Trump Blows It Again: Schumer Withdraws Offer on Trump’s Wall
After the Trump-thing reneged on the deal he made with Chuck Schumer to grant concessions on the DACA program in exchange for increased funding for his inane “border wall” fantasy, today we learn that Schumer has yanked his offer off the table.
The Senate minority leader, through an aide, informed the White House on Monday that he was retracting the offer he made last week to give Trump well north of the $1.6 billion in wall funding Trump had asked for this year, according to two Democrats. And now they say Trump will simply not get a better deal than that on his signature campaign promise.
Schumer “took it off,” said Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin, the No. 2 Senate Democrat. “He called the White House yesterday and said it’s over.”
And the “world’s greatest deal maker” blows another deal with his erratic, reckless, incompetent behavior.