The Bob & Chez Show: Potential Grizzlies

Humor • Views: 37,947

MP3 Audio

Today’s program from our podcasting affiliate, The Bob & Chez Show:

Potential Grizzlies: The Trump Crisis Day 82; Trump gets the nuclear codes tomorrow; Numerous intelligence agencies probing Russia, money and Trump; Trump’s war on the press; Infowars gets scammed; Roger Stone insists he’s being poisoned; Elijah Cummings sounds the alarm; Trump isn’t writing his speech; Betsy DeVos is worried about bears in schools; We call Paul Ryan’s office about Obamacare; and more.

nines09  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:02:55pm

So my wife fired off a question to our Illustrious Senator From The Once Great State Of Pennsylvania, Pat Toomey. Here is his response. It just came it. Imagine my shock as he wants to work to ensure those later are fucked, not me or mine, just those people.
I’ve a dark heart.

Dear my wife…

Thank you for contacting me about Medicare and Social Security. I appreciate hearing from you.

Like many Americans, I believe that Medicare and Social Security are valuable programs that provide health care coverage and other important benefits for millions of seniors. As lawmakers from both sides of the aisle have noted, Medicare and Social Security programs are on an unsustainable course, especially over the long term.

The Social Security Administration and the Medicare program both have a board of trustees that release an annual report on the fiscal outlook of both programs. The most recent trustee reports for Social Security and Medicare estimates these programs will reach insolvency by 2028 and 2034, respectively.

Looking at the numbers, it is clear that these programs are on an unsustainable course. We cannot avoid the tough choices necessary to reform Medicare, Social Security, and other programs and make sure that they are fiscally sound for future generations. For this reason I support reform of these programs and am working with my Senate colleagues on this important issue. However, reforms should not impact current retirees or those nearing retirement. Please be assured that I value your input on reforming mandatory spending and will keep your concerns in mind.

Thank you again for your correspondence. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Signature

PAT TOOMEY

*spit spit spit spit*

freetoken  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:03:04pm

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

Eclectic Cyborg  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:03:31pm

“Okay Mr. Trump for the record the nuclear code is: EMAILS123.”

Myron Falwell  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:07:14pm

In about 18 hours, a real-life Armin Tamzarian gets crowned as a king.

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:07:17pm

re: #3 Eclectic Cyborg

Too complicated. All codes and passwords will be reset to TRUMP so he’ll be able to remember and spell them.

The Madness of King Orange (aka Sophist)  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:07:45pm

Well, this is it. It’s officially the last day I can think about my country without feeling a deep sense of shame. Starting tomorrow we will never be able NOT to be the country that put Donald Trump in complete control of our nuclear arsenal.

Hang on, folks, this is going to be one humiliation after another.

Myron Falwell  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:07:56pm

re: #5 Skip Intro

That’s still too complicated. How about “123?”

nines09  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:08:10pm

re: #3 Eclectic Cyborg

“Okay Mr. Trump for the record the nuclear code is: EMAILS123.”

“Check that sir. It’s now “Goldenshowersmoscowputinbitch”

freetoken  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:09:31pm

re: #6 The Madness of King Orange (aka Sophist)

Our nation-state has a very spotty past. Tomorrow may be a bad day, but ever since 1776 we’ve been full of all sorts of things for which I could be ashamed.

In some ways Trump is very American. Very very American. He’s the Ugly American made flesh.

KGxvi  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:10:00pm

re: #7 Myron Falwell

That’s still too complicated. How about “123?”

I’ve read that the combination on the nuclear football was actually “123”, so that in the event that something went down, it would be easy to open. I have no idea if that is even true, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:10:27pm

So where did the Twitter dots that I use to embed tweets go?

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:11:46pm

re: #9 freetoken

If only it was just Trump, but it’s not.

freetoken  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:12:24pm

re: #11 Skip Intro

The pull down carat on the top right of a tweet has all the functions now, yes?

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:13:42pm

re: #9 freetoken

We can date the High Point of the American Empire to September 10th, 2001.

We bounced back a bit in 2008 and had a pretty good chance at recovering, but tomorrow we start the slide down.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:14:26pm

Out the door and still trolling just fine:

wrenchwench  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:15:59pm
EPR-radar  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:16:00pm

re: #12 Skip Intro

If only it was just Trump, but it’s not.

Too true. The Republican party is a blight on civilization, the media has largely abandoned the idea of doing its job, and far too many voters are hateful bigots or are willfully blind to the hate and bigotry that form the core of the Republican party.

Trump by himself would be nothing if these issues weren’t also relevant.

William Lewis  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:16:54pm

re: #14 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

We can date the High Point of the American Empire to September 10th, 2001.

I have a good friend who argues that the US died on November 22, 1963 and that the corpse has simply been on life support ever since. Trump is merely pulling the plug.

freetoken  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:17:09pm

re: #14 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

I agree that 9/11 re-ignited the military obsession of our nation, and opened the door for a new era of bigotry.

But I would probably point out, in a larger discussion, that it was the Iranian hostage crisis and the election of Reagan that was the inflection point, from the progress that started with Wilson and went through Carter, as far as building a nation that was more willing to work for peace globally, and make the US itself more democratic and a society where equality was more valued.

klys (maker of Silmarils)  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:17:39pm

re: #9 freetoken

I mean. Slavery. Jim Crow. Internment camps.

Trump is awful. But there are a lot of awful things in our history. What there are also a lot of examples of in our history are Americans stepping up to do the right thing, even if it’s hard. Even if it takes time and the results aren’t immediate.

I intend to be an example.

lockjawcanbefun  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:17:41pm

Time for yet another great Jim Cornette rant.

Jim Cornette on Donald Trump’s Presidential Inauguration

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:20:49pm
Myron Falwell  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:20:50pm

re: #13 freetoken

The pull down carat on the top right of a tweet has all the functions now, yes?

That’s the case with the Twitter iPhone app.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:21:16pm

re: #18 William Lewis

re: #19 freetoken

Both are key dates, and there is no particular event that can be held up as the very event that brought about the end of the American Era.

But I am pretty damn sure that January 20th, 2017 will be closely associated with that development.

Stanley Sea  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:21:45pm
Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:22:11pm

re: #13 freetoken

The pull down carat on the top right of a tweet has all the functions now, yes?

Why wasn’t I consulted about this?

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:22:48pm

re: #21 lockjawcanbefun

I wish someone would bite off his finger.

Bubblehead II  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:23:13pm

OT. We have seen the show orphan black. I wonder why we haven’t seen a show called Orphan Socks :0

TedStriker  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:23:24pm

re: #3 Eclectic Cyborg

“Okay Mr. Trump for the record the nuclear code is: EMAILS123.”

re: #5 Skip Intro

Spaceballs 12345

I Would Prefer Not To  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:23:35pm

re: #26 Skip Intro

Why wasn’t I consulted about this?

IN HONOR OF tRUMP WE SENT THE MEMO VIA PONY EXPRESS

freetoken  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:23:52pm

re: #26 Skip Intro

Why wasn’t I consulted about this?

No one asks us little people.

Facebook changes stuff all the time, breaks everything, doesn’t seem to ask anyone.

Google “retires” functionality all the time… no one asked me. I still lament the loss of the sidebar from Google searches a couple of years ago.

Timothy Watson  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:24:07pm

re: #26 Skip Intro

Why wasn’t I consulted about this?

Who moved your cheese?

freetoken  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:24:25pm

re: #21 lockjawcanbefun

Knows how to cut a promo.

Stanley Sea  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:25:49pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:27:06pm

re: #34 Stanley Sea

*blink*

but of course…

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:27:25pm

re: #18 William Lewis

For those of us who were there, that’s pretty accurate. Everything changed that day, then when Oswald was murdered the conspiracy industry was born, undermining everything that came after.

It’s been a pure shitshow ever since, with the elevation of Trump being the fly on top of the dung heap.

Stanley Sea  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:27:30pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:29:00pm
sagehen  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:29:04pm

He just couldn’t bring himself to live in a world where Trump is President.

(alternatively…. “Over my dead body!!”)

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:29:53pm

re: #34 Stanley Sea

Just hope they aren’t going to strafe the protestors.

Big Beautiful Door  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:31:18pm

re: #34 Stanley Sea

But Vlad had tanks at his inauguration! I WANT TANKS, DAMMITT!!!

wrenchwench  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:33:41pm
electrotek  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:34:24pm
William Lewis  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:35:07pm

re: #41 Big Beautiful Door

But Vlad had tanks at his inauguration! I WANT TANKS, DAMMITT!!!

Pardon me while I say Tank God to the DOD…

I pity the poor bastards in the 3rd U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard) for the foreseeable future.

William Lewis  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:35:48pm

re: #43 electrotek

If she did, seriously, it might be one way to stop her self destructive behavior.

nines09  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:36:16pm

re: #36 Skip Intro

I was 12 years old walking home from school which was a 9 block walk wondering why people were crying. Then I asked a little old lady who was sitting on a stoop crying what was happening. Her exact words and I will never forget them was, “They shot him. They killed him”. I said who, what? “Kennedy. They shot him. He’s dead. He’s dead.” I staggered off to go home and later that night witnessed on live TV the murder of Lee Harvey. I remember I jumped up and screamed “IS THAT REAL???? IS THAT REAL??” as my parents just went crazy.

TedStriker  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:36:30pm

re: #44 William Lewis

Pardon me while I say Tank God to the DOD…

I pity anyone who has to salute that sorry excuse of a man after 1201 tomorrow…

Myron Falwell  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:37:45pm
William Lewis  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:37:54pm

Current Mood:

en.wikipedia.org

Patricia Kayden  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:37:57pm

re: #1 nines09

“However, reforms should not impact current retirees or those nearing retirement.”

So basically, you won’t be screwed but your children and grandchildren can suck rocks.

Arkansawyer  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:37:58pm

re: #37 Stanley Sea

Why did I watch that??? He is beyond drunk. He’s having to catch himself from letting out hiccups and sounds like his listeners who corner me at the bar and want to tell me the “real truth”.

wrenchwench  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:37:58pm

re: #42 wrenchwench

Needing my password does slow me down.

William Lewis  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:38:29pm

re: #47 TedStriker

I pity anyone who has to salute that sorry excuse of a man after 1201 tomorrow…

The office, never the man. That’s the mantra that keeps you sane.

gocart mozart  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:39:42pm
Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:39:55pm

re: #50 Patricia Kayden

“Should not” does not mean “will not”. They should not impact them as long as they can make do with less, or nothing at all.

Myron Falwell  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:40:47pm
Stanley Sea  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:41:09pm

re: #51 Arkansawyer

I didn’t watch! Is it still on?

electrotek  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:41:58pm

re: #45 William Lewis

True. But on the flipside, I don’t want her to become the splitting image of Jenna Jameson after she converted to Judaism and became a hardcore deplorable wingnut spewing anti-Muslim vitriol.

Convert zeal, never underestimate it.

Arkansawyer  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:42:59pm

re: #57 Stanley Sea

I didn’t watch! Is it still on?

I’m guessing so. It was when I posted that.

Stanley Sea  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:44:31pm

re: #59 Arkansawyer

I’m guessing so. It was when I posted that.

Nah, on 2nd thought.

Arkansawyer  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:45:46pm

re: #60 Stanley Sea

Nah, on 2nd thought.

You’ve chosen wisely.

Stanley Sea  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:46:20pm
Myron Falwell  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:48:40pm

re: #62 Stanley Sea

The internet is forever.

gocart mozart  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:48:45pm
nines09  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:48:49pm

re: #50 Patricia Kayden

That was and is the patent argument since day one. Not you. Oh no…Not YOU. You deserve it. We would never hurt you. It’s those other people. You know. Because. Now go back to sleep, we have people to hurt. just the wind……just the wind…

That selfishness and betrayal is the ink that darkens my soul. I hold those who would do this and vote this in complete contempt. “Oh, it can’t go on.” Yes it could. They could raise the rates the extremely wealthy pay into it. “What? Don’t they suffer enough? Who will give us jobs??!!??” fugem.

InfidelOfFreedom  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:49:13pm

Needed this…

Myron Falwell  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:50:01pm

This clip from “The American President” is pretty appropriate. And he’s right.

The American President - America isn’t easy

Birth Control Works  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:52:12pm
It was the Christian Reformed Church that opened Holland Christian Schools and Calvin College in nearby Grand Rapids. Betsy DeVos, 59, is an alum of both and was raised during the 1960s and 1970s in the Christian Reformed tradition. (Her brother, Erik Prince, is a former Navy SEAL and the founder of Blackwater, the private-security contractor infamous for its role during the Iraq War.) During those years, that often meant growing up in a home that forbade dancing, movies, drinking, working on Sundays, or even participating in the city’s May tulip festival, with its Dutch folk costumes and dancing in wooden shoes. Holland Christian Schools’ ban on teaching evolution wasn’t lifted until 1991, according to Larry Ten Harmsel, the author of Dutch in Michigan. (DeVos left the Christian Reformed Church about a decade ago and has been a member of the evangelical Mars Hill Bible Church.)

Shameless Page Promotion

stpaulbear  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:56:30pm

I called my senators (Franken and Klobuchar) and congressms. (McCollum) on break at work today. About all I can say to them is keep doing what you’re doing and don’t give in an inch. Make them fucking own everything. Franken is always going to be great, Klobuchar almost always great, and McCollum consistently really good.

I also called Ryans office (voicemail system from hell) to tell him to stop fucking with the ACA, medicare and medicaid before people die. I called McConnel’s office too and the bastard doesn’t let you leave voicemail.

I told someone from work that I’m going to drink booze tomorrow for the first time since 1984. I was joking but it’s almost a good enough reason.

Birth Control Works  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:57:21pm
Yes, it is. In fact, it’s an act of patriotism.

Shamless Page Promotion

Regarding Rep John Lewis

Birth Control Works  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:57:59pm

re: #69 stpaulbear

They may be fucking with VAWA as well.

I am not happy.

stpaulbear  Jan 19, 2017 • 3:59:02pm

re: #3 Eclectic Cyborg

“Okay Mr. Trump for the record the nuclear code is: EMAILS123.”

One of the comments on a WaPo story this morning was that, as long as the code is more than 140 characters, we’re safe.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:01:02pm

re: #64 gocart mozart

oh, that was beyond painful.
On multiple levels.

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:01:32pm

re: #72 stpaulbear

Not true. Trump will give it to his kids and Jared. Bannon too, probably.

Birth Control Works  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:02:10pm
lockjawcanbefun  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:03:40pm

re: #62 Stanley Sea

At least they made it easier for folks like this:

wired.com

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:05:04pm

re: #75 Birth Control Works

Already denied:

On the heels of a report that the NFL asked Lady Gaga to avoid politics during her Super Bowl LI halftime performance, the league has denied the conversation took place.

According to Sophie Schillaci of etonline.com, a source said the NFL would not permit Gaga to take part in any political demonstrations in conjunction with her halftime show: “Lady Gaga was told by the NFL that she cannot say anything or bring anything up about the election, or mention [President-elect] Donald Trump.”

Per Christopher D. Shea of the New York Times, NFL spokeswoman Natalie Ravitz begged to differ in a statement: “This is unsourced nonsense from people trying to stir up controversy where there is none. … Lady Gaga is focused on putting together an amazing show for fans, and we love working with her on it; we aren’t going to be distracted by this.”

bleacherreport.com

Birth Control Works  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:05:10pm
Birth Control Works  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:06:42pm
InfidelOfFreedom  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:07:28pm

Excuse me while I panic for a moment… WTF IS GOING ON!?!

Birth Control Works  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:07:28pm

ill b there!

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:07:34pm

re: #78 Birth Control Works

Must be the god who killed everybody in the world except for a family of incestuous drunks.

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:10:30pm

Birth Control Works  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:10:46pm

re: #82 Skip Intro

“Make America Great Again” again.

Stanley Sea  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:12:30pm

re: #81 Birth Control Works

ill b there!

I’m trying to make a pussy hat out of an existing pink knitted scarf for the walk in Riverside Co.

pussyhatproject.com

Birth Control Works  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:12:53pm
Birth Control Works  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:13:15pm

re: #85 Stanley Sea

pussyhatproject.com

I ordered mine off Etsy. got it in a day!

nines09  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:14:02pm

re: #86 Birth Control Works

Just in time to maybe gain a seat on Trump’s ICE or DEA team?

Patricia Kayden  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:14:15pm

re: #80 InfidelOfFreedom

Hmmm. Why would anyone have expected anything different? Trump has never come off as a competent person. He has bankrupted several businesses, started a fake University, refused to pay vendors for services rendered, and hasn’t paid personal taxes for at least 18 years. Who expected him to get his act together just because he was elected to the highest office in the land? He’s a grifter.

We’re in for a rough ride. Make sure your seatbelt is on.

FormerDirtDart  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:17:17pm
Belafon  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:17:25pm
EPR-radar  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:17:55pm

re: #78 Birth Control Works

“God answered all our prayers with Trump” is perfectly correct if the god being prayed to was one of Lovecraft’s Great Old Ones.

Charles Johnson  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:19:25pm

New feature when you reload the page!

Somebody asked the other day if there was a way to directly save an image posted in a comment to your LGF Image Library. Well, now there is.

When you hover over the image, you’ll see a menu button at upper right now (instead of the Twitter logo that used to be there), and when you click it, a dropdown menu will appear, with two options: Save to Image Library, and Tweet. If you click to Save to Image Library, the image will be copied into your personal Image Library. Tweet does what it says, lets you tweet the image.

Here’s an image to check it out with. Remember, you have to reload the page first to get the new Javascript loaded.

By Paul Bond
HappyWarrior  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:21:13pm

re: #90 FormerDirtDart

These pissed off miners better take out their anger on the Republicans this time instead of buying right wing lies.

HappyWarrior  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:21:28pm

I only saw him in Traffic but he was good in that.

nines09  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:21:51pm

And how am I supposed to remember all this??!!!??

Nice work.

HappyWarrior  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:24:05pm

NSIn16KEQt3dd2IWr9u5SGgwWJpoUalhgqJ0XkCzab1bbv21kbkCmPpoznBeTuSvkjSO+lHvy5YcAsgY0D+5PQJT+wyP5AgWcNzhaDcnzeHiHchnOD8qFiB2qR71Y/uScktnAC1ATO6MWvTdbUqulEM3EEarmfmgP4KlwgVqsLBLwKmHKoi8+8LmAifTiKxzvuB6J8BmHbP2kJ7TcJJNlNYaRCEfQrkYrIZeOD2nnnuzpoWBkVyk/GW2/vJgilzMSH5flAHbc6zYMz+fo3sLhW1lfwKrqdhVDuy+10I0frMWXFeUrGA3l4qwXhIEmSZw88/WyY2xzCPM4x5BgP+BzYsEhjo1i4ucB+0EtF2mCSEcrN/S1eOBqXX53TfsJC+uyhaMzHRKOzo0GdiDmsiulyvMlWnbsCP0

EPR-radar  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:25:14pm

re: #94 HappyWarrior

I’ll believe that when I see it.

Charles Johnson  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:25:20pm

I’m not going to lie. I’m depressed as hell about what’s going to happen tomorrow. And angrier than I’ve been in years. This is so fucked up.

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:25:20pm

re: #88 nines09

Just in time to maybe gain a seat on Trump’s ICE or DEA team?

Just in time to make a nice donation to Trump’s foundation in return for being released.

Birth Control Works  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:25:49pm

Try Sci-Fi, I find it helps tremendously.

nines09  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:27:23pm

re: #100 Skip Intro

He’ll flip to “Fed evidence” and have a nice room at Mara Lago. And paid.
And Trump surrogates will access coca supply contacts. Quid pro quo.

HappyWarrior  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:28:11pm

re: #98 EPR-radar

I’ll believe that when I see it.

I didn’t say they would. I said they better. It’s a shame. I’m proud of being a miner’s great grandson. These idiots just said fuck you to the sacrifices made by my great grandfathers by voting for a bigoted asshole liar.

HappyWarrior  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:29:02pm

I’m trying to focus on other things like my health, ancestry research, and trip planning for the summer but I feel ya. I’m angry and I’m sad too.

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:29:06pm

re: #94 HappyWarrior

Snort! Right.

x27RaXvBL5cSWIOap4E6VGRUekdH0USs2Q1mR3ikbxzq9+1zfxwJ2b5HCbAhZIZ8PK4uyEpcMPr6508QPibifkNLP2IdRAU1BBA18amrzUZWYOP3sY/tbSx6Bm5xOo43wJQM9gUFuSxaObf71lMTiCJrjLmIk1dpZnqojdOu6/TtWW/n8JJwaBEDyHPJ0MxG

I decided to make this private because I don’t want to give DimJim story ideas.

Birth Control Works  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:29:22pm
HappyWarrior  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:30:04pm

re: #106 Skip Intro

Snort! Right.

I decided to make this private because I don’t want to give DimJim story ideas.

ZRZTJU4mGE94D//mgv1M001gC0hg53tXk0zqGhSxqun/bD8deNEXjb77sPNjzWLzTBgGFv3f7x8nDb4e9Az1wGO8WrermEFlcvi5mwGjt27yu5butDIHG7TdWS6yq3CFHnIoPcxRJZAmpEziVzYzhWb0Y9tDQPGKDOpADdR05zRxY1n5wfWND9uUT4Oh2mZD+KWgjKTZZ6KNf/r3FBRDvA==

Ace Rothstein  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:30:46pm
Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:31:35pm

re: #107 Birth Control Works

Sure to be in Trump’s “speech” tomorrow.

Trump will look out at the small crowd, declare it to be the biggest one in history, and attack the media for using distortion lenses to fool people.

Birth Control Works  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:33:54pm

a number of men on my fb feed are marching on Saturday.

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:34:32pm

re: #105 HappyWarrior

Trip planning has gotten trickier for me. For example, I don’t want to be within 50 miles of Steve King’s district because that place has to be an insane asylum without walls. Same goes for districts in another dozen or so states. I may not be able to get where I want to go from here by driving any more.

Ace Rothstein  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:35:45pm

In that photo, he’s “writing” his speech with a Sharpie. No one writes anything with a Sharpie.

Birth Control Works  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:36:22pm

been bingeing Agent’s of Shield. Enjoying it more than I thought I would.

HappyWarrior  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:37:29pm

re: #112 Skip Intro

Not going to have to worry about that where I’m going- Germany, Belgium, & Netherlands.

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:37:43pm

Has CNN fired up the empty podium cam yet?

Birth Control Works  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:37:46pm

from my fb:

SOME MORE EXAMPLES OF PARDONS and COMMUTATIONS. If you don’t know history, stop being ignorant and do some research!

President George Washington pardoned, commuted or rescinded the convictions of 16 people during his term. Among them are:

Philip Vigol (or Wigle), convicted of treason in the Whiskey Rebellion
John Mitchell, convicted of treason in the Whiskey Rebellion
George Dunbar Usher of Bristol, RI. Pardoned
Federalist President John Adams pardoned, commuted or rescinded the convictions of 21 people during his term.. Among them are:
David Bradford, for his role in the Whiskey Rebellion
John Fries, for his role in Fries’s Rebellion; convicted of treason due to opposition to a tax; Fries and others were pardoned, and a general amnesty was issued for everyone involved.
John Scotchlar, for stealing rigging from the new USS Constitution. Pay the fine; avoid lashing.

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:39:01pm

re: #116 HappyWarrior

Two words of advice for Germany. Don’t walk in the bike lanes, and whatever you do, don’t drive in the left lane.

Ace Rothstein  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:39:59pm

We had eight years of an adult in the White House. Not one single person in his cabinet was ever accused of any wrongdoing. Not one.

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:40:44pm

re: #120 Ace Rothstein

I believe Trump advisor Peter Thiel said that “was boring”.

Birth Control Works  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:42:07pm
The Vicious Babushka  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:42:11pm

We need a gif of Lincoln vomiting

lawhawk  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:42:51pm

re: #120 Ace Rothstein

Not entirely true. The GOP constantly accused Obama of treason, his Sec. State Clinton of criminal wrongdoing.

But not a single criminal charge ever was handed down. No indictments. No convictions. No sentences. Nothing.

Not a goddamned thing. 8 years of incessant right wing bleating about criminality and it was all bullshit. All obstructionism all the time, and the GOP got away with it. And now they get to seat a president who’ll further their agenda (and help Putin in the process).

Tomorrow is gonna suck something fierce.

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:42:54pm

re: #123 The Vicious Babushka

I’d like a GIF of him kicking them both down the stairs.

Charles Johnson  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:43:03pm
Ace Rothstein  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:43:52pm
EPR-radar  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:43:55pm

re: #121 Skip Intro

I believe Trump advisor Peter Thiel said that “was boring”.

If we get the worst case scenario of nuclear armageddon, I will spend my last moments in blissful contemplation of the fact that the Peter Thiels of the world will have lost much more than me.

Ace Rothstein  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:45:50pm

EPR-radar  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:46:21pm

re: #124 lawhawk

Tomorrow is gonna suck something fierce.

Trump is also going to engage in just about every bit of lawless behavior that clueless RWNJ morons thought Obama was doing.

dharmamark  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:46:43pm

Nice. LGF is simply the best when it comes to rolling out new, and useful features. Well done Charles.

ObserverArt  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:46:45pm

Right there with you.

I haven’t even been reading the threads today…just too depressing. I’ve been logged in all day and read a couple and go do something else.

I’ve never felt this way about politics in this country. Ever…no matter the president/congress/court. It is a complete shock to the system.

Shiplord Kirel  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:47:19pm

With barely 15 hours till the Grand Unified Derpularity, some of the readers might understandably be taking an interest in survival preparations. Problem is, the Prepper culture is dominated by RWNJs and many of their ideas, and much of their advice, are skewed by their prejudices and misconceptions.

All is not lost though.

The Liberal Gun Club, a very real and quite serious organization, has a good Emergency Preparedness message board, with all kinds of straight, rational advice and discussion.

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:47:46pm

re: #130 EPR-radar

And they’ll be blind to every bit of it.

lawhawk  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:49:06pm
FormerDirtDart  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:49:12pm

I disagree about tomorrow, partially.
I believe we should watch the inaugural. We should hear with our own ears what Trump will say. Not interpreted through others, not sound bites played over and over again.
He is going to effect every one of our lives. We owe it ourselves to look and listen at what may be coming.

The other stuff? Hell yeah, turn off the noise and the talking heads.

I’ve included the text from Patton Oswalt’s FB post, incase you don’t have an account.

I don’t know what to do tomorrow, either. Or the day after that or ANY of the days after that. We’ll have to make it up as we go along. If it’s any comfort, that seems to be Trump’s plan, too.

I know there are protest marches planned for the 20th and ESPECIALLY for Saturday. And that’s a great idea. I’m glad to see they’re happening in “red” states as well as in D.C., Los Angeles and NYC.

But I was thinking…

Another thing you could do tomorrow, and Saturday? But ESPECIALLY tomorrow?

Leave your TV tuned to a channel like Turner Classic Movies or National Geographic or any channel that will have zero inaugural coverage. Then turn off your phone. Then shut down your computer.

And then — IF you can afford it — go find a struggling theater company and pay to see whatever play they’re putting on. Or a struggling art gallery or music club or museum. Leave ‘em money and see what they’re about. Go see an indie film that’s got stellar reviews and no audience. Or a new restaurant or other small business that needs friends and customers. Download a new band. Go to an independent bookstore and buy something from a small press. Go to an open mike. Or see any comedian. Tip your barista or barkeep a little extra.

In other words, do all of the cultural and aesthetic things that Trump thinks are worthless. Make a whole big chunk of existence suddenly spike in importance. And then keep doing that, if you can.

And if you DON’T have any money? Go knock on your neighbor’s door and see if they need anything. If you have a friend who’s Muslim, or gay, or any one of dozens of people that Trump has sneered at or hinted darkly about, go say hi and just ask if they’re okay. Tell ‘em you’ve got their back. That they can come over any time, knock on the door, even if they just need someone to yell “FUCK” with.

This is going to be loooooooooooong, tense four years. We elect leaders to take worry and tension OFF of our plates. We have enough of that as it is. But for some reason, we decided to put someone in charge where the everyday weight of keeping the world from cracking apart is COMPLETELY on our shoulders, along with everything else we already have to deal with.

So if we’re really going to fight back, and resist, the first thing we have to do — and it’s only a little thing, really, but it’s gotta be everyday — is an ongoing, gentle blowing on the tiny spark of sanity that’s still left, to keep it glowing.

We’ve got a President who bellows cold ignorance from dawn to dusk, and he could give a shit if he kills that spark.

So keep it lit. And keep things light. And huddle up.
This is gonna be bad. So be good.

Birth Control Works  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:49:20pm
ObserverArt  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:49:41pm

re: #114 Ace Rothstein

He likes that bold stroke it gives. /

EPR-radar  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:51:32pm

I will never reach acceptance of Trump as president. Some things are inherently unacceptable, and Trump and his Republicans most certainly qualify.

HappyWarrior  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:52:21pm

re: #119 Skip Intro

Not going to be driving. Good advice about the bike lanes though. Lots of bikers in Belgium and Netherlands too.

Ace Rothstein  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:52:29pm

I’m bald, but I have more important things to do tomorrow like getting my hair done.

Birth Control Works  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:53:16pm

WE ARE NOT GOING BACK

HappyWarrior  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:53:34pm

re: #135 lawhawk

Yeah it’s all his fault. You don’t get to bitch about the debt, Matt when you blindly support Trump who will add even more to the debt and has his party controlling where the money gets spent.

Birth Control Works  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:53:50pm

running out of battery —bbl

FormerDirtDart  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:54:03pm

re: #114 Ace Rothstein

I think he’s also looking at a projection of his image, seeing what he looks like in the picture.

HappyWarrior  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:54:11pm

re: #137 Birth Control Works

That’ll be interesting. I’m not a huge Sci-Fi fan but I’d be interested in learning more about the history of the genre.

ObserverArt  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:54:36pm

re: #135 lawhawk

What is the dollar number again of the additional debt that was inherited from Bush and added under Obama???

Ace Rothstein  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:56:24pm

The debt, JFC. The majority of that debt that “doubled” under Obama is from boomers that started getting Medicare and SS benefits. If you assholes would raise the cap on SS so that Trump doesn’t pay the same amount I do, it would be a start.

EPR-radar  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:56:25pm

re: #136 FormerDirtDart

I disagree about tomorrow, partially.

The other stuff? Hell yeah, turn off the noise and the talking heads.

Trump’s inauguration speech is going to be a pack of lies. His taking the oath of office will also be a giant lie, since he will be in violation of said oath the second he completes “taking” it.

I have no need to watch that shit-show in real time. Trump and the Republicans will show me what they are in due course by their actions. Their words are meaningless garbage.

HappyWarrior  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:57:06pm

I like how the executive is solely responsible for the debt.

EPR-radar  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:58:47pm

re: #148 Ace Rothstein

The other big component of the debt is from W Bush and the Republicans not paying for their lethal entertainments in Afghanistan and Iraq, and from the W Bush tax cuts.

Republican debt chicken hawks can fuck right off, along with all other kinds of Republicans.

Citizen K  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:59:10pm

re: #54 gocart mozart

The more I look at this picture, the more I’m convinced he really is trying to affect a Mussolini-esque ‘very serious’ look. Just…holy shit.

Ace Rothstein  Jan 19, 2017 • 4:59:54pm

So at noon tomorrow, after Trump is sworn in, he will be in violation of the emoluments clause in the Constitution because of his hotel down the street, is that correct?

Citizen K  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:02:10pm

re: #153 Ace Rothstein

In a sane world, he should. But can you see anyone actually enforcing that? I’m pretty sure that the understaffing of the executive branch is pretty well intentional, in part for this reason.

EPR-radar  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:03:45pm

re: #153 Ace Rothstein

At least because of that, but realistically its everywhere. Trump has hotels etc. all over the world, so any foreign player that wants to make Trump happy can just order up a few 100K of hookers and blow at a Trump location and Trump will get the message. I honestly don’t see how a blind trust (even a real one as opposed to the joke that will be implemented) would avoid this issue.

ObserverArt  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:03:58pm

re: #136 FormerDirtDart

I disagree about tomorrow, partially.
I believe we should watch the inaugural. We should hear with our own ears what Trump will say. Not interrupted through others, not sound bites played over and over again.

The other stuff? Hell yeah, turn off the noise and the talking heads.

His words mean nothing. He has continually shown that over and over. He says one thing, then takes it back or modifies it into nonsense.

Then his interpreters come around and tell us what he meant and that isn’t even close to what he actually said.

The only thing you can judge him by is his actions. That comes later.

I’ll only follow it if there is any coverage here. I will not have any form of news on tomorrow. I’ll check out local stuff online and that is it.

electrotek  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:06:31pm

Typical

electrotek  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:07:52pm

lol

This guy forgets about Iran.

plansbandc  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:08:34pm

It boggles my mind that anyone can be joyful about that clown taking office.

I feel like everything I was ever taught about this country was a fucking lie.

Kragar  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:09:00pm
Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:09:19pm

Gee, look at the big hill during the reign of King Ronnie of Reagan.

b.d.  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:10:43pm

re: #160 Kragar

That’s a lot of reptoids

Belafon  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:12:17pm

re: #160 Kragar

electrotek  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:12:42pm

Yeah because those firefighters who perished in Tehran had so much to do with the horrific atrocities in Aleppo…great logic.

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:12:46pm

Life Accordion to Trump.

Life Accordion To Trump

b.d.  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:13:22pm

re: #160 Kragar

this is the real crowd shot!!!

Trump MAGA 2017!!!
A Cranky One  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:17:26pm

Even my dogs are fretting about tomorrow.

Current mood
BlueGrl21  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:18:23pm

The night of the election was a night full of panic attacks. All night. First time I’ve ever had them like that. For those of you with panic disorders, all my respect and love. God. Awful.

It wasn’t his election that caused them. But now I’ve got him associated with panic attacks in my head. It’s Pavlovian. See Donald Trump move and talk, panic attack. Get the meds.

It’s both sad and funny as hell. Because nothing about that man scares me. And yet, he’s a trigger due to timing. And it couldn’t have been something like a bug that became my trigger. No, I get the shitgibbon.

So, the past couple of months have been brutal. Tomorrow I will not turn on an electronic device. Waves of panic attacks usually last 6-9 months so I have a bit to go.

“Show me on your brain where Donald Trump touched you.” Bastard.

Patricia Kayden  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:21:32pm

re: #110 Skip Intro

Sure to be in Trump’s “speech” tomorrow.

And Kellyanne Conway will ask why the Left is not acknowledging the hundreds of millions of Americans who so bravely showed up in D.C. and endured the cold rain to watch Trump get sworn in. Her eyes will be brimming in tears and her voice will be cracking with emotion.

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:22:09pm

I know I saw this here today, but I’ll post it again because it tells you all you ever need to know about Republicans.

Dennis Hastert demands hush money back from alleged sex abuse victim

Former Republican Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert filed a motion against one of his sexual abuse victims saying that he should be repaid more than $1 million in hush money.

Now 75, Hastert filed a motion this week claiming that the alleged victim actually owes him the $1.7 million as well as attorney fees for breaching the agreement and speaking to authorities about the abuse.

No remorse, no shame, no nothing except GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!!

nydailynews.com

Citizen K  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:23:27pm

re: #169 Patricia Kayden

The worst part will probably be how many in the media will actually convince themselves that there really was some unprecedentedly large crowd missed by them and flagellate themselves for not giving Trump enough credit.

Big Beautiful Door  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:24:03pm

re: #90 FormerDirtDart

That’s because the coal companies were bankrupted by the slumps in Chinese heavy industry. Since the Chinese are now canceling new coal power plants, nothing is bringing coal mining jobs back.

stpaulbear  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:24:07pm

re: #152 Citizen K

In a way, I’m sorry he didn’t get his parade with missiles and weaponry. I think it would have been a ‘holy fucking shit’ moment for a lot of people to realize that history can repeat.

klys (maker of Silmarils)  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:24:52pm

The thing I remind myself of, when I’m struggling and wondering how is this my country, is that there are people who have been through so much and still believe in the concept of America. John Lewis. George Takei. And, to some extent, President Obama.

If they can still find the will to keep going, so can I.

CuriousLurker  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:25:44pm

re: #157 electrotek

Typical

We live inside the Islamophobes’ heads 24/7. They think about Islam WAY more than most Muslims. It eats their brains like the snakes that grew out of Zahhak’s shoulders in the Shahnameh. Let them feast.

Charles Johnson  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:25:44pm
Big Beautiful Door  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:26:09pm

There have been darker moments in American history, and Americans fought back and defeated the forces of darkness. We’ll defeat evil again this time as well.

Patricia Kayden  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:26:52pm

re: #136 FormerDirtDart

Naw. Do not plan to watch him doing anything live. Not giving him any additional ratings. I’m good.

Kragar  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:27:40pm
electrotek  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:27:53pm

re: #175 CuriousLurker

Excellent reference. Ever so ironic when that would apply ever so well with Iranian Islamophobes haha

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:30:17pm

re: #179 Kragar

LYING MEDIA!!!!

jaunte  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:31:35pm
Kragar  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:32:02pm
The Ghost of Senator Incitatus  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:32:21pm

re: #181 Skip Intro

You jest…

…but wait for it.

Targetpractice  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:34:07pm

So how long before the excuses of “It’s Friday, everybody’s at work, you slacker hippies!”?

William Lewis  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:34:25pm

re: #173 stpaulbear

Gulf War I & II propaganda says otherwise.

Unshaken Defiance  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:34:28pm

re: #175 CuriousLurker

Now that was an interesting read. Never ever heard the name or the story before .

jaunte  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:34:46pm

re: #179 Kragar

@reidepstein

Night before Trump’s inauguration, no surge pricing on Uber in Washington.

Big Beautiful Door  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:35:52pm

re: #139 EPR-radar

Don’t accept. Resist.

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:36:06pm

re: #184 The Ghost of Senator Incitatus

Not really. Not any more.

electrotek  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:36:23pm

re: #187 Unshaken Defiance

Ferdowsi is one of the greatest Persian Muslim storytellers to have ever lived. No ifs and buts about it.

I had to bold the Muslim part because of a tendency by many to strip them of Islam as they have done with Rumi.

stpaulbear  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:36:31pm

Christ. These fools.

Log Cabin Republicans Beg Trump To Keep President Obama’s LGBT Non-Discrimination Executive Order

Maintaining the LGBT Non-Discrimination Executive Order would send a strong signal that President Trump is the “real friend” to the LGBT community that he vowed to be while campaigning for the presidency…

nines09  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:36:48pm

re: #172 Big Beautiful Door

Future Coal Fired Power Plants On USA Soil.

Not to mention the collapse of the US markets. The coal generation plant near me is going natural gas.
Miners getting fucked for 200 years. Some things never change.

jaunte  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:37:29pm

re: #192 stpaulbear

“But he promised!”

The Vicious Babushka  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:37:45pm

I just removed POTUS and FLOTUS from my Twitter feed.

Big Beautiful Door  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:37:50pm

re: #153 Ace Rothstein

Because of all the money the Trump Organization gets from foreign governments.

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:37:53pm

re: #192 stpaulbear

Christ. These fools.

So many stupid fucking people in this country. Was it worth it to (maybe) get your taxes lowered a couple of percent?

Targetpractice  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:38:56pm

re: #192 stpaulbear

Christ. These fools.

Hahahahahaha…oh, they’re serious.

nines09  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:40:25pm

re: #192 stpaulbear

They must be big S&M fans.

Stanley Sea  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:40:37pm
lawhawk  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:41:26pm

re: #193 nines09

Coal plants will continue to get shuttered because it’s cheaper to convert to natural gas and it’s less burdensome to meet emissions goals and for storage on site (hint - all you need is pipeline connection, not a coal-yard to store the coal, along with the access - either barge or rail). It’s far cheaper to build new gas fired plants, because they can fit on a smaller plot than a coal plant.

Ace Rothstein  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:41:45pm

re: #196 Big Beautiful Door

Because of all the money the Trump Organization gets from foreign governments.

His hotel is under lease form the government, and it’s illegal to make money off of it if you’re an elected official.

Unshaken Defiance  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:41:46pm

re: #191 electrotek

I’m really enjoying learning more about the area in ancient times. They are the origin story of what we do where I work, gold refining, mixing metals to effect and behavior. That got me started. Then so much fascinating mythology and proverbs. More for my kindle

Citizen K  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:41:53pm

re: #197 Skip Intro

That’s a silly question. It’s always worth selling your soul and dignity for lower taxes!

CuriousLurker  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:43:29pm

re: #180 electrotek

Yeah, those guys have issues, big time. They didn’t learn shit from all their thousands of years of wisdom of history & literature.

Some of the ones I worked with wigged right the hell out when I converted. I got it form all sides, from the Americans who said, “Oh, so you’re one of them now?” Then there were the Iranians who were all conflicted over it (not all of them, but enough to be a nuisance) and would have periodic outbursts And the Arabs who loved it (three of whom also informed my on my second day, “”We’re very happy you became Muslim, but you do realize that if you ever go back your blood will become halal, right?”). Then there was the religious Iranian guy who on my second week wanted to know if I was going to be Sunni or Shia. Oh, and let’s not forget the wahhabi types.

You have no idea. That’s why I gave up arguing silly crap many years ago. It’s useless, so I just walk away.

The Vicious Babushka  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:43:46pm

Last night I speculated that Trump made a number of trips to Russia in the ‘90’s, 00’s and 2013 to make “deals” that fell through, but which were actually scams that pissed off the Russian mob.

After cogitating and thinking about it some more, I’m now inclined to believe that while Trump set out to scam the Russians, they turned around and scammed him MOAR BIGLY. HE GOT SCAMMED SOMETHING TERRIFIC. IT WAS INCREDIBLE.

It would not surprise me if most of the properties owned by the Trump Organization trace back (if you could trace them, but they are untraceable) to shell corporations ultimately owned by Russian oligarchs, mobsters and PUTIN. They own Trump lock stock and hair.

Ace Rothstein  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:44:02pm

re: #192 stpaulbear

Christ. These fools.

Has Trump said that he would overturn the EO?

Belafon  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:44:59pm

re: #192 stpaulbear

In the comments:

The Vicious Babushka  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:45:10pm

re: #207 Ace Rothstein

Has Trump said that he would overturn the EO?

He has said he will overturn every EO made by Obama and then some.

nines09  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:45:18pm

re: #201 lawhawk

Yeah, but nobody told Kentucky and the other miners. They are retrofitting a coal power plant here to gas and it’s freaking huge. And they are going to put another plant next to it. I think I’m outside the blast zone. Half kidding.

Stanley Sea  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:46:16pm

OK, I just busted my cat. She chewed my nice leather shoe. Teeth marks all along the side.

WTF.

Unshaken Defiance  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:46:36pm

re: #204 Citizen K

Excuse me but that misstates their reason for existing. It’s far more about the second amendment than taxes

BeachDem  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:46:53pm

Probably couldn’t bear to live to see the yam inaugurated as pres.

Big Beautiful Door  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:47:15pm

re: #202 Ace Rothstein

True, but the emoluments clause applies to Kings, Princes and foreign states. Obviously US government officials have to be able to accept money from the US government, or they couldn’t get paid their salaries.

FormerDirtDart  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:47:16pm
Stanley Sea  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:47:21pm
stpaulbear  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:47:31pm

re: #207 Ace Rothstein

Has Trump said that he would overturn the EO?

Is that a rhetorical question? Pence is his VP.

EPR-radar  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:47:34pm

re: #192 stpaulbear

Christ. These fools.

Seconded. These chowderheads are about to find out that if a Republican is asked to choose between making GLBTQ people happy and making religious bigots happy, the bigots are going to get what they want.

TedStriker  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:48:04pm

No journalist in the nation knew more about Trump than the investigative reporter Wayne Barrett, who died today: newyorker.com pic.twitter.com

— The New Yorker (@NewYorker) January 19, 2017

re: #213 BeachDem

Probably couldn’t bear to live to see the yam inaugurated as pres.

“Fuck it, I’m out…”
Unshaken Defiance  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:48:28pm

re: #211 Stanley Sea

WTF.

The moment the cameras caught the criminal…

EPR-radar  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:48:32pm

re: #199 nines09

They must be big S&M fans.

No. There’s no consent involved in what Republicans will do to their enemies.

Big Beautiful Door  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:49:00pm

re: #207 Ace Rothstein

Has Trump said that he would overturn the EO?

I don’t think so, but I’m sure Mike Pence wants to.

Belafon  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:49:54pm

re: #215 FormerDirtDart

lawhawk  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:50:00pm

re: #210 nines09

Actually, we did - but they didn’t want to listen to facts. It was so much easier to believe the lie that the jobs were coming back than to understand that they weren’t and you needed to plan for a future without mining.

Of course, the GOP will not only watch as the mines close, but will fuck over the miners as they gut the health care the miners rely upon - up to and including Obamacare/ACA.

Targetpractice  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:50:13pm

re: #222 Big Beautiful Door

I don’t think so, but I’m sure Mike Pence wants to.

I think Pence and Kuchner are gonna put papers in front of Don and he’s gonna sign them because they tell him that they’ll lead to awesome things that he’ll get all the credit for.

FormerDirtDart  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:50:24pm

re: #216 Stanley Sea

I saw that image on twitter, wasn’t paying attention to who posted it.
I thought it was Tyne Daly

Stanley Sea  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:51:06pm
Lidane  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:51:36pm

This is a note perfect summary of my feelings tonight:

Read it. It’s worth your time.

Targetpractice  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:52:11pm

re: #224 lawhawk

And use the carnage to further fool the nitwits into believing that this is a totally reversible state of affairs, but only if they give the GOP greater power to dismantle the government. Because without the job-crushing government in the way, why the “free market” would save all those jobs because coal is awesome and rich folks love to create jobs for needy miners.

Unshaken Defiance  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:52:51pm

re: #205 CuriousLurker

I have a challenge I throw at some who ask those insulting questions. “If my choice of faith disturbs you, feel free to complain to your god. Complaining to me will not help you.”

Eric The Fruit Bat  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:54:50pm

To be used against people who think Trump is right

Myron Falwell  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:55:03pm

re: #90 FormerDirtDart

Fuck off, Turtle Boy.

Charles Johnson  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:55:30pm
nines09  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:55:35pm

re: #224 lawhawk

Yes we did. Anyone with half a brain saw the handwriting on the wall, but when you are in that valley and all you know is that shaft and that life, and you couldn’t ever think of leaving because it’s all you ever knew……I saw it play out over and over in many different towns and industries. They got fucked once again. Coal miners and fucked walk hand in hand.

bmoak  Jan 19, 2017 • 5:56:50pm

re: #207 Ace Rothstein

Has Trump said that he would overturn the EO?

IIRC, He said he would overturn ALL of Obama’s EOs.

CuriousLurker  Jan 19, 2017 • 6:01:14pm

re: #187 Unshaken Defiance

re: #191 electrotek

The Shahnameh has some awesome stories, much of it written as poetry. Persian literature is filled with great stuff like that. Lots of it is about their pre-Islamic culture as are some of their current holidays/customs, like Nowrooz (I’ve always loved that one).

As electrotek says, Ferdowsi was indeed Muslim- most—but certainly not all—Iranians back then were (there were also Zoroastrians, Jews. Christians, etc.). As a matter of fact the word فردوس (Ferdows) means “paradise” (see translate.google.com”). It’s also the name of a city in Iran, though not the one Ferdowsi was from.

Okay, Iranian history & culture 101 is over for today—you can go back to whatever you were talking about beofre I busted in carrying on about Zahhak, heh.

electrotek  Jan 19, 2017 • 6:02:01pm

re: #205 CuriousLurker

Ugh, why can’t people just respect other people’s choices and let them be?

They should all get fucked, to be blunt. Not the proper adhab, I know, but damn many them just annoy the Hell out of me. I’m not going to say all Iranians are like that, because they’re clearly not. I don’t even have a problem with Iranians who are ex-Muslim, as long as they aren’t prejudiced and indulge in bullshit discredited racial theories that should have been buried after 1945. Religion is a personal matter for everybody and that should be respected and adhered to.

I’m not sure if you’re familiar with the founder of NIAC named Trita Parsi. But I’ve been friends with him on Facebook for 7 years now, and the worst I got into was a post he made about the burkini fiasco in France. I got heated with the Iranians who commented on his post who had the nerve to say that France was justified in enforcing their values in their country. Mind you, these are the very same people who are among the first to decry the forced hijab policies in their ancestral country. Even though I have countless times made it clear that I oppose BOTH forced hijab AND forced de-hijab policies in IR and FR and believe that the women wearing miniskirts and hijabs can coexist in peace as it does in Lebanon, they still kept calling me an “Islamist” and a “future jihadi”. I even brought up the fact that I was a staunch supporter of Salman Taseer yet that didn’t dissipate the baseless accusations against me. The stupid…it burns.

The hilarious part in that discussion is as follows: Arguing with an older Iranian guy from Santa Monica who commented with the usual Islamophobic narrative about people forcing “religious symbols” on everyone, I then asked him if it also includes Iranians showing off their Farvahar necklaces as well.

His response? That toolbox that bragged about the grandeurs of “Persia’s” past had no idea what it was HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Another one had no idea who Attar was.

I can go on.

Even in person, I’m smug enough to correct them when they say they’re “Persian” when I tell them that they’re Iranian.

It seems like it doesn’t matter if they are of the Khomeini-loving variety or the shah-loving variety, they will support oppression and draconian laws when it suits their worldview.

Skip Intro  Jan 19, 2017 • 6:03:16pm

re: #232 Myron Falwell

Fuck off, Turtle Boy.

But the next time he runs for reelection he’ll be promising that coal is about to become bigger than ever, and the fools will believe him. Again.

Weaselone  Jan 19, 2017 • 6:05:22pm

re: #201 lawhawk

Not to mention gas powered plants work better with alternate energy sources that provide variable amounts of power. It’s far easier to generate variable amounts of energy from the gas fired plant as well as to shut it down and restart completely during slacks in demand than it is for coal fired plant.

CuriousLurker  Jan 19, 2017 • 6:07:02pm

re: #211 Stanley Sea

WTF.

Did you leave her alone lately? Sometimes when they’re having abandonment issues (not real ones, just in their heads, which is all that matters) they can do weird stuff like that as payback. “Oh, you like these shoes, do you? Gonna put them on and go out & leave me here alone. are you? Hmpfh, we’ll see about that.

Kragar  Jan 19, 2017 • 6:08:24pm

Hey, Bill Corbett retweeted me. Cool.

CuriousLurker  Jan 19, 2017 • 6:09:49pm

re: #230 Unshaken Defiance

Excellent! That one’s a keeper.

BeachDem  Jan 19, 2017 • 6:17:56pm

re: #132 ObserverArt

Right there with you.

I’m right there with you. Lived through the Cuban Missile Crisis, the JFK assassination, the RFK, MLK assassinations, 9/11 etc.; had my first boyfriend die of leukemia and my last one die of a heart attack while sitting on a curb, but no matter how frightening and depressing anything has been before, this is absolutely the worst I’ve ever felt in my life.

retired cynic  Jan 19, 2017 • 6:22:06pm

re: #216 Stanley Sea

Are they a couple now?

CuriousLurker  Jan 19, 2017 • 7:10:33pm

re: #34 Stanley Sea

SO he’ll commence waving his tiny dick around from Day One, huh? *spit*

CuriousLurker  Jan 19, 2017 • 7:13:04pm

Now imagine the immediate CTs if it was the day before HRC’s inauguration and someone who knew a lot about her died…. //

Infowars Granted White House Press CredsIt appears as if Trump has granted official Press Credientials to that vomitorium of an opinion/con man site, Infowars: thinkprogress.org At least this administration is consistent. A Kakistocracy cannot be complete without the dumbest, stupidest information peddlers on the planet ...
Rocky-in-Connecticut
44 minutes ago
You Have One Last Chance to Repent, Sean Hannity….Help me force Sean Hannity to repent. If he doesn't, The Major will bring incredible the damage to Mr. Hannity using the new weapons of The Internet. I tried to warn you, Sean. You didn't listen then. If you choose ...
The Major
Intelligence Alert: How to Sniff Out Fake Identities on Twitter @FlorenceOconne5 Lesson Learned for Twitter Users: Check who follow you closely. If it has a high following/follower count, it's probably fake. — TheMajor (@TheMajorsViews) May 24, 2017 Now that we know how they do it, it's time to ferret ...
The Major
Doctors Argue That Female Genital Mutilation Is Protected Under First Amendment Two doctors in Detroit, along with one of their wives, are about to take the first religious defense of female genital mutilation to a US Federal court. The case stems from a FBI investigation into Dr. Jumana Nagarwala after ...
Birth Control Works
Amanda Knox: How Prisons Use Cult Tactics to Brainwash Inmates Into Religion Katie McKibben and the Orange County Superior Court both agree on one thing: In July 2013, 25-year-old McKibben failed to remain sober while on home arrest for her third DUI. She had been struggling with alcoholism throughout her early ...
Birth Control Works
Letters From Women Pleading for Abortion, Sent in 1917, Mirror Emails Sent Today In the early 1900s, desperate American women wrote letters to the founder of Planned Parenthood begging for help with unwanted pregnancies. A century later, they're sending eerily similar messages to an international abortion-by-mail service. "I'm in the family way ...
Birth Control Works
13 hours ago
Pregnant Women Are Being Arrested for Crimes They Didn’t Know They Committed Laurie was five months pregnant when she used methamphetamine. She'd previously been on anxiety medication, but her doctor switched her to an opiate when she told him she had history for drug addiction. She said the opiate made her ...
Birth Control Works
Views: 2,487 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 1
Manchester: Defiant and Proud Everybody reading this will have some connection to Manchester. Whether it's music you love (*waves at Charles*), football you enjoy, science you respect or that radical tradition you've read of, Manchester is a World City we all have some ...
Paul Canning
Inclusive Approaches to Preventing Violent Extremism - Carter Center Violent extremism fractures communities, fosters division, and exacerbates political conflicts. It knows no religious, national, or ethnic boundaries. Violent extremist movements continue to fuel the world’s most violent wars in Africa and the Middle East, and right-wing ethno-nationalist extremism ...
Birth Control Works
Love It or Hate It-What Saudi Arabia Is Buying in Its $110 Billion Arms Deal Huge deals with israel, and Saudi Arabia. Our industrial war machine grows apace. TanksSaudi Arabia is expecting 153 M1A1/A2 tank structures, which will be turned into 133 Saudi-specification M1A2S main battle tanks. Twenty additional tanks will replace those from ...
Unshaken Defiance