Amazon Deal of the Day: Save Up to 50% on Select Porter-Cable Woodworking Tools

Get those home improvement projects done this year
From February 1, 2013 through February 28, 2013, save up to 50% on select Porter-Cable woodworking tools shipped and sold by amazon.com.

More: Save Up to 50% on Select Porter-Cable Woodworking Tools

Some of these tools are even more than 50% off. A good example is this Porter-Cable 690LR 11-Amp Fixed-Base Router (pictured below) for 57% off the retail price.

1 RadicalModerate  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 12:42:52pm

Important question: Does it support IPv6?

2 Kragar (Antichrist )  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 12:44:46pm

Is it compatible with the router ouija board?

3 NJDhockeyfan  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 12:46:53pm

Do they have any Porter-Cable drones on sale?

4 erik_t  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 12:48:39pm

re: #3 NJDhockeyfan

Do they have any Porter-Cable drones on sale?

Ah, those are Preder-Cable drones you’re thinking of.

Easy mistake to make.

5 Charles Johnson  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 12:49:39pm

These are some hellacious routers. If I needed to rout something, I’d be all over this.

6 dragonath  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 12:50:21pm

Has anyone noticed that big, bold, ALL-CAPS seem to be the rage in web design right now? The internet is yelling at me, man.

7 wrenchwench  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 12:54:10pm

TOOLS!!!

What’s “wood”?

Oh yeah.

Image: sano-bike-image1.jpg

A ninth-generation shipwright, Sueshiro Sano has been making exquisite wooden products since he was in elementary school. But in 2008, drawing inspiration and technique from a lifetime of shipbuilding, the woodworker produced his first bike constructed entirely of mahogany, including frame, fork, seat, seat post, handlebars/stem combination and even rims.

8 Charles Johnson  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 12:56:35pm

Seriously, though - Porter-Cable tools are kind of the industry standard. I’ve seen them in lots of guitar workshops.

9 wrenchwench  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 12:57:31pm

What Sueshiro Sano can’t do is web design.

10 Glenn Beck's Grand Unifying Theory of Obdicut  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 12:58:31pm

re: #9 wrenchwench

What Sueshiro Sano can’t do is web design.

Ah! Sudden man with bike!

11 wrenchwench  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:00:02pm

re: #10 Glenn Beck’s Grand Unifying Theory of Obdicut

Ah! Sudden man with bike!

…nor translation.

12 Charles Johnson  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:01:16pm

re: #7 wrenchwench

TOOLS!!!

What’s “wood”?

Oh yeah.

Image: sano-bike-image1.jpg

Awesome bikes. I love the aero wheel version:

Image: ZZ1B8679B9.jpg

13 wrenchwench  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:03:15pm

Awesome bikes. I love the aero wheel version:

Image: ZZ1B8679B9.jpg

I’d like more bark and leaves on my saddle, please.

14 dragonath  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:03:44pm

re: #9 wrenchwench

What Sueshiro Sano can’t do is web design.

A lot of Japanese web sites look like that, actually. I know that their version of Geocities never got killed, like the US one.

16 NJDhockeyfan  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:06:11pm

I love woodworking I have a wood shop in my shed. Beside making lamps, shelves, and toys I get to rebuild or replace parts of the house the way I want it.

17 Bulworth  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:08:49pm

re: #15 Kragar (Antichrist )

For an improper SSN?
Because of community organizing?
For fathering two black children?
For being an illegal immigrant from Hawaii?
For starting the Benghazi riots?

18 Kragar (Antichrist )  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:11:28pm

re: #17 Bulworth

For an improper SSN?
Because of community organizing?
For fathering two black children?
For being an illegal immigrant from Hawaii?
For starting the Benghazi riots?

Terrorists.

Really, that is their reason.

19 Bulworth  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:15:08pm

Hillary Clinton to go on speaker circuit, make some money.

Cue the outrage!

20 dragonath  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:15:14pm

You can’t really arrest Obama. When the moon strikes midnight, he’ll turn into crimson mist and pass through even the strongest bars.

21 Kragar (Antichrist )  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:19:34pm

re: #20 dragonath

Obama is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.
///

22 Interesting Times  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:19:46pm

He should know:

23 Kragar (Antichrist )  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:20:06pm

re: #19 Bulworth

Hillary Clinton to go on speaker circuit, make some money.

Cue the outrage!

I’ll get the Benghazi signs ready.

24 NJDhockeyfan  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:20:38pm

Joe Biden Discounts Semi-Assault Weapons: ‘Buy A Shotgun!’

Vice President Joe Biden participated in a Facebook Town Hall hosted by Parents Magazine on Tuesday as part of the administration’s push to reform the nation’s gun laws. Responding to a question about a possible ban on assault weapons, Biden advised that shotguns provide better protection.

“If you want to protect yourself get a double barrel shotgun, you don’t need an AR-15,” Biden said, referring to a type of semi-assault weapon. “You don’t need an AR-15, it’s harder to aim, it’s harder to use…buy a shotgun. Buy a shotgun!”

I have a shotgun. I haven’t used it for a very long time and that was just for skeet shooting.

25 Flounder  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:30:16pm

Porter-Cable is my power tool of choice, I swear by ‘em, not at ‘em! Getting a saw? make sure you get the laser, best thing since sliced bread!

26 Lidane  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:34:29pm

re: #17 Bulworth

For an improper SSN?
Because of community organizing?
For fathering two black children?
For being an illegal immigrant from Hawaii?
For starting the Benghazi riots?

For being President While Black. Duh.

LGF User's Guide RSS Feeds

The Federal Government Must Stop Catholic Hospitals From Harming More Women Unfortunately, it’s increasingly a common story. A woman who is expecting a baby rushes to the hospital knowing that something is going horribly awry. Her heart rate is elevated, and she is bleeding. Sadly, the pregnancy is doomed. Crying ...
Birth Control Works
Views: 1,616 • Comments: 1 • Rating: 5
Likes: 6
We Need to Meet Young Women’s Contraceptive Needs in Developing Regions—And We Can Make It Happen Today, of the 38 million adolescent women aged 15 to 19 in developing regions who are sexually active and want to avoid pregnancy, 23 million have an unmet need for modern contraceptives—meaning they are not using a contraceptive method ...
Birth Control Works
Likes: 0
Right on Brotha Provided to YouTube by Sony Music Entertainment Right On Brotha · Miles Davis / Miles Davis / Miles Davis / 邁爾士戴維斯 · Robert Glasper · Stevie Wonder / Stevie Wonder / スティーヴィーワンダー Everything's Beautiful ℗ 2016 Sony Music Entertainment ...
Likes: 0
RFID BlockerAs many people who read this particular weblog know I recently got a chip card from my credit union. After reading articles from wiki and every other popular weblog, I found some reliable information from some of my fellow LGF ...
PhillyPretzel
Likes: 0
Donald Trump Uber Alles I am the Super Classy Donald TrumpMy lies smile and never stumpSoon I will be President Obama power will soon go awayI will be fuhrer one dayI will command all of youYour kids will pledge to me in schoolYour ...
gocart mozart
Likes: 0
Should It Be Legal to Resell E-Books, Software, and Other Digital Goods? "If you're going to start reselling digital goods, who would be the fool who buys the original book?" asks Martijn David, the secretary general of the Dutch Publishers' Association. "A second-hand car is not new. A second-hand book is ...
Likes: 0
Swiss Mark Opening of World’s Longest and Deepest Rail Tunnel Switzerland will celebrate an engineering marvel 20 years in the works on Wednesday: the debut of the world's longest and deepest railroad tunnel. The new tunnel through the Alps is 35.5 miles long, exceeding by 2 miles the current ...
Likes: 0
Dr Heimlich Saves Choking Woman With Manoeuvre He Invented The 96-year-old American inventor of the Heimlich manoeuvre has used the technique himself to save a choking woman at his retirement home. Dr Henry Heimlich said he had demonstrated the technique many times but never used it in an ...
Likes: 0
Push for Encryption Is Losing Steam in Congress, Despite Apple ShowdownI've never been in favor of a back door, however if there's an appropriately issued warrant and the phone manufacturer retrieves the data and unencrypts it without handing the tools to the police, I do not have heartburn with that. ...
Likes: 0
Especially for the Indy Minded, Welcome to the Election From Hell The following author really captured what I sense, what I feel, what makes me despair of this election this year. My dear friends online, I confess I am far too independent for the comfort of many around me. This ...
Great White Snark