TwitterFacebook

Amazon Deal of the Day: Save Up to 50% on Select Porter-Cable Woodworking Tools

Get those home improvement projects done this year
From February 1, 2013 through February 28, 2013, save up to 50% on select Porter-Cable woodworking tools shipped and sold by amazon.com.

More: Save Up to 50% on Select Porter-Cable Woodworking Tools

Some of these tools are even more than 50% off. A good example is this Porter-Cable 690LR 11-Amp Fixed-Base Router (pictured below) for 57% off the retail price.

1 RadicalModerate  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 12:42:52pm

Important question: Does it support IPv6?

2 Kragar (Antichrist )  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 12:44:46pm

Is it compatible with the router ouija board?

3 NJDhockeyfan  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 12:46:53pm

Do they have any Porter-Cable drones on sale?

4 erik_t  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 12:48:39pm

re: #3 NJDhockeyfan

Do they have any Porter-Cable drones on sale?

Ah, those are Preder-Cable drones you’re thinking of.

Easy mistake to make.

5 Charles Johnson  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 12:49:39pm

These are some hellacious routers. If I needed to rout something, I’d be all over this.

6 dragonath  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 12:50:21pm

Has anyone noticed that big, bold, ALL-CAPS seem to be the rage in web design right now? The internet is yelling at me, man.

7 wrenchwench  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 12:54:10pm

TOOLS!!!

What’s “wood”?

Oh yeah.

Image: sano-bike-image1.jpg

A ninth-generation shipwright, Sueshiro Sano has been making exquisite wooden products since he was in elementary school. But in 2008, drawing inspiration and technique from a lifetime of shipbuilding, the woodworker produced his first bike constructed entirely of mahogany, including frame, fork, seat, seat post, handlebars/stem combination and even rims.

8 Charles Johnson  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 12:56:35pm

Seriously, though - Porter-Cable tools are kind of the industry standard. I’ve seen them in lots of guitar workshops.

9 wrenchwench  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 12:57:31pm

What Sueshiro Sano can’t do is web design.

10 Glenn Beck's Grand Unifying Theory of Obdicut  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 12:58:31pm

re: #9 wrenchwench

What Sueshiro Sano can’t do is web design.

Ah! Sudden man with bike!

11 wrenchwench  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:00:02pm

re: #10 Glenn Beck’s Grand Unifying Theory of Obdicut

Ah! Sudden man with bike!

…nor translation.

12 Charles Johnson  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:01:16pm

re: #7 wrenchwench

TOOLS!!!

What’s “wood”?

Oh yeah.

Image: sano-bike-image1.jpg

Awesome bikes. I love the aero wheel version:

Image: ZZ1B8679B9.jpg

13 wrenchwench  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:03:15pm

Awesome bikes. I love the aero wheel version:

Image: ZZ1B8679B9.jpg

I’d like more bark and leaves on my saddle, please.

14 dragonath  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:03:44pm

re: #9 wrenchwench

What Sueshiro Sano can’t do is web design.

A lot of Japanese web sites look like that, actually. I know that their version of Geocities never got killed, like the US one.

16 NJDhockeyfan  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:06:11pm

I love woodworking I have a wood shop in my shed. Beside making lamps, shelves, and toys I get to rebuild or replace parts of the house the way I want it.

17 Bulworth  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:08:49pm

re: #15 Kragar (Antichrist )

For an improper SSN?
Because of community organizing?
For fathering two black children?
For being an illegal immigrant from Hawaii?
For starting the Benghazi riots?

18 Kragar (Antichrist )  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:11:28pm

re: #17 Bulworth

For an improper SSN?
Because of community organizing?
For fathering two black children?
For being an illegal immigrant from Hawaii?
For starting the Benghazi riots?

Terrorists.

Really, that is their reason.

19 Bulworth  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:15:08pm

Hillary Clinton to go on speaker circuit, make some money.

Cue the outrage!

20 dragonath  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:15:14pm

You can’t really arrest Obama. When the moon strikes midnight, he’ll turn into crimson mist and pass through even the strongest bars.

21 Kragar (Antichrist )  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:19:34pm

re: #20 dragonath

Obama is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.
///

22 Interesting Times  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:19:46pm

He should know:

23 Kragar (Antichrist )  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:20:06pm

re: #19 Bulworth

Hillary Clinton to go on speaker circuit, make some money.

Cue the outrage!

I’ll get the Benghazi signs ready.

24 NJDhockeyfan  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:20:38pm

Joe Biden Discounts Semi-Assault Weapons: ‘Buy A Shotgun!’

Vice President Joe Biden participated in a Facebook Town Hall hosted by Parents Magazine on Tuesday as part of the administration’s push to reform the nation’s gun laws. Responding to a question about a possible ban on assault weapons, Biden advised that shotguns provide better protection.

“If you want to protect yourself get a double barrel shotgun, you don’t need an AR-15,” Biden said, referring to a type of semi-assault weapon. “You don’t need an AR-15, it’s harder to aim, it’s harder to use…buy a shotgun. Buy a shotgun!”

I have a shotgun. I haven’t used it for a very long time and that was just for skeet shooting.

25 Flounder  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:30:16pm

Porter-Cable is my power tool of choice, I swear by ‘em, not at ‘em! Getting a saw? make sure you get the laser, best thing since sliced bread!

26 Lidane  Tue, Feb 19, 2013 1:34:29pm

re: #17 Bulworth

For an improper SSN?
Because of community organizing?
For fathering two black children?
For being an illegal immigrant from Hawaii?
For starting the Benghazi riots?

For being President While Black. Duh.

Contact Us LGF Pages

This button leads to the main index of LGF Pages, our user-submitted articles. You can post your own LGF Pages simply by registering a free account with us.

Create a Page

This is the LGF Pages posting bookmarklet. To use it, drag this button to your browser's bookmark bar, and title it 'LGF Pages' (or whatever you like). Then browse to a site you want to post, select some text on the page to use for a quote, click the bookmarklet, and the Pages posting window will appear with the title, text, and any embedded video or audio files already filled in, ready to go.

Last updated: 2015-08-02 10:58 am PDT

LGF User's Guide RSS Feeds
Recent Pages
CriticalDragon1177
Epic Twitter Pwnage 2! Creationists Try to Take Down Evolution, Fail Miserably!
Its been a long time since I engaged in some epic twitter pwnage! The first and so far only other time I did, and wrote about it, was a long time ago, when Viciousbabushka and I took on some climate ...

Views: 92 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 0
Accelerated Pace of Kansas City Public Library’s Book-Culling Process Upsets Volunteers
It's like "Rainbow's End". Sylvia Stucky, a longtime member of Friends of the Kansas City Public Library, stood in the lobby of the Central Library downtown one day last week and opened her shoulder bag. "I just saved these from ...

Views: 92 • Comments: 1
Tweets: 1 • Rating: 1
Great White Snark
Jewelry Industry Shrinkage Trend Continues
This news looks awful as if the economy including the spending habits of the 1% and 1/10th% are steeply trending down. By implication, this flies in the face of the improving economy as described elsewhere. Well that hasty conclusion would ...

Views: 148 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 0
I Stand With Planned Parenthood
Jimmy Carter: America Is Not a Democracy Anymore (AUDIO)
Former President Jimmy Carter called the United States an "oligarchy" with "unlimited political bribery," on a radio program this week. More: Jimmy Carter: America Is Not a Democracy Anymore (AUDIO)

Views: 187 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 1
Cheechako
Iditarod Champ Dallas Seavey Adds Dog Treadmill to Training Repertoire
Suzanna CaldwellAlaska Dispatch NewsAugust 1, 2015 WILLOW -- Forget the gentle swoosh of sled runners over snow. Iditarod champion Dallas Seavey's summer training offers a stark contrast to his winter routine: more than a dozen dogs yapping manically in a ...

Views: 558 • Comments: 1
Tweets: 11 • Rating: 1
Eclectic Cyborg
MS GOP rep campaigns on pro Confederate Flag platform
So this showed up at my house today, it's an election mailer from one Jeffrey Guice who is running for re-election to the Mississippi State Senate. As you can see, it included an interesting detail... So basically he's taking pride ...

Views: 743 • Comments: 2
Tweets: 56 • Rating: 3
EiMitch
Cracked: 5 Sworn Enemies Who Formed Inspiring Friendships
I was catching-up with Cracked articles. I found an obvious click-bait article, "4 Sexual Preferences That Only Recently Became Taboo": cracked.com Knowing that, I read it anyway. From there, I read a depressing article, "5 Ways College Screws Over Poor ...

Views: 563 • Comments: 1
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 3
Skip Intro
Windows 10 is out. Help a guy out, please.
So I downloaded the Win 10 ISO image today, and started the install. The first thing I come across is a screen asking what I want to keep, my apps, data, and program settings, my data and program settings, or ...

Views: 828 • Comments: 7
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 0
Iwouldprefernotto
More Edited PP Videos
NYT -- More Edited PP Videos in the Pipeline The activist behind the videos, David Daleiden, has said he has enough covertly recorded footage for perhaps a dozen videos that he could release, one a week, for the next few ...

1 week ago
Views: 483 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 2
Predaka
Swedish Right Plans Gay Pride March Through Muslim Areas Of Stockholm
haaretz.com From the article: Swedish nationalists are planning a gay 'pride' march through Muslim-majority districts in the country's capital, according to media reports and a dedicated Facebook page. The march, called 'Pride Järva,' is scheduled to take place on July ...

1 week, 1 day ago
Views: 841 • Comments: 14
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 1
 Frank says:

Mr Zappa, I am astounded at the courtesy and soft voiced nature of the comments of my friend, the Senator from Tennessee. I can only say that I find your statement to be boorish, incredibly and insensitively insulting to the people who were here previously, that you could manage to give the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States a bad name, if I felt you had the slightest understanding of it, which I do not. -- - Senator Slade Gorton