1 prairiefire  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 5:56:46pm

Evening again, Lizardim.

3 makeitstop  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:07:42pm

That was…unsettling.

4 Stanley Sea  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:14:22pm

re: #3 makeitstop

That was…unsettling.

Absolutely. But I changed my nic back to regular.

5 thedopefishlives  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:14:35pm

re: #3 makeitstop

That was…unsettling.

I was just watching some of the videos from Russia, specifically, the ones that contain the shockwave. It’s pretty disturbing; just a clear blue sky, the bright contrail of the passing meteorite, then completely out of nowhere, KABOOM and the sound of tinkling glass and car alarms. Honestly, I think that would terrify me more than seeing the flash.

6 Stanley Sea  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:16:20pm

re: #5 thedopefishlives

The tread talking about it came and went.

Imagine, just imagine if that thing hit the atmosphere over Chicago. Or San Diego for Dog’s sake.

7 thedopefishlives  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:17:30pm

re: #6 Stanley Sea

The tread talking about it came and went.

Yeah, but I don’t hang out on LGF during work. Got my ass busted over it once.

8 Irving  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:31:59pm

Someone was pointing out that if that happened 30 years ago we would all be dead right now.

9 Stanley Sea  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:37:03pm

re: #8 Irving

Because the USSR would have seen a nuke attack and responded thus?

10 thedopefishlives  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:39:59pm

re: #9 Stanley Sea

Because the USSR would have seen a nuke attack and responded thus?

Bingo.

11 Stanley Sea  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:54:19pm

Everyone is busy. Just finished my jerk chick dinner….mmmmmmmm

12 thedopefishlives  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:55:59pm

re: #11 Stanley Sea

Everyone is busy. Just finished my jerk chick dinner….mmmmmmmm

All is quiet among the Lizardim tonight. I guess even the war on derp has its lulls.

13 makeitstop  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:59:55pm

re: #11 Stanley Sea

Everyone is busy. Just finished my jerk chick dinner….mmmmmmmm

I’ve got a rare Friday night off. The wife and I have been cooking and cleaning, having fambly over tomorrow for an Italian feast.

14 Feline Fearless Leader  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 7:00:25pm

Image: bathroom_cat.jpg

“Do you expect me to talk?”
“No Mr Bond, I expect you to die get wet.”

15 thedopefishlives  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 7:01:02pm

re: #13 makeitstop

Steak dinner tomorrow night at the Fish household. The Mrs. Fish has spoken.

16 Stanley Sea  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 7:05:15pm

re: #13 makeitstop

re: #15 thedopefishlives

Steak dinner tomorrow night at the Fish household. The Mrs. Fish has spoken.

yum.

17 makeitstop  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 7:06:49pm

re: #16 Stanley Sea

re: #15 thedopefishlives

yum.

Yeah. I’m looking forward to the meal - except I’ve got a gig tomorrow night.

How I’m going to motivate myself to rawk out after eating a huge Italian meal is anybody’s guess.

18 thedopefishlives  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 7:15:24pm

re: #16 Stanley Sea

yum.

Indeed. These steaks will be fresh from the local meat market. Mrs. Fish is a T-bone girl, but I just don’t like bone-in steaks quite as much. I also need to settle on a seasoning.

19 stabby  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 7:22:50pm

The blood dripping dog biting the balloon was too heavy handed and seem inappropriate given the beauty of the drone flock…

20 prairiefire  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 8:22:51pm

re: #17 makeitstop

Yeah. I’m looking forward to the meal - except I’ve got a gig tomorrow night.

What Italian dishes are you making?

21 makeitstop  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 8:45:15pm

re: #20 prairiefire

What Italian dishes are you making?

Pretty standard stuff. My wife is making baked ziti, I made a bunch of Alton Brown’s meatballs, we’ll have a big plate of antipasto, bruschetta, fresh mozz and tomatoes. And all the appetizers that come before.

I won’t be able to move by showtime, I just know it.

22 prairiefire  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 9:21:49pm

re: #21 makeitstop

I won’t be able to move by showtime, I just know it.

Sounds great! You will be in a carb coma!

The “LOL Whatever Presidency”dailykos.com Say what you will about the Daily Kos and its sometimes far left off the reservation proclivities, but this particular article deserves attention. It succinctly and perfectly describes what we are now facing as the most dangerous Presidential administration ...
Rocky-in-Connecticut
Blueberry Pie Recipe - NYT Cooking Ingredients For the crust: 2 ½ cups or 300 grams all-purpose flour ½ teaspoon or 3 grams kosher salt 1 ¼ cups or 285 grams unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes 8-10 tablespoons or 120 to 150 grams ...
The Vicious Babushka
Political Donor Pleads Guilty to Investment Fraud Scheme ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) — A political donor and cable news commentator pleaded guilty Friday to federal criminal charges in what prosecutors described as a $30 million investment fraud scheme tied to his health-technology company. Sreedhar Potarazu, 51, an ophthalmogist ...
Joe Bonamassa - ‘The Valley Runs Low’ - Official Music VIdeo► FREE ALBUM DOWNLOAD - goo.gl ● Official Tickets ●jbonamassa.com ● Official Social Links ●facebook.comTweets by JBONAMASSA instagram.compinterest.com ● Official Merchandise ●shop.jbonamassa.com
1 day ago
Former Special Forces Officer: Gen. ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Left ‘My Men to Die’ Mattis has not commented publicly on the incident, which was chronicled in a 2011 New York Times bestselling book, "The Only Thing Worth Dying For," by Eric Blehm. The book portrays Mattis as stubbornly unwilling to help the Green ...
US Unemployment Rate Falls to Nine-Year Low Figures from the Labor Department showed the US economy created 178,000 jobs in November, while the jobless rate fell to 4.6% from 4.9% in October. The data adds to recent evidence of healthy growth in the economy, although wage ...
Simple Crusty Bread Recipe - NYT Cooking Ingredients 1 ½ tablespoons yeast 1 ½ tablespoons kosher salt 6 ½ cups unbleached, all-purpose flour, more for dusting dough Cornmeal Nutritional Information Nutritional analysis per serving (10 servings) 301 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 ...
The Vicious Babushka
Live From Daryl’s House - ‘She’s Gone’ On this episode of Live From Daryl's House, Daryl Hall enlists Anderson East, the southern singer/songwriter, up to the northeast. East's unique fusion of soul, R&B, gospel, and early rock, in conjunction with Daryl, will surely leave you wanting ...
Chocolate Silk Pie Recipe - NYT Cooking Ingredients For the crust 1 ½ cups ground chocolate wafers (from about 30 cookies) ⅓ cup sugar 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted For the filling ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature 1 ¼ cups sugar ¼ teaspoon kosher ...
The Vicious Babushka
Chez Panisse Meyer Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe - NYT Cooking Ingredients Flaky pie crust, enough for a 9-inch shell (see recipe) The filling: 2 Meyer lemons or other large lemons 2 eggs 3 egg yolks 6 tablespoons sugar 3 tablespoons salted butter, cut in 3 pieces 3 tablespoons unsalted ...
The Vicious Babushka