1 prairiefire  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 5:56:46pm

Evening again, Lizardim.

3 makeitstop  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:07:42pm

That was…unsettling.

4 Stanley Sea  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:14:22pm

re: #3 makeitstop

That was…unsettling.

Absolutely. But I changed my nic back to regular.

5 thedopefishlives  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:14:35pm

re: #3 makeitstop

That was…unsettling.

I was just watching some of the videos from Russia, specifically, the ones that contain the shockwave. It’s pretty disturbing; just a clear blue sky, the bright contrail of the passing meteorite, then completely out of nowhere, KABOOM and the sound of tinkling glass and car alarms. Honestly, I think that would terrify me more than seeing the flash.

6 Stanley Sea  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:16:20pm

re: #5 thedopefishlives

The tread talking about it came and went.

Imagine, just imagine if that thing hit the atmosphere over Chicago. Or San Diego for Dog’s sake.

7 thedopefishlives  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:17:30pm

re: #6 Stanley Sea

The tread talking about it came and went.

Yeah, but I don’t hang out on LGF during work. Got my ass busted over it once.

8 Irving  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:31:59pm

Someone was pointing out that if that happened 30 years ago we would all be dead right now.

9 Stanley Sea  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:37:03pm

re: #8 Irving

Because the USSR would have seen a nuke attack and responded thus?

10 thedopefishlives  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:39:59pm

re: #9 Stanley Sea

Because the USSR would have seen a nuke attack and responded thus?

Bingo.

11 Stanley Sea  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:54:19pm

Everyone is busy. Just finished my jerk chick dinner….mmmmmmmm

12 thedopefishlives  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:55:59pm

re: #11 Stanley Sea

Everyone is busy. Just finished my jerk chick dinner….mmmmmmmm

All is quiet among the Lizardim tonight. I guess even the war on derp has its lulls.

13 makeitstop  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 6:59:55pm

re: #11 Stanley Sea

Everyone is busy. Just finished my jerk chick dinner….mmmmmmmm

I’ve got a rare Friday night off. The wife and I have been cooking and cleaning, having fambly over tomorrow for an Italian feast.

14 Feline Fearless Leader  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 7:00:25pm

Image: bathroom_cat.jpg

“Do you expect me to talk?”
“No Mr Bond, I expect you to die get wet.”

15 thedopefishlives  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 7:01:02pm

re: #13 makeitstop

Steak dinner tomorrow night at the Fish household. The Mrs. Fish has spoken.

16 Stanley Sea  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 7:05:15pm

re: #13 makeitstop

re: #15 thedopefishlives

Steak dinner tomorrow night at the Fish household. The Mrs. Fish has spoken.

yum.

17 makeitstop  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 7:06:49pm

re: #16 Stanley Sea

re: #15 thedopefishlives

yum.

Yeah. I’m looking forward to the meal - except I’ve got a gig tomorrow night.

How I’m going to motivate myself to rawk out after eating a huge Italian meal is anybody’s guess.

18 thedopefishlives  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 7:15:24pm

re: #16 Stanley Sea

yum.

Indeed. These steaks will be fresh from the local meat market. Mrs. Fish is a T-bone girl, but I just don’t like bone-in steaks quite as much. I also need to settle on a seasoning.

19 stabby  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 7:22:50pm

The blood dripping dog biting the balloon was too heavy handed and seem inappropriate given the beauty of the drone flock…

20 prairiefire  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 8:22:51pm

re: #17 makeitstop

Yeah. I’m looking forward to the meal - except I’ve got a gig tomorrow night.

What Italian dishes are you making?

21 makeitstop  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 8:45:15pm

re: #20 prairiefire

What Italian dishes are you making?

Pretty standard stuff. My wife is making baked ziti, I made a bunch of Alton Brown’s meatballs, we’ll have a big plate of antipasto, bruschetta, fresh mozz and tomatoes. And all the appetizers that come before.

I won’t be able to move by showtime, I just know it.

22 prairiefire  Fri, Feb 15, 2013 9:21:49pm

re: #21 makeitstop

I won’t be able to move by showtime, I just know it.

Sounds great! You will be in a carb coma!

Local Natives - Fountain of Youth (Live on the Current)Local Natives perform "Fountain of Youth" off their "Sunlit Youth"' album, live in the studios of 89.3 The Current. Stream the full in-studio session:thecurrent.org Connect with The Current:thecurrent.orgyoutube.comTweets by TheCurrent facebook.cominstagram.com Become a member:contribute.publicradio.org
59 minutes ago
Video Shows Carolina Cop Violently Arrest Black Man for Sitting on His Porch A police officer in Greensboro, North Carolina, was stripped of law enforcement credentials this week by the city council, which released body camera footage showing him violently arresting a man sitting on his porch. City council voted unanimously Monday ...
US Mood Hardens as Leader of Ally Philippines Stokes Outrage In Hawaii to meet with Southeast Asian defense ministers, Defense Secretary Ash Carter hinted at U.S. impatience with the Philippine government over Duterte’s remarks. “Just speaking personally for myself, I find these comments deeply troubling,” Carter said. A day ...
Syria Conflict: US Says Russia Driving Rebels Into Extremists’ Camp Russia's increasing military action in Syria is forcing moderates within the opposition into the hands of extremists, the US has said. It was making a difficult situation "more confused", the state department said as the US warned it might ...
Autonomous Vehicles Will Mean the End of Traffic Stops So "Riding While Black" becomes the new DWB. Or will it? No more broken brake lights, alleged unsafe lane changes etc. What will they do to make up the revenue from real and imagined violations? Losing the pretext stop—where ...
Great White Snark
Donald Trump’s Cuba Problem Comes With Big Risks Today, Trump’s campaign manager made a television appearance in which she appears to have made the story quite a bit worse for her boss. The Washington Post noted: Donald Trump’s campaign manager denied Thursday that one of the GOP ...
OneRepublic - A.I. (Audio) Ft. Peter Gabriel Preorder OneRepublic’s new album, ‘Oh My My,’ out October 7th, and get ‘A.I.,’ ‘Wherever I Go,’ ‘Kids’ and ‘Future Looks Good’ instantly: smarturl.itListen to the complete OneRepublic playlist on Spotify: smarturl.it Music video by OneRepublic performing A.I.. (C) 2016 ...
Jewish Leaders React to Rodrigo Duterte Holocaust Remarks Jewish leaders have reacted angrily after Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte compared his anti-drug campaign to the Holocaust. The comment - wrongly citing numbers killed by the Nazis - was inhumane and deeply offensive, they said. Mr Duterte said he ...
Rosetta Spacecraft Collides With Comet, as Planned After more than a decade of roaming tirelessly across the solar system, the comet-watching Rosetta spacecraft has gone to its eternal rest at last. In a deliberate act of self-sacrifice, Rosetta plowed into the surface of comet 67P at ...
What Meerkat Murder Tells Us About Human Violence Here are the 30 mammal species most likely to kill their own kind. #1 might surprise you. https://t.co/qdprrwBjvl pic.twitter.com/vB0e6NjdbZ — Ed Yong (@edyong209) September 28, 2016 ReplyReply w/ QuoteImages A new study of violent behavior in more than 1,000 ...