TwitterFacebook

Breitbrat Joel Pollak: The “Lickspittle” Huffington Post Is Helping Obama Impose Fascism

Breitbrats gotta rant
Wingnuts • Views: 18,174

The rhetoric just keeps getting crazier and crazier at the hate site that Andrew Breitbart built, as head attack weasel Joel Pollak posts a demented rant about fascism and the “lickspittle” Huffington Post. Yes, it’s another absurd post about the Benghazi boogaloo, and Pollak is absolutely certain there’s a “cover-up” going on: LEFT-WING LICKSPITTLES: HOW THE HUFFINGTON POST IS AIDING OBAMA’S BENGHAZI COVER-UP!

The headline and image (see above) were clearly meant to be laudatory. The Huffington Post was praising Obama for exerting “command,” and gave the impression that both its editors and readers are eager to be so commanded. The idea of a president who not only ignores the opposition, but the very legislative process, matches Obama’s vision in last year’s State of the Union address of grafting a military model onto our political life.

That spirit, which has possessed much of the country’s press corps, fits fascism rather than democracy. The irony is that Obama was not the “commander” on that terrible night. We already know that neither he nor his Cabinet showed more than a passing interest in the fate of the Benghazi consulate and its personnel. To mock those seeking answers, and to praise Obama’s leadership, is to aid and abet a disgraceful cover-up.

What exactly is being “covered up?” It’s anybody’s guess! As usual, Pollak never gets around to explaining that; it’s enough to make dark insinuations and rant about fascism. That’s all the Breitbart audience needs to get their motors going.

Pollak’s opening sentence for this stupid post is a real hoot, though:

Normally, we at Breitbart News ignore the Huffington Post.

Yeah, right, they “ignore” the Huffington Post — by obsessively attacking them on an almost daily basis. breitbart.com’s own search function brings up 1,260 results for “Huffington.” (There may be more by the time you read this.)

1 Sol Berdinowitz  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 10:57:20am

“And not to burst any bubbles, but one of the people who helped start the Huffington Post was none other than … yes, Andrew Breitbart.”

Apostates are the wort sort of sinners…

2 Tigger2  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 10:57:56am

Do they understand that most Americans think the Benghazigate people are nuts.

3 HappyWarrior  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 10:59:55am

Hysterical.

4 Bulworth  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:02:00am

There’s so much derp in that I wouldn’t even know where to begin.

5 Velvet Elvis  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:03:43am

“Lickspittle” is a cool word. People should use it more.

6 wrenchwench  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:05:16am
Breitbart.com’s own search function brings up 1,260 results for “Huffington.”

Yeah, but most of those links are probably broken so they don’t count.

7 Kragar (Antichrist )  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:06:22am

So, to sum up Joel’s argument:

8 engineer cat  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:07:50am

in your dreams, you projectionist

9 dragonfire1981  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:09:52am

I’ve just started doing some research on Joseph Stalin as I never studied him in school (except for in passing).

Anyone who thinks Obama is even a FRACTION like Stalin needs to get their head checked.

I mean can you really imagine American Gulags, Forced famines, state run media, purges, etc. etc. ??

That anyone thinks stuff even remotely close to this is actually going on is astounding. Stalin was an evil bastard. Obama is nowhere close.

10 Vicious Babushka  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:15:04am

re: #9 dragonfire1981

It’s an article of faith on TGDN that Obama is exactly like:

HITLER
STALIN
MAO
POL POT
LOUIS XIV
CASTRO
GEORGE III
MUSSOLINI

And yet very few of them even get their Twitter accounts suspended. (“twittergulag”)

11 Kragar (Antichrist )  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:16:25am

Tea Party Nation Wonders if John Roberts was ‘Blackmailed’ to Uphold Health Care Reform

Tea Party Nation president Judson Phillips sent members an email this morning entitled: ‘Was Chief Justice John Roberts Blackmailed To Support ObamaCare?’ Obviously, we had to check this out, and lo and behold it links to a tea party message board post about how Chief Justice Roberts changed his decision on the health care reform law after he was “blackmailed” by President Obama as part of an illegal adoption and child trafficking scheme.

It is now quite evident that the two Children were from Ireland. Even wikipedia references these adoptions at the time of Roberts’ confirmation, and indicates that the children were of Irish birth.

However Irish law 1) prohibits the adoption of Children to non-residents, and 2) also does not permit private adoptions, but rather has all adoptions go through a public agency.

Evidently Roberts arranged for this adoption through some sort of trafficking agency, that got the children out of Ireland and into that Latin American country, from which they were adopted, thereby circumventing two Irish laws — entirely illegal, but perhaps quasi-legitimized by the birth mothers (two) transporting the children out of Ireland.

Undoubtedly Roberts and his wife spent a great deal of money for this illegal process, circumventing Irish laws and arranging for the transit of two Irish children from separate birth-mothers to a foreign nation. Come 2012, those two children have been with the Roberts’ for roughly 10 years, since they were adopted as “infants”.

12 Shiplord Kirel  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:17:48am

Er, wingnuts, Obama is in fact the commander-in-chief. Says so right in the Constitution. Perhaps you should waving it around long enough to actually read it.

13 Bulworth  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:18:33am

re: #11 Kragar

Well, a teabag party nation wingnut discussion board sure looks like a credible source to me. ///

14 stabby  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:19:01am

I don’t know why it comes to mind now, but when the tea party started I said that movement was more about stupid people who felt put upon than it was about conservatism. It’s about rejecting every policy or theory that requires any intelligence or knowledge at all to understand. They want government of the stupid, by the stupid, for the stupid.

15 geoffm33  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:20:06am

OT: Brought my elder cat overlord to the vet today fully expecting Her Highness would not be making the return trip. She’s got the Big C and an infection from an aspiration a few months back.

We told the vet we didn’t want to keep her alive for our own purposes/feelings and she assured us we should wait. What a relief. Gave us some antiseptic to clean the sore and more antibiotics.

Now she get’s to wear our daughters pink onesie to cover the sore. Good thing the cat is blind or she’d have my head.

16 Sol Berdinowitz  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:21:34am

re: #14 stabby

Do not forget the central image of the Tea party: armed rebellion against a tyrant.

Without a “tyrant” to rail against, their whole movement is as pointless as it is stupid.

17 Bulworth  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:22:40am

re: #15 geoffm33

Happy to hear your cat overlord will have some more time with you. Own five of them myself. Or rather they own me I guess.

18 Kragar (Antichrist )  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:23:41am

Conservatives: Violence Against Women Act Is Unfair To Men!

Heritage Action and FreedomWorks, two well-financed right wing activist groups, are lobbying to scuttle the reauthorization. In short, they lament the expanded provisions, which beefs up funding for local law enforcement to prosecute domestic abusers while expanding coverage to gays, illegal immigrants and Native Americans. They claim VAWA hasn’t proved to be effective and argue that federal funding for law enforcement is both redundant and unconstitutional.

In a blog post, FreedomWorks criticized the cost of the legislation — $660 million — and pointed out that domestic violence is “already illegal in all 50 states.” It added: “Supporters of the VAWA portray women as helpless victims - this is the kind of attitude that is setting women back.”

19 geoffm33  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:24:07am

re: #17 Bulworth

Thanks! It’s a fine line to walk between quality of life and selfishness on our part.

20 stabby  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:24:35am

Wasn’t GW still president when the movement started?

At first it was “don’t spend my money” quickly became “OMG a n***** is running, he’ll steal all we have and distributing it in the ghetto!” also “Save medicare by denying health insurance to the poor!” [which was quickly subverted by the Club for Growth types into “kill medicare!”]

21 Kragar (Antichrist )  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:26:12am

WOOHOO! I’M AN ANTICHRIST!!!

Fischer: Every ‘Secular Fundamentalist’ Is an Antichrist

On Friday, Bryan Fischer proclaimed that President Obama is “an antichrist” because of his positions on marriage equality and reproductive choice. And as he explained on his Facebook page over the weekend, it is not only Obama who is “an antichrist” because everybody who does not share Fischer’s rabidly right-wing views is one as well:

22 stabby  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:27:03am

Don’t we get powers as an antichrist?

Where’s my zombie army?

23 engineer cat  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:27:32am

re: #14 stabby

why am you hate bizarro urth???

24 Mattand  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:28:06am

re: #11 Kragar

The Tea Party Nation wonders how ice is made. These people have the mental capacity of a group of brain-damaged boulders.

25 erik_t  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:28:12am

re: #21 Kragar

WOOHOO! I’M AN ANTICHRIST!!!

Fischer: Every ‘Secular Fundamentalist’ Is an Antichrist

Where do I file the Form 1094 for my spinning head and forked tongue?

26 Bulworth  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:28:20am

re: #21 Kragar

Kinda takes the whole drama out of the thing to include large portions of the population in the Anti-Christ category.

27 Kragar (Antichrist )  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:28:24am

re: #22 stabby

Don’t we get powers as an antichrist?

Where’s my zombie army?

Fischer’s already got the zombies following him.

28 Skip Intro  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:30:10am

re: #22 stabby

Don’t we get powers as an antichrist?

Yes, we really get inside the head of crazy people like Fischer. That’s good enough for me.

29 Feline Fearless Leader  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:30:50am

re: #21 Kragar (Antichrist )

WOOHOO! I’M AN ANTICHRIST!!!

Fischer: Every ‘Secular Fundamentalist’ Is an Antichrist

I do wonder if the religious moderates realize how much damage Fischer does to their image among the secular set.

30 b_sharp  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:32:22am

He is such a smug asshole.

31 stabby  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:33:16am

Scary truth:
[Link: i.crackedcdn.com…]

32 Kragar (Antichrist )  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:33:55am

re: #29 Feline Fearless Leader

I place him on par with the Phelps klan.

33 stabby  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:34:52am

re: #32 Kragar (Antichrist )

The real damage is the Republicans sucking up to him and people worse than him (look into Perry some time).

34 Lidane  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:35:28am
35 Kragar (Antichrist )  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:36:07am

re: #33 stabby

No need, I’m well versed in the pathetic theocrat from Texas.

36 Kragar (Antichrist )  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:36:43am

re: #34 Lidane

The Secret Service should bar him from admittance.

37 William Barnett-Lewis  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:36:56am

re: #29 Feline Fearless Leader

Trust me, we do. I consider people like Fischer & Phelps to be the worst enemies of Christ in the world.

38 BongCrodny  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:39:23am

There must be hundreds — nay, thousands — of things I’m not allowed to do under Obama that I could do under Bush.

39 Kragar (Antichrist )  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:41:10am

Republicans Ditch Plan To Walk Out On Hagel Vote

No word yet on whether they still plan to go ahead with their book drop or cornering Hagel in the House restroom and giving him a swirly.

40 Hercules Grytpype-Thynneghazi  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:41:27am

re: #14 stabby

Brawndo. It’s what tea partiers crave.

41 BongCrodny  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:41:50am

re: #21 Kragar (Antichrist )

Fischer: Every ‘Secular Fundamentalist’ Is an Antichrist

Does that mean we all have .666 tattooed into our scalp?

42 Kragar (Antichrist )  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:42:48am

re: #41 BongCrodny

Does that mean we all have .666 tattooed into our scalp?

1.031442479849054e+28

43 Hercules Grytpype-Thynneghazi  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:42:54am

re: #25 erik_t

Where do I file the Form 1094 for my spinning head and forked tongue?

There’s a special Form 666 for that.

44 dragonfire1981  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:43:13am

re: #21 Kragar (Antichrist )

WOOHOO! I’M AN ANTICHRIST!!!

Fischer: Every ‘Secular Fundamentalist’ Is an Antichrist

Just what in the hell is a “secular fundamentalist”?

45 Kragar (Antichrist )  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:44:01am

re: #44 dragonfire1981

Just what in the hell is a “secular fundamentalist”?

Anyone who disagrees with Fischer.

46 Vicious Babushka  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:44:13am

re: #41 BongCrodny

Does that mean we all have .666 tattooed into our scalp?

I have it on both shoes and also on the treads of my car tires so that everywhere I step and everywhere I drive becomes teh territory of Teh Stan.

47 stabby  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:44:47am

re: #40 Hercules Grytpype-Thynneghazi

you made me google brawndo

48 Feline Fearless Leader  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:45:51am

Is that Marlon Brawndo saying “Adios Amigo” in “The Missouri Breaks”?

49 Kragar (Antichrist )  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:46:00am

Mandatory Maiden:

50 Targetpractice  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:49:09am

I was sure for the longest time that Benghazi would be the reasoning behind a Republican impeachment bid. Now, I think by this point the only people still paying attention to it are their base. Everybody else has since moved on and the GOP’s refusal to just let it go is beginning to look like Ken Starr obsessing over a blue dress.

51 wrenchwench  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:50:41am

re: #46 Vicious Babushka

You sure that’s not ‘999’?

The Mark of Cain!!!

52 b_sharp  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:50:46am

re: #38 BongCrodny

Wriggle.

53 Stephen T.  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:51:15am

re: #9 dragonfire1981

The problem is that they can “imagine” American Gulags, Forced famines, state run media, purges. Worse, some actually believe that such things are going on and are quite willing to go on record as having witnessed such first hand.

54 Lidane  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:51:42am

re: #43 Hercules Grytpype-Thynneghazi

There’s a special Form 666 for that.

Coincidentally, 666 to 1 are the odds of Richard Dawkins becoming Pope. Heh.

55 Dr Lizardo  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:52:30am

re: #49 Kragar (Antichrist )

Mandatory Maiden:

And here it is live from “Flight 666”

56 stabby  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:52:47am

Gotta run, work

57 Kragar (Antichrist )  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:53:20am

Will the next Pope know who Tupac was?
///

58 b_sharp  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:54:23am

I have 616 tattooed on my ass.

59 Kragar (Antichrist )  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:55:39am

re: #58 b_sharp

I have 616 tattooed on my ass.

Looks like 606 from here…

60 b_sharp  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:56:35am

re: #59 Kragar (Antichrist )

Looks like 606 from here…

Thanks for noticing.

I have gas.

61 Kragar (Antichrist )  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 11:58:30am

re: #55 Dr Lizardo

And here it is live from “Flight 666”

And to return to our pagan roots, The Wicker Man:

62 Kragar (Antichrist )  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 12:01:23pm

Bruce Dickinson deserves a Knighthood.

63 engineer cat  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 12:03:04pm

re: #59 Kragar (Antichrist )

Looks like 606 from here…

“who the hell is “bob”???”

64 Dr Lizardo  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 12:08:00pm

re: #62 Kragar (Antichrist )

Bruce Dickinson deserves a Knighthood.

I totally agree. The entire band, in my book.

They’ve done a good deal to export “Britishness” throughout the world. I took three of my students here back in August 2008 to see Iron Maiden in Prague. They were highly skeptical, thinking that Maiden was just a bunch of old fogeys.

They were headbanging about 15 minutes into the concert. They didn’t know any of the songs…..none of them were Maiden fans (they were into dubstep, house, etc.).

The common consensus afterwards - “Greatest concert, greatest band, EVER!!!”

65 Robur  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 12:10:20pm

As a person who has studied WW2 and the decades before,I can tell you all that the GOP and Conservative Cabal have been employing the exact same political and ideological methods to gain and hold power.This Brietbarting of the facts is one of the major tenets of the Nazi propaganda method,Acuse your enemy of EXACTLY what you are doing, not many Americans know and ALL Conservs. deny the little known fact that Nixon and other Conservatives went to Europe and South America and recruited Nazi opperatives and brought them to the US. Along with them came documents that taught the Republicans how to seize power and rule with fear and ignorance. I would say that the Reich Wing is doing a bang up job..the only thing standing in the way is honest history that they are desperately trying to re-write or deny outright. Hitler,Mussolini and Franco were ALL Christian Conservatives and all FASISCTS!! And the saddest part of all is that most of the survivors of that era who fought Fascism as my father and uncles did still vote for EXACTLY what they themselves gave their lives for, I do my best to try and explain how wrong they are while fully respecting their service. Sadly some still cannot open their minds and hearts…

66 Robur  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 12:12:44pm

P.S.My father voted for Eisenhower and then Kennedy and remained a Democrat

67 Kragar (Antichrist )  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 12:13:34pm

re: #64 Dr Lizardo

I totally agree. The entire band, in my book.

The common consensus afterwards - “Greatest concert, greatest band, EVER!!!”

When the fighting was going on in Lebanon a few years back, Bruce volunteered to be one the pilots to go in and pull out civilians, plus he’s flown British troops home from Afghanistan a few times.

68 Dr Lizardo  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 12:17:05pm

re: #67 Kragar (Antichrist )

Very true. Bruce is cited by some as a modern example of a polymath.

I particularly enjoyed seeing him pilot ‘Ed Force One’ in “Flight 666”. The three students who went to the concert with me read up on him and the band afterward, and they were flabbergasted.

69 Kragar (Antichrist )  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 12:22:05pm

re: #68 Dr Lizardo

Very true. Bruce is cited by some as a modern example of a polymath.

Saw them and Dio in concert about 8 years ago. Simply amazing.

70 thecommodore  Mon, Feb 11, 2013 1:55:01pm

At this point, the only difference between Pollack, John Nolte, and other Breitbart bloggers and Jim Hoft is that Hoft still includes information in his posts that contradicts his own arguments.

Beyond that, Breitbrats could very well unseat Hoft as the Duke of Derp.

^ back to top ^

TwitterFacebook

Turn off all ads for a full year by subscribing!
For about 33 cents a day (per month) or 22 cents a day (per year), our subscription option turns off all advertisements at LGF!
Read more...

► LGF Headlines

► Tweeted Articles

► Tweeted Pages

► Top 10 Comments

► Bottom Comments

► Recent Comments

► Tools/Info

► Tag Cloud

► Contact

You must have Javascript enabled to use the contact form.
Your email:

Subject:

Message:

Messages may be published unless you request otherwise.
Tech Note:
Using the Contact Form
LGF Pages

This button leads to the main index of LGF Pages, our user-submitted articles. You can post your own LGF Pages simply by registering a free account with us.

Create a Page

This is the LGF Pages posting bookmarklet. To use it, drag this button to your browser's bookmark bar, and title it 'LGF Pages' (or whatever you like). Then browse to a site you want to post, select some text on the page to use for a quote, click the bookmarklet, and the Pages posting window will appear with the title, text, and any embedded video or audio files already filled in, ready to go.

Last updated: 2014-03-07 2:19 pm PST

LGF User's Guide
Recent Pages
Randall Gross
WHO: 21,000 Ebola Cases by November if No Changes
New estimates from the World Health Organization warn the number of Ebola cases could hit 21,000 in six weeks unless efforts to curb the outbreak are ramped up, according to an analysis published online Tuesday by the New England ...

Views: 105 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 1 • Rating: 0
FemNaziBitch
Women want a men’s movement. We are literally dying for it. —Gloria Steinem
It's way past time to put on the pads, guys. We've got to put our shoulders to the wheel of change if we're going to stop domestic and sexual violence. Are you ready to suit up for the big ...

Views: 148 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 1
Cheechako
Election Day Might Not Decide Who Wins Senate Control
By Charles BabingtonThe Associated Press WASHINGTON -- A suspenseful election night is one thing, but what if it stretches for a month? Or into next year? A handful of tight races in some states make for the possibility that Election ...

Views: 125 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 0
Souliren
Cape Breton fiddler Andrea Beaton
Celtic Colours Festival 2010 Everyone seems to be having fun here.

Views: 291 • Comments: 4
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 3
Bubblehead II
LOHAN Coming to the States
Cool. Due to Spain being a jerk, the Registers bringing their LOHAN project to the States. More specifically, New Mexico's Spaceport America Don't let the cheesy writing style and Brit humor of the Registers reporters put you off. There is ...

Views: 312 • Comments: 1
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 2
theliel
AEI Decides to Weigh in on #GamersGate
So Polygon showcases the AEI's anti-femminist response to #gamergate talking about how games are for dudes and dudes need that space to continue being dudes and bitches should get back in that kitchen where they belong. Link is to Polygon ...

Views: 469 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 1
CriticalDragon1177
Alternet - Nicholas Wade’s Flawed Book Rewrites the History of Scientific Racism
Jon Phillips takes on Nicholas Wade's claims, and proves once again that so called "scientific" racism is little more than a pseudoscience. This was originally posted in September 2014 edition of the Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Report, ( ...

Views: 645 • Comments: 3
Tweets: 3 • Rating: 5
Lumberhead
Angry Letters to the One Member of Congress Who Voted Against the War on Terror - the Atlantic
My first attempt at a page - so here we go: The article is a little long but well worth while. I found it to be nicely balanced with interesting excerpts from supporters as well as detractors. Barbara Lee was ...

1 week ago
Views: 667 • Comments: 2
Tweets: 1 • Rating: 7
The War TARDIS
Doctor Who “Listen” Open Thread
I'm back. Last week, I couldn't do this thread, as something more important was going on. One of my best friends, a sweet, and very devout Christian, is going to the UK to help a Christian Group in Oxford, and ...

Views: 614 • Comments: 42
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 3
Rightwingconspirator
Are Higher Frame Rates Really a Better Moving Image in Cinema?
As a guy who scratches the surface of this medium with humble indy efforts and some industrial video experience I have to watch carefully. If I commit to the wrong camera or format, it can hurt financially. Once I had ...

Views: 815 • Comments: 7
Tweets: 25 • Rating: 7
 Frank says:

The single-child yuppo-family that uses the child as a status object: 'A perfect child? Of course! We have one here -- he's under the coffee table. Ralph, stand up! Play the violin!'