1 teleskiguy  Dec 10, 2014 5:56:10pm

Facebook, the Walmart of the internet.

2 William Barnett-Lewis  Dec 10, 2014 5:59:12pm

re: #1 teleskiguy

Facebook, the Walmart of the internet.

Now now, even Walfart isn’t that bad. Perhaps the Chuck C. Johnson of websites?

3 Bubblehead II  Dec 10, 2014 6:00:22pm

Twitter is about as far as I am willing to go with social media. Sorry Charles, but Face Book is just a bridge to far for me.

4 nearly-headless smith25  Dec 10, 2014 6:01:09pm

Me and Fakebook, I’ll have to pass…

5 freetoken  Dec 10, 2014 6:02:19pm

I have to admit, I sort of avoid Facebook more than Twitter. I always feel a bit … naked … on Facebook. I think it is because I know so many people who use FB for this or that.

I’ve set up various FB accounts with different pseudonyms. Somehow, magically, FB started to connect my pseudonyms to people I actually know. I don’t know how they do that, but there are lots of magical elves haunting the FB woods.

6 TedStriker  Dec 10, 2014 6:02:45pm

re: #1 teleskiguy

Facebook, the Walmart of the internet.

If FB is the Walmart of the Internet, does that mean that MySpace is the flea market of the Internet?

Inquiring minds want to know…

///

7 Belafon  Dec 10, 2014 6:03:00pm

I went looking for an anime the other day, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, to buy a copy for a friend. The only US copy I could find was for $160. WTF?!

So I got to digging. Bandai, the company that distributed that anime, and other favorites of mine like Big O and Cowboy Bebop, is no longer distributing in the United States.

Luckily, I have copies of all of these, but it’ll be hard to find them for gifts.

8 William Barnett-Lewis  Dec 10, 2014 6:03:25pm

More seriously, for those who like to use Facebook, this will be a good resource and knowing Charles it is probably the best produced material on Facebook. But I ran screaming the other direction after one week as a user several years ago and can’t think of any reason I’d willingly go back.

9 teleskiguy  Dec 10, 2014 6:03:28pm

I put this on my Facebook timeline for my FB peeps. I’ll do my part to spread the good Lizard word.

10 b_sharp  Dec 10, 2014 6:05:53pm

Facebook is an alternate reality I avoid.

I have enough trouble with Twitter.

11 makeitstop  Dec 10, 2014 6:05:57pm

Liked! Welcome to Facebook.

Wait’ll my wingnuts get a load of you.

12 #FergusonFireside  Dec 10, 2014 6:07:00pm

I don’t do FB, but so many do, broaden the reach any which way is the best model.

13 prairiefire  Dec 10, 2014 6:07:43pm

re: #5 freetoken

Same schools, likes, clicked throughs…they will find you!

14 #FergusonFireside  Dec 10, 2014 6:08:40pm

re: #13 prairiefire

Same schools, likes, clicked throughs…they will find you!

Prairie! Haven’t seen you in a while. How are you?

15 Charles Johnson  Dec 10, 2014 6:09:17pm

Totally understand people not liking Facebook, by the way. But as a website owner, it’s a way to spread the message farther on social media and provide a counterpoint to loons like our boy Chuck.

16 PhillyPretzel  Dec 10, 2014 6:13:29pm

OT I just got a “message” to download a new version of Flash Player. The problem in downloading is I could not see what progress was being made. I just aborted the whole thing and I will wait until I can actually see my progress in downloading said program. Is anyone else having this problem?

17 teleskiguy  Dec 10, 2014 6:13:45pm

Facebook’s ubiquity on the internet is disconcerting, to say the least. Which is why I use a pseudonym (I’m some guy named Wen Hui Wang).

If you’re logged in to FB and you type facebook . com / teleskiguy in the URL field (without spaces, of course) that’s me. So I’m not that hard to find.

The Chinese pseudonym works well for keeping people I never liked off my news feed, they’ll never find me by typing my real name in a search field.

Twitter, OTOH, I use my real name, because simply put Twitter is better.

18 dog philosopher  Dec 10, 2014 6:13:53pm

my Assbook project has hit some snags

19 Bubblehead II  Dec 10, 2014 6:14:03pm

Oh, I fully understand. The more people who see the message, the better. I just don’t do FB.

20 prairiefire  Dec 10, 2014 6:14:33pm

re: #14 #FergusonFireside

Prairie! Haven’t seen you in a while. How are you?

Hi, there, cutie! Been selling dolls and toys on Ebay. The economy is coming back!

21 RealityBasedSteve  Dec 10, 2014 6:15:22pm

RWNJ’s have their camoflauged panties all tied into a knot… their favorite son, Ted Cruz, has said torture is wrong…

Texas Senator Ted Cruz is reminding Americans that no civilized nation should ever torture prisoners.

“Torture is wrong, unambiguously. Period. The end. Civilized nations do not engage in torture and Congress has rightly acted to make absolutely clear that the United States will not engage in torture,” Cruz said during the Q-and-A portion of a speech at the Heritage Foundation.

The article is at Breitfart… so I won’t link to it. Over in freeperland they are trying to find the best spin for it.

RBS

22 Belafon  Dec 10, 2014 6:18:04pm

re: #21 RealityBasedSteve

And yet, somehow, the best spin is not “Yeah, we shouldn’t torture”?

23 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 10, 2014 6:18:19pm

I Liked it, but I am on FB under my real name and I only ever use it for looking at pictures of the grandkids.

Teh Crazy is for Twitter.

I mute my own kids when they post derp on FB.

24 dog philosopher  Dec 10, 2014 6:19:04pm

re: #21 RealityBasedSteve

RBS

some unintentional humor there

“Congress has rightly acted…” - Ted Cruz

I need to get the full context of what Senator Ted Cruz really said. If that’s what he both said and intended, he needs to learn some hard lessons from Vice-President Dick Cheney…and pronto! In this case, I unabashedly stand with Dick!

25 teleskiguy  Dec 10, 2014 6:22:19pm

OK, this is full of awesome.

Listen to the album here. If you like punk rock you’ll probably adore it.

26 Charles Johnson  Dec 10, 2014 6:25:10pm
27 #FergusonFireside  Dec 10, 2014 6:25:39pm

re: #20 prairiefire

Good! 1st year I’m not putting up my tree. Too much work. Next year baby.

28 #FergusonFireside  Dec 10, 2014 6:26:17pm

re: #21 RealityBasedSteve

RBS

But then he said that we never tortured?

29 prairiefire  Dec 10, 2014 6:28:52pm

re: #27 #FergusonFireside

Good! 1st year I’m not putting up my tree. Too much work. Next year baby.

Less dusting of all your pretties. They will be ready for next year.

30 Hercules Grytpype-Thynneghazi  Dec 10, 2014 6:29:45pm

re: #18 dog philosopher

my Assbook project has hit some snags

Just turn the other cheek and move on.

31 teleskiguy  Dec 10, 2014 6:29:47pm

I’m having a hard time getting my comments right the first time tonight. Luckily we can edit them for a short time after posting. What a concept!

32 Hercules Grytpype-Thynneghazi  Dec 10, 2014 6:32:07pm

re: #25 teleskiguy

OK, this is full of awesome.

Embedded Image

God rest ye, Unitarians, let nothing you dismay;
Remember there’s no evidence there was a Christmas Day;
When Christ was born is just not known, no matter what they say,
O, Tidings of reason and fact, reason and fact,
Glad tidings of reason and fact.

There was no star of Bethlehem, there was no angels’ song;
There could have been no wise men for the trip would take too long.
The stories in the Bible are historically wrong,
O, Tidings of reason and fact, reason and fact,
Glad tidings of reason and fact!

Our current Christmas customs come from Persia and from Greece,
From solstice celebrations of the ancient Middle East.
We know our so-called holiday is just a pagan feast,
O, Tidings of reason and fact, reason and fact,
Glad tidings of reason and fact.

- Rev. Christopher Gist Raible

33 lawhawk  Dec 10, 2014 6:32:28pm

re: #18 dog philosopher

my Assbook project has hit some snags

Hustler does have a nicer ring to it. /

34 PhillyPretzel  Dec 10, 2014 6:39:57pm

re: #16 PhillyPretzel

The darn program downloaded the way it has done in the past. I was actually able to see my progress unlike the first time. Why can’t these folks get this stuff right the first time?

35 lawhawk  Dec 10, 2014 6:40:26pm
36 Charles Johnson  Dec 10, 2014 6:41:58pm
37 teleskiguy  Dec 10, 2014 6:42:42pm

re: #35 lawhawk

What. The. Fuck?!?
38 PhillyPretzel  Dec 10, 2014 6:43:10pm

re: #35 lawhawk

Hannity is scaring me. Convert to what? I do not want to die.

39 Shazam  Dec 10, 2014 6:44:08pm

I think he’s speaking as a terrorist. Their wanting to convert everyone to their religion means it’s okay to torture them.

40 dog philosopher  Dec 10, 2014 6:44:10pm

re: #21 RealityBasedSteve

RBS

by the way, has glen beck recanted his condemnation of torture yet?

41 Dr. Matt  Dec 10, 2014 6:47:33pm
42 teleskiguy  Dec 10, 2014 6:51:09pm

re: #41 Dr. Matt

Christopher Hitchens did it, and afterward said in so many words that he wouldn’t wish waterboarding on his worst enemies. It was that torturous.

43 BongCrodny  Dec 10, 2014 7:02:03pm

Facebook is probably an easier way to get people to read the articles, also — at least a couple of my unrepentant lefty friends are convinced this is a barking mad wingnut site, and no amount of “No, no — it’s really not!” ever seems to do the trick.

44 RealityBasedSteve  Dec 10, 2014 7:04:03pm

Ok, i’ve just knocked out 17 slides on SharePoint Governance. That should be enough for me to easily do the hour total they want.

Hopefully, no wrists will be slit during the webinar.

Now I want cupcakes, and it’s too late to bake a batch. Maybe some bread.

RBS

45 dog philosopher  Dec 10, 2014 7:06:37pm

re: #32 Hercules Grytpype-Thynneghazi

God rest ye, Unitarians, let nothing you dismay;
Remember there’s no evidence there was a Christmas Day;
When Christ was born is just not known, no matter what they say,
O, Tidings of reason and fact, reason and fact,
Glad tidings of reason and fact.

There was no star of Bethlehem, there was no angels’ song;
There could have been no wise men for the trip would take too long.
The stories in the Bible are historically wrong,
O, Tidings of reason and fact, reason and fact,
Glad tidings of reason and fact!

Our current Christmas customs come from Persia and from Greece,
From solstice celebrations of the ancient Middle East.
We know our so-called holiday is just a pagan feast,
O, Tidings of reason and fact, reason and fact,
Glad tidings of reason and fact.

- Rev. Christopher Gist Raible

at the gospel church concert this weekend i heard it affirmed that the christmas tree is derived from the cross

hmmm hmmm what??

46 GlutenFreeJesus  Dec 10, 2014 7:13:15pm

Glenn Greenwald, where are you?

bbc.com

Brazil’s national truth commission says illegal arrests, torture, executions and forced disappearances were performed systematically by state agents under Brazil’s military rule.

47 Dr. Matt  Dec 10, 2014 7:15:24pm
Sexual predator wins $3 million from Florida lottery

At the Florida Lottery headquarters, Timothy Poole, 43, posed for a photo with an oversized check after claiming his $3 million Scratch-Off prize. But when the image hit the Internet, others recognized the 450-pound man as a registered sexual predator.

FloriDUH strikes again.

48 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 10, 2014 7:21:30pm

re: #46 GlutenFreeJesus

Glenn Greenwald, where are you?

bbc.com

HURR HURR CIA TORTURE REPORT!!!! OBAMA!!!! CIA!!!!11!!! SNOOOOOOWWWWWWDDDDEEENNNN!!!!! MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!! WHO IS THIS “CHUCK” LOOKATMELOOKATMELOOKATME!!!!!1!!!

49 Pawn of the Oppressor  Dec 10, 2014 7:22:23pm

“Carroty Pooptroll”

With a little polishing, that suggests something almost Shakespearean in flavor.

50 Belafon  Dec 10, 2014 7:23:33pm

re: #45 dog philosopher

hmmm hmmm what??

My middle son has been exposed to so much mythology that he’ll probably consider the Bible a derivative work when he gets around to reading it. He’s all over the symbols for Easter and Christmas.

51 Higgs Boson's Mate  Dec 10, 2014 7:23:57pm

re: #47 Dr. Matt

FloriDUH strikes again.

A sexual predator with $3 million and his victim(s) now likely well aware that he struck it rich.

The legal briefs,
Drift by my window…

52 teleskiguy  Dec 10, 2014 7:27:16pm

re: #43 BongCrodny

This is genuinely baffling to me. I’ve been a reader of this site for over 10 years and for the last six of those years Charles has verily well distanced himself from the United States “right wing” in no ambiguous terms.

As much as I hate Facebook this is a smart move on Charles’ part.

I’ve looked at the FB page, it’s LGF FB-style. It’s all there, the articles and pages presented in that warm soothing ain’t-life-grand Facebook format that’s used by a billion people around the world.

53 teleskiguy  Dec 10, 2014 7:28:55pm

I’m just so off in my commenting tonight, stupid little errors that change the whole meaning of the motherfucker.

Damn this ale is good.

54 Jenner7  Dec 10, 2014 7:30:56pm

re: #35 lawhawk

Isn’t that was ISIS says? Convert or die??

55 bratwurst  Dec 10, 2014 7:31:48pm
56 Higgs Boson's Mate  Dec 10, 2014 7:32:04pm

re: #49 Pawn of the Oppressor

“A most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker. A carroty pooptroll of no one good quality worthy your lordship’s entertainment.”

Cribbed from “All’s Well That Ends Well,” Act II, Scene VI, with apologies to the Bard.

57 Jenner7  Dec 10, 2014 7:32:08pm

Liked! I can’t not use FB. I mostly play games, but I like to rant about politics.

58 KingKenrod  Dec 10, 2014 7:39:06pm

Love this new Belle and Sebastian song, released just yesterday. “Nobody’s Empire”.

59 Rightwingconspirator  Dec 10, 2014 7:41:32pm

re: #56 Higgs Boson’s Mate

Well now. That raises the bar quite a bit. Well done.

60 Higgs Boson's Mate  Dec 10, 2014 7:49:59pm

re: #59 Rightwingconspirator

Shakespeare: The Invention of the Human, by Leopold Bloom, is my current non-tech read so I knew right where to look for a Shakespearean insult.

61 Charles Johnson  Dec 10, 2014 7:58:34pm
62 Decatur Deb  Dec 10, 2014 7:59:25pm

re: #60 Higgs Boson’s Mate

There’s an app for that:
pangloss.com

And a ‘book-thing’:
amazon.com

63 Higgs Boson's Mate  Dec 10, 2014 8:05:43pm

re: #62 Decatur Deb

There’s an app for that:

pangloss.com

And a ‘book-thing’:
amazon.com

Dang. I own and enjoy a Kindle Fire. Sometimes the heft of a good book is a pleasure in itself.

64 Decatur Deb  Dec 10, 2014 8:13:41pm

re: #63 Higgs Boson’s Mate

Heh. The insult engine produced a very apt one for red-chinned bloggers:

“You shall stifle in your own report,
and smell of calumny.”

Taken from: Measure for Measure

65 CuriousLurker  Dec 10, 2014 8:15:20pm

Found this while googling the other day. Could come in handy, especially on Twitter, heh:

And on that note g’nite, lizards.

66 freetoken  Dec 10, 2014 8:18:29pm

Finding new Christmas music that is really good music and actually new and not a retread is tough.

Even uber trendy Seth McFarlane went old school:
amazon.com

I doubt there is much of a market for serious (a.k.a. “classical”) music written explicitly for Christmas, in 2014. Gone are the days of Bach and Mozart.

Anyway, from 100 years ago, 1914, here is Len Spencer doing his bit:

MP3 Audio

67 Bubblehead II  Dec 10, 2014 8:20:42pm

Night Lizards. See you in the morning. May the Deity of your choice smile down upon you and yours.

Doris Day - Que Sera Sera

The future, we can not see,

68 RealityBasedSteve  Dec 10, 2014 8:27:11pm

Good night Lizards…. I’ll talk with ya all tomorrow. And remember, it could always be worse, you could be on the Oregon Trail.

69 Dark_Falcon  Dec 10, 2014 8:39:18pm

re: #3 Bubblehead II

Ditto.

70 darthstar  Dec 10, 2014 9:02:51pm

I liked your fb page.

71 darthstar  Dec 10, 2014 9:02:59pm

re: #69 Dark_Falcon

Ditto.

head

72 GlutenFreeJesus  Dec 10, 2014 9:08:27pm

I had some recently, as I’ve been testing two of my most recent investments. An Anova brand sous vide immersion circulator and a VacMaster VP210 chamber vacuum sealer. I vac’d the fish with extra virgin olive oil and fresh tarragon, and sous vide’d for 30ish minutes at 132F. When it was done, I took it out of the pouch, patted it dry (seasoned with salt/pepper(, and seared/basted in some clarified butter/cast iron pan. I’ll just say this. Heaven.

re: #68 RealityBasedSteve

Hey. I have that t-shirt. :)

73 darthstar  Dec 10, 2014 9:10:25pm

re: #72 GlutenFreeJesus

One of my ski patrol buddies got into sous vide the last year or so - now he thorws things in the sous vide all the time. Great to come home to a steak that just needs a flash sear and plating.

74 Charles Johnson  Dec 10, 2014 9:28:11pm

lol

75 darthstar  Dec 10, 2014 9:29:49pm

lol

76 goddamnedfrank  Dec 10, 2014 9:35:56pm

His lawyer might take his money, but I guarantee you there’s going to be a long conversation about how he brought this on himself. You just can’t say that kind of thing to a reporter who’s writing a story on you and expect that they aren’t going to touch it.

Greg Howard didn’t accuse him of shitting on the floor, he just reported the allegation after Chuck made the inexplicable, incredibly unwise decision to pre-emptively deny it out of the blue. That’s exactly the kind of thing a floor shitter would do, so it would have been irresponsible for Howard not to wonder openly if it actually did happen.

77 Pawn of the Oppressor  Dec 10, 2014 9:38:25pm

Why did he come forward?
Why didn’t he come forward?
He was asking for it…
etc.

Mein Fuhrer… he who denied it, supplied it

78 teleskiguy  Dec 10, 2014 9:42:43pm
79 freetoken  Dec 10, 2014 9:42:53pm

This should come as no surprise, but I have a hard time relating to some of my fellow Americans.

And I don’t just mean the alleged hayseeds in fly-over country.

Take New York Observer, a now electronic version of a mag that supposedly markets to upscale urban types, for example. One of their authors, Nina Burleigh, tonight put online this article under the category “The Bombshell”:

The Duggars Seem So Nice Until You Meet Their Terrifying Political Agenda

There are two things about this which I can’t seem to grasp:

1) how the religious fanaticism of the Duggars is some sort of revelation, and more importantly,
2) that the author claims:

Also, as an occasional consumer of reality shows, I appreciate the can’t-turn-it-off lure of two parents in a pee-soaked, diaper-scented, applesauce-slimed human zoo of their own making, pretending to love every minute of it and asking God for help hourly.

Which strikes me as odd for a mag aimed at hip, aspirational over-educated types.

I for one can’t stand TV shows like the Duggars, or the Quack Dynasty, or Honey Boo Boo, etc. Maybe I’m just weird, but I don’t find mind-numbed people going about their trivia-filled days all that interesting.

80 freetoken  Dec 10, 2014 9:44:46pm

re: #78 teleskiguy

Minimalism will always have a place in art.

81 Pawn of the Oppressor  Dec 10, 2014 9:47:45pm

re: #76 goddamnedfrank

Can you imagine trying to give legal counsel to this guy? Everybody who’s encountered him sings the same song, of what an insufferable, narcissistic, no-class, no-talent, shit-stirring prick he is. Does that sound like somebody who’d listen to a lawyer? El oh el.

I don’t think he knows jack crap about the law. I picture him as one of those people you see on the news in a courtroom now and again, that starts a fight at their sentencing by yelling stuff they picked up from watching Law and Order.

(This is part of why I can’t believe he’s married… Either he’s lying or his wife doesn’t speak English. I keep picturing something like Sam Healy’s marriage in Orange is The New Black.)

82 Pawn of the Oppressor  Dec 10, 2014 9:53:12pm

re: #80 freetoken

Minimalism will always have a place in art.

Some of my favorite decorations growing up were on the houses that would put only a single blue electric candle in each window. It was a trend in the late 80’s. We’re at the opposite end of the spectrum now, with the availability of cheap Chinese LED’s by the ton.

I have a two-foot tinsel tree from Target loaded up with a 100-strand light, and nothing else. It never feels like Christmas here in DFW so I can’t get into a decorating spirit, but I quite like it anyway.

83 Kragar  Dec 10, 2014 9:55:19pm
84 jaunte  Dec 10, 2014 9:57:04pm

re: #82 Pawn of the Oppressor

We have an artificial tree, but most of the time it has two kittens crawling in it.
Later, I may put a red light bulb in the front porch socket. Wild times.

85 Kragar  Dec 10, 2014 10:03:10pm

Secrets of the Internet revealed:

When shopping for items on Amazon, add the following to the end of the URL

&pct-off=50-70

Now refresh.

This will show you all the items that are being sold for 50-70% off by various vendors

Change the numbers to adjust the range

86 freetoken  Dec 10, 2014 10:12:34pm

I see that Eric son of Erick is once again writing about Christmas and Dec. 25th. He’s done this before, but of course doesn’t reference that he’s simply repeating what he has written in years past.

Thing is, he claims with literary straight face:

As the Biblical Archeology Society has noted, the earliest references to Christmas come at about 200 A.D., at a time Christians were not incorporating other religious traditions into their own.

As before, he references the BAS as some sort of authority.

Anyway, this idea that Christianity did not incorporate “other religious traditions into their own” is laughable.

Christianity is the incorporation of “other” religious traditions -namely, various cults of Judaism, with a liberal dose of Greek thought.

Eric son of Erick really is nothing other than just another American fundamentalist, who happened to finagle his way into right wing meetings by writing wordy but not insightful blog posts, then selling out to a major religious right promoter (Salem.)

87 freetoken  Dec 10, 2014 10:13:46pm
88 GlutenFreeJesus  Dec 10, 2014 10:16:45pm

re: #73 darthstar

I love this method for so many reasons. Poached eggs is #1.

89 GlutenFreeJesus  Dec 10, 2014 10:18:01pm

re: #81 Pawn of the Oppressor

The woman he married needed her green card I bet.

90 SteveMcGaziBolaGate  Dec 10, 2014 10:23:17pm

What’s the difference between a facebook page and a regular website? [EDIT] I can see a difference in the layout, but what is the core difference?

91 Kragar  Dec 10, 2014 10:24:39pm
92 SteveMcGaziBolaGate  Dec 10, 2014 10:25:03pm

re: #83 Kragar

I dont mean to ask a dumb question, but which is the bot and which is the Gamer?

93 Kragar  Dec 10, 2014 10:25:48pm

re: #92 SteveMcGaziBolaGate

_ebooks is the bot

94 SteveMcGaziBolaGate  Dec 10, 2014 10:25:49pm

re: #91 Kragar

Leave it to Twitter to make one picture worth 140 characters.

95 SteveMcGaziBolaGate  Dec 10, 2014 10:26:09pm

re: #93 Kragar

_ebooks is the bot

Thanks, I will now re-read!

96 Higgs Boson's Mate  Dec 10, 2014 10:40:17pm

Good night, sweet dreams all.

97 goddamnedfrank  Dec 10, 2014 10:41:52pm

Seriously, no self respecting “journalist” would write like that.

98 William Barnett-Lewis  Dec 10, 2014 10:44:13pm

re: #86 freetoken

As someone who tries to be quite serious about my faith, I find American Christians of the evangelical and/ or fundamentalist varieties pedaling their cheap grace to be despicable. I look at them, shake my head and don’t blame anyone who becomes an atheist as a result. An atheist living a good life is a better person than so many of the Christians out there. I know the God I believe in would rather have the world be filled with such atheists than with those kinds of Christians.

99 teleskiguy  Dec 10, 2014 10:53:50pm
100 freetoken  Dec 10, 2014 11:15:03pm

Using Kragar’s Amazon smart shopper trick I notice that quite a bit of Christmas music falls under even “90%” off.

Including the once-loved but now mostly forgotten Johnny Mathis:

MP3 Audio

101 freetoken  Dec 10, 2014 11:29:31pm

re: #98 William Barnett-Lewis

One thing about which I on occasion wander is how people in our society will sort out their beliefs over the next couple of generations.

I know there are those who are trying to walk the fine line between orthodox Christian beliefs and the modern world with all the discoveries made over the last century or two. Peter Enns being one, for example.

Others have decided to give up orthodoxy and incorporate a more generalized belief system that I’ll call “soft Theism” - another form of universalism with a dash of Jesus.

I know all too well that we humans need comfort from our emotional roller coasters that life gives us. I really don’t despise the concept of religion - it is our creation, and we created it to fill very real needs.

Yet I am also quite certain that long held magical thinking methods are now so thoroughly discredited that there is simply no more room for Magick (= supernatural.)

The problem is that religion without magic doesn’t comfort as much as the old time religion.

102 William Barnett-Lewis  Dec 10, 2014 11:58:41pm

re: #101 freetoken

I don’t know if you saw the page I posted the other day on Orthopraxy? I tried to touch on my personal opinion that right behavior (Orthopraxy) is more important in the modern world than right belief (Orthodoxy). Now my idea of what is right is, of course, rather well fairly bog standard liberal Christianity so YMMV.

103 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  Dec 11, 2014 12:22:37am

re: #98 William Barnett-Lewis

I must admit that all those sanctimounious Campus Crusade Christians I encountered at college in the 70’s/80’s really put me off the whole concept of Christianity (being raised pre-Vatican II Catholic did not help either)

It was not until much later that I encountered Christians who quietly live and exemplify their faith without preaching that I gained some appreciation for the religion although I am far from being a believer.

104 freetoken  Dec 11, 2014 1:31:53am
105 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  Dec 11, 2014 1:33:21am

I’ll be home for breakfast…

106 Mentis Fugit  Dec 11, 2014 2:12:06am

re: #105 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)

I’ll be home for breakfast…

Should we smoke you a kipper, Ace?

107 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  Dec 11, 2014 2:26:40am

…surely they have them in Texas, ‘cause everyone’s a millionaire.

108 Lidane  Dec 11, 2014 3:58:41am

El Rushbo haz a sad:

109 Targetpractice  Dec 11, 2014 3:59:41am

re: #108 Lidane

El Rushbo haz a sad:

Gee, I can’t imagine why…

110 freetoken  Dec 11, 2014 4:03:18am

Spoken from personal experience, he asserts:

Rick Perry: Presidential Campaign’s ‘Not an IQ Test’

111 freetoken  Dec 11, 2014 4:05:29am
112 freetoken  Dec 11, 2014 4:08:53am

Click-baiting at its most direct:

Mountain-sized asteroid headed straight to Earth

Sounds ominous, no?

But wait:

The asteroid currently poses no threat to the Earth, but Professor Lipunov warned that it could hit the Earth with an explosion 1,000 times greater than a bus-sized meteor that hit Russia in 2013.

113 A Mom Anon  Dec 11, 2014 4:13:25am

re: #108 Lidane

And yet he still gets paid more money than a 1000 people will ever see in their lifetimes. He is however an object lesson that proves money can’t buy happiness. Miserable prick.

114 Decatur Deb  Dec 11, 2014 4:39:00am

re: #80 freetoken

Minimalism will always have a place in art.

!

115 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 4:47:33am

ah, finally broke down and got on fb …

is a smart move.

116 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 4:51:02am

I have to start thinking about important things, like, what kind of pie should I prepare this week?

117 nearly-headless smith25  Dec 11, 2014 4:52:49am

re: #116 The Vicious Babushka

Bourbon Butterscotch

118 Decatur Deb  Dec 11, 2014 4:52:54am

re: #116 The Vicious Babushka

How many blackbirds ya’ got?

119 Varek Raith  Dec 11, 2014 4:55:55am

So, Chucky blocked me on twitter, but GoatNews is now following me. WTF

122 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 4:59:46am

Tiramisu cheesecake?

123 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 5:00:17am

re: #121 Dr. Matt

So, Chucky blocked me on twitter, but GoatNews is now following me. WTF

There’s a parody account @gotknews is that who’s following you?

124 Varek Raith  Dec 11, 2014 5:00:27am

re: #122 The Vicious Babushka

Tiramisu cheesecake?

Yes please.

125 A Mom Anon  Dec 11, 2014 5:00:42am

re: #120 The Vicious Babushka

I’ve seen some recipes for bourbon apple too. I’ve been infusing some bourbon with apples, cinnamon and vanilla beans for almost a month, I’m thinking I might use the apples from that as part of the filling.

126 nearly-headless smith25  Dec 11, 2014 5:00:51am

re: #122 The Vicious Babushka

Tiramisu cheesecake?

Very Yummy sounding

127 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 5:02:32am

re: #125 A Mom Anon

Last week I made apple pie with a vodka crust.

128 Dr. Matt  Dec 11, 2014 5:02:47am

re: #123 The Vicious Babushka

There’s a parody account @gotknews is that who’s following you?

AH. No, but this one is @GotNewsDotCorn haha.

129 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 5:02:51am

Vegan chocolate cream pie?

130 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 5:03:02am

The torture report’s one glaring weakness

The Senate Intelligence Committee’s report on the CIA’s use of torture was immensely valuable. But it should have addressed Congress’s own failure to oversee these activities more effectively. By giving lawmakers a pass, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) weakened the very process of accountability her report was meant to enhance.

“Congressional oversight for intelligence—and counterterrorism—is now dysfunctional,” the Sept. 11 Commission warned in 2004. The record has improved, as the Feinstein report shows. Hopefully, this marks a new era of oversight and accountability. But when it comes to self-criticism on intelligence matters, Congress has once again dropped the ball.

I am reminded of a scene with Matt Damon from The Good Shepherd. In which Matt’s character, Edward Wilson is asked, “What do you people have?” he says “the United States of America, the rest of you are just visiting”

The inference is meant to imply the WASP culture, I often think it really was referring to the CIA.

131 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 5:03:38am

re: #117 nearly-headless smith25

Bourbon Butterscotch

excellent choice.

Hubby often makes bourbon banana bread.

132 Dr. Matt  Dec 11, 2014 5:05:00am

Cheney debunks the “enhanced interrogation” meme and admitted the US tortured

133 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 5:06:10am

re: #132 Dr. Matt

Cheney debunks the “enhanced interrogation” meme and admitted the US tortured

Yeah, but the whole dungeon thing is just plain wrong.

Sorry. We are better than that.

134 Targetpractice  Dec 11, 2014 5:09:28am

re: #132 Dr. Matt

Cheney debunks the “enhanced interrogation” meme and admitted the US tortured

2001-2008: “We don’t torture!”

2014: “Of course we tortured, but it kept us safe!”

Dick “Goering” Cheney explains why Americans should just accept that evil shit got done in their name, without a single fucking shred of proof.

135 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 5:09:32am

So, today #tcot is calling for Senator Dianne Feinstein to be executed for treason because of the Torture report.

136 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 5:16:48am

pro-torture meme #2:

DOING ABORTION ON TEH LITTLE FETUS BABBY IS GAZILLION TIMES WORSER THEN WATERBOARDING A MUSLIN TERRIST!!!!11!!!!

137 A Mom Anon  Dec 11, 2014 5:16:53am

re: #127 The Vicious Babushka

I infused some vodka with the same stuff to do the same, lol. I’m hoping to get to that this weekend.

138 lawhawk  Dec 11, 2014 5:18:01am

re: #132 Dr. Matt

Rationalizing torture kept the nation safe, even though all the empirical evidence suggests it did nothing to improve security, did not provide actionable intel, and that it may have encouraged further violence against the US in the process.

139 A Mom Anon  Dec 11, 2014 5:18:18am

re: #132 Dr. Matt

I knew the second this came out that the Crypt Creeper would rise up and be all over the TV. It’s nauseating.

140 Dr. Matt  Dec 11, 2014 5:20:16am

Pass the popcorn.

141 lawhawk  Dec 11, 2014 5:20:17am
142 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 5:20:44am
143 Targetpractice  Dec 11, 2014 5:21:20am

Sorry, it should have been:

2001-2008: “We don’t torture.”
2009-2013: “We didn’t torture.”
2014: “Of course we tortured, but it kept us safe!”

144 Archangelus  Dec 11, 2014 5:21:30am

re: #135 The Vicious Babushka

What kind of twisted, deranged mental gymnastics are needed to reach that notion? I just can’t even… sigh…

145 Targetpractice  Dec 11, 2014 5:22:17am

re: #144 Archangelus

I believe their argument goes that, by releasing this report, they’ve put Americans in danger and provided “aid and comfort to the enemy.” Utter bullshit logic, but to them, it makes perfect sense.

146 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 5:22:57am

re: #144 Archangelus

These people are fucked up==>

147 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 5:25:55am

On the War on Drugs and Mitch McConnell:

148 Dr. Matt  Dec 11, 2014 5:26:17am

Seems to be a common theme among the wing-nuts over the last 48 hours to somehow conflate torture with abortion.

149 Targetpractice  Dec 11, 2014 5:27:04am

re: #148 Dr. Matt

They conflate everything with abortion. Because they keep hoping they’ll finally find an emotional appeal that doesn’t collapse in on itself when subjected to logic.

150 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 5:27:12am
151 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 5:27:55am

Mitch’s wife: Elaine Chao

152 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 5:28:09am

re: #148 Dr. Matt

They hijacked the #BlackLivesMatter tag to make it clear that the ONLY lives that matter to them are the fetus babbies. But once they are out of the uterus, all bets are off.

153 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 5:32:46am

of course not, we “interrogate” them.

*spit*

154 Dr. Matt  Dec 11, 2014 5:33:01am
155 Targetpractice  Dec 11, 2014 5:35:15am

re: #154 Dr. Matt

Let’s be honest, the only reason they really hate the torture report is because the shit happened under a Republican president. It’s why they’ve tried to conflate it with the drone strikes in a twisted “He does it too!” or “What he does is worse!” pretzel logic moment.

156 Higgs Boson's Mate  Dec 11, 2014 5:36:31am

re: #152 The Vicious Babushka

If the same people were vigorously supporting affordable prenatal care, affordable child care and a living wage then I’d be more willing to believe that their true goal is something other than slut shaming.

157 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 5:41:18am

Matt Taibbi is back at the Rolling Stone? Writing about the Torture Report.

158 Dr. Matt  Dec 11, 2014 5:42:55am

Schindler is shitting himself with faux outrage over the torture report and resorting to the usual, “I know more than you” song-and-dance

159 lawhawk  Dec 11, 2014 5:46:12am

If they hate the Torture Report, they’re going to loathe the fact that the report indicates the Bush Administration initially considered holding terrorists captured in accordance with established federal law including the federal rules of criminal procedure, the Army Field Manual, and other guidance that prohibited what amounts to torture.

The problem then became that the military didn’t want to be responsible for the detention facilities. Rumsfeld didn’t want military bases to become facilities for CIA detainees.

Instead, we got black sites, and far worse actions by the CIA. A turf war that then morphed into turning a willful blindness to what the CIA was doing.

“Rumsfeld took military bases off the table, so we started looking around at what became the black sites,” Mr. Rizzo recalled in an interview. “We brainstormed. Do we put them on ships? We considered a deserted island. It was born out of necessity. It wasn’t some diabolical plot.”

At the time, the C.I.A.’s operational handbook declared that the agency did not engage in “torture, cruel, inhuman, degrading treatment or punishment, or prolonged detention without charges or trial,” according to the Senate report. But agency lawyers also began exploring a different approach, though it is not clear why. A Nov. 26, 2001, draft memo lists several tactics — extreme cold, sensory deprivation, sleep deprivation, and humiliation — and began discussing possible legal justifications. Such measures are prohibited in federal and military prisons.

The C.I.A. had a corps of experts that specialized in getting people to talk by building rapport with their subjects. In interviews known as “fireside chats,” they extracted information and determined whether it was reliable. Coercive interrogation, the agency’s experts believed, led to unreliable information. After 9/11, there is no evidence that the C.I.A. conducted much research into how to conduct interrogations or reviewed its own history with harsh interrogation techniques during the early days of the Cold War, according to the Senate report.

That’s when they turned to the pair of hired sociopaths to come up with the harsh interrogation methods - torture.

160 Dr. Matt  Dec 11, 2014 5:49:38am

And, just a reminder:

Of course, the RWNJs retort will reply with, “Obama said you can keep your health insurance if you like it!”

161 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 5:49:50am

re: #159 lawhawk

QFT

162 Higgs Boson's Mate  Dec 11, 2014 5:50:46am

re: #158 Dr. Matt

DIck Pix Boy says what?

163 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 5:52:26am
164 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 5:54:11am

HOW MUCH TEH STUPIDS IN THIS:

165 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 5:55:19am
166 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 5:55:57am

And now this talking point:
HURR HURR SO WHAT IF CIA WATERBOARDED TERRORISTS, OBAMA DRONES THEM TO DEATH!!!!!!11!!!!

167 Lidane  Dec 11, 2014 5:56:05am

re: #143 Targetpractice

Sorry, it should have been:

2001-2008: “We don’t torture.”
2009-2013: “We didn’t torture.”
2014: “Of course we tortured, but it kept us safe!”

Then there’s Peter King: “We didn’t torture! We just made them stand in uncomfortable positions!”

168 Dr. Matt  Dec 11, 2014 5:56:21am

WTH, #BoobieMovies is trending? Twitter, you fail me.

169 Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 11, 2014 5:58:52am

re: #168 Dr. Matt

WTH, #BoobieMovies is trending? Twitter, you fail me.

170 Dr. Matt  Dec 11, 2014 5:59:52am

re: #162 Higgs Boson’s Mate

DIck Pix Boy says what?

He’s frantically inflating himself as the only person with expertise on the topic: slate.com

And he continues to claim it was released without bipartisan backing even though the vote to declassify the report was 11-3.

171 Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 11, 2014 6:05:05am
172 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 6:08:30am
Brazil and its Congress have always been influenced by the Catholic church, but in the past two decades there has been a dramatic rise in evangelical Christian churches and the number of politicians who share their beliefs. Almost a quarter of Brazilians now identify themselves as evangelical, up from 5% in 1970.

NOW, THAT IS SCARY AS SHIT

173 Targetpractice  Dec 11, 2014 6:09:43am

Thing I don’t think Cheney has realized is that, by saying that the White House knew everything about what the CIA was doing and that it required their approval to go forward, he’s effectively admitted that he and Dubya signed off on torture. While the DoJ may rule that no laws were broken, that’s not gonna fly with…well, anybody outside the US.

174 makeitstop  Dec 11, 2014 6:10:36am

Jim Wright at Stonekettle: The Road to Hell. Good read, as usual.

175 Higgs Boson's Mate  Dec 11, 2014 6:11:29am

re: #170 Dr. Matt

The usual then. My only direct experience with the CIA was in Vietnam. In my corner of it we despised those sons of bitches.

176 Lidane  Dec 11, 2014 6:12:16am
177 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 6:15:44am

Which is cuter?

Tiger Babies or Otter in Arms:

178 Bubblehead II  Dec 11, 2014 6:17:33am

re: #121 Dr. Matt

So, Chucky blocked me on twitter, but GoatNews is now following me. WTF

Is it gotnews or gotknews? Because the same thing happened with me after Chucky blocked me. Haven’t looked at its timeline to see if it needs blocked or not.

179 Higgs Boson's Mate  Dec 11, 2014 6:17:36am

re: #176 Lidane

I read the linked article. As I suspected during my darkest moments the Republicans have replaced thinking with ritual. That explains in part why Boehner, with his distinctive orange skin, is the Head Witch Doctor.

180 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 6:17:47am
181 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  Dec 11, 2014 6:18:09am

re: #176 Lidane

ACORN Still Dead, Republicans Still Trying To Kill It Some More In New Budget Bill

It is an Article of RWNJ Faith that Acorn helped steal the 2008 election by fraudulently registering Zombie Welfare Queens.

182 Rightwingconspirator  Dec 11, 2014 6:21:13am

Ooops. See 187

183 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 6:21:18am
184 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 6:21:47am

re: #182 Rightwingconspirator

Very, very disappointing.

Link

“FORBIDDEN” LINK

185 Higgs Boson's Mate  Dec 11, 2014 6:22:05am

re: #183 FemNaziBitch

Has Sean Hannity volunteered for rectal feeding yet?

Only as a hobbyist.

186 Franklin  Dec 11, 2014 6:22:48am

Jut got out of this traffic and drove around the city to get to work:

187 Rightwingconspirator  Dec 11, 2014 6:24:42am

re: #184 FemNaziBitch

“FORBIDDEN” LINK

Trying again

Amid a fresh call for a major shake-up at the highest levels of the CIA, the White House expressed support for agency Director John Brennan, who was the deputy executive director in 2002 when the interrogation program was designed and implemented.

188 Dr. Matt  Dec 11, 2014 6:25:29am

re: #183 FemNaziBitch

189 Higgs Boson's Mate  Dec 11, 2014 6:33:23am

re: #187 Rightwingconspirator

Trying again

You don’t understand: if Obama shitcans Brennan then the people who have never voted for us won’t vote for us in 2016. By supporting Brennan we can be certain that Democratic turnout in that election will match the record set in 2014. This strategy has demonstrably worked out really well for us.

190 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 6:34:10am
191 Higgs Boson's Mate  Dec 11, 2014 6:36:11am

re: #190 FemNaziBitch

Until I read the Tweet I thought that was a picture of the AV Club reunion.

192 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  Dec 11, 2014 6:37:29am

re: #190 FemNaziBitch

By the way, check out my mural!

It’s all about aesthetics in game room decoration

193 Rightwingconspirator  Dec 11, 2014 6:37:54am

re: #189 Higgs Boson’s Mate

So it would seem huh? Lil reminder for the WH and the Senate/Congress
The world is watching. They want to see if we learned the right lesson. So far, we have not.

194 Higgs Boson's Mate  Dec 11, 2014 6:39:27am

re: #192 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)

By the way, check out my mural!

It’s all about aesthetics in game room decoration

I’ve seen better art painted on the hoods of ‘64 Chevy lowriders.

195 Fourth Football of the Apocalypse  Dec 11, 2014 6:45:44am

re:
#176

29th time will be the charm. Digging up the bones and setting them on fire this time.

196 Dr. Matt  Dec 11, 2014 6:48:02am

RWNJ logic in a nutshell:

Americans fighting along side terrorists must be given fair and equal rights to justice under the Constitution.

Americans caught selling loose cigarettes are subject to strangulation by law enforcement.

197 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 6:50:30am

The Role of Trauma in homelessness --beginning at page 83

198 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 6:51:32am

re: #196 Dr. Matt

RWNJ logic in a nutshell:

In Illinois, you aren’t even allowed to roll your own. —can’t lose one nickel of taxes!

199 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  Dec 11, 2014 6:53:44am

re: #198 FemNaziBitch

Only flavored rolling papers. Except menthol. Go figure.

200 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 6:55:41am

re: #193 Rightwingconspirator

So it would seem huh? Lil reminder for the WH and the Senate/Congress

WHACKO Conservatives don’t care if the world is watching. They don’t think anyone outside the US counts —they don’t consider them human.

201 Timothy Watson  Dec 11, 2014 6:55:59am

re: #196 Dr. Matt

RWNJ logic in a nutshell:

Really, when did that start? They had no problem holding Hamdi (an American citizen) indefinitely at Gitmo without trial.

202 #FergusonFireside  Dec 11, 2014 6:56:02am
203 Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 11, 2014 6:56:20am

Seriously, though…hope our lizards in that region are OK.

204 Timothy Watson  Dec 11, 2014 6:58:04am

re: #189 Higgs Boson’s Mate

You know John Brennan has been really close to Obama since he came into office, right?

205 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 6:58:13am

re: #196 Dr. Matt

RWNJ logic in a nutshell:

RWNJ logic in a nutshell:

ABORTION IS THE WORSTEST MOAST HORRIBLE THING EVER SO IF YOU THINK ABORTION IS OK WHY U NOT DOWN WITH TORTURES, POLICE KILLINGS OR ANYTHING!!!!!!11!!!!

206 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 6:58:32am

Seriously, though…hope our lizards in that region are OK.

Now that would make for an intersting Sci-FI short story.

207 makeitstop  Dec 11, 2014 6:58:55am

re: #201 Timothy Watson

Since Obama and his Malevolent Army of DRONEZ!!!11ty

208 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 6:59:46am
209 Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 11, 2014 7:00:26am

re: #206 FemNaziBitch

Now that would make for an intersting Sci-FI short story.

darthstar had a good one this morning:

210 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 7:01:32am
211 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 7:02:40am

Paul Gosar —wiki

Yeah, he’s GOP.

Originally from and educated in Wyoming (Cheney Country—no?)

212 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 7:03:31am

re: #211 FemNaziBitch

Paul Gosar —wiki

Yeah, he’s GOP.

That’s a common RWNJ meme, that Native Americans “turned in their guns” in exchange for “welfare”

213 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 7:04:55am

HURR HURR LIBRULS IS TEH REAL RACISTS!!!!! READ HOLLYWOOD LIBRUL SONY EMAILS!!!!! HURR HURR!!!!!!
washingtonpost.com

214 Higgs Boson's Mate  Dec 11, 2014 7:05:33am

re: #204 Timothy Watson

Yes, I do. I try to think of the good things instead.

215 Decatur Deb  Dec 11, 2014 7:07:44am

re: #210 FemNaziBitch

It’s getting pretty obvious that most of them don’t even know they’re assholes. Invincibly ignorant.

216 Higgs Boson's Mate  Dec 11, 2014 7:09:03am

re: #215 Decatur Deb

Those that do know don’t care because it works for them.

217 A Mom Anon  Dec 11, 2014 7:09:47am

re: #210 FemNaziBitch

I love how these assholes pontificate on shit they have no clue about. I’d bet if faced with the room full of Native people he would most likely piss himself before running his mouth.

Maybe someone ought to get him a copy of Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, to be read to him, at the very least.

I seriously think in order to even RUN for office you should have to pass a college level course in both civics and American history. For Fuck’s Sake.

Someone should drop his sorry ass off right in the middle of Pine Ridge with no phone, no car and no money. In winter.

218 Decatur Deb  Dec 11, 2014 7:09:58am

re: #216 Higgs Boson’s Mate

Those that do know don’t care because it works for them.

That would be “The Leadership”.

219 A Mom Anon  Dec 11, 2014 7:11:05am

And yes my grammar above sucks, sorry, coffee hasn’t kicked in yet. (OK, I went back and edited it. I’m having a shitty morning.)

220 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  Dec 11, 2014 7:11:32am

re: #210 FemNaziBitch

Another “failure of socialism” moment?

221 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 7:12:45am

That’s right folks, in Wingnutland, “Booing G-d” is worse than torture==>

222 Higgs Boson's Mate  Dec 11, 2014 7:14:20am

re: #212 The Vicious Babushka

Hey! Wait a minute. The RWNJs bray that had the Jews been armed they could have stopped the Holocaust. The Native Americans were armed. How come they, rather than us, are living on reservations?

223 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  Dec 11, 2014 7:15:00am

re: #221 The Vicious Babushka

That’s right folks, in Wingnutland, “Booing G-d” is worse than torture==>

and besides, none of those aborted babies gave us any vital counter-terror information!

224 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  Dec 11, 2014 7:15:35am

re: #222 Higgs Boson’s Mate

Because they believed the government promises of free stuff.

225 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 7:16:06am

re: #222 Higgs Boson’s Mate

HURR HURR THEY TURNED IN THERE GUNS TO GET FREE GOVMINT STUFF!!!11!!!!!

226 Higgs Boson's Mate  Dec 11, 2014 7:17:09am

re: #219 A Mom Anon

And yes my grammar above sucks, sorry, coffee hasn’t kicked in yet.

My grammar sucks as well. It’s my native tongue and I’ll do whatever I want to with it.

227 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 7:17:56am

My Timeline is full of Derp after I retweeted this:

228 Franklin  Dec 11, 2014 7:20:30am

HE’S RIGHT WE DOONT TOTTURE!!!

—-

IMPEEEEECH!!!!!!11111

229 lawhawk  Dec 11, 2014 7:23:06am
230 Fourth Football of the Apocalypse  Dec 11, 2014 7:26:00am

re:
#229

Yup, makes perfect sense.

231 nearly-headless smith25  Dec 11, 2014 7:27:25am

So the Ark Park didn’t get its’ $18 Million fin funding from the state of KY. They seem a little butthurt…

This is the View from the Adult Book Store
232 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 7:29:22am

What is this shit I just can’t even…

233 Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 11, 2014 7:30:55am
234 Higgs Boson's Mate  Dec 11, 2014 7:31:02am

re: #231 nearly-headless smith25

Yes, because Buddha Faire and the Islamic Pageant are getting some fat tax breaks in Kentucky.

235 Fourth Football of the Apocalypse  Dec 11, 2014 7:31:23am

re:
#227

That’s different the Japs did lots of other tortures they were executed for not like our CIA that didn’t not do anything else like rectal feeding!!!11

236 Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 11, 2014 7:31:54am

re: #231 nearly-headless smith25

237 Fourth Football of the Apocalypse  Dec 11, 2014 7:33:32am

re:
#221

isn’t it fucking amazing how liberals preach moral high ground but boo God & support abortion?

Well it looks like the Christian Conservative Values Voter has weighed in on the controversy.

238 Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 11, 2014 7:34:20am

hahahaha!

239 Franklin  Dec 11, 2014 7:34:59am

[Deleted, updated image below]

240 Fourth Football of the Apocalypse  Dec 11, 2014 7:39:20am

re:
#231

Yes it’s liberal intolerance to oppose public funding/tax breaks for a fundamentalist Christian theme park. Also, too, booing God.

////

241 Franklin  Dec 11, 2014 7:40:07am
242 Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 11, 2014 7:42:03am
243 Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 11, 2014 7:44:15am

So I just pulled some more information on that Rick Perry interview where he was talking about how Texas does NOT have a problem with income inequality and well, see for yourself:

The goal, in all likelihood, is to help reintroduce Perry in the wake of his failed 2012 presidential bid.

It’s off to a curious start.

The recently indicted Texas Republican talked with the Washington Post earlier this week, for example, “for a wide-ranging 90-minute interview.” It was a reminder that Perry hasn’t quite shaken off some of his bad habits.

So yeah, there’s that. Also:

For example, Hunt asked the governor, quite candidly, “Are you smart enough to be president of the United States?”

He replied:
“Running for the presidency’s not an IQ test,” he said. “It is a test of an individual’s resolve. It’s a test of an individual’s philosophy. It’s a test of an individual’s life experiences. And I think Americans are really ready for a leader that will give them a great hope about the future.”

I actually agree with this, but I think the leader is question is sure as hell not Rick Perry.

Then the interviewer decided to ask Perry straight up if he thought waterboarding was torture. Can you guess what he did? Go on, guess.

And then asked whether waterboarding is torture, Perry changed the subject.

“One of the most important things, though, that we need to do as a country, is that when the leader of the United States says, ‘Here’s a red line,’ that that’s what it means. Words matter. And hollow words hurt us as a country. They hurt us as an ally. And the words that come out of the president of the United States need to mean something.”

244 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 7:45:33am

IJIC OFFSHORE BANKING DATA LEAK -DATABASE —search results USA.

*this does not mean anyone listed has broken the law*

yet, interesting.

245 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 7:46:14am

re: #215 Decatur Deb

They think they are on a

mission from god

(without the dark glasses).

246 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 7:47:09am

re: #241 Franklin

Embedded Image

Conservative Whackos obsessed with sex.

247 Bubblehead II  Dec 11, 2014 7:47:42am

Get ready for upchuck to do some more fear mongering.

American nurse exposed to Ebola to be admitted to NIH center

(Reuters) - An American nurse who was exposed to Ebola while volunteering in an Ebola treatment unit in Sierra Leone will be admitted to the National Institutes of Health’s Clinical Center in Maryland on Thursday, NIH announced.

248 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 7:48:42am

re: #229 lawhawk

See my recent Pages Post.

249 Decatur Deb  Dec 11, 2014 7:49:34am

re: #247 Bubblehead II

Get ready for upchuck to do some more fear mongering.

American nurse exposed to Ebola to be admitted to NIH center

He’ll pray for her after he doxxes her.

250 Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 11, 2014 7:53:21am

It only says she was exposed. There’s no proof she even has the disease yet.

251 Dr. Matt  Dec 11, 2014 7:53:22am

re: #249 Decatur Deb

He’ll pray for her after he doxxes her.

Him or her.

252 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 7:55:13am

Wingnuts really REALLY REALLY don’t like this new KKK study at all. AT ALL!!!!

253 Bubblehead II  Dec 11, 2014 7:56:30am

re: #250 Eclectic Cyborg

It only says she was exposed. There’s no proof she even has the disease yet.

Since when will a trivial little thing like that matter to upchuck?

254 Franklin  Dec 11, 2014 8:00:14am
255 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 8:01:48am

DUMBFUCK==>

256 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 8:03:25am

“I Stand With Israel” doesn’t like Jews, just waiting for Armageddon==:

Christian, BSEE, Ham, Cancer Survivor, TAM #tcot #marklevin #sarahpalin #tbrs #TeaParty #Nazarene Psalm 83

258 Dr. Matt  Dec 11, 2014 8:05:14am

re: #255 The Vicious Babushka

“train seals”? I wanted to be a sea mammal trainer…..when was I 9.

259 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 8:05:35am

Ben Shapiro being a dick, as usual.

260 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 8:06:29am

re: #258 Dr. Matt

“train seals”? I wanted to be a sea mammal trainer…..when was I 9.

I see the wingnuts will only talk about waterboarding but not the “hydration” and “feeding” methods.

261 Decatur Deb  Dec 11, 2014 8:06:47am

re: #251 Dr. Matt

Him or her.

<1:10

262 Bubblehead II  Dec 11, 2014 8:08:54am

So GG and Eddie lied. Here is my surprised face.

No proof so far that NSA bugged Merkel’s phone: prosecutor

(Reuters) - Germany’s top public prosecutor said an investigation into suspected tapping of Chancellor Angela Merkel’s mobile phone by U.S. spies had so far failed to find any concrete evidence.

*snip*

On Wednesday he said however, “the document presented in public as proof of an actual tapping of the mobile phone is not an authentic surveillance order by the NSA. It does not come from the NSA database.

263 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 8:08:56am

I blocked KentAtwater like ages ago, but he still keeps responding to my Tweets. Must be a stalker or something.

264 Dr. Matt  Dec 11, 2014 8:12:44am

Cheney defends his torture record

Cheney the #warcriminal and torturer. #torturereport
265 Fourth Football of the Apocalypse  Dec 11, 2014 8:12:55am

re:
#243

Maybe he thought that by answering Yes to that question he’d only be encouraging the whole “are you smart enough” line of questioning in the future. But then he follows up with the whole “running for prez not an IQ test…” I mean, sheesh. Not a good look.

266 Fourth Football of the Apocalypse  Dec 11, 2014 8:16:31am

re:
#259

Ben Shapiro, Biblical scholar extraordinaire.

267 CuriousLurker  Dec 11, 2014 8:19:33am

re: #263 The Vicious Babushka

Here, this one’s for you and all the other Juice:

268 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  Dec 11, 2014 8:24:25am

re: #267 CuriousLurker

Here, this one’s for you and all the other Juice:

Gov. Scott Walker (then Milwaukee County executive) to Jewish constituent: Molotov!

Inviting him to a cocktail party?

269 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 8:24:38am

Ben Shapiro is getting bitchslapped by John Fugelsang right now.

270 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  Dec 11, 2014 8:25:22am

re: #267 CuriousLurker

the proper response to Walkers offer:

271 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 8:25:27am

re: #267 CuriousLurker

Here, this one’s for you and all the other Juice:

That letter was written years ago, I don’t know why it’s viral right now.

272 BeachDem  Dec 11, 2014 8:27:03am

re: #211 FemNaziBitch

Paul Gosar —wiki

Yeah, he’s GOP.

Originally from and educated in Wyoming (Cheney Country—no?)

Worse than being from Cheney country, he hired a bunch of Palin goons (including her then lawyer, Van Flein) when he got to Congress.

“Gosar has serious congressional staff issues,” said one Arizona Republican familiar with the operation. “It’s a total cluster.”

The emails, written by former staffers while they were still on the payroll, implicate chief of staff Rob Robinson and legislative director Tom Van Flein as the heart of the problem.

Gosar’s decision to hire the pair after he was elected raised eyebrows from the beginning — both men had no prior congressional experience and both had close ties to Sarah Palin, who boosted Gosar’s campaign with an endorsement.

politico.com

273 Dr. Matt  Dec 11, 2014 8:27:36am

Fugelsang is actually extremely well versed in the Bible. Ben is about to get schooled.

274 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 8:28:08am
275 FemNaziBitch  Dec 11, 2014 8:32:56am

THIS PISSES me off!

with that I have to leave you.

bbl

276 HappyWarrior  Dec 11, 2014 8:34:11am

re: #275 FemNaziBitch

THIS PISSES me off!

with that I have to leave you.

bbl

Infuriating. But hey always listen to cops or ELSE. Fuck these thugs.

277 calochortus  Dec 11, 2014 8:36:30am

Greetings from the rainy SF Peninsula. Heavy rain, gusty wind. Waiting for a tree limb to fall on the power lines somewhere.

The garbage men thoughtfully left the trash bin with the lid open so it could wash itself in the rain (not that it will hurt anything-and really anything that helps them get their job done and get in out of the rain is fine with me.) Recycling and yard waste bins are literally washing down the street (steep hill-much running water.) Fun times.

278 CuriousLurker  Dec 11, 2014 8:37:53am

…that was weird.

279 CuriousLurker  Dec 11, 2014 8:38:51am

re: #271 The Vicious Babushka

That letter was written years ago, I don’t know why it’s viral right now.

Who cares? Walker’s an asshole; I’ll take any opportunity to point & laugh at him.

280 HappyWarrior  Dec 11, 2014 8:46:01am

Do you think I can put Professional Job Hunter on my next resume? Sure feels like a job and arguably as stressful as any official position if not more so.

281 RealityBasedSteve  Dec 11, 2014 8:51:14am

re: #234 Higgs Boson’s Mate

If memory serves me, wasn’t their bond offering also in jeopardy, that they hadn’t sold enough to meet the minimum commitment by the deadline? They got an initial extension by the investment bank at first, but I think that that those (junk) bonds never got sold.

They were basically grade F, no promise of repayment

RBS

282 calochortus  Dec 11, 2014 8:51:56am

re: #281 RealityBasedSteve

They were basically grade F, no promise of repayment

RBS

Yep.

283 Franklin  Dec 11, 2014 8:54:55am
284 Blind Frog Belly White  Dec 11, 2014 9:01:05am

The worst of the storm seems to have passed the FBW homestead. No flooding into the garage and the creek is already running down.

Mrs. FBW’s panic abated to such an extent that she didn’t even bother getting sandbags, and told the older boy not to bother going up on the roof to clean the gutters.

285 Dr. Matt  Dec 11, 2014 9:03:24am

Has anyone come across this younger pic of the ginger avenger?

286 Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 11, 2014 9:04:54am

re: #285 Dr. Matt

Has anyone come across this younger pic of the ginger avenger?

needs a corndog…

287 Dr. Matt  Dec 11, 2014 9:05:51am

needs a corndog…

HA. Where is ObserverArt’s amazing photoshop skills when you need them??

288 RealityBasedSteve  Dec 11, 2014 9:05:52am

re: #285 Dr. Matt

Has anyone come across this younger pic of the ginger avenger?

Embedded Image

I don’t understand why everybody is picking on him…. he just misunderstood what the sign saying “Emergency Evacuation Plan” meant.

RBS

289 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 9:06:34am

re: #285 Dr. Matt

Has anyone come across this younger pic of the ginger avenger?

Embedded Image

He rocks that Jim Carrey “Dumb & Dumber” haircut

290 allegro  Dec 11, 2014 9:06:49am

re: #285 Dr. Matt

Has anyone come across this younger pic of the ginger avenger?

Good of the hosts to provide the evacuation route right behind him. Makes it easier on his audience to get the hell out quick when he starts talking crazy or shitting on the floor.

291 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  Dec 11, 2014 9:07:21am

re: #285 Dr. Matt

Has anyone come across this younger pic of the ginger avenger?

Embedded Image

He has grown a beard but still has not grown into those cuffs…

292 calochortus  Dec 11, 2014 9:08:11am

re: #284 Blind Frog Belly White

The cold front hasn’t passed yet, so there could be more fun and games. I’ve retrieved our recycling cart from the downhill neighbor and returned the uphill neighbor’s yard waste bin. Balance has been restored to the universe.

293 palomino  Dec 11, 2014 9:08:39am

re: #132 Dr. Matt

Cheney debunks the “enhanced interrogation” meme and admitted the US tortured

Truly repugnant. The nadir of American exceptionalism in just a few words by Cheney: “Torture kept us safe.”

Would our leaders condone such a justification for torture from ANY other world leader? Or is this just another example of, “Don’t do that, it’s only OK when we do it.”

294 Dr. Matt  Dec 11, 2014 9:14:42am

Larry Flynt does not look happy

295 Fourth Football of the Apocalypse  Dec 11, 2014 9:14:57am

re:
#283

Cleveland mayor asked about protests blocking roads: “That’s the inconvenience of freedom, of ppl expressing their constitutional rights”

Hurr hurr thats not Freedom freedom means blocking healthcare for the poors and grazing on federal land and owning all the gunz!!111

296 Dr. Matt  Dec 11, 2014 9:15:46am
297 palomino  Dec 11, 2014 9:16:47am

re: #142 FemNaziBitch

Let’s be honest about what Obama said back in 2008, months before the election. “Rural America in general clings to guns and religion.”

In what way was he wrong? His statement was a tad indelicate, at most, but in what ways was it not accurate?

298 Fourth Football of the Apocalypse  Dec 11, 2014 9:17:36am

re:
#294

One of these is a respectable businessman and upstanding citizen. The other threatened to publish photos of a senate candidate’s wife in a nursing home.

299 lawhawk  Dec 11, 2014 9:18:54am

And with just a few hours to go through the budget bill, it passes 214-212, after a few minutes of being unsure whether it’d even pass.

Hmmm… twitter isn’t embedding (odd)

300 Fourth Football of the Apocalypse  Dec 11, 2014 9:21:20am

re:
#297

The rules are that if you say something mean or indelicate about a liberal person, group, or section of the country, you’re just standing up against the forces of Political Correctness and speaking the Truth.

If you say something mean or indelicate about a conservative person, group or section of the country, or release a report detailing CIA torture, you have done a truly vile thing, you hate America, and you should not be allowed to hold office or live out one’s days in peace.

301 lawhawk  Dec 11, 2014 9:21:20am
302 BeachDem  Dec 11, 2014 9:22:21am

re: #294 Dr. Matt

Larry Flynt does not look happy

Embedded Image

It looks like upchuck photobombed the pic.

303 nearly-headless smith25  Dec 11, 2014 9:23:29am

re: #299 lawhawk

Not the actual final vote on the bill, but on the rule(of debate). That’s if I’m multi-tasking reading correctly.

304 Fourth Football of the Apocalypse  Dec 11, 2014 9:23:31am

re:
#301

Is Rich Starbursts Lowry unhappy that the budget bill passed or is he OK with it because Republican?

305 Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 11, 2014 9:24:12am

re: #299 lawhawk

Hmmm… twitter isn’t embedding (odd)

I think that vote was to open debate on the bill, not passage of the bill itself.

306 Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 11, 2014 9:24:34am
307 lawhawk  Dec 11, 2014 9:25:34am

re: #303 nearly-headless smith25

Yup. It’s a procedural move, but if they couldn’t get it past this step, then it all falls apart.

308 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)  Dec 11, 2014 9:25:42am

re: #297 palomino

It was not inaccurate, it was seen as an elitist talking down to the Great Middle American gun-and-religion-clinging people.

309 Fourth Football of the Apocalypse  Dec 11, 2014 9:25:49am

I just checked and Larry Flynt is indeed still alive.

Wasn’t sure, thought he had passed recently.

310 b.d.  Dec 11, 2014 9:27:07am

re: #309 Fourth Football of the Apocalypse

I just checked and Larry Flynt is indeed still alive.

Wasn’t sure, thought he had passed recently.

When he does pass be sure that Chuck C Johnson will be the first to publish the addresses of his mourning loved ones.

311 iossarian  Dec 11, 2014 9:28:24am

re: #259 The Vicious Babushka

Ben Shapiro being a dick, as usual.

Jesus’s rules of war are to let the other guy kill you.

Inconvenient but true.

312 Lidane  Dec 11, 2014 9:28:53am

Countdown to the next GOP gubmint shutdown in 3..2…1…

313 palomino  Dec 11, 2014 9:29:50am

re: #308 Wendell Zurkowitz (slave to the waffle light)

And it was to some extent. Then again, those people deserve to be talked down to. They’re the albatross around the neck of America that prevents us from being a truly modern democracy.

314 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 9:39:36am
315 Eventual Carrion  Dec 11, 2014 9:43:07am

re: #314 The Vicious Babushka

What’s up with the “black sheet” of the family?

316 allegro  Dec 11, 2014 9:44:39am

re: #313 palomino

They’re also the ones who keep us fed. Just sayin’…

317 makeitstop  Dec 11, 2014 9:45:25am

The power of a good song - as of today, Hozier’s ‘Take Me To Church’ is the Number One song in the entire world. Number One, everywhere.

(Video slightly NSFW)

318 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 9:45:27am

re: #315 Eventual Carrion

What’s up with the “black sheet” of the family?

HURR HURR DON’T SAY WE IS RACIST, LOOK HERE AT ARE COLORED SHEETS!!!!1!!!!

HURR HURR DEMOCRATS IS TEH REAL RACISTS!!!!! TEH KKK OF 1870 WAS ALL TEH DEMOCRAPS & NOT EVEN 1 REPUBLICAN!!!!!!!!

319 makeitstop  Dec 11, 2014 9:45:40am

re: #315 Eventual Carrion

What’s up with the “black sheet” of the family?

Diversity!

320 Lidane  Dec 11, 2014 9:50:39am

Pro-tip for the vape / e-cig folks — if I can smell your cappucino flavored vapor across the street from where your smoke cloud has obscured your car, you might want to consider adjusting the settings.

321 nearly-headless smith25  Dec 11, 2014 9:53:04am

re: #320 Lidane

Pro-tip for the vape / e-cig folks — if I can smell your cappucino flavored vapor across the street from where your smoke cloud has obscured your car , you might want to consider adjusting the settings.

Nothings wrong with my smoking. It’s my Freedumbbb

322 HappyWarrior  Dec 11, 2014 9:54:25am

re: #285 Dr. Matt

Has anyone come across this younger pic of the ginger avenger?

Embedded Image

He looks like what I imagine Newt did younger.

323 Franklin  Dec 11, 2014 9:55:01am
324 iossarian  Dec 11, 2014 9:55:42am

re: #322 HappyWarrior

He looks like what I imagine Newt did younger.

Newt, Grover, Chuck…

What’s up with these people?

325 Blind Frog Belly White  Dec 11, 2014 9:56:01am

re: #316 allegro

They’re also the ones who keep us fed. Just sayin’…

Only about 2% of Americans work on or own farms. And he wasn’t talking about them. Here’s what he said:

You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not.
And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

326 Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 11, 2014 9:56:46am

oh my…this other photo just showed up on my TL:

327 iossarian  Dec 11, 2014 9:57:38am

re: #323 Franklin

I’d really like to see that “postgrad” broken down into PhD vs. professional (JD, MBA etc.).

I reckon there’s a whole bunch of right-wing MBAs and lawyers who scraped through their Chemistry distribution requirement and never look seriously at science again.

328 allegro  Dec 11, 2014 10:00:40am

oh my…this other photo just showed up on my TL:

In both photos I’ve seen he’s holding the gun sideways. Isn’t that a “thug” thing?

329 Lidane  Dec 11, 2014 10:06:53am

re: #328 allegro

He’s deep undercover!

330 Dr. Matt  Dec 11, 2014 10:07:11am

re: #327 iossarian

Another possibility is arrogance of post-grad TPers, i.e., the more education, the more arrogance and ignorance towards anything that opposes their already narrow worldview.

331 klystron  Dec 11, 2014 10:08:55am

We have had maybe a minute of solid rain like I haven’t seen in YEARS and certainly not here, but it has reverted to more normal levels of precipitation now.

World has not ended.

332 Lidane  Dec 11, 2014 10:09:24am

re: #327 iossarian

It also depends on where that post-grad was done.

333 Archangelus  Dec 11, 2014 10:09:51am

re: #328 allegro

Dunno, but it’s pretty much a dumb unprofessional way of holding a firearm, period.

334 #FergusonFireside  Dec 11, 2014 10:09:55am
335 iossarian  Dec 11, 2014 10:11:35am

re: #332 Lidane

It also depends on where that post-grad was done.

Yes, although quite how you remain an accredited PhD program if you’re churning out large numbers of people who are way outside the scientific consensus is a bit of a head-scratcher.

336 klystron  Dec 11, 2014 10:12:40am

re: #335 iossarian

Not all Ph.D.s are science-related.

I suspect the literature ones don’t care, for example. And engineering attracts its share of …”free thinkers.”

337 Franklin  Dec 11, 2014 10:13:22am

From the article:

If Chuck Johnson v. Charles Johnson is ever filed, I will intervene and ask the judge to force one of them to change their names.

338 Fourth Football of the Apocalypse  Dec 11, 2014 10:14:55am

But Chuck c. Johnson hates lawyers for what they do to the economy, etc.

339 iossarian  Dec 11, 2014 10:16:45am

re: #336 klystron

Not all Ph.D.s are science-related.

True, true.

I still think the breakdown would be intriguing.

340 The Vicious Babushka  Dec 11, 2014 10:24:21am
341 BlueSpotinAL  Dec 11, 2014 11:00:03am

re: #285 Dr. Matt

See the sign in the background that the Ginger Avenger misunderstood? It says “Emergency Evacuation Plan”. #poopgate

342 RealityBasedSteve  Dec 11, 2014 12:35:47pm

re: #294 Dr. Matt

Larry Flynt does not look happy

Embedded Image

Larry: “Hey Kid… why don’t you scat”

Ginger Avenger: “No thanks Larry, I already have”

NFL: Donald Trump Says Players Protesting During US National Anthem Should Be Fired NFL owners: if you want to be as popular as our president is (with Neo nazis, KKK, and alt righters) and as unpopular as he is in mainstream america, then fire one of the protesting players. Last year, quarterback ...
1 hour, 41 minutes ago
Iran Tests Missile Despite Trump Pressure Iran says it has successfully tested a new-medium range missile, in defiance of US President Donald Trump. The launch of the Khoramshahr missile, which has a range of 2,000 km (1,242 miles), was shown on state TV. It is ...
1 hour, 45 minutes ago
Russia Turns on Morgan Freeman Over Election ‘War’ Video Want to weed some alt right Putin pawns from your twitter fee? Just look for the ones attacking Morgan Freeman with Russia Today meme and themes this week. Russia has aimed its entire media arsenal at the veteran Hollywood ...
1 hour, 46 minutes ago
Scientists Closing in on the Dawn of Plate Tectonics But over time the world gradually became less bleak. Today Earth also harbors light-colored rocks, like the granite that composes Half Dome in Yosemite National Park. But scientists remain uncertain as to when the world started to transition from ...
Expert’s Advice: Don’t Engage With the Alt-Right on Campus The event, organized by the campus’s Division of Equity and Inclusion, comes ahead of a series of student-sponsored events next Sunday through Wednesday that are expected to bring right-wing speakers to campus for noon and evening rallies, although the ...
Mass Protest in Philippines Over Duterte ‘Dictatorship’ Opponents criticised Mr Duterte's open threat to reinstate martial law and his brutal war on drugs that has killed thousands. Thousands also attended rival pro-Duterte rallies. Mr Duterte's own son Paolo is facing allegations of drug trafficking. The president ...
the Killers - Run for CoverArtists: The KillersDirected By: Tarik MikouCo-Directed By: Eric MorinWritten By: Flowers, Stoermer, Vannucci, Price, Cameron, Lee, MarleyProducers: Jacknife Lee, Daniel Jean, Olivier Picard, David Pierrat(C) 2017 Island Records, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc. vevo.ly
(12) LATEST: 7.1 Magnitude Quake Kills 119 as Buildings Crumble in MexicoMexico’s federal government says the death toll in a magnitude 7.1 earthquake has risen to 119.
Exploring Child Marriage Around the World The age at which people first marry can have long-lasting implications for their physical, economic and social well-being -- particularly when marriage first happens at a young age. As part of our forthcoming global research on child marriage, we ...
Birth Control Works
Failing Charter Schools Have a Reincarnation Plan — ProPublica This past June, Florida’s top education agency delivered a failing grade to the Orange Park Performing Arts Academy in suburban Jacksonville for the second year in a row. It designated the charter school for kindergarten through fifth grade as ...
Birth Control Works