Another Defamation Lawsuit Filed Against Alex Jones, Jim Hoft, Allen West, Lee Stranahan and Others

Law • Views: 31,167

Yes, folks, the worst people in right wing media are now facing a second defamation lawsuit stemming from their grotesque, reckless attempts to pin the blame for the Charlottesville terror attack on leftists and/or the “deep state.”

Brennan Gilmore, a foreign service officer on long-term unpaid leave from the State Department as he pursues other endeavors, filed a lawsuit seeking at least $75,000 in damages in U.S. District Court after being the subject of false stories that he said to led to a flood of death threats, including a letter in the mail that contained suspicious white powder.

Named in the lawsuit, in addition to InfoWars, were Alex Jones, the conspiracy theorist who heads InfoWars; Free Speech Systems, the company that operates InfoWars; Lee Ann McAdoo, an InfoWars personality; Jim Hoft, the far-right media figure who heads Gateway Pundit, a fringe website; Allen B. West, the far-right former congressman who operates allenbwest.com, a website that purports to be a news outlet; Derrick Wilburn, a Colorado Republican Party official who wrote an allegedly defamatory article for West’s website; Lee Stranahan, a former Breitbart writer who hosts a radio show for Sputnik, a state-sponsored Russian news agency; and Scott Creighton, who operates a left-wing fringe website.

Conspiracy theories about Gilmore started after he uploaded to Twitter a video that showed a Dodge Challenger ramming a crowd of counter-protesters at last summer’s Unite the Right Rally, a far-right demonstration in Charlottesville, Virginia. James Alex Fields, 20, was charged with killing 32-year-old Heather Heyer.

Earlier

Ace Rothstein  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:13:25pm

Trump: Conor Lamb won “because he’s like Trump.”

Big Beautiful Door  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:14:53pm

Hope they are all bankrupted.

Skip Intro  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:14:59pm

re: #1 Ace Rothstein

Did Trump really say that?

HappyWarrior(Not Larry Kudlow)  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:15:45pm

re: #1 Ace Rothstein

Trump: Conor Lamb won “because he’s like Trump.”

Uh then why didn’t Saccone win. He claimed he was you before you. You lost.

wheat-dogg  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:18:07pm

Dang it. CL’d again!

Does Ms Ruhle know something we don’t?

Skip Intro  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:19:37pm

Sure. Why the fuck not?

Trump DOJ wants to speed up sales and transfers of machine guns

“It’s billed as part of the Trump administration strategy to reduce violent crime - although officials can’t say how - and it’s tucked into the Justice Department’s FY2019 budget request.”

abcnews.go.com

Skip Intro  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:20:37pm

re: #5 wheat-dogg

Allen West is looking for a job.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:20:51pm

re: #6 Skip Intro

New rule: If the government can’t explain how something will impact a particular problem - and please show your work - it’s automatically rejected. No exceptions.

Belafon  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:23:39pm

I think there is a really good thing about these special elections Democrats keep winning, whether or not the candidates are particularly poor examples. One of the things to watch out for is that national polling skews toward California, due to its size and it’s heavy skew toward Democrats. But, the races Democrats have won in, at state and local levels, have been Republican, in all sorts of corners, PA, AL, OK. That does bode well for picking up a whole lot of seats this fall.

ObserverArt  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:25:11pm

I got lost in this video and posted it in the previous thread and missed this new one.

- - -

More Monsters to Men…from same release as the video in the last thread.

Of Monsters and Men - Organs (Official Lyric Video)

freetoken  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:27:18pm

Polls, when done by people who know what they are doing and are not relying on GOSSIPINT, ought to account for demographics.

But, and this is important, most polling done is not public, and even those who make some results public, like Gallup, do not share a lot of the details.

JordanRules  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:29:29pm
gocart mozart  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:31:36pm
MsJ  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:32:00pm

What is a “Scott Creighton, who operates a left-wing fringe website” and what site is it that mimics far right stuff?

wheat-dogg  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:32:13pm

re: #7 Skip Intro

Allen West is looking for a job.

I predict Carson’s replacement will not be a black man.

Belafon  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:32:44pm

re: #13 gocart mozart

Also, he’s missing sexism.

wheat-dogg  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:33:35pm

re: #12 JordanRules

IOW Buzzfeed played Cohen bigly. And Cohen walked right into the trap.

freetoken  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:33:45pm

re: #15 wheat-dogg

I predict Carson’s replacement will not be a black man.

Well, there are still plenty of former and current F&F hosts who are not yet in political positions.

JordanRules  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:34:36pm

re: #17 wheat-dogg

IOW Buzzfeed played Cohen bigly. And Cohen walked right into the trap.

He kinda traps himself and repeatedly walks into new traps.

stpaulbear  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:36:20pm

re: #15 wheat-dogg

I predict Carson’s replacement will not be a black man.

But he/she will be even less qualified than Carson.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:36:43pm

re: #20 stpaulbear

But he/she will be even less qualified than Carson.

That’s a pretty low bar in the first place.

JordanRules  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:38:22pm
Skip Intro  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:39:47pm

re: #15 wheat-dogg

I predict Carson’s replacement will not be a black man.

It could be Betsy Blackwater since that’s the way Trump likes to do things. Leave her position open. If there’s anything Republicans hate more than poor people it’s educated ones.

Ben doesn’t need to leave the administration though. Since Nicki Haley is on thin ice at the UN because she said mean things about the Russians, Carson could take her job.

To Trump, this is the way a very stable genius solves a sticky problem.

wheat-dogg  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:40:25pm

I like this kid.

Jay C  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:40:35pm

Re-posted:

re: #487 JordanRules

This is RUMINT, but pretty credible RUMINT: Trump preparing to fire Sessions, name Pruitt Acting AG (which he can be since he already holds a Senate confirmed position), and Pruitt fires Mueller. And McMaster likely to be replaced by Bolton. Shulkin also on way out, FWIW.

Silly as Kristol’s pretentious spook-speak might be, the worst part of it is that this sort of musical-chairs shuffle (or is “musical toilets” a better simile, given the shitshow this will engender?) isn’t - to this country’s disgrace - completely out-of-the-question, given the shambolic incompetence of “President” Trump and his imbecilic Administration.

wheat-dogg  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:41:00pm

re: #19 JordanRules

He kinda traps himself and repeatedly walks into new traps.

The Carter Page of the legal profession

Semper Fi  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:41:04pm

re: #10 ObserverArt

- - -

More Monsters to Men…from same release as the video in the last thread.

Video

Very nice. I love her voice.

Skip Intro  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:41:16pm

re: #20 stpaulbear

But he/she will be even less qualified than Carson.

Of course! That’s the genius of it!

wheat-dogg  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:45:30pm

I’ve been reviewing my Twitter TL and getting choked up at the student walkouts. Even second-graders participated.

Respect

goddamnedfrank  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:46:40pm

Have you ever noticed …

Skip Intro  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:47:35pm

Jeebus! It just keeps getting worse.

.Sarah Palin coming to Mar-a-Lago for Palm Beach County GOP dinner

Sarah Palin will keynote the Palm Beach County Republican Party’s annual Lincoln Day fundraising dinner on Friday at Mar-a-Lago, the party announced today.

palmbeachpost.com

goddamnedfrank  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:50:48pm

re: #29 wheat-dogg

Respect

Some kids were the only ones in their schools to do it and did it anyway. That shit is amazing to me.

JordanRules  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:50:58pm

re: #25 Jay C

Re-posted:

re: #487 JordanRules

Definitely. The lurch towards a necessary absurdity in pursuit of authoritarianism is blatant and any one of these moves by itself is terrible.
I’d seen others speculate on this same cluster of rumors so I’d already had my immediate horrified reaction. So once I saw Bill’s tweet and that response I was tickled because he really did rephrase it to sound all spyish.

bill d. (b.d.)  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:51:08pm

re: #31 Skip Intro

Jeebus! It just keeps getting worse.

.Sarah Palin coming to Mar-a-Lago for Palm Beach County GOP dinner

palmbeachpost.com

LOL, Trump can’t be there….he could not stand Palin being behind his podium for more than 20 seconds.

JordanRules  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:52:14pm

re: #32 goddamnedfrank

Some kids who were the only ones in their schools to do it and did it anyway. That shit is amazing to me.

Amazing to me too!

I chopped onions several times today.

bill d. (b.d.)  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:52:26pm

re: #31 Skip Intro

Jeebus! It just keeps getting worse.

.Sarah Palin coming to Mar-a-Lago for Palm Beach County GOP dinner

palmbeachpost.com

Will Sarah and family be telling the Trump family about the virtues of abstinence only?

bill d. (b.d.)  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:53:31pm

re: #36 bill d. (b.d.)

Abstinence only, Stormy and me….

Belafon  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:53:40pm
wheat-dogg  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:54:52pm

re: #32 goddamnedfrank

One girl walked out while the other students stayed inside for a school-organized assembly program. I think she’s in Sayreville, NJ.

gocart mozart  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:56:06pm
JordanRules  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:56:24pm

Damnet.

wheat-dogg  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:56:50pm

Just to show that China’s government censors cannot control the Internet 100%.

medium.com

During the national party congress, a reporter asked a long-winded, softball question to a party official, and another reporter was caught in an eye-roll. It’s now a meme on Chinese social media.

petesh  Mar 14, 2018 • 7:58:10pm

re: #25 Jay C

Re-posted:

re: #487 JordanRules

This is summer-beach-novel or comic-opera stuff and would have been unbelievable only a couple of years ago. I do believe it’s possible, and I find it hard to see how it will play out. I assume Mueller has stashes of material; he may have unfiled charges just waiting to drop. November is the backstop but I’m looking for action this summer. I wish I was sure we’d win.

BlueGrl21  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:00:09pm

re: #35 JordanRules

Amazing to me too!

I chopped onions several times today.

I was at work when all of the images and tweets from the marches were coming in. I had to stop watching it because I was getting choked up. I’m in an open office environment so I would be spending the entire afternoon claiming I had “bad allergies.”

I may have done that before.

wheat-dogg  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:02:44pm

Charles Johnson  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:03:40pm
BeachDem  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:04:06pm

re: #31 Skip Intro

Jeebus! It just keeps getting worse.

.Sarah Palin coming to Mar-a-Lago for Palm Beach County GOP dinner

palmbeachpost.com

Wait—the dinner is Friday and they just announced the keynote speaker today? Wonder how many people turned them down before Princess Dumbass accepted.

Kragar  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:05:16pm
Joe Bacon 🌹  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:05:19pm

Let me drop today’s food post—Eater LA visits Howlin’ Ray’s Hot Chicken in the Chinatown section of Los Angeles!

Sampling Los Angeles’ Spiciest Fried Chicken at Howlin’ Ray’s — Dining on a Dime

Belafon  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:07:02pm

re: #48 Kragar

freetoken  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:07:02pm

re: #48 Kragar

The “war on boys” meme is making its rounds again, showed up on my Facebook timeline.

Kragar  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:07:39pm
JordanRules  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:08:20pm

This whole situation is a mess!
They still don’t know who’s gun or what type.
Kid went home with the bullet fragments in his neck.
Wow.

MsJ  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:08:41pm

freetoken  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:09:26pm

I am not amazed, just dismayed, by how many Americans still don’t realize that manual labor can mostly be replaced by machines.

This is why the number of so-called traditional “jobs” have grown less than the population, and why so many new jobs are about information and the brokerage of such, something at which human thinking is still important.

freetoken  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:12:35pm

For all the adoration of “business” in American culture, you’d think the masses might learn sooner or later that a business can be more profitable by lowering its costs, and if those costs are labor, then the way to more profits is eliminating the humans.

Which is exactly what has happened in industry around the world and continues and will continue as long as there are energy supplies to run machines.

Skip Intro  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:18:47pm

Stormy Daniels mother is a Trumper, hopes her daughter won’t harm Trump, wants him to serve at least four terms as president.

Double Jeebus.

thehill.com

Eclectic Cyborg  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:19:30pm

re: #57 Skip Intro

Louisiana…what more is there to say?

Charles Johnson  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:19:32pm
JordanRules  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:25:20pm
Skip Intro  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:26:22pm

re: #47 BeachDem

Presumably the death of Steven Hawking left them with a big hole at the rostrum. I assume Palin will be speaking of his most recent work.

The Ghost of a Flea  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:26:34pm

*sigh*

*pours heavier drink*

Skip Intro  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:28:17pm

re: #60 JordanRules

Precious bodily fluids, as Gen. Jack D. Ripper put it.

Kragar  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:32:45pm
The Ghost of a Flea  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:32:58pm
Eclectic Cyborg  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:33:20pm

stpaulbear  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:33:49pm

re: #63 Skip Intro

Precious bodily fluids, as Gen. Jack D. Ripper put it.

His ‘essence’.

Kragar  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:36:11pm

re: #66 Eclectic Cyborg

“Grab your stick and get out on the ice Don.”

Pawn of the Oppressor  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:39:06pm

re: #49 Joe Bacon 🌹

Video

Hah, he’s visibly sweating at the end. Never heard of the hot chicken trend… Interesting.

I’ve had buldak at a Korean place in HEB area of DFW that was about a 9 on my personal burn-o-meter, and my friend who had lived & worked in Korea said it was about a 5 for him, so on an international scale I’m pretty weak when it comes to burning chicken. :/

LastYearsMan  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:39:56pm

re: #1 Ace Rothstein

Trump: Conor Lamb won “because he’s like Trump.”

Wow. That’s beyond industrial-grade narcissism. That’s, like, nuclear narcissism.

Targetpractice  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:40:26pm

re: #48 Kragar

Another day, another “Do farts have lumps?” look from Tucker Carlson.

Jay C  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:41:21pm

re: #60 JordanRules

I don’t suppose Carlson provided any backup for those “sperm count” figures, did he? Or did he get them from the Medical Correspondent at InfoWars or someplace?

majii  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:41:43pm

re: #66 Eclectic Cyborg

“Trump is gonna learn the hard way Canadians have a mean side you don’t ever want to see.”

Although his sycophants will never tell Trump, Justin Trudeau is not only smarter than Trump, he’s well-informed on many topics/matters. It’s very likely that Trudeau already knows that when it comes to Trump, there’s no THERE there, just an empty talking suit that sells bullsh*t 24/7/365. I’ve said this here before~if Trump and I were walking in a desert and I had water, but he didn’t, I’d share. I’d give him one drop and only one drop. Such is my disgust for the man. He got on my last nerve a long, long time ago.

Kragar  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:42:04pm

re: #72 Jay C

The taste has changed significantly since he started testing his own a few years back

Cheechako  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:44:56pm

re: #74 Kragar

O.K. - Now you have to help clean up my keyboard.

stpaulbear  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:46:11pm

re: #69 Pawn of the Oppressor

I used to have an apartment over a Korean restaurant. I’d stop in for dinner now and then and the owner would bring me out some extra treats. She gave me what I think was pickled cabbage one evening and I just barely touched it to my lip and I had to grab my water to try to put out the burn. I’m a total food wuss, but it was still ridiculous. The owner was probably bummed that I always ordered the blandest things on the menu.

Romantic Heretic  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:46:15pm

re: #7 Skip Intro

He should try the Philippines. Duterte likes people like him.

Jay C  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:46:37pm

re: #73 majii

And Trudeau is highly unlikely to be the only world leader who has figured this out already.

All of them, Katie” is probably the appropriate Internet riposte….

Targetpractice  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:46:43pm

I’m old enough to remember the public scare among wingnuts when the word “metrosexual” was making the rounds, right around the time “Queer Eye” first premiered. “ZOMG! Men who care about their appearance, don’t degrade women, and actually take care of their personal hygiene! How can we be manly if we can’t belch, fart, and scratch ourselves openly in public?!”

Renaissance_Man  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:54:18pm

re: #72 Jay C

Sperm counts are down among US men, this is true.

Saying it’s because of immigration is completely made up.

Romantic Heretic  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:57:10pm

re: #66 Eclectic Cyborg

There’s a reason the British used us and the Australians for the nasty jobs in wars.

Until we learned better. It took until Dieppe to do it though.

Targetpractice  Mar 14, 2018 • 8:58:39pm

re: #80 Renaissance_Man

Sperm counts are down among US men, this is true.

Saying it’s because of immigration is completely made up.

It’s a continuation of the “Invasion of brown foreigners!” motif. In times past, it would have been screaming fits about foreigners shacking up with “our women.” Now it’s the unspoken worry that foreigners are gonna breed us out of existence. In other words, it’s the American flavor of far-right European scaremongering.

JordanRules  Mar 14, 2018 • 9:00:11pm
Ace Rothstein  Mar 14, 2018 • 9:02:46pm
Eclectic Cyborg  Mar 14, 2018 • 9:03:43pm

re: #84 Ace Rothstein

Now that’s fucking cool.

freetoken  Mar 14, 2018 • 9:07:20pm

I wonder how many hits google has had recently on “sperm counts”?

teleskiguy  Mar 14, 2018 • 9:09:24pm
freetoken  Mar 14, 2018 • 9:10:20pm

Here is, probably, possibly, the Reuters story that set all this off last year, which btw comes up top on the google search:

Sperm count falling sharply in developed world, researchers say

[…]

Working with a team of researchers in the United States, Brazil, Denmark, Israel and Spain, Levine screened and brought together the findings of 185 sperm count studies from 1973 to 2011 and then conducted a so-called meta-regression analysis.

The results, published in the journal Human Reproduction Update, showed a 52.4 percent decline in sperm concentration and a 59.3 percent decline in total sperm count among North American, European, Australian and New Zealand men.

The former measures the concentration of semen in a man’s ejaculation, while the latter is semen concentration multiplied by volume.

In contrast, no significant decline was seen in South America, Asia and Africa. The researches noted, however, that far fewer studies have been conducted in these regions.

[…]

whitebeach  Mar 14, 2018 • 9:10:47pm

re: #82 Targetpractice

Let’s see if I understand this: Foreign immigration is causing collapsing sperm counts but the furriners are gonna breed “us” out of existence? Logical whiplashes like this are why it’s impossible for most higher mammals, let alone thinking human beings, to watch Fox.

freetoken  Mar 14, 2018 • 9:12:17pm

Just coincidentally, I’m currently watching a series of recent lectures at Oxford, about controversies in physics.

I will note that in much research related to health, that gets noticed by the general public, that there is substantial uncertainty in the results, compared to many physical sciences.

freetoken  Mar 14, 2018 • 9:16:05pm

This sort of story is mostly about headlines grabbing attention.

Why certain topics becomes fads …. ?

Anyway, I hear tulips are the hot investment.

freetoken  Mar 14, 2018 • 9:17:21pm

This sort of scare (in this case about some looming impotence of American men) falls right into the same category as the muslim-under-every-bed scare right after 9/11.

whitebeach  Mar 14, 2018 • 9:19:01pm

re: #88 freetoken

Sperm count falling sharply in developed world, researchers say

Do they speculate about possible causes, such as, let’s guess, too much exposure to microwaves, or too much HFCS in the food? Of course, it could just be that older people form larger proportions of the population in developed nations. I’m pretty sure counting my sperm, for example, would be pretty boring for the researcher: One … two … is that another one, hard to say … wait, there’s one for sure, but it looks passed out drunk.

Deaf Kaki Chumpy - African Fire Live @ Casa BertallotIscriviti al canale qui: goo.gl Facebook: facebook.comTwitter: @bertallotGoogle+ goo.glAscoltaci su: bertallot.com
King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man 21st Century Schizoid Man by KIng Crimson. Filmed in Japan December 2015. An album and DVD from the 2015 tour, Radical Action to Unseat the Hold of Monkey Mind, can be purchased from dgmlive.com as well as audio downloads ...
How Donald Trump Killed the Immigration Bill With 1 Tweet (CNN)For weeks, House Republican leaders have been working behind closed doors to thread the needle on an immigration bill that could secure the support of the bulk on their conference. On Friday morning, President Donald Trump ended all that ...
Unshaken Defiance
“Did You Even READ the Piece?” This Startup Wants to Make That Question Obsolete for Commentors Let’s be honest: Are you going to read this or skim this? In a land of feeds, tidbits, and bullet points, readers don’t often get to the end of a piece — let alone absorb each sentence along the ...
Young the Giant: Simplify (Official Audio) Young The Giant's official audio for their new single 'Simplify' - available now. Download / Stream 'Simplify': lnk.to Catch Young The Giant on Tour this fall with very special guest Lights!More info at: youngthegiant.com Site: youngthegiant.comFacebook: facebook.comTwitter: @youngthegiantInstagram: instagram.comYouTube: ...
Traveller - ‘Nobody Makes It Out’ (Live at WFUV)wfuv.org • Follow @wfuv: ow.ly Traveller performs "Nobody Makes It Out" live in Studio A. Recorded 5.9.18. Host: Alisa AliAudio: Caroline InzucchiCameras: Kristal Ho, Brian Gallagher & Kaylee KurkierewiczEditors: Kaylee Kurkierewicz & Brian Gallagher
Fantastic Negrito - the Duffler (Official Video) ‘The Duffler’ is taken from Fantastic Negrito's brand new album 'Please Don't Be Dead' out now. Order your copy here: fn.lnk.to Director: Freddy Macdonald Producer: Fred MacdonaldCinematographer: Sebastian KlingerEditor: Freddy MacdonaldProduction Company: Macdonald Entertainment Partners Check here for Fantastic ...
Facebook’s Screening for Political Ads Nabs News Sites… One ad couldn’t have been more obviously political. Targeted to people aged 18 and older, it urged them to “vote YES” on June 5 on a ballot proposition to issue bonds for schools in a district near San Francisco. ...
1 week, 1 day ago
Stanford Prison Experiment: Why Famous Psychology Studies Are Now Being Torn Apart Sometimes pseudoscience makes it through to the text books, most often in the soft and social sciences. A new exposé based on previously unpublished recordings of Philip Zimbardo, the Stanford psychologist who ran the study, and interviews with his ...
Goliath Season 2 - Official Trailer In Season 2 of Goliath, Billy McBride takes on a new case, and the fight spills into the streets of Los Angeles and alleys of Venice Beach.Goliath returns 6/15 on Prime Video. » Stream Goliath 6/15 on Prime Video: ...