“You Have Been Blocked From Following Glenn Greenwald”

The hagiography must continue
Politics • Views: 28,978

Just thought you might like to know that super-journalist Glenn Greenwald has now blocked the LGF account on Twitter. Fully expected, of course; I’m only surprised it took him this long.

The last thing I tweeted before the block:

An unpopular sentiment, I guess.

1 Vicious Babushka  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:22:12pm

I am proudly blocked by MJayRosenberg and Atlasshrugs, and a bunch of other wingnuts who posted Fake Quotes.

2 thedopefishlives  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:22:45pm

re: #1 Vicious Babushka

The derptard from the previous thread who was arguing that “It’s not fake because the article didn’t say so” made me laugh.

3 Kragar  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:25:11pm

Courage.

4 Gus  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:25:31pm

Just thought you might like to know that super-journalist “something else” Glenn Greenwald has now blocked the LGF account on Twitter…

FTFY

6 erik_t  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:27:14pm

You can’t handle my stories about how privacy is being destroyed, therefore I’m making them private and not allowing you to follow them.

I suppose there is a certain poetry to it.

7 jaunte  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:27:33pm

“…And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness:
there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

8 Kragar  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:27:51pm
9 Velvet Elvis  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:28:59pm

The Goodwining on DKos is getting completely over the top.

10 thedopefishlives  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:29:23pm

re: #8 Kragar

Riiiight.

Hey, come on now, in the movies the geeky protagonist gets the hot girl in the end.///

11 Vicious Babushka  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:29:59pm

re: #9 Velvet Elvis

The Goodwining on DKos is getting completely over the top.

Is it worse or about the same as the Godwinning on Twitter?

12 Velvet Elvis  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:33:16pm

re: #11 Vicious Babushka

Is it worse or about the same as the Godwinning on Twitter?

I don’t do twitter so I don’t know.

I suspect about the same.

13 Randall Gross  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:37:32pm

re: #5 Vicious Babushka

It’s also in the Daily Mail.

14 Randall Gross  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:37:55pm

The Daily Banter’s Official Helpful Media Guide for Interacting With Glenn Greenwald
thedailybanter.com

15 Gus  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:38:06pm

re: #13 Randall Gross

It’s also in the Daily Mail.

Inside Edition!

16 Walking Spanish Down the Hall  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:39:19pm

re: #11 Vicious Babushka

Is it worse or about the same as the Godwinning on Twitter?

Somewhere the Exhalted Goodwhinners are really pissed at a man named Godwin.

17 jaunte  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:42:38pm

re: #9 Velvet Elvis

The Goodwining on DKos is getting completely over the top.

It’s so exciting. The suspicion that the government is actively spying on everything you write or look at online is like crystal meth to a grandiose personality.

18 Gus  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:47:23pm

re: #16 Walking Spanish Down the Hall

Somewhere the Exhalted Goodwhinners are really pissed at a man named Godwin.

Why getting a traffic ticket is worse than coming under fire in an artillery barrage!

19 AlexRogan  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:49:32pm

Ahh, the wingnut and moonbat response to anyone that proffers facts that contradict their worldview:

“I reject your reality and substitute my own!”

I somehow doubt that Adam Savage would approve of this perversion of his axiom.

20 freetoken  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:49:35pm

I think this headline falls under the category of “Opportunist”:

We can’t trust Obama

The IRS and NSA scandals show the president can’t be trusted to keep politics out of government.

The contradictions at the heart of the Obama presidency are finally out in the open. […]

Yes, Jonah Goldberg, opportunist.

The meme ” We can’t trust Obama” is what this is all about, and any smart manipulator will jump on it while it’s hot, in order to make money on it while one can. Fashion in news-memes is incredibly short lived and the good capitalist knows to be in the front half of the crowd.

21 sauceruney  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:49:42pm

I have very good friends who consider these idiots heroes, and we’re able to have intelligent conversations without blocking each other, though I admit having to walk away from twitter just for a sanity break.

22 Velvet Elvis  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:50:05pm

Wow. This one’s a doozy:

Everybody knew the Nazis were killing the Jews. The people of Auschwitz certainly must have; it rained flakes of burnt body fat from the crematoriums. So what’s the big act of surprise over it?

And besides, it was all perfectly legal, by German law. The Conference of Wannsee saw to that. Anybody who revealed the details of the extermination program was in violation of that law, too. Even though everybody knew what was going on. I know that seems contradictory, but that’s the way it is.

And you say large corporations collaborated with this plan and enriched themselves by it? Well, somebody had to get the contract. And not participating might have put them at risk of a law suit. Yup. A big one.

So, please, just shut up about Auschwitz. What’s all this fake melodrama about? Everybody knew about it at the time and it was legal at the time, too. Knowing that something rotten is going on, even just a glimmer about it, means that you must forever condone and approve it and shut up about it.

dailykos.com

23 NJDhockeyfan  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:50:23pm

Evening lizards.

This is part of an email I got at work earlier today:

Team-

One of our sales team members received a very disturbing call earlier today on their cell phone (see bolded and italicized text below) …we have contacted Jason Grimes, who tells us this is a national scam going on right now…should you receive a call like this, ask the sick individual on the phone when and where this specifically happened…street names, city names, times, etc…if you don’t get an appropriate answer, simply hang up the phone…the authorities are aware of the situation…

I received a phone call on my Comcast Blackberry late this morning from someone who was identifying himself as the brother of someone who was hit by my son’s car in a bad accident at a gas station. He said that his brother was a drug addict and got out of the car, pulled a gun on my son, and hit him in the head with the gun. He then said that his brother took my son to his apartment, and would not continue to hold him there until someone gave him the money to repair his car. He sounded very convincing and traumatized, but when I asked where this happened, he would not respond and kept telling me to just listen (my son lives in Ohio). I obviously called my son and daughter in law, and all was OK.

24 jaunte  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:50:41pm

dailykos.com

ZOMG!

27 AlexRogan  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:55:33pm

re: #22 Velvet Elvis

Wow. This one’s a doozy:

dailykos.com

To that shithead, I say this: Jim Crow laws were the law of the land here in many places in America during that same time period (and for many years afterward). Does that mean that no one had a moral responsibility to ameliorating their effects on black people or to work towards their repeal?

Don’t get me started on the morality of the legality of slavery…

28 Gus  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:55:42pm
29 bratwurst  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:56:48pm

re: #22 Velvet Elvis

Wow. This one’s a doozy:

dailykos.com

When you begin to sound exactly like Glenn Beck, it’s time to step away from the computer.

30 PhillyPretzel  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 7:58:45pm

re: #4 Gus

How about creative writer? It appears that most of his work is fiction.

31 CriticalDragon1177  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:01:09pm

Charles Johnson

You know, I had a lot of respect for Greenwald before this. Didn’t always agree with him, but I respected him. Now I’m really losing that respect. I thought he was better than this.

32 AntonSirius  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:01:56pm

re: #11 Vicious Babushka

Is it worse or about the same as the Godwinning on Twitter?

It’s more like Godwhining, really.

33 CriticalDragon1177  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:02:25pm

re: #14 Randall Gross

thedailybanter.com

Randall Gross,

Thanks!

34 engineer cat  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:09:25pm

All Bad Things Are The Fault Of People I Hate, Who Are Worse Than Seven Hitlers And I Told You So And Why Doesn’t Everybody Hate Them Too

i think that about takes care of it

35 Gus  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:12:55pm

It’s love.

36 PeterWolf  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:13:37pm

Blocking on Twitter is symbolic more than anything. There’s always RSS :)

37 William Barnett-Lewis  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:14:20pm

You know it’s bad when you got Paul-bots, Alex Jones, Glen Beck & the far left all rooting for the same guy. I had to laugh earlier because of pointing out the flaws in Mr. Snowden’s stories I was called an apologist for Obama and told I was parroting the white house line - at a gun site ;) Guess my DSA membership didn’t mean much!

38 abolitionist  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:15:10pm

I suspect Greenwald just doesn’t have time for you right now, Charles.

39 Charles Johnson  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:16:40pm
40 Gus  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:20:06pm

Snooo.

41 Gus  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:23:54pm
42 Dark_Falcon  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:25:54pm

re: #5 Vicious Babushka

The Blaze claims this is a photo of Snowden’s girlfriend. link.

If its in the Blaze and the Daily FAIL, then I consider that confirmation: It’s complete and utter bullshit.

43 Dark_Falcon  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:32:20pm

Deleted. I shouldn’t be whining.

44 jaunte  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:37:34pm

Stephen Colbert on Edward Snowden and his girlfriend:

“This could be the most passive-aggressive break-up in history.”

45 ProTARDISLiberal  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:42:28pm

So cute!!!!

Give me one now! I shall hug it, and give it food, and call it Sarah. :)

46 Kragar  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:43:52pm

SPINY NORMAN!

47 Gus  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:45:40pm

Buffalo Springfield - For What It’s Worth 1967

Youtube Video

48 Dark_Falcon  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:45:41pm

re: #45 ProTARDISLiberal

So cute!!!!

Give me one now! I shall hug it, and give it food, and call it Sarah. :)

Sarah? Why, you think it’s going to start spewing word salad at you?

//Just good fun.

49 Lidane  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:45:52pm

re: #35 Gus

Tebow heading to the Patriots and Goldberg giving Greenwald love.

Talk about a convergence of the weird.

50 Gus  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:47:50pm

re: #49 Lidane

Tebow heading to the Patriots and Goldberg giving Greenwald love.

Talk about a convergence of the weird.

51 The Ghost of a Flea  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:48:05pm

re: #46 Kragar

SPINY NORMAN!

Dinnsdale?

52 BroncD  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:49:27pm

“I’m blocking my Twitter account from you, because courage is contagious.”

53 Dark_Falcon  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:49:38pm

re: #49 Lidane

Tebow heading to the Patriots and Goldberg giving Greenwald love.

Talk about a convergence of the weird.

Well, if he’s not a QB, the Patriots can probably find a role for him. Belichek’s exceptional at designing trick and specialty plays.

54 Dark_Falcon  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:51:07pm

re: #52 BroncD

“I’m blocking my Twitter account from you, because courage is contagious.”

55 jaunte  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 8:51:24pm

re: #52 BroncD

“I’m blocking my Twitter account from you, because courage is contagious.”

Like the Hong Kong Flu.

56 Dark_Falcon  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 9:00:48pm

Linkedin publishes a major piece of DERP:

Did Obama Just Destroy the U.S. Internet Industry?

Short Answer: No, but let’s hear the heart the article:

News about the National Security Agency’s PRISM program and its privileged access to internal user data at 9 U.S. Internet companies has unleashed a torrent of justified anger and hand-wringing. But the worries do not go far enough. Almost everybody is still looking at this through a narrow domestic lens. Our values and goals may be more challenged than you think.

The implications are not just about what happens to the privacy of Americans and to the future of American political due process. There are potentially vast negative global consequences. Giving the U.S. government special rights to data from U.S. companies sets a terrible precedent, and is hugely short-sighted.

The Internet is intrinsically a global business and social landscape. Yet up until now American companies have overwhelmingly dominated it. They have done so with astonishing innovation and technical achievement. Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Skype, Yahoo, and YouTube — all companies said to be participating in PRISM — are the world’s most important digital platforms for communications and information. The economic and political benefits both to the U.S. and to the world of this domination are obvious. Not only are they by far the world’s most valuable set of businesses for investors. They have created extraordinary value for their users by fostering an openness and landscape for free expression and dialogue that is unprecedented.

How much of this astonishing success are we willing to sacrifice on the altar of domestic security?

Short answer to this last line: As much of it as we need to. President Obama is responsible first and foremost for protecting the country and its citizens, business concerns are distinctly secondary in priority.

But beyond that, this piece seems to assume most people are going to be as panicky as he is and flee Google for fear the NSA is spying on them. Serious projection in that assumption.

57 Charles Johnson  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 9:05:29pm

Investigators Looking at How Snowden Gained Access at NSA

Administration officials said Monday that they are working to confirm that Snowden leaked the documents and build a case against him without relying on his admissions in his video interview with the Guardian. Investigators also need to determine whether anyone else was involved in disclosing the information to reporters, officials said.

FBI agents are interviewing Snowden’s family and associates, said officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the investigation.

Snowden, who said he leaked top-secret documents to expose abuse and not to cause damage to the United States, told the Guardian that he had “full access to the rosters of everyone working at the NSA, the entire intelligence community, and undercover assets all around the world, the locations of every station we have, what their missions are and so forth.”

Officials questioned some of Snowden’s assertions in his interview with the Guardian, saying that several of his claims seemed exaggerated. Among them were assertions that he could order wiretaps on anyone from “a federal judge to even the president.”

“When he said he had access to every CIA station around the world, he’s lying,” said a former senior agency official, who added that information is so closely compartmented that only a handful of top-ranking executives at the agency could access it.

Current and former administration officials were flummoxed by Snowden’s claim that he was authorized to access the orders from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.

The order probably would have been accessible to the NSA general counsel’s office, the compliance office that deals with the court, and the operational arm carrying out the collection, former officials said.

One former NSA official said the NSA employs layers of security to scrutinize employees, including keystroke-monitoring systems to identify potential breaches or unwarranted searches of NSA databases.

Joel Brenner, a former NSA inspector general, said any investigation needs to focus on how Snowden “had access to such a startling range of information.”

58 Lidane  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 9:05:55pm

re: #56 Dark_Falcon

I have a real love/hate with LinkedIn. It’s great for finding a job, but as a social network, it drives me nuts. The articles and “influencers” they publish don’t say much.

59 ProTARDISLiberal  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 9:48:39pm

Well, Final Fantasy Versus XIII has now become Final Fantasy XV. It has also been shifted to the PS4.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is also now in development.

60 funky chicken  Mon, Jun 10, 2013 9:54:49pm

re: #8 Kragar

Riiiight.

Grandiose narcissist males have a pretty good track record of attracting women unfortunately.

61 Tigger2  Tue, Jun 11, 2013 1:09:22am

re: #22 Velvet Elvis

Wow. This one’s a doozy:

dailykos.com

And it looks like he was HRed into oblivion. They didn’t like his comment either.

An HR there is like a down ding here.

62 Patricia Kayden  Tue, Jun 11, 2013 6:57:42am

re: #20 freetoken

I think this headline falls under the category of “Opportunist”:

We can’t trust Obama

Yes, Jonah Goldberg, opportunist.

Neither the NSA or the IRS matters are “scandals”. Sorry Jonah/Rightwingers. And I trust President Obama much more than I would any of the Repubs who were running for President last year (including the losing robot).

63 leftynyc  Tue, Jun 11, 2013 7:39:56am

re: #28 Gus

Markos doesn’t have to get involved. It looks like the community took care of that post quite nicely by giving it over 25 hidden ratings. I have my problems with DK but someone should have pointed out that comment was hidden by the DKos community.

64 SmithCommaJohn  Tue, Jun 11, 2013 8:51:25am

TWITTER GULAG!!!111

65 CriticalDragon1177  Tue, Jun 11, 2013 2:33:37pm

re: #64 SmithCommaJohn

LOL!

Yusuf / Cat Stevens - Father and Son From Tea for the Tillerman Remake SUBSCRIBE yusufcatstevens.lnk.to and ENABLE 🔔 The official video for ‘Father & Son’ by Yusuf / Cat Stevens. Directed by director Chris Hopewell, Jacknife Films and Black Dog Film. Order Tea For The Tillerman 2 here: catstevens.lnk.to Listen to Father ...
Half-Staff Notice: Death of Associate Justice Ruth Bader-Ginsberg In accordance with the US Flag Code, 4 U.S. Code § 7. Position and manner of display (m), the Flag of the United States and all subordinate government agencies shall be placed at half-staff from the day of death until ...
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷
#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 200913In all our spare time, we've been working on a small side project since probably last August.We pulled out the scalloped border, sifted out all the rocks, installed the wood border and put in some sod.Saturday we put the vase ...
dangerman
Better Know a Ballot: Stephen Colbert’s State-by-State Guide to Voting in the 2020 Election Do you want to vote in the 2020 election? Confused about how to register or vote by mail? That makes sense because the rules all vary from state to state, which is why we created . #Colbert #Election2020 #BetterKnowABallot ...
Deep Sea Diver - Impossible Weight Featuring Sharon Van Etten (Official Video) “Impossible Weight” off Deep Sea Diver’s new album “Impossible Weight” out October 16th. Pre-order /pre-save Impossible Weight here smarturl.it Distributed by ATO Records ~~~~~~~~~ Directors: Jessica Dobson, Peter Mansen, Tyler KalbergArt direction: Jessica Dobson, Tyler KalbergDirector of photography: Tyler ...
Alicia Keys - Wasted Energy (Visualizer) Ft. Diamond PlatinumzAlicia Keys - ALICIA: smarturl.it Follow Alicia Keys:Instagram: instagram.comFacebook: facebook.comTwitter: @aliciakeysWebsite: aliciakeys.com #AliciaKeys #ALICIA #NewRnB
Bobby Watson & Horizon — Post Motown Bop Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group The Punjab Of Java Po' · Bobby Watson & Horizon · Victor Lewis Post-Motown Bop ℗ A Blue Note Records Release; ℗ 1991 Capitol Records, LLC Released on: 1991-01-01 Producer, Co- Producer, ...
Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets - One of These Days (Live at the Roundhouse) Nick Mason’s Saucerful Of Secrets Live At The Roundhouse available now at smarturl.it Watch the trailer for the blu-ray smarturl.it‘Set the Controls For The Heart Of The Sun’ YouTube‘Fearless’ YouTube'Astronomy Domine' YouTube'Green Is The Colour' YouTube'See Emily Play' YouTube ...
Future Islands - ‘Moonlight’ (Official Music Video) Future Islands’ new album 'As Long As You Are', released October 9th on 4AD. Listen to new tracks, pre-save and pre-order the album here: futureislands.ffm.to future-islands.cominstagram.com@futureislandsfacebook.com Credits:Director: Will MayerFemale Lead: Callie HernandezMale Lead: Matthew Gray Gubler Executive Producer: Alyssa ...
The Mandalorian Season 2 Trailer ‘The Mandalorian’ season 2 trailer dropped Tuesday morning, bringing back the main trio Din Djarin aka the Mandalorian (Pedro Pascal), Cara Dune (Gina Carano), Greef Carga (Carl Weathers) and, of course, Baby Yoda! A hooded and mysterious new character, ...