Now for a Beautifully Weird Short Film: “Milky Shot”

Arts • Views: 28,001

Vimeo

Directing ,editing, soundtrack and starring: Roy Kafri
Writing and Concept: Roy Kafri and Gon Ben Ari
Producers : Mika Timor and Natan Schottenfels
Ad Agency: Adler-Chomsky
Ft. : Dalia Mazor, Esther Admon, Tom Chodorov, Itzik Gerber, Shani Rotenberg, Eli Reinman,
Tal Lupesko, Bar Lupesko, Nimrod Leibovich, Danielle Ouziel Leibovich, Tom Metcalfe
Cinematography: Roman Linetsky
Dailies: Omer Leshem
Casting: Shiran Sharabany
1st AD: Melina Karpovich
Production Desginer: Udi Tugendreich
Gaffer: Lior Peri
Key Grip: Golan Kwiat
Stunts: Sergei Klimkin (Kepa Stunts)
Wardrobe: Chen Gilad
PA’s: Tomer Yehieli, Or Sia, Matan Ben Mosh, Manara Nivron

Track:
Produced by Roy Kafri
Mix: Ori Shohat
roykafri.bandcamp.com

freetoken  Aug 5, 2017 • 6:15:55pm

Speaking of weird - going back and watching Twin Peaks, on Amazon.

I didn’t watch TV in the ‘90’s - well, not much anyway.

While this series dates itself in fashion, David Lynch’s direction still has that mark that identifies this series as far out of the normal for a network TV show.

William Lewis  Aug 5, 2017 • 6:19:04pm

re: #1 freetoken

Speaking of weird - going back and watching Twin Peaks, on Amazon.

I didn’t watch TV in the ‘90’s - well, not much anyway.

While this series dates itself in fashion, David Lynch’s direction still has that mark that identifies this series as far out of the normal for a network TV show wack from reality.

FTFY.

(36 years later, I still have not forgiven my High School friend for inflicting Eraserhead on me. Makes Plan 9 deserving of a best picture Oscar. )

stpaulbear  Aug 5, 2017 • 6:22:05pm

re: #2 William Lewis

FTFY.

I kind of enjoy offbeat movies, but both Eraserhead and Blue Velvet made me feel like taking a shower after I had finished watching them.

Charles Johnson  Aug 5, 2017 • 6:30:51pm
Anymouse 🌹  Aug 5, 2017 • 6:36:54pm

Posted at the end of the last thread, because I didn’t pay attention that everyone had moved on:

re: #142 PhillyPretzel

Westerplatte.
en.wikipedia.org

When my wife and I went to Poland in 2015, we travelled to Gdańsk. Amongst other things, we visited the Danzig Old Polish Post Office (which is still in use today [and from where I sent a bunch of postcards to my family]). They have a museum there remembering the battle for the Post Office, where a number of postal officials, a few railroad workers, and some civilians held out against an SS division, a pocket battleship, and artillery.

Defence of the Polish Post Office (goes to Wikipedia)

Polish Post Office and Museum
Weapons Used to Defend the Gdansk Post Office
Dave In Austin  Aug 5, 2017 • 6:38:59pm

Following up. Working vacation and all.

JordanRules  Aug 5, 2017 • 6:44:21pm
Charles Johnson  Aug 5, 2017 • 6:46:49pm
Anymouse 🌹  Aug 5, 2017 • 6:50:45pm

On that wingnut sportswriter who tried to compare the GOP and Trump to Poland being invaded by Germany, that was probably the one of the most insulting things I’ve read.

The GOP welcomed Trump with open arms, who is the result of fifty years of pandering to the worst elements of our society.

Poland commemorated the slaughter of Warsaw citizens by Germany in 1944 today.

thenews.pl (goes to Radio Poland in English)

The commemorations started at 6 pm, with an official ceremony next to the Monument to the Victims of the Wola Massacre. Afterwards, citizens walked through the streets of Wola towards the Warsaw Insurgents Cemetery, to commemorate the civilian victims of the Warsaw Uprising.

Some 40,000 to 50,000 people in the western Warsaw district of Wola were killed by German Nazi troops during the early phase of the Warsaw Uprising, an insurgency launched by Poles against the capital’s German occupiers in World War II.

Between 5 and 12 August 1944, tens of thousands of Polish civilians along with captured Home Army resistance fighters were systematically murdered in organised mass executions.

It is estimated that up to 10,000 civilians were killed in the Wola district on 5 August alone, the first day of the operation.

Most of the victims were the elderly, women and children.

Patricia Kayden  Aug 5, 2017 • 6:56:00pm

re: #9 Anymouse 🌹

I’ve read that Poland has a very Rightwing government now. I guess Rightwing governments are en vogue in Hungary and a few other European countries. How did you find it during your trip in 2015?

retired cynic  Aug 5, 2017 • 6:56:26pm

re: #6 Dave In Austin

Following up. Working vacation and all.

Moobs and straw.

Dave In Austin  Aug 5, 2017 • 7:01:11pm
calochortus  Aug 5, 2017 • 7:15:29pm

re: #12 Dave In Austin

If he weren’t such a disaster for the country world, Trump would just be a sad old man.

Dave In Austin  Aug 5, 2017 • 7:18:15pm

re: #13 calochortus

Or a celebrity pitchman for a posh hotel chain when ya boil it all down.

calochortus  Aug 5, 2017 • 7:20:17pm

re: #14 Dave In Austin

Or a celebrity pitchman for a posh hotel chain when ya boil it all down.

That too, but still a sad old man.

retired cynic  Aug 5, 2017 • 7:26:14pm

re: #15 calochortus

That too, but still a sad old man.

His glee at encouraging mayhem and harm to others makes it hard for me to make that leap, although I see what you are saying.

Dave In Austin  Aug 5, 2017 • 7:29:15pm
calochortus  Aug 5, 2017 • 7:31:10pm

re: #16 retired cynic

If he were happy, I can’t imagine him (or anyone) taking joy in gratuitous cruelty. He is apparently very, very needy and thinks happiness is a zero sum game.

retired cynic  Aug 5, 2017 • 7:32:04pm

re: #18 calochortus

You are a better person than I am!

calochortus  Aug 5, 2017 • 7:34:27pm

re: #19 retired cynic

You are a better person than I am!

Hardly. He needs to be stopped, but it never hurts to look for the root cause. Understanding can make it easier to find a chink in the armor. And, of course, I could be totally wrong.

dangerman  Aug 5, 2017 • 7:39:25pm

From the last thread

Elephant helping another elephant in need

Not republican elephants

Anymouse 🌹  Aug 5, 2017 • 7:47:09pm

I’m back you poor devils. I just went through my weekly Internet outage that I won’t be credited for (what’cha gonna do? We’re the only game in town. You can take us to arbitration in Delaware.)

calochortus  Aug 5, 2017 • 7:48:55pm

re: #22 Anymouse 🌹

You need a new hobby don’t you? Arbitration could be it!

Anymouse 🌹  Aug 5, 2017 • 7:50:11pm

re: #17 Dave In Austin

This one would have been good as well:

But Her E-mails! Expect Delays
The Vicious Babushka  Aug 5, 2017 • 7:53:08pm

Did the bride and groom read the fine print in the contract for using the Trump golf club as a wedding venue? Trump gets prima nochte.

FormerDirtDart  Aug 5, 2017 • 7:58:51pm

Saturday night viewing

William Lewis  Aug 5, 2017 • 8:18:47pm

re: #26 FormerDirtDart

I actually rewatched Blue Thunder before work after it popped up at a different web site. Neat film from 1983 with Ray Schneider (the Jaws dude) as a cop helicopter pilot blowing the whistle on & stealing a prototype helicopter that was to be used to suppress minorities and the like in Reagan’s America.

austin_blue  Aug 5, 2017 • 8:19:50pm

“Working vacation”?

What the fuck does that mean to a man who doesn’t really work at his job and vacates his workplace at every opportunity?

The trending hashtag should should be #fuckingdisasterofapresidency

calochortus  Aug 5, 2017 • 8:22:55pm

re: #28 austin_blue

“Working vacation”?

The trending hashtag should should be #fuckingdisasterofapresidency

It means he feels a bit guilty about not actually working and hopes you won’t notice if he keeps going on about the amount of work he’s doing.

retired cynic  Aug 5, 2017 • 8:23:55pm

re: #29 calochortus

IMO, it means he “thinks” he is working.

Belafon  Aug 5, 2017 • 8:25:18pm

re: #29 calochortus

I don’t think presidents get much of a vacation, so “working vacation” is acceptable. But, Trump would actually have to work first to then say he’s working during his vacation.

austin_blue  Aug 5, 2017 • 8:27:10pm

re: #29 calochortus

You understand the extraordinary amount of bullshit that hedge requires, yes?

Of course you do. You’re on Team LGF

calochortus  Aug 5, 2017 • 8:31:15pm

re: #32 austin_blue

You understand the extraordinary amount of bullshit that hedge requires, yes?

Of course you do. You’re on Team LGF

Of course I do. :)

austin_blue  Aug 5, 2017 • 8:34:57pm

re: #33 calochortus

Of course I do. :)

We are so snark on this board. It’s a beautiful thing.

calochortus  Aug 5, 2017 • 8:47:19pm

re: #34 austin_blue

LGF come for the news and humor. Stay for the snark.

Unshaken Defiance  Aug 5, 2017 • 8:47:33pm

Dropping in for a Saturday evening at LGF…
In 2011 I went to the shop for where I work and did some experimental photography. The experiment was a 100,000 btu furnace lit without the blower and a then new camera that could credibly go high ISO and 1/6000th of a second exposure. The raw conversion software of the day and the state of Ps was good. Good enough to publish and share. Registered Lizards are welcome to copy if desired. These click to pretty large.

That software got a lot better since so I just too a look at original cr2 raw files and ran then in the latest upgrade. Before I had to shrink the size a lot more to stay under 500 k. Some of you around these days saw them. I think the difference is dramatic.

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

calochortus  Aug 5, 2017 • 8:49:04pm

re: #36 Unshaken Defiance

fwCA/Jtg4C2iAO0/hZusWA==

retired cynic  Aug 5, 2017 • 8:51:18pm

re: #36 Unshaken Defiance

OOOOO!

electrotek  Aug 5, 2017 • 8:52:13pm

Edit.

JordanRules  Aug 5, 2017 • 8:52:39pm

So great!!

JordanRules  Aug 5, 2017 • 8:54:49pm

re: #40 JordanRules

Oops. That was a reply to Unshaken Defiance at #36.

TedStriker  Aug 5, 2017 • 8:56:17pm

re: #27 William Lewis

One of my favorite movies.

Roy Scheider is always good, but, with Malcolm McDowell and Warren Oates (in one of his last film roles before his death) chewing the scenery in their roles, along with Daniel Stern in what was probably his first major role and John Badham directing them all (on the heels of directing WarGames, another favorite of mine), Blue Thunder is a damn good 80s action movie that was definitely not in the Stallone/Schwarzenegger mold (not that there’s anything wrong with most of those movies, mind you).

calochortus  Aug 5, 2017 • 8:56:44pm

I’m out for the evening.
Hasta mañana, Lizards.

FormerDirtDart  Aug 5, 2017 • 8:57:08pm
Unshaken Defiance  Aug 5, 2017 • 8:58:57pm

re: #41 JordanRules

Thanks! Glad you like em. Last one I had finished, for scale that about eight maybe nine feet top to bottom.
One for the un registered readers.

©2017 Daniel Ballard All Rights Reserved
Unshaken Defiance  Aug 5, 2017 • 9:01:12pm

re: #42 TedStriker

One of my favorite movies.

Roy Scheider is always good, but, with Malcolm McDowell and Warren Oates (in his last film role before his death) chewing the scenery in their roles, along with Daniel Stern in what was probably his first major role and John Badham directing them all, Blue Thunder is a damn good 80s action movie.

I had a great time at the theater, date with the then fiancee.

majii  Aug 5, 2017 • 9:04:35pm

“But, Trump would actually have to work first to then say he’s working during his vacation.”

Not to worry, Fox will sell the “working vacation” idea for him.

Anymouse 🌹  Aug 5, 2017 • 9:12:47pm

re: #10 Patricia Kayden

The PiS Party was running on a campaign of concern over Russia (at the time, Russia was pouring massive amounts of troops and armour into Kaliningrad, and the populace was nervous).

That said, the atmosphere was very relaxed.

TedStriker  Aug 5, 2017 • 9:12:58pm

re: #42 TedStriker

A bit of an edit: While Blue Thunder was released in ‘83 (and was one of Warren Oates’ last roles before he died), I never realized before that most of the filming was done in early ‘80 (which meant Badham directed this before WarGames, but Blue Thunder was released after WarGames was [by about a month]) and that Oates filmed this before principal photography for Stripes in late ‘80.

JordanRules  Aug 5, 2017 • 9:14:25pm

re: #45 Unshaken Defiance

I see a woman’s body in that. Stunning!

Anymouse 🌹  Aug 5, 2017 • 9:17:05pm

re: #50 JordanRules

I see a woman’s body in that. Stunning!

Rorschach flames.

Anymouse 🌹  Aug 5, 2017 • 9:45:37pm

One thing did happen when we were in Gdańsk: About two days after we arrived, the Russian Federation closed the border between Poland and its Kaliningrad Exclave to overland travel by Americans. (We weren’t terribly interested in going to Kaliningrad.)

There were Russian tourists as usual in Gdańsk though. One offered my wife 300 Roubles (about $5.25) to go back to his hotel with him (she politely declined). Another time a couple Russian tourists were walking by our hotel (very drunk), and one turned at the next building (the police station) and threw up all over their steps. The police barrelled out of the building and dragged them inside. (I’m guessing the police weren’t exactly pleased with that.)

Birth Control Works  Aug 6, 2017 • 9:11:24am

OK, so this short film (Charles’s Post) was totally cool!

Acronyms and Assholes So, I see the photo insert in the news feed and had to re educate myself on why some refer to those who, as the last real President, Barack Obama put it, “have perverted and distorted and tried to ...
Earnest Badger
42 minutes ago
Virginia Tech Is Letting a Neo-Nazi Teach English Composition Mark Neuhoff, who teaches English composition at the university part-time, was discovered in late September to have posted a series of racist comments on social media. “I want white supremacy,” one post read. “Whites must be in control if ...
1 hour, 22 minutes ago
South Bay Locals Named as Part of White Supremacy Group An in-depth report by ProPublica.org into the activity of a Southern California-based white supremacy group has named at least four South Bay residents including one each from Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach. The report details how the group, called ...
1 day ago
New Details Emerge About Attack That Killed US Soldiers in Niger The soldiers questioned the villagers, who dragged on the discussions longer than anticipated. “It turns out that this village was a little contaminated by hostile forces,” said Aksar. “The unit stayed a little longer than expected because apparently people ...
1 day ago
Hyperloop in Missouri: Company Says KC-STL Route Top Contender An official with Hyperloop One, which proposes building ultra-fast tubular transportation around the world, said that a Missouri route is a top contender for development. Dan Katz, the head of policy for the company, told The Associated Press that ...
Sheriff Finds ‘Troubling’ Explosives, Guns, Maps and Note in Florida Home Photographs of schools, three bomb devices, guns and books on how to make explosives were found in a Dunedin man’s home Wednesday, officials report. Deputies with the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office were executing a search warrant at 1234 Royal ...
Editorial: Kobach Is Desperate for Trump’s Approval Kris Kobach has been running a Trump-style gubernatorial campaign since the day he announced. From his empty insistence that there’s a “culture of corruption” in Topeka to his argument that the Legislature’s decision to repeal Gov. Sam Brownback’s tax ...
First Aid Kit - It’s a Shame"It's a Shame" by First Aid Kit is available now: smarturl.it Production Company: Slutet är Nära / slutetarnara.se Director: Mats UddProducer: Petra KrigströmExecutive Producer: Alexandros Bakos Lyrics: genius.com Follow First Aid Kit: firstaidkitband.com facebook.com @firstaidkitband instagram.com
Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - American Girl10/13/2017 Encore on night 4 of Ryman residency
WALK the MOON - Headphones Get WALK THE MOON's “One Foot” and "Headphones" Instantly When You Pre-Order The New Album 'What If Nothing':iTunes - wtmband.comAmazon - wtmband.comSpotify Pre-Save - wtmband.comGoogle Play - wtmband.comMerch Store - wtmband.com Stream "Headphones" Now:Apple Music - wtmband.comSpotify - wtmband.com ...