White Supremacist Kingpin David Duke Suspended From Twitter, Then Unsuspended

Not getting serious
Internet • Views: 48,385

“At long last,” I thought when I saw this tweet from the Southern Poverty Law Center today. “One of the most hateful figures ever to pollute Twitter with his presence has finally been booted off the service. Maybe they really are starting to be serious about getting rid of the Nazis and white supremacists who are dragging them into the gutter?”

But alas, by the time I read the tweet and went to Duke’s page to check for myself… his account had already been restored, with all its repulsive antisemitism and racism intact and in your face.

So much for getting serious about the Nazis and white supremacists. They’re obviously still welcome on Twitter.

Charles Johnson  Mar 6, 2017 • 10:48:26am
I Would Prefer Not To  Mar 6, 2017 • 10:48:59am

What the F does David Duke add to Twitter? Or the human race for that matter.

lawhawk  Mar 6, 2017 • 10:54:50am

re: #2 I Would Prefer Not To

Just like those who self declare as deplorable. They’re making it easy to identify the bigots/racists/and anti-American asshats who wrap themselves in flags (usually the Confederate flag of insurrection) to claim that they’re the true patriots of the national identity (that is white and excludes anyone that isn’t like them).

Kragar  Mar 6, 2017 • 10:55:29am
lawhawk  Mar 6, 2017 • 10:57:45am

Update on the earlier tweet about Khan not traveling outside US:

CongoJack  Mar 6, 2017 • 10:58:58am

re: #4 Kragar

Not a fan of people who use capital letters for whole words (though in some circumstances I understand if you do have to use them). Theresa is from Flori-duh.

Enough said.

Interesting Times  Mar 6, 2017 • 10:59:43am

Um…this is fine o_O

JordanRules  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:00:02am

Was there any statement from the WH about the North Korean missiles?

I Would Prefer Not To  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:00:50am

re: #8 JordanRules

Was there any statement from the WH about the North Korean missiles?

If North Korea wants a statement they are going to have to send a tweet.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:01:59am
FormerDirtDart  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:02:19am

planted “fake news”?

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:03:37am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:04:53am
Charles Johnson  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:05:10am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:06:11am

re: #11 FormerDirtDart

planted “fake news”?

Belafon  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:06:31am

re: #7 Interesting Times

Um…this is fine o_O

I know Sarah as some experience, and we should always be cautious, but there’s a big difference between here and some of the other places: The opposition here, even without control of Congress, still has a lot of power. We have to watch becoming too panicky, especially when Trump’s lashing out is a lot of flailing.

Timothy Watson  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:07:22am

re: #11 FormerDirtDart

planted “fake news”?

CTV is a legitimate news source last I checked.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:09:39am

There is something at the core of this: namely that our word “rape” is very broadly defined that it can mean anything from from physical assault or restraint, to sex without (legal) consent due to age, or without consent due to incapacity.

It does not work well within our headline, bullet-point, twitter and meme-based culture of discourse.

Kragar  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:10:24am
lawhawk  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:11:03am

More inquisitive than Trump:

Interesting Times  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:11:14am

True. I think she’s hinting that trump will lash out with nukes in some form, but a part of me refuses to believe those who are physically in a position to carry out those orders would do so just like that. Or, if we could be so lucky, Obama found some way to child-proof the codes on his way out o_O

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:12:37am

*blink*

jaunte  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:12:54am
Interesting Times  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:14:13am
JordanRules  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:15:26am

re: #18 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Expound please?

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:15:40am
Franklin  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:15:42am
FormerDirtDart  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:16:07am

re: #17 Timothy Watson

CTV is a legitimate news source last I checked.

But, is the information being sent to them accurate?
It seems that everyone is reporting based on a single, secondary source.
Which is likely why some journalists are expressing concern.

Belafon  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:16:24am

re: #19 Kragar

These days, it’s better to think of her as the Faceless Old Woman who secretly lives in your home.

Clearly a Country For Sick Old Haters  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:17:26am

re: #27 Franklin

Sir John Barron  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:17:33am

Well that was the shortest suspension in Twitter history.

Clearly a Country For Sick Old Haters  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:18:10am

I have not listened to Welcome to Nightvale in a long time. Time to catch up.

lizardofid  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:19:37am

I’m at the point were sane, rational explanations sound damn near revolutionary.

Oh…… Hello all!

jaunte  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:20:03am

A Canadian woman travelling on a Canadian passport says she was turned away at the U.S. border and told she needed a valid immigrant visa to enter the country.

Manpreet Kooner, 30, is a Canadian citizen who was born to Indian parents in Canada and raised here. She now lives in Montreal’s LaSalle borough.

“Suspicious brown person” seems to be the trigger for CBP.

TedStriker  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:20:43am

re: #19 Kragar

Matilda/Natalie Hillard/Susan Wilson’s all grown up…and she’s pissed off.

I like it.

JordanRules  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:21:18am

Same as it ever was domestically.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:22:00am

re: #25 JordanRules

Expound please?

I was trying to figure out why the news item avoided using the term “rape”.

The word evokes a strong emotional reaction and I think they were hoping to avoid that. I suspect that was because they were reporting on a case of rape in the sense of without consent, but without force or restraint.

Dave In Austin  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:22:58am
lawhawk  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:29:03am
FormerDirtDart  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:29:58am

It’s only Monday, and I already hate humans again

Nyet  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:33:27am

re: #7 Interesting Times

It’s time to be as vigilant as ever and to resist. But that particular tweet is pure Chicken Little.

Citizen K  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:34:17am
DuckDharma  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:35:09am

You know, She was already sounding a little off right after the election, tweeting that she “doesn’t have much time” without explaining what she meant or if she was in any kind of personal danger and freaking the fuck out of her followers. The thread she links does not have any specific information, it’s the same fears we’ve all had since the election about what “could” happen aired out in no helpful way whatsoever. Fuck off with this fatalism.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:35:10am

Ben Carson jokes that he likes operating on younger people more than an “old geezer” because they could “die in 5 years or something else”

Here’s Ben Carson telling HUD employees about going to the doctor for shots to “smell the alcohol swabs” & his love of hospital PA systems

EPR-radar  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:36:09am

re: #42 Citizen K

It is already known what it takes to get really banned from Twitter — cost Twitter money (i.e., by harassing celebrities etc.)

Sir John Barron  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:36:19am

At least the good doctor found the HUD building and didn’t get lost at HHS instead.

///

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:36:56am
scottslemmons  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:37:24am

re: #7 Interesting Times

Um…this is fine o_O

I really like Kendzior and her reporting, and I get a lot out of her tweets. But I don’t understand what the fuck that’s supposed to mean. Is Trump going to ban people from saying I love you or from skydiving or taking a dream vacation? Is Trump going to kill us all?

Citizen K  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:37:40am

re: #5 lawhawk
re: #11 FormerDirtDart
re: #28 FormerDirtDart

The thing that keeps me from dismissing this completely out of hand is remembering how hamhanded and unaccountable CBP officers have been acting since travel ban. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone in CBP not so subtly implied that Khan would be SOL if he traveled outside the US and tried to return. Remember, citizenship and green card status mattered precious little against CBP harassment and blanket hammer dropping.

FormerDirtDart  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:38:04am

Related

Nyet  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:38:07am

re: #48 scottslemmons

He’s about to start a nuclear war tomorrow, doncha know.

lawhawk  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:38:20am

Carson does realize that he’s talking to Housing and Urban Development workers, not hospital workers? If he wants to smell antiseptics and do cutting into people, quit and return to the private sector where he belongs.

This zero experience no talent assclown doesn’t belong in government. He said as much.

But the whole point of his being selected is to gut the federal agency he’s responsible for.

That’s the entire GOP plan. Sabotage functioning government agencies, and make dysfunctional ones even worse so that you can demand bigger cuts - a cycle of sabotage.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:38:25am

What? Spicer says that asking DOJ to knock down its own surveillance lie is “interfering with an investigation,” but tweeting about it isnt?

EPR-radar  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:39:01am

re: #48 scottslemmons

Fatalism interferes with resistance to Trump et al. Therefore it is useless and should not be expressed in public.

Sir John Barron  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:40:03am

re: #50 FormerDirtDart

Spicer on Trump tapping claim: “There’s no question something happened. The question is - is it surveillance, is it a wiretap, or whatever?”

— Manu Raju

“Well, something happened. Something. There was an election. There are phone calls. You can’t explain that.”

Clearly a Country For Sick Old Haters  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:40:03am

re: #48 scottslemmons

She thinks he’s going to kill a lot of us. He’s already caused deaths, so it’s not totally insane, but she is obviously having a mental health crisis.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:40:49am
Clearly a Country For Sick Old Haters  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:41:00am

re: #51 Nyet

He’s about to start a nuclear war tomorrow, doncha know.

I wouldn’t assume he won’t try to. I do think clearer thinkers will stop him.

Sir John Barron  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:41:28am

re: #50 FormerDirtDart

— Manu Raju

Tomorrow this will be—-

Spicer: It’s a well-established fact, everyone knows Obama had the FBI illegally wiretap the Trump Tower.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:43:34am

re: #59 Sir John Barron

Tomorrow this will be—-

Yes, the Breitbart Dream has come true: once the President repeats one of their unfounded claims, it becomes an established fact.

Nyet  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:43:45am

re: #58 Clearly a Country For Sick Old Haters

I wouldn’t assume he won’t try to. I do think clearer thinkers will stop him.

Pretty sure that being a hedonist with lots of money he has something to lose.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:44:08am
Kragar  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:44:37am
Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:45:06am

re: #61 Nyet

Pretty sure that being a hedonist with lots of money he has something to lose.

Assuming he irrational and not just giving into a temper tantrum like those he has demonstrated with his tiny tweeting fingers.

Nyet  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:45:57am

re: #64 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Thankfully the Red Button doesn’t work like that.

FormerDirtDart  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:46:23am

re: #49 Citizen K

Hey, I totally get it. It would be foolish for anyone not milky white to not have concerns about crossing international borders, citizen or not.
And, Khan reportedly went to Dulles a few days back, to provide support to travelers. Maybe some ICE/CBP official said something to him that raised his concerns.

EPR-radar  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:46:37am

re: #58 Clearly a Country For Sick Old Haters

I wouldn’t assume he won’t try to. I do think clearer thinkers will stop him.

Trump could very easily work himself up into wanting to nuke his enemies, foreign or domestic. Bannon’s reaction to this would depend mainly on Bannon’s view of the usefulness of nuking Trump’s target for Bannon’s own goals of destruction. Bannon would also try to rationally evaluate the possible loss of power by Trump/Bannon if a nuke order is given and not obeyed.

This is not exactly a comforting scenario.

Franklin  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:47:07am

Mental health break:

It’s always nice to remember that Mr Wizard is a Dick

Mr. Wizard’s a Dick

JordanRules  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:48:01am

re: #48 scottslemmons

This is my take as well. But I understand people react to this trauma differently and change day to day which is part of the assault on us. One day it feels like we are close to fixing it, the next day the gaslighting and new rules get more egregious.

I thought it was odd when she said once that hope is not something she can relate to. It was just weirdly stated and placed. I know some folks are more cynical than others, but to not know hope at all was strange. I don’t think she’s having a breakdown either. I think she’s having a bad day.

Y’all should see me freaking the fuck out privately some times. LOL

Citizen K  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:48:15am

re: #68 Franklin

Mental health break:

It’s always nice to remember that Mr Wizard is a Dick

Video

I’m not going to lie, I had a hard time telling Mr. Wizard and Patrick Stewart apart as a kid for some reason.

Unshaken Defiance  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:48:21am

Every time Twitter restores an account like this I can’t help but think of this. And we users keep trying again and again.

David Duke account restored
Kragar  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:48:52am
Romantic Heretic  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:49:25am

I think the ‘suspicious’ can be dropped from your observation.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:50:34am

re: #72 Kragar

Talking to HUD employees Sec’y Ben Carson referred to slaves as immigrants, who dreamed of their families achieving prosperity and happiness

involuntary immigrants

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:50:35am
KingKenrod  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:52:20am

What happened? My punchable face meter just exploded.

Citizen K  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:52:52am

re: #72 Kragar
re: #74 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Sadly, I encounter far too many people who honest to god believe immigrants have as many rights as Slaves did. IOW, “none at all”. They truly believe the constitution protects citizens and only citizens, and everyone else is shit out of luck.

Nyet  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:53:51am

The face fits.

Nyet  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:54:33am

Wait, this is the Cosmic Horse from behind the Horsehead Nebula!

Charles Johnson  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:55:41am
Sir John Barron  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:56:35am

“Look, everyone knows Obama had all kinds of illegal taps and hacking of the GOP and Trump. But I can’t talk about any of that because there’s an investigation.”

///

Kragar  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:58:07am
FormerDirtDart  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:58:40am

OK, first two times I read this all I saw was “NJ Gov. Chris Christie sentenced to 4 years probation in United Airlines bribery case

Belafon  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:59:19am

re: #79 Nyet

Wait, this is the Cosmic Horse from behind the Horsehead Nebula!

If you draw a line and say “If something this crazy happens, I’ll believe in God,” Trump’s going to cross that line.

HappyWarrior  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:59:40am

Maybe your boss shouldn’t make up shit but that’s too much to ask I guess.

lawhawk  Mar 6, 2017 • 11:59:46am

Eclectic Cyborg  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:01:01pm

re: #17 Timothy Watson

CTV is a legitimate news source last I checked.

It’s basically the Canadian equivalent of ABC or NBC.

bws58  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:02:20pm

Can I move to Night Vale with her it seems safer

A wild WITHAK appeared!  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:02:29pm
HappyWarrior  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:02:42pm

re: #86 lawhawk

Immigrant, you use that word, I don’t think you understand what it means.

Citizen K  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:02:59pm

re: #87 Eclectic Cyborg

It’s basically the Canadian equivalent of ABC or NBC.

I always thought that was CBC? Or is that more of a BBC equiv?

HappyWarrior  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:03:24pm

re: #89 A wild WITHAK appeared!

Someone has time on their hands.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:04:13pm

re: #77 Citizen K

Yes, and remember Fox and Friends last St. Patrick’s Day going on about how the poor, downtrodden Irish immigrants overcame oppression without any need for government programs…

Kragar  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:04:34pm
Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:06:57pm

afternoon all!

I just successfully unlocked my Apple ID and account.

After a week of trying, I had to call a real live person.

They send an email with a link-you wait 24 hours —then

voila!

I don’t feel so old today.

makeitstop  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:09:08pm

New York City, trying to calm the waters.

Thanks, Man-Baby.

The city is initiating a nearly $3 million ad campaign this month in several markets including Mexico, the United Kingdom, and Germany, designed to reassure wary travelers that New York is still a welcoming destination despite the proposals and rhetoric emanating from Washington.

“We will work tirelessly to do all we can to preserve our city’s tourism industry in the months ahead, ” Fred Dixon, NYC & Company’s CEO said in a statement.

International travelers are a significant boon to the U.S. economy. The U.S. Travel Association said that in 2015, the most recent year available, travel to the U.S. from abroad yielded $246 billion.

The group’s CEO Roger Dow said in a statement Monday that the latest proposed travel restrictions had a “substantially more cautious and deliberate introduction.”

However, “it doesn’t appear that the administration fully seized the opportunity to differentiate between the potential security risks targeted by the order and the legitimate business and leisure visitors from overseas who support 15.1 million American jobs,” Dow said. “The question remains whether the revised order did enough to mollify the prospective traveler from Canada, Europe, or elsewhere around the world who may have been put off by the initial travel ban.”

HappyWarrior  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:09:12pm

re: #93 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Or how they “never complained”.

FormerDirtDart  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:09:16pm

Well, I’m sure someone will be submitting that to the courts when requesting a stay on the new EO

Interesting Times  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:09:21pm

hahaha:

Sir John Barron  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:11:22pm

re: #98 FormerDirtDart

OK who’s spying on the all DT supporters who got this totally innocent letter from the president?

////

Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:15:43pm

re: #93 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

No, they just started working in government job and oh, yeah, Tammany Hall.

Having two Irish grandmothers, I can’t stand this shit.

The Irish and the Catholic Church have a lot to answer for. IMHO.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:15:47pm

re: #98 FormerDirtDart

bet there’s a Donate button when you click on the petition link.

jaunte  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:15:48pm
Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:16:19pm

re: #98 FormerDirtDart

You mean the six countries in which he doesn’t have a financial interest?

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:16:43pm

heh

FormerDirtDart  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:17:19pm

Yeah, that went national fast…

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:18:39pm
Ben Carson just referred to *slaves* as “immigrants” “There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships…
Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:19:13pm
HappyWarrior  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:20:06pm

re: #101 Birth Control Works

No, they just started working in government job and oh, yeah, Tammany Hall.

Having two Irish grandmothers, I can’t stand this shit.

The Irish and the Catholic Church have a lot to answer for. IMHO.

Tammany was only New York. Not that government didn’t help Irish immigrants but mine being in PA & OH benefitted little from Tammany. The problem here isn’t the Irish. It’s using past immigrants experiences to put down present immigrants.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:20:08pm
jaunte  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:20:21pm
Clearly a Country For Sick Old Haters  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:20:48pm

re: #61 Nyet

Pretty sure that being a hedonist with lots of money he has something to lose.

I’m pretty sure he’s too unstable for rational motivations to matter at all.

jaunte  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:21:26pm

I think we all saw Ben Carson’s brain get overloaded by trying to decide when he should step out on a stage.

Belafon  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:21:37pm

There’s still some debate over what is exactly going on with this. Khan hasn’t made a statement.

Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:22:14pm

The new travel ban blocks entry to the US for citizens from six of the seven countries named in Trump’s original order - Iran, Somalia, Sudan, Yemen, Syria and Libya - for a period of 90 days. Iraq was removed from the list following criticism that the original order overlooked the country’s role in fighting terrorism and barred entry even to the Iraqi interpreters who had been embedded with US forces in the region.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:22:53pm

“Billions and billions!!!!”

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:23:43pm

Nyet  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:23:46pm

re: #112 Clearly a Country For Sick Old Haters

I’m pretty sure he’s too unstable for rational motivations to matter at all.

Pretty sure this is not so.

JordanRules  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:24:46pm

The GOP smiles and is immediately able to ignore 3 more impeachable offenses.

Sir John Barron  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:24:47pm

And they never complained! They sucked it up and did the work and now they’re free!

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:24:50pm

Has he been put on a no-fly list for suspected “terrorist connections”?

Sherlock Hound  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:27:08pm

re: #65 Nyet

Thankfully the Red Button doesn’t work like that.

It brings to mind the Nixon administration, when SecDef Schlesinger cautioned the Pentagon not to act on “unusual orders” from the White House without checking with him first.

I can’t say what Mattis is doing, but I am certain that his staff is gaming out these scenarios internally, keeping him away from the Football. I wonder if the suitcase has a silent alarm to Mattis’ office?

Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:27:11pm

So importing sex slaves would be “working immigrants” to Ben Carson.

or would he call them “indentured servants”?

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:28:13pm
Timothy Watson  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:29:52pm

Have these people ever done prep work for a job?

JordanRules  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:30:14pm
Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:31:20pm
HappyWarrior  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:31:21pm

My Irish ancestors had it hard too isn’t an excuse to be a dick to today’s immigrant. It should be a reason to in fact be welcoming.

Stanley Sea  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:31:33pm

Ugh!!!!

HappyWarrior  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:31:51pm

re: #125 Timothy Watson

Have these people ever done prep work for a job?

Fraid not.

ipsos  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:32:17pm

re: #91 Citizen K

I always thought that was CBC? Or is that more of a BBC equiv?

The CBC is government funded (with some ad revenue on its TV network as well). It’s more like the BBC. CTV is one of several privately-owned commercial TV networks north of the border.

Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:34:12pm

Leashes Come Off Wall Street, Gun Sellers, Polluters and More

And Social Security Administration data will no longer be used to try to block individuals with disabling mental health issues from buying handguns, nor will hunters be banned from using lead-based bullets, which can accidentally poison wildlife, on 150 million acres of federal lands.

Lidane  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:34:39pm

*cough*

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:35:37pm

On Sarah Kendzior being concerned about long-term plans:

Amongst other things, she has worked on immigration cases, and currently works for the Toronto Globe and Mail.She has written for Al Jazeera in the past.

sarahkendzior.com

And long-term plans could be taken a number of ways. For example, would you plan a trip out of the country now if you thought you might be hassled or detained on return? Would you be interested in making long-term investments? &c

As for Mr. Khan, we’ll have to see how that shakes out. If I was him, I might be concerned about how I was treated returning from Canada as well, considering how high-profile he is and his direct attack on Donald Trump at the DNC. He also has a job, so just because the news media is demanding an immediate answer to the cancellation of his event in Toronto doesn’t mean he is going to immediately respond.

Citizen K  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:35:41pm

re: #133 Lidane

Wat.

Timothy Watson  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:36:29pm

re: #133 Lidane

*cough*

Shirley Sherrod did not immediately return a request for comment.

lawhawk  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:37:42pm

re: #127 Birth Control Works

Trump’s staffers are already in the retcon phase of their baffling BS - and it wont matter a damn because their supporters believe anything they put out there. And the media will move on to the next shiny bit.

They’ve already moved past Sessions committing perjury and is still the AG who is supposed to deal with all the investigations that he hasn’t recused himself from, including the latest from the FBI on wiretapping - that ultimately reports to DOJ and .. Sessions.

Kragar  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:38:29pm
Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:38:30pm
“Wilbur Ross was kind of a savior,” said Andreas Neocleous, the founder and chairman of the biggest law firm in Cyprus, which bears his name and has many Russian clients. They have included Dmitri Rybolovlev, a Russian billionaire who paid $95 million in 2008 to buy a Florida mansion from Mr. Trump, who had purchased it for less than half that just a few years earlier.

For a time, Mr. Rybolovlev, who has had tense and even hostile relations with the Kremlin, was the biggest shareholder in the Bank of Cyprus. But his stake in the bank, which at one point reached close to 10 percent, was mostly wiped out in 2013, when the island’s banking system nearly collapsed. In the process, he lost $600 million, his lawyer said.

That 2013 banking crisis, however, opened the way for other Russians, some of whom had close ties to the Kremlin, in contrast with Mr. Rybolovlev, to gain control of the Bank of Cyprus, at least on paper.

curiouser and curiouser

HappyWarrior  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:38:55pm

re: #133 Lidane

*cough*

He was the alt right.

HappyWarrior  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:40:05pm

Breitbart was a disgusting bigoted asshole who contributed nothing positive to the debate.

Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:41:13pm

re: #137 lawhawk

I think they are going to implode into themselves. There is too much to keep track of and seemingly no one orchestrating it—efficiently anyway.

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:42:58pm
HappyWarrior  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:43:07pm

I mean I feel bad for Breitbart’s family but let’s stop revising history. Let’s stop ignoring he drunkenly shouted at protesters, let’s not ignore what he did to Sherrod and the website he created.

JordanRules  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:43:31pm

re: #138 Kragar

Yessss!! Love Chance!

Franklin  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:43:41pm

re: #138 Kragar

Chance the Rapper is the Anti-Devos.

Timothy Watson  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:44:46pm

re: #144 HappyWarrior

I like the analogy that I have used in the past of the Disney villain who gets eaten by a monster he created.

Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:45:00pm

For Baba:
How To Make A Chicago-Style Brownie At Home (VIDEO)

It started more than a century ago: Bertha Palmer, wife of Palmer House hotel creator Potter Palmer, was a leading figure during the World’s Columbian Exposition in 1893. Tasked with organizing lunches for attendees, Palmer went to the Downtown hotel’s chef and asked him to make her guests a chocolate treat, said Ken Price, a historian at the hotel.

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:46:28pm

re: #144 HappyWarrior

FOX News is all about revising history.

My local newspaper doesn’t have a Monday edition (I think they take delivery of paper on that day), but still nothing in it about the Russia scandals or anything else, just “rah rah Trump.”

Propaganda’s a helluva drug, and FOX is one big memory hole.

Patricia Kayden  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:46:44pm

re: #19 Kragar

Keep in mind that Trump cursed at several rallies and is on video using vile cuss words and derogatory phrases. Funny how Trump supporters are perplexed by anti-Trumpers using foul language but have nothing to say about Trump’s word choices.

Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:47:12pm
Interesting Times  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:47:39pm

re: #112 Clearly a Country For Sick Old Haters

I’m pretty sure he’s too unstable for rational motivations to matter at all.

That’s the (GOP logo) elephant in the room. How bad is trump’s mental health/personality disorder?

Another factor to consider is whether all his deconstruction of the US gov could bring about a crisis through sheer incompetence/catastrophic system failure.
Look how close the world came to nuclear annihilation in 1983, for example:

In the early hours of the morning, the Soviet Union’s early-warning systems detected an incoming missile strike from the United States. Computer readouts suggested several missiles had been launched. The protocol for the Soviet military would have been to retaliate with a nuclear attack of its own.

But duty officer Stanislav Petrov - whose job it was to register apparent enemy missile launches - decided not to report them to his superiors, and instead dismissed them as a false alarm.

Let’s hope America has its own share of Stanislav Petrovs to protect us should the worst-case scenario arise…

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:48:26pm
Franklin  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:49:31pm

re: #138 Kragar

For those that don’t get the context from the tweet, here is the story:

Chance the Rapper Donating $1M to Chicago Schools

Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:49:32pm

What does defunding Planned Parenthood really mean:

What “Defunding” Planned Parenthood Really Means

Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:51:51pm
jaunte  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:52:40pm

“The large Russian channel NTV, which reported from Rinkeby a few days ago, is among other things known for smear films about the Russian opposition, but hardly for strong journalistic ethics. In NTV’s report you can by the way suddenly see a Finnish police car driving past, even thought it’s about Sweden.”

An editor of NTV declined to comment when approached by Swedish media.

Belafon  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:52:57pm

re: #156 Birth Control Works

And there were no DHS employees.

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:53:00pm

re: #152 Interesting Times

Look how close the world came to nuclear annihilation in 1983, for example:

And the very next year we got Reagan saying (as a microphone test) that he’d signed legislation outlawing the Soviet Union and we would begin bombing in five minutes.

Belafon  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:53:56pm

They were hoping, by banning everyone, to prevent leaks about the EO. They’re going the Paul Ryan route of governing.

Timothy Watson  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:54:31pm

re: #152 Interesting Times

Look how close the world came to nuclear annihilation in 1983, for example:

Able Archer didn’t help.

lawhawk  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:55:37pm

You heard it here first. The rest of the week will be spent thrashing the #GOPDontCare plan that the House is expected to release imminently (and this means that the media will rightfully focus on the GOP gutting health care coverage, but it gives Sessions and Trump a pass on the whole Russia mess). And because this will be subject to reconciliation, there’s no chance that a Senate filibuster could slow down the GOP repeal effort that replaces an imperfect ACA with a craptastic #GOPDontCare plan that only serves to benefit those who are well off, and fucks everyone else over.

In other words, the GOP are going to fuck over not only everyone who’s on Obamacare/ACA presently, but 10-20 million people who currently have employer-based insurance. The scoring is so fucked up that not only will fewer people be covered under the #GOPDontCare plan, but it will be even worse than the pre-ACA period. They’re going without a score - precisely because by all accounts this is a total shit show.

And those numbers don’t even begin to touch the preexisting conditions, age 26, and other coverage expansions that the ACA enabled. It directly harms women who will likely see reduction in access to reproductive health coverage.

Bill text is required to be posted for 48 hours before markup.

GOP Delenda Est

lawhawk  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:56:06pm

Rent a mob.

Patricia Kayden  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:56:48pm

This is why I’ve told my Jamaican Canadian parents not to bother to visit me in Maryland this year. I don’t want any of this nonsense to happen to them at the border. I can meet up with them in Jamaica or England. Thanks Trump.

Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:57:22pm

CuriousLurker  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:58:25pm

re: #121 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Has he been put on a no-fly list for suspected “terrorist connections”?

It wouldn’t surprise me—he wouldn’t be the first one nonsensically put on a list, and he’s pissed off some powerful people. He’s a lawyer though, no doubt a pretty smart one if he’s keeping his mouth shut as he himself may not even know what’s going on and anything he said that turned out to be incorrect would be used to discredit him.

Clearly a Country For Sick Old Haters  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:58:43pm

re: #165 Birth Control Works

When wingnuts speak, they reveal broken brains that are unable to understand anything but the marching orders from their masters.

Kragar  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:58:50pm
Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:58:51pm

re: #161 Timothy Watson

Able Archer didn’t help.

Well, Able Archer was a regular military exercise. It was that particular exercise expanding some of the things they did that had the Soviet Union concerned (it is very easy for a military to go from “exercise” to “attack”).

There was also the Norwegian sounding rocket incident in 1995.

Considering how every nuclear powers’ arsenals are on hair triggers, it seems amazing we haven’t blown ourselves up already.

Sir John Barron  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:59:35pm

re: #153 Anymouse

They’re using the “fake news” scam as an excuse for censorship. pic.twitter.com

— Paul Joseph Watson

‘Fake news’ is really fake if it’s from the mainstream media.

But so-called fake news from hyper-partisan outlets with no motivation for impartiality or accuracy is not ‘fake news’ it’s real news.

I see.

///

Belafon  Mar 6, 2017 • 12:59:51pm

re: #168 Kragar

This would be what half of my reporters would be digging through if I owned a paper or news station.

Ubiq  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:02:56pm
lawhawk  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:04:39pm

re: #169 Anymouse

Not for lack of trying…

Heck, the US has almost nuked itself several times. We didn’t even need the Soviet’s help on these:

Tybee Island, GA
Goldsboro, NC

Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:05:08pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:07:06pm
CuriousLurker  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:07:26pm

Gawd, I get so sick of it, day in and day out it’s “Trump this, Trump that, what if Trump…”

That’s not aimed at you guys specifically, it’s everywhere and it’s very unhealthy. Like I said the other day, I’m not gonna keep holding that pebble up to my eye and letting it block all my vision.

Gonna go find something else to do for a while. Later, lizards.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:08:25pm
Charles Johnson  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:09:21pm
Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:14:21pm

Why we should never dismiss the Mentally Ill:
It Took 125 Years Before Scientists Realized What This Van Gogh Painting Really Is - History Daily

Shameless Pages Promotion.

Charles Johnson  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:14:32pm
makeitstop  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:14:46pm

Letterman goes in.

“If we get a president sometime soon who does not have a mental disorder, Twitter will be useful,” Letterman added.

Letterman also said Trump’s feud with civil rights icon Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) “broke” his heart.

“He’s ignorant in a way that’s insulting to the office, insulting to America, insulting to human rights, insulting to civil rights, insulting to John Lewis. Trump saying that broke my heart. I thought, ‘You stupid son of a bitch. You ought to have known better than that,’” Letterman said.

Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:15:03pm

re: #176 CuriousLurker

Gonna go find something else to do for a while. Later, lizards.

Yes, you are right.

As a result, I’m binging TV.

Interesting Times  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:16:23pm
Unshaken Defiance  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:18:10pm

re: #166 CuriousLurker

You know this but for others-The no fly list and it’s appeal process *cough* is quite a tale.
aclu.org

JordanRules  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:18:36pm

re: #181 makeitstop

Whew!! Get ‘em Dave!

Interesting Times  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:19:51pm

Not bad. When it comes to effective messaging, is our Democrats learning?

Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:20:48pm

Public Health Officials Know: Recently Vaccinated Individuals Spread Disease -from my fb

CNBC publishes an antivaccine press release from the Weston A. Price Foundation and Leslie Manookian

Yes, The Weston A. Price Foundation and Leslie Manookian resurrected this hoary old corpse of an antivaccine myth, cleaned the dust off of it, propped it up like a mannequin, and somehow snookered CNBC into publishing it as a press release. For those not familiar with the Weston A. Price Foundation, just peruse its website. Take a look at its take on health topics: homeopathy, liver detoxification, anti-fluoridation propaganda, smart meter fear mongering, and exaggerated fear mongering (is there any other kind?) about root canals, among other serious woo.

Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:22:34pm

also from my fb:

(never mind)

This is the type of humor (usually coming from men) that I don’t understand.

It’s not helpful.

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:23:04pm
wrenchwench  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:23:46pm

re: #148 Birth Control Works

For Baba:
How To Make A Chicago-Style Brownie At Home (VIDEO)

Maybe Baba can do that when she has family over, but it would not be prudent for me to make an entire cookie sheet of brownies. Doesn’t mean I won’t.

Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:24:31pm

re: #183 Interesting Times

You know the moral of this story, don’t you?

A beautiful women is often called a siren.

Siren’s are good things, unless they are women.

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:24:46pm

re: #188 Birth Control Works

Maybe he’s trying to get her deported.

Also, he published an address there; I don’t know what Facebook’s rules are but I thought doxxing people was against them (provided it costs Facebook enough money)

Interesting Times  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:25:22pm

Re “Ben Carson just referred to *slaves* as ‘immigrants’”:

Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:27:00pm
Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:27:28pm

re: #192 Anymouse

Maybe he’s trying to get her deported.

I think it’s a joke —I assumed the address was fake.

my bad

Unshaken Defiance  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:28:16pm
Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:29:36pm

re: #195 Birth Control Works

I think it’s a joke —I assumed the address was fake.

my bad

I don’t know if the address is fake or not, but if it’s not, it would sure be a hassle for whoever lives at that address if ICE suddenly bashed in a door (something like SWATting).

JordanRules  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:31:44pm

re: #191 Birth Control Works

I thought that was part of the joke. They weren’t dangerous, they were trying to help the men, then well they explicitly state the sexism.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:32:09pm

re: #195 Birth Control Works

I think it’s a joke —I assumed the address was fake.

my bad

his friends on twitter think it’s the funniest tweet ever…

good grief

Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:32:30pm

re: #194 Birth Control Works

New Commerce Secretary at nexus of lucrative Trump Russian deal

This is really a smoking gun.

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:32:40pm

re: #195 Birth Control Works

I think it’s a joke —I assumed the address was fake.

my bad

HAAjkMQF7wZW+hSkVD+eblkSUFA775kW4RFj6+uhw2lFeytWVfBrszDUqj43tjB1yCYXtMWwJzGarmyAFbh0TSL9Ba54dh8jCBnKJCIpNf7manPMkTd1l5+nM/F3fuYtU0qA1IGcV2E=

JordanRules  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:33:10pm
Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:34:33pm
Skip Intro  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:34:40pm

re: #133 Lidane

*cough*

Considering his wife owns most of the site I really doubt that.

CongoJack  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:35:40pm

re: #200 Birth Control Works

This is really a smoking gun.

Saw that last week. Still curious why the rest of the media hasn’t taken that ball and ran with it.

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:36:25pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:37:01pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:37:30pm

“principals”

Skip Intro  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:40:17pm

Maybe he could hire everyone to be EVPs at the Trump Organization, like he does with all his spawn.

JordanRules  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:40:18pm

Heh, I like that typo

Romantic Heretic  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:41:30pm

re: #91 Citizen K

I always thought that was CBC? Or is that more of a BBC equiv?

CBC is the Canadian equivalent of the BBC.

And like the ‘conservatives’ in the UK hate the BBC with a passion, and American ‘conservatives’ loathe NPR, Canadian ‘conservatives’ despise the CBC and work hard to kill it when they had power.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:44:51pm

re: #210 JordanRules

Heh, I like that typo

I, too, am rather fond of the phrase “Russian steal”.

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:45:27pm

re: #210 JordanRules

Heh, I like that typo

“OK Donny, you’ll have an hour of after-school suspension all week; I hope you learn your lesson.”

Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:46:13pm

Nothing good ever seems to happen in Cyprus.

A UN Official who was under investigation some time ago —back when we were still deciding to invade Iraq —had an aunt that fell down an elevator shaft on Cyprus.

She held some of his assets or something.

Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:50:19pm

re: #205 CongoJack

Yeah, It needs to stay out there. I tweeted it again.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:51:23pm
Blind Frog Belly White  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:52:09pm

I saw an article today about slab of Russian steel arriving at a port in New Jersey, and all I could think of was…

”And now, here’s a timely reminder from your friends at the Monongahela Metal Foundry. You know having unexpected guests see your dull steel ingots is an embarrassing prospect for everyone. Don’t let unexpected company think you’re a person with corroded ingots….”

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:52:39pm
Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:53:45pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:53:59pm
Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:55:05pm

re: #215 Kragar

re: #218 Blind Frog Belly White

so Keystone will get Russian Steel?

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:55:08pm
JordanRules  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:55:31pm
goddamnedfrank  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:55:33pm
A senior Justice Department official said Monday that the administration expects most of the legal challenges to the original order will be mooted by the new one.

That’s not how it works, the lawsuits are going forward and the original EO will be ruled on as if it had never been amended.

Skip Intro  Mar 6, 2017 • 1:56:27pm

re: #222 Birth Control Works

so Keystone will get Russian Steel?

I could be wrong but I think it’s already there. I’ll have to check Fox tonight to get the true facts.

ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:00:59pm

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Buy American & hire American are the principals at the core of my agenda, which is: JOBS, JOBS, JOBS! Thank you @exxonmobil.

How bout that new shipping port that was mentioned here yesterday. Over a million pounds of steel imported from Russia was the first incoming shipment. More millions to come.

I bet some of the union steelworkers like those here in Ohio at the Lorain Steel Works voted for Trump buying his bullshit.

makeitstop  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:04:01pm
Skip Intro  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:04:30pm

re: #227 ObserverArt

Selling bullshit is the only thing Trump is good at. He’s so good at it that even after he takes his marks to the cleaners they still come back for more.

GlutenFreeJesus  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:06:50pm

Remember when Trump said he’d blow Iranian boats out of the water if they made rude gestures at us? Yeah. Well. I guess this doesn’t count.

bbc.com

CongoJack  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:07:32pm

re: #229 Skip Intro

that and he (Trump) also chooses is marks very well. DeVos will make sure his sons have the same choice as well.

lockjawcanbefun  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:07:52pm
Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:08:17pm
wrenchwench  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:09:47pm
Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:13:43pm

squeeeeee!

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:16:20pm

Interesting …
Aron Ra is running for Texas Senate District 2
aronrafortexassenate.org

Aron Ra is a speaker on maintaining separation of church and state, and frequently attacks the Texas School Board for some of its historical revisionism (such as removing “slave trade” from Texas history books) and religious-based education rulings.

en.wikipedia.org

In the last election, only the incumbent Republican and a Libertarian challenger ran. (The incumbent took 83.6% of the vote.) In the election before that, only the incumbent Republican and a different Libertarian ran.

He’s just getting his campaign up and running, so there isn’t a lot on his Website.

He is president of Atheist Alliance of America, and was a past regional director of American Atheists.

He is the director of a project to create an on-line searchable database of the Tree of Life, and has created a number of biology supplemental lesson guides for high school students.

Shiplord Kirel  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:16:27pm

Posted one year ago today. I hope we aren’t seeing it turn into a prophecy fulfilled.

ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:16:42pm

re: #229 Skip Intro

I admit…I just do not get it. What is so obvious seems to go right past so many.

I wonder if some of them place so much energy in the hope of him actually doing something they run out of energy to think of the reality behind the actual facts of what Trump has actually accomplished.

But then that makes no sense, as it is easier to follow facts than to create a false hope.

So, I end up where I started…I just do not get it.

Sir John Barron  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:16:59pm

re: #227 ObserverArt

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump

The chocolate ration has been increased to 2 grams.

I Would Prefer Not To  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:18:10pm

re: #239 Sir John Barron

The chocolate ration has been increased to 2 grams.

per hour?

ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:20:02pm

re: #240 I Would Prefer Not To

per hour?

Year.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:24:19pm
Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:25:21pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:25:50pm
Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:26:39pm

Oh boy, I wonder when Donald Trump is going to go on another rant about Celebrity Apprentice or wire tapps in his next Twitter storm in response.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:26:42pm
Birth Control Works  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:28:15pm
In addition to teaching us what to do when evaluating a claim to knowledge, any good baloney detection kit must also teach us what not to do. It helps us recognize the most common and perilous fallacies of logic and rhetoric. Many good examples can be found in religion and politics, because their practitioners are so often obliged to justify two contradictory propositions.

Carl Sagan —Baloney Detector

Hecuba's daughter  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:29:33pm

Weren’t we doing this the other day — principals/principles?

Am totally sure that Trump knows the difference. After all, he is smarter than the rest of us! //

goddamnedfrank  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:31:14pm

re: #225 goddamnedfrank

The harm to States and specific individuals has already occurred, the animus and ill intent established. The Courts cannot simply allow the Administration to shake the etch-a-sketch and thus acquire an entirely new legal landscape. To allow them to repeatedly Memory Hole their mistakes without racking up legal rulings against them is a recipe for non-stop abuse of process.

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:31:26pm
Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:34:09pm
Myron Falwell  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:35:37pm

re: #249 goddamnedfrank

It’s the worst case of groupthink I can think of. Yes, they are all that mentally ill.

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:36:58pm
Nyet  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:37:24pm

re: #165 Birth Control Works

I reflexively factchecked and discovered a slew of the Republican rape quotes:

snopes.com

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:38:51pm
Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:41:18pm

re: #254 Nyet

I reflexively factchecked and discovered a slew of the Republican rape quotes:

snopes.com

Yup. See also the Republican Rape Advisory Chart, which started as dark humour but now has morphed into a whole collection of over 100 misogynistic statements on rape.

goprapeadvisorychart.com (over a hundred entries, plus a special Donald Trump tab for his own)

All quotes have references where they were spoken or written.

Shiplord Kirel  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:43:29pm

re: #250 Anymouse

USNS Invincible (T-AGM-24) Pretty interesting. Invincible is a tracking ship, equipped with the Cobra Gemini radar. It is a conversion of one of the old (1982) Surveillance Towed Array Sensor System (SURTASS) ocean surveillance ships. It has been deployed in the Gulf since 2012 to monitor Iranian missile tests. It is unarmed except for small arms and has a mostly civilian crew.

Myron Falwell  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:43:35pm

re: #7 Interesting Times

With all due respect to Sarah and Leah, I would be more concerned about any and all Trump voters than I would be with Trump.

Trump is on a one-way ticket for martyrdom. He will probably be removed by the military or pull a R. Budd Dwyer on live TV.

And the talk radio/Fox spoon-fed low-information conservatives easily have the capacity to go full Jacobin and freely execute people based solely on party affiliation and/or race and creed as acceptable punishment.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:46:08pm
Belafon  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:50:19pm

re: #238 ObserverArt

Some people buy resentment and victimization in bulk. And he is selling it by the boatload.

Shiplord Kirel  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:56:04pm

Gun culture does not put on a premium on self-awareness

March madness. It’s a BLOWOUT!:

Shiplord Kirel  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:57:38pm

Worse, the same people buy ammo in bulk.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 2:58:59pm

re: #262 Shiplord Kirel

Worse, the same people buy ammo in bulk.

and usually store it in much less than ideal conditions…

William Lewis  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:00:04pm

re: #258 Myron Falwell

Which is why leftists, democrats, women, minorities & etc should arm themselves and be sure to know how to use those arms. Those who would destroy America should not be given an unopposed hand.

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:01:50pm

re: #264 William Lewis

Well, one of the misunderstandings of conservatives is that liberals don’t own guns.

I’m not interested in violence, but I can defend myself.

William Lewis  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:02:36pm

re: #261 Shiplord Kirel

Gun culture does not put on a premium on self-awareness

March madness. It’s a BLOWOUT!:

They have to move all that stock they ordered expecting a “Hillary’s coming for yer Gunz!” sales wave that never happened. It’s all cheap .223 crud too.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:03:54pm

happening in Kentucky House right now:

my head hurts.

Hecuba's daughter  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:05:17pm

re: #249 goddamnedfrank

Judicial support for justice is of a temporary nature. If Trump is allowed to appoint judges to the courts, he will eventually get rulings to his liking. Any obstacles will be swept away; unless he departs soon, the judiciary will be damaged for years to come— and Pence is likely to inflict similar harm.

Myron Falwell  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:07:59pm

re: #238 ObserverArt

You’re trying to rationalize irrationality. Conservatives live under the premise of false hopes.

Nosferajew  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:08:37pm

BRB, time for Aliyah….

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:08:42pm
Eclectic Cyborg  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:09:30pm

The whole stupid thing about how Christians must be conservatives is so dumb.

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:10:22pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:10:54pm

re: #270 Nosferajew

BRB, time for Aliyah….

welcome hatchling.
make sure you bring back enough for everyone.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:11:33pm
Timothy Watson  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:12:12pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:14:10pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:15:03pm
calochortus  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:15:09pm

re: #273 Anymouse

Sounds like someone is looking for a major lawsuit.

Barefoot Grin  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:15:19pm

happening in Kentucky House right now:

my head hurts.

I’m starting to feel better about not getting that job.

calochortus  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:16:48pm

happening in Kentucky House right now:

my head hurts.

Okay…. But “Jesus” still isn’t the correct answer to your calculus homework.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:17:27pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:17:41pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:18:23pm
Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:19:53pm

I hope they’re all allowed back in the country (something I never would have said before the current administration came to power).

Sons and Daughters in Touch is the Gold Star Family organisation that represents children orphaned by the Vietnam War.

Skip Intro  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:20:29pm

Need to flag this. On March 6 the president signed a piece of paper making the nation safe.

Skip Intro  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:21:15pm

Not vile enough for the Kochs?

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:23:03pm

re: #279 calochortus

Sounds like someone is looking for a major lawsuit.

Yup. And bouncing around the Web I see a number of conservatives claiming travel is privileged, not a right, in response to this.

::P

Pawn of the Oppressor  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:23:21pm

re: #261 Shiplord Kirel

Gun culture does not put on a premium on self-awareness

March madness. It’s a BLOWOUT!:

It’s still .30 a round for 5.56? Yeah, let me get out my credit card… Price-gouging asshats.

ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:24:31pm

re: #273 Anymouse

Stephanie Lucianovic @grubreport
This is how the man your party elected treats Gold Star families, @SenJohnMcCain.

6:00 PM - 6 Mar 2017

This is how the man the conservative voters elected treats a Golf Star Father for making a speech against that man at the Democratic National Convention calling out that man for being an ignorant hater.

It’s called political payback an shows the true character of our new President that doesn’t deserve to be called a man.

Interesting Times  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:24:49pm

re: #288 Anymouse

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:25:27pm

ok, now I start drinking.

Again.

ok…still…

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:25:29pm
calochortus  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:26:32pm

re: #288 Anymouse

::P

Brown people, immigrants, women, gays, etc. have “privileges” White guys have rights.

Myron Falwell  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:27:51pm

…DOA until Portman gets a nice kickback, of course.

lawhawk  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:27:53pm

re: #271 Anymouse

Myron Falwell  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:28:59pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:29:06pm
Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:29:46pm

re: #294 calochortus

See also this from the Department of Defense:

William Lewis  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:29:51pm

So I mentioned that I killed my Laptop yesterday? Cup of decaf while tired and zap.

Today I went to get my water pump repaired in my van ($175 poof!) and while waiting walked next door to the computer shop to enquire about the cheapest laptop they had. Turns out to be a fairly decent Dell (dual core Celeron @ 1.5ghz, 64 bit capable, 4gb/500gb, 14” screen) for $400 that was a leftover from a mass purchase for a local firm. 45 minutes later, much to my surprise, their finance company had said yes to me and I’m typing on it this evening having nuked the Windows 7 install and replaced it with Xubuntu 16.04.02 LTS. Feels a bit snappier than the chromebook was and hopefully it’ll handle GIMP well enough for my photographic needs. Now if I can just get Steam to install, I’ll be even happier.

Blind Frog Belly White  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:30:39pm

re: #288 Anymouse

::P

I got into a discussion with some wingnuts over this a while back, specifically when I told them that while driving a car on public roads is a privilege, riding a bicycle is a right - there is no provision of the law that takes away that right, no matter how many times you get stopped for riding drunk, that doesn’t also take away your liberty.

Mostly I said it to piss them off*, but it does reflect the right to travel. Then one of them said if it’s not in the Constitution, it’s not a right. I pointed out that it’s a corollary of your other, enumerated rights. But beyond that, the idea that if it isn’t in the Constitution it’s not a right flies in the face of the 9th Amendment.

*Ain’t I a stinker?

Skip Intro  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:31:32pm

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before.

The building consists of 211 hotel rooms and 74 residential units, many of which are owned by individual investors who bought into the luxurious development thinking that they’d be able to earn income from renting out high-end units.

It hasn’t worked out that way and about half of the units remain unsold, almost five years after it opened. The average daily rate for hotel rooms in the building has declined by about 30 per cent, court documents suggest, and many are usually unoccupied.

cbc.ca

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:32:28pm
The Spite House  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:32:51pm
Skip Intro  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:33:06pm

I think the 400 pound hacker has struck again.

The Spite House  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:35:20pm

...

ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:38:12pm

re: #295 Myron Falwell

…DOA until Portman gets a nice kickback, of course.

I’ve definitely sent some rather pointed emails to Rob about healthcare. I got back a generic response but it did give me the feeling he has been hearing a whole lot from Ohioan regarding the ACA.

Maybe he will hold to his stance. Maybe.

Myron Falwell  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:38:21pm

I don’t even want to reply with a “fuck you.”

There are certain people for which it would be better for humanity had they never been born. Ryan is one of those people.

Eclectic Cyborg  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:38:32pm

re: #302 Skip Intro

I’ve walked by that building many times.
Never once was I interested in going in.

William Lewis  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:39:25pm

re: #308 Myron Falwell

I don’t even want to reply with a “fuck you.”

I’d like to ask him in public how many will have to die before he considers it a success…

Skip Intro  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:39:25pm

Well, I just started reading it, but I’m lost in the long section about lottery winnings. I’ll soldier on, though.

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:40:05pm

Here’s an egg account at Twitter created last year that looks like it’s waiting to be activated to start Klan trolling when the owner feels the time is right. Probably ought to be blocked …

Myron Falwell  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:41:53pm

re: #310 William Lewis

You and I know that Ryan’s face would light up like a Christmas Holiday Tree.

Donkey With No Name  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:42:19pm

re: #301 Blind Frog Belly White

*Ain’t I a stinker?

9th Amendment, what’s that? //

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:43:01pm

re: #314 Donkey With No Name

9th Amendment, what’s that? //

Well, it comes after the 2nd… so…

The Spite House  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:43:11pm

re: #312 Anymouse

What’s weird is the account was created way before the convention, but with a name like “Khzirkhanbanbhan kkk” you’re probably right.

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:46:24pm
calochortus  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:46:26pm

There seem to be a lot of Freepers who are very upset that the GOP doesn’t want to repeal the ACA entirely. I predict the GOP is going to fail miserably at this since there are very few people who will be happy with ObamaCare Lite.

Blind Frog Belly White  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:47:08pm

re: #315 Anymouse

Well, it comes after the 2nd… so…

The BoR consists of the part of the 1st, the second clause of the 2nd, and the 10th!

Jebediah, RBG  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:47:22pm
Skip Intro  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:48:12pm

re: #311 Skip Intro

75% through it now and I’d swear I’m reading a tax bill. I can’t anything to do with health care. Possibly that’s because I need the original ACA side by side to see what all of these strikeouts and deleted sections mean.

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:49:18pm
Skip Intro  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:49:19pm

re: #321 Skip Intro

Looks like I need to get a copy of the tax code as well.

Clearly a Country For Sick Old Haters  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:50:34pm

re: #320 Jebediah, RBG

Blind Frog Belly White  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:51:23pm

re: #322 Anymouse

My god, he looks like the bastard child of Rudy and Trump!

Patricia Kayden  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:51:30pm

re: #74 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Not involuntary immigrants — slaves. Carson is out to lunch.

Pawn of the Oppressor  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:52:09pm

re: #173 lawhawk

Tybee Island, GA

Hey, that’s my town bomb!

The gub’mint claims the primary wasn’t installed, which is good, because 3.8 Megatons going off in Wassaw sound would flatten Savannah and the islands, and set what’s left on fire. Good times.

But hey, it’s likely only half a ton of Uranium sitting out there in the mud, and not a functional nuke… Ah, the 1950’s. MAGA!

Archangelus  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:53:26pm

In case you missed it…

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:53:29pm

Woman begged a gun store not to sell her schizophrenic daughter a gun. The shop sold it anyway. A few hours later she killed her father with it.

washingtonpost.com

Weathers planned to kill herself next but told a 911 operator: “I can’t shoot myself. I was going to after I did it, but I couldn’t bring myself to it.”

Delana lost Tex, her husband of nearly 40 years, and her daughter, who was charged with murder. And beneath her anguish, Delana seethed.

The store had made about $60 profit on the sale, court records would show.

“After everything I did, they still sold her a gun,” Delana said recently. “The more I thought about it, the madder I got. I wanted someone to pay.”

Delana sued the Odessa Gun & Pawn shop for negligence in the June 2012 sale and won a decision at the Missouri Supreme Court that said that nothing in federal law barred Delana’s type of lawsuit. Under state law, the court ruled that dealers can be held liable if they should have known a buyer was dangerous. Last fall, with a trial set to start in January in the wrongful death case, the gun shop settled with Delana, saying it had followed the law and done nothing wrong.

She settled out-of-court with the gun shop over the death of her husband. The shop paid her $2.2 million.

Jebediah, RBG  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:53:32pm

re: #324 Clearly a Country For Sick Old Haters

He doesn’t mind being known as a scoundrel; it’s the “common” part that will irk him.

Skip Intro  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:54:17pm

re: #324 Clearly a Country For Sick Old Haters

After wading through 123 pages I see a lot of repeal and zero replace. I could have missed that part though because this is really boring reading.

Blind Frog Belly White  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:55:57pm

re: #326 Patricia Kayden

Not involuntary immigrants — slaves. Carson is out to lunch.

Hey, they’re immigrants who had dreams for their children! Dreams like not being owned, not being subject to rape with impunity, not having their children sold.

Who among us doesn’t dream of that?
/////

Patricia Kayden  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:58:14pm

re: #108 Birth Control Works

Didn’t all but one of the 9/11 terrorists come from Saudi Arabia? Why isn’t it on the list of countries from which visitors are banned? Trump’s hustle is so blatant.

FormerDirtDart  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:59:42pm

Hear ex-member of NC sect describe how ass’t DA (and member) took part in mock trial to protect church. Read story: apne.ws

SPINDALE, N.C. (AP) — At least a half-dozen times over two decades, authorities investigated reports that members of a secretive evangelical church were being beaten. And every time, according to former congregants, the orders came down from church leaders: They must lie to protect the sect.

Among the members of the Word of Faith Fellowship who coached congregants and their children on what to say to investigators were two assistant district attorneys and a veteran social worker, the ex-followers told The Associated Press…”

Skip Intro  Mar 6, 2017 • 3:59:54pm

re: #328 Archangelus

nines09  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:02:51pm

re: #322 Anymouse

And after 86 days in the administration
Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:03:39pm

re: #336 nines09

Yikes! Who is that guy?

TedStriker  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:04:24pm

re: #337 Anymouse

Yikes! Who is that guy?

Nick Nolte, when he got pinched for DUI back in the early oughts.

Patricia Kayden  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:05:06pm

re: #126 JordanRules

That’s a hell of a competition with Gohmert, Gowdy, Palin, Jim Hoft, etc., running hard to get that prize.

nines09  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:05:38pm

re: #337 Anymouse

Yikes! Who is that guy?

Nick “GET OUT OF MY WAY!” Nolte.

Archangelus  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:06:16pm

re: #337 Anymouse

This guy…

Nick Nolte in better days….
Patricia Kayden  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:08:26pm

re: #336 nines09

And he just turned 21.

Skip Intro  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:08:58pm

re: #332 Blind Frog Belly White

They really had it pretty good. Here’s an image of the ship’s cruise director making sure the new immigrants got plenty of fresh air and exercise.

nines09  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:09:33pm

re: #342 Patricia Kayden

31 wasn’t it?

Blind Frog Belly White  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:11:49pm

re: #333 Patricia Kayden

Not all, but most. I guess Iran or Yemen could call up Trump Org and propose a Trump-labeled hotel, and get taken off the list.

lawhawk  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:14:42pm

re: #345 Blind Frog Belly White

15 of 19 were Saudis. The remaining four were from Egypt, but several came via Germany or France.

And al Qaeda made its base of operations in Afghanistan and in the frontier provinces of Pakistan. Neither makes the list, even though both have been home to al Qaeda for years on end.

FormerDirtDart  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:14:58pm

If allowing insurance companies greater tax deductions wasn’t enough to annoy you, they also actually used “Obamacare” in the text of the bill…

Skip Intro  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:16:37pm

re: #322 Anymouse

Poor guy was scarred for life after this tragic event.

Years later, in 2008, the younger Giuliani was in the news again after he sued Duke University after he was cut from the school’s varsity golf team.

In his lawsuit, he claimed he’d been promised a place on the team.

A judge later tossed the case.

And apparently he hasn’t worked a day in his life.

gocart mozart  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:16:44pm
Blind Frog Belly White  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:21:08pm

re: #348 Skip Intro

Poor guy was scared for life after this tragic event.

In his lawsuit, he claimed he’d been promised a place on the team.

A judge later tossed the case.

And apparently he hasn’t worked a day in his life.

He’ll fit right in at the Trump White House, then.

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:23:33pm

Allegations that VA caregivers stealing oxycodone from veterans.
siouxcityjournal.com (includes a four-minute video from CNN)

The article about drug diversion from hospitals in general, but this article includes hospitals in Florida. Arkansas, and Virginia (nurses and pharmacists).

SirMixALot  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:25:22pm

re: #18 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

In Florida rape is defined as having sex without a woman’s consent if she is passed out. So that is rape. Its not vague. The fault is not with the word or definition of rape. The fault lies with the media not wanting to call it what it is, rape.

lawhawk  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:25:42pm

re: #348 Skip Intro

It’s yet another completely unqualified person getting a job they don’t deserve, wholly because of nepotism.

Blind Frog Belly White  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:26:30pm

re: #351 Anymouse

Allegations that VA caregivers stealing oxycodone from veterans.
siouxcityjournal.com (includes a four-minute video from CNN)

Okay, so 20 or 30 years ago, we didn’t do enough to manage pain. Then we went hog wild. We will be DECADES cleaning up this mess, and we’re not even really starting yet.

Pawn of the Oppressor  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:27:28pm

re: #346 lawhawk

The female San Bernardino shooter was from Pakistan too.

The Spite House  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:28:32pm
Skip Intro  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:29:59pm

re: #353 lawhawk

I really thought Trump would have given that job to an out of work coal miner.

The Spite House  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:30:25pm

wait wat

stpaulbear  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:33:25pm

re: #317 Anymouse

Can Khan turn this to his advantage by appearing at the Toronto event via satellite? Set him up at a local studio so he doesn’t have to travel. Drive home the fact that the Trump administration is made up of ham fisted despots.

Ace Rothstein  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:33:26pm

re: #357 Skip Intro

I really thought Trump would have given that job to an out of work coal miner.

There aren’t any out of work coal miners. Trump already save them, remember?

Ace Rothstein  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:33:56pm

re: #358 The Spite House

Yep. The insurance companies get that money, not the IRS.

nines09  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:34:55pm

re: #357 Skip Intro

I really thought Trump would have given that job to an out of work coal miner.

The coughing would be distracting.

lawhawk  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:35:05pm

re: #358 The Spite House

Joe Bacon  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:36:14pm
Blind Frog Belly White  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:38:51pm

re: #364 Joe Bacon

Participation in the Death Panels is ENTIRELY VOLUNTARY!! You can always choose to just die without trying to get care.
/////////

The Spite House  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:40:35pm

re: #365 Blind Frog Belly White

/////////

FREEDOM!!

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:41:03pm

re: #354 Blind Frog Belly White

Plus, it gives ammunition to the GOP to privatise the VA, and doctors legitimately writing prescriptions fear the wrath of the DEA if they write “too many.”

The reason we hear about the VA is precisely because it is government-run and subject to public scrutiny. A privately-run hospital would simply fire the offender (to avoid drawing attention to itself).

It’s not just opiods with this problem: There was a few years ago a pharmacist who owned a chain of pharmacies in Kansas City that was diluting cancer medications. It took years to catch him out (after pharmaceutical companies themselves started wondering about his orders versus filling prescriptions).

He got burned because he was a private individual. Corporations are opaque, with large PR and legal departments, and will do whatever they can to guard their profits.

The precise opposite of the VA. And of course in the VA drug issue in the CNN report, the GOP has the wrong answer (drug test employees). The pharmacist they cited swiping thousands of tablets wasn’t taking all that - he was selling them.

The Spite House  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:43:00pm

Has anything been said about pre-existing conditions or children remaining until 26?

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:44:00pm

re: #359 stpaulbear

Kan Khan turn this to his advantage by appearing at the Toronto event via satellite? Set him up at a local studio so he doesn’t have to travel. Drive home the fact that the Trump administration is made up of ham fisted despots.

I suppose he could; as a US citizen his travel should not be in question, though.

I also imagine Mr. Khan is being careful about what he does in this as it may come back later if he is wrong or misinformed. Speculating here, he might also be gearing up for a lawsuit … which would call out the ham-fisted despots a whole lot more effectively than a single speech given to Canadians via satellite.

gocart mozart  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:47:09pm
Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:48:26pm
calochortus  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:49:46pm

re: #370 gocart mozart

I think that’s a fake quote.

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:50:06pm
lawhawk  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:51:01pm

re: #367 Anymouse

Similar rationale behind how and why we know about annual hikes in the marketplace plans. Insurance companies have been working for years with little transparency, and now we know more because of Obamacare - and the GOP fixates on that as though that’s the cause of all the problems with health care coverage.

HappyWarrior  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:51:35pm

re: #371 Anymouse

Evil.

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:53:13pm
Blind Frog Belly White  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:53:31pm

re: #371 Anymouse

We can build some places for them, like camps, where they would not be dispersed, but rather concentrated.

Would you like an order of Arbeit Macht Fries with your Executive Order?

Shiplord Kirel  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:55:26pm

re: #371 Anymouse

Yep, he actually said it, “to deter….”

Why doesn’t he just threaten to shoot every tenth one………to encourage the others (to stay in Mexico)?

These people are drunk on hate and cruelty. This will not end well.

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 4:56:53pm
Scottish Dragon  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:03:52pm

Holy shit this nut is snorting some weapons grade crazy…

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:06:18pm

Some company called Centurion Apparel invoking God and such as well as problems at the VA seeking signatures on a petition to abolish the VA (and give the money to veterans).

centurionapparel.com

The man and woman in this video sound like they drank the “voucher” Flavor-Aid.

Yeah, no. I don’t want the VA abolished. It would destroy the entire system of medical care that is specialised for combat medicine and such (and stick a whole lot of money in corporate pockets).

Barefoot Grin  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:07:49pm

re: #380 Scottish Dragon

Holy shit this nut is snorting some weapons grade crazy…

Will he be deported back to his native Kenya?

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:07:55pm

re: #380 Scottish Dragon

Not just that post either. The whole Twitter account is a swill of fact-free nonsense.

MsJ  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:08:49pm

How did we vote in these evil mother fuckers?

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:14:19pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:14:23pm

re: #384 MsJ

How did we vote in these evil mother fuckers?

I, for one, did not vote for a single one of those asshats.

retired cynic  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:14:26pm

re: #354 Blind Frog Belly White

They are swinging back in the other direction now. I know people who could nearly write their own prescriptions for hard core stuff, but I am finding it hard to get anything above tylenol.

EPR-radar  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:14:52pm

re: #380 Scottish Dragon

Holy shit this nut is snorting some weapons grade crazy…

Sooner or later, Bannon is going to tell Trump about the presidential ability to designate someone as an ‘enemy combatant’ and have said enemy combatant killed with a military strike.

Obama = enemy combatant garbage probably polls better than 40% with Republicans.

Barefoot Grin  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:15:15pm

Toyota marks the 50th anniversary of the Carolla by sending four of the original cars on a tour.

asahi.com

Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:16:59pm

Keith Olbermann out with a new video:

Russia - Continued. While Trump hallucinates about taps, his lawyer tries to obstruct justice.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:18:42pm

Staff still has control of his twitter account (last tweet from him was the one about Obama’s sekrit message to Putin, from his Android, was yesterday):

There is an incredible spirit of optimism sweeping the country right now—we’re bringing back the JOBS!

Barefoot Grin  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:23:32pm

unemployed children and retirees rejoice by the millions.

MsJ  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:26:28pm
Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:27:10pm

My wife and I are playing the Olbermann video on our computers in sync … it sounds like he is in stereo in the living room.

MsJ  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:30:28pm

Thread.

Barefoot Grin  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:31:34pm

I’m sure some of you have been keeping up with Josh. The first thing that comes to mind in all of this: “But Barry was pals with Rev. Wright who said nasty things about America; and Bill Ayers held a fundraiser for him!” Partial truths and not at all damning. But those around our president (and maybe Trump himself) are deeply enmeshed in global shenanigans [crime].

ByJOSH MARSHALLPublishedMARCH 6, 2017, 3:35 PM EDT

I’ve mentioned a few times that a big source on Felix Sater, his criminal background and his cooperation with the federal government is the memoir written by his longtime accomplice and coworker Salvatore Lauria. This is a book called The Scorpion and the Frog: High Times and High Crimes which was written by Lauria and a journalist named David S. Barry. I just talked to Barry about the book and Lauria and Sater. It was pretty fascinating.

We discussed the deal that Lauria and Sater allegedly made with the federal government to try to purchase stinger missiles from Osama bin Laden - missiles the CIA was the ultimate source of and which the CIA wanted back. This was not long before 9/11. The deal fell apart. According to the book Lauria and Barry co-wrote, after 9/11 the federal government got a lot more interested in what Lauria and Sater might have to offer, not surprisingly. That was at the start of roughly eight more years in which Sater worked simultaneously both as an FBI informant and - for most of the time - a key business associate of Donald Trump’s. Here’s a backgrounder on Sater. This post also goes into details about his background and his business relationship with the President.

Sater remains a very interesting person for Trump to have been in business with.

goddamnedfrank  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:34:45pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:38:36pm
Anymouse  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:38:40pm
ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:39:12pm

I haven’t had any news on today. I turned on All in with Chris Hayes and had the misfortune of seeing him talk with Anothny Scarramucci on the current state of Trump and his allegations of Obama bugging Trump tower.

I wanted to kill my TV…so to prevent that I changed the channel.

Scarramucci is one polished and slick truth dodger. Actually he can dodge the truth, lies and anything in between.

He basically said that he believes Trump all the time, because Trump has a really great inner sense of politics and a feel for what is going on. I take that to mean that Trumps big gut tells him Obama did it and we should all accept it.

After all, his strong inner feels lead him to win the Presidency so maybe we need to trust the Donny. So facts are not needed. Trust the Trump Gut and you will be lead to the truth.

Well one thing is for sure. If you want to find probably America’s largest collection of elite con artists, dirty politicians, bullshitters, greedy business persons and overall untrustworthy humans you can find them at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave and other buildings in the immediate area.

MsJ  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:41:13pm
Ace Rothstein  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:43:28pm

re: #380 Scottish Dragon

Holy shit this nut is snorting some weapons grade crazy…

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2017 • 5:43:28pm

Acronyms and Assholes So, I see the photo insert in the news feed and had to re educate myself on why some refer to those who, as the last real President, Barack Obama put it, “have perverted and distorted and tried to ...
Earnest Badger
Virginia Tech Is Letting a Neo-Nazi Teach English Composition Mark Neuhoff, who teaches English composition at the university part-time, was discovered in late September to have posted a series of racist comments on social media. “I want white supremacy,” one post read. “Whites must be in control if ...
South Bay Locals Named as Part of White Supremacy Group An in-depth report by ProPublica.org into the activity of a Southern California-based white supremacy group has named at least four South Bay residents including one each from Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach. The report details how the group, called ...
New Details Emerge About Attack That Killed US Soldiers in Niger The soldiers questioned the villagers, who dragged on the discussions longer than anticipated. “It turns out that this village was a little contaminated by hostile forces,” said Aksar. “The unit stayed a little longer than expected because apparently people ...
Hyperloop in Missouri: Company Says KC-STL Route Top Contender An official with Hyperloop One, which proposes building ultra-fast tubular transportation around the world, said that a Missouri route is a top contender for development. Dan Katz, the head of policy for the company, told The Associated Press that ...
Sheriff Finds ‘Troubling’ Explosives, Guns, Maps and Note in Florida Home Photographs of schools, three bomb devices, guns and books on how to make explosives were found in a Dunedin man’s home Wednesday, officials report. Deputies with the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office were executing a search warrant at 1234 Royal ...
Editorial: Kobach Is Desperate for Trump’s Approval Kris Kobach has been running a Trump-style gubernatorial campaign since the day he announced. From his empty insistence that there’s a “culture of corruption” in Topeka to his argument that the Legislature’s decision to repeal Gov. Sam Brownback’s tax ...
First Aid Kit - It’s a Shame"It's a Shame" by First Aid Kit is available now: smarturl.it Production Company: Slutet är Nära / slutetarnara.se Director: Mats UddProducer: Petra KrigströmExecutive Producer: Alexandros Bakos Lyrics: genius.com Follow First Aid Kit: firstaidkitband.com facebook.com @firstaidkitband instagram.com
Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - American Girl10/13/2017 Encore on night 4 of Ryman residency
WALK the MOON - Headphones Get WALK THE MOON's “One Foot” and "Headphones" Instantly When You Pre-Order The New Album 'What If Nothing':iTunes - wtmband.comAmazon - wtmband.comSpotify Pre-Save - wtmband.comGoogle Play - wtmband.comMerch Store - wtmband.com Stream "Headphones" Now:Apple Music - wtmband.comSpotify - wtmband.com ...