TwitterFacebook

Amazon Deal of the Day: Valentine’s Day in Car Electronics

Great prices on a wide variety of auto electronics
Great Deals • Views: 26,467

Valentine’s Day in Car Electronics

Show some love for your ride this Valentine’s Day and save up to 60% on select car receivers, speakers, amplifiers, and remote starters. Features like Bluetooth connectivity and iPod connectors will keep you connected to your sound, while security systems with remote starters will keep your vehicle safe.

More: Valentine’s Day in Car Electronics

One example is this Python 5303P 2-Way LCD Security System with Remote Start for 74% off.

1 Kragar  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:02:08am

Pretty sure if I bought my wife car electronics for Valentine’s day, I wouldn’t be getting any for a while.

2 Brother Holy Cruise Missile of Mild Acceptance  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:04:57am

re: #1 Kragar

according to the blurb on this it’s for those who love their cars…what will they want next, the right to marry their ride?

3 iossarian  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:06:19am

re: #1 Kragar

You wouldn’t be getting any car electronics?

4 erik_t  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:08:12am

re: #1 Kragar

My recommendation is to buy her, say, a table saw. That way, when you’re exiled to the garage for a week or two, you can at least have a good time and get something done.

5 Feline Fearless Leader  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:10:04am

re: #4 erik_t

Or you wake up one morning strapped to a plank lined up to be fed through it. All depends on her sense of humor, doesn’t it?
;)

6 Gus  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:10:56am
7 Kragar  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:11:45am
8 iossarian  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:11:55am

re: #5 Feline Fearless Leader

;)

That made me spit my tea out. Well done.

10 Feline Fearless Leader  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:19:05am

re: #7 Kragar

NASA knew Columbia crew could die but chose not to tell them

I was sorely disappointed that they apparently did not have a solid contingency plan to deal with something like that. That the heat shield tiles could get damaged in some way should be obvious - micrometeorite, collision, etc. So you would think there would be some idea of being able to do an EVA and effect some sort of temporary repair that at a minimum would increase the changes of the shuttle being able to survive re-entry.

11 Kragar  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:20:16am

How Cindy Jacobs and Her Prayer Warriors Saved the Global Economy

in order to convince her audience that she was trustworthy, Jacobs recounted some of the successful prophecies she has made over the previous years, like back in 2008 when God told her that the global economy was going to completely crash unless she mobilized her network of prayer warriors. So she did just that, getting them to pray on Wall Street and at stock exchanges all over the world, thereby saving the economy, much to the consternation of economists who “do not know why the economy did not completely crater worldwide, but we know, don’t we? Because we prayed”:

Is that all? Well my prayers stopped an invasion of giant space lemmings from stampeding across the Earth as they hurled themselves into the sun, but you don’t hear me bragging about it.

12 Kragar  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:21:31am

re: #10 Feline Fearless Leader

Yeah, their complete failure to have any sort of rescue or contingency plan came as a real shock.

13 Feline Fearless Leader  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:21:59am

re: #11 Kragar

How Cindy Jacobs and Her Prayer Warriors Saved the Global Economy

Is that all? Well my prayers stopped an invasion of giant space lemmings from stampeding across the Earth as they stampeded into the sun, but you don’t hear me bragging about it.

You did not properly market you GSL deflecting device for sufficient profit. FAIL. That means you must be some sort of socialist.

14 Feline Fearless Leader  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:22:56am

Frank says:

Who are the brain police?

15 Kragar  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:23:26am

re: #13 Feline Fearless Leader

I did it all with the power of PRAYER! Just like how they stopped Obama from being reelected and how they put an end to the Texas drought.

16 b_sharp  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:23:33am

Charles, if I can be a pain in the ass again, can I suggest you automate the movement of pages from Recent Pages to Featured Pages and Featured Pages to the Front Page?

Maybe use a hash of tweets and updings to views ratio.

Just a suggestion. It would free you up from some mundane chores.

17 erik_t  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:24:07am

re: #10 Feline Fearless Leader

Technology is, frankly, a harsh mistress. Several times, efforts were made to develop a method to repair the TPS, but in reality it’s damned near impossible to even inspect the entire shuttle while on-orbit, never mind make repairs without having the entire flight consist of making sure that the flight was safe. Meanwhile, making the repaired surface as smooth as it has to be would be immensely challenging if not impossible, given the constraints of spacesuit gloves and such.

Though I wish it were safe, space flight is not safe. Nobody was drafted into NASA.

18 JeffFX  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:24:42am

re: #11 Kragar

How Cindy Jacobs and Her Prayer Warriors Saved the Global Economy

LOL at Cindy and anyone who believes her, and your post just motivated me to donate to PFAW

19 b_sharp  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:24:57am

re: #11 Kragar

How Cindy Jacobs and Her Prayer Warriors Saved the Global Economy

Umm, you just bragged about it.

20 Jolo5309  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:25:36am

re: #11 Kragar

How Cindy Jacobs and Her Prayer Warriors Saved the Global Economy

I, for one, appreciate all the hard work you have done, saving the world from Space Lemmings.

21 Lidane  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:26:17am

Sen. Jack Reed has some job security:

The potential GOP hopeful who comes closest to Reed is Brendan Doherty, but he still trails by a 63/34 margin. Scott Avedisian trails 60-30 and Allan Fung trails 63-29. Rhode Island’s most recent major Republican official, former Governor Don Carcieri, has seen his image completely tank. Only 30% of voters have a favorable opinion of him now to 53% with a negative one, and he trails Reed 66-25 in a hypothetical match up.

We also- just for fun- tested Curt Schilling as a possible foe against Reed. The result is the most lopsided general election Senate poll result we’ve ever found in the history of PPP- Reed would lead Schilling 75-10. The 38 Studios mess has destroyed Schilling’s reputation- only 9% of voters in the state have a positive opinion of him to 74% with a negative one.

22 Kragar  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:26:18am

re: #19 b_sharp

Umm, you just bragged about it.

SILENCE!

23 b_sharp  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:26:46am

re: #20 Jolo5309

D’oh. We could have eaten them.

24 Gus  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:27:12am

LIVE NOW: President Obama Awards the National Medals of Science and the National Medals of Technology and Innovation

25 JeffFX  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:27:16am

re: #17 erik_t

Yep, space travel is very difficult and risky. So is putting up skyscrapers, but we don’t freak over the ironworkers killed every time. NASA is a lot more important than skyscrapers and a lot of risk is acceptable as long as it’s not unnecessary risk.

26 Feline Fearless Leader  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:35:12am

re: #21 Lidane

Sen. Jack Reed has some job security:

But Schilling would be able to wave the bloody sock.

27 Lidane  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:39:28am

Friday afternoon soundtrack:

I’ve had Tegan and Sara’s new CD on repeat since yesterday. It’s fun and bouncy. Makes me want to dance. Love it and love them.

28 b_sharp  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:43:23am

re: #27 Lidane

Friday afternoon soundtrack:

Girl music.

29 Lidane  Fri, Feb 1, 2013 11:45:39am

re: #28 b_sharp

Girl music.

Damn skippy. :)

Contact Us LGF Pages

This button leads to the main index of LGF Pages, our user-submitted articles. You can post your own LGF Pages simply by registering a free account with us.

Create a Page

This is the LGF Pages posting bookmarklet. To use it, drag this button to your browser's bookmark bar, and title it 'LGF Pages' (or whatever you like). Then browse to a site you want to post, select some text on the page to use for a quote, click the bookmarklet, and the Pages posting window will appear with the title, text, and any embedded video or audio files already filled in, ready to go.

Last updated: 2015-08-02 10:58 am PDT

LGF User's Guide RSS Feeds
Recent Pages
Paul Canning
Israel: Thousands Protest Racist, Homophobic Attacks
Thousands of people gathered in cities across the country on Saturday night to protest against the racist and homophobic attacks of the past few days. The demonstrations come in response to Thursday's mass stabbing attack at the Jerusalem Pride ...

1 hour, 34 minutes ago
Views: 100 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 0
Great White Snark
Best Page of The Week-1000 Musicians “Learn To Fly”
When Pages first went live it completely changed our blogging experience here. Who had never wished for a certain story to become a topic here? Then Charles kinda floated this idea about a favorite Pages kinda entry. That was a ...

Views: 77 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 1 • Rating: 1
Police: James Blair Shot Neighbor Linda Ciotto in Face, Ran Her Over With Mower
A man who became agitated about his next-door neighbor mowing her lawn at night shot her and then ran a push mower over her body, authorities said Friday. Newsnet5 reported on Wednesday that Linda Ciotto, 62, was shot in ...

Views: 91 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 1 • Rating: 0
Cheechako
Iditarod Champ Dallas Seavey Adds Dog Treadmill to Training Repertoire
Suzanna CaldwellAlaska Dispatch NewsAugust 1, 2015 WILLOW -- Forget the gentle swoosh of sled runners over snow. Iditarod champion Dallas Seavey's summer training offers a stark contrast to his winter routine: more than a dozen dogs yapping manically in a ...

Views: 264 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 5 • Rating: 0
I Stand With Planned Parenthood
Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Abortion Real Talk: ‘Poor Women Don’t Have Choice’
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg spent Wednesday night at Duke University Law School, reflecting on the term that just ended and other major decisions during her tenure. As the New York Times reported, she talked about what she ...

Views: 468 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 25 • Rating: 1
William Lewis
1000 Musicians “Learn To Fly”
So this gentleman in Cesena, Italy, really really wants the Foo Fighters to play there. So what does he do? He organizes an event of 1000 guitarists, bass players, drummers & singers all performing the Foo Fighter's hit, "Learn to ...

Views: 455 • Comments: 3
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 3
Eclectic Cyborg
MS GOP rep campaigns on pro Confederate Flag platform
So this showed up at my house today, it's an election mailer from one Jeffrey Guice who is running for re-election to the Mississippi State Senate. As you can see, it included an interesting detail... So basically he's taking pride ...

Views: 622 • Comments: 1
Tweets: 55 • Rating: 2
EiMitch
Cracked: 5 Sworn Enemies Who Formed Inspiring Friendships
I was catching-up with Cracked articles. I found an obvious click-bait article, "4 Sexual Preferences That Only Recently Became Taboo": cracked.com Knowing that, I read it anyway. From there, I read a depressing article, "5 Ways College Screws Over Poor ...

Views: 475 • Comments: 1
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 2
Skip Intro
Windows 10 is out. Help a guy out, please.
So I downloaded the Win 10 ISO image today, and started the install. The first thing I come across is a screen asking what I want to keep, my apps, data, and program settings, my data and program settings, or ...

4 days, 1 hour ago
Views: 717 • Comments: 6
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 0
Iwouldprefernotto
More Edited PP Videos
NYT -- More Edited PP Videos in the Pipeline The activist behind the videos, David Daleiden, has said he has enough covertly recorded footage for perhaps a dozen videos that he could release, one a week, for the next few ...

Views: 431 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 2
 Frank says:

The manner in which Americans "consume" music has a lot to do with leaving it on their coffee tables, or using it as wallpaper for their lifestyles, like the score of a movie -- it's consumed that way without any regard for how and why it was made. -- From "The Real Frank Zappa Book" (ch. 11)