Photos: Bizarre Scenes From the Oregon Standoff

The delusional militia
US News • Views: 44,548

Alyosha  Jan 10, 2016 • 9:51:35pm

‘This is your brain on patriot’s catnip.’

Joe Bacon  Jan 10, 2016 • 9:53:21pm

Looking at that picture makes me remember how Reagan closed the mental hospitals in California and just dumped those helpless people out on the street…

sagehen  Jan 10, 2016 • 9:58:42pm

re: #2 Joe Bacon

But first… he made it illegal for them (or anybody else) to wander around strapped for the zombie apocalypse.

Teukka  Jan 10, 2016 • 10:02:06pm

Sheesh. A wingnut on a chat I frequent just posted a video which purportedly is of a German woman in Cologne being dragged down into the subway and raped by “Islamic and North African Rapists”.

It has a couple of interesting tells, the first one being the sign which literarilly reads only “No Smoking”.

Am I wrong, but isn’t signage in German public transit usually marked in German only or German and English, as well as using pictograms?

The other tell I’ve found so far is that Cologne has a Stadtbahn, not a U-bahn, the latter being the subway.

E66HBzUviJ25329P51Ck1EPGYldMYwhN8Bj/31CkUc4+1m3cO8SE2NGDzsjcjnKvLAtbaUvvPMQpG0LwgYR72/pI2TmdOyKw62XSSRbVZ5ikQjaho018dN9+45mVoFlpkV4ApKJZPZKCR2j1B68xTznp2bwbulDLHBRLaL3ThSP1jTnkcSUS69Zo0BQ2d90txl7XBNBBOO9UelTU29SHiT7TYQkepVDX02kzF7BCme5dErEpGyem9OLbTaVGJ/eX2CtxHTyBnKWIz/fKuF94N3i7oslxxErc99Ndi1+AX3hmhxs6n4fgVZNqVPrhhByxib5wpj3Ir8vJ+KZ7gxcJO4GTXjPEe6NcZO0oEWxYXnIFZIHaC/cxeRmZEyESTBMPX0C4Gh4GL4r7ZN7OPxF8ZPKGud0uBuAkY3r209TbW/JCraO6PKX7JaOv9/Pbc9Nx

sagehen  Jan 10, 2016 • 10:05:54pm

re: #4 Teukka

The woman screaming “help!! HELP!” didn’t sound German to me…

Pawn of the Oppressor  Jan 10, 2016 • 10:06:35pm

re: #4 Teukka

Without seeing it, I’m going to go ahead and call it an edited clip from a ten-year-old straight-to-video action/drama movie.

Teukka  Jan 10, 2016 • 10:07:32pm

re: #6 Pawn of the Oppressor

Having seen it, I would call it video of some other event than the ones in Cologne.

Pawn of the Oppressor  Jan 10, 2016 • 10:11:57pm

re: #7 Teukka

It wouldn’t load for me, but usually these things are edits of fictional videos.

I don’t remember seeing any no smoking signs in English in Germany, but I haven’t been over there in more than ten years, so it may have changed now.

Teukka  Jan 10, 2016 • 10:21:57pm

re: #8 Pawn of the Oppressor

Most places are moving to English + Native Tounges + Pictogram signs here in the EU.
A single-language sign would read “RAUCHEN VERBOTEN” in Germany.
And yea, facebook vids expire quickly, which is probably why they share it the video link directly and not the group page which originally shared it.
*smh*

ausador  Jan 10, 2016 • 10:37:37pm

Abused dog that cowers and screams when approached transformed into playful pup by patience and kindness. I cried…

***WARNING VERY LOUD***
An abused dog is stroked for the first time

I Stand With Planned Parenthood  Jan 10, 2016 • 10:39:44pm

for real?

ausador  Jan 10, 2016 • 10:44:09pm

re: #11 I Stand With Planned Parenthood

for real?

If so media confirmation won’t take long. Been an awful lot of people declared dead on Twitter that weren’t, I’ll wait for second source.

Jay C  Jan 10, 2016 • 10:46:39pm

re: #11 I Stand With Planned Parenthood

for real?

Not according to the NYT, which had an article on him up just an hour ago (ET)

Odie Hugh Manatee  Jan 10, 2016 • 10:51:23pm

Yahoo has this

Sad if true…

ETA: Wiki has no change.

klys (maker of Silmarils)  Jan 10, 2016 • 10:52:40pm

re: #14 Odie Hugh Manatee

Timothy Watson  Jan 10, 2016 • 10:54:26pm

(Never mind, didn’t seen someone had already posted the tweet.)

Charles Johnson  Jan 10, 2016 • 10:54:37pm

Wow. That’s a shock. And he just released one of the best records of his career.

Jay C  Jan 10, 2016 • 10:57:06pm

And unlike some celebs, with (AFAICR), no indication (to the public, anyway) that he was sick. Shock indeed.

Odie Hugh Manatee  Jan 10, 2016 • 10:58:38pm

Wow… very sad. Rest in peace Ziggy.

ausador  Jan 10, 2016 • 10:59:43pm

Confirmed by his publicist and his Twitter and Facebook pages. :(

klys (maker of Silmarils)  Jan 10, 2016 • 11:03:05pm

re: #20 ausador

And his son.

Single-handed sailor  Jan 10, 2016 • 11:04:36pm

RIP David Bowie. My first Bowie album had this creepy little ditty.

David Bowie - Please Mr Grave Digger

Unabogie  Jan 10, 2016 • 11:04:50pm

Wow. Didn’t even know he was ill.

Timothy Watson  Jan 10, 2016 • 11:08:35pm

Kinda weird because one of his songs was used in an episode of Fringe I was watching earlier today, plus Charles posting a video a couple hours ago. Here’s the song which was used on Fringe:
DAVID BOWIE_____THE MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD

Ziggy_TARDIS  Jan 10, 2016 • 11:12:09pm

RIP Bowie

teleskiguy  Jan 10, 2016 • 11:16:05pm

David Bowie passed through this moral coil suddenly and without word. Geez, man. What a bummer.

I’m at a loss.

The song that hooked me.

David Bowie – Space Oddity [OFFICIAL VIDEO]

The Ghost of a Flea  Jan 10, 2016 • 11:19:46pm

Not a lot of artists that have moved me as much as Bowie. He was a great composer.

I loved that he kept changing his style in bold and unpredictable ways.. I loved that he balanced the raw and the crafty aspects of poetics.

I’m going to miss him. Much less than his family—dear God, I didn’t know he had kids—but as a fan it’s hard to imagine him not being the almost subsonic undercurrent of music.

Shit. I don’t think I’ve actually been this sad about a celebrity death before. Good night.

I Stand With Planned Parenthood  Jan 10, 2016 • 11:20:15pm

I think it’s hoax,

klys (maker of Silmarils)  Jan 10, 2016 • 11:20:46pm

re: #28 I Stand With Planned Parenthood

I think it’s hoax,

A hoax that his son has confirmed?

TedStriker  Jan 10, 2016 • 11:20:47pm

Talk about going out on a high note, as it were.

Getting old sucks.

TedStriker  Jan 10, 2016 • 11:21:41pm

re: #28 I Stand With Planned Parenthood

I think it’s hoax,

See the tweet from his son Duncan above…no hoax, sadly.

Odie Hugh Manatee  Jan 10, 2016 • 11:26:08pm
I Stand With Planned Parenthood  Jan 10, 2016 • 11:26:08pm

#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 200126We are still pulling about 4-6 gallons of water a day.We're digging a little deeper as we go, and pounding the boards down further an inch at a time.The center layer of sand is probably still a foot and a ...
Dangerman (slowly converting a pool into a pond)
Brandi Carlile - the Times They Are A-Changin’ (Live on KEXP) Come senators, congressmen Please heed the call Don't stand in the doorway Don't block up the hall For he that gets hurt Will be he who has stalled There's a battle outside And it is ragin'. It'll soon shake ...
Cage the Elephant - Broken Boy (Audio) Ft. Iggy Pop “Broken Boy” feat. Iggy Pop available now: smarturl.it Get Cage The Elephant’s latest album ‘Social Cues’: smarturl.it I was born on the wrong side of the train tracksI was raised with a strap across my backLay me on my ...
3 days ago
Wolf Parade - Julia Take Your Man Home [OFFICIAL VIDEO]"Julia Take Your Man Home" from the album Thin Mind (Release Date: January 24, 2020) megamart.subpop.com Spotify: u.subpop.comAppleMusic: u.subpop.comAmazon: amazon.com Wolf ParadeFacebook: facebook.comBandcamp: wolfparade.bandcamp.comInstagram: instagram.comTwitter: @WolfParade VIDEO CREDITS: Animation by Chad VanGaalen YouTube
3 days ago
Stay ‘97 Listen to this bass - Gail Ann is superb. Previously this version was only available as a bootleg. Provided to YouTube by Rhino/ParlophoneStay '97 · David Bowie Stay '97 ℗ 2020 Jones/Tintoretto Entertainment Company LLC under exclusive licence to ...
3 days ago
Black Pumas - Fire (Official Live Session) Black Pumas’ debut album is available now - limited edition vinyl, CD and digital formats: smarturl.it FOLLOW BLACK PUMASTour Dates: theblackpumas.comFacebook: facebook.comTwitter: @blackpumasmusicInstagram: instagram.com Video Directed by Amos David McKayVideo Filmed at Arlyn Studios – Austin, TX LYRICSI’ve got ...
Sergio Mendes & Brasil 66 - Mas Que Nada (Introduced by Eartha Kitt / Something Special 1967)Sergio Mendes & Brasil 66 - Mas que nada, from Eartha Kitt's Something Special 1967.
Wes Montgomery - Here’s That Rainy Day - Live London 1965Stan Tracey (piano) Wes Montgomery (guitar) Rick Laird (bass) Jackie Dougan (drums)Television broadcast, "Tempo", ABC TV, London, England, May 7, 1965
Halsey - You Should Be Sad (Lyric Video) Halsey’s new album ‘Manic’ out now! halsey.lnk.toiTunes: halsey.lnk.toSpotify: halsey.lnk.to Apple Music: halsey.lnk.toAmazon: halsey.lnk.toGoogle Play: halsey.lnk.to Get tickets to #ManicWorldTour! Each ticket purchase comes with a physical copy of ‘Manic’.halsey.lnk.to Follow Halsey –Twitter: @halsey Facebook: facebook.com Instagram: instagram.comSpotify: halsey.lnk.toOfficial Site: ...
#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 200119Yup, some are now calling it "The Pondathon" The boards we pounded in to the sump last week were not long enough to reach bottom.We didnt want to spend all day sunday on this and lose a day. And we ...
Dangerman (slowly converting a pool into a pond)
Views: 3,214 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 2