weird.

The rapidly unfolding saga of David Petraeus, Paula Broadwell, Jill Kelley and an unnamed FBI agent is getting trashier by the minute. The Wall Street Journal dropped a scoop on Monday evening with fresh details about the case, including a report of a man who sent shirtless photos of himself to Kelley, the accidental whistleblower. Believe it or not, the man sending sexy pics is not David Petraeus -- you know, the guy that just got caught having an illicit affair with his too-fit biographer. It's the FBI agent.

But wait there's more. Evidently, the FBI agent who opened an investigation into some harassing emails that Kelley, a friend of his from Florida, got a little too involved in the case. According to The Journal, the agent's "supervisors soon became concerned that the initial agent might have grown obsessed with the matter, and prohibited him from any role in the investigation."

Meanwhile, the investigators who worked their way through a maze of anonymous email exchanges between Petraeus, Broadwell and Kelley ascertained that the former CIA director and his friend from Florida may have gotten romantically involved as well. One email described a night at dinner when the anonymous writer claimed to witness Kelley touching Petraeus "provocatively" under the table. "Provocatively" is WSJ's word. We're guessing the email was a little bit more specific with what was going on with the under-the-table touching.

15 ProGunLiberal  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:32:15pm

I should mention that the reason I am so brutally partisan is based in part on faith. While Individual Morality and my faith don't influence each other, my ideals economically and on societal morality are directly fused to my faith.

This shows up as being a hard-left Social Democrat, likely making me the farthest left person who is on here, without falling into Nutcaseville.

16 Kragar  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:32:46pm

I'd vote for the White-Hot Sphere of Pure Rage on the GOP ticket just because he hasn't been on Bryan Fischer's show.

17 celticdragon  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:32:58pm

re: #12 jamesfirecat

Romney should go do what he was born to do, play the resident vaguely unsettling and slightly creepy neighbor in a movieclassic Twilight Zone episode from 1959. Because having him in Hollywood puts him as far away from the real white house as possible more or less while still being in the continental USA real of nightmarish science fiction anthologies.

18 Varek Raith  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:33:14pm

Who gets the rights to the movie???

19 jvic  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:33:31pm

"Conservative" reaction to the election worries me more than the result. Human life begins at conception! No compromise! Jeezis.

My reaction? Seek out oases of secular conservatism and prepare for some lean years.

20 engineer cat  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:34:48pm

re: #15 ProGunLiberal

ha! what about the albigensian contingent?

21 celticdragon  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:35:39pm

The Petraeus scandal is getting weird.

The Lifetime Movie Network version of this is going to be 110% win.

22 Kragar  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:36:01pm

re: #18 Varek Raith

Who gets the rights to the movie???

Larry Flynt the way things are going.

23 Gus  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:36:05pm

Apparently the FBI is currently removing things from the Broadwell residence.

24 jamesfirecat  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:36:19pm

re: #19 jvic

Or grab some shades and prepare to enjoy a tidal wave of democratic victories that's my plan....

Donkies gonna kick some ass...

25 The Mountain That Blogs  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:36:20pm

re: #16 Kragar

False. He hosts Bryan Fischer's show.

26 bratwurst  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:37:00pm

re: #9 Lidane

The 2016 GOP nominee has already been decided:

I still like Bill Maher's suggestion from last year:

27 Gus  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:37:00pm

Some would call it a raid.

28 prairiefire  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:37:20pm

re: #23 Gus

Apparently the FBI is currently removing things from the Broadwell residence.

That woman is one fanatical egotist.

29 celticdragon  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:37:27pm

re: #20 engineer cat

ha! what about the albigensian contingent?

Rob Stark defeated them at The Battle of the Whispering Wood.

Srsly.

30 Kragar  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:38:22pm

re: #25 The Mountain That Blogs

False. He hosts Bryan Fischer's show.

Lies. Pure rage doesn't need to lie and spread bullshit the way Fischer does.

31 ProGunLiberal  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:38:35pm

re: #20 engineer cat

Explain plz?

32 celticdragon  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:39:01pm

re: #27 Gus

Some would call it a raid.

I call it a generous donation to our hard working federal agents...

33 Daniel Ballard  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:40:01pm

Mr Cynic sez-So, how sure are we that the woman was not a mole sent by big media so they would have something to go on about after the election?
///

34 BongCrodny  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:41:01pm

re: #21 celticdragon

The Lifetime Movie Network version of this is going to be 110% win.

The shrieking white-hot sphere of pure rage will be played by Kirby.

35 engineer cat  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:41:15pm

re: #31 ProGunLiberal

Explain plz?

also known as cathars

36 jvic  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:42:16pm

re: #24 jamesfirecat

Donkies gonna kick some ass...

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm more into standing athwart history yelling Stop!, as William Buckley put it.

I didn't expect to be yelling it at my own side.

37 Kragar  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:43:12pm

re: #36 jvic

I didn't expect to be yelling it at my own side.

"BEHAVE YOURSELF!" is the new "STOP!"

38 Charles Johnson  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:43:37pm
39 Hercules Grytpype-Thynne  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:44:14pm

re: #16 Kragar

I personally suspect that the WHSoPR is in fact a monster conjured from the concentrated impulses of the Fischer's Id, and the Ids of his guests and listeners.

40 celticdragon  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:45:26pm

re: #31 ProGunLiberal

Explain plz?

The Albigensians were a Catherist type of sect in Medieval France and Germany with many Gnostic beliefs and a fierce rejection of the hegemony of the Catholic Church. The sect was wiped out by a series of purges and the work of the Inquisition.

41 engineer cat  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:46:10pm

minority parties in future elections:

teabaggers
masochists
nihilists
manicheans
alcholics anonymous
(and the sworn enemies of alcoholics anonymous:) scientologists
republicans

42 Killgore Trout  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:46:37pm

If the CIA is as good at locating fuck buddies as Jihadis then we're should all sleep soundly tonight.

43 ProGunLiberal  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:47:25pm

re: #40 celticdragon

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I have hope the Salafists will go away. Given enough grief, they will stop dragging the Islamic World into hell and join the civilized world.

re: #35 engineer cat

I didn't see the relevance. :P

44 Petero1818  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:47:56pm

re: #23 Gus

Apparently the FBI is currently removing things from the Broadwell residence.

Shit. Its just a matter of time before Gloria Allred gets involved.

45 ProGunLiberal  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:48:31pm

re: #42 Killgore Trout

I think we are about to find out how dysfunctional the FBI and CIA are. And give us an object lesson into how 9/11 wasn't caught beforehand.

46 jamesfirecat  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:48:59pm

re: #37 Kragar

"BEHAVE YOURSELF!" is the new "STOP!"

REMAIN CALM!

47 engineer cat  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:49:06pm

re: #43 ProGunLiberal

re: #35 engineer cat

I didn't see the relevance. :P

fish

48 engineer cat  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:50:35pm

re: #40 celticdragon

everbody expects the french inquisition because they always make dinner reservations first

49 William Barnett-Lewis  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:50:45pm

re: #15 ProGunLiberal

Heh. Don't bet on it...

50 Killgore Trout  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:51:24pm

[Link: twitter.com...]

51 Skip Intro  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:53:47pm

re: #23 Gus

Apparently the FBI is currently removing things from the Broadwell residence.

And the youtube video of her Denver speech where she mentioned the CIA was holding prisoners at Benghazi has been 1984ed.

52 celticdragon  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:54:12pm

re: #48 engineer cat

Being hung in a cage from the wall of Caracassonne sucks, but the wine list is really first rate.

53 Petero1818  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:54:34pm

re: #50 Killgore Trout

[Link: twitter.com...]

I just don't get this. Why is the FBI investigating emails that border on juvenile rather than threatening. Can you imagine how many high school girls the FBI would be investigating if emails and texts of this nature were commonly investigated? What is going on here.

54 Gus  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:54:35pm

re: #51 Skip Intro

Yeah. Her source though was Fox News. Allegedly.

55 William Barnett-Lewis  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:55:32pm

Got the mini-crock set up with our oatmeal for breakfast in the morning. Now, I've never liked oatmeal but developed a true loathing for it in the army. But this is good... that it's from Alton Brown is no surprise :) This is a 1/2 recipe for 2 servings in our mini-crock pot.

1/2 cup steel cut oats
2 cups water
1/2 cup 1/2&1/2 or heavy cream
1/2 cup of each of dried fruits. This morning was apple & cherry. Tomorrow will be apricots and "craisins" (dried cranberries). Got some figs & regular raisins in the house to try too.

Let cook 8 - 9 hours and have a sweet, healthy & actually tasty breakfast.

56 Feline Emperor of the Conservative Tears  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:58:06pm

Cat picture courtesy of my brother...

Image: Cat_Sink.jpg

57 Killgore Trout  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 6:58:22pm

re: #53 Petero1818

The security situation and potential blackmail threats are enough to get the ball rolling. There are still concerns about classified info leaks. It sounds like the culture at the top of the CIA is a bit out of control. Heads will roll (metaphorically)

58 Skip Intro  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 7:01:40pm

re: #53 Petero1818

It has something to with her having classified documents that she had no right to have. The source of the documents is the big question.

59 ninja cat  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 7:02:19pm

After OD'ing on catnip earlier, am sure my cats can relate.
the morning after

60 ProGunLiberal  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 7:03:49pm

In a debate with a friend of a friend on FB. She is saying both sides need to be more bipartisan, and the Republicans need to dial down hysteria. I said this in response to her saying Democrats must be willing to listen to Republicans:

And my goal is to have my side win. As a Muslim, why should me and my compatriots trust your party? We are used a scapegoat for just about everything. People like Peter King, Michele Bachmann, Allen West, among others constantly say how we are unloyal to the United States, with Fox News saying the same constantly. Nevermind the fact that many, many Libyans rioted against the nuts who attacked the consulate (those nut must have been supported by a foreign government, they were to well trained for your average Taliban-esque barbarian), and we serve in the military just like everyone else. No, we are considered a suspect class. Granted, a few like Jackie and you seem to be different, but from my view I see anti-Muslim hysteria cranked up to stratospheric highs.Why should I trust a party like that? The best way for our rights to remain intact is the make a permanent Democratic Majority.

61 Petero1818  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 7:04:12pm

re: #58 Skip Intro

Well that is news to me. I had not heard that. The author had classified documents? And if so how would that have been known from the original "threatening" emails to Jill Kelley? By the way...how much better would this story be if it was Jill Kelly rather than Jill Kelley?

62 ProGunLiberal  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 7:04:40pm

re: #58 Skip Intro

A big question with a real obvious answer.

63 Kragar  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 7:04:56pm

re: #59 ninja cat

After OD'ing on catnip earlier, am sure my cats can relate.
the morning after

Image: catgernade.jpg

64 simoom  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 7:06:21pm

The Petraeus scandal is getting weird.

The shirtless pic sending FBI investigator who instigated and was later ejected from the case is apparently the same guy who leaked to Reichert and Cantor:

[Link: online.wsj.com...]

The FBI agent who started the case was a friend of Jill Kelley, the Tampa woman who received harassing, anonymous emails that led to the probe, according to officials. Ms. Kelley, a volunteer who organizes social events for military personnel in the Tampa area, complained in May about the emails to a friend who is an FBI agent. That agent referred it to a cyber crimes unit, which opened an investigation.

However, supervisors soon became concerned that the initial agent might have grown obsessed with the matter, and prohibited him from any role in the investigation, according to the officials.

The FBI officials found that he had sent shirtless pictures of himself to Ms. Kelley, according to the people familiar with the probe.

That same agent, after being barred from the case, contacted a member of Congress, Washington Republican David Reichert, because he was concerned senior FBI officials were going to sweep the matter under the rug, the officials said. That information was relayed to top congressional officials, who notified FBI headquarters in Washington.

65 Killgore Trout  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 7:07:32pm

re: #64 simoom

[Link: online.wsj.com...]

What a freakshow.

66 ProGunLiberal  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 7:08:12pm

re: #65 Killgore Trout

Again, we are about to find out how honked up the CIA and FBI are.

67 Our Precious Bodily Fluids  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 7:09:08pm

re: #53 Petero1818

From what I can gather, Jill Kelley complained to a personal friend of hers who is an FBI agent. That's the nexus by which the FBI gets involved.

68 Petero1818  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 7:12:02pm

re: #67 Our Precious Bodily Fluids

Yes but it sounds like The guy she told at the FBI may have pursued it because he had his own crush on Jill Kelley. I just don't think that the emails as described would warrant an FBI investigation at first glance, unless there is something more serious in them than we have heard.

69 jamesfirecat  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 7:20:40pm

re: #59 ninja cat

After OD'ing on catnip earlier, am sure my cats can relate.
the morning after

My Shadowrunner can relate, for the second time in his career he recently woke up after mysteriously getting beaten in a fight along with the rest of his team and laesed for the second time in a row... one of these days people need to realize it never ens up well for them when they do that, it just makes Longshot extra angry.

70 Feline Emperor of the Conservative Tears  Mon, Nov 12, 2012 7:23:34pm

re: #63 Kragar

Image: catgernade.jpg

I've seen those in action. That was how my brother got me out of bed on Saturday when I was sleeping in. Open the door and lob the cat onto the bed.

71 Sol Berdinowitz  Tue, Nov 13, 2012 1:06:54am

This little escapade reminds us that people entrusted with lofty and challenging goals like maintaining national security are still human beings with human weaknesses and foibles.

This is why we need checks & balances within the system, why we need the right to petition for the redress of grievances (the first thing that is tossed overboard when we approve warrantless searches & wiretapping) and realization that the Ends Do Not Justify the Means, no matter how righteous they might be.

Autonomous Vehicles Will Mean the End of Traffic Stops So "Riding While Black" becomes the new DWB. Or will it? No more broken brake lights, alleged unsafe lane changes etc. What will they do to make up the revenue from real and imagined violations? Losing the pretext stop—where ...
Great White Snark
Donald Trump’s Cuba Problem Comes With Big Risks Today, Trump’s campaign manager made a television appearance in which she appears to have made the story quite a bit worse for her boss. The Washington Post noted: Donald Trump’s campaign manager denied Thursday that one of the GOP ...
OneRepublic - A.I. (Audio) Ft. Peter Gabriel Preorder OneRepublic’s new album, ‘Oh My My,’ out October 7th, and get ‘A.I.,’ ‘Wherever I Go,’ ‘Kids’ and ‘Future Looks Good’ instantly: smarturl.itListen to the complete OneRepublic playlist on Spotify: smarturl.it Music video by OneRepublic performing A.I.. (C) 2016 ...
GOP Blocks Probes Into Trump-Russia Ties Suspicion is mounting about Donald Trump’s ties to Russian officials and business interests, as well as possible links between his campaign and the Russian hacking of U.S. political organizations. But GOP leaders have refused to support efforts by Democrats ...
Jewish Leaders React to Rodrigo Duterte Holocaust Remarks Jewish leaders have reacted angrily after Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte compared his anti-drug campaign to the Holocaust. The comment - wrongly citing numbers killed by the Nazis - was inhumane and deeply offensive, they said. Mr Duterte said he ...
Rosetta Spacecraft Collides With Comet, as Planned After more than a decade of roaming tirelessly across the solar system, the comet-watching Rosetta spacecraft has gone to its eternal rest at last. In a deliberate act of self-sacrifice, Rosetta plowed into the surface of comet 67P at ...
What Meerkat Murder Tells Us About Human Violence Here are the 30 mammal species most likely to kill their own kind. #1 might surprise you. https://t.co/qdprrwBjvl pic.twitter.com/vB0e6NjdbZ — Ed Yong (@edyong209) September 28, 2016 ReplyReply w/ QuoteImages A new study of violent behavior in more than 1,000 ...
SPLC: United States Crime Rates Still at Historic Lows MONTGOMERY, Ala. – The following statement regarding the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting program’s annual Crime in the United States report, released September 26, 2016, is from Lisa Graybill, deputy legal director at the Southern Poverty Law Center. "The FBI’s ...
Birth Control Works
Advice She Didn’t Ask For"Save us from fascism but don't be a bitch about it." Thanks for weighing in, but it looks like Hillary Clinton is doing just fine without the help of body language experts. Watch Full Frontal with Samantha Bee next week ...
Actual Scientific Polls Show Big Win for Hillary Clinton in First Debate The consensus is in: viewers overwhelmingly thought Hillary Clinton was the winner of the first presidential debate. Four polls — from CNN/ORC, Politico/Morning Consult, NBC/SurveyMonkey, and Public Policy Polling — all showed that respondents felt Clinton bested Donald Trump ...