TwitterFacebook

“Indentured Servant” Dana Loesch Persona Non Grata at CNN?

Sabotaged other CNN personnel
Wingnuts • Views: 26,180

Tommy Christopher points out that breitbart.com indentured servant Dana Loesch has become persona non grata (unofficially, of course) at CNN, after her comments applauding US soldiers who urinated on corpses, and her underhanded sabotage of other CNN contributors. (I have a feeling, knowing CNN, that the sabotage was more important than her disgusting comments about peeing on dead people.)

Loesch’s ascendancy, aided by the rise of the Tea Party and the star power of Andrew Breitbart (as well as her own hard work and penchant for provocation), hit several other stumbling blocks this year. Following pressure from critics over her remarks about U.S. troops who were videotaped urinating on Taliban corpses, Loesch’s appearances on CNN dried up, although the network insists there was no connection.

In August, at the height of Rep. Todd “Legitimate Rape”Akin’s notoriety, Loesch tweeted Akin advising him not to appear on fellow CNNer Piers Morgan’s program, then “reached out to the campaign to confirm” Akin had canceled his appearance, and would appear on her radio show instead. Former Mediaite Managing Editor Colby Hall called foul, and Morgan defended Loesch on Twitter, but Loesch hasn’t been on CNN since then. Media Matters noted that, in an August CNN online article, Loesch is cited as a “conservative radio host,” and not a CNN contributor.

The network confirmed, in November, that Dana Loesch is still a CNN contributor, and multiple sources at CNN say there is no organized blackball, that booking decisions are made by the executive producers of each show, but that poaching Akin might not have endeared her to those EPs.

The incident with Piers Morgan and Todd Akin isn’t the only case in which Loesch or her husband have attacked and/or sabotaged other CNN personnel; in March, hubbie Chris called CNN host Soledad O’Brien an antisemite, and breitbart.com published dozens of articles viciously attacking her.

Related

1 HappyWarrior  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 1:11:04pm

Crazy lady is crazy.

2 Targetpractice  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 1:12:16pm

Think this might be part of the motivation behind her fight with the other Breitbartians?

3 dragonath  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 1:14:10pm

So, she sacrificed her CNN career for Todd Akin?

Haha.

4 HappyWarrior  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 1:17:41pm

re: #3 dragonath

So, she sacrificed her CNN career for Todd Akin?

Haha.

Her legitimate rapist in shining armor.

5 Amory Blaine  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 1:27:09pm

She doesn't like being pissed on I guess.

6 freetoken  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 1:39:53pm

Completely off topic... (so shoot me now) ... but my frustration with supposedly "scientific" publications is growing ever more, being driven by what I observe as a rush to over-sensationalize just about any topic, in order (I surmise) to compete with the barrage of hot-button headlines that now courtesy of the internet come raining down upon us in non-stop fashion.

Anything from "habitable" planets to "quantum" computation is being pushed in headlines, the story bodies of which can't support the headlines or even worse just dissolve into babble, as extremely abstruse topics are re-painted with popular language idioms that are quite unable to communicate the reality and will misinform the uneducated reader.

Our popular culture, and society in general, is now so far removed from the cutting edges of science (including applied science and engineering) that I don't see how a popularly elected political system will be able to justify spending large amounts of money on new innovations without appealing to, well, "magic".

7 Kronocide  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 1:43:27pm

It's better to be pissed on than pissed off Lady Drop Trou.

8 Kragar  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 1:45:54pm

Who knew trolling wasn't journalism?

9 A Man for all Seasons  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 1:52:14pm

re: #6 freetoken

I believe we are living through the most exciting times in science and medicines in all of man kind's history. every couple of years our knowledge doubles.

10 Kronocide  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 1:53:05pm

Oh yeah, LOL
etc
etc
etc

11 Dark_Falcon  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:01:11pm

re: #3 dragonath

So, she sacrificed her CNN career for Todd Akin?

Haha.

Attacking people who work for the same network you contribute to will not endear you to the bookers. Frankly, I don't how Ms. Loesch could have not known that.

12 wrenchwench  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:04:01pm

re: #6 freetoken

I think this is more about the state of journalism here than about the distance between popular culture and science. It's still probably unsolvable and will lead to the destruction of civilization as we know it though.

Happy holidays! (There, I helped things along...)

13 Mattand  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:09:05pm

re: #11 Dark_Falcon

From what I've read of Ms. Loesch, she just didn't care. She seemed to be confusing being a Tea Party hotshot with actually being important.

Also, I'm having a hard time believing that the guy who replaced Larry King was cool with a barely-above-public-access radio show host stealing his interviews.

14 jaunte  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:11:58pm
15 A Man for all Seasons  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:12:00pm

re: #12 wrenchwench

Happy Holidays to you! I woke up today and the whole world was gone.I'm going car and boat shopping tomorrow. I hope there aren't zombies

16 Mattand  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:12:53pm

re: #6 freetoken

re: #12 wrenchwench

If you aren't already, you should check out The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe podcast. They often deal with the deplorable state of science education/reporting in general, and the US specifically.

Also, these posts remind me of the conservative nutbag I dumped from FB. He was always complaining about the lack of funding for NASA, while conveniently overlooking the fact the GOP is relentlessly anti-science. Who do you think keeps cutting those funds, Chumley?

17 Kragar  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:13:52pm

For any Fallout: New Vegas junkies out there, check out the Project: Nevada mod.

18 wrenchwench  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:14:00pm

My new favorite Christmas song (with a token menorah in the video):

Get 'em now before the government takes away all our freedoms.

19 Dark_Falcon  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:16:34pm

OT: This is such a good BURN! that I just have to post it:

There was one sentence missing from the National Rifle Association's press briefing Friday.

After decrying the lack of a (wildly unconstitutional) national database for Americans with mental health issues, and after fingering the culprit in the murder of 20 Connecticut children ("national media, corporate owners and stockholders act as silent enablers, if not silent co-conspirators"), and after asserting that school gunmen would be neutralized by patriotic retirees packing heat, NRA executive vice-president Wayne LaPierre left the dais without delivering the payoff line:

"Live from New York … it's SATURDAY NIGHT!"

It sure seemed like an SNL cold open: a cartoonishly radical influence-peddler in tragicomic denial over the role a high-capacity assault weapon had played in the latest of America's monthly shooting massacres. Bill Hader or Jason Sudeikis as LaPierre? It's a toss-up.

Agree or disagree with author on guns, but that one is wickedly good.

20 wrenchwench  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:17:34pm

re: #15 A Man for all Seasons

A little rowboat for the lake to catch bluegills? I've spent a few weeks of my life in northern Wisconsin. And a few years in southern Wisconsin, but we left when I was six. I went back a few summers and went to my gramma's cabin in Pembine.

I hope you enjoy it. If you don't, go somewhere else!

21 freetoken  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:17:39pm

re: #16 Mattand

Oh yes, "we voted on it":

22 Targetpractice  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:18:57pm

re: #17 Kragar

It's on my list once I finish playing through once with the vanilla game.

23 Kragar  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:20:25pm

re: #22 Targetpractice

It's on my list once I finish playing through once with the vanilla game.

Just got it last night, added in a bunch of content they didn't use in the final game, modded the GUI and controls some, currently still messing around Goodsprings and Primm.

24 Kronocide  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:21:52pm

Last time I install a retail grade router from Office Max.

New Netgear client bought I configured for him, worked. A week or two later, tells me about problems.

I go out yesterday, bring new Cisco E2500 with me. Netgear works fine... for about 45 minutes. Then gets really sketchy.

Fire up and config Cisco: works sketchy out of box.

Call ISP for help. Tech support calls me back: tech is guy I hired and fired 6 years ago! LOL. He helps me... tells me I need a new router. Wireless ISP radio works plugged into my laptop.

Return today with Airport Extreme. Netgear is working again....! I'll leave a note for the client:

Only use 1 hr or less. If stops working, unplug for 1 hr or overnight. Enjoy!

25 Mattand  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:23:16pm

re: #21 freetoken

Ya know, I haven't watched these yet. I'll check it out later.

26 A Man for all Seasons  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:23:47pm

re: #20 wrenchwench

I hope you enjoy it. If you don't, go somewhere else!

Thank you..I'm really looking forward to starting a new life.

27 Targetpractice  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:25:50pm

re: #23 Kragar

Yeah, I've looked into it. Reminds me a lot of the FOOK for Fallout 3. Though I think the first mod I'm going to try is jsawyer.

28 engineer cat  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:33:39pm

applauding US soldiers who urinated on corpses

just like limbaugh violating what is acceptable in that most american of contexts, a sports show, these wingnuts, who insist that they are the standard of what is normal and american, continue to show up in normal contexts, outside of their fever swamp, as just the opposite - unacceptable to mainstream americans

29 wrenchwench  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:37:11pm

re: #16 Mattand

re: #12 wrenchwench

One of my brothers works at a national laboratory. Another one is a Smithsonian Fellow who now teaches in Colombia. I live in a state that is sometimes derided for receiving more federal funds than it pays in. A lot of those funds go to national laboratories. People should use their computers and cell phones to call for more science, not less, or they won't have good computers and cell phones.

30 Kronocide  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:47:12pm

Airport Extreme: 13 minutes to set up and get working.

31 wrenchwench  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:49:13pm
32 Kronocide  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:49:36pm

re: #29 wrenchwench

Next time I'm on the mainland can I have TGiving at your house?

33 wrenchwench  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:51:57pm

re: #32 Kronocide

Next time I'm on the mainland can I have TGiving at your house?

Sure, but I should warn you about my sisters first....

34 Kronocide  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:53:04pm

re: #33 wrenchwench

Sure, but I should warn you about my sisters first....

That's what your bikes are for.

35 Kragar  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:53:05pm

DERP!

36 Targetpractice  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:54:22pm

re: #35 Kragar

DERP!

Or the GOP could just stop protecting the rich. Simpler.

37 freetoken  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 2:56:13pm

It's become near impossible to distinguish the difference between the JBS and standard Republican speaking points and so called mainstream "conservatives":

Not the emphasis on masculinity.

38 Kronocide  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 3:03:28pm

I thought Herman Munster was dead. Looks pretty snappy in his mucky muck getup.

39 wrenchwench  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 3:04:36pm

re: #37 freetoken

Not the emphasis on masculinity.

'Our effeminate president'? This guy needs a gun because it's the only way he can feel superior to Obama.

40 freetoken  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 3:08:57pm

Let me take this opportunity to write once again how disappointed I am in some of the Democratic Party leadership, and even President Obama. Looking at the President's reply to the fast growing WH website "petitions" calling for gun control, once again we see his inherent accomodationist/triangulationist nature.

Fine if you want to be a care-taker President, but it's a way to lose the war for the minds and hearts.

41 Hercules Grytpype-Thynneghazi  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 3:11:06pm

re: #37 freetoken

Not the emphasis on masculinity.

as a means to react people into more and more onious laws

Apparently coherent English is one American tradition the JBS isn't so hot on.

42 wrenchwench  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 3:12:21pm

re: #37 freetoken

Not the emphasis on masculinity.

"The purpose of the Second Amendment was to be armed to the level of the government."

Time for personal nuke ownership, and backyard drones.

43 HappyWarrior  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 3:13:19pm

re: #42 wrenchwench

Time for personal nuke ownership, and backyard drones.

So, where's my stealth bomber? What an absurd point. Typical paranoid fantasy too.

44 PhillyPretzel  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 3:13:54pm

re: #42 wrenchwench

I do not think I have enough room in my house for a nuke. //

45 wrenchwench  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 3:14:18pm

re: #43 HappyWarrior

That's the JBS for you. And there influence on the Republicans seems to grow every year.

46 HappyWarrior  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 3:15:07pm

re: #45 wrenchwench

Yeah, it's crazy to think after all these years that they're making a comeback.

47 wrenchwench  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 3:15:31pm

re: #44 PhillyPretzel

I do not think I have enough room in my house for a nuke. //

We must pressure our government to develop pocket nukes so they can't become totalitarian.

48 Hercules Grytpype-Thynneghazi  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 3:15:40pm

re: #44 PhillyPretzel

I do not think I have enough room in my house for a nuke. //

Image: 40-mr_fusion.jpg

49 Amory Blaine  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 3:16:13pm

re: #40 freetoken

Yeah I'm wondering why he feels he has to go "more than halfway" to bargain with Boehner.

50 wrenchwench  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 3:18:50pm

re: #37 freetoken

Not the emphasis on masculinity.

Managing our economy is not freedom. We need free enterprise. Free enterprise is not a system. If it were a system, it would not be free enterprise.

51 PhillyPretzel  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 3:23:19pm

re: #50 wrenchwench

[Link: www.thefreedictionary.com...]

Hmm. Do you think Wharton could help them? //

52 freetoken  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 3:25:08pm

All one has to do is go to the WaPo article on Obama's video yesterday and read the comments:

Obama tells gun control petitioners ‘We hear you’

The online raging right is in full rage mode, as they have been for 4 years, and nothing the President says will ever, ever, change their minds.

There's a deep social sickness here, but I expect the President likewise to never, ever, broach that issue.

53 Gus  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 3:35:53pm

re: #52 freetoken

Obama tells gun control petitioners ‘We hear you’

Yeah, but Obama can only go as far as requesting congress to put something on his desk. In the end it's up to congress which means you'll also be dealing with the Republican Party controlled house. As far as the deep social sickness I've seen a great deal of self-censorship from the gun control side. We worship, relish, govern through violence. We are horrified by gun violence yet laugh at the next person executed and live in a world where our foreign policy includes "kill lists." We'll blame Mattel for making plastic M-16 machine guns and many see this as a contributor to gun violence yet say one thing critical of Pulp Fiction and everyone is reaching for their smelling salts.

54 makeitstop  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 4:27:14pm

re: #49 Amory Blaine

He's not.

Mr. Obama repeatedly lost patience with the speaker as negotiations faltered. In an Oval Office meeting last week, he told Mr. Boehner that if the sides didn’t reach agreement, he would use his inaugural address and his State of the Union speech to tell the country the Republicans were at fault.

At one point, according to notes taken by a participant, Mr. Boehner told the president, “I put $800 billion [in tax revenue] on the table. What do I get for that?”

“You get nothing,” the president said. “I get that for free.”

Doesn't sound like he's in a 'more than halfway' mood to me.

55 Obdicut  Sat, Dec 22, 2012 4:30:52pm

re: #53 Gus

I don't really see many people blaming Mattel and not blaming Pulp Fiction.

^ back to top ^

TwitterFacebook

Turn off all ads for a full year by subscribing!
For about 33 cents a day (per month) or 22 cents a day (per year), our subscription option turns off all advertisements at LGF!
Read more...

► LGF Headlines

► Tweeted Articles

► Tweeted Pages

► Top 10 Comments

► Bottom Comments

► Recent Comments

► Tools/Info

► Tag Cloud

► Contact

You must have Javascript enabled to use the contact form.
Your email:

Subject:

Message:

Messages may be published unless you request otherwise.
Tech Note:
Using the Contact Form
LGF Pages

This button leads to the main index of LGF Pages, our user-submitted articles. You can post your own LGF Pages simply by registering a free account with us.

Create a Page

This is the LGF Pages posting bookmarklet. To use it, drag this button to your browser's bookmark bar, and title it 'LGF Pages' (or whatever you like). Then browse to a site you want to post, select some text on the page to use for a quote, click the bookmarklet, and the Pages posting window will appear with the title, text, and any embedded video or audio files already filled in, ready to go.

Last updated: 2014-03-07 2:19 pm PST

LGF User's Guide
Recent Pages
Indy GOP Refugee
Adam Lanza’s Mental Problems ‘Completely Untreated’
While stricter gun control may limit the mentally ill's ability to access them, and remove one path of violence from them, many other options remain. A suicide is not just about suicide with a gun. Murder is not just about ...

1 second ago
Views: 0 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 0
Lumberhead
‘Totally Innocent’ Unarmed Man Shot Dead by New York Police
Police say two officers were conducting a "vertical patrol" in the Pink Houses complex in the East New York neighborhood of Brooklyn. Bratton said one officer, reportedly with 18 months' experience on the job, appeared to have accidentally fired ...

25 minutes ago
Views: 58 • Comments: 2
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 0
Randall Gross
Slowly Back Away From the Microphone: Wash. Student Penalized for Disruptions, Not Preaching
A high school student has filed suit against the Everett, Wash., school district, claiming that the administrators of Everett High School unfairly suspended for proselytizing to his classmates. Michael Leal has retained the Pacific Justice Institute (PJI), a Religious ...

Views: 91 • Comments: 1
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 2
teleskiguy
“Chelsea Hotel” performed by Tal Wilkenfeld
I first saw Austrailian bass player Tal Wilkenfeld play with Jeff Beck (not live, mind you. On YouTube) and was amazed at her skills and chops. She was only 20 when she scored that gig. She's coming into her own ...

Views: 66 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 1
FemNaziBitch
History of Laws Concerning Immigration and Naturalization in the United States -WIKI
The United States Constitution was adopted on September 17, 1787. Article I, section 8, clause 4 of the Constitution expressly gives the United States Congress the power to establish a uniform rule of naturalization.[1] Pursuant to this power, Congress ...

Views: 143 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 1
MichaelJ
COMFORTABLY NUMB - Peahi Nov 12 on Vimeo
Channel angle of the Nov 12th swell at Peahi.

Views: 364 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 1 • Rating: 2
Romantic Heretic
Money Makes Us Less Rational
Here's an interesting article on scientific studies that demonstrate how rationality and empathy break down is the presence of large amounts of money.

Views: 570 • Comments: 2
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 1
wheat-dogghazi-bola-trality
Uncomfortable Xi-Abe Handshake Spawns New Winnie the Pooh Comparison
Asian powerhouses China and Japan have not been on the best of terms lately, following disagreements over who has claim to some islands -- and possible undersea gas and oil fields -- in the South China Sea. So perhaps we ...

Views: 1,904 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 1 • Rating: 4
EiMitch
CollegeHumor: If Call of Duty Were Treated Like A Real Thing
Mildly NSFW (bleeped-out language) CollegeHumor seems to be doing a bit of cross-promotion with CoD: Advanced Warfare. Consider that disclosure. That aside, it was funny because... Actually I can't explain without spoiling it. As for the game being advertised, I ...

Views: 869 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 0
Three Chord Monty
Michael Moore defends Bill Maher
"You may not agree with Bill on everything. Yet I'm guessing you love it when he goes after the Uterun Police/Protectors of Child Rapists (also known as The Vatican), or when he brilliantly satirizes the crazy Christian Right which ...

Views: 1,291 • Comments: 4
Tweets: 83 • Rating: 1
 Frank says:

Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.