Gotta love it when wingnuts squabble
Wingnuts • Views: 30,564

Meanwhile, in the lunatic right wing Birther community (and yes, it’s a community, and not a small one), a war is breaking out, as crackpot “journalist” Charles C. Johnson (who is NOT ME) visits Birther queen bee Orly Taitz and reportedly reveals a bit of BOMBSHELL BREAKING NEWS: Journalist Claims Breitbart Ignored Obama Eligibility Evidence Out of Fear of Government. (Google cache link to insane Birther site.)

Orly Taitz recently revealed some information that was procured through her dealings with former breitbart.com journalist Charles Johnson. If her account is factual, then it would be a serious indictment of this popular news organization. It goes beyond ignoring the facts to an unthinkable realization of purposely covering them up.

Attorney Orly Taitz was a speaker at an event with writer Charles Johnson…

After the presentation Johnson answered questions from the public

Johnson revealed that early on Andrew Breitbart hired him to disprove birther claims, to show that birthers are lying and Obama is eligible for the presidency. Johnson, an accomplished investigative journalist, engaged in extensive research and found that Taitz and others are correct, that birther claims are true, that Obama is indeed a fraud and using all bogus IDs. Johnson went back to Breitbart and other editors of breitbart.com advising them that birther claims are 100% correct and they should write about it. breitbart.com editors refused to write about it as they were afraid of persecutions by the IRS and other government agencies.

So, Johnson confirmed at a public meeting that breitbart.com, which fashions itself as a political dissident publication, was as complicit in the cover up of the biggest fraud in the US history, as the other main stream media publications, high ranking officials and a number of judges.

As a connoisseur of right wing idiocy, it pleases me enormously to see the Birther kooks attacking the Breitbrat kooks. It’s a kook battle! And this also shreds whatever credibility Charles C. Johnson (who is NOT ME) may have had; the guy is a Birther. End of story.

At her weird website, Orly Taitz also posted a photo of the book Charles C. Johnson (who, again, is NOT ME) signed for her, with the message: “To Orly — Keep telling the truth.”

1 Pie-onist Overlord  May 20, 2014 11:36:39am

This may be what has Mona so confused.

2 Kragar  May 20, 2014 11:37:54am

BEHAVE YOURSELVES!

3 Dr Lizardo  May 20, 2014 11:38:24am

What’s the crunching sound I hear? Why, it’s the wingnuts eating their own.

Gotta love it.

4 b.d.  May 20, 2014 11:38:34am

BREITBART HAS ALWAYS BEEN IN THE TANK FOR NOBAMA

5 Testy Toad T  May 20, 2014 11:38:46am

Hey Charles, why do you, of all people, keep getting involved with these crazy birthers!?

6 Jack Burton  May 20, 2014 11:38:49am

re: #2 Kragar

BEHAVE YOURSELVES!

Youtube Video

7 Kragar  May 20, 2014 11:39:27am

re: #6 Jack Burton

Video

Youtube Video

8 Skip Intro  May 20, 2014 11:39:38am

Orly just can’t seem to figure out that when the whole world says the sky is blue but she says it’s green, maybe the problem is with her.

9 b.d.  May 20, 2014 11:39:42am

WIKILEAKS SHOULD GIVE BREITBART 72 HOURS TO PUBLISH THE REAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE

10 HappyWarrior  May 20, 2014 11:39:49am

I hate it when mommy and daddy argue.

11 b.d.  May 20, 2014 11:40:48am

I’m withholding judgment until I hear from Donald Trump.

12 Major Tom  May 20, 2014 11:44:26am

I’m all of a sudden ok with my nearly unique, badly translated from cyrillic, strangely ethnic sounding last name. :)

And I always wanted to be a Johnson or a Smith or a Jones… ;)

13 Skip Intro  May 20, 2014 11:44:31am

re: #4 b.d.

BREITBART HAS ALWAYS BEEN IN THE TANK FOR NOBAMA

Breitbart had finally seen the light, and that’s why Obama had him killed. Same with Loretta Fuddy, whom Obama had killed in a plane crash because she was about to reveal the truth about his fake birth certificate.

Thank God Ace Investigator Butterdezillion is on the Fuddy case. With Butter and Orly, I doubt the regime will last past the end of January, 2017.

14 Skip Intro  May 20, 2014 11:45:47am

re: #11 b.d.

I’m withholding judgment until I hear from Donald Trump.

Donald is still looking for his crack team of investigators who disappeared without a trace in Hawaii after discovering some “amazing information”.

15 Pie-onist Overlord  May 20, 2014 11:46:40am

re: #14 Skip Intro

Obama forced them on the Malaysian Airlines plane before he disappeared it.

16 Shiplord Kirel  May 20, 2014 11:48:07am

re: #3 Dr Lizardo

What’s the crunching sound I hear? Why, it’s the wingnuts eating their own.

Gotta love it.

Buffalo wingnuts, with bitter tears sauce.

17 Dr Lizardo  May 20, 2014 11:48:17am

YES, YES, WINGNUTS! YOUR BUTTHURT IS MUSIC TO MY EARS!!

pennlive.com

A federal judge has ruled that Pennsylvania’s ban on gay marriages is unconstitutional.

U.S. Middle District Judge John Jones on Tuesday overturned the state’s 1996 Defense of Marriage Act, which in addition to prohibiting gay marriages, banned recognition of gay marriages performed in states that have legalized it.

18 Kragar  May 20, 2014 11:49:17am

re: #14 Skip Intro

The last letter he ever heard from them: “Sell the house. Sell the car. Sell the kids. Find someone else. Forget it. I’m never coming back. Forget it.”

19 Lidane  May 20, 2014 11:49:34am

re: #17 Dr Lizardo

20 jamesfirecat  May 20, 2014 11:49:43am

So Charles do you have an actual middle initial of you own that we could use to tell you apart from other Charles Johnsons?

If you don’t have you considered going the futrama route and deciding to be Charles X Johnson, because the “X” just sounds cool?

21 RealityBasedSteve  May 20, 2014 11:51:20am

re: #14 Skip Intro

The “Amazing Information” was 2 for 1 Mai Tai’s at Holiday Inn Lounge. That’s what happened to them.

22 Kragar  May 20, 2014 11:53:12am
23 Killgore Trout  May 20, 2014 11:53:42am

Nigerian twin bomb explosions kill dozens in Jos

A spokesperson for the regional governor told AFP news agency that most of the victims were women. The market and bus terminal are part of the commercial centre of Jos.

24 Bulworth  May 20, 2014 11:53:58am

Oh, OK. That I didn’t know. I’ll start believing right away. //

25 Lidane  May 20, 2014 11:54:26am

What is it with Republicans and refusing to debate their opponents?

26 Kragar  May 20, 2014 11:55:22am

re: #25 Lidane

What is it with Republicans and refusing to debate their opponents?

They realize they won’t win any votes if people hear them talk about their positions

27 The Ghost of a Flea  May 20, 2014 11:55:25am

kookmachia?

28 makeitstop  May 20, 2014 11:55:28am

re: #11 b.d.

I’m withholding judgment until I hear from Donald Trump Ted Nugent.

One bad source is just as bad as another.

29 Lidane  May 20, 2014 11:55:36am

re: #20 jamesfirecat

Oh man. There could even be wicked X-Men inspired graphics with that. Haha.

30 Major Tom  May 20, 2014 11:56:08am

Charles Danger Johnson.
He could go by CJ.
Charles “The Destroyer” Johnson has a memorable ring to it.
Or he could just use a handle like “Longshanks,” you know, like Cher.

32 RealityBasedSteve  May 20, 2014 11:56:33am

Say, does anybody recall what the “Universe Shattering News” was that was going to bust it all open and have Obama removed from office? I may have missed it with all the adventure with 10’s of 10’s showing up at the mall to protest, get their parking validated, then go home.

Hot Wingnut on Wingnut action. It makes me feel so good to watch it….

33 Kragar  May 20, 2014 11:57:28am

re: #32 RealityBasedSteve

Hot Wingnut on Wingnut action. It makes me feel so good to watch it….

RBS

I think they had proof he was black

34 Sionainn  May 20, 2014 11:58:01am

re: #32 RealityBasedSteve

Hot Wingnut on Wingnut action. It makes me feel so good to watch it….

RBS

Last I heard, they were still getting it all put together for release. I’ve been waiting with bated breath.

35 Major Tom  May 20, 2014 11:59:21am

re: #32 RealityBasedSteve

No News that I am aware of, they were just gonna walk up and put him in handcuffs.

“Get Her” That was your whole plan, Ray. Just, “Get Her.” (Life apparently can be explained with Ghostbusters quotes.)

36 Bulworth  May 20, 2014 11:59:51am

Kragar posted:

Judge on marriage ban: “We are a better people than what these laws represent and it is time to discard them into the ash heap of history.”

Activist judges distracting from Benghazi wait till Op American Spring part 3.2 get its hands on them!!

37 Lidane  May 20, 2014 12:01:36pm

re: #22 Kragar

The best part of this story is that Rick Santorum recommended the judge for the bench in the first place. Heh.

38 HappyWarrior  May 20, 2014 12:03:54pm

re: #37 Lidane

Well I know of one judge who won’t be on Santorum’s Christmas Card list this year.

39 Kragar  May 20, 2014 12:05:55pm

re: #37 Lidane

“You betrayed me Fredo.”

40 Romantic Heretic  May 20, 2014 12:12:36pm

re: #24 Bulworth

Well, rummaging around in a brain as damaged as ‘not-our-Charles’ is probably complicated enough to count as research. It’s like cleaning an attic. “Oh! I wonder where that came from?”

The analogy breaks down with the realization that most the stuff stored there is imaginary though. Maybe a safari into the darkest reaches of the Amazon rainforest works better?

41 Feline Fearless Leader  May 20, 2014 12:14:34pm

re: #37 Lidane

How soon until Santorum appears to say that if struck down it will come back more powerful than you could possibly imagine?

42 Charles Johnson  May 20, 2014 12:14:44pm
43 RealityBasedSteve  May 20, 2014 12:18:48pm

So we can tell the GOOD CHARLES from the CRAZY CHARLES, here’s my suggestion our Our Charles Name….
Lord Charles, Destroyer of Derps, Ridiculer of the Right, Finder of Facts and Protector of the Truth Johnson.

Ok, I MAY have watched too many episodes of Game Of Thrones over the weekend. “X” works too.

44 Rev_Arthur_Belling  May 20, 2014 12:20:50pm

I had no idea Breitbart was actually popular.

45 RealityBasedSteve  May 20, 2014 12:21:57pm

re: #44 Rev_Arthur_Belling

I had no idea Breitbart was actually popular.

I had no idea it was a News Organization.

46 Lidane  May 20, 2014 12:22:45pm

This just gets better and better. Recommended for the bench by Santorum. Appointed by Dubya. And cites Scalia in his decision:

Lots of right wing heads going ‘splodey today.

47 Kragar  May 20, 2014 12:22:49pm

re: #45 RealityBasedSteve

I had no idea it was a News Organization.

Neither did they.

48 Bulworth  May 20, 2014 12:23:14pm
If her account is factual…

But even if it isn’t, we’ll carry on as if it was

49 Kragar  May 20, 2014 12:23:32pm

re: #46 Lidane

Lots of right wing heads going ‘splodey today.

Youtube Video

50 Lidane  May 20, 2014 12:23:53pm

re: #45 RealityBasedSteve

I had no idea it was a News Organization.

RBS

It’s a news organization? I thought Breitbart was just an outlet for RWNJ rants and conspiracy theories.

51 Rightwingconspirator  May 20, 2014 12:24:26pm

Gotta melt some butter.

52 Jack Burton  May 20, 2014 12:25:13pm

re: #20 jamesfirecat

Then he would be Charlie X.

Image: charlie_X-e1346677255202.jpg

“I can make you all go away. Any time I want to!”

53 Justanotherhuman  May 20, 2014 12:25:26pm

You mean she hasn’t done anything egregious enough to get deported yet?

I mean how many is too many when you’re presenting forgeries to the Supreme Court?

54 nines09  May 20, 2014 12:28:43pm

re: #25 Lidane

Fear. They have everything to lose when outside of the Echo Chamber or not on Fox News. Real people. Real questions. Real consequences.

55 Skip Intro  May 20, 2014 12:29:21pm

re: #32 RealityBasedSteve

Hot Wingnut on Wingnut action. It makes me feel so good to watch it….

56 Kragar  May 20, 2014 12:29:31pm

Suddenly, Toots and the Maytals…

Youtube Video

57 b.d.  May 20, 2014 12:29:46pm

re: #20 jamesfirecat

Nah, then people would start to confuse him with Charles Xavier

58 Aqua Obama  May 20, 2014 12:31:03pm

re: #17 Dr Lizardo

YES, YES, WINGNUTS! YOUR BUTTHURT IS MUSIC TO MY EARS!!

pennlive.com

Image: BoGdkutIMAAk6RL.png

ahaaaaa

59 Pie-onist Overlord  May 20, 2014 12:31:27pm

Charles’ middle initial is F.

60 Ian G.  May 20, 2014 12:32:07pm

re: #17 Dr Lizardo

YES, YES, WINGNUTS! YOUR BUTTHURT IS MUSIC TO MY EARS!!

pennlive.com

You know, I had looked at the map of states that still had gay marriage bans just this morning, trying to figure out the next domino to fall. And I said, “Pennsylvania”.

This one is especially sweet because Rick Santorum tears taste like cookies to me.

OK, I have to update my prediction on the next next domino. I’ll go with Wisconsin.

61 Kragar  May 20, 2014 12:32:17pm
62 b.d.  May 20, 2014 12:33:32pm

re: #59 Pie-onist Overlord

Charles’ middle initial is F.

That will not do at all. He needs to change it, there needs to be a poll.

63 Aqua Obama  May 20, 2014 12:33:46pm

re: #60 Ian G.

omg

64 Ian G.  May 20, 2014 12:34:11pm

re: #61 Kragar

WTFITS?

Yes, I’m a racist for worrying about the effects of climate change on, not me, but poor dark-skinned people from New Orleans to Bangladesh who will soon see their homes disappear beneath the seas.

65 Skip Intro  May 20, 2014 12:34:25pm

Why Did FEMA Stop The American Spring Protests?

Not a joke site.

tellmenow.com

66 Kragar  May 20, 2014 12:34:45pm

re: #62 b.d.

That will not do at all. He needs to change it, there needs to be a poll.

That would be Charles “Fricking” Johnson to you!
///

67 Jack Burton  May 20, 2014 12:34:46pm

re: #52 Jack Burton

Also…

Instead of getting hit with the ban hammer, this might happen to you:

Image: 2-charlie-x.jpg

68 Aqua Obama  May 20, 2014 12:35:38pm

re: #67 Jack Burton

Also…

Instead of getting hit with the ban hammer, this might happen to you:

Image: 2-charlie-x.jpg

That shit was scary at 5 years old

69 nines09  May 20, 2014 12:36:13pm

re: #65 Skip Intro

OMG! They vaporized them!

70 Charles Johnson  May 20, 2014 12:38:13pm
71 Dr Lizardo  May 20, 2014 12:38:15pm

re: #60 Ian G.

The wingnuts are genuinely at a loss as to what to do. Of course, the usual fatuous talk of secession invariably crops up, but the impression I’m getting is that they’re genuinely flabbergasted that the tide has turned so quickly against them.

BWAHAHAHA!!

Sorry, schadenfreude there.

72 Bulworth  May 20, 2014 12:38:33pm

I now believe global warming alarmists are unpatriotic racists knowingly misleading for their own ends. Good night.
— Pat Sajak (
@patsajak

Thanks for sharing, Pat. But the staff needs you to return to your room, please.

73 Feline Fearless Leader  May 20, 2014 12:38:34pm

re: #69 nines09

OMG! They vaporized them!

Did they file the environmental impact statement with the EPA regarding the effects of condensing tea bagger bits?

74 dog philosopher  May 20, 2014 12:39:01pm

This is the bind you find yourselves in, Class of 2014: No society, not even one that cossets the young as much as ours does, can treat you as children forever. A central teaching of Genesis is that knowledge is purchased at the expense of innocence. A core teaching of the ancients is that personal dignity is obtained through habituation to virtue. And at least one basic teaching of true liberalism is that the essential right of free people is the right to offend, and an essential responsibility of free people is to learn how to cope with being offended

dear wingnut

iffa i had known that protesting college commencement speakers waz gonna git under yer skin so much idda done it a long time ago kthxbai

75 Fairly Sure I'm Still Obdicut  May 20, 2014 12:39:16pm

re: #61 Kragar

He’s been an idiot for awhile.

76 Aqua Obama  May 20, 2014 12:40:35pm

Come on, Pat, we want to know how you really feel.

77 dog philosopher  May 20, 2014 12:41:22pm

Noah Rothman has some advice for Republicans on how to connect the VA scandal to anger over the Affordable Care Act

i know you are a bunch of liars but why be so upfront about it? show a little subtlety fercrissakes

78 nines09  May 20, 2014 12:41:45pm

re: #73 Feline Fearless Leader

I suspect it was highly secret top shelf nanotechnological beams which leave no trace. Nothing. Zilch. Just a slight whiff of burnt Depends.

79 dog philosopher  May 20, 2014 12:42:13pm

Jonah Goldberg explains

nothing good can come from a sentence that starts this way

80 Stanley Sea  May 20, 2014 12:42:27pm

Drunk game show host says something?

81 Rev_Arthur_Belling  May 20, 2014 12:43:08pm

re: #75 Fairly Sure I’m Still Obdicut

He’s been an idiot for awhile.

Wow. I had no idea. Of course, I haven’t watched WoF since I the early 80s. Thankfully, asshat game show hosts will be retired or dead soon enough. (Pat’s 67)

82 Aqua Obama  May 20, 2014 12:45:04pm

Oh yeah, that Judge labelled the sections in his ruling with terms from a marriage contract

suck it Santorum

83 wrenchwench  May 20, 2014 12:45:08pm

re: #80 Stanley Sea

Drunk game show host says something?

He can’t find his A.

84 Aqua Obama  May 20, 2014 12:46:43pm

Trebek kicks Sajak’s pasty white ass anyday, anyway

85 ObserverArt  May 20, 2014 12:47:09pm

re: #59 Pie-onist Overlord

Charles’ middle initial is F.

I done learned that from Wiki some months ago when I was looking for a list of Albums Charles played on. By the way…29 albums. Whoa!!!

86 Bulworth  May 20, 2014 12:47:37pm

Rev_Arthur_Belling posted:

Thankfully, asshat game show hosts will be retired or dead soon enough.

If this isn’t tweeted back to him in response than all our work has been for nothing.

87 wrenchwench  May 20, 2014 12:48:17pm

re: #86 Bulworth

Rev_Arthur_Belling posted:

What’s it gonna take to fix your quote button?

88 Justanotherhuman  May 20, 2014 12:48:21pm

So, will Taint publish her naturalization papers since she’s always running for something anymore, and, BTW, how about Carnival Cruz? Are we going to see his long form birth certficate from Alberta, CA? ///

She’s never shown proof she’s an American citizen, so whadda we know?

OK, so she got banned from Breitbart and this is payback. From her own site:

“More evidence that breitbart.com is covering up the issue of Obama’s use of fabricated IDs

Posted on | May 19, 2014 | No Comments
“Breitbart banned user commenting on BO ineligibility!
Submitted on 2014/05/19 at 2:07 pm

“Breitbart banned my username after posting concise factual comments on BO regarding both his Constitutional A2S1 ineligibility and identity fraud.”

orlytaitzesq.com

No, you don’t have to go there since I already did. : )

89 RealityBasedSteve  May 20, 2014 12:48:35pm

re: #85 ObserverArt

How about Charles “in F” Johnson?

90 Kragar  May 20, 2014 12:48:38pm
91 Aqua Obama  May 20, 2014 12:48:39pm
92 wrenchwench  May 20, 2014 12:50:04pm

re: #89 RealityBasedSteve

How about Charles “in F” Johnson?

I guess that’s better than Charles F’in Johnson.

93 lawhawk  May 20, 2014 12:50:23pm

re: #90 Kragar

94 RealityBasedSteve  May 20, 2014 12:51:12pm

re: #78 nines09

FEMA and HAARP are just two of the public facets of MAJESTIC that they WANT you to see… it’s the stuff you don’t see that’s the scary part…. I just made all that up, but it sounds good.

95 RealityBasedSteve  May 20, 2014 12:51:55pm

re: #92 wrenchwench

I guess that’s better than Charles F’in Johnson.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!!! All the updings to you, young miss.

96 Backwoods_Sleuth  May 20, 2014 12:52:34pm

Did the voting thing. Wish I’d had a camera.
There is a sign taped to the desk where you sign the voting book: “To validate your identity, you must give your name.”
Just keeping it simple in eastern Kentucky.

97 Jack Burton  May 20, 2014 12:52:49pm

re: #94 RealityBasedSteve

RBS

The story line of the original Deus Ex game was more believable than most kook conspiracy bullshit out there right now.

98 nines09  May 20, 2014 12:54:34pm

re: #94 RealityBasedSteve

RBS

I suspect that will be picked up and rerun as a valid statement by a Patriotic Paranoid soon enough. Sound plausible. Almost as if the bad we see is only…..bzzzzzzzzzzzzz…..zzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiipppppp………..———————-,,,,,,,

99 Eventual Carrion  May 20, 2014 12:55:11pm

re: #17 Dr Lizardo

YES, YES, WINGNUTS! YOUR BUTTHURT IS MUSIC TO MY EARS!!

pennlive.com

That will make a couple couples (department of the department of redundancy) I know happy. They had gone to New York state to get married after NY made the correct decision to let people marry the person that they want. Hopefully they will get recognition here in PA now.

100 wrenchwench  May 20, 2014 12:55:18pm

Did the voting thing. Wish I’d had a camera.
Just keeping it simple in eastern Kentucky.

Disenfranchising the nameless!

101 RealityBasedSteve  May 20, 2014 12:55:22pm

re: #97 Jack Burton

They remind me of a bunch of guys at a bar, telling “no shit… There I was” stories. At some point everybody (except those telling the tales) knows that LONG AGO the border into the realm of pure fantasy and make-believe was passed.

102 klys  May 20, 2014 12:56:18pm

Dear sinuses:

This isn’t cool. Can we stop with the infection?

Thanks.

103 Shiplord Kirel  May 20, 2014 12:57:14pm

Eisenhower also showed a real knack for evolving and learning from his mistakes during his tenure. Early in his first term, he let Churchill and British Petroleum hornswoggle him into overthrowing Mosaddegh in Iran. The following year, at the instigation of rightists in the State Department, he did the same with a left-leaning government in Guatemala . By 1956, however; when Britain, France, and Israel ganged up on Egypt to take back the Suez Canal; he refused to support the erstwhile allies and forced them to withdraw. He ended his second term with his iconic warning about the military-industrial complex.

104 Pie-onist Overlord  May 20, 2014 12:57:20pm

THIS WINS ALL TEH TWITTERS.

105 Shiplord Kirel  May 20, 2014 1:04:03pm

re: #103 Shiplord Kirel

Of course, both Reagan and Eisenhower were elected primarily on the strength of name recognition. Reagan had it for appearing in a lot of bad movies, Ike for orchestrating the destruction of the Third Reich.

106 Pie-onist Overlord  May 20, 2014 1:05:18pm

SMH THIS JUST REEKS OF STRAIGHT PRIVILEGE.

107 Pie-onist Overlord  May 20, 2014 1:06:57pm

Dipshit, the “government form” is not “proof of love” it’s proof of inheritance, custody, visitation, property rights, all things that straight married couples take for granted.

108 Justanotherhuman  May 20, 2014 1:07:56pm

FCC Will Look Into Netflix’s Peering Complaints, Chairman Says

recode.net

“The FCC will look into issues raised recently by Netflix and other companies about Internet traffic delivery, chairman Tom Wheeler said at a hearing Tuesday, as he faced a bipartisan chorus of complaints about his recent net neutrality proposal.

“Most lawmakers on the House Communications and Technology Subcommittee focused on the FCC’s net neutrality proposal released last week, which would open the door to allowing Internet providers to offer fast-lane service. Critics of the plan say that it would violate the spirit of net neutrality, which is that Internet providers should not discriminate against any legal Internet traffic and it should mostly be treated equally.

“Democratic lawmakers complained about the fast-lane plan and said the FCC should consider re-regulating Internet lines, which would give the agency clearer authority to police broadband providers. Republicans mostly echoed concerns raised by phone and cable companies, which don’t want their lines re-regulated under rules written for old phone networks.” More

109 Justanotherhuman  May 20, 2014 1:09:30pm

re: #107 Pie-onist Overlord

Marriage is a legal contract, and everyone deserves the rights contracts convey.

110 Lidane  May 20, 2014 1:12:54pm

re: #109 Justanotherhuman

YES. THIS.

111 Bulworth  May 20, 2014 1:16:06pm

Have the Democrats decided whether to join, or who to nominate for The Mother Of All NonPolitical Benghazi Committees yet?

If not, I favor a policy of continuing to hem and haw about it all.

“Yeah maybe we’ll join, but what’s on TV that night?”

“Depends on if there will be catering.”

“Only if the committee starts on May 39th.”

112 NJDhockeyfan  May 20, 2014 1:16:41pm

Being happy in Iran is forbidden…

113 Pie-onist Overlord  May 20, 2014 1:18:28pm

Why do the Koch’s want to eliminate the Import/Export Bank and why are they pretending the ordinary citizens should care? And who is the “Big Business” competition they want to eliminate.

114 Bulworth  May 20, 2014 1:18:54pm

The anti gay marriage peoples just keep getting brighter and more sensible all the time. ///

115 Randall Gross  May 20, 2014 1:19:45pm

Carolan’s Dream 17th century

Youtube Video

116 Fairly Sure I'm Still Obdicut  May 20, 2014 1:21:26pm

re: #113 Pie-onist Overlord

It helps small businesses that use US parts and labor and sell abroad.

117 Ian G.  May 20, 2014 1:22:01pm

re: #113 Pie-onist Overlord

businessweek.com

This could explain it. Too many upstart businesses that might succeed with help from the Import/Export bank. At least the Chamber of Commerce supports it.

118 Fairly Sure I'm Still Obdicut  May 20, 2014 1:24:44pm

re: #117 Ian G.

businessweek.com

Well, it is also corporate welfare for some big businesses that manage to technically be small businesses.

But it mostly does loans and securing insurance, not direct subsidies, I think.

119 Justanotherhuman  May 20, 2014 1:25:21pm

Michael Jace admits shooting wife (sources); actor had money troubles

latimes.com

“The Shield” actor Michael Jace — accused of shooting his wife to death Monday night during what police described as a possible domestic dispute — has been under financial stress for years, court records show.

“The actor, 51, filed for Chapter 13 bankruptcy in March 2011, when he listed his liabilities at more than $500,000 against assets of just $325,000, according to federal court records.

“At the time, he was also in debt to the government more than $22,000, more than $16,000 to credit card companies and still owed on two mortgages.” More

120 Kragar  May 20, 2014 1:29:09pm

This turd:

121 Backwoods_Sleuth  May 20, 2014 1:29:35pm

One of the most expensive high school football stadiums in America — a $60 million behemoth in Texas — will be closed this fall because the concrete is cracking, and a report commissioned by the school district says it may not have been designed to code.
The facility, Eagle Stadium at Allen High School, home of the state champions, opened to fanfare in 2012 but has been closed since February because of cracks in the concourse. The school already had to move graduation.

“not designed to code”? Texas has building codes?

122 Pie-onist Overlord  May 20, 2014 1:31:05pm

re: #120 Kragar

This turd:

Inheritance, spousal visitation, property rights, are not “government benefits”

123 lawhawk  May 20, 2014 1:34:11pm

re: #120 Kragar

Marriage conveys rights and obligations. It also allows people to get tax benefits (lower tax burdens by filing jointly), inheritance, health benefits, insurance benefits, and legal rights like say going into a hospital and getting HIPAA access to records and getting information from doctors on loved ones.

That’s just the tip of the iceberg.

But you knew all that - this guy just ignores what a civil marriage means to those who have one.

Thing is that gay marriage doesn’t affect anyone’s marriage one iota, but it means the world to those who could now get a SSM, just like hetero couples.

124 wrenchwench  May 20, 2014 1:35:06pm

re: #122 Pie-onist Overlord

Did you catch this?

Don’t miss my tiny commentary at the bottom.

125 Kragar  May 20, 2014 1:35:16pm
126 Pie-onist Overlord  May 20, 2014 1:36:42pm

re: #124 wrenchwench

Did you catch this?

Don’t miss my tiny commentary at the bottom.

I saw that.

127 Kragar  May 20, 2014 1:36:58pm
128 EPR-radar  May 20, 2014 1:37:14pm

re: #125 Kragar

The singularity of stupidity you are corresponding with is refreshingly honest. Anti-democracy is a core RW value these days.

129 Dr Lizardo  May 20, 2014 1:38:02pm

re: #125 Kragar

Yep, “Waiting For The Worms” is doubtlessly the wingnut theme song.

130 Pie-onist Overlord  May 20, 2014 1:38:19pm

re: #128 EPR-radar

HURR HURR WERE A REPUBLIC!!!!! DEMOCRACY IS TEH MOB RULES!!!!!

131 EPR-radar  May 20, 2014 1:39:25pm

re: #124 wrenchwench

Did you catch this?

Don’t miss my tiny commentary at the bottom.

“Eat less and exercise more” as the sole advice to people having excess weight issues is precisely as useful as “spend less and earn more” advice given as the only answer to personal finance issues.

132 Kragar  May 20, 2014 1:39:28pm
133 Backwoods_Sleuth  May 20, 2014 1:39:52pm
134 Rev_Arthur_Belling  May 20, 2014 1:40:57pm

re: #123 lawhawk

That’s just the tip of the iceberg.

There are plenty of straights who get married by a justice of the peace. Do their certificates not count? “anti democracy blog” - Not sure they understand what democracy means there, unless they’re pro-fascist or something.

135 HappyWarrior  May 20, 2014 1:41:37pm

It really is as simple as that. The laws that forbid same sex marriage are in the same bigoted spirit that forbade people of differing races from marrying.

136 EPR-radar  May 20, 2014 1:41:50pm

re: #129 Dr Lizardo

Yep, “Waiting For The Worms” is doubtlessly the wingnut theme song.

I’m bothered by the fact that there is a decent chance that will play at a GOP convention before I am safely dead.

137 Kragar  May 20, 2014 1:42:00pm

I decided to see about making someone’s day a little bit more special

138 HappyWarrior  May 20, 2014 1:42:35pm

re: #125 Kragar

I’ve seen that tactic before. Really lame sauce.

139 EPR-radar  May 20, 2014 1:43:48pm

re: #134 Rev_Arthur_Belling

There is much about the US right that really is pro-fascist.

140 Dr Lizardo  May 20, 2014 1:44:27pm

re: #136 EPR-radar

LOLOL

And they’ll all be singing along, thinking it’s a good thing!

*smh*

141 HappyWarrior  May 20, 2014 1:44:43pm

re: #139 EPR-radar

There is much about the US right that really is pro-fascist.

I used to think otherwise but the way they often call the poor, disabled, and hungry parasites is very fascist in nature.

142 Shazam  May 20, 2014 1:44:46pm

If wingnuts can’t love their guns without their right to bear them, they don’t really love them.

143 Bulworth  May 20, 2014 1:47:16pm

pro-gay crazies

Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

144 No Country For Old Haters  May 20, 2014 1:47:39pm

I saw santa this morning (plate kringle, sleigh bumper sticker), am wearing my Volcom puppet socks, and now this. Today has been awesome!

145 Backwoods_Sleuth  May 20, 2014 1:48:00pm

Pretty sums up the general feeling in Kentucky over the Republican primary Senate race choices.

146 Pie-onist Overlord  May 20, 2014 1:48:03pm

This is the worst meme I have seen today.
*RAGE FACE*

147 HappyWarrior  May 20, 2014 1:48:04pm

re: #143 Bulworth

pro-gay crazies

Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

Better a pro-gay crazy than an anti gay crazy who has the same views on gays that Putin, Iran’s mullahs, and the Taliban do.

148 Pie-onist Overlord  May 20, 2014 1:49:02pm

As if “stopping slavery” is something that “all white people” can take credit for. WTF.

149 Fairly Sure I'm Still Obdicut  May 20, 2014 1:51:27pm

re: #146 Pie-onist Overlord

North Africans, mostly selling them to the Ottomans, who are ‘white’ according to our dumbass ideas about race.

150 Kragar  May 20, 2014 1:51:58pm

re: #148 Pie-onist Overlord

151 HappyWarrior  May 20, 2014 1:52:04pm

re: #148 Pie-onist Overlord

And what’s that crap about your average school child believing only whites had slaves too. Really, conservatives whine about “white liberal guilt” but honestly I’ll take being honest about my race’s past deeds rather than white washing it (no pun intended) like conservatives do to make themselves feel better about evils.

152 Shiplord Kirel  May 20, 2014 1:52:50pm

“not designed to code”? Texas has building codes?

Gee, I didn’t even know Allen Texas had an NFL team…

WHAT? This is for their HIGH SCHOOL team?

No way.
It’s still 1965 and I’m dreaming weird shit about the twenty-first century again. Somebody wake me up when you see the school bus come into the trailer park.

153 Testy Toad T  May 20, 2014 1:53:29pm

re: #152 Shiplord Kirel

Sorry, we had to axe the school bus. Budget problems.

You’ll need to walk barefoot to the stadium if you want to catch a game.

154 Pie-onist Overlord  May 20, 2014 1:53:42pm

WTFITS, are they claiming that Obama personally went out and crippled 10 million people?

155 Feline Fearless Leader  May 20, 2014 1:54:18pm

re: #153 Testy Toad T

Sorry, we had to axe the school bus. Budget problems.

You’ll need to walk barefoot to the stadium if you want to catch a game.

And carry a bucket of caulk on your back so that we can use it to fix the cracks.

156 Fairly Sure I'm Still Obdicut  May 20, 2014 1:54:20pm

re: #153 Testy Toad T

Sorry, we had to axe the school bus. Budget problems.

You’ll need to walk barefoot to the stadium if you want to catch a game.

Imagine how many science scholarships that would pay for.

157 Backwoods_Sleuth  May 20, 2014 1:55:12pm

re: #155 Feline Fearless Leader

naw, just cover ‘em up with duct tape…

158 Aqua Obama  May 20, 2014 1:55:29pm

re: #154 Pie-onist Overlord

Pining for the Aktion T4, I guess

159 Bulworth  May 20, 2014 1:55:34pm

The RWNJ memes are all over the place today. It’s almost as if they’re completely unhinged and have no idea how to relate to the world. /

160 lawhawk  May 20, 2014 1:57:17pm

re: #154 Pie-onist Overlord

Saw that story earlier today, which doesn’t exactly mean anything without context, as in the percentage of the population (a larger population will have more people benefiting from various programs, but is it a greater percentage of the population than before).

10 million out of more than 300 million have disability.

Except is it 10 million? SSA has a lower number (through 2013), and the numbers don’t go back nearly as far. What gets constituted as a disability has also changed, along with the requirements shown.

161 Backwoods_Sleuth  May 20, 2014 1:58:29pm

awww…

162 Aqua Obama  May 20, 2014 1:58:56pm

Politische korrektheit muss sterben!!

163 Bulworth  May 20, 2014 2:00:17pm

10 millions disabled parasites soaking up are taxes dollars!!! Commence starting Operation American Spring Revolushion, episode Elventy!!!

164 Shiplord Kirel  May 20, 2014 2:00:44pm

re: #156 Fairly Sure I’m Still Obdicut

Imagine how many science scholarships that would pay for.

I’ve been thinking about that since I first saw this story. Needless to say, I didn’t pay my own way at Cornell and the GI Bill covered only a fraction of it.

165 wrenchwench  May 20, 2014 2:01:41pm

re: #131 EPR-radar

We had an unfortunate flounce a while back by someone who couldn’t get past applying the second law of thermodynamics to human metabolism, which is mentioned in that article.

166 Bulworth  May 20, 2014 2:02:29pm

I see. So the people clamoring for Operation American Spring to overthrow the twice, dually elected government are whining about mob rule democracy?

167 prairiefire  May 20, 2014 2:04:34pm

re: #165 wrenchwench

Of all things to become unhinged over. Strange.

168 wrenchwench  May 20, 2014 2:05:53pm
169 Backwoods_Sleuth  May 20, 2014 2:06:04pm

re: #166 Bulworth

170 EPR-radar  May 20, 2014 2:06:16pm

re: #159 Bulworth

Must be a day ending with ‘y’.

171 EPR-radar  May 20, 2014 2:08:25pm

re: #165 wrenchwench

Oh yes, I well remember that episode.

In a spirit of pedantry consistent with that episode, it was a First Law issue as opposed to a Second Law issue.

172 Ian G.  May 20, 2014 2:08:46pm

re: #146 Pie-onist Overlord

This is the worst meme I have seen today.
*RAGE FACE*

I don’t even know where to begin. First, a good high school AMERICAN history class will spend a lot more time on, you know, slavery in AMERICA than in, say, the freakin’ Ottoman Empire. Also, the American Civil War (which was about, you know, slavery in AMERICA) was a much bigger event than the Barbary Wars in this country’s history, so it should be covered more.

I don’t think there’s anyone with a modicum of a grasp of history who thinks slavery was a uniquely American phenomenon. Hell, slavery was still legal in Brazil when the Brooklyn Bridge opened!

Also, do wingnuts really want to talk about the Barbary Wars? Because that John Adams letter about the US being “in no way founded on the Christian religion” might make an appearance.

173 Dr. Matt  May 20, 2014 2:09:38pm

re: #154 Pie-onist Overlord

Could be the reason why #OAS2014 had such a dismal showing.

174 wrenchwench  May 20, 2014 2:10:16pm

re: #168 wrenchwench

Much like our own RWNJs.

175 Ian G.  May 20, 2014 2:11:00pm

re: #168 wrenchwench

Honestly, if a similar horrendous accident had occurred in West Virginia, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Rush Limbaugh claimed it was a false flag by lib’ruls to try to destroy coal as an energy source.

176 Charles Johnson  May 20, 2014 2:11:15pm
177 EPR-radar  May 20, 2014 2:11:22pm

re: #167 prairiefire

Of all things to become unhinged over. Strange.

My impression at the time was that it essentially came down to a former Lizard who wanted to pick a fight and chose this issue to do it over.

Apparently he had successfully dealt with an excess weight issue by simple diet and exercise changes, and arrogantly assumed his experience was universally applicable without significant modification to everyone else.

Things went downhill from there.

178 Dr Lizardo  May 20, 2014 2:11:57pm

re: #168 wrenchwench

Conspiracism is, regrettably, rampant in the Middle East - and it’s indulged in quite frequently by right-wing populists in the region.

179 wrenchwench  May 20, 2014 2:12:53pm

Or formal.

180 prairiefire  May 20, 2014 2:13:06pm

re: #177 EPR-radar

Arrogant is the word for it.

181 EPR-radar  May 20, 2014 2:13:36pm

re: #141 HappyWarrior

Indeed. When the “useless mouths” rhetoric comes out, there can be no doubt.

182 Backwoods_Sleuth  May 20, 2014 2:13:38pm

re: #165 wrenchwench

183 prairiefire  May 20, 2014 2:14:29pm

re: #179 wrenchwench

A new person to follow and never read! Loooove the Ravens at the Tower. They are well cared for.

184 prairiefire  May 20, 2014 2:16:07pm

re: #179 wrenchwench

MOG, gravemattersblog, so cool.

185 Gus  May 20, 2014 2:16:14pm
186 Kragar  May 20, 2014 2:17:18pm

Damn it guys. When are you going to get around to Russ or Kurze?

187 Gus  May 20, 2014 2:17:30pm

Former Breitbart Blogger Goes Birther, Tells Orly Taitz Breitbart Is Covering Up the Truth: two conspiracies for the price of one.

188 wrenchwench  May 20, 2014 2:17:33pm
189 dog philosopher  May 20, 2014 2:18:05pm

Strawberry Melon

…flavored drink with other natural flavors

280 calories

water, high fructose corn syrup, citric acid, phosphoric acid, potassium citrate, sodium hexametaphosphate, natural flavor, potassium benzoate, gum arabic, potassium sorbate, xanthan gum, glycerol ester of rosin, acesulfame potassium, calcium disodium edta, sucralose, red 40, blue 1

i thought glycerol ester of rosin was a character on game of thrones

190 EPR-radar  May 20, 2014 2:22:03pm

re: #189 dog philosopher

Strawberry Melon

…flavored drink with other natural flavors

280 calories

i thought glycerol ester of rosin was a character on game of thrones

Phosphoric acid has its entertainment value. Drink too much of that and your teeth will simply etch away. Citric acid can also etch teeth, but IIRC the exposure needs to be higher.

191 Gus  May 20, 2014 2:22:24pm

re: #188 wrenchwench

howtobeblack.me

192 Backwoods_Sleuth  May 20, 2014 2:22:28pm

re: #179 wrenchwench

What a great job to have!

Some factoids via wiki:

In 2011, there were 37 Yeomen Warders and one Chief Warder.[1] All warders are retired from the Armed Forces of Commonwealth realms and must be former senior non-commissioned officers with at least 22 years of service. They must also hold the Long Service and Good Conduct medal. Traditionally only NCOs from the Army, Royal Marines and Royal Air Force were eligible to apply. This was because members of the Royal Navy, instead of taking oaths to the Crown, take an oath to the Admiralty, whose Head is the Lord High Admiral. This reverted to the Queen Elizabeth II from 1964-2011, after which she transferred this appointment to her husband Prince Philip. This discrepancy was brought to an end with the swearing in of the first Naval Yeoman Warder in 2011.

The Yeomen Warders were formed in 1485 by the new king Henry VII, the first monarch of the Tudor dynasty, and the Tudor rose, a heraldic badge of the dynasty, is part of the badge of the Yeomen Warders to this day.”

On 1 July 2007 a service woman, Moira Cameron, became the first female Yeoman Warder in the history of the institution. Cameron joined the Army in 1985 at age 20. Aged 42 and Warrant Officer Class 2, she became eligible not long before her appointment. Previously, she served as Superintendent Clerk at a Brigade Headquarters with the Adjutant General’s Corps.

193 Killgore Trout  May 20, 2014 2:22:53pm

Nigeria update: Back-to-back bombings kill 118 in central Nigerian city Jos

Back-to-back bomb blasts killed at least 118 people and wounded 45 in the crowded business district of the central Nigerian city of Jos on Tuesday, emergency services said, in an attack that appeared to bear the hallmarks of Boko Haram insurgents.

194 Gus  May 20, 2014 2:24:39pm
195 wrenchwench  May 20, 2014 2:26:10pm

re: #191 Gus

howtobeblack.me

lol

196 Backwoods_Sleuth  May 20, 2014 2:26:37pm

What a great job to have!

Some factoids via wiki:

One bit related to Moira Cameron, the first female Yeoman Warder:

In 2009 two male Beefeaters were dismissed for the bullying of Cameron. Three Warders were suspended, and one was subsequently re-instated following the month long investigation, with his role ‘unproven’.[9]

197 EPR-radar  May 20, 2014 2:27:32pm

re: #194 Gus

What a coincidence. Some time ago, I decided that movement conservatives are anti-American in every possible sense of the word. Their ideology is a rejection of what America presently is in favor of reversion to a mythical past that never was.

198 Kragar  May 20, 2014 2:28:08pm
199 Justanotherhuman  May 20, 2014 2:29:56pm

re: #185 Gus

Just moar incest.

200 EPR-radar  May 20, 2014 2:31:18pm

re: #198 Kragar

As a comic book fan, I object. US right wing nut job ideology does not meet prevailing comic book standards for coherence or consistency of villain ideology.

201 Backwoods_Sleuth  May 20, 2014 2:32:00pm

bwahahahaaa. The entire conversation is hilarious.

202 Jay in Oregon  May 20, 2014 2:32:40pm

re: #65 Skip Intro

Why Did FEMA Stop The American Spring Protests?

Not a joke site.

tellmenow.com

Youtube Video

203 wrenchwench  May 20, 2014 2:32:44pm
204 HappyWarrior  May 20, 2014 2:33:37pm

re: #194 Gus

Stick to telling people what letters there are, Sajak and away from questioning people’s patriotism. Can’t believe I missed the part where he calls climate change believers racist. Really dude stick to Wheel of Fortune. You’re about as astute a political observer as Limbaugh and Beck are, and that’s not a compliment.

205 HappyWarrior  May 20, 2014 2:34:22pm

re: #203 wrenchwench

Omnomnomvore is probably the funnest of the four to hang with.

206 dog philosopher  May 20, 2014 2:34:28pm

re: #200 EPR-radar

“no mr obama i expect you to die!”

207 klys  May 20, 2014 2:34:54pm

re: #205 HappyWarrior

Omnomnomvore is probably the funnest of the four to hang with.

A friend has taught her 2 year old to say “nom nom nom” when enjoying tasty food.

I think this is the best thing ever.

208 HappyWarrior  May 20, 2014 2:36:47pm

re: #207 klys

I think this is the best thing ever.

That’s awesome.

209 Fairly Sure I'm Still Obdicut  May 20, 2014 2:38:46pm

re: #208 HappyWarrior

That’s awesome.

A friend of mine’s kid yells “I will destroy you!” before eating her vegetables.

Image: Morbo.png

210 Backwoods_Sleuth  May 20, 2014 2:39:27pm

I don’t know how to do that twitter thing to show an entire conversation, so I just took some screenshots.

211 HappyWarrior  May 20, 2014 2:40:26pm

re: #209 Fairly Sure I’m Still Obdicut

Image: Morbo.png

That’s great too. Can’t wait for my little niece to start developing her own little sayings.

212 prairiefire  May 20, 2014 2:42:17pm

A favorite memory is when my young nephew tried to put a chocolate crepe lengthwise into his mouth. At a nice restaurant in NYC. The waiter snapped out a white cloth napkin and handed it to him to get the chocolate gash off of his face.

213 Kragar  May 20, 2014 2:43:27pm

re: #209 Fairly Sure I’m Still Obdicut

Image: Morbo.png

My youngest’s current catchphrase is “I REGRET NOTHING! HUZZAH!”

214 HappyWarrior  May 20, 2014 2:45:26pm

My phrase as a toddler was to-to. It’s how I said thank you and for some reason I called my maternal grandmother “Baba” despite not being told to and not being aware of the term’s Eastern European connection and my own grandmother’s connection to the region.

215 Backwoods_Sleuth  May 20, 2014 2:48:51pm
216 William Barnett-Lewis  May 20, 2014 2:50:44pm

Well that was in interesting day making sandwiches ;) OTOH I really have had far worse jobs (12 hour shifts in front of a hot injection molding machine making laundry soap bottles. I did not last long there…). Tomorrow will be better. Plus I’ll get holiday pay for next Monday (+ .75 @ hour).

Did I miss anything interesting today?

217 Mattand  May 20, 2014 2:53:20pm

re: #209 Fairly Sure I’m Still Obdicut

Image: Morbo.png

“So, how are the kids, Morbo?”

“Belligerent and numerous.”

218 Backwoods_Sleuth  May 20, 2014 2:53:29pm

re: #216 William Barnett-Lewis

Did I miss anything interesting today?

29.99 million OAS patriots are still missing.

219 Justanotherhuman  May 20, 2014 2:54:29pm

My g-grandson’s favorite word these days is “punk” in every context, such as telling me, “I love you, you punk.”

He even told the pharmacy employees the other day, “Bye, you punks.” Everyone cracked up.

220 William Barnett-Lewis  May 20, 2014 2:55:09pm

29.99 million OAS patriots are still missing.

Did they check under the rocks?

221 Testy Toad T  May 20, 2014 2:55:27pm

29.99 million OAS patriots are still missing.

Give or take a few more nines.

222 Backwoods_Sleuth  May 20, 2014 2:55:58pm

re: #221 Testy Toad T

Give or take a few more nines.

yeah. I was feeling generous.

223 Kragar  May 20, 2014 2:56:47pm

I’m not a conservative but…

224 Mattand  May 20, 2014 2:57:00pm

re: #219 Justanotherhuman

Youtube Video

225 Decatur Deb  May 20, 2014 2:59:06pm

re: #207 klys

I think this is the best thing ever.

re: #213 Kragar

My youngest’s current catchphrase is “I REGRET NOTHING! HUZZAH!”

re: #209 Fairly Sure I’m Still Obdicut

Image: Morbo.png

Future members of Stuck-in-Meme Anonymous.

226 Floral Giraffe  May 20, 2014 3:00:11pm
Orly Taitz

Is just a “gift that keeps on giving!

227 Mattand  May 20, 2014 3:00:12pm

re: #225 Decatur Deb

Future members of Stuck-in-Meme Anonymous.

All the meetings start with “OH HAI!”, and everyone goes “om nom nom” when they eat the donuts.

228 Mattand  May 20, 2014 3:01:00pm

re: #226 Floral Giraffe

Is just a “gift that keeps on giving!

Just like herpes.

229 Decatur Deb  May 20, 2014 3:02:37pm

re: #226 Floral Giraffe

Is just a “gift that keeps on giving!

We have to wind her up and put her on Ted Cruz’ campaign bus.

230 Dr Lizardo  May 20, 2014 3:05:07pm

re: #217 Mattand

“So, how are the kids, Morbo?”

“Belligerent and numerous.”

“My, what a cute little kitten.”

“Kittens give Morbo gas.”

231 Stanley Sea  May 20, 2014 3:06:50pm

re: #212 prairiefire

Hey, how’s it going girlie?

232 allegro  May 20, 2014 3:08:17pm

Speaking of food…. I think I recreated the miracle of five loaves and a fish.

Had a fajita party last Friday evening cuz it was a gorgeous weekend and why not. Fed to the max 9 guests. 2 came back Saturday for leftovers and a Star Trek double feature (the prequel and the prequel sequel). 2 of us nommed out again on leftovers Sunday. I’m still working on the leftovers with no end in sight. My fridge is still packed.

233 prairiefire  May 20, 2014 3:08:59pm

re: #231 Stanley Sea

Hey, girdie! My mom has a mass in her mid-section type area and will have to have her reproductive plumbing removed soon. I hope to see blood work soon that would indicate it is not malignant. Life’s roaring along like a monster!

234 EPR-radar  May 20, 2014 3:09:44pm

re: #219 Justanotherhuman

I still remember my sister referring to dad as “a dildo” when we were young, clearly not knowing what the word meant.

Dad also didn’t know, or had a formidable poker face.

235 Pie-onist Overlord  May 20, 2014 3:10:00pm

re: #223 Kragar

I’m not a conservative but…

236 wrenchwench  May 20, 2014 3:11:18pm

re: #233 prairiefire

{prairiefire}

237 Stanley Sea  May 20, 2014 3:13:39pm

re: #233 prairiefire

:( Hope all works out. Your Mom, if I recall is a pistol. So there’s that!!

238 Charles Johnson  May 20, 2014 3:13:41pm
239 Gus  May 20, 2014 3:14:15pm
240 prairiefire  May 20, 2014 3:14:31pm

I am still pissed about the Republican override of Gov. Nixon’s veto of the Grover Norquist Rich People Tax Cuts.
Now every thing’s going to be proposed as regressive taxes.

241 Fairly Sure I'm Still Obdicut  May 20, 2014 3:14:46pm

re: #233 prairiefire

The odds are in her favor.

I had a science teacher who enthused over her hysterectomy. She told us in detail of the travails of her menstruation before she had it. We were in fifth grade, and it threw us into a sort of awe-inspired shock that meant she kept perfect classroom control.

242 Charles Johnson  May 20, 2014 3:15:31pm

From the Met: Albrecht Durer’s Whore of Babylon:

I had to reduce the image a lot - the scan is in super high resolution. Awesome detail.

243 prairiefire  May 20, 2014 3:15:44pm

re: #237 Stanley Sea

:( Hope all works out. Your Mom, if I recall is a pistol. So there’s that!!

Thanks! She’s working hard to get the ERA passed.

244 Pie-onist Overlord  May 20, 2014 3:16:41pm
245 Kragar  May 20, 2014 3:19:05pm

re: #244 Pie-onist Overlord

And now, we move into the full blown mockery

246 Dr Lizardo  May 20, 2014 3:20:11pm

re: #245 Kragar

My 8 years of service in the USMC have prepared me for a mix up, and they happen to be your wife’s panties TYVM

*drops mic*

247 TedStriker  May 20, 2014 3:20:14pm

re: #20 jamesfirecat

Our Charles may have to go back to using his “Icarus” stage name…

///

248 dog philosopher  May 20, 2014 3:20:24pm

From the Met: Albrecht Durer’s Whore of Babylon:

[Embedded image]

i like his brother bill durer’s ‘sheik of araby’…

249 Khal Wimpo  May 20, 2014 3:20:30pm

From the Met: Albrecht Durer’s Whore of Babylon:

[Embedded image]

To be fair, the Whore of Babylon is not so much swilling from the cup of foulness and abomination as politely offering it to the seven-headed beast from the depths, which seems to be enduring a bout of indigestion.

Also: whenever I get into an argument with a doctrinaire fundie, I am convinced that this is pretty much the image of me that they have in their heads.

Only drawn in crayon.

On the back of wallpaper. Poorly.

250 prairiefire  May 20, 2014 3:21:06pm

My mom makes fun of the condescending pouts the young Republican lawmakers give her. It’s hilarious. Between ERA and Medicaid Expansion, I think she’s been to Jeff City 3 times in 18 months.

251 Pie-onist Overlord  May 20, 2014 3:21:36pm

Fun’s over, whiny little asshat is blocked.

252 jonhendry  May 20, 2014 3:26:48pm

re: #134 Rev_Arthur_Belling

“Not sure they understand what democracy means there, unless they’re pro-fascist or something.”

That person is probably one of those “dark enlightenment” wankers who wants a return to absolute monarchy.

253 Killgore Trout  May 20, 2014 3:26:59pm

re: #239 Gus

OMG SOROS!

254 Kragar  May 20, 2014 3:33:11pm

re: #251 Pie-onist Overlord

Fun’s over, whiny little asshat is blocked.

I was going to block him, then he pulled his “I don’t think you were ever a Marine” shit and I had to go back in.

255 Justanotherhuman  May 20, 2014 3:37:17pm

Want to indulge in some twisted logic re the “martyrs” of what they continue to call whistle blowing? Or not. Don’t these people know what the consequences of their actions mean? Retweeted by GG, so yeah, she appears to be on the same team which isn’t surprising since she bats for anyone who’ll pay her, too.

256 BongCrodny  May 20, 2014 3:38:11pm

re: #254 Kragar

“just when I thought I was out…”

257 Floral Giraffe  May 20, 2014 3:40:31pm

re: #233 prairiefire

Blessings & good wishes to you both!
(((PF)))

258 TedStriker  May 20, 2014 3:41:36pm

re: #61 Kragar

— Pat Sajak (@patsajak) May 20, 2014

WTF is it with game show hosts and idiocy and/or insanity?

Sajak’s turned out to be a climate change denialist whackaloon, Chuck Woolery (of Love Connection fame) is a born-again RWNJ, and the granddaddy of them all, Chuck Barris, insists he worked for the CIA as an assassin during his TV heyday in the 60s and 70s.

259 Kragar  May 20, 2014 3:41:43pm

re: #256 BongCrodny

“just when I thought I was out…”

The only people who ever pull that shit are conservatives who can’t understand why I’m not a gun-humping lunatic.

260 ObserverArt  May 20, 2014 3:42:47pm

Here’s something incredibly great: The Metropolitan Museum of Art Releases 400,000 Images Into the Public Domain.

Oooooooooo! Nice to know.

261 jonhendry  May 20, 2014 3:49:08pm

re: #223 Kragar

Just like Marvel’s Civil War storyline!

262 BongCrodny  May 20, 2014 3:50:47pm

re: #258 TedStriker

WTF is it with game show hosts and idiocy and/or insanity?

Do you count Drew Carey in there? I hear he’s pretty right-wing, although I don’t exactly know how “out there” he is.

263 TedStriker  May 20, 2014 3:54:33pm

re: #262 BongCrodny

Quoth the Wiki:

Political views[edit]
Carey is an outspoken libertarian.[47][48][49][50] He has expressed his political philosophy in the following terms, “I believe the answers to all the problems we face as a society won’t come from Washington, it will come from us. So the way we decide to live our lives and our decisions about what we buy or don’t buy are much more important than who we vote for.”[51]

Carey expressed his distaste for the Bush administration’s management of the Iraq War, specifically on the September 15, 2007, episode of Real Time with Bill Maher. He made donations to Ron Paul’s presidential campaign for the 2008 election.[52] On the September 26, 2008, episode of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, Carey defined “libertarian” to host Craig Ferguson as “a conservative who still gets high.”[53]

Carey has spoken about his various political beliefs in several interviews, and in 1998 he led a “smoke-in” in defiance of California’s newly passed no-smoking ordinance inside bars and restaurants.[54] Carey has hosted a series of mini-documentaries called The Drew Carey Project on reason.tv, an online project of Reason Foundation, a libertarian think tank.[55] The first episode, “Gridlock”, addresses private highway ownership and was released on October 15, 2007. Other episodes discuss topics such as eminent domain, urban traffic congestion, and medical marijuana. Carey also sits on the board of trustees of the Reason Foundation, a libertarian-oriented nonprofit organization.[56]

Yeah, he’s out there on Mars, but he at least isn’t throwing his political brain droppings out on Twitter like Sajak and Woolery have, AFAIK.

264 Justanotherhuman  May 20, 2014 3:58:28pm

re: #263 TedStriker

Quoth the Wiki:

Give him time.

265 nsmith25  May 21, 2014 7:42:06am

Just realized…

This is the same Judge that ruled against the teaching of Intelligent Design in Public School Classrooms in Dover PA

Link

What Are We to Do With All This Grief?Words are my tools. I grasp the universe in sentences and paragraphs, like laying bricks. A writer’s brain—or, at least, this writer’s brain—is a warehouse of language, the sounds and shapes of words piled high, shifting and moving and filling ...
plansbandc
1 hour, 29 minutes ago
Tweets: 0 •
#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 201011The weather held out just long enough that we could start painting the deck. It is tedious work and still quite tiring in the heat.Just one line in the notes says 'paint deck' but it's gonna translate into many, many ...
dangerman
Tweets: 0 •
For What It’s Worth - Buffalo Springfield (Cover by Del McCoury Band and Friends) Now Available Digitally:rainmaker.lnk.to See the new release from this jam session of "One Kind Favor" (See That My Grave Is Kept Clean) - Blind Lemon Jeffeson.YouTube A few months ago, a bunch of friends got together to play music ...
Tweets: 1 •
Trevor Noah: A Primer on 21st Century “Militias” [VIDEO] A toxic mix of racism and paranoid conspiracy fantasies has propagated the worst among us to arm themselves to the teeth in anticipation for the slaughter of their fellow citizens. Militias have been a part of America since it ...
teleskiguy
Tweets: 2 •
(49) Mandolin Orange - Unknown Legend (Neil Young Cover)Echo Mountain stream. July 24th, 2020.
1 week ago
Tweets: 3 •
The Expanse - Season 5 Official Trailer The future of The Belt has begun as Marco Inaros wages Armageddon against the Inners for a lifetime of oppression and injustice. » Watch the new season of The Expanse now exclusively with your Prime Membership: bit.ly» SUBSCRIBE: bit.ly ...
1 week ago
Tweets: 4 •
Cellist Plays to Mourn Cathedral Shelled in Armenia-Azerbaijan Conflict A historic cathedral has been shelled amid the Armenian-Azerbaijan conflict in the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh, or Artsakh, region, where hundreds have been killed and tens of thousands displaced after two weeks of new fighting. On the evening of Thursday 8 ...
garzooma
1 week ago
Tweets: 1 •
Future Islands - Born in a War (Official Video) 'Born In A War' by Future Islands Wayne White - Director and Production DesignerWoodrow White - Editor, Co-Director, Co-Production Designer Future Islands’ new album 'As Long As You Are', out now on 4AD. Listen, stream and buy album here: ...
1 week ago
Tweets: 1 •
St. Vincent - New York Ft. Yoshiki (Audio)FOLLOW ST. VINCENTilovestvincent.comFacebook: found.eeTwitter: found.eeInstagram: found.ee FOLLOW YOSHIKIyoshiki.netfacebook.com@yoshikiofficialinstagram.com #StVincent #Yoshiki
Views: 1,167 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Tweets: 4 •
#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 201004Saturday was filled with intermittent rain so no deck painting. A year ago(!) we had the two fellas dump the first 10 yards of sand into the pool.The front loader damaged a bunch of deck tiles. We anticipated it and ...
dangerman