Right Wing Blogs’ Massive Fail: Injured Saudi Is a Witness, Not a Suspect
Pamela Geller, Robert Spencer, Jim Hoft, and practically every other right wing blogger on the Internet immediately jumped on a New York Post story that turned out to be false, claiming that a Saudi national had been taken into custody in the Boston bombings. Today the Washington Post reports that the Saudi man was injured in the blasts, and is a witness, not a suspect.
U.S. law enforcement officials said Tuesday that a Saudi national injured in the Boston Marathon bombing is regarded as a witness, not a suspect.
The Saudi, who is recuperating at a Boston hospital, is in his 20s and is in the United States on a Saudi scholarship to study at a university in the Boston area.
The federal officials’ explanation echoed comments by a Saudi official at the country’s embassy in Washington. The embassy official said that a Saudi national has been questioned as a witness but is not regarded as a suspect. The Saudi official cited information provided to the embassy by U.S. law enforcement officials.
“We’re not aware of any Saudi suspect or Saudi person of interest,” said the Saudi official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the preliminary nature of the information.
He declined to identify the young man, but said he sustained serious burn injuries. The official said the victim is cooperating with U.S. investigators and granted permission for his Boston area apartment to be searched.
“He volunteered to have it searched,” the Saudi official said. “He is fully cooperating with authorities.”
Jim Hoft, Dumbest Man on the Internet, is still at it today, showing absolutely no interest in the statements from authorities that the Saudi man is not a suspect: PHOTOS of SAUDI NATIONAL Person of Interest in Boston Custody | the Gateway Pundit.