John Oliver Takes Donald Trump Apart
If you haven’t already watched the brilliant segment that John Oliver did last night, dismantling all the myths that are Donald’s entire appeal to his ill-informed supporters, DO SO NOW.
Oliver brilliantly, point by point, deconstructs all the myths that The Donald tells about himself:
1. He’s a successful businessman (he’s not)
2. He’s a billionaire (he makes up numbers off the top of his head, and they change depending on his mood)
3. He sues and wins (he never actually sues people-and when he does, he loses)
4. He tells is like it is (he LIES so much he can no longer distinguish reality from his own self-serving B.S.)
5. He’s self-funding his campaign (he’s spending none of his own money, and relies instead upon Free Media and donations from stupid dingbats)
6. He builds things (he doesn’t, and when he does, they are disasters)
So. The solution is to use Trump’s own tools against him: mockery.
His brand is based upon “name value.” Let’s take that away from him by referring to him now by his real name. Not Trump.
Also: Kudos to Oliver for this amazing bit of self-deprecation “I look like a nearsighted parrot that works at a bank.”