1 Bubblehead II  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 1:59:28pm

That was……………. Painfull

2 Our Precious Bodily Fluids  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:08:31pm

re: #1 Bubblehead II

That still wasn’t as bad as the savage act of cruelty Jennifer Hudson inflicted on Al Greene’s “Let’s Stay Together”.

3 FemNaziBitch  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:11:55pm

And Beyonce is laughing all the way to the bank.

4 austin_blue  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:15:27pm

Sometimes they try too hard…

5 wrenchwench  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:16:15pm

re: #2 Our Precious Bodily Fluids

Oooh, glad I missed it then.

6 Bubblehead II  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:26:50pm

What could go wrong?

Besides trying to land it on a busy street.

Flying Cars May Soon Hit Dealership

7 makeitstop  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:41:10pm

BLR guy is a master of the absurd. Has he revealed his identity yet?

8 Charles Johnson  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:49:05pm

The Onion’s Year in Review: 2012

9 freetoken  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:57:08pm

This will probably be important for the Democrats to retain:

Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) won’t seek reelection

Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa), a five-term senator and one of his party’s most outspoken liberals, will not seek reelection in 2014, presenting Democrats and Republicans with key tests of their midterm electoral strategies.

Iowa is a “purple” state in the oil-and-water type of way - simultaneously having one of the most liberal and most conservatives of senate delegations.

I wonder if Steve King will run for this seat?

10 freetoken  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:00:17pm

If the Democratic party loses both the W.Va (Rockefeller) and Iowa (Harkin) seats, the Senate will definitely be in stasis the last two years of the Obama presidency, making him a true lame duck.

11 austin_blue  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:00:23pm

The Onion’s Year in Review: 2012

Okay, now *that’s* funny. Freeze it on the universally insulting cartoon.

12 Gus  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:02:49pm

re: #9 freetoken

This will probably be important for the Democrats to retain:

Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) won’t seek reelection

I wonder if Steve King will run for this seat?

Don’t forget Mass.

13 freetoken  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:03:42pm

re: #12 Gus

Yes, the Kerry seat. That would make 3 long time Democratic Party seats that they could lose.

14 freetoken  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:05:28pm

The problem with IA and West Va., though, is that the Republican parties in those states could nominate, and get elected, real wingnuts.

Remember, 2014 is an “off” year election, and if as in 2010 the Obama supporters don’t show up in masses the GOP will run away with these seats.

15 freetoken  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:09:56pm

This is America:

Critics say bill could allow creationism in Montana classrooms

A lawmaker’s proposal protecting “alternative viewpoints” during the teaching of evolution and science in schools came under fire Friday from opponents who argued it would pave the way for teaching of creationism.

Rep. Clayton Fiscus, R-Billings, said evolution isn’t settled science and called it a “monumental leap” to believe it is true. His bill would allow teachers – if they want – to address perceived weaknesses in evolution studies in the classroom.

“This is just a bill to instruct what we have presently in the science on the origins of life,” Fiscus said. “We should teach what we do know. We should also teach what we don’t know.”

[…]

Social conservatives were preparing to take another hot-button issue to the committee on Monday. They are seeking limits on local sex education curriculum, such as by requiring parental consent to opt into sex education classes.

It also would ban any organization that provides abortion services from assisting with sex education in schools.

16 Decatur Deb  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:12:13pm

re: #14 freetoken

That’s being tended to. Organizing for Obama has gone through the fire and reincarnated as Organizing for Action.

[Link: my.barackobama.com…]

“You in?”

17 dragonath  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:17:21pm

There was an early poll in W.Va that had the Democratic candidate like, 40 points up on the Republican challenger. I’m not so sure about Iowa, but I’d be thinking Tea Party fatigue would be greatest in a place that has been burned over by Santorum, Bachmann, et al.

Some of the Southern states have extremely weird dynamics. The Democratic governor of Arkansas won every single county in the state a couple of years ago (IIRC) because the Republicans supported a sales tax on food and essentials.

Okay, maybe I’m too optimistic…

18 Skeetghazi  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:17:45pm

Gus, OT, what is the whole package of Architectural plans called formally?

Architectural Plans?

heh. I’m a wreck.

19 Gus  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:18:48pm

re: #18 Stanghazi

Gus, OT, what is the whole package of Architectural plans called formally?

Architectural Plans?

heh. I’m a wreck.

That. Got any leads for work yet?

20 freetoken  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:20:00pm

re: #17 dragonath

The Democratic party in WVa still has the institutional advantage from very many years of influences - from the confederacy through the New Deal through Byrd naming everything after himself.

Yet many of the voters there hate Obama.

21 Skeetghazi  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:21:38pm

re: #19 Gus

That. Got any leads for work yet?

I’m responding to bs craigslist right now. I know I’m qualified for the 2 jobs I see there.

This is gonna SUCK. But I’m trying to get out of my very dangerous funk and think positive. Only day 1 of unemployment, so there’s that. THANKS!

22 Decatur Deb  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:25:55pm

re: #20 freetoken

Yet many of the voters there hate Obama.

He won’t be running. Brings up another TPGOP problem in 2014-16: How will their clownshow candidates fare against a melanin-deficient Democrat?

23 Gus  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:26:15pm

re: #21 Stanghazi

Yeah, try to avoid being a gloomy Gus. :D

24 HoosierHoops  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:27:05pm

re: #21 Stanghazi

I would check on Gov’t help wanted boards, Local, State and Federal.

25 Decatur Deb  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:28:21pm

re: #21 Stanghazi

Your comment last night was a little confusing. Is your shop layoff enought to put all of you into the ‘unemployed’ world, or into reduced hours. Are they trying to dance around Unemployment Insurance eligibility for your team?

26 Skeetghazi  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:28:33pm

re: #23 Gus

Yeah, try to avoid being a gloomy Gus. :D

Hey, do you know Callidus? That was the program I was using. Downloading PDF from Arch plans then measuring.

Damn, it was the best job evah. I’m going to have to go back to accounting unless a miracle occurs.

27 Gus  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:28:41pm

re: #24 HoosierHoops

I would check on Gov’t help wanted boards, Local, State and Federal.

[Link: www.usajobs.gov…]

28 Skeetghazi  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:29:18pm

re: #25 Decatur Deb

Entire office closed. One lucky guy gets to commute to Orange County.

We are done as of Thursday. Monday is going to be interesting.

29 Gus  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:30:25pm

re: #26 Stanghazi

Callidus? Nope, never heard of it. I look around for work sometimes and get discouraged. Still working on my own. Today, everyone wants you to know whatever specific software they’re using in their office.

30 Skeetghazi  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:30:46pm

Thanks you guys. (Hoops I’ll check everything)

As you can imagine it’s tough. I’m still in the shock stage that a company/job has so much power over my life.

31 Decatur Deb  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:33:08pm

re: #28 Stanghazi

Entire office closed. One lucky guy gets to commute to Orange County.

We are done as of Thursday. Monday is going to be interesting.

Don’t know about your state— the unemployment insurance office here is highly automated and pretty competent. They have most serious jobs in the state at their fingertips.

32 dragonath  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:34:22pm

re: #22 Decatur Deb

That reminds me. I remember reading somewhere that in 2008 Obama ended up with a higher percentage of the white vote in W. Va than Virginia.

33 HoosierHoops  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:35:17pm

re: #27 Gus

[Link: www.usajobs.gov…]

I do a civil service test right away. I took one with a thousand people. I don’t want to say the average person is dumb but I scored in top three out of a 1000 and got my choice of jobs. Crazy.

34 Skeetghazi  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:42:13pm

re: #31 Decatur Deb

Thanks!

35 Bubblehead II  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 4:33:57pm

Night Lizards’. As usual, May The Deity Smile Down Upon Yjou

Constitutional Crisis II Trump’s ‘Emoluments’ Defense Argues He Can Violate the Constitution With Impunity. When the president of the United States violates the Constitution there must be a way for a federal court to hear the case and provide a remedy. Three different lawsuits have been filed against President Trump claiming that he ...
Unshaken Defiance
Mad Men: Inside the Men’s Rights Movement—and the Army of Misogynists and Trolls It Spawned - Mother Jones On a balmy afternoon last June, dozens of demonstrators carrying “Stop the Violence” and “Rape is Rape” placards descended on the Hilton DoubleTree in downtown Detroit. They had come to protest the first-ever national gathering of the men’s rights ...
Birth Control Works
5 hours, 1 minute ago
Men Legally Allowed to Finish Sex Even if Woman Revokes Consent, NC Law States - Broadly ne May evening in 1977, Beverly Hester was sexually assaulted. According to the summary included in the North Carolina Supreme Court decision State v. Way, she testified that the perpetrator, Donnie Way, threatened to beat her if she didn't ...
Birth Control Works
Trump’s WH Chemical Attack Warning Illustrates Further Admin Disarray What a way to run a free world. Several State Department officials typically involved in coordinating such announcements said they were caught completely off guard by the warning, which didn't appear to have been discussed in advance with other ...
Unshaken Defiance
7 hours, 1 minute ago
4 USAF Aircraft Destroyed or Damaged in a Week Thunderbirds F16 flipped when landing after their practice flight for Dayton Air Show. Two people hurt. 📷WHIO pic.twitter.com/LRcuVucKIm — Tom Podolec CTV News (@TomPodolec) June 23, 2017 A few days ago an F-16 crashed on takeoff at Ellington AFB, ...
Unshaken Defiance
The Mets, Jets, and Dems; My Triumvirate of Lost Causesblog.timesunion.comFor pictures, click on the link above. The Mets, Jets, and Dems; my triumvirate of lost causesBy Rob Hoffman on June 26, 2017 at 5:53 AM0I’m in a slump. This is an undeniable fact, and not one of those alternative ...
rhoffman
Views: 260 • Comments: 1 • Rating: -2
Why Are So Many Queer Girls in Juvie? The findings come out of years of research done by Angela Irvine and Aisha Canfield for the National Council on Crime and Delinquency (both now work at Impact Justice). For this particular statistic, they anonymously surveyed 1,400 girls in ...
Birth Control Works
2 days, 1 hour ago
North Carolina Televangelist Indicted on Charges of Tax Crimes Coontz, 50, is described on his website as a "pastor, evangelist, television host, author, humanitarian, philanthropist, businessman." "a 2011 BMW, a 2011 Regal 2500 boat, a 2012 BMW convertible, a 2011 Lexus, a 2011 Land Rover, a 2006 Ferrari, ...
Tarkloon
Isaac Asimov’s Best Arguments of All Time, Part One ➤ #Subscribe: goo.gl➤ Facebook: goo.gl➤ Twitter: goo.gl➤ Google+ : goo.gl➤ Site: goo.gl➤ Thanks for watching :) #Sciencetoday is channel uses for #education, #teaching, #review, #commentary, or research... If you have any issues with content, please contact us, for an ...
Tarkloon
AWOLNATION - Hollow Moon (Bad Wolf) (Official Video) AWOLNATION's official video for "Hollow Moon (Bad Wolf)". Watch the new AWOLNATION video Run (Beautiful Things) - YouTube From AWOLNATION’s new album, ‘RUN’, available now at:iTunes - smarturl.it CDs, Vinyl + Bundles - smarturl.itGoogle Play - smarturl.it Stream ‘RUN’ ...
Tarkloon