WaPo: Attorney General Jeff Sessions Threatened to Resign

Even the most dedicated rats are thinking of jumping ship
Politics • Views: 32,287

Here’s a terse announcement at the Washington Post about a potentially seismic upheaval in the Trump administration: even Trump’s far right Attorney General is reportedly getting fed up with the bullshit.

And it takes a lot to get a right wing functionary like Jeff Sessions fed up with bullshit.

The deterioration of their relationship began after Sessions recused himself in March from the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election. It is unclear when Sessions offered to resign, but the moment was brief and Sessions made his offer as a suggestion after weeks of frustration, according to two people close to the White House who requested anonymity to speak candidly.

UPDATE at 6/6/17 6:28:50 pm by Charles Johnson

Unshaken Defiance  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:23:44pm

Fuck em all. Damn near destroying the brand, our reputation, treachery and deception is all they have. I think our friends are thinking to stage an intervention.

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:26:41pm

Something’s wrong when Sessions looks “ethical.”

Charles Johnson  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:29:23pm

Damn. This is some fucked up shit America has gotten itself into.

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:30:11pm

Damn. This is some fucked up shit America has gotten itself into.

I know.

ObserverArt  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:31:34pm

I’m gonna guess this Session resigning thing comes true. It makes Trump look bad and he can’t have that. Trump’s probably steamed this came out. Therefore Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III will be gone soon.

Belafon  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:33:36pm

That is now my favorite popcorn gif.

freetoken  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:34:04pm

Damn. This is some fucked up shit America has gotten itself into.

But think of all the babies ripped out of mothers’ wombs, over which Jesus weeps continuously…. then you’ll think of Trump differently.

Shiplord Kirel  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:34:56pm

Damn. This is some fucked up shit America has gotten itself into.

I’m reminded of something HG Wells wrote in a letter to the Times during the Battle of Britain in 1940. Citing his 1907 work The War in the Air, he said, “I tried to warn you, you damn fools!”

covfefe  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:36:48pm

Trump: I barely even knew that guy.

EPR-radar  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:37:33pm

re: #6 ObserverArt

Or it’s just another dose of kayfaybe. Nothing about this administration can be trusted, because they are all bigots, shitbirds and/or criminals.

goddamnedfrank  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:38:12pm

Louise Mensch still out there deceiving wishful thinkers.

Belafon  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:38:49pm

re: #11 EPR-radar

Then again, the biggest problem with a group of evil people is that they’re all evil. Every one of them is looking for their chance to come out on top.

Charles Johnson  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:39:04pm
nines09  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:39:28pm

The rumor must be there is enough money to repaint the Sistine Chapel. Twice.

Memo From Turner (Original Single Stereo Version)

ObserverArt  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:39:41pm

re: #11 EPR-radar

I’m thinking this is looking like Flynn part 2. It took some time for Donny to eject him. If the media makes a big stink about Sessions…he is gone.

William Lewis  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:40:30pm

Can a hymn about the time of dying be sung for a nation?

House and Land - The Day is Past and Gone

Found it on NPR. Seemed appropriate.

Belafon  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:42:57pm

Lots of people on the left heard, and knew. But there aren’t any mechanisms in place for halting that except voting, and too many didn’t do that. We actually have things in place, such as the first amendment, that prevent doing things like limiting propaganda.

klys (maker of Silmarils)  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:43:04pm

I needed this laugh today. Thread. Apologies if it is a repost.

Belafon  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:44:12pm

I’ll have to look into it more, but he’s not playing around.

EPR-radar  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:44:22pm

Dozens of scorpions in a jar, stinging each other to death. There are nasty stories about the sole survivor of such an exercise, which hopefully don’t play out in reality.

Decatur Deb  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:44:32pm

re: #6 ObserverArt

Not back here, I hope.

Belafon  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:44:55pm

re: #19 klys (maker of Silmarils)

I needed this laugh today. Thread. Apologies if it is a repost.

But which one of those three said it?

klys (maker of Silmarils)  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:45:14pm

But which one of those three said it?

Read the thread and all is revealed.

stpaulbear  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:45:55pm

re: #10 covfefe

Trump: I barely even knew that guy.

Jeff: Remember Don, we’ll always have racism. They can’t take that away from us.

(turns and leaves)

goddamnedfrank  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:46:16pm
Belafon  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:46:38pm

re: #24 klys (maker of Silmarils)

Read the thread and all is revealed.

Thanks. I thought it was standalone.

Barefoot Grin  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:47:42pm

The dialect quiz from the last thread was quite accurate. Even though I have significant influence from my Georgia mother, it nailed me as somewhere between Aurora, Il and St. Louis, MO.

goddamnedfrank  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:48:42pm
jhncsy  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:49:35pm

re: #21 EPR-radar

Sir or Ma’am, scorpions are noble creatures, serving a valuable niche in the environment (probably). These creatures of the Republican party are more like Guinea worms, fighting each other as they kill America from within.

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:50:39pm

re: #12 goddamnedfrank

Louise Mensch still out there deceiving wishful thinkers.

Shit reminds me of the Rove indictment crap.

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:51:32pm

It wasn’t for lack of trying, Charles. It’s not your fault they were too busy bitching about how you “betrayed” them for them to care. They desrve Trump to be lumped in with their ideology.

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:52:03pm

re: #19 klys (maker of Silmarils)

I needed this laugh today. Thread. Apologies if it is a repost.

Just get Emmanuel and it’s a Fantastic Four.

jaunte  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:52:07pm

re: #30 jhncsy

Also, grubs. Which eat each other in a confined space.

Belafon  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:52:26pm

re: #28 Barefoot Grin

The dialect quiz from the last thread was quite accurate. Even though I have significant influence from by Georgia mother, it nailed me as somewhere between Aurora, Il and St. Louis, MO.

I clicked on the “Show least likely” button, and one of the three spots was Worcester, where I spent three years at college. I guess I didn’t pick up much while I was there. Then again, most of my college friends were from out of state as well.

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:52:39pm

I’ll have to look into it more, but he’s not playing around.

Here come the Mueller is deep state, Washington isnder smear attacks.

The Major  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:53:17pm

Sessions is no dummy-racist as fuck, but no dummy. He sees the GOP “Brand” getting drug through the mud and dirt, and realizes to save his own political skin, has to distance himself as fast as he can….

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:53:30pm

I want Trump impeached as much as the next lefty does but stop it just stop it.

Decatur Deb  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:54:06pm

re: #28 Barefoot Grin

I’m a thousand miles from the dialect island (PGH) where I learned to speak and went to school. The quiz pegged me within 100 miles of here for use of ‘yard sale’.

Anymouse  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:54:24pm

Well, in the last thread people were posting answers to a New York Times quiz that attempts to isolate what part of the country you are from based on various questions.

It has pretty maps and such based on the posts here, but it requires an account. Since I don’t have one, I don’t exist. /s

So I went looking for a similar test, but no account requirements, and I found one. It only gives bar graphs for the likelihood you grew up in a particular region, pegged me correctly.

Your Result: The Inland North 89%

You may think you speak “Standard English straight out of the dictionary” but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like “Are you from Wisconsin?” or “Are you from Chicago?” Chances are you call carbonated drinks “pop.”

(Being stationed all over the south as a young adult might have affected the final result somewhat, but it gave a 70% chance to the Northeast and 67% to Philadelphia.)

I’m from central Michigan originally, so I guess the test got that right. (I don’t get asked if I’m from Wisconsin here though, I get asked if I’m from Canada, mostly from people who have not heard a Canadian speak.)

gotoquiz.com

Belafon  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:55:24pm

re: #40 Anymouse

gotoquiz.com

I don’t have an account. It’s probably considered part of their monthly page limits.

jaunte  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:57:29pm

They must be doing some freebie stories. I don’t have an account either.

Barefoot Grin  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:57:41pm

I didn’t see that. Interesting.

The Major  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:57:56pm

re: #12 goddamnedfrank

EPR-radar  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:58:16pm

re: #38 HappyWarrior

I want Trump impeached as much as the next lefty does but stop it just stop it.

We have to be realistic about this. We’d need a political earthquake (e.g. Ossoff winning GA-6 on June 20) for there to be any chance at all of a near-term impeachment.

ObserverArt  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:59:05pm

Wow. Rachel is doing a nice story on Andrew Weissman who is a lawyer that is assisting Robert Mueller.

He is the former New York prosecutor that took down John Gotti and Vincent Gigante two NY mob family leaders using Sammy “The Bull” Gravano in both cases.

I knew Weissman was a fraud lawyer and worked on VW fruad and some banking cases, but I did not know he was involved in the NY crime family cases.

This guy is a bulldog. Pretty strong addition to the team.

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 6:59:33pm

re: #40 Anymouse

gotoquiz.com

Your Result: The Midland

85%
“You have a Midland accent” is just another way of saying “you don’t have an accent.” You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

81%Boston

80%The West

59%North Central

47%Philadelphia

39%The Northeast

33%The Inland North

31%The South

Uh no. Never even been to the Midwest except on layovers.

Barefoot Grin  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:00:27pm

re: #39 Decatur Deb

I say both “y’all” and “you guys” but only clicked “you guys” for example. I probably could have confused it, but I went with most usual. I say “route” as “root” and “r-out” both ways in the same sentence sometimes.

The Ghost of Senator Incitatus  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:00:31pm

RbljLhMLcJhsdbLbPrfjNA+0y4Z3iBO4mIVLW8iN/5FzRXhvbL8+lUEEfPnRRAt9czwI+BaC1/0nLw+wZ63zYSuqh4EbbQsEHlt09IsSIhbOzF5BOoYSMr+tYAOsY3KMWUeSnQnK2wWTmI918Qq/gduEcH9FVvUcOtw3uFU9MYqOp5tKJbJDOp1+0B/Vee18y112bLEA2cKvpjwFlMfbknWxEphXeQuXi1w/fnrYAUszSkWBjtnPDz+5Cl4Aky0oe9Xo+/OY6JToua3QRingsYdWCgfyfKWparPVUf/O7iF1ohWkU8emvXwMVTtAkqGpiV9F7LlD7ze35aJQitgZTXjv1BxseJBcvB1nGKCJ4uP22JWeRBWMNME6kmq9y9R1AW6VPBGLlUUB1aj5gU+HM4NDK0WhgkoQqbPwtrQj3aq29zgz1EsIoanu4MV5Pi4NwlOcrT/XGlL9Ic2hlHrFd2oOyJz3Bksp3ncoyUlVHzQ=

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:00:43pm

re: #46 ObserverArt

This guy is a bulldog. Pretty strong addition to the team.

I am glad Mueller is taking this seriously. Mueller even when I was at most critical of Bush seemed like an admirable public servant who served the country well.

The Major  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:00:56pm
Belafon  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:01:16pm

re: #38 HappyWarrior

I want Trump impeached as much as the next lefty does but stop it just stop it.

We should treat impeachment like a surprise bonus you get for doing a good job. Our job is to keep Trump from doing as much damage as we can. If we get impeachment, then yay.

teleskiguy  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:02:56pm

Anymouse  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:05:02pm

Hmm. Since I don’t look at the New York Times at all, I guess my limit is “zero.”

Belafon  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:05:34pm

re: #54 Anymouse

Well, then, I don’t know.

Decatur Deb  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:06:48pm

Trump is on a fated mission to cover the conservative ideology with a hundred-year stench. I don’t want him gone until that’s done. He’ll do tremendous damage to a lot of people, already has, so I want the payoff for everyone’s grandkids.

klys (maker of Silmarils)  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:07:43pm

Well, then, I don’t know.

Must be part of their mission to keep the people of Nebraska from having any source of news other than the local right wing papers and radio stations. Can’t have them accessing any other alternatives over the Internet, even though no one there has it!

ObserverArt  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:08:32pm

re: #38 HappyWarrior

I want Trump impeached as much as the next lefty does but stop it just stop it.

???

klys (maker of Silmarils)  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:09:05pm

re: #58 ObserverArt

???

Louise what’s-her-face and her silliness.

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:09:21pm

re: #58 ObserverArt

???

The spreading of false crap by people like Mesnch.

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:09:34pm

re: #59 klys (maker of Silmarils)

Louise what’s-her-face and her silliness.

Thanks.

Whack-A-Mole  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:10:22pm

The language test pegged me dead-on:

Watching the results after each question, I can pretty much say a single response is what nailed the result: bubbler. My area of the map was the only part of the country that showed red for that answer.

Anymouse  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:10:50pm

Okay, so Firefox won’t let me into the NYT dialect quiz, but Internet Explorer 11 will. So I’ll take the quiz and be right back, y’all. (I write y’all but don’t usually say it.)

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:11:27pm

I write yinz to throw people off. DD knows what that’s about heh.

teleskiguy  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:11:56pm

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton debate her temperament

retired cynic  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:12:25pm
Decatur Deb  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:12:43pm

re: #64 HappyWarrior

I write yinz to throw people off. DD knows what that’s about heh.

You’re from the North Side. On Bluff Street it was “younz”.

ObserverArt  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:12:44pm

re: #60 HappyWarrior

The spreading of false crap by people like Mesnch.

Ahhh…okay. It seemed so in general I thought you were chiding LGF members.

goddamnedfrank  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:13:07pm
The Ghost of Senator Incitatus  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:13:48pm

re: #3 HappyWarrior

Something’s wrong when Sessions looks “ethical.”

I suspect that Sessions had his feelings hurt, and is uncomfortable with how inefficiently the institutional racism-ing is going because of the Trump tantrums.

Kragar  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:14:17pm
HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:14:26pm

re: #65 teleskiguy

Video

In a sane world, we’d remember that as the moment when Trump lost but instead, it was probably when all the “economically anxious” assholes orgasmed at him for condescendingly talking to her that way.

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:14:43pm

re: #68 ObserverArt

Ahhh…okay. It seemed so in general I thought you were chiding LGF members.

Oh no, not at all.

The Ghost of Senator Incitatus  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:16:22pm

re: #71 Kragar

I, for one, prefer when I’m dragged away by the secret police for clearly-explained reasons, as opposed to dragged away by the secret police for no clear reason.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:16:27pm

re: #67 Decatur Deb

You’re from the North Side. On Bluff Street it was “younz”.

“younz” is how we say it in central Indiana, but I picked “y’all” because I do generally tend to use it more. I certainly don’t use the Indiana pronunciation, and never have.

ObserverArt  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:17:08pm

re: #64 HappyWarrior

I write yinz to throw people off. DD knows what that’s about heh.

My one Aunt used to say yunz…more like a clipped you ones. She was Sicilian but was a part of the Slovak gang of my extended family. This was in northern Ohio…which was close enough to Pittsburgh because we had Westinghouse and Empire Reeves Steel. A little burg.

The Ghost of Senator Incitatus  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:17:31pm

“Y’all motherfuckers” was not an option, so that may have skewed my results.

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:17:37pm

re: #67 Decatur Deb

You’re from the North Side. On Bluff Street it was “younz”.

That’s how my mom’s dad said it too.

gocart mozart  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:17:54pm
Eventual Carrion  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:17:57pm

re: #64 HappyWarrior

I write yinz to throw people off. DD knows what that’s about heh.

And red up the gumbands you shot all over the floor n’at.

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:18:44pm

re: #76 ObserverArt

People form both sides won’t admit it but the two have a lot in common, Cleveland and Pittsburgh. I still have some distant relatives left in the Cleveland area on the Irish side.

Decatur Deb  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:19:41pm

re: #76 ObserverArt

You could often hear the “you ones” in our “younz”.

retired cynic  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:19:49pm

Another woman I like to read: Nancy LeTourneau of Washington Monthly:

“Call me elitist if you will, but both Obama and Clinton spoke the truth. Isn’t the idea of suggesting that they shouldn’t say such things an example of the worst kind of political correctness?” She was referring to Obama’s “cling to guns or religion” and Clinton’s “basket of deplorables” speeches, quoted in context.

She’s hitting the Bro thing hard about calling Democrats elitist if they don’t accept the Bro framing of the voting populace.

Kragar  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:19:57pm
Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:20:26pm

re: #77 The Ghost of Senator Incitatus

“Y’all motherfuckers” was not an option, so that may have skewed my results.

Similar to the distinction between “y’all” and “all y’all”.

EPR-radar  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:22:09pm

re: #83 retired cynic

Another woman I like to read: Nancy LeTourneau of Washington Monthly:

The first rule of US politics is that Democrats are never allowed to tell the truth about Republicans.

Decatur Deb  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:22:14pm

re: #83 retired cynic

…snip “Call me elitist if you will, but both Obama and Clinton spoke the truth.” …

Rookie mistake.

Barefoot Grin  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:24:14pm

re: #79 gocart mozart

There is an actual way of swimming named for this species and this one uses a board….

The Vicious Babushka  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:27:33pm

IT’S MOTOWN!

goddamnedfrank  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:27:52pm
petesh  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:28:36pm

re: #83 retired cynic

Another woman I like to read: Nancy LeTourneau of Washington Monthly:

Nancy is awesome. I’ve been following her since she first appeared as a part-time fill-in, and she gets it. (“It” being whatever I think is true! Something about race and gender and class and stratification.)

Anymouse  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:28:44pm

I really don’t exist to the New York Times. In Internet Explorer, when trying to generate the final map, I get “a script is not responding.”

In Microsoft Edge, the browser crashes on the final map.

Perhaps my accent is Uzbeki-beki-bekistani.

mmmirele  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:28:59pm

re: #6 ObserverArt

I am absolutely no fan of the segregationist elf Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III, but I’m not liking this because it shows there’s an incredible amount of instability at the highest levels of government. And there’s no telling what Trump will do in response to this news, too, as you pointed out.

Unshaken Defiance  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:29:15pm

re: #62 Whack-A-Mole

A little off I’m an LA native
jaunte  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:29:57pm

re: #94 Unshaken Defiance

Looks pretty Utahn!

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:29:59pm

God damn it. I get it: We want to believe that Trump is “being impeached”, so badly. But learn something about the goddamn process and get your facts straight before opening your big fat yap. Behind-the-scenes paperwork that cannot be verified is not impeachment. Articles of Impeachment before the U.S. House of Representatives for a vote is. And there is no getting around that no matter what weasel words you use. Stupid bastards.

teleskiguy  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:31:01pm

re: #90 goddamnedfrank

Fuck, man. I need to brush up on my “event analysis” game theory.

The Major  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:31:05pm
Eventual Carrion  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:31:27pm

re: #81 HappyWarrior

I was born (left and came back) here in PA almost exactly the same distance from Pittsburgh or Cleveland. About 75 miles south east to Pittsburgh and 75 miles north west to Cleveland.

EPR-radar  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:32:18pm

re: #90 goddamnedfrank

I wonder what this meathead’s response would be when asked about the impeachment of GW Bush?

ObserverArt  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:34:47pm

re: #81 HappyWarrior

I was actually talking about Mansfield…home of Islay’s Dairy. (Tossed that in for Deb)

At one time it was about as big and industrial as Youngstown but stopped growing after WW2. Still was going strong up until the 70s when a lot of the manufacturing started going away.

We had a Westinghouse factory that was probably as large as they were in Pittsburgh. It took up many blocks of north Mansfield. I still remember the huge Westinghouse sign that lit up that part of town.

We also had Tappan Appliances, Fisher Body, Borg Warner, Empire Reeves Steel, Ohio Brass (casting), Mansfield Tire (made off-brand tires for people like Sears, Wards, J.C. Penneys Auto shops, etc.

Now, it is the exact definition of rust belt city…down on it’s knees.

Found an image of Westinghouse and the big sign. This picture is only the one main building. There were probably 6 big buildings, railroad tracks, etc.

You can be sure if it is Westinghouse!
Decatur Deb  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:35:26pm

re: #99 Eventual Carrion

I’ve seen a map of Pittsburghese that shows it hugging the city a couple counties deep, with a tendril north to Erie and the lake shore. That extension might be getting it into Clevelandese.

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:37:06pm

re: #101 ObserverArt

We also had Tappan Appliances, Fisher Body, Borg Warner, Empire Reeves Steel, Ohio Brass (casting), Mansfield Tire (made off-brand tires for people like Sears, Wards, J.C> Penneys Auto shops, etc.

Now, it is the exact definition of rust belt city…down on it’s knees.

Ah okay, well speaking of Ohio, Grandpa’s aunt went to Youngstown with her family.

Anymouse  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:37:24pm

re: #96 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

And Louise Mensch’s appeal to authority is “I was an MP and I know someone on the House Intel committee.”

I wasn’t aware being a member of the UK’s House of Commons makes her an authority on the US House of Representatives (or that someone in the US House will tell a former UK MP anything about what the damn Intel committee is doing).

Eventual Carrion  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:38:09pm

re: #102 Decatur Deb

Creeping up the turnpike.

teleskiguy  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:38:52pm

Born and raised in the mountains of Colorado. Have lots of relatives in the midwest. I’m a product of the west, I guess. This map looks like the 1860 election map, with the northwest being an outlier.

Charles Johnson  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:39:04pm
HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:39:29pm

I didn’t get the map. Meh!

makeitstop  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:39:29pm

Damn. This is some fucked up shit America has gotten itself into.

Now, now, he’s gonna pivot any day now.
/////////////// —>

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:39:31pm

re: #106 teleskiguy

Looks basically like my map (see previous thread), except I have more Pacific Northwest, inexplicably.

Anymouse  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:45:08pm

Well, I tried the test again in Edge and IE. Same problems, but interestingly, I got different questions.

I still have no accent. /s

Unshaken Defiance  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:45:33pm

Looks pretty Utahn!

All my family on my mothers side is Utah

mmmirele  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:46:24pm

re: #28 Barefoot Grin

That dialect quiz didn’t work at all for me. Here, see what I mean:

Wait, what????

It pinpointed me as being from the New York/New Jersey area, when I’ve never been there in my entire life. I don’t even have relatives from there—they were from eastern Oklahoma. Born in Richmond, California, have lived in the Bay Area, Houston, Austin, Salt Lake City and Phoenix.

I suspect what this dialect quiz may be picking up is the vast amount of reading I did as a child in the 1960s. (Seriously. I read EVERYTHING I could get my hands on.) Back in those days, New York was the king of publishing and pretty darn Northeast-centric. Unless the book was written in a dialect, I suspect what I read was edited for Northeastern style.

Anymouse  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:46:56pm

Hey, the map finally popped up! I do have an accent!

I have no idea how to paste the map here though. I’m either from Minneapolis (no), Greensboro, NC (no), or Grand Rapids, Mich. (seventy miles from there).

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:47:05pm

re: #113 mmmirele

Perhaps that is the source of my Pacific Northwestern-isms. I am very well read.

ObserverArt  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:47:26pm

re: #102 Decatur Deb

There are three dialects in Ohio. North Inland, Inland and South. Cleveland is different from Columbus and they are different than Cincinnati.

I know Clevelandese having hung out a lot up there and the ol’ hometown was close enough. Now I dabble more in inland here in scrubbed Columbus.

No Depression  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:47:35pm

This man’s a goddamn hero:

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:47:41pm

re: #114 Anymouse

Hey, the map finally popped up! I do have an accent!

I think we’ve been either taking screenshots of the browser window, or downloading the image (right-click, save image as…) and uploading.

jaunte  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:48:20pm

re: #112 Unshaken Defiance

I’ve lived in Houston for most of my life; my wife is from Memphis. The test places my accent in Jackson, MS!

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:48:55pm

re: #117 No Depression

This man’s a goddamn hero:

Atta a lad.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:50:30pm

re: #116 ObserverArt

Likewise, Indiana has a distinct dialect in the Indianapolis-central Indiana area, but elsewhere it tends to glom onto the nearest large city (Chicago, Cleveland, Louisville, etc.)

goddamnedfrank  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:51:00pm
Pawn of the Oppressor  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:51:26pm

I grew up in New England and lived about a third of my adult life in Texas, and I’m in Low Country Georgia now. I’d call the NYT language test “accurate”. :D

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:51:29pm

Virginia, either you sound like me with no noticable accent or you go downstate.

Anymouse  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:51:43pm

The least likely areas the quiz says for me are Philadelphia, Newark, or Pittsburgh. (I’ve been through them, on the Penna. Turnpike and NJ Turnpike/Garden State Expressway, but I wisely didn’t get off so my accent wasn’t tainted.)

jaunte  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:52:23pm

Trumpoisons™ everything.

BeachDem  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:53:17pm

re: #45 EPR-radar

Or show a little love for Archie Parnell in SC-5 (he might not win, but he does have the best ads—according to The Daily Beast—We have a new contender for one of the best political campaign ads ever.

thedailybeast.com

caseyjr  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:53:53pm

re: #90 goddamnedfrank

Everybody knows that articles of impeachment spring fully formed from the bosom of the goddess Minerva.

Charles Johnson  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:54:18pm
Hecuba's daughter  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:54:42pm

Can’t the same be said about Rick Wilson and Charlie Sykes? Maybe they are all coming to see the truth; it just took them longer than others

freetoken  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:54:57pm

Rats abandon sinking ships because they want to breed more rats.

Decatur Deb  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:55:37pm

re: #117 No Depression

This man’s a goddamn hero:

The comments on that source page are brilliant.

freetoken  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:56:20pm

That NYT language thing is a few years old, and I think we’ve done it here before…

Anyway, here’s mine - I guess I speak ‘Murican and not Texan:

Pawn of the Oppressor  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:56:23pm

As for the alleged Sessions friction, I don’t believe it. Maybe Racism Elf and the Manchurian Mango got into an argument one time and it’s being reported in an overblown way.

I’m with Sarah Kendzior on this kind of thing; it’s Canary Leak Theater designed to find who’s talking, keep the opposition chattering and distracted, and give a false impression of normalizing conflict inside an authoritarian state.

I just don’t buy it.

He can prove me wrong by quitting. (PLEASE?)

The Ghost of Senator Incitatus  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:57:08pm

re: #117 No Depression

This man’s a goddamn hero:

Living up to the Millwall FC standard of massive balls, drunkenness, and down to punch anything.

No one likes us, no one likes us
No one likes us, we don’t care!

We are Millwall, super Millwall
We are Millwall from The Den!

Interesting Times  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:57:41pm

re: #134 Pawn of the Oppressor

The Ghost of Senator Incitatus  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:58:26pm

They’re also positioned for a truly massive “No True Scotsman” deployment.

jaunte  Jun 6, 2017 • 7:59:30pm
Pawn of the Oppressor  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:00:00pm

Besides, we know Racism Elf would never give up his one chance to make Maryjawanna illegal and rid Pure White America of those jazz-loving negroes once and for all! Tee-hee! (You’re so devious, Racism Elf…)

Charles Johnson  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:00:35pm

re: #130 Hecuba’s daughter

Rick Wilson seems more genuine than Charlie Sykes, but both of them are FAR more credible than Jennifer Rubin who was truly despicable during the Obama presidency.

Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:01:33pm

Boy, they fuckin’ NAILED me.

Decatur Deb  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:01:42pm

re: #135 The Ghost of Senator Incitatus

No one likes us, no one likes us
No one likes us, we don’t care!

We are Millwall, super Millwall
We are Millwall from The Den!

Roy Larner is going to be doing a lot of free pints for a while.

The Ghost of Senator Incitatus  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:01:56pm

re: #135 The Ghost of Senator Incitatus

I’m just saying, Millwall fans would run at Godzilla.

Belafon  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:02:01pm

re: #114 Anymouse

Hey, the map finally popped up! I do have an accent!

If you’re on windows 7 or later, use the snip tool (type snip into the application search bar). Otherwise, do a screen shot, and cut out the appropriate part in paint).

Patricia Kayden  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:02:26pm

re: #71 Kragar

Pence needs to be brought down over his mismanagement of Flynn’s vetting. Hell no does “President Pence” sound better.

Anymouse  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:03:33pm

Finally! (It is a pain to do a shot of a Webpage or part of one in Edge. I had to go to a tech cheat forum to learn how to do it)

My dialect. Cities 800 Miles Apart
The Ghost of Senator Incitatus  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:03:37pm

re: #142 Decatur Deb

As a Millwall fan, Mr. Larner may have never paid his pints to start with.

Belafon  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:04:25pm

re: #130 Hecuba’s daughter

They’re still Republicans, but like some of the Republicans I live around, I wouldn’t be worried if they were behind me. Trump and his cohorts, Ryan, and McConnell, I would force to walk in front of me.

Patricia Kayden  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:04:47pm

Trumpoisons™ everything.

She was an Obama nominee. Wonder if she just didn’t want to continue now that Trump has become so messy.

jaunte  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:04:48pm

re: #146 Anymouse

Your accent is Overall Americanus.

Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:05:05pm

I look forward to the day when we can go back to simply hating them.
/kinda

No Depression  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:05:08pm

re: #132 Decatur Deb

The comments on that source page are brilliant.

The Deadspin commentariat never disappoints.

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:05:43pm

re: #151 Blind Frog Belly White

I look forward to the day when we can go back to simply hating them.
/kinda

Heh I know. I mean I appreciate Wilson’s Trump hate but he still did run some dishneost anti-Obama ads.

Decatur Deb  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:05:46pm

re: #147 The Ghost of Senator Incitatus

As a Millwall fan, Mr. Larner may have never paid his pints to start with.

If he had done that here, we’d be mounting a Gofundme to pay for his stitches.

freetoken  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:06:08pm

re: #141 Blind Frog Belly White

Boy, they fuckin’ NAILED me.

My map has little to no relation to where I was born, or educated, or where my parents were born.

Patricia Kayden  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:07:06pm

I still don’t know who Ms. Mensch is or why she appears to be so popular. People who lie need to be left alone.

Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:07:06pm

re: #146 Anymouse

Finally! (It is a pain to do a shot of a Webpage or part of one in Edge. I had to go to a tech cheat forum to learn how to do it.

Basically your map is “You could be from anywhere, except absolutely not Scranton or New Jersey.

The Ghost of Senator Incitatus  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:07:12pm

re: #154 Decatur Deb

Heck, I’m considering a Gofundme to pay for his pints.

Kragar  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:07:13pm
Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:07:41pm

re: #156 Patricia Kayden

And not ever elected President.

Stanley Sea  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:09:29pm
Hecuba's daughter  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:09:46pm

Rubin may have been dreadful toward Obama but she does seem to have been consistently against Trump, and for many of the right reasons. Maybe she is having a Paul goes to Damascus revelation

Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:09:56pm

re: #155 freetoken

Mrs FBW’s map is red over the entire mountain and coastal West, and a hint of red where she’s actually from (Toe of New York/ Upper Lefthand corner of PA).

Jay C  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:10:19pm

Trumpoisons™ everything.

What’s weird is that Ms Lee seemed to be under the impression that she was going to be kept on at USPTO (and got some tidy testimonials to that effect), but suddenly bolted just today. Maybe her last act was to OK the TrumpTaint (tm)??

TedStriker  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:11:30pm

re: #50 HappyWarrior

Which means that Trump is going to do his damnedest to get Muller (and the hardass team Mueller is putting together) out of the picture, by hook or by crook.

teleskiguy  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:11:47pm

re: #161 Stanley Sea

Yup. Lumpy washed Beavis’s balls good.

BeachDem  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:12:18pm

Joy won all the internets with this exchange:

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:12:33pm

re: #156 Patricia Kayden

She’s popular because she says things the left likes to hear. Unfortunately, if it isn’t the truth, we need to stop listening.

makeitstop  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:13:22pm

Pro tip: If you take that NYT test and let your results page sit too long it refreshes back to the quiz.

I grew up in Philly and moved to New York and they nailed it.

goddamnedfrank  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:13:47pm

More like “the lazy left.” Motherfuckers can’t even do their own homework.

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:15:08pm

re: #161 Stanley Sea

NEver seen hatred like this? HAhahahahhaha and you’re lecturing on morals.

makeitstop  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:15:44pm

re: #161 Stanley Sea

Eric Trump, the son of the President of the United States, says Democrats aren’t even people.

Shut up, Beavis.

Charles Johnson  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:16:18pm

re: #162 Hecuba’s daughter

I’m way past the point where I’m willing to give people like Jennifer Rubin or Erick Erickson the benefit of the doubt. I simply do not trust them at all, and I have years of cause for that lack of trust.

There are very few conservatives who genuinely reverse position.

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:17:20pm

Give Eric credit, that was some great projection.

BeachDem  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:18:14pm

re: #162 Hecuba’s daughter

Nope. As soon as another Republican in a form similar to her true LURVE Mitt Romney shows up, she’s back on the GOP Train.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:19:01pm

There are very few conservatives who genuinely reverse position.

Erick, son of Erick, in particular, has proven himself particularly adept at riding the political tides. He can go fuck himself with a rusty spork.

HappyWarrior  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:20:32pm

re: #175 BeachDem

Yep Jen like many right wing hacks doesn’t see how her party and ideology are as much as any to blame for Trump.

ObserverArt  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:20:47pm

re: #171 HappyWarrior

NEver seen hatred like this? HAhahahahhaha and you’re lecturing on morals.

And obstruction. Eric had his head up his ass for 8 years of Obama.

The whole godamned family are assholes. They most likely never really followed politics all that closely until daddy Donny decide to do the government grift.

Jay C  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:20:47pm

re: #159 Kragar

BTW Kragar, though your screenshot doesn’t show it, the link to kansas.com said that the KS Lege DID override Gov. Brownback’s veto of the tax bill. And are now ready to go home, apparently.

The Ghost of Senator Incitatus  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:21:17pm

re: #175 BeachDem

They’re going to pass Trump off as some kind of black swan weirdness, not as the end product of a bunch of bullshit. And they’ll maintain that even as new politicians adopt Trumpian stylings and the base double down on crazy again.

BeachDem  Jun 6, 2017 • 8:21:43pm

There are very few conservatives who genuinely reverse position.

I’m with you—the enemy of my enemy is often just the same asshole as he/she always was. I don’t trust them. And I won’t praise them for a stopped clock moment.

Barefoot Grin  Jun 7, 2017 • 2:11:24am

re: #143 The Ghost of Senator Incitatus

I’m just saying, Millwall fans would run at Godzilla.

Piers Morgan: “Millwall fans have a bad reputation, much of it deserved, but….” I’ve become an Arsenal fan simply because my son watches them and is a fan, but Piers being a fan makes me a bit uncomfortable.

Sorry, Fox News: Legal Experts Say Trump Collusion With Russia Could Be a Crime What charges special counsel Robert Mueller might eventually level depends on specific circumstances and evidence collected. But laws against abetting or conspiring to commit computer fraud or identity theft and against soliciting campaign aid from foreign nationals offer two ...
Tarkloon
Court: NC Magistrates Can Refuse to Perform Same-Sex Marriages The law allows magistrates to refuse to perform marriages based on a “sincerely held religious objection.” Lawmakers passed the bill over the veto of then-Republican Gov. Pat McCrory. The law came in reaction to the 2014 federal court ruling ...
Tarkloon
The Warped World of 1950’s Marriage Counselling (This article was previously written for the closed Yahoo group "Intertel Atheists" on September 27, 2014.) I am the manager of that Yahoo group, and the author of the article. Rights to articles at Intertel are retained by the ...
Anymouse 🌹
Mad Men: Inside the Men’s Rights Movement—and the Army of Misogynists and Trolls It Spawned - Mother Jones On a balmy afternoon last June, dozens of demonstrators carrying “Stop the Violence” and “Rape is Rape” placards descended on the Hilton DoubleTree in downtown Detroit. They had come to protest the first-ever national gathering of the men’s rights ...
Birth Control Works
Men Legally Allowed to Finish Sex Even if Woman Revokes Consent, NC Law States - Broadly ne May evening in 1977, Beverly Hester was sexually assaulted. According to the summary included in the North Carolina Supreme Court decision State v. Way, she testified that the perpetrator, Donnie Way, threatened to beat her if she didn't ...
Birth Control Works
4 USAF Aircraft Destroyed or Damaged in a Week Thunderbirds F16 flipped when landing after their practice flight for Dayton Air Show. Two people hurt. 📷WHIO pic.twitter.com/LRcuVucKIm — Tom Podolec CTV News (@TomPodolec) June 23, 2017 A few days ago an F-16 crashed on takeoff at Ellington AFB, ...
Unshaken Defiance
2 days ago
The Mets, Jets, and Dems; My Triumvirate of Lost Causesblog.timesunion.comFor pictures, click on the link above. The Mets, Jets, and Dems; my triumvirate of lost causesBy Rob Hoffman on June 26, 2017 at 5:53 AM0I’m in a slump. This is an undeniable fact, and not one of those alternative ...
rhoffman
Views: 323 • Comments: 1 • Rating: -4
Why Are So Many Queer Girls in Juvie? The findings come out of years of research done by Angela Irvine and Aisha Canfield for the National Council on Crime and Delinquency (both now work at Impact Justice). For this particular statistic, they anonymously surveyed 1,400 girls in ...
Birth Control Works
North Carolina Televangelist Indicted on Charges of Tax Crimes Coontz, 50, is described on his website as a "pastor, evangelist, television host, author, humanitarian, philanthropist, businessman." "a 2011 BMW, a 2011 Regal 2500 boat, a 2012 BMW convertible, a 2011 Lexus, a 2011 Land Rover, a 2006 Ferrari, ...
Tarkloon
Isaac Asimov’s Best Arguments of All Time, Part One ➤ #Subscribe: goo.gl➤ Facebook: goo.gl➤ Twitter: goo.gl➤ Google+ : goo.gl➤ Site: goo.gl➤ Thanks for watching :) #Sciencetoday is channel uses for #education, #teaching, #review, #commentary, or research... If you have any issues with content, please contact us, for an ...
Tarkloon