Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jul 7, 2017 • 6:34:21pm

The Tweet of the Angry Yam.

Skip Intro  Jul 7, 2017 • 6:35:29pm

Maybe he was too tired to stand up.

Unshaken Defiance  Jul 7, 2017 • 6:35:58pm

Repost

Our interests are set aside too. What should be our agenda, ideas, resources. All lost, wasted on a bully and a boor.

EPR-radar  Jul 7, 2017 • 6:36:03pm

That picture is very entertaining. I’m a simple person. Anything that make this piece of shit pr*s*d*nt unhappy makes me happy.

HappyWarrior  Jul 7, 2017 • 6:36:44pm

Not even six full months into this mess. Sigh.

Targetpractice  Jul 7, 2017 • 6:39:32pm

Even Dubya at his most unpopular could expect other world leaders to take him seriously. Our allies seem to have concluded that Trump’s a joke in just six months.

teleskiguy  Jul 7, 2017 • 6:41:22pm

WHERE THE YOUNG WOMEN AT? I THOUGHT I’D SEE MORE GOOD ASS. THIS IS BORING.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jul 7, 2017 • 6:41:42pm
EPR-radar  Jul 7, 2017 • 6:42:39pm

re: #6 Targetpractice

The other world leaders want to talk about policy issues which tr*mp could not possibly care less about. All that tr*mp wants to talk about are his popular vote and electoral college wins, how he is the single most magnificent man ever, etc.

Just wait until this starts getting leaked to the foreign press.

goddamnedfrank  Jul 7, 2017 • 6:43:05pm
HappyWarrior  Jul 7, 2017 • 6:44:03pm

re: #10 goddamnedfrank

The right hasn’t understood America for a very long time.

HappyWarrior  Jul 7, 2017 • 6:44:55pm

Oh come on, let Pence have his brief moment of feeling he did something dirty NASA.

EPR-radar  Jul 7, 2017 • 6:45:46pm

re: #10 goddamnedfrank

Disagreeing over the understanding of America is chump change here. The right and left in the US no longer share a common understanding of reality. 2+2 = 5 will be the next step in wingnut degeneration.

goddamnedfrank  Jul 7, 2017 • 6:45:59pm

re: #10 goddamnedfrank

teleskiguy  Jul 7, 2017 • 6:48:38pm

re: #10 goddamnedfrank

David Harsanyi is a libertarian loon who is itchin’ to shoot liberals dead in the streets, fucking unhinged. Hot garbage.

Unshaken Defiance  Jul 7, 2017 • 6:55:11pm

GlutenFreeJesus  Jul 7, 2017 • 6:55:38pm

re: #9 EPR-radar

Trump couldn’t care less about every day policy. And he’d also tell Vlad what everyone else was discussing. Nobody trusts or likes him.

teleskiguy  Jul 7, 2017 • 6:58:57pm

Some small storms moving through. Air is too dry at the surface, no moisture reaching the ground. A few lightning strikes. Fire danger is extreme. *gulp*

freetoken  Jul 7, 2017 • 6:59:06pm

Neat science news of the day, no creationists allowed:

A fourth Denisovan individual

The presence of Neandertals in Europe and Western Eurasia before the arrival of anatomically modern humans is well supported by archaeological and paleontological data. In contrast, fossil evidence for Denisovans, a sister group of Neandertals recently identified on the basis of DNA sequences, is limited to three specimens, all of which originate from Denisova Cave in the Altai Mountains (Siberia, Russia). We report the retrieval of DNA from a deciduous lower second molar (Denisova 2), discovered in a deep stratigraphic layer in Denisova Cave, and show that this tooth comes from a female Denisovan individual. On the basis of the number of “missing substitutions” in the mitochondrial DNA determined from the specimen, we find that Denisova 2 is substantially older than two of the other Denisovans, reinforcing the view that Denisovans were likely to have been present in the vicinity of Denisova Cave over an extended time period. We show that the level of nuclear DNA sequence diversity found among Denisovans is within the lower range of that of present-day human populations.

The tooth belonged to a child who lived up to a 100ky before the most recent Denisovan in the cave.

So that branch of the Homo tree was living in that area for a long, long time.

EPR-radar  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:00:00pm

Here’s a most excellent description of Hannity from a RedState contributor: “Trump’s monkey butler.”

The Spite House  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:00:05pm
EPR-radar  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:04:01pm

re: #19 freetoken

The 6000 year old earth demanded by young earth creationists is the quadruply distilled essence of pig-headed willful stupidity.

If this essence could be extracted and made contagious, it would make a fine weapon to use in case we are visited by malevolent space-facing aliens with vastly superior technology.

freetoken  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:06:16pm

re: #22 EPR-radar

The joy of the rise of the Flat-Earth cult is seeing all the YEC’s gnashing teeth over it.

sagehen  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:11:16pm

mcsweeneys.net

MY NAME IS MITCH MCCONNELL AND I OWE THANATOS, THE GOD OF DEATH, 22 MILLION HUMAN SOULS

My relationship with the God of Death began as these things typically do: I met him at a Republican donor event. We bonded over our mutual love of back deals and being drunk with power. Before I knew it, I had agreed to trade 22 million human lives in exchange for a sizable donation to several GOP congressional candidates. I made a terrible deal from which I cannot be unbound.

Ah, jeeze. You’ve really done it this time, Mitchy. If this were one or two lives that I owed to the God of Death, I could close out my tab the old-fashioned way: by murdering a couple of my summer interns. But, this is 22 million lives we’re talking about. That’s a sizable portion of the country, so the only way I’m going to kill that many people is through cruel, heartless, and targeted legislation

Birth Control Works  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:12:00pm
EPR-radar  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:12:52pm

re: #23 freetoken

What beef do the YEC idiots have vs. the flat earth idiots?

Charles Johnson  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:13:07pm

Instagram

Happened to hear this song today in Italy. “Behind Blue Eyes” by Pete Townshend and performed by The Who:

No one knows what it’s like
To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes

No one knows what it’s like
To be hated
To be fated
To telling only lies…

freetoken  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:14:38pm

re: #26 EPR-radar

What beef do the YEC idiots have vs. the flat earth idiots?

Because some Flat-Earthers are religious, primarily.

But also because the scorn at Flat-Earthing is being lumped with YEC scorn.

teleskiguy  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:14:39pm

Pete Souza, the man with the most shade to throw at Fuckface Von Clownstick.

Birth Control Works  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:16:12pm

If you are on fb and would “like” Team Oscar, you will get weekly dog and MS news and humor. (plus, it makes hubby-the MS patient-feel good when the page get’s likes)

That is Feral Girl in the pic with her Junior Handler.

Birth Control Works  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:17:36pm

re: #28 freetoken

Because some Flat-Earthers are religious, primarily.

But also because the scorn at Flat-Earthing is being lumped with YEC scorn.

There is a difference?

Weaselone  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:18:07pm

re: #14 goddamnedfrank

Of course we don’t. My favorite part is where he contests the existence of dog whistles in the speech in the comments, while the totally not racist white christian nationalists are busy responding to these non existent noises further down.

Birth Control Works  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:18:25pm

because, honestly, I thought the earth was flat when it was young, then grew in cup-size as it aged and had babies.

HappyWarrior  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:22:17pm

Hahhaha.

EPR-radar  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:23:16pm

re: #28 freetoken

Because some Flat-Earthers are religious, primarily.

But also because the scorn at Flat-Earthing is being lumped with YEC scorn.

I did some poking about on the internet and found this tidbit: “Young-earth creationism, geocentrism, and flat-earthism are respectively the liberal, moderate, and conservative branches of the Bible-science tree” which rings true to me.

So it is a civil war among closely related crackpots.

Weaselone  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:25:06pm

re: #35 EPR-radar

So it is a civil war among closely related crackpots.

I’m not sure I get this. How would you define any of these positions as liberal vs moderate vs conservative?

De Kolta Chair  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:25:15pm

Don’t forget that much of the world correctly thinking Trump is an addlepated rightwing loon is a plus for his supporters, and he’ll be counting on that in 2018 and 2020.

Birth Control Works  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:27:18pm

VOCABULARY WORD OF THE DAY:

pruritus
noun pru*ri*tus \prü-ˈrīt-əs\
localized or generalized itching due to irritation of sensory nerve endings : itch

Stanley Sea  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:28:58pm

The shade is so intense you get chills.

EPR-radar  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:30:26pm

re: #36 Weaselone

The liberals in this case are the ones most willing to deviate from biblical literalism, while these conservatives are the one most committed to biblical literalism. So these flat-earthers are the way they are because of biblical passages that more or less explicitly require a flat earth. The young earth creationists interpret these same passages as not requiring a flat earth, proving once again that all sides in this mess are picking and choosing what they want to believe.

salon.com

Birth Control Works  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:31:18pm

bbl

Nyet  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:32:16pm

re: #35 EPR-radar

So it is a civil war among closely related crackpots.

The fiercer the struggle.

Charles Johnson  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:33:30pm
Barefoot Grin  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:35:58pm

“They’ll be sorry for ignoring me when Putin and I enact our plan!”

EPR-radar  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:36:24pm

tr*mp: I have devoured an entire bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken, so I will have the epic shits starting at 3 AM tomorrow. Preparations for the next Twitter ‘fireside chat’ are now complete.

makeitstop  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:38:37pm

Remember when people thought it couldn’t get any worse than Dubya? Good times.

(He’s starting to look more like Poppy these days.)

Anymouse 🌹  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:39:56pm

I am back after going to town for the first time in three weeks. Had to go grocery shopping and such.

Driving up the street of the county seat, my wife pointed out a person we know from out in the rural area of the county parked in front of the gun shop with a new bumper sticker on his old truck: Annoy a liberal, buy a gun.

“Oh hell, no,” I said and flipped around the block.

Parked right in front of him on the street and walked into the gun shop. Looked around a minute, then selected two boxes of 12 gage shotgun shells, and walked up to the counter where he was talking to the shop owner.

Guy looks at me (not the shop owner) and says “I thought liberals hated guns.”

I told him in a low voice not to let out our best secret. Paid for my shells and walked back out to my liberal eco-friendly Smart car with the memory of the guy’s face.

Stanley Sea  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:40:04pm

6Sqz1mydAig0nxjw6r/8fzbGIjjLsJgFSTzL/E6Wtj/khrShzxVQ1CPScrGVWCnMWcCGPfDXtK7OXGRXESb1pDyGbHWG2wXGWd2ga8iVUX2A/s77xto9ecsTl7pPDq76+H3Ww44I5k/qnT2wLd9Yr7viH3VBN47EKCjQ78HVe5q6WV9k4L3C+fiDZBilQSvhWU3ILJNwH8GH5Alf7CcCg6+sr8/ZTvdkaCJEiNimvEKzdBVJFytAwKkor5qA3AdNjAY/wRm7c4hIiWOneDuUJfruxL7ObOJCw0lfK6p4wdQkS+O6BfeES8o8WhvKmrpgkd9YKlfZMQRfhdIttKZJjGakvI4WddRi01Almk6CBOormOoJmc8BJA==

prairiefire  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:41:51pm

re: #30 Birth Control Works

I liked Walk MS but couldn’t find team oscar.

bratwurst  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:42:46pm

Area lunatic is still batshit insane:

teleskiguy  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:42:51pm

re: #46 makeitstop

I unequivocally think that Dubya was a disaster as president, he fucked things up good.

I would rather have him be president than Fuckface Von Clownstick. My mind is tied in tangled knots.

Unshaken Defiance  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:43:24pm
makeitstop  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:46:19pm

re: #51 teleskiguy

I feel that. I never thought there would be another president who would come close to the levels of ineptitude of the Bush II administration.

I sure got that one wrong.

De Kolta Chair  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:51:37pm

re: #50 bratwurst

Area lunatic is still batshit insane:

I just emailed the Cosmic Zeitgeist Council, asking them to explain Michael Tracey’s existence and will notify you when I receive a reply. This might take a while.

goddamnedfrank  Jul 7, 2017 • 7:54:26pm
goddamnedfrank  Jul 7, 2017 • 8:00:40pm
De Kolta Chair  Jul 7, 2017 • 8:00:54pm

re: #38 Birth Control Works

VOCABULARY WORD OF THE DAY:

Itches are Dogs’ way of telling us we have fleas. But srsly I’ve always been fascinated by those slightly irksome little things.

Stanley Sea  Jul 7, 2017 • 8:01:53pm

re: #53 makeitstop

I sure got that one wrong.

You are a NYer. Everyone there knows the yam & his ineptitude. I KNEW from fucking Vanity Fair in the 80’s.

They didn’t listen. There was an alarm the size of the nuclear duck and cover. They didn’t listen.

teleskiguy  Jul 7, 2017 • 8:03:30pm

You can see exactly where the warm column of air is racing up into the cloud, right where it’s flat at the bottom of the cloud, like a reverse anvil-shaped cloud. That’s where rotation of warm and cold air takes place, when it reaches the ground we call them tornadoes.

jaunte  Jul 7, 2017 • 8:08:42pm

re: #50 bratwurst

Area lunatic is still batshit insane:

Michael Tracey still whining about being pushed around by a 78 year old woman. What a fool.

HappyWarrior  Jul 7, 2017 • 8:09:50pm

re: #55 goddamnedfrank

They don’t want a coalition. They want everyone to kiss their ass.

teleskiguy  Jul 7, 2017 • 8:14:26pm

Shit, man.

Police gained the upper hand in Hamburg early on Friday morning after a day of running clashes with anti-capitalist protesters seeking to disrupt the city’s G20 summit of global leaders.

Heavily armed police commandos moved in after activists had spent much of the day attempting to wrest control of the streets from more than 15,000 police, setting fires, looting and building barricades.

[…]

Protesters torched cars and lorries, smashed windows in banks, looted retail stores and hurled paving slabs and other objects before police managed to restore order. Some 197 officers were injured after two days of clashes in the port city. Police made 19 arrests and detained dozens more.

goddamnedfrank  Jul 7, 2017 • 8:17:12pm
sizzzzlerz  Jul 7, 2017 • 8:22:23pm

Cleaning it isn’t the point. You had a sign there, very clearly stating not to touch. This boob went ahead and touched it. If you host this idiot again, please place all items that your really don’t want touched on a shelf, high above it head. He obviously is to fucking stupid to read. Give him the Lego version instead.

Nyet  Jul 7, 2017 • 8:28:29pm

re: #62 teleskiguy

Fucking commies.

goddamnedfrank  Jul 7, 2017 • 8:28:31pm
sizzzzlerz  Jul 7, 2017 • 8:30:12pm

re: #53 makeitstop

I sure got that one wrong.

So did a lot of people. We relied on our system of government to exclude manifestly unqualified people from holding the most important job in the world. It failed bigly with the support of what has to be the most ignorant collection of voters ever. I couldn’t have dreamed of this nightmare in a million years.

bratwurst  Jul 7, 2017 • 8:32:48pm
HappyWarrior  Jul 7, 2017 • 8:39:07pm

re: #68 bratwurst

Owned like the stupid wingnut asshole he is.

teleskiguy  Jul 7, 2017 • 8:39:39pm

Friday Night Death Metal!

BeachDem  Jul 7, 2017 • 8:54:02pm

re: #50 bratwurst

Area lunatic is still batshit insane:

I can’t believe he’s still whining about that. And I have to say, just looking at his pretentious “contemplative” avi drawing, you know he’s an asshole.

goddamnedfrank  Jul 7, 2017 • 8:59:39pm
HappyWarrior  Jul 7, 2017 • 9:13:41pm

re: #73 goddamnedfrank

I don’t know why it shocks people. Racism is still very much a thing.

Jebediah, RBG  Jul 7, 2017 • 9:17:18pm

re: #73 goddamnedfrank

How does anyone alive during Obama’s term doubt that millions of Americans are racist?

prairiefire  Jul 7, 2017 • 10:24:20pm

re: #48 Stanley Sea

LKTX5od68GkdB2tjNVGxCbuBTBYr7ywRZjKx5sA/G/GjPNVV4kHGWA==

sauceruney  Jul 8, 2017 • 6:37:39am

I spend too much time lurking here to feel comfortable replying with the cheeky mood I’m in today, so I’ll just say hello!

darthstar  Jul 8, 2017 • 6:37:46am
sauceruney  Jul 8, 2017 • 6:40:41am

re: #78 darthstar

Imagine Jenna Bush sitting there with a bottle of Lone Star.

Birth Control Works  Jul 8, 2017 • 10:08:54am

re: #49 prairiefire

I liked Walk MS but couldn’t find team oscar.

click the link under the picture

Chez Ko Pe  Jul 8, 2017 • 1:18:06pm

It’s only natural. They’re discussing world issues, and he doesn’t want to talk about anything but how he won the election in a “landslide.” Or mention for the nth time how Putin’s ass tastes just like honey.

The Line Between Hate and Debate on Facebook The Internet has been billed as the great equalizer, breaking down barriers and increasing access to information and ideas. At the same time, it has allowed for the proliferation of abuse online – whether in the form of hate, ...
Taser or Shoot First, Then Ask Questions Later?Rapid City, S.D. - The Rapid City Police Department and the Pennington County Sheriff’s Department have been unfair in their racial profiling of Native Americans, particularly young Native American men. Rapid City Police and Pennington County Deputies are too quick ...
Samuel Vargo
Expert’s Advice: Don’t Engage With the Alt-Right on Campus The event, organized by the campus’s Division of Equity and Inclusion, comes ahead of a series of student-sponsored events next Sunday through Wednesday that are expected to bring right-wing speakers to campus for noon and evening rallies, although the ...
Mass Protest in Philippines Over Duterte ‘Dictatorship’ Opponents criticised Mr Duterte's open threat to reinstate martial law and his brutal war on drugs that has killed thousands. Thousands also attended rival pro-Duterte rallies. Mr Duterte's own son Paolo is facing allegations of drug trafficking. The president ...
the Killers - Run for CoverArtists: The KillersDirected By: Tarik MikouCo-Directed By: Eric MorinWritten By: Flowers, Stoermer, Vannucci, Price, Cameron, Lee, MarleyProducers: Jacknife Lee, Daniel Jean, Olivier Picard, David Pierrat(C) 2017 Island Records, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc. vevo.ly
(12) LATEST: 7.1 Magnitude Quake Kills 119 as Buildings Crumble in MexicoMexico’s federal government says the death toll in a magnitude 7.1 earthquake has risen to 119.
Exploring Child Marriage Around the World The age at which people first marry can have long-lasting implications for their physical, economic and social well-being -- particularly when marriage first happens at a young age. As part of our forthcoming global research on child marriage, we ...
Birth Control Works
Failing Charter Schools Have a Reincarnation Plan — ProPublica This past June, Florida’s top education agency delivered a failing grade to the Orange Park Performing Arts Academy in suburban Jacksonville for the second year in a row. It designated the charter school for kindergarten through fifth grade as ...
Birth Control Works
How Renaissance Painting Smoldered With a Little Known Hallucinogen Bosch provides the most fertile ground for art lovers wanting to believe that hallucinogenic fungi may have a significant place in art history. This is partially because the painter has a special connection to Anthony, depicting the saint over ...
Birth Control Works
Hillary Clinton’s ‘What Happened’ Says Something Revealing About America Later, Clinton brings a similar wistfulness to her account of the second debate with Trump, at which he stalked her on stage, seeking to intimidate her. “Do you stay calm,” she asks, referring to her options, “keep smiling and ...
Birth Control Works