Politics • Views: 29,027

Today we have yet another example of Donald Trump’s reliance on Fox News to tell him what to think, and another example of his appalling unfitness to occupy the Oval Office; he sent out a tweet this morning attacking the FISA Act that his own administration strongly supports.

Notice that he’s also returning to the long-debunked conspiracy theory that got him in so much trouble early last year: his claim that President Obama ordered a “wiretap” on his campaign.

Matt Gertz showed that this tweet was directly caused by a Fox News segment featuring far right wacko (and 9/11 Truther) Judge Andrew Napolitano.

Obviously, since the GOP is pushing hard to get this new FISA act approved, phones at the White House started ringing off the hook after Trump’s brainless tweet, leading him to follow up an hour and a half later with this:

“With that being said.” This guy is really not well.

Also see

HappyWarrior  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:14:48am

So easy to manipulate.

Colère Tueur de Lapin  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:17:17am

Coincidence in timing, I am sure…

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:18:51am

The Fox Administration

calochortus  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:21:19am

NBC news (both national and our local affiliate) is starting to report on these whiplash-inducing changes in direction for Trump. Sometimes with soft language about “clarifying” a Tweet, but not always. Maybe they’re getting tired of kissing up to the Prez?

TedStriker  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:21:47am

PSA for those possibly affected (reposted from downstairs):

re: #303 PhillyPretzel

I got a letter from a company called TIO. They were telling me that my bank account information was breached. I asked my credit union and they confirmed that it was probably a scam to get information. I think I will take the letter to the Post Office and let them deal with it. I know if there is any breach Life Lock and my credit union will help me.

Not a scam:

PayPal’s recently-acquired payment processor TIO Networks has revealed that up to 1.6 million customers have had their information stolen in a recent data breach.

Last week, the Vancouver, Canada-based TIO Networks said that following the suspension of operations, evidence has been uncovered of a data breach due to “unauthorized access.”

In a statement, the company said that unknown attackers were able to gain access to “locations that stored personal information of some of TIO’s customers and customers of TIO billers.”

In total, up to 1.6 million customers may have had their information leaked, which could include personally identifiable information (PII) or potentially financial data.

No details on the type of information exposed have yet been revealed; however, PayPal says the unauthorized access was “ongoing.”

cbsnews.com

TIO runs (or, rather, ran, since Paypal apparently shut the TIO network completely down in November when they found out about this; Paypal just bought TIO back in July) bill payment machines (they’re big and orange, about the size of an ATM) installed in convenience stores, pharmacies, and other places; here in Nashville, they’re usually in Exxon stations, so if you’ve ever made bill payments through them, that’s why you got the letter. Me, I’ve used them in the past, but never tied my bank account to my TIO account; I always paid cash at the machines.

Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:21:58am

re: #3 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

The Fox Administration

Which is what the Fox-addicted Trumpanzees voted for.

S'latch  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:22:44am

re: #3 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

The Fox Administration

That’s exactly what it is. Our government is in the hands of Fox News and Talk Radio and Breitbart and all that shit. Trump is a fucking moron. Americans are fucking morons.

HappyWarrior  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:23:11am

re: #6 Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis

Which is what the Fox-addicted Trumpanzees voted for.

They deserve what they got, the rest of us nope.

jaunte  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:24:44am
Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:26:41am

re: #7 S’latch

please. Trump did not have a majority or even a plurality. But he and his supporters knew how to game the system in his favor. And in our system, chaos wins out over order, lies win out over truth and bigotry wins out over tolerance.

Charles Johnson  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:26:43am
Sir John Barron  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:27:21am
With that being said, I have personally directed the fix to the unmasking process since taking office and today’s vote is about foreign surveillance of foreign bad guys on foreign land. We need it! Get smart!

— Donald J. Trump

“With that being said” ~ One of my VERY SMART staff just whispered to me that this fifa bill is actually pretty good and that I’m supporting it, and that I should ‘clarify’ my previous tweet. I was watching Fox&Friends and they mentioned it. How am I supposed to know I support this bill?

HappyWarrior  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:27:43am

Not surprised. Hannity is a racist pos too.

jaunte  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:27:45am

Legal geniuses Sean Hannity and Chuck Johnson.

Sir John Barron  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:31:01am

just @seanhannity retweeting a Chuck Johnson online fundraiser pic.twitter.com

— Oliver Darcy

It’s long past time for Upchuck to obtain regular gainful employment and not rely on handouts from the Innerwebs.

Charles Johnson  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:31:07am
jaunte  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:31:53am

Wonkette:

“…Reasonable minds can differ on the wisdom of 702, but Trump’s own DOJ and FBI have been lobbying heavily to get it reauthorized. Nunes’s fuckery almost killed the bill last month, and it’s been on a three-week extension which expires January 19. Paul Ryan had finally corralled Nunes, but then Freedom Caucus loon (and occasional principled guy) Justin Amash partnered up with Democrat Zoe Lofgren to push the “USA Rights Amendment,” which would impose additional warrant requirements for data collected on US citizens.

Senators Rand Paul (R) and Ron Wyden (D) are sponsoring Amash’s amendment in the Senate, but just last night, the White House released a statement opposing it.

The Administration strongly opposes the “USA Rights” amendment to the FISA Amendments Reauthorization Act, which the House will consider tomorrow. This amendment would re-establish the walls between intelligence and law enforcement that our country knocked down following the attacks of 9/11 in order to increase information sharing and improve our national security. The Administration urges the House to reject this amendment and preserve the useful role FISA’s Section 702 authority plays in protecting American lives.

wonkette.com

ObserverArt  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:34:27am

Legal geniuses Sean Hannity and Chuck Johnson.

So creative…Make Twitter Great Again.

And are they admitting Twitter helped Trump steal an election?

Or, are these dopes thinking with some of them booted over the last year Roy Moore was defeated because they weren’t on to “protect from Moore false tweets and to help campaign for him?”

Sir John Barron  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:34:57am

That stinks. Oh wait, the White House? Isn’t that me? Us? Why are we opposing this amendment? Where’s Kelly? What do I have to do around here to get a Diet Coke?

Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:35:29am

Sir John Barron  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:35:58am

Did I write this? Can someone tell me what this means?

jaunte  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:36:19am

re: #18 ObserverArt

They keep misreading the First Amendment as “consequence-free” speech.

danarchy  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:42:05am

Has Trump tweeted to take credit for this yet?

Walmart raising minimum wage

gocart mozart  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:43:00am
JordanRules  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:43:05am

Very swampy!

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:43:18am

re: #19 Sir John Barron

all I wanted was a Pepsi!

calochortus  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:44:52am

re: #23 danarchy

Has Trump tweeted to take credit for this yet?

Walmart raising minimum wage

He might get pushback on Sam’s Club closing a bunch of stores.

JordanRules  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:46:40am

re: #23 danarchy

Not yet, that I know of but there’s so much winning. It’s hard to know what to highlight.

A nice offset…

HappyWarrior  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:46:42am

Now how would Hal Turners pal Lumpy know about white supremacists?/

GlutenFreeJesus  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:47:33am

Remember just the other day those bonuses Walmart announced? Guess how they’re going to pay for them? By closing dozens of Sam’s Club locations, laying off thousands of employees.

businessinsider.com

Oops. Too slow.

ObserverArt  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:47:58am

I think we’ve been there before. I seem to have an old photoshop. I guess I have a photoshop for every tweet or something. (Or, I can create one)

JordanRules  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:49:12am

Thread with some umm interesting takeaways from Putin.

Eclectic Cyborg  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:52:17am

If Steve Doocy decides to nuke NK we’re fucked.

JordanRules  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:52:39am

re: #30 GlutenFreeJesus

Didn’t even give a bunch of their workers any notice.
Sigh.

HappyWarrior  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:53:03am

re: #34 JordanRules

Didn’t even give a bunch of their workers any notice.
Sigh.

That’s just cruel.

GlutenFreeJesus  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:54:22am

And my Sam’s Club is on the list. Guess I’ll have to start getting my dad’s meds from the one much farther away.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:56:23am

re: #33 Eclectic Cyborg

If Steve Doocy decides to nuke NK we’re fucked.

We do not need a war, we just need to be perched on the edge of one and then it will all be cries of rally ‘round the President.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:57:28am

re: #23 danarchy

Has Trump tweeted to take credit for this yet?

Walmart raising minimum wage

He should, since Walmart shut down a bunch of Sam’s Club and Walmart stores to pay for it.

Kragar  Jan 11, 2018 • 11:58:31am

re: #37 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

In the event of a nuclear war, the most noble sacrifice a soldier could make would be to make sure none of the Trumps make it to a bunker.

Belafon  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:01:04pm

More people to kick off Medicaid.

Kragar  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:05:43pm
jaunte  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:05:44pm
jaunte  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:05:56pm
jaunte  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:06:47pm

Gaslighting is another symptom of moral rot.

Sir John Barron  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:07:00pm

“FISA was terrible abusive to ME but something 9/11 something”

ObserverArt  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:08:00pm

Sarah have a new makeup team? She looks different in that Tweet image.

Kragar  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:09:03pm
calochortus  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:09:47pm

Funny thing, Freepers seem to be coming down on the side of “It’s too bad those Sam’s Club workers will lose their jobs, but Costco is better run-even if I don’t like their liberal management.”
Of course, there can’t be a connection between liberal management being concerned for the happiness of their employees and a better run store.

jaunte  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:11:32pm

re: #46 ObserverArt

She must have read the comments.

Single-handed sailor  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:13:09pm

re: #46 ObserverArt

Sarah have a new makeup team? She looks different in that Tweet image.

Yes, hired away from Russia Today.

S'latch  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:13:38pm

“I have some bad news, folks: The fate of our country rests in the hands of a Fox News morning show called ‘Fox and Friends.’”
- Rex Huppke, Contact Reporter, Chicago Tribune

Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:15:27pm

re: #46 ObserverArt

Sarah have a new makeup team? She looks different in that Tweet image.

I just noticed that her jaw is misaligned like a snake that just ate a rat.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:17:02pm

re: #46 ObserverArt

Sarah have a new makeup team? She looks different in that Tweet image.

her makeup artist’s last employer was RT (not joking)

ObserverArt  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:18:29pm

re: #50 Single-handed sailor

Yes, hired away from Russia Today.

Your post got me to do a Google search for the hell of it.

This is what I found.

Belafon  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:18:49pm

re: #51 S’latch

- Rex Huppke, Contact Reporter, Chicago Tribune

Now there’s a way to reinvigorate Fox’s ratings.

The Vicious Babushka  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:18:51pm
The Vicious Babushka  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:19:19pm
Belafon  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:20:15pm

re: #57 The Vicious Babushka

She got orders to make sure the past did not happen.

Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:21:21pm

re: #56 The Vicious Babushka

Sir John Barron  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:21:45pm

re: #57 The Vicious Babushka

Trump and Sanders, on the other hand, have complete knowledge on every subject.

///

JordanRules  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:24:21pm

re: #60 Sir John Barron

Stable…

Kragar  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:25:04pm

re: #60 Sir John Barron

Trump and Sanders, on the other hand, have complete knowledge on every subject.

///

They’re old white guys. Of course they know everything.

Sir John Barron  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:25:44pm

re: #62 Kragar

They’re old white guys. Of course they know everything.

Well, Sanders Huckabee I meant, but yes.

Stanley Sea  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:28:06pm

So cool

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:28:08pm

re: #63 Sir John Barron

Well, Sanders Huckabee I meant, but yes.

she is an old white guy in a young woman’s body

JordanRules  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:30:50pm
ObserverArt  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:30:57pm

re: #65 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

she is an old white guy in a young woman’s body

That seems to be a conservation thing. Identify as a Republican and it ages you automatically.

Look what it did to Trump.

dangerman  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:32:03pm

In Which Donald Trump Mindlessly Opposes His Own FISA Bill Because Fox News Told Him To he’s an idiot

Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:33:08pm

re: #65 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

she is an old white guy in a young woman’s body

stpaulbear  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:35:02pm

re: #57 The Vicious Babushka

I can’t wait until the day that some reporter asks her a question in the most insulting and derogatory manner possible - a totally personal attack. She so deserves it.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:36:25pm

She got orders to make sure the past did not happen.

you mean we have always been at war with Eastasia?

Dave In Austin  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:39:27pm

Has anyone ever said Fred Schneider of the B-52’s is a Rand Paul Doppelganger?

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:39:51pm

re: #72 Dave In Austin

Has anyone ever said Fred Schneider of the B-52’s is a Rand Paul Doppelganger?

I did notice that a long time ago

Sir John Barron  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:40:46pm

re: #73 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

I did notice that a long time ago

Oh dear

Sir John Barron  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:41:38pm

re: #70 stpaulbear

[Fox News]The mainstream media is so mean to our Sarah and to Our President they should have their licenses revoked and be fined [/Fox News]

Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:42:24pm

re: #72 Dave In Austin

Has anyone ever said Fred Schneider of the B-52’s is a Rand Paul Doppelganger?

Even this hair is better than Rand’s.

jaunte  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:43:44pm

re: #70 stpaulbear

Her eventual book tour is going to be a massacre.

JordanRules  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:45:40pm

We were just talking about this in regards to Okeefe.

Sir John Barron  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:49:00pm

re: #78 JordanRules

We were just talking about this in regards to Okeefe.

Yeah, O’Keefe can keep getting busted for his lying scam game yet manages to not be continually ridiculed for it.

Dave In Austin  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:50:06pm

re: #76 Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis

Even this hair is better than Rand’s.

The B-52’s - “Love Shack” (Official Music Video)

At the 1 min mark……..

A hollow voice says, Covfefe.  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:52:16pm

Well, here I am in muggy Miami and about to lose internet contact on my cruise (since I’m not going to pawn my firstborn to pay for it). Keep the faith while I’m gone and I’ll see you all in a week.

BigPapa  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:52:47pm

I got me a car and its as big as a whale, and its about to set sail.

I got me a car it seats about 20 so come on and bring me your jukebox money.

JordanRules  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:53:43pm
Unshaken Defiance  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:54:55pm

So, Trump selling Norway the F-52 huh? How much?

The F-52 is a fictional aircraft

theverge.com
Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:56:42pm

re: #83 JordanRules

Just one thing that we must avoid: thinking in Cold War terms when we discuss Putin.

Although he is a child of the Soviet Union, Russia is an different matter: they are not exporting an international ideology or seeking to achieve world hegemony: their interests simply lie in re-establishing the old Russian Empire and reincorporating the old Soviet Republics, either politically or de facto through economic dominance.

MsJ  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:56:49pm

re: #64 Stanley Sea

So cool

And so it begins…our dolphin overlords.

PhillyPretzel  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:57:07pm

re: #84 Unshaken Defiance

Why am I not surprised?

MsJ  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:58:16pm

re: #69 Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis

She’s a lying sack of shit who proves daily that there is no god because if there was, she would have been smote, stuck by lightening, something.

Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:58:54pm

re: #84 Unshaken Defiance

So, Trump selling Norway the F-52 huh? How much?

theverge.com

It’s been reported that he was told we sold 52 F35s to them, and Trump’s tangled neurons mixed that up.

JordanRules  Jan 11, 2018 • 12:59:04pm

These extra empowered white supremacists are feeling extra froggy.
My word!

Welp, I’m at ground zero this time and hope I get to compare celebration notes with Decatur Deb after we work our ass off to kick this broken bigot to the curb. Again.

Still can’t believe he got a pardon. Grrrr!!!!!!!!!!

Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:00:02pm

re: #88 MsJ

We can’t rule out an evil god. /
The Trumanzees actually believe that a god made him President to establish their Christian Caliphate.

JordanRules  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:02:28pm

re: #85 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

they are not exporting an international ideology or achieving world hegemony

Are we sure? I don’t know so I’m really asking. Are we sure?

danarchy  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:05:36pm

re: #34 JordanRules

Didn’t even give a bunch of their workers any notice.
Sigh.

They are closing the last one in Massachusetts. According to the local nbc affiliate the store will close on the 26’th but hourly employees would keep getting paid for 60 days. So I assume that is the same deal for all of them.

Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:05:56pm

re: #92 JordanRules

Are we sure? I don’t know so I’m really asking. Are we sure?

I’m not. They seem to be using the wingnuts to reshape America into Russia’s bigoted image.

Dave In Austin  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:07:43pm

“Fuck” said David

Kragar  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:11:25pm
Belafon  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:11:38pm

re: #95 Dave In Austin

I can’t wait to see the reaction of the Business wing of the GOP to this. And farmers for that matter.

Sir John Barron  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:11:56pm

re: #89 Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis

Sorry you’re confused, we’re not confused, you have a lack of knowledge, etc.

JordanRules  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:13:06pm

re: #93 danarchy

That’s good! That with notice would be even better.
How many have they closed in MA?

Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:13:24pm

re: #95 Dave In Austin

S'latch  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:14:35pm

re: #78 JordanRules

Charles M. Blow gets right to the fucking point, succinctly, directly, and eloquently.

danarchy  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:14:44pm

re: #99 JordanRules

That’s good! That with notice would be even better.
How many have they closed in MA?

I don’t know how many there were, but this was the last one left.

JordanRules  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:15:04pm

re: #94 Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis

I’m skeptical because I have the same observations as you.

DodgerFan1988  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:15:55pm

“It’s the Illegals fault!”

Hecuba's daughter  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:19:57pm

re: #94 Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis

They are doing more than that. They know that they cannot compete economically so they want to reduce the rest of world to their pathetic GDP. Once they have accomplished that, they can reign over all. Of course, China will prove to be a real obstacle, but if the rest of the world cannot afford to purchase Chinese products, the Chinese economy could implode. OTOH I think the Chinese are too smart for that. They are likely to end up victorious.

Dave In Austin  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:20:14pm

Cinnamon Hitler…..

PhillyPretzel  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:22:12pm

re: #104 DodgerFan1988

OMG this stinks.

Blind Frog Belly White  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:23:05pm

re: #104 DodgerFan1988

Walmart giveth, and Walmart taketh away. Blessed be Walmart.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:27:56pm

re: #92 JordanRules

Are we sure? I don’t know so I’m really asking. Are we sure?

Yes, I am sure - at least for the present - their aims are to restore autocracy and Orthodoxy throughout all the former lands of the Greater Russian Empire.

They want to exert a sphere of influence in Eastern Europe and Asia, but they are not part of any internationalist movement and their interests in foreign countries are merely to promote their own domestic political and economic goals.

Belafon  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:29:28pm

re: #104 DodgerFan1988

“It’s the Illegals fault!”

I would suggest a bunch of the ones from Massachusetts move here to Texas - In-n-Out is hiring and has much better benefits - but half of them probably think that MA coddles its citizens too much (as they sign up for unemployment), and I have enough of that around here.

Kragar  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:29:39pm
Sir John Barron  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:31:27pm

re: #111 Kragar

I not confused you confuse shutup.

///

Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:32:54pm

It will be interesting, to say the least, to see the reactions of the pure-red Farm Belt States to having 40% of their economies collapse.

With $42.6 billion in commodity sales in 2012, California is far and away the nation’s top agricultural producer, followed by Iowa ($30.8 billion) and Texas ($25.4 billion). Indiana ranked just behind North Carolina ($12.6 billion) and Wisconsin ($11.7 billion), but ahead of North Dakota ($11.0 billion), South Dakota ($10.2 billion) and Ohio ($10.1 billion).

AND

In 2007, Canada and Mexico were, respectively, the first and second largest export markets for U.S. agricultural products. Exports to the two markets combined were greater than exports to the next six largest markets combined.
From 1992-2007, the value of U.S. agricultural exports worldwide climbed 65 percent. Over that same period, U.S. farm and food exports to our two NAFTA partners grew by 156 percent.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:33:17pm
JordanRules  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:33:19pm

re: #109 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

I hope you’re right. This sounds vaguely familiar to me. I’m sure they’ll stop when Russia is great again.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:35:52pm
darthstar  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:37:12pm

I was busy with ‘Executive Time’ of my own - watched “The Foreigner” with Jackie Chan - good movie - Jackie Chan can act!

Anyhoo…made a store run after it finished and heard Nicole Wallace saying that Sarah Huckabooboo was having her Spicer Inauguration Crowd moment today…anyone care to fill me in on what I missed?

darthstar  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:38:46pm

re: #118 darthstar

Ah…I think I found it.

Charles Johnson  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:40:40pm
danarchy  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:41:06pm

MA unemployment is something like 3.6% no shortage of help wanted signs around here.

JordanRules  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:41:17pm

What type of bootleg, half-assed almost carpetbagging is this?
Coward.

Unshaken Defiance  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:41:47pm

sagehen  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:43:10pm

re: #64 Stanley Sea

So cool

I’m just glad they don’t have opposable thumbs. And they’ll never be able to master fire.

JordanRules  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:45:33pm
William Lewis  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:45:41pm

FqHd23BQqm4uAuTt+FkfylrYT8u/EO41spZq1XHSqFx29OHPCigsK2E1WNPmKCa3RmoDOJxzDFEQvyKzgdTpFiGr7dLX3YDKfPxiEEHA7wCiLPQqFZe+h0Npbe4+DGd98GPtVnCU2JllyO4XJUqjALSPNEo+MxgVOq+8sVP/1aF4hTmPi350EcWrfnuGQy7dYJ4LIKnsc9ZpBVTghKj84XHxWdUQ7KA/MhcBPkST9sTVMLXQ+ACooUJ7NYxKw3x/TBIEsNYoO74+xI52VuHRKmDmu6uWUxmrXsWpHnDYRiY=

Dave In Austin  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:46:10pm

Wait a minute. If the Sienna Sundowner reneges on NAFTA to pay for the wall, doesn’t that mean Canada pays as well?

PhillyPretzel  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:46:53pm

re: #126 William Lewis

yXNqSbSP0HD5QtcaBsFbeQhB0hW6m4AqY0dbMbUXID6o6o+xEWT3kQ==

JordanRules  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:47:16pm

re: #127 Dave In Austin

Meh, we needed 2 walls anyway. ///

Belafon  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:47:20pm

re: #123 Unshaken Defiance

Trump’s a lousy Super Saiyan.

Charles Johnson  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:47:57pm
Unshaken Defiance  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:48:34pm

re: #129 JordanRules

Meh, we needed 2 walls anyway. ///

3 more with a roof to keep everybody out…

Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:48:40pm

Wonder what corn, soybeans, milk, wheat and other commodity prices are doing today?

(checks NASDAQ)

… about like you’d think. What do the voters in Wisconsin - aka “America’s Dairyland” - think about the NAFTA fuckery?

Yeah, that looks normal. Should be lots of fun in 2018 in the big dairy states. Regretting your vote yet, WIsconsin?
darthstar  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:49:29pm

re: #127 Dave In Austin

I’m guessing Canada would ask for their wall first.

stpaulbear  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:49:52pm

Jezus, I just got another incredibly ugly email message from endcitizensunited(dot)org asking me to take their ‘Official Democrat Survey’.

Whoever is running their website is a tasteless and clueless moron. It’s all the worst looking junk with the worst scare headlines. I wouldn’t dream of donating to them or signing a petition. They almost look like ratfuckers.

Charles Johnson  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:50:14pm

Wow. He actually said that. Unreal.

Dave In Austin  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:51:51pm

Viking!! I knew it! Fucking Vikings

Dave In Austin  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:52:26pm

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met yesterday.”

Belafon  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:52:37pm

No fast tracking in Congress. He ain’t going to renegotiate shit.

Dave In Austin  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:53:27pm

I wonder how Greg likes him now??

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:55:37pm

re: #115 JordanRules

which is why I added the caveat “at least for now”. There are extremist Orthodox ideologues who see Moscow as the Third Rome (after the fall of Constantinople) and Russia as the keeper of the True Faith, which they are destined to restore to the rest of the world.

stpaulbear  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:55:48pm

re: #124 sagehen

The Onion.

Belafon  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:57:18pm

re: #141 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Need to tell Southern Baptists who they think they’re working with.

Old Liberal  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:58:55pm

re: #133 Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)

(checks NASDAQ)

Sadly, the days of the family dairy farm in Wisconsin are over. When I was young, the average farm was 160 acres with 24 cows. There are now mostly 1000+ head operations, many which are owned by out of state interests, and many of which hire undocumented Mexican workers.

darthstar  Jan 11, 2018 • 1:59:21pm

Wow. He actually said that. Unreal.

Certainly he couldn’t say anything more offensive than this —pretty much everyone in the media.

stpaulbear  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:00:44pm

Wow. The WaPo uses the term ‘shithole’ in a headline. The NYT fans it face and says “Ah dooo declaihr”.

DodgerFan1988  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:00:49pm

re: #138 Dave In Austin

Please remind me again how things would have been worse under a President Hillary Clinton?

darthstar  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:01:29pm
Sir John Barron  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:03:04pm

“Gee, President Trump was so gosh darn presidential just the other day in the oval office with our cameras all around. This can’t really be him saying this?”

wrenchwench  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:03:26pm

Trump has shitholes on his mind.

sagehen  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:03:44pm

re: #142 stpaulbear

The Onion.

We’re screwed.

nines09  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:03:50pm

re: #150 wrenchwench

Trump has shitholes on his mind.

Trump IS a shithole.

PhillyPretzel  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:04:02pm

re: #150 wrenchwench

He is one that is why he has that on his mind.

wrenchwench  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:04:22pm

re: #152 nines09

Trump IS a shithole.

And all he can think of is himself.

nines09  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:04:47pm

re: #154 wrenchwench

And all he can think of is himself.

Over and over and over and…

Sir John Barron  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:04:57pm

Maggie/Thrush: Oh look over there, a squirrel.

wrenchwench  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:04:57pm

re: #153 PhillyPretzel

He is one that is why he has that on his mind.

20 seconds faster, you are.

Sir John Barron  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:06:14pm

re: #147 DodgerFan1988

WWIII, No single payer, Goldman Sachs, etc.

////

HappyWarrior  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:06:34pm

Seriously fuck him and his supporters. This man doesn’t deserve to be our President.

PhillyPretzel  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:06:45pm

re: #157 wrenchwench

That happens. That is one thing that has to be accepted regarding the internet.

Sir John Barron  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:07:37pm

Expect to hear lots of references again to Hillary’s “deplorables” comment as a “both sides” thing.

wrenchwench  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:08:10pm

re: #157 wrenchwench

20 seconds faster, you are.

Coincidentally, I just learned that ‘yodatada’ is Spanish for ‘iodized’. Sounds like a magic trick from Yoda.

HappyWarrior  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:10:27pm

A lot of us ignorant supporters probably think Slovenia is a shithole.*

*It’s not but that’s how they think.

Belafon  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:10:42pm

re: #161 Sir John Barron

No, it’ll be “He talks like the common man” from the GOP.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:10:50pm

re: #158 Sir John Barron

WWIII, No single payer, Goldman Sachs, etc.

////

emails………….

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:11:00pm

Need to tell Southern Baptists who they think they’re working with.

They have a lot in common; they strive to establish an autocratic theological state, only difference is their choice of theocracy: fundamentalist Protestant vs Russian Orthodox

HappyWarrior  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:12:09pm

No, it’ll be “He talks like the common man” from the GOP.

Cue here’s another fluff piece about what Trump stories think.

electrotek  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:12:33pm

re: #138 Dave In Austin

So I suppose Trump would campaign to free Breivik from prison. After all, Trump and Breivik have more in common than they’d like to admit.

Belafon  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:12:40pm

re: #166 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

They have a lot in common; they strive to establish an autocratic theological state, only difference is their choice of theocracy: fundamentalist protestant vs Russian Orthodox

Which is enough to start religious wars.

scottslemmons  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:12:46pm

re: #117 Aucun pays pour les vieux ennemis

Peter Thiel Submits Bid for Gawker

(The Daily Beast)

God, I hope that doesn’t go through. I’d never be able to look at any of those sites again.

Also, I hope Thiel falls into a sewer and dies.

Ace Rothstein  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:13:12pm

Hmmm. Haiti, El Salvador, African countries. What on earth do they have in common? I just can’t figure it out.

darthstar  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:13:24pm

Haiti surf…doesn’t look like a shithole to me.

Ace Rothstein  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:15:25pm

Shithole Zimbabwe.

dangerman  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:15:58pm

re: #147 DodgerFan1988

“she wooda bombed corea already”

darthstar  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:17:11pm

re: #173 Ace Rothstein

Shithole Zimbabwe.

Shithole El Salvador.

PhillyPretzel  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:17:14pm

re: #173 Ace Rothstein

That is beautiful. Doesn’t look like a shithole to me.

Stanley Sea  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:19:37pm

re: #146 stpaulbear

Jim Acosta just said it out loud on CNN.

Fuck it all!

ObserverArt  Jan 11, 2018 • 2:44:04pm

re: #173 Ace Rothstein

Shithole Zimbabwe.

Is there a Trump Hotel property there?

Shithole.

On DACA, Protests, and the Shutdown Last Wednesday, The Seed Project brought around 100 undocumented youth and supporters together in Los Angeles to advocate for immigrant’s rights and demand that no spending bill be passed without a DACA fix. The organizers are an amazing group. ...
Mathew Foresta
1 hour, 5 minutes ago
Meanwhile at USGS.gov : Partial Shutdown Due to a lapse in appropriations, the majority of USGS websites may not be up to date and may not reflect current conditions. Websites displaying real-time data, such as Earthquake and Water and information needed for public health and ...
Genuine Counterfeit Fake News UpdatesAn unknown source intimately acquainted with an alleged deep-cover WH shill confirms that there are four non-negotiable conditions for weeDonnieJohnnie to appear in person before the Special Counsel. weeDonnieJohnnie must be allowed to: bring his favourite Binky® Classic bring his ...
Möbiustripped
Yes, Scarlett Johansson Was Calling Out James Franco in Her Women’s March Speech Addressing the 500,000 Women’s March attendees gathered in downtown Los Angeles Saturday and even more onlookers livestreaming it at home, Scarlett Johansson began her speech with a pointed barb aimed squarely at James Franco. “How could a person publicly ...
Russian Networks Pushing #ReleaseTheMemo Meme WASHINGTON (AP) — Twitter accounts linked to Russian influence operations are pushing a conservative meme related to the investigation of Russian election interference, researchers say. The purported Russian activity involves the hashtag #ReleaseTheMemo, a reference to a secret congressional ...
Shout Out Louds - ‘Jumbo Jet’ (Live at WFUV)wfuv.org • Follow @wfuv: ow.ly Shout Out Louds perform "Jumbo Jet" live in Studio A. Recorded 11.1.17. Host: Alisa AliAudio: Brian CullenCameras: Brian Gallagher, Dan Tuozzoli, Tyler Newfell, and Alexandra ReillyEditor: Tyler Newfell & Brian Gallagher
Improving the World of Sportsblog.timesunion.com Billy Joel once said, “The good old days weren’t always good, tomorrow’s not as bad as it seems.” From one native Long Islander to another let me just say, “Billy, you may be on to something.” I’m not one ...
rhoffman
First Footage From the New Kodak Super 8 Film Camera Can't wait to get my hands on one. Probably gonna rent 'cause $2500 or more. But what a great look. One of Kodak’s goals is to make this new Kodak Super 8 camera “as easy to use as any ...
Unshaken Defiance
Grandparents Say ‘God Called’ on Perris Couple to Have So Many Children The couple accused of shackling their 13 children in filthy conditions in a Perris home were deeply religious and believed God had called on them to have so many kids, according to the grandparents of the children.David and Louise ...
How Russia Says It Swatted Down a Drone Swarm in Syria On the night of January 5, a swarm of explosives-laden small drones, apparently controlled by Syrian rebels, attacked two Russian bases in western Syria, the Kremlin confirmed on Thursday. Authorities claim that Russian defenses destroyed or disabled all of ...
1 week, 1 day ago