The Sad Tale of the Milo Yiannopoulos Blue Checkmark Tantrum

This person is really not well
Weird • Views: 78,578

The most idiotic news from Twitter this week concerns malevolent self-hating weirdo Milo Yiannopoulos and the calamity that befell him recently.

You see, the Gamergate-exploiting Breitbrat has been behaving badly on Twitter, harassing women and engaging in what Twitter calls “targeted abuse,” and on Friday last week, Twitter’s safety and security team decided it was time to remove his little blue checkmark, the sign that his account was “verified.” Note that Yiannopoulos wasn’t unverified because he’s a “conservative,” but because he’s a well-known and extremely blatant serial abuser of women on Twitter.

And one of the most massive tantrums ever witnessed on Twitter has ensued, as Yiannopoulos did his best to enlist his legions of Gamergate chowderheads to scream and yell at Twitter until they give him back his checkmark, in which he apparently stores his self-esteem.

According to this mob of idiots, Milo is being “censored,” although he’s still posting up a storm, ranting and whining and crying and complaining and boasting and posting pictures of himself taking showers (really), with thousands of tweets on the subject of his “censorship” and a total lack of self-awareness.

Apparently, the censorship Milo is experiencing doesn’t involve actually being, you know, censored.

His followers started using the hashtag #jesuismilo, imitating the hashtag #jesuischarlie which sprang up when the journalists of French satirical journal Charlie Hebdo were murdered in a terrorist attack. Nobody ever accused these morons of a sense of proportionality, not to mention simple human decency.

Here’s just one of the thousands of crazed tweets Milo has posted since Friday, to give you a sense of how utterly unhinged he’s become since losing his cherished checkmark.

And here’s another tweet he posted, attacking a female journalist who wrote about his meltdown and pointed out some of the awful things he’s put on Twitter.

Yes, he was directing his tens of thousands of crazed followers to harass her, and that’s exactly what happened after his tweet.

But the reason I’m writing this tonight is that Milo and his crackpot corps of swivel-eyed cretins have now crossed the threshold into a dimension of entitled lunacy so extreme and ridiculous it’s actually become quite hilarious.

Because now they’ve filed a petition at the White House website asking President Obama to issue a statement demanding the restoration of Milo Yiannopoulos’s Twitter verification badge. Yes, they really did this.

So far they’ve got about 1% of the signatures they need to get the White House to respond to their moronic petition. Maybe if they scream and cry and keep throwing tantrums for the rest of the month they’ll be able to get the other 99%. But I doubt it.

Jump to top

Create a PageThis is the LGF Pages posting bookmarklet. To use it, drag this button to your browser's bookmark bar, and title it 'LGF Pages' (or whatever you like). Then browse to a site you want to post, select some text on the page to use for a quote, click the bookmarklet, and the Pages posting window will appear with the title, text, and any embedded video or audio files already filled in, ready to go.
Or... you can just click this button to open the Pages posting window right away.
Last updated: 2021-06-05 2:51 pm PDT
LGF User's Guide RSS Feeds Tweet

Help support Little Green Footballs!

Subscribe now for ad-free access!Register and sign in to a free LGF account before subscribing, and your ad-free access will be automatically enabled.

Donate with
PayPal
Cash.app Shop at amazon
as an LGF Associate!
Recent PagesClick to refresh
It Will Be Weeks to Understand Variant Omicron To see the headlines you would think we know a lot about Omicron. Terrifying "possibles" as the art of the click. But key things really must happen. This is simplified to keep this short. First, they need real blood ...
Rightwingconspirator
2 hours, 19 minutes ago
Views: 66 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 2
Tweets: 0 •
Justice Dept Sues Uber for Price Gouging the Disabled With “Wait Times”Justice Department Sues Uber for Overcharging People With Disabilities The Justice Department today filed a lawsuit against Uber Technologies Inc. (Uber) for charging “wait time” fees to passengers who, because of disability, need more time to enter a car. Uber’s ...
Thanos
1 week, 6 days ago
Views: 1,459 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 1
Tweets: 2 •
Be Alive (Original Song From the Motion Picture ‘King Richard’) Provided to YouTube by Parkwood Entertainment/Columbia Be Alive (Original Song from the Motion Picture "King Richard") · Beyoncé Be Alive (Original Song from the Motion Picture "King Richard") ℗ 2021 Parkwood Entertainment LLC, under exclusive license to Columbia Records, ...
Thanos
2 weeks, 4 days ago
Views: 1,236 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Tweets: 2 •