1 Bubblehead II  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 1:59:28pm

That was……………. Painfull

2 Our Precious Bodily Fluids  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:08:31pm

re: #1 Bubblehead II

That still wasn’t as bad as the savage act of cruelty Jennifer Hudson inflicted on Al Greene’s “Let’s Stay Together”.

3 FemNaziBitch  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:11:55pm

And Beyonce is laughing all the way to the bank.

4 austin_blue  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:15:27pm

Sometimes they try too hard…

5 wrenchwench  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:16:15pm

re: #2 Our Precious Bodily Fluids

Oooh, glad I missed it then.

6 Bubblehead II  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:26:50pm

What could go wrong?

Besides trying to land it on a busy street.

Flying Cars May Soon Hit Dealership

7 makeitstop  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:41:10pm

BLR guy is a master of the absurd. Has he revealed his identity yet?

8 Charles Johnson  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:49:05pm

The Onion’s Year in Review: 2012

9 freetoken  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 2:57:08pm

This will probably be important for the Democrats to retain:

Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) won’t seek reelection

Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa), a five-term senator and one of his party’s most outspoken liberals, will not seek reelection in 2014, presenting Democrats and Republicans with key tests of their midterm electoral strategies.

Iowa is a “purple” state in the oil-and-water type of way - simultaneously having one of the most liberal and most conservatives of senate delegations.

I wonder if Steve King will run for this seat?

10 freetoken  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:00:17pm

If the Democratic party loses both the W.Va (Rockefeller) and Iowa (Harkin) seats, the Senate will definitely be in stasis the last two years of the Obama presidency, making him a true lame duck.

11 austin_blue  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:00:23pm

The Onion’s Year in Review: 2012

Okay, now *that’s* funny. Freeze it on the universally insulting cartoon.

12 Gus  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:02:49pm

re: #9 freetoken

This will probably be important for the Democrats to retain:

Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) won’t seek reelection

I wonder if Steve King will run for this seat?

Don’t forget Mass.

13 freetoken  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:03:42pm

re: #12 Gus

Yes, the Kerry seat. That would make 3 long time Democratic Party seats that they could lose.

14 freetoken  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:05:28pm

The problem with IA and West Va., though, is that the Republican parties in those states could nominate, and get elected, real wingnuts.

Remember, 2014 is an “off” year election, and if as in 2010 the Obama supporters don’t show up in masses the GOP will run away with these seats.

15 freetoken  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:09:56pm

This is America:

Critics say bill could allow creationism in Montana classrooms

A lawmaker’s proposal protecting “alternative viewpoints” during the teaching of evolution and science in schools came under fire Friday from opponents who argued it would pave the way for teaching of creationism.

Rep. Clayton Fiscus, R-Billings, said evolution isn’t settled science and called it a “monumental leap” to believe it is true. His bill would allow teachers – if they want – to address perceived weaknesses in evolution studies in the classroom.

“This is just a bill to instruct what we have presently in the science on the origins of life,” Fiscus said. “We should teach what we do know. We should also teach what we don’t know.”

[…]

Social conservatives were preparing to take another hot-button issue to the committee on Monday. They are seeking limits on local sex education curriculum, such as by requiring parental consent to opt into sex education classes.

It also would ban any organization that provides abortion services from assisting with sex education in schools.

16 Decatur Deb  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:12:13pm

re: #14 freetoken

That’s being tended to. Organizing for Obama has gone through the fire and reincarnated as Organizing for Action.

[Link: my.barackobama.com…]

“You in?”

17 dragonath  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:17:21pm

There was an early poll in W.Va that had the Democratic candidate like, 40 points up on the Republican challenger. I’m not so sure about Iowa, but I’d be thinking Tea Party fatigue would be greatest in a place that has been burned over by Santorum, Bachmann, et al.

Some of the Southern states have extremely weird dynamics. The Democratic governor of Arkansas won every single county in the state a couple of years ago (IIRC) because the Republicans supported a sales tax on food and essentials.

Okay, maybe I’m too optimistic…

18 Skeetghazi  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:17:45pm

Gus, OT, what is the whole package of Architectural plans called formally?

Architectural Plans?

heh. I’m a wreck.

19 Gus  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:18:48pm

re: #18 Stanghazi

Gus, OT, what is the whole package of Architectural plans called formally?

Architectural Plans?

heh. I’m a wreck.

That. Got any leads for work yet?

20 freetoken  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:20:00pm

re: #17 dragonath

The Democratic party in WVa still has the institutional advantage from very many years of influences - from the confederacy through the New Deal through Byrd naming everything after himself.

Yet many of the voters there hate Obama.

21 Skeetghazi  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:21:38pm

re: #19 Gus

That. Got any leads for work yet?

I’m responding to bs craigslist right now. I know I’m qualified for the 2 jobs I see there.

This is gonna SUCK. But I’m trying to get out of my very dangerous funk and think positive. Only day 1 of unemployment, so there’s that. THANKS!

22 Decatur Deb  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:25:55pm

re: #20 freetoken

Yet many of the voters there hate Obama.

He won’t be running. Brings up another TPGOP problem in 2014-16: How will their clownshow candidates fare against a melanin-deficient Democrat?

23 Gus  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:26:15pm

re: #21 Stanghazi

Yeah, try to avoid being a gloomy Gus. :D

24 HoosierHoops  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:27:05pm

re: #21 Stanghazi

I would check on Gov’t help wanted boards, Local, State and Federal.

25 Decatur Deb  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:28:21pm

re: #21 Stanghazi

Your comment last night was a little confusing. Is your shop layoff enought to put all of you into the ‘unemployed’ world, or into reduced hours. Are they trying to dance around Unemployment Insurance eligibility for your team?

26 Skeetghazi  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:28:33pm

re: #23 Gus

Yeah, try to avoid being a gloomy Gus. :D

Hey, do you know Callidus? That was the program I was using. Downloading PDF from Arch plans then measuring.

Damn, it was the best job evah. I’m going to have to go back to accounting unless a miracle occurs.

27 Gus  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:28:41pm

re: #24 HoosierHoops

I would check on Gov’t help wanted boards, Local, State and Federal.

[Link: www.usajobs.gov…]

28 Skeetghazi  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:29:18pm

re: #25 Decatur Deb

Entire office closed. One lucky guy gets to commute to Orange County.

We are done as of Thursday. Monday is going to be interesting.

29 Gus  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:30:25pm

re: #26 Stanghazi

Callidus? Nope, never heard of it. I look around for work sometimes and get discouraged. Still working on my own. Today, everyone wants you to know whatever specific software they’re using in their office.

30 Skeetghazi  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:30:46pm

Thanks you guys. (Hoops I’ll check everything)

As you can imagine it’s tough. I’m still in the shock stage that a company/job has so much power over my life.

31 Decatur Deb  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:33:08pm

re: #28 Stanghazi

Entire office closed. One lucky guy gets to commute to Orange County.

We are done as of Thursday. Monday is going to be interesting.

Don’t know about your state— the unemployment insurance office here is highly automated and pretty competent. They have most serious jobs in the state at their fingertips.

32 dragonath  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:34:22pm

re: #22 Decatur Deb

That reminds me. I remember reading somewhere that in 2008 Obama ended up with a higher percentage of the white vote in W. Va than Virginia.

33 HoosierHoops  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:35:17pm

re: #27 Gus

[Link: www.usajobs.gov…]

I do a civil service test right away. I took one with a thousand people. I don’t want to say the average person is dumb but I scored in top three out of a 1000 and got my choice of jobs. Crazy.

34 Skeetghazi  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 3:42:13pm

re: #31 Decatur Deb

Thanks!

35 Bubblehead II  Sat, Jan 26, 2013 4:33:57pm

Night Lizards’. As usual, May The Deity Smile Down Upon Yjou

Create a Page

This is the LGF Pages posting bookmarklet. To use it, drag this button to your browser's bookmark bar, and title it 'LGF Pages' (or whatever you like). Then browse to a site you want to post, select some text on the page to use for a quote, click the bookmarklet, and the Pages posting window will appear with the title, text, and any embedded video or audio files already filled in, ready to go.

LGF User's Guide RSS Feeds

Recent Pages
Great White Snark
Someone (Mostly) 3-D Printed a Working Semi-Automatic Gun
Seriously, semi auto handguns should have a universal registration law. Even if you home build it. Say 30 days from the moment it can fire. Felons of course would be subject to arrest just possessing the gun, serial number ...

Likes: 0
Fusion Stellarator Wendelstein 7-X Fires Up for Real
Today the German Chancellor Angela Merkel, at a ceremony at the Max Planck Institute for Plasma physics in Greifswald in Germany, pressed a button that caused a two-megawatt pulse of microwave radiation to heat hydrogen gas to 80 million ...

Likes: 0
Zika Is Now Officially an STI in the US
Zika, the mosquito-spread virus sparking outbreaks across the Western Hemisphere and suspected of causing birth defects and neurological problems, has been transmitted through sexual contact in the United States, the Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) reported Tuesday. ...

Likes: 0
I Stand With Planned Parenthood
How Anti-Abortion Laws in the Americas Are Fuelling the Zika Virus Epidemic
A combination of anti-abortion laws and inadequate access to contraception means this ‘solution’ is simply not feasible. While people inevitably continue to have sex, and anti-abortion laws persist, the Zika virus will ultimately continue to spread. Anti-abortion laws are, ...

Likes: 0
SteveMcGaziBolaGate RN
Updated: Where does honor fit into the law?
From mobile.philly.com It's about the Bill Cosby case. There is a hearing today to decide whether the civil deposition that Cosby made in a civil case can be used as evidence against him. That is the core of the prosecution's ...

Likes: 0
Scientists Take Major Step Toward Understanding Schizophrenia
For the new study, researchers from across the U.S. collaborated to investigate how genetics influence an individual's chance of developing the disease, isolating one particular gene that seems to drive that risk. They found that people who carry a ...

Likes: 0
Google Testing New Google Fiber Phone Service
If they ever get by to install fiber at my house they could sign me up for this as well. Google is looking to add a new phone service for its Google Fiber users. And if you've been following anything ...

Likes: 0
With the Iowa Race Tighter Than Ever, Clinton and Sanders Sharpen Their Aim
With time short before Monday's caucuses in Iowa kick off the presidential nominating contests, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are deploying high-profile supporters and sharpening their stump speeches as a new poll showed the competition between the Democratic front-runners ...

Likes: 0
Future Islands - Light House (4AD Session)
Future Islands' 4AD Session, featuring tracks from their album 'Singles' Samuel T. Herring - vocalsWilliam Cashion - bassGerrit Welmers - keys Mike Lowry - drumsChris Tipton - guitar Terry Edwards - trumpet, flugel, 12 stringCaroline Hall - tromboneLiz Chi ...

Likes: 0
James Supercave - the Right Thing (Official Video)
Pre-order BETTER STRANGE featuring “The Right Thing” here: smarturl.itAmazon: smarturl.itGoogle Play: smarturl.itStream it here: smarturl.it Follow us!Website: jamessupercave.comFacebook: facebook.comTwitter: twitter.comInstagram: instagram.comSpotify: open.spotify.com Music video by James Supercave performing The Right Thing. Directed by James Kid. (C) 2014 Fairfax Entertainment ...

Likes: 0