Hilarious! Kids React to Old Computers

“Where’s the mouse?”
Humor • Views: 26,581

YouTube

Let’s start the day with some good clean fun, as kids try to figure out what the heck these giant boxes are and why anyone would want to use one of them.

Watch the kids try and figure out how to use a 1970’s era computer in another special Old Technology episode!

Created and Directed by Benny & Rafi Fine (The Fine Brothers)
MAIN CHANNEL: youtube.com
SECOND CHANNEL: youtube.com
FACEBOOK: facebook.com
TWITTER: twitter.com
INSTAGRAM: instagram.com
GOOGLE+: google.com
VINE: vine.co
IPHONE APP: itunes.apple.com
WEEKLY PODCAST: tinyurl.com
SEND US STUFF:
TheFineBros
P.O. BOX 4324
Valley Village, CA 91617-4324

This episode featured the following amazing kids!
NOTE: Kids that are technically ‘teens’ will remain on ‘Kids React’ until they enter high school.
Lucas, age 6

youtube.com

Additional music:
incompetech.com

KIDS REACT #104 - Old Computers
Kids React To Old Computers

(c) 2014 Fine Brothers Properties
This format and title of this program is protected under Copyright and Trademark Law and may not be emulated or re-created in any way without express consent in any territory worldwide.

1 Pie-onist Overlord  May 27, 2014 11:01:29am

Now I am officially Older Than Dirt.

My kids grew up around those old computers.

2 Pie-onist Overlord  May 27, 2014 11:02:50am

My kids played an amber screen monochrome version of Pac Man that loaded from a cassette tape.

3 Targetpractice  May 27, 2014 11:03:02am

Ah, guess it’s time to reminisce at the LGF Home For Aging Geeks & Nerds.

4 b_sharp  May 27, 2014 11:03:06am

re: #1 Pie-onist Overlord

Now I am officially Older Than Dirt.

My kids grew up around those old computers.

Me too.

5 Backwoods_Sleuth  May 27, 2014 11:04:33am

Another feel good story, especially when we begin to despair about asshats on twitter.

6 Backwoods_Sleuth  May 27, 2014 11:07:19am

re: #2 Pie-onist Overlord

I remember being excited about getting an amber monitor to replace my green one!

7 Charles Johnson  May 27, 2014 11:07:36am
8 lawhawk  May 27, 2014 11:08:31am

Get off my damned desktop (furniture)! /

9 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  May 27, 2014 11:12:55am

“If you don’t have a desk, where do you put this?”

LMFAO

10 Targetpractice  May 27, 2014 11:14:38am

Still marvel at how fast computers changed in just the last two decades. Wasn’t more than 10 years ago that I got the list of items I needed for a computer class at a local community college and say “3 3.5” floppy disks.” Back when thumb drives were still locked in glass cases and DVD-RWs were priced like fine china.

11 Pie-onist Overlord  May 27, 2014 11:16:18am

re: #10 Targetpractice

You had 3.5” diskettes?

We had punch cards. FREAKING PUNCH CARDS!!!!

12 Targetpractice  May 27, 2014 11:16:47am

re: #11 Pie-onist Overlord

You had 3.5” diskettes?

We had punch cards. FREAKING PUNCH CARDS!!!!

So what was it like when dinosaurs roamed the Earth?

13 klys  May 27, 2014 11:17:37am

One very pretty tornado, with very NSFW language, and two very lucky guys.

Youtube Video

From ND yesterday.

14 HappyWarrior  May 27, 2014 11:19:19am

re: #10 Targetpractice

You ain’t kidding. I remember having to use floppies and CD-roms to transfer my data.

15 klys  May 27, 2014 11:19:22am

re: #13 klys

This was edited to include the right link, reload if needed.

16 Randall Gross  May 27, 2014 11:20:50am

My first computer was an Atari ST

17 Shiplord Kirel  May 27, 2014 11:21:21am

If that were a QWERTY keyboard, the critters could make extra money writing for Rush Limbaugh.

18 b_sharp  May 27, 2014 11:21:46am

re: #16 Randall Gross

My first computer was an Atari ST

Still have one.

My 1st was an 800XL

19 jaunte  May 27, 2014 11:25:20am

SET [flintaxe=[reminisce]]

20 Kragar  May 27, 2014 11:27:28am

re: #16 Randall Gross

My first computer was an Atari ST

Timex Sinclair, which had adapter cable so you could plug it into the TV and a tape deck, with the 16k external RAM module

21 b_sharp  May 27, 2014 11:27:32am
22 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  May 27, 2014 11:29:13am

re: #21 b_sharp

If my son was killed by blacks & I held a press conference ranting about how dangerous the black race is, what would u say?

that you were a racist asshole, of course…

23 Shiplord Kirel  May 27, 2014 11:29:14am

Old computers: I’m glad I’m not the only one who couldn’t figure out how to make those damned things work.

24 Targetpractice  May 27, 2014 11:29:27am

I came in just at the tail-end of the IBM PC era of the 80s, when every PC-clone you cared to name was on the market. Back when companies like Dell and HP were starting to market their wares direct to customers and parts manufacturers had started to dabble in selling to folks who wanted to build their own computer instead of buying one pre-made. Back when upgrading a computer meant taking it to a shop and paying them to spend hours plugging everything in, tweaking the settings, and making sure it didn’t melt down the first time the power was turned on. Back when CDs were still on the horizon, but the old 5.25” floppies were disappearing.

Good times.

25 Bulworth  May 27, 2014 11:30:01am

Todd Kincannon — the next GOPteabag VP candidate.

26 Kragar  May 27, 2014 11:30:16am

re: #21 b_sharp

So Todd thinks guns are people?

No wonder he thinks all white people should own one.

27 Shiplord Kirel  May 27, 2014 11:30:47am

re: #25 Bulworth

Todd Kincannon — the next GOPteabag VP candidate.

We can hope.

28 Targetpractice  May 27, 2014 11:30:55am

re: #21 b_sharp

Whyever did this well-spoken, compassionate individual get run out of office?

29 b_sharp  May 27, 2014 11:31:20am

re: #26 Kragar

So Todd thinks guns are people?

No wonder he thinks all white people should own one.

That’s accurate.
Tweet it to him/it.

30 Backwoods_Sleuth  May 27, 2014 11:32:41am

FYI

31 Pie-onist Overlord  May 27, 2014 11:33:33am

re: #21 b_sharp

Todd Kincannon is a troll, looking for attention and retweets. Maybe he believe the shit he spews but that’s not the point, the point is getting OMG LOOK AT THIS HORRIBLE SHITBAG kind of attention.

32 HappyWarrior  May 27, 2014 11:33:56am

re: #21 b_sharp

Stay classy dipshit, calling a grieving father an asshole.

33 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  May 27, 2014 11:33:57am

I was taking my 2-year-old daughter out in a stroller around 2000, found a shop selling some remaindered 5.25” discs. Told her to have a good look at them and tell her grandkids about it some day.

Just like I remember seeing Ford Edsels driving about our neighborhood in the early 60’s…

34 Rightwingconspirator  May 27, 2014 11:34:46am

Finished a little something posted earlier.

Lizzie the LGF Mascot
Meet Lizzie, the unofficial LGF Mascot

35 Kragar  May 27, 2014 11:34:57am

re: #29 b_sharp

That’s accurate.
Tweet it to him/it.

Nope, I don’t feed into his shit.

36 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  May 27, 2014 11:35:28am

re: #25 Bulworth

Todd Kincannon — the next GOPteabag VP candidate.

yes, they are the people who will nominate a candidate just to annoy a liberal…after all, it worked with Ronald Reagan…

37 Pie-onist Overlord  May 27, 2014 11:35:40am

@Gun_Shots added you to their list GunRights

Don’t put me on your list of gun fuckers.

38 Kragar  May 27, 2014 11:36:16am
39 HappyWarrior  May 27, 2014 11:36:19am

Short Todd Kilkannon ) Guns = people.

40 Targetpractice  May 27, 2014 11:36:44am

re: #33 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)

That’s nothing, saw a Model T a few years back that somebody was using as his daily driver. All cleaned up, beautifully painted (black, naturally), and all the parts gleaming in the sun. Shame my old cellphone camera didn’t have very good resolution, because the picture I took doesn’t do the car justice.

41 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  May 27, 2014 11:37:49am

re: #40 Targetpractice

That was a restored oldie, I saw someone driving his new Edsel about as if he were a proud owner of something special…

42 Targetpractice  May 27, 2014 11:39:41am

re: #41 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)

Well, it surely was “special,” just not in the fashion folks thought back then. The ultimate result of the inbreeding that was “badge engineering.”

43 RealityBasedSteve  May 27, 2014 11:39:53am

re: #20 Kragar

That’s what I had, in fact I still have it, my Dad found it up in the attic a few years ago, still in the box with the documentation and a couple of books on programming for it. Thought it was my retirement plan, till I checked ebay and found they were selling all day long for about 50 bucks.

RBS

44 danarchy  May 27, 2014 11:40:15am

My first computer was a TI-99/4. I was pretty young at the time so aside from typing in a few of the BASIC programs it came with as examples and playing some of the cartridge games that we had I didn’t do much with it. My first real computer was a Leading Edge(IBM clone) 386 with 4 MB of memory.

45 GeneJockey  May 27, 2014 11:40:55am

re: #34 Rightwingconspirator

Finished a little something posted earlier.

Lizzie the LGF Mascot
Meet Lizzie, the unofficial LGF Mascot

Excellent

46 Gus  May 27, 2014 11:41:23am

re: #21 b_sharp

47 sagehen  May 27, 2014 11:43:44am

re: #11 Pie-onist Overlord

You had 3.5” diskettes?

We had punch cards. FREAKING PUNCH CARDS!!!!

OMG. Memory lane.

When I took my Fortran/Cobol class at the community college…

You had to make APPOINTMENTS!! to take your stack of punch cards to THE computer for them to run your program (you weren’t allowed to do it yourself). And of course, somewhere in that stack of 400 cards was an error. One error. The entire progrtam was a miss, you had to sit down and go through the cards to find it.

Except that you’d chosen the wrong place to sit while doing so and somebody would bump into you and send the entire stack flying.

My then boyfriend, the econ major, told me war stories of other econ majors lying in wait to sabotage each other’s econometrics projects by either stealing their stack of cards or if they were subtle just changing the order of a few of them out of someone’s stack. And when asking the prof for an extension due to such sabotage, being told “business is like that. You should have stood guard to protect your work. No extension, and you’ll be marked down a full grade for every day it’s late.”

48 Archangelus  May 27, 2014 11:44:09am

re: #21 b_sharp

Didn’t realize gun owners were a race… although Kincannon certainly doesn’t qualify as belonging to homo sapiens as far as I can tell…

49 Targetpractice  May 27, 2014 11:44:26am

re: #46 Gus

Black folks are not property and cannot be regulated as such?

50 HappyWarrior  May 27, 2014 11:44:39am

re: #46 Gus

Except he didn’t blame all gun owners fuckwad, he blamed the NRA which constantly shuts down any debate on sensible gun policy. So you can kindly fuck off and leave the poor guy alone and just thank god that you’ve never lost a child to senseless gun violence ever.

51 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  May 27, 2014 11:45:01am

re: #48 Archangelus

was the victim’s father blaming all gun owners or simply the NRA for blocking reasonable legislation?

52 b_sharp  May 27, 2014 11:45:21am

re: #46 Gus

He really doesn’t get it.

53 Pie-onist Overlord  May 27, 2014 11:45:49am

MOAR SICK SHIT

54 Pie-onist Overlord  May 27, 2014 11:46:32am

And yet pro-lifers allowed this:

55 Targetpractice  May 27, 2014 11:46:36am

re: #52 b_sharp

He really doesn’t get it.

Not so much that he doesn’t get it so much as he’s willfully ignorant. Easier to keep mindlessly chanting a mantra if you ignore anything that questions the mantra.

56 Kragar  May 27, 2014 11:46:47am

re: #53 Pie-onist Overlord

MOAR SICK SHIT

Someone has some serious mental health issues

57 GeneJockey  May 27, 2014 11:47:16am

re: #53 Pie-onist Overlord

MOAR SICK SHIT

WTF?

58 b_sharp  May 27, 2014 11:47:30am

re: #51 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)

The NRA.

Numbnuts just don’t get the ‘overly subtle’ difference.

59 jaunte  May 27, 2014 11:48:54am

Todd’s business plan doesn’t include accuracy.

60 Archangelus  May 27, 2014 11:50:56am

Todd’s business plan doesn’t include accuracy.

I suspect it also excludes respect for the dead, common decency, and any and all traces of sanity among other things…

61 HappyWarrior  May 27, 2014 11:51:43am

You know damn well that if Todd lost a child to gun violence, he’d be the first to blame lax gun laws.

62 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  May 27, 2014 11:52:14am

re: #54 Pie-onist Overlord

And yet pro-lifers allowed this:

Imprisoned woman gives birth in cell, baby dies. Those horrible Sudanese! Oh no wait it’s Texas

Pro lifers?
The baby was out of the womb and belonged to an unemployed moocher on society, at which point all caring and compassion stops.

63 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  May 27, 2014 11:52:54am

re: #61 HappyWarrior

I hope that his friends would take him to task for letting his son die “like a cowering bitch”…

64 HappyWarrior  May 27, 2014 11:54:48am

re: #63 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)

Seriously, who the fuck does this guy think he is. Mocking first victims of mass murder and now attacking the father of one of the victims because he’s understandably angry that a psycho like Elliott Rodger was able to purchase a gun legally. Todd’s a pathetic man. No one father should have to go what the man is going through right now and that fucker because he cares more about guns than people attacked him.

65 HappyWarrior  May 27, 2014 11:57:18am

buzzfeed.com
Behold Birtherism 10.0 in which Obama pretended to be form Kenya to get into college. But don’t call the right bigoted jackasses because they are much more than that, they are bigoted jackasses with road kill for hair.

66 Jayleia  May 27, 2014 11:57:21am

re: #63 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)

Never mind that the first thing you do in an event like that is TAKE COVER…then, if you are armed and assess the situation, you may try to return fire.

YOU DON’T STAND OUT THERE WITH YOUR DICK IN THE WIND SHOOTING IN SOME DIRECTION THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE TOWARD THE SHOOTER.

67 b_sharp  May 27, 2014 11:59:18am

Well, the long drive home beckons.

68 Backwoods_Sleuth  May 27, 2014 12:06:12pm

re: #61 HappyWarrior

No, he would blame Obama, n*clangs and illegals

69 Pie-onist Overlord  May 27, 2014 1:50:40pm

I couldn’t watch this video at work because I have video playing turned off.

I just watched it now. {{sob}} My kids played on one of these. It was our second home computer (the first was a Radio Shack TRS-80).

It’s something my kids would show to my grandkids.

70 Ding-an-sich Wannabe  May 27, 2014 3:05:47pm

awww

71 klys  May 27, 2014 3:57:52pm

re: #69 Pie-onist Overlord

I couldn’t watch this video at work because I have video playing turned off.

It’s something my kids would show to my grandkids.

It’s ok, we still love you.

And your pie.

Where’s my pie?

72 sffilk  May 28, 2014 9:37:14am

re: #11 Pie-onist Overlord

You had 3.5” diskettes?

We had punch cards. FREAKING PUNCH CARDS!!!!

PAPER TAPE!!!

The New US Sanctions: Moving From Sanctions to Economic War As usual Trumps words don't match reality. The latest sanctions may be described as economic warfare. What’s in the New Executive Order When reading President Trump’s comments on the new Executive Order (EO) imposing new sanctions on North Korea, ...
Unshaken Defiance
3 hours ago
Lebron James Calls President Donald J. Trump “A Bum”LeBron calls Trump a 'bum,' other NBA players react after Warriors' rescinded inviteBy Chris Barnewall LeBron James has never been afraid to show criticism toward President Donald Trump. Now that Trump has rescinded his invitation to the White House following ...
team_fukit
New Atheist Lord Mayor of Belfast Takes Heat for Not Offering Prayer at Installation Ceremony The city of Belfast, Northern Ireland elected a new Lord Mayor, Nuala McAllister. She is a young mother (age twenty-eight and served on the city council for three years), and ran on a campaign of honesty. She has a ...
Anymouse 🌹
Iran Tests Missile Despite Trump Pressure Iran says it has successfully tested a new-medium range missile, in defiance of US President Donald Trump. The launch of the Khoramshahr missile, which has a range of 2,000 km (1,242 miles), was shown on state TV. It is ...
Russia Turns on Morgan Freeman Over Election ‘War’ Video Want to weed some alt right Putin pawns from your twitter fee? Just look for the ones attacking Morgan Freeman with Russia Today meme and themes this week. Russia has aimed its entire media arsenal at the veteran Hollywood ...
Scientists Closing in on the Dawn of Plate Tectonics But over time the world gradually became less bleak. Today Earth also harbors light-colored rocks, like the granite that composes Half Dome in Yosemite National Park. But scientists remain uncertain as to when the world started to transition from ...
Expert’s Advice: Don’t Engage With the Alt-Right on Campus The event, organized by the campus’s Division of Equity and Inclusion, comes ahead of a series of student-sponsored events next Sunday through Wednesday that are expected to bring right-wing speakers to campus for noon and evening rallies, although the ...
Mass Protest in Philippines Over Duterte ‘Dictatorship’ Opponents criticised Mr Duterte's open threat to reinstate martial law and his brutal war on drugs that has killed thousands. Thousands also attended rival pro-Duterte rallies. Mr Duterte's own son Paolo is facing allegations of drug trafficking. The president ...
the Killers - Run for CoverArtists: The KillersDirected By: Tarik MikouCo-Directed By: Eric MorinWritten By: Flowers, Stoermer, Vannucci, Price, Cameron, Lee, MarleyProducers: Jacknife Lee, Daniel Jean, Olivier Picard, David Pierrat(C) 2017 Island Records, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc. vevo.ly
4 days ago
(12) LATEST: 7.1 Magnitude Quake Kills 119 as Buildings Crumble in MexicoMexico’s federal government says the death toll in a magnitude 7.1 earthquake has risen to 119.
4 days, 1 hour ago