gocart mozart  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:27:28pm

What are the sycophants saying?

Charles Johnson  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:28:32pm

RPGSaGwSygkuBm8iuHfgyzOtnNU69GVX7s9qFOoVDYhwAJRXJ/vKG9q1FE6ToyjTXrvJVkVDw0dDoZGrzKS8ys9FTNpsijqVR2+0KLuOu8RiCe3nhx7BvQiYz4O3lAtsmIcX6x7K+BxWfxVbPIDy/5hRInNC0Z1Zt1cneqW8IGoZtK8Yk/jOmIdvGnGpEzhDbOKW46TARWXwnbrU1BJ2sW0Y+ay0KyrR

Charles Johnson  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:29:57pm

And I hope everyone knows you can post a comment you’re typing just by hitting Control-Return instead of clicking the “Post It” button.

Well, you don’t actually “hit” Control-Return. Don’t smash your keyboard to do this.

Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:31:39pm

re: #1 gocart mozart

What are the sycophants saying?

klys (maker of Silmarils)  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:32:06pm

Probably still a good idea to consider whether posting the comment is helpful or not before doing that though. >.>

Stanley Sea  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:32:47pm

#TheResistance

anyway you can

klys (maker of Silmarils)  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:34:13pm
Skip Intro  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:34:17pm

re: #6 Stanley Sea

So to most people this is just entertainment, a reality tv show.

klys (maker of Silmarils)  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:34:48pm

Oh God, Pomp and Circumstance is playing somewhere in the neighborhood. KILL IT. KILL IT WITH FIRE.

Skip Intro  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:35:44pm

Watching Colbert reminds me of how much I miss Jon Stewart.

teleskiguy  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:37:17pm

I’m still using an iPhone 4S. I know, I’m such a Luddite.

Charles Johnson  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:37:52pm

re: #5 klys (maker of Silmarils)

Yes, you should also refrain from smashing your credibility.

Skip Intro  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:38:10pm

re: #11 teleskiguy

No High Sierra for you.

Stanley Sea  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:39:25pm
Shiplord Kirel  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:39:44pm

I’ve been thinking a lot about the Six Day War recently. I think I probably conflated it with current events while I was groggy from my nap.

Sinai peninsula, 1967: Over-confident Russian clients fleeing for their lives.
Washington DC, 2017: Over-confident Russian clients fleeing for their lives.

stpaulbear  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:40:07pm

Fucking grabby autoplay Arby’s ads are dragging me to the top or bottom every half minute or so. Four tries to write this comment. Time to call it a night.

freetoken  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:40:08pm

re: #14 Stanley Sea

The very rich have always been able to buy acquiescence.

No Depression  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:42:07pm

re: #6 Stanley Sea

#TheResistance

anyway you can

The big difference between this Superbowl and the last one is that I’ll be rooting for the Patriots this time.

Stanley Sea  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:43:51pm

re: #17 freetoken

The very rich have always been able to buy acquiescence.

It still is a good letter. Compared to others.

teleskiguy  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:44:29pm
klys (maker of Silmarils)  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:46:52pm

Charles, since you like regexes, you might find this interesting:

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:46:58pm

re: #11 teleskiguy

I’m still using an iPhone 4S. I know, I’m such a Luddite.

I’m still using a dial telephone.

retired cynic  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:47:57pm

re: #22 Anymouse

I’m still using a dial telephone.

As my family would say, are you bragging or complaining?

Charles Johnson  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:48:13pm

93lW+aWcV4wP2yezwPN+60W0cL0l9+W04gKItSIb5xvorlQID9gi2j3+UGPJlQBor5v3Zs7u/plxLvtfWMWcb/5C5SfY4einxQrDAsd3ZM/ldv2m30lG4gfv2hElxXHny++Vk1SBElqQPf49mfLUXEJPI2u4TQiF62X9G67NURdFBUlTIBn1QG4L52PWo+Mk0FgLgIjLY/ea6g8adcvWAWz1u5FtuP3TEqillWHLEDVpBg6efM9Cng5EY79Z2ou+GDf3jD9TNHAQ+CtU3jR1hBnF/bzhFqDc

teleskiguy  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:50:15pm

He’s still a fuckin’ blowhard bully.

All those pieces of shit conservative manly men who praised the attack, I wonder what they have to say about this apology.

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:50:36pm

re: #23 retired cynic

As my family would say, are you bragging or complaining?

JordanRules  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:51:07pm

Big day in the UK tomorrow too ay!

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:51:32pm

I’m dependent on slabs of bacon. You can’t eat an iPhone (well I suppose you can, but it wouldn’t taste very good).

Barefoot Grin  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:51:33pm

re: #22 Anymouse

I’m still using a dial telephone.

“a-one-ringy-dingy…”

Charles Johnson  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:51:46pm
HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:52:12pm

re: #25 teleskiguy

He’s still a fuckin’ blowhard bully.

I’m glad he apologized and it actually looks contrite but fuck Gianforte anyhow for bringing the Guardian’s political bent when the story broke and trying to deny what happened. And I’m sorry but I wonder how apologetic he’d be had he lost.

Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:52:26pm

re: #25 teleskiguy

He’s still a fuckin’ blowhard bully.

Yes, but he’s not normalizing the violence, and is standing up for a free press. That’s more than I expected.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:53:31pm

re: #32 Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis

I’m still hesitant to say that. We’ll see how he does the next time he gets a question he doesn’t like. I do thin it’s a better apology than most though.

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:55:05pm
Charles Johnson  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:55:27pm
Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:56:24pm

More thunderstorms kicking up to our north, west, and south. Tornado warning near Akron, Colo. (That is some distance from here.)

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:56:46pm

re: #34 Anymouse

It’s all about party over country for them and has been for a very long tiem.

teleskiguy  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:58:29pm

re: #32 Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis

I sense a ‘no contest’ plea from the miserable hot head in criminal court (the case is continued until 20 June where he must appear in person to answer to charges of assault). I hope the Gallatin County Court treats him like a common criminal and throws the book at him.

Barefoot Grin  Jun 7, 2017 • 6:59:11pm

I just requested “T2: Trainspotting” from my local library system. But then I remembered that my kids need to see the original, so I ordered that, too.

scottslemmons  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:01:56pm

re: #14 Stanley Sea

$50,000 was more than I’ve made at any job I’ve ever worked at.

Why the fuck did I have to be born with the Not Evil Enough To Be Rich gene? >:(

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:02:31pm

re: #38 teleskiguy

IOKIYAR. I imagine the court will take into account his letter and his donation, along with Mr. Jacobs’s acceptance of both, as appropriate contrition.

scottslemmons  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:03:37pm

From the last thread:

re: #543 BeachDem

Per Charles P. Pierce (damn, the man has a way with words, doesn’t he?)

The Trump presidency is not an accident of history. Conservative politics has been moving toward something like it ever since Ronald Reagan declared that the national government was the problem. It has been enabled by a consistent trend toward civic disengagement, some of which was encouraged by ambitious men in the wake of Reagan’s success.

And the genuine danger going forward is that the next ambitious American authoritarian will not be a half-bright bungler dancing on strings held by god-knows-which foreign autocrat or banker. The next one might be better at it. After all, the template has been established, and the Republican Party has demonstrated a taste for authoritarianism that history says is hard to shake.

The Trump political template has to be crushed to dust so that it never rises again. Until it is, it remains a cancer on the republic that’s only in the most fragile remission.
esquire.com

The problem being — no one has any clue how to crush it to dust.

So I guess, get used to the idea of you, your friends, and your family dying in the camps. This seems way less than fucking ideal.

jaunte  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:06:00pm
Barefoot Grin  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:07:26pm

So, basically, DC is going to be like NYC on St. Patrick’s Day. Everybody hammered by noon.

Decatur Deb  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:08:17pm

re: #42 scottslemmons

From the last thread:

The problem being — no one has any clue how to crush it to dust.

It’s not really to late to grind this down with constitutional processes. If that fails, at the risk of sounding like a Threeper nutjob, it’s better to die in the streets than in the camps.

Fact is, we might just be the victims of a self-righting fluke.

Scout  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:08:19pm

I stole this off the internet:

piratedan  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:08:39pm

re: #41 Anymouse

well, justice is supposedly to be impartial, but I’m making a guess that Jacobs doesn’t want to drag this out. He gets what appears to be a well written apology (any bets it was actually composed by Gianforte?) some money for a cause and admission of guilt (which should have been conclusive and thankfully he’s not a teen guilty of having melanin). Afterall, a jury of peers lets those bastards who took over the nature refuge mostly skate, could Gianforte have asked for a jury trial?

gocart mozart  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:09:40pm

Is trump actually going to go to England because i damn hope so.

BigPapa  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:10:30pm

Yes, you should also refrain from smashing your credibility.

Why? Whassmatta dat?

gocart mozart  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:11:28pm
Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:11:36pm
BeachDem  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:11:41pm

re: #14 Stanley Sea

Sorry—too little too late. And I also chuckle at his disavowing “anyone’s statement to the contrary”—uh—that would be the statement YOUR campaign issued, asshole.

Oh, and $50,000? He’s a fucking billionaire—that would be like me pledging $10.

jaunte  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:11:45pm
HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:12:16pm

re: #48 gocart mozart

Is trump actually going to go to England because i damn hope so.

I hope my cousin goes though I’ll understand if she doesn’t since she has small kids in school.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:12:54pm

Great job Trump voters who insisted Hillary was so so corrupt.

Stanley Sea  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:13:00pm
gocart mozart  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:13:16pm

Charles, what do you know about this?

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:14:02pm

re: #56 Stanley Sea

He also photographed the Spanish Civil War and the early parts of the Vietnam War.

Barefoot Grin  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:15:04pm

This is true. I think there is a strata of people internationally who have more in common in some ways with each other than with their compatriots. Their children go to the best international schools together, their…. Uh-oh, I’m building a CT…. But in some ways, it really is true.

Stanley Sea  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:15:34pm

re: #58 HappyWarrior

It is going to be my night time read.

Vanity Fair kills it on stories like this.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:16:55pm

re: #60 Stanley Sea

It is going to be my night time read.

Vanity Fair kills it on stories like this.

Sounds like a good read.

Skip Intro  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:16:58pm

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:17:05pm
CleverToad  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:17:29pm

re: #9 klys (maker of Silmarils)

Earworm courtesy of the kid’s bandmate, Taylor. To be sung to Pomp&Circ with appropriate hand motions. I shall never be able to hear that refrain again without singing this under my breath, so I hereby inflict it on the rest of you:

Myyyyy turtle swims siiiiideways /
Youuuur turtle swims upside down /
Myyyy turtle swims siiiiideways /
And youuuur turtle… …is
dead.

(H-T to Homer Price for the notion that a good way to treat an ear worm is to pass it along. And even if it doesn’t cure you, you know you’re not suffering alone.)

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:17:55pm

re: #63 Anymouse

Would have loved to see their response to Watergate. //

Decatur Deb  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:18:30pm

re: #59 Barefoot Grin

It’s no great CT. A lot of billionaires are citizens of the Republic of Pelf. They don’t allow dual-citizenship.

Belafon  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:19:47pm

I’m surprised Germany hasn’t tried to do anything about this.

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:20:35pm

re: #59 Barefoot Grin

For what it’s worth, my wife corresponds with a person who is a member of the Club of Rome. We’re not exactly living high on the hog here.

Stanley Sea  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:21:02pm
BeachDem  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:22:08pm

re: #38 teleskiguy

And, as if on cue…

The Billings Gazette is reporting that new Rep. Greg Gianforte (R-MT) might be trying to negotiate a plea deal for his misdemeanor assault charges after an encounter with Guardian reporter Ben Jacobs.

rawstory.com

Decatur Deb  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:22:32pm

The Mayors of Pittsburgh and Paris: We Have Our Own Climate Deal

NYT:nytimes.com

Kragar  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:22:48pm
Teukka  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:23:45pm

I’m surprised Germany hasn’t tried to do anything about this.

They might be trying a surprise package :3

teleskiguy  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:26:12pm

attn: wrenchwench

Amory Blaine  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:26:21pm

Hey guys!! So, what’s been going on?
///

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:26:52pm

re: #69 Stanley Sea

OFFS Lumpy. Pathteic even for a loser like you.

William Lewis  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:30:08pm

re: #56 Stanley Sea

My hero, in real sense.

Charles Johnson  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:30:44pm
The Ghost of Senator Incitatus  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:31:35pm

re: #59 Barefoot Grin

No need for a CT. This is a business model for banks these days: you’re already a pass-through money-handling operation employing specialists skilled in hiding assets…and already handling money from dictators and other shady developing world kleptocrats…it’s only a tiny hop to being a full-time co-conspirator with international financial crime.

Look at HSBC’s scandal laundering money for a comparison: they’re big and international, so getting caught laundering the bloodiest of money only produced a slap on the wrist. The Canary Islands aren’t just a tax haven, they’re a money laundering operation, because there things require the same skillset.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:32:22pm

Boom.

jaunte  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:34:42pm
freetoken  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:36:19pm

re: #80 HappyWarrior

There is no “boom” until the Republicans in the House decide there will be a “boom”.

The reason Trump is still President is because the Republicans in the House, and their owners, think they can still use Trump to forward their own agenda of moving trillions of dollars from the public coffers into the pockets of said owners.

teleskiguy  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:36:34pm

Nothing is going to happen to Fuckface Von Clownstick until the houses of congress are flipped in 2018, and that ain’t no guarantee.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:38:13pm

re: #82 freetoken

True that.

teleskiguy  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:38:24pm

re: #83 teleskiguy

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:38:46pm

re: #83 teleskiguy

We need to tie every Republican to Trump.Don’t let the “moderates” run away from him.

Teukka  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:39:03pm

re: #82 freetoken

Problem is, if they wait too long with the Kabloie….

Stanley Sea  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:39:43pm
Barefoot Grin  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:41:11pm

re: #79 The Ghost of Senator Incitatus

I can’t remember the journalist—I think it was James Fallows—but he wrote about a jet-setting group of high-school-aged kids who casually linked up in Shanghai, Singapore, St. Martin-de-Belleville, or Steamboat Springs: American and British ex-pats, Chinese princelings, etc.

Kragar  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:41:43pm
Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:42:04pm

re: #75 Amory Blaine

Hey guys!! So, what’s been going on?
///

Guinea pigs being cute, the usual. Nothing special. (My wife did finish knitting the duvet for the bed in the last hour or so.)

teleskiguy  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:42:34pm
ipsos  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:43:09pm

re: #90 Kragar

Waaaaaiiitttt….. Angela Merkel put pressure on Comey, too?

///

teleskiguy  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:44:07pm

This made me upchuck in my mouth.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:46:11pm

re: #94 teleskiguy

This made me upchuck in my mouth.

You know Pence was furious inside seeing all those women not being homemakers.

Decatur Deb  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:47:03pm

re: #95 HappyWarrior

You know Pence was furious inside seeing all those women not being homemakers.

NASA told him they were going to the ISS to cook.

Mattand  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:47:22pm

What time does Comey start destroying the Trump Horror tomorrow?

This is not the most artful way to put this, but as I much I want Trump gone, it’s a bitter pill to “root” for a guy like Comey who helped fucking put him there in the first place, by politicizing the FBI.

All of the obnoxious pundit vomiting about how Comey is a man of honor is horseshit. I will go to my grave convinced that Comey cared more about finally getting the Clinton scalp he failed to obtain as a member of the Whitewater team, then he did about using the FBI to sway a presidential election.

Comey will always be Obama’s second biggest mistake; the first being that he thought the racist shitheels in the GOP would even consider working with an African-American president.

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:48:45pm

re: #96 Decatur Deb

NASA told him they were going to the ISS to cook.

But I thought Mike Pence didn’t want to be in a room with a woman without his wife there?

jaunte  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:48:55pm
Myron Falwell  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:48:56pm

re: #85 teleskiguy

Trump’s biggest liability is Trump himself. He has neither the competence or charisma Bill Clinton had.

This has the makings of a false equivalency.

teleskiguy  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:49:06pm

The Fuckface Von Clownstick troll bot army has their talking points, and they’re retarded.

teleskiguy  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:49:37pm

re: #100 Myron Falwell

This has the makings of a false equivalency.

Don’t get happy.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:50:07pm

re: #101 teleskiguy

I geuss they’re doing the old throw shit up against the wall and hope it sticks.

Belafon  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:50:22pm

re: #98 Anymouse

Only if he’s alone with them.

Decatur Deb  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:50:24pm

re: #98 Anymouse

Not a sin if she’s in nomex.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:50:45pm

re: #100 Myron Falwell

This has the makings of a false equivalency.

I hear ya but never underestimate the American people making a mistake. Reagan got re-elected in a landslide.

Myron Falwell  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:51:17pm

re: #102 teleskiguy

Don’t get happy.

I’ll only be happy once he and his ilk meet their long-deserved fate.

Patricia Kayden  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:52:23pm

re: #1 gocart mozart

What are the sycophants saying?

So? Who the hell cares how he rolls? That’s not an excuse to break laws or act in an unethical manner.

Try “That’s how President Hillary Clinton rolls” out with your Rightwing friends and get back to me.

Belafon  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:52:28pm

re: #106 HappyWarrior

Iran-Contra, his biggest scandal, happened in his second term.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:53:26pm

Iran-Contra, his biggest scandal, happened in his second term.

True, true.

Shiplord Kirel  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:53:30pm

With any luck, Comey’s testimony will be the Mitla Pass of the Trump regime.

Barefoot Grin  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:53:35pm

Russian organized crime syndicate busted:

justice.gov

Mattand  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:53:53pm

re: #83 teleskiguy

Yeah, as I’ve said before, the Dems need to run the table completely to have even a glimmer of taking him down. That requires the nation’s idiot “independents”, many of whom threw a hissy fit in November, to get their shit together and vote Democratic.

Don’t see that happening. They’ll keep voting GOP, using the logic of “Well, they can’t all be nuts like Trump.”

retired cynic  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:54:09pm

I believe Hillary has some credibility there, having served in some way on the Watergate committee. Maybe she should chime in.

Myron Falwell  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:55:05pm

re: #106 HappyWarrior

The Democrat Party is still heavily liable to be torn apart by the likes of TYT fuckers and Bros.

Outside of everyone having massive lobotomies, that’s the only way Trump gets out of this.

Another wild card no one wants to think about: the likelihood of another Katrina disaster or public health crisis that risks a total collapse of the federal government.

Patricia Kayden  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:55:17pm

re: #14 Stanley Sea

Maybe next time keep your hands to yourself and answer the reporter’s question. Gianforte got off pretty easy.

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:55:36pm

re: #114 retired cynic

The right-wing talking point on that is “she was fired from that job” (though that is not true, it doesn’t matter for their narrative)

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:57:12pm

re: #115 Myron Falwell

Right, that’s what I’m worried about. I want Sanders to be a non factor or maybe even out of office by 2020.

Patricia Kayden  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:57:52pm

re: #25 teleskiguy

He only apologized because the incident was caught on audio and Fox News reporters backed up Jacobs’ version of the incident. Gianforte is still an awful person.

Myron Falwell  Jun 7, 2017 • 7:58:11pm

Iran-Contra, his biggest scandal, happened in his second term.

And Reagan used his “I can’t remember” defense that, in hindsight, was a warning sign of his eventual Alzheimer’s.

Skip Intro  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:01:14pm

re: #119 Patricia Kayden

He’s also buying his way out of an assault charge.

jaunte  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:02:50pm

Josh Marshall re-tweeting some oldies.

scottslemmons  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:04:32pm

So my off-topic blather for the night:

I’m used to having a house full of books, but have been limited to what I could keep in a single bookcase for about nine months, with almost everything else in storage. Nearly all the books I’ve got in the house are unread, so I’ve been slowly burning through them, along with whatever books I can get inexpensively on the Kindle.

Anyway I found a box in the back room full of books I’d packed but never read. I brought it in, hoping I’d found a bit of new reading material. And really, most of it’s not too inspiring — lots of books I’d gotten at the local used bookstore but never got any interest in reading. And there’s way more in the box than I’ll ever have room for in my bookcase.

In summation, I have more books than I’ll ever live long enough to read. So I’m just gonna go watch episodes of Wil Wheaton’s Tabletop show.

Belafon  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:04:58pm

Josh Marshall re-tweeting some oldies.

I regards to that, I don’t remember pressure being put on the FBI by the state department, other than possibly their disagreement over what counted as classified.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:05:26pm

Josh Marshall re-tweeting some oldies.

Good, Ryan deserves to get this thrown in his face. He deserves to be on the stockade with Trump.

Patricia Kayden  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:05:26pm

re: #86 HappyWarrior

Ossoff should be tying Trump to Handel. I’ve heard that that is not his strategy which doesn’t make sense to me. But perhaps he feels that too many Georgians still support Trump.

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:06:09pm

A break in the weather - it cleared up around here but round two is on the way. Torrington, Wyo. just got trampled and those storms merged with a set moving from South Dakota are about to do the same to Scottsbluff. They are following US-26 … if they hang together we’ll be hit by them too.

Stanley Sea  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:06:13pm
HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:06:20pm

re: #126 Patricia Kayden

Not sure. Perhaps he wants to run as himself which is also a good strategy.

Patricia Kayden  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:06:26pm

re: #121 Skip Intro

He’s also buying his way out of an assault charge.

Which he shouldn’t be allowed to do.

Belafon  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:06:48pm

re: #126 Patricia Kayden

For a lot of local races, “tying Trump to ___” should be just pointing out where the two of them are going to screw everyone over.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:06:51pm

re: #128 Stanley Sea

This is history. Hopefully we remember it as the beginning of the end for our orange mistake.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:07:42pm

I’d love love love to see Ryan go out like Cantor did. Ryan may be one of the worst of them all since he pretends to be respectable.

teleskiguy  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:08:01pm

The live tweet is going to happen.

Unshaken Defiance  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:08:19pm

re: #82 freetoken

Splash of cold water as necessary… Reality Check

Patricia Kayden  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:09:11pm

re: #69 Stanley Sea

I’m going to stay healthy and sane just to live long enough to see Hannity go down. That’s why I eat my veggies and exercise. He’s as bad as Bill O’Reilly.

Skip Intro  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:09:17pm

re: #133 HappyWarrior

So you got rid of Cantor and got someone worse. You get rid of Ryan and ______________

Get the idea?

Belafon  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:10:25pm

re: #137 Skip Intro

Get the idea?

Until we stop allowing Republicans to win Congress.

teleskiguy  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:11:34pm

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

retired cynic  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:12:34pm

re: #139 teleskiguy

F*ck that!

Patricia Kayden  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:13:02pm

re: #60 Stanley Sea

It is going to be my night time read.

Vanity Fair kills it on stories like this.

I’ve subscribed to Vanity Fair for years now. Love their stories and especially Grayden Carter’s digs at Trump.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:13:53pm

re: #137 Skip Intro

Get the idea?

I hear ya but I can’t stand that asshole and his life of hypocrisy.

Scout  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:14:34pm

re: #128 Stanley Sea

That’s really cool. I’d love to get a real copy.

Belafon  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:14:48pm

re: #139 teleskiguy

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:15:15pm

re: #139 teleskiguy

That’s a pathetic excuse. Teddy Roosevelt was just as much NYC as Trump was and would never do the shit Trump does. Christie can fuck off with these pathetic excuses for Trump. But then agian the guy’s a crook himself.

Barefoot Grin  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:15:19pm

[Infrastructure Week]
The Aristocrats!
[/Infrastructure Week]

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:16:30pm

Christie in short seems to be “Come on guys, we the people who voted for him have really low expectations for him so you should oto.” Fuck this. You said Hillary Clinton should be locked up over an email server and now you’re saying that Trump attempting to get the FBI Director to stop investigating his guys is just “New York.”

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:16:43pm

Interesting editorial in my regional paper.

They have been “all Trump, all the time.” (I would unsubscribe, but I need the regional news they provide.)

Anyway, their narrative shifted in an op-ed: They are throwing Jared Kushner under the bus for their readership, claiming Kushner is “holding Trump back.”

My Unicameral representative (Steve Erdman, district 47, ran unopposed) has an argument straight from Kansas, on how cutting the budget of the University of Nebraska will improve the University.

They did, however, run a letter to the editor chastising whigninig Trump supporters claiming “unfair treatment” comparing his treatment to President Obama’s treatment.

starherald.com

The letter starts by quoting a previous letter, then takes that writer apart:

In a letter that appeared here 4-2-17, Mike Hartzler ranted about how mad he is because “the left-wing is spreading hate, venom, lies and making attacks and threats at our president and his family.”

In that letter he stated “these atrocities by the left-wing with Obama’s blessing to overthrow the Trump Administration are nothing short of treason and fan the flames of revolution and the whole lot should be locked up”.

Stanley Sea  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:18:29pm

re: #141 Patricia Kayden

I used to. I still have a huge stack from the 90’s. I go back & read all the time.

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:19:26pm

re: #133 HappyWarrior

I’d like to see Ryan ousted by a Democrat. Dave Brat ousted Eric Cantor, and Brat is a bigger libertarian wingnut than Ryan is.

goddamnedfrank  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:19:47pm

re: #19 Stanley Sea

It still is a good letter. Compared to others.

Which only means Gianforte didn’t write it.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:20:15pm

re: #150 Anymouse

The good news is Ryan’s district is more moderate than Cantor is. Henrico County is a RW hell hole.

retired cynic  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:20:18pm

re: #142 HappyWarrior

I hear ya but I can’t stand that asshole and his life of hypocrisy.

And true mediocrity. He has failed up all his life by pretending to be sincere.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:21:45pm

re: #153 retired cynic

And true mediocrity. He has failed up all his life by pretending to be sincere.

I know it sounds mean spirited but we’re talking about a man who used his deceased father’s SS benefits to pay for his college and then uses his political career to make it harder for kids to afford college. I can’t stand snobby bastards like Trump and Mitt Romney who have no idea what it’s like to struggle but I have a special contempt for people like Ryan who have soem understanding. Ryan’s parents should have taken Atlas Shrugged away from him and given him something worth a damn and based in reality.

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:22:35pm

re: #152 HappyWarrior

Henrico County was a RWNJ area when I was living in Virginia Beach (and that is saying a lot considering how right-wing Virginia Beach is) twenty-five years ago.

Barefoot Grin  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:23:48pm

Were Rogers and Coats protecting Trump or protecting a larger investigation in which obstruction is tater tots?

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:24:01pm

re: #155 Anymouse

Hasn’t changed really since Cantor and now Brat represent that area. Virginia has changed I’d say to more educated people and more diversity. We’re not the Old South here as much as some states are thankfully.

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:24:40pm

re: #154 HappyWarrior

Imagine if Paul Ryan had been given The Lord of the Rings … the evergreen quote for libertarians:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. — John Rogers

calochortus  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:25:08pm

re: #156 Barefoot Grin

I guess we’ll find out.

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:26:26pm

re: #157 HappyWarrior

Virginia Beach still has Pat Robertson, who apparently is a lich and cannot die.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:26:31pm

re: #158 Anymouse

Shit anything but Rand’s work would have done him good. I read Rand’s work around that same age- required for philosophy class and it was just a giant excuse to be a selfish asshole. I mean if you want to be a selfish assohle, fine but don’t try to pass it off as a philosophy to me and don’t get involved in work that directly effects literally billions of people.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:27:08pm

re: #160 Anymouse

Yeah it does. Lynchburg was Falwell Country. I know it will shock you utterly but I never considered applying to Liberty or Regent heh.

teleskiguy  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:28:22pm

Old friend of mine (guy I’ve known for 30 years) just posted this to Facebook. He runs security for the big venues in Denver.

Metallica, Mile High Stadium, 7 June 2017
Barefoot Grin  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:28:50pm

re: #159 calochortus

I guess we’ll find out.

I can’t believe they’d protect Trump, but I’ve also been known to follow the hopeful Louise Mensch bullshit parade. “Hope for the best, expect the worst, seldom disappointed, sometimes pleasantly surprised.”

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:29:14pm

re: #161 HappyWarrior

Fortunately I did not go to college, so I was not forced to read Ayn Rand’s magnum opus. Anyone who could write a book entitled The Virtue of Selfishness is pretty much off my reading list.

retired cynic  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:30:00pm

re: #163 teleskiguy

Tough job!

Scottish Dragon  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:30:06pm

re: #57 gocart mozart

Charles, what do you know about this?

Interesting that Sarah Kendzior made the list.

Joe Bacon  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:30:25pm

Every time I get a new iPhone I’m amazed again at how much awesomeness can be packed into a thin little slab of ICs and microprocessors.

And how incredibly dependent we’ve become on these slabs.

Each one has become more amazing. I’m shocked at how they are getting better at gameplaying, especially chess and bridge! When I got the first chess game for the iPhone it was an easy pushover. Now the latest ones are giving me a stiff challenge!

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:31:47pm

re: #165 Anymouse

I read The Fountainehad in HS. Don’t get me wrong. i am glad I read it because people need to read Ayn Rand to actually understand how awful she is.

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:32:22pm

re: #162 HappyWarrior

Liberty University and CBN Regent University. Two blights on the great Commonwealth of Virginia.

No Depression  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:34:29pm

re: #169 HappyWarrior

Or they could play BioShock :)

teleskiguy  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:36:18pm

re: #163 teleskiguy

…aaand the concert is about to come to a screeching halt. Thunderstorms are moving through the area.

JordanRules  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:37:57pm

I really do think 45 is especially ignorant, even moreso on nuanced Government issues. It’s easy to imagine him just criticising anything Obama and his officials did, as well as Clinton but I sometimes think there was a groomer in place for a while. Some of his old tweets that we trot out now as irony and hypocrisy bombs really seem beyond his understanding.

covfefe  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:39:06pm

We never banned Irish Catholics, did we?

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:39:10pm

re: #172 teleskiguy

It looks like Denver is about to get trampled, according to radar.

teleskiguy  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:40:37pm

re: #175 Anymouse

It looks like Denver is about to get trampled, according to radar.

They’ve delayed the concert at Red Rocks tonight, 20 miles west of the stadium.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:41:06pm

re: #170 Anymouse

Patrick Henry too. Agh.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:42:08pm

re: #173 JordanRules

It’s different. // SEriously if these people would just admit that they wanted a Republican in any cost, fine, fuck you but at least you’re honest but don’t tell me that Trump gets off because “He’s a rookie and where he’s from, people talk like this.”

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:42:35pm

I am just so tierd of the endless excuses for Trump his lackeys and apologists have. It was all about power to you fuckwits.

whitebeach  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:43:43pm

re: #139 teleskiguy

Trump’s droolings are such “normal, New York City conversation” that New York City voted 9-1 against him.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:44:32pm

re: #180 whitebeach

Not to mention one of our most anti-corruption Presidents was a native New Yorker. And what does Trump know about actual New York? He’s a pampered brat.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:45:12pm

the people who knew Trump best rejected him loudest. What does that tell you? The idiots who only know him from the Apprentice and ADventures in Birtherism fell the most for him.

jaunte  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:47:45pm

re: #182 HappyWarrior

The popular myth of the “gifted amateur/outsider who will shake things up” is going to kill a lot of people.

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:47:46pm

I have an interesting problem to report to the VA concerning medications, but I am unsure how to report it.

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

covfefe  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:48:36pm

Remember when Obama was unqualified because he was a “community organizer”? Good times.

Joe Bacon  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:49:08pm

re: #165 Anymouse

Anymouse, I wasn’t so lucky. We were forced to read that horseshit in high school. The 12th grade English teacher was a hard core Randite. And during my Senior year the 1972 election was going on. I was a die hard McGovern backer. We had a mock election in our high school and Nixon won in a landslide. Didn’t realize at the age of 16 that woould be a harbinger of things to come…

covfefe  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:50:11pm

re: #174 covfefe

Looking at this chart. What happened between 2003 and 2004 that got the jihadists all riled up? Anyone?

sagehen  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:50:22pm

re: #82 freetoken

Which honest to god, they could do just as easily (or even easier) with President Pence. I don’t understand why they can’t see that.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:50:47pm

re: #185 covfefe

I fully expect the GOP to nominate a Kenyan born Muslim who believes in Shariah Law at some point because the GOP is the most blatantly projecting party I’ve ever seen. Okay, that’s a joke but it really is pathetic how Obama was a “community organizer” but Trump gets pass after pass. This is a morally bankrupt party. They need to go the way of the Whigs and other dead political parties. There was a time when the GOP Was a respectable center-right party but that time is gone.

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:51:03pm
Joe Bacon  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:51:19pm

re: #184 Anymouse

OOOLq5+ZGDZ1Jb3XDOYU7C9KZEkKv90Q2KyAUaC4PqkaZK7jeiaFaHolq570ZjrTvcplichy0dHF+3gB6Bz+icoz1ck0tlazO95f84P8fkDfGkxkyi7Ov4HM4udeVGMAaq8E0kVVkEuQGOnr+qJH5YWJHkV/4CVubqCi5J1ZY3pRpKUMxe7l6g4olDQRA8nKOI47TEGqjQGSgxbAuBtGIjt0qXOB7ypwJNa4jEjwx22EVS6CGFPEg5jV8V1m0To9k7RxRG/Wh+KsjWiaRQt0rPAnuQBbTv5cDR6hjtXZjGKHRsNIdsFbIQ==

Bass Reeves  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:51:30pm

re: #157 HappyWarrior

I’m looking at that as the massive influx of federal contractors since 9/11. Maybe when I retire, I can afford to live there.

As a bike mechanic!

Kragar  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:53:04pm
HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:53:31pm

re: #192 Bass Reeves

As a bike mechanic!

What I truly do love about living in NOVA is the diversity around here. I really do think it’s made our state a better place and it’swhy instead of sending people to the SEnate like George Allen, we now send Tim Kaine.

HappyWarrior  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:54:51pm

Night all. Work tomorrow.

Interesting Times  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:55:05pm

Here’s an ultra-urgent health care thread that risks getting lost in the shuffle - it details the turtle’s plan to force a vote on the craptastic House version in the Senate before the summer recess:

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:55:31pm

re: #191 Joe Bacon

vddY2N7egeNXJp9cb4Ivx0wC8yjz9LGmNdAtbZW5Dp2toqzLN0ciQdVaW/i9ytvsXvc9N7y+JXycj0/kObyhMHktgm16QHhO6Gq1E6o3PP2R3bGr78zK/rJVGiAxQLf1bXnbG3PTl/GCF3wV0Usz4ZZFy6ZDw9eyFaL+rBYMMuU=

Patricia Kayden  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:57:25pm

re: #194 HappyWarrior

Northern Virginia is a great place for shopping and restaurants and you are so right about the diversity. Too expensive for me to live there but a nice liberal oasis unlike the southern part of the state.

blueraven  Jun 7, 2017 • 8:57:49pm

re: #139 teleskiguy

Yes America, and if you fall for this load of crap, I have a bridge in NJ…wait a minute.

Seriously, Christie could be the next press secretary. He can BS with the best of them.

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:01:40pm

re: #198 Patricia Kayden

That is a problem with so-called liberal areas. They are all too expensive for me to live in.

Joe Bacon  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:07:17pm

re: #196 Interesting Times

The RepubliKKKlans are hell bent on passing that tax cut for the rich and nothing is going to stop them. They do not care if people lose their insurance and McConnell has seen what happened in Kentucky when Kynect was killed by Bevin—even MORE people voted Republican. He knows that all the Republicans have to do is turn their 24/7 Bullshit Machine up to 11 and the masses will gladly give up their health insurance because they believe they’re only a lotto ticket away from being on Easy Street.

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:08:14pm
Joe Bacon  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:09:06pm

re: #202 Anymouse

only 2/3? It’s more like Ivory Soap 99 44/100%!

Shiplord Kirel  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:10:17pm

Personal

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

CleverToad  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:10:49pm

re: #176 teleskiguy

They’ve delayed the concert at Red Rocks tonight, 20 miles west of the stadium.

There’s some pretty wild thunder cracking outside my window now. Last bolt was right overhead — set off car alarms in the neighborhood. Glad I’m not listening to this echo off Ship Rock and Creation Rock while I huddle under poncho — been there, done that at a few concerts! Hope everyone’s safe up there.

Targetpractice  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:11:20pm

Think about it: In less than 50 years, the GOP has managed to go from “Nixon needs to resign from office for the good of the party for obstructing justice” to “Look, obstruction of justice is not a big deal!”

retired cynic  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:12:08pm

re: #204 Shiplord Kirel

zJo9lm03KkuRFhRi+HHRVCrWXrAiedDPLV7mpWIISU7gw+yifrgBlit4DTkYTD7niO176/SK6NCJpLm5OA0/U80ZzJVBXFhERLNn03goZUm5LzK2xSS0Gw+gTFH8kP7eNzrhHg5r7o+u6skORQAtvjS+3uFmyR44dpujY2nachaDrKPTynIkdLm1pc4jZdiEDtx3yVJR5CA=

ipsos  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:12:55pm

re: #204 Shiplord Kirel

pTpSwAFtNFWYxhSrvPJqtZplqsm4yamkj/ED37800MOtSBPjuXBi1B3/OHXxpVMvFdvbgiks/aFgh+joowtE2pvAIc85emf+FgqrNzFNLqoM3Xy2O7cUVfvMkJSksBrqET4RqvbQT6QkJaEaDpHoag==

klys (maker of Silmarils)  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:13:09pm

re: #204 Shiplord Kirel

fGtccqyEGdMT4pbxUvLYJPGX/n3KW/4F5XJo6sYriwvlNZkupTNgw8yMkIXdKDTSxqGel9/iNeg=

Joe Bacon  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:16:12pm

re: #204 Shiplord Kirel

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

teleskiguy  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:16:39pm
meteor  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:17:33pm
teleskiguy  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:18:12pm

re: #204 Shiplord Kirel

SCToc32tIbyJQ/5FjIaem7kDBptgIcad20YNTqKKarxyCvRpxnJ1cK9l6Lul225Mzk8Y3TIJfrpIrNeJuqJHT3elBFDc5F0K3+QTlLgraOLZjy5cztRlx6fIn2TiyV0NKMYJ5knZpzE=

Stanley Sea  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:18:54pm

re: #204 Shiplord Kirel

k7e6RDnYIAYCCWAKrzzzXB2dTYVcIwFcvvG8zUTaRGxvXR9a472bp8hvtG41S9WLV2qvqSYYyvKdbUWiSIC4B/nUNUVLi5iN

goddamnedfrank  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:22:01pm
Targetpractice  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:22:32pm

re: #204 Shiplord Kirel

Personal

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

Myron Falwell  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:22:33pm

re: #137 Skip Intro

Get the idea?

Exactly. Vote them out continuously until the Republicans get a fucking clue. If they get more radical, that’s their fault, not ours.

Targetpractice  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:24:32pm

re: #211 teleskiguy

100 likes!

“President* Trump is not personally under investigation, so how could there be any crime here?!”

“He tried to obstruct justice.”

“LEAVE MIKE FLYNN ALONE!!!”

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:27:41pm

re: #204 Shiplord Kirel

Personal

cgqMb8FohU5cJHF2hfPnwlYoBdzsCG6fUa8BYebt3YBunwJGVmi8SCEFgwyY2zJmu3e23erOaseufw63uXGRRTaVlhGb6vNNQ629x9utTkmEFSK1KcBd6h70fXqu1wVO

goddamnedfrank  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:28:28pm

Off topic but I really need Sega to get off their ass and publish a new Virtua Fighter game. Tekken 7 is pretty good but just isn’t the same.

Shiplord Kirel  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:30:02pm

re: #210 Joe Bacon

89dbIESiZP4jBUFoayDnFkZSegP89Fsi3V8wRP51BhAPfrn7UOMKD5qfu3CNORLbX0y+MlthVFZJBLvsXM323X7bWsm+rxvQFoqOUy7mqksHLI9BYzamEEn5/S6KzJE3kNW2riNg3SADvQDD6MtrS3wZHgXsaK/F+T4Tr40XPdsr84dcmdGR49ALfPRcSGuJdckzRcgul9PagJWPreKbEmc2fjDqlOT8PHbnE6ewzCExzIEAe53yOzus1NyV5pDDEkeYh8nZ/mMn8gBBUUcIjODvXUi4EJfh7LFooduljhimnemNkqL9Iy+nHtQYCcc13FGkxY6VTTPmML19kXEDKVC2emZdW2RmWI2fyMMuYw/yZUuaDlKSan0guOOhkyvZJjtLwCy2eLnVX81wVVW1/2M6mOZXAqyNw7l16RQEZGg5iHItiJLS5wlj07fMIXl/4Lar+hCyZGcCFUa975wdv+C5z7jJdk1CFZbytT4UAbfRFjaPv82pe6ECg+/+guA1hPkdF3Xxxu3fWF/HKTAAtUXcCJ+S/ph9E6AjFCPqnr/c0vS+A22K58f/SCl/BW2CtmBOXVHQT3eF88gfGd94yCGKMIytZMKOgq0tck4bX/UG0TAh/Nb0WtqUhjw7a9mIsdO84pLRxYTZ1LZELH1MEqndlJSibBl4b4/OJYU+lmkzBjpLapWrDTrZYOfRRWrVkWIij2gZ8a9reCKBX934TLpNMRjRn4Z2QjNFC09xPFdadxToy+Gpxr69xPOQd1ZlC+ZR693jsy4/eAmhsU38EkveyQlyGa+8fqAV5hdAqt17htHgFG42nfih3hJW0zR5rkVuizEmyG+gBS/XF+15XWT5Qo2Yw2yEb6omywZRTRrgQgnTSwt6NbilIkBhloByP7Cg0qkWpTilDXOEiO3BrqWzgpeAxVA8cqca9H8P7JkXpVGVpNuux0sa+8mI392zLrTp5xWotJc8SaGrpvlV8QtBcYuG77XarsBU8Z07xZZ6+E4IX4rF+ooaos1a0tRBu82W/2AQeVrvITbKbRmxcb1x35cv85Q8wGjpF8oRFbDjY9Fte4YeU5vXApt6tWjCAmnlAOWXmy06/zML0HrDhOBpGLZBhZOs6fNWgae9P2soXD+HpultSyFnRfmBgTkaH4Nx5r5P9itS5K1llCHHbIMw3+7vkASF/fqs0MkxxbqaRB5u0juqyWDeSTnj3yWhd1+LYNYHeRxH8Fua5KELFFv9ea1L8TRj

Charles Johnson  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:35:21pm

re: #57 gocart mozart

Charles, what do you know about this?

I’m highly skeptical about this. I’d need to see some kind of real evidence before I’d believe it. 99% of the time these kinds of claims turn out to be paranoid fantasies.

JordanRules  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:35:22pm

re: #196 Interesting Times

Really good thread. When all you want is grift and chaos, almost every cluster can result in wins on the side. I hope America is ready to pay attention on multiple fronts.

Joe Bacon  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:36:17pm

re: #221 Shiplord Kirel

RF+bDuuQgXxmHtPCrUpQvBzVFc+Yi5U26mogMLPuW7AKMymxRiFa84A/mfLUIi1diSsgKEC04//H6TUvcuBr/L0e8lvT6D9Of9RIcSqAJs/zhUoHvzjpPkFrtrTNSJs/

Targetpractice  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:37:35pm

re: #220 goddamnedfrank

I just want it to be September already. E3’s coming up and Bungie will be taunting me with more glimpses of Destiny 2.

Anymouse  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:37:45pm

re: #217 Myron Falwell

The only problem is if they get radical enough, we might wind up against a wall. Note Eric Trump’s “Democrats aren’t people” statement on FOX. Note FOX’s host did not immediately shut down the kind of statement that is the prelude to politicide.

Joe Bacon  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:39:40pm

re: #226 Anymouse

Now just imagine if Malia Obama said “Republicans aren’t people”. The entire 24/7 Republican Bullshit Machine would have been turned up to 11…

JordanRules  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:40:48pm

re: #204 Shiplord Kirel

Such a complicated history revealing so much about us human folk. I hope you and your niece forge ahead in a new space filled with peace and love.

retired cynic  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:41:50pm

re: #227 Joe Bacon

That would still happen.

Myron Falwell  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:47:34pm

re: #226 Anymouse

The Republican Party is already past the point of no return. Their rank-and-file agree with Eric in needed politicide, fueled by their long-seeded racism and white supremacism.

Shiplord Kirel  Jun 7, 2017 • 9:56:02pm

re: #227 Joe Bacon

REPUBLICANS ARE NOT PEOPLE, BUT SOYLENT GREEN IS!

J2cMJ/2ASZtGa4u1cEsT19H4qE18fpQMG9ni2BYXcnloBBr5c+GDARhZQouGiEU6btqURcPRESi7ghcVeX4erw+efu+DeIzbkPLFQTz4AzUvLawuCsJnSg==

William Lewis  Jun 8, 2017 • 1:38:58am

re: #204 Shiplord Kirel

aYVEZ5FrC3EyaeJ7VznmpiQwoOBOGiljjVyZywjRwxPXdf6qMrRHN/5A+6yvp8EIEQ1wsfhla163APiJwa/bDFhFNCEhgcm+6wT1I5uX/e/oyfI5gjmPGOErh/Urjxv0XsmoOx1VmUCz2CYCHR6hjj0ut3wTyvWvo0RwIc7xXvkSTT8iMHskz6Nv4l0l3MaDBtEqldzTKjrGA77w5tONMYW/RrCfQkAa+QW4/Iq2Arnx7x+x6w3KoNDMNjcorcV9BTSmEqY0qxA1QawBb2cq+1NLiJRarg4NYq4N1yl8sYAiHefou+mWYyEyZrQYfvuLV3EWxjGWYvAQ/e47RoYCj0wLddlE5uYCm6Rft2YerswPx8UoEOCpBUadJ45llrDIIoYmUKbNlR6OBcaFWNdMAkTQfPBhbG3S

That Crashing Sound? Another Trump Promise Shatters-AT&T Merging Time Warner No surprise here, but resignation at what this means for pricing, consumer rights and privacy. Trump's campaign promise When he was campaigning for president, Trump said that AT&T/Time Warner is "a deal we will not approve in my administration ...
Unshaken Defiance
“There Is a Shriveled Emptiness Where Trump’s Soul Once Resided” When you start losing the GOP loyalists like Michael Gerson, who worked in the Bush White House, and who is NOBODY's idea of an alt-left agitator, things are getting ugly for Trump. But when Gerson goes to the Washington ...
Khal Wimpo (wounded at Bowling Green)
Another Democrat Starting Trump Impeachment Process Come on guys, get behind the bill. All of us. we should get behind this bill as it emerges as fast as we attacked the BCA. Following Donald Trump’s equivocating of white supremacists and those who oppose them in ...
Unshaken Defiance
How Militias Became the Private Police for White Supremacists Magazine Guns to a protest? Clubs? We can not tolerate anti American militias. The bloody weekend in Charlottesville that began with several hundred chanting white supremacists on a torch-lit march will long be remembered for the searing image of a ...
Unshaken Defiance
Starting in 2018, Police Dogs Injured in the Line of Duty Can Be Transported by EMS to Veterinary Clinics ST. CLAIR COUNTY, IL – Ambulances are for people. It’s always been the law of the land. In Illinois, it'll soon be "almost always". Illinois Governor, Bruce Rauner, signed House Bill 2661, Tuesday. It will allow police dogs to ...
Birth Control Works
At Last, a Big, Successful Trial of Probiotics - the Atlantic Aside from preventing sepsis, it also reduced the risk of infections by both the major groups of bacteria: the Gram-positives, by 82 percent; and the Gram-negatives, which are harder to treat with antibiotics, by 75 percent. It even reduced ...
Birth Control Works
The New War on Birth Control - Pacific Standard Although it wasn't clear at the time, the attack on Phillips marked the beginning of a new anti-contraception movement—conceived in the U.S., but unfolding in Africa, where women's frustrations with the dearth of safe, effective family planning options are ...
Birth Control Works
M83 - Do It, Try It (David Wilson Video) M83 - Do It, Try It video by David Wilson. Following the video's premiere at Sundance Next Fest it is now available to watch online. The track is taken from M83's seventh studio album Junk, available to buy & ...
Marvel’s the Defenders It’s all coming together. Learn about The Defenders from the stars themselves: Charlie Cox, Krysten Ritter, Mike Colter and Finn Jones. Marvel’s The Defenders premieres globally August 18, 2017, only on Netflix. Watch The Defenders on Netflix: netflix.com SUBSCRIBE: ...
AG Madigan Issues Guidelines for Responding to Sexual Assault Crimes “We took a comprehensive look at why sexual assault survivors rarely report their crimes to law enforcement, and it was clear that our criminal justice system can and must respond, investigate and better support survivors,” Illinois Attorney General Lisa ...
Birth Control Works