1 Bubblehead II  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 1:59:28pm

That was……………. Painfull

2 Our Precious Bodily Fluids  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:08:31pm

re: #1 Bubblehead II

That still wasn’t as bad as the savage act of cruelty Jennifer Hudson inflicted on Al Greene’s “Let’s Stay Together”.

3 FemNaziBitch  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:11:55pm

And Beyonce is laughing all the way to the bank.

4 austin_blue  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:15:27pm

Sometimes they try too hard…

5 wrenchwench  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:16:15pm

re: #2 Our Precious Bodily Fluids

Oooh, glad I missed it then.

6 Bubblehead II  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:26:50pm

What could go wrong?

Besides trying to land it on a busy street.

Flying Cars May Soon Hit Dealership

7 makeitstop  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:41:10pm

BLR guy is a master of the absurd. Has he revealed his identity yet?

8 Charles Johnson  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:49:05pm

The Onion’s Year in Review: 2012

9 freetoken  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:57:08pm

This will probably be important for the Democrats to retain:

Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) won’t seek reelection

Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa), a five-term senator and one of his party’s most outspoken liberals, will not seek reelection in 2014, presenting Democrats and Republicans with key tests of their midterm electoral strategies.

Iowa is a “purple” state in the oil-and-water type of way - simultaneously having one of the most liberal and most conservatives of senate delegations.

I wonder if Steve King will run for this seat?

10 freetoken  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:00:17pm

If the Democratic party loses both the W.Va (Rockefeller) and Iowa (Harkin) seats, the Senate will definitely be in stasis the last two years of the Obama presidency, making him a true lame duck.

11 austin_blue  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:00:23pm

The Onion’s Year in Review: 2012

Okay, now *that’s* funny. Freeze it on the universally insulting cartoon.

12 Gus  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:02:49pm

re: #9 freetoken

This will probably be important for the Democrats to retain:

Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) won’t seek reelection

I wonder if Steve King will run for this seat?

Don’t forget Mass.

13 freetoken  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:03:42pm

re: #12 Gus

Yes, the Kerry seat. That would make 3 long time Democratic Party seats that they could lose.

14 freetoken  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:05:28pm

The problem with IA and West Va., though, is that the Republican parties in those states could nominate, and get elected, real wingnuts.

Remember, 2014 is an “off” year election, and if as in 2010 the Obama supporters don’t show up in masses the GOP will run away with these seats.

15 freetoken  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:09:56pm

This is America:

Critics say bill could allow creationism in Montana classrooms

A lawmaker’s proposal protecting “alternative viewpoints” during the teaching of evolution and science in schools came under fire Friday from opponents who argued it would pave the way for teaching of creationism.

Rep. Clayton Fiscus, R-Billings, said evolution isn’t settled science and called it a “monumental leap” to believe it is true. His bill would allow teachers – if they want – to address perceived weaknesses in evolution studies in the classroom.

“This is just a bill to instruct what we have presently in the science on the origins of life,” Fiscus said. “We should teach what we do know. We should also teach what we don’t know.”

[…]

Social conservatives were preparing to take another hot-button issue to the committee on Monday. They are seeking limits on local sex education curriculum, such as by requiring parental consent to opt into sex education classes.

It also would ban any organization that provides abortion services from assisting with sex education in schools.

16 Decatur Deb  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:12:13pm

re: #14 freetoken

That’s being tended to. Organizing for Obama has gone through the fire and reincarnated as Organizing for Action.

[Link: my.barackobama.com…]

“You in?”

17 dragonath  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:17:21pm

There was an early poll in W.Va that had the Democratic candidate like, 40 points up on the Republican challenger. I’m not so sure about Iowa, but I’d be thinking Tea Party fatigue would be greatest in a place that has been burned over by Santorum, Bachmann, et al.

Some of the Southern states have extremely weird dynamics. The Democratic governor of Arkansas won every single county in the state a couple of years ago (IIRC) because the Republicans supported a sales tax on food and essentials.

Okay, maybe I’m too optimistic…

18 Skeetghazi  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:17:45pm

Gus, OT, what is the whole package of Architectural plans called formally?

Architectural Plans?

heh. I’m a wreck.

19 Gus  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:18:48pm

re: #18 Stanghazi

Gus, OT, what is the whole package of Architectural plans called formally?

Architectural Plans?

heh. I’m a wreck.

That. Got any leads for work yet?

20 freetoken  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:20:00pm

re: #17 dragonath

The Democratic party in WVa still has the institutional advantage from very many years of influences - from the confederacy through the New Deal through Byrd naming everything after himself.

Yet many of the voters there hate Obama.

21 Skeetghazi  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:21:38pm

re: #19 Gus

That. Got any leads for work yet?

I’m responding to bs craigslist right now. I know I’m qualified for the 2 jobs I see there.

This is gonna SUCK. But I’m trying to get out of my very dangerous funk and think positive. Only day 1 of unemployment, so there’s that. THANKS!

22 Decatur Deb  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:25:55pm

re: #20 freetoken

Yet many of the voters there hate Obama.

He won’t be running. Brings up another TPGOP problem in 2014-16: How will their clownshow candidates fare against a melanin-deficient Democrat?

23 Gus  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:26:15pm

re: #21 Stanghazi

Yeah, try to avoid being a gloomy Gus. :D

24 HoosierHoops  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:27:05pm

re: #21 Stanghazi

I would check on Gov’t help wanted boards, Local, State and Federal.

25 Decatur Deb  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:28:21pm

re: #21 Stanghazi

Your comment last night was a little confusing. Is your shop layoff enought to put all of you into the ‘unemployed’ world, or into reduced hours. Are they trying to dance around Unemployment Insurance eligibility for your team?

26 Skeetghazi  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:28:33pm

re: #23 Gus

Yeah, try to avoid being a gloomy Gus. :D

Hey, do you know Callidus? That was the program I was using. Downloading PDF from Arch plans then measuring.

Damn, it was the best job evah. I’m going to have to go back to accounting unless a miracle occurs.

27 Gus  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:28:41pm

re: #24 HoosierHoops

I would check on Gov’t help wanted boards, Local, State and Federal.

[Link: www.usajobs.gov…]

28 Skeetghazi  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:29:18pm

re: #25 Decatur Deb

Entire office closed. One lucky guy gets to commute to Orange County.

We are done as of Thursday. Monday is going to be interesting.

29 Gus  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:30:25pm

re: #26 Stanghazi

Callidus? Nope, never heard of it. I look around for work sometimes and get discouraged. Still working on my own. Today, everyone wants you to know whatever specific software they’re using in their office.

30 Skeetghazi  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:30:46pm

Thanks you guys. (Hoops I’ll check everything)

As you can imagine it’s tough. I’m still in the shock stage that a company/job has so much power over my life.

31 Decatur Deb  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:33:08pm

re: #28 Stanghazi

Entire office closed. One lucky guy gets to commute to Orange County.

We are done as of Thursday. Monday is going to be interesting.

Don’t know about your state— the unemployment insurance office here is highly automated and pretty competent. They have most serious jobs in the state at their fingertips.

32 dragonath  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:34:22pm

re: #22 Decatur Deb

That reminds me. I remember reading somewhere that in 2008 Obama ended up with a higher percentage of the white vote in W. Va than Virginia.

33 HoosierHoops  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:35:17pm

re: #27 Gus

[Link: www.usajobs.gov…]

I do a civil service test right away. I took one with a thousand people. I don’t want to say the average person is dumb but I scored in top three out of a 1000 and got my choice of jobs. Crazy.

34 Skeetghazi  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:42:13pm

re: #31 Decatur Deb

Thanks!

35 Bubblehead II  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 4:33:57pm

Night Lizards’. As usual, May The Deity Smile Down Upon Yjou

Neil Finn - Don’t Dream It’s Over (Live With Strings, Auckland 2015) Neil Finn performing 'Don't Dream It's Over' at Auckland Town Hall, New Zealand, 18th July 2015.Listen to RNZ National's recording of the concert at radionz.co.nzRecorded and mixed by Andre Upston. Video by Kontent, directed by Simon Mark-Brown.String arrangements by ...
Political Donor Pleads Guilty to Investment Fraud Scheme ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) — A political donor and cable news commentator pleaded guilty Friday to federal criminal charges in what prosecutors described as a $30 million investment fraud scheme tied to his health-technology company. Sreedhar Potarazu, 51, an ophthalmogist ...
Joe Bonamassa - ‘The Valley Runs Low’ - Official Music VIdeo► FREE ALBUM DOWNLOAD - goo.gl ● Official Tickets ●jbonamassa.com ● Official Social Links ●facebook.comTweets by JBONAMASSA instagram.compinterest.com ● Official Merchandise ●shop.jbonamassa.com
18 hours ago
Former Special Forces Officer: Gen. ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Left ‘My Men to Die’ Mattis has not commented publicly on the incident, which was chronicled in a 2011 New York Times bestselling book, "The Only Thing Worth Dying For," by Eric Blehm. The book portrays Mattis as stubbornly unwilling to help the Green ...
1 day, 1 hour ago
US Unemployment Rate Falls to Nine-Year Low Figures from the Labor Department showed the US economy created 178,000 jobs in November, while the jobless rate fell to 4.6% from 4.9% in October. The data adds to recent evidence of healthy growth in the economy, although wage ...
Simple Crusty Bread Recipe - NYT Cooking Ingredients 1 ½ tablespoons yeast 1 ½ tablespoons kosher salt 6 ½ cups unbleached, all-purpose flour, more for dusting dough Cornmeal Nutritional Information Nutritional analysis per serving (10 servings) 301 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 ...
The Vicious Babushka
2 days, 1 hour ago
Live From Daryl’s House - ‘She’s Gone’ On this episode of Live From Daryl's House, Daryl Hall enlists Anderson East, the southern singer/songwriter, up to the northeast. East's unique fusion of soul, R&B, gospel, and early rock, in conjunction with Daryl, will surely leave you wanting ...
Chocolate Silk Pie Recipe - NYT Cooking Ingredients For the crust 1 ½ cups ground chocolate wafers (from about 30 cookies) ⅓ cup sugar 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted For the filling ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature 1 ¼ cups sugar ¼ teaspoon kosher ...
The Vicious Babushka
Chez Panisse Meyer Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe - NYT Cooking Ingredients Flaky pie crust, enough for a 9-inch shell (see recipe) The filling: 2 Meyer lemons or other large lemons 2 eggs 3 egg yolks 6 tablespoons sugar 3 tablespoons salted butter, cut in 3 pieces 3 tablespoons unsalted ...
The Vicious Babushka
Bourbon Pecan Pie Recipe - NYT Cooking Ingredients 3 eggs, lightly beaten 1 cup granulated sugar ½ cup light corn syrup ½ cup dark corn syrup ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted 2 tablespoons bourbon 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ¼ teaspoon salt 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell ...
The Vicious Babushka