David Corn: Donald Trump Is Getting Away With the Biggest Scandal in American History

Politics • Views: 27,698

An excellent, insightful piece by David Corn is our must-read of the day, urging us to keep our eyes on the big picture of the Trump Horror, and not get bogged down in the endless flood of awfulness: Donald Trump Is Getting Away With the Biggest Scandal in American History

Almost every day, Trump pushes out a simple (and dishonest) narrative via tweets and public remarks: The Russia investigation is a…well, you know, a witch hunt. Or a hoax. Or fake news. He blasts out the same exclamations daily: Witch hunt, hoax! Hoax, witch hunt! That’s his mantra.

His synopsis is easy to follow. It encompasses (even if by ignoring) every new fact and revelation. It connects all the inaccurate and false dots Trump and his partisans toss out: Unmasking! Obama wiretapped Trump! The FBI improperly obtained warrants to conduct surveillance on his campaign advisers! And so on. He’s the victim. The bad guys are the Dems, libs, prosecutors, and deep staters pursuing this huge nothing-burger for nothing but political gain. The Russia story, in Trump’s telling, is a black-and-white tale of evildoers persecuting a great man—him. Sad. And this bully uses his pulpit (and smartphone) to transmit this simple message nonstop.

The other side—the accurate perspective—isn’t that complicated. In 2016, Vladimir Putin’s regime mounted information warfare against the United States, in part to help Trump become president. While this attack was underway, the Trump crew tried to collude covertly with Moscow, sought to set up a secret communications channel with Putin’s office, and repeatedly denied in public that this assault was happening, providing cover to the Russian operation. Trump and his lieutenants aligned themselves with and assisted a foreign adversary, as it was attacking the United States. The evidence is rock-solid: They committed a profound act of betrayal. That is the scandal.

Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)  Jun 5, 2018 • 12:51:28pm

Current mood:

Ace Rothstein  Jun 5, 2018 • 12:58:01pm

Today would be a good day for Trump to release his tax returns.

ObserverArt  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:01:49pm

Since David Corn is often on many news outlets or his stories are covered, I wonder if this article is a shot at all of the media more than a message to his readers.

Teukka  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:04:33pm
JordanRules  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:05:16pm
lawhawk  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:07:36pm

re: #5 JordanRules

It’s even worse than that, since those are just the empty positions due to Trump failing to nominate, and the Senate inability to confirm people to those positions.

DOJ is hardly alone. It’s a similar story at State and the DoD and every other federal agency.

Ace Rothstein  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:07:46pm

re: #4 Teukka

That guy is going to wake up with a horse head in in his bed.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:08:10pm

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

rhuarc  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:08:45pm

Who cares about the Trump scandal? We need to really focus, laser like, on how Bill Clinton’s latest interview has destroyed any chance he has of becoming president in 2020. And since Hillary hasn’t spoken out against her husband after the interview it has destroyed any chance she has of winning the presidency in 2018! Come on, people! Let’s talk about things that matter!

Ace Rothstein  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:09:58pm
EPR-radar  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:10:28pm

Trump, his lies, and his crimes are merely symptoms of the larger problem, which is that Trump is perfectly representative of what the Republican party has become.

Briefly, the Republican party is a proto-fascist collage of resentful cranks with only one policy commitment — lower taxes on the rich, as required by the rich sociopaths that fund it. Everything else is the opportunistic politics of appealing to resentful cranks, such as racist lost-causers, religious zealots unhappy that progress is leaving them ever further behind and isolated, members of the fabled white working class all too ready to scapegoat others in response to their problems, etc.

Movement conservatism was born out of resentment vs. the Brown v. Board of Education decision, and Trumpism is the inevitable result of that spirit of hatred having completely captured the party.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:10:36pm

re: #9 rhuarc

You know that’s the “H.O.” model train of thought going round and round in Maggie’s head right now!

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:11:15pm
Sir John Barron  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:13:09pm

The next chapter in the WH v Eagles drama…who were those people on the South Lawn for the “Celebration of America” event? Were they Eagles fans? From Philly? @alex_mallin reports many had WH badges tucked into jackets & shirts

— Karen Travers

So much for Infrastructure Week

ObserverArt  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:13:41pm

Celebration of America

A reality show brought to you by Donald J. Trump Productions.

(With attendees paid to be there)

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:15:00pm
darthstar  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:15:03pm
lawhawk  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:15:11pm

re: #13 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

No, that’s what the endless supply of leakers are for.

Have a secret meeting? Get 5 sources to leak about it.

Sanders holds special meeting about leaking to media, and it gets leaked.

Trump orders phones get seized (all while using an unsecured phone of his own) to try and stop leaking, and that too gets leaked.

Teukka  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:15:18pm

re: #4 Teukka

Carina Bergfeldt is one of the US journo’s for SVT (Swedish Public Service TV).

EPR-radar  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:15:31pm

I really am beginning to think that people are so susceptible to propaganda that having a Fox News of the left may be the only way to effectively fight back vs. Fox News.

In fact, I wouldn’t have any problem at all with a Fox News of the left that was strictly truthful in its reporting on Republicans and their crimes, but still had a definite anti-Republican agenda.

Weaselone  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:17:23pm

re: #11 EPR-radar

This is completely false. The are also committed to

1. Gutting all regulations so the rich can externalize as many costs as possible
2. Directing whatever taxes the government collects into the pockets of their croneys.

lawhawk  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:18:08pm

re: #17 darthstar

pier1.com

Belafon  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:18:24pm

re: #20 EPR-radar

As I alluded to in the last thread, you couldn’t get anyone to watch it. As a group, the left is far less likely to sit and watch the news. We’d rather get it from other sources.

Edited

darthstar  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:20:06pm

re: #22 lawhawk

pier1.com

YOU. FUCKING. ROCK. I hadn’t thought to search Pier 1.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:21:11pm
lawhawk  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:22:19pm

re: #24 darthstar

It’s all about the google-fu. :) Hope the missus enjoys ‘em!

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:22:55pm
lawhawk  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:23:20pm

Finally, a bit of good news from a forgotten/overlooked corner of the planet.

Sir John Barron  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:23:42pm

WH: I’m canceling the NK summit

GOP Senate: NK totally bailed on the summit, all their fault

Sir John Barron  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:24:48pm

re: #28 lawhawk

Finally, a bit of good news from a forgotten/overlooked corner of the planet.

Trump takes credit for this in 3…2…1

EPR-radar  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:25:17pm

Edited

At this point I’ll just settle for a major media outfit that is not either GOP propaganda or hobbled by both-siderism. Like it or not, some voters are swayed by really stupid shit and shallow impressions, and letting the ambient noise be GOP or both-sides mostly gives those voters to the GOP for free.

Belafon  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:25:44pm

re: #30 Sir John Barron

Trump takes credit for this in 3…2…1

Like he cares about them.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:26:40pm
Belafon  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:28:23pm

re: #31 EPR-radar

I agree. I wish we could get a news station to be left leaning consistently. I commented in the last thread if all of us on sites like here and Daily Kos watched MSNBC, it would easily be the highest rated network. But people on the left just aren’t going to.

And I think we should. Not only watch, but call and write in. If we’d done that to CNN, it wouldn’t have tried to go to the middle. I think, as much as we’re averse to it, the TV still holds some sway and we need to deal with it.

Dizzy  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:30:06pm

Oh.

freetoken  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:31:06pm

I’d rather just have journalists do proper journalism.

If our fellow citizens don’t want reality, then the problem with which we’re faced is much deeper than a few media companies.

sagehen  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:31:32pm

re: #20 EPR-radar

We used to have one, until Ted Turner cashed out.

darthstar  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:32:06pm

re: #26 lawhawk

It’s all about the google-fu. :) Hope the missus enjoys ‘em!

Friend gave us a set of 8. One has a loose back. Figured I’d get three more to give us 10 which will fit nicely around our table.

darthstar  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:32:58pm

re: #38 darthstar

I did google search, but I guess I’m out of practice.

JordanRules  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:33:02pm

re: #36 freetoken

I’d rather just have journalists do proper journalism.

It is bigger.
But I think they helped make the problem bigger too.

Scottish Dragon  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:33:58pm

re: #4 Teukka

Very, very white crowd….

JordanRules  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:34:21pm

re: #35 Dizzy

Oh.

Keep an eye on that Ford election in Ontario though bud.

lawhawk  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:35:32pm

re: #41 Scottish Dragon

They sent out missives to the WH staff to get them out there on the lawn, because otherwise it would have looked even worse than the inauguration.

So of course the crowd was melanin challenged.

JordanRules  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:35:42pm
FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:36:37pm

A reminder from a couple days ago

JordanRules  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:36:58pm
Interesting Times  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:38:19pm

re: #42 JordanRules

Keep an eye on that Ford election in Ontario though bud.

Arrrrrrgh don’t remind me! -_- You think your electoral college is bad? Check out our idiotic and undemocratic first-past-the-post system, where it’s essentially 124 mini-elections for seats in the provincial parliaments. Even though the social-democratic party is tied or leading the mini-trumps in the polls, thanks to the mini-trump’s better distribution of ridings (our version of districts), mini-trump could win an outright majority government with only 36% of the popular vote. This is the equivalent of owning both houses of congress for a guaranteed four years!

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:38:28pm

Of course he will

JordanRules  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:38:35pm
dangerman  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:39:35pm

re: #6 lawhawk

it’s a backdoor way of cutting the budget

Scottish Dragon  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:39:44pm

re: #28 lawhawk

Finally, a bit of good news from a forgotten/overlooked corner of the planet.

The Ethiopia/Eritrea war was the real thing. Set piece battles with tanks and artillery, and aerial dog fights with Russian and Ukrainian mercs on both sides flying MiGs and Sukhoi Flankers.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:40:48pm

re: #37 sagehen

We used to have one, until Ted Turner cashed out.

Nope. Still remember Bernard Shaw’s “Kitty question” which was slipped to him by Lee Atwater. CNN under Turner was always biased to the Republicans.

gocart mozart  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:40:49pm

Better version below

Mighty Mouse - Andy Kaufman

danarchy  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:41:03pm

re: #17 darthstar

I take it your wife does not follow you on twitter. Otherwise you may have just spoiled the surprise :)

Dizzy  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:41:08pm

re: #42 JordanRules

Keep an eye on that Ford election in Ontario though bud.

You don’t have to tell me, I’m fully focused with my vote in hand. Unfortunately the choice is dismal. The Liberals have badly mismanaged the economy, the NDP are mostly in the BernieBro sphere, and the Conservatives under Ford are Trumpland light.

Fortunately under our system of government, Ford himself, who will likely be elected as head of the Conservatives (running comfortably ahead in polls), does not have as much influence and power as a governor or president in your political system. However, that doesn’t mean he can’t do damage, just maybe not as much. My hope is that a minority government will be mandated, even if the Conservatives win.

JordanRules  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:41:33pm

re: #47 Interesting Times

Yikes!!! That’s a hot mess. I really, really hope that can be overcome and Ford is kicked back to the curb.

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:44:00pm
Charles Johnson  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:44:38pm

fGdx1y818EtDLeCoayey4lSr9q0ZZbVWq7q46nIIqQ+HAk669xOlyL8Re3f7QyHZoemHRl/lRvecn++L94wIxVzEFIGgXqu23AinaNmYrH6hxSX29OnjnavN8UIP55g7y1qNHc5TW4e+buI4cCn3fg==

Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:44:58pm

DeVos Demands Taxpayer Money For Religious Schools

And her brother’s privatized national security force would be just the thing for ensuring that outcome.

darthstar  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:47:40pm

re: #54 danarchy

No…but then again I also sent her a screenshot of the link Lawhawk gave me. She prefers to know what is coming.

Interesting Times  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:49:17pm

re: #55 Dizzy

I don’t agree about the NDP. I like what Andrea Horvath is offering, and think it should at least be given a chance. Plus, NDP provincial governments have a better track record overall:

Er, with a majority government, I’d say he has a lot more! At least in US statehouses, a rogue governor can be kept in check by the legislature.

Mandated? If they get the seats thanks to a Liberal vs NDP vote-split, they get the seats. I know of no precedent whatsoever for “mandating” a minority government.

mmmirele  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:50:54pm

re: #59 Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel

Ah, erm, hell to the no. I don’t care if it’s First Baptist Church school or Gaia’s Coven school, I do not want my tax dollars going to it. NO.

Charles Johnson  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:57:22pm
Dizzy  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:57:30pm

re: #61 Interesting Times

I am referring to the government mandate they have by winning an election.

Interesting graph, what is the source? I could not find it in the link.
The last NDP government we had in Ontario blew the deficit and increased the debt to a degree where austerity measures were being considered. Beyond that, I’m not ideologically predisposed to them. Talking with their representatives reminds me of the Bernie Bot twitter storms.

All that said, I might just hold my nose and vote for them anyway as the best of the worst.

Sir John Barron  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:57:38pm

Got my Maryland sample ballot today ahead of the primary later this month.

Chelsea Manning is indeed on the ballot for U.S. Senator. There’s also a Richard “Rikki” Vaughn—I hope it’s not that awful dude from Twitter who was recently outed as being from NYC I think.

dangerman  Jun 5, 2018 • 1:58:42pm

re: #59 Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel

DeVos Demands Taxpayer Money For Religious Schools

whether “the separation of church and state* should be ‘assigned to the ash heap of history’” or not, the constitution is pretty clear on the issue so do your job and enforce the law as it’s written. not as you’d prefer it to be. Or quit, if you must.

*ps - you know the words “separation of church and state” dont exist in the constitution, right? why you using them? /s

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:00:39pm
Colère Tueur de Lapin  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:00:56pm

Like he cares about them knows what or where those countries are.

Sir John Barron  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:01:06pm

re: #66 dangerman

I wonder if she thinks the “no religious test” article should be “assigned to the ash heap of history” as well.

gocart mozart  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:01:33pm
Jebediah, RBG  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:02:07pm

As long as the shootings aren’t happening at religious private or charter schools, DeVos is happy.
Let the public schools become increasingly dangerous - why not? That contributes to her goal of destroying public education. Scores of dead children is such a small price to pay to get rid of public education.

Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:02:50pm

re: #62 mmmirele

I’m still waiting for the Temple of Satan to form its own police force in Alabama, like a yokel House of Superstition is being allowed to do. Just imagine the uniforms the ToS could come up with.

Sir John Barron  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:03:04pm

re: #70 gocart mozart

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united states of America and to the Republic for which it stands one nation under God bless America and justice for all

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:03:50pm

somebody else tweeted these for the moron (note time stamps).

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:04:17pm
gocart mozart  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:05:21pm
FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:05:48pm

Sir John Barron  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:06:30pm

The HISTORIC Rescissions Package we’ve proposed

Ah, I think I see the problem here….

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:06:57pm
Sir John Barron  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:07:38pm

re: #77 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

We had like zero people in the military and an unemployment rate of 45% and now we have a military and 4% unemployment in just over a year. Miraculous.

///

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:08:20pm

re: #73 Sir John Barron

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:09:07pm
dangerman  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:10:06pm

somebody else tweeted these for the moron (note time stamps).

“Imagine how much wasteful spending we’d save if i fired pruitt”

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:11:08pm
dangerman  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:12:02pm

re: #76 gocart mozart

[Embedded content
Serious question:

In America, do gay heart surgeons have the right to refuse to save the lives of bigoted cake shop owners
]

Maybe - Depends on what they’re asked to embroider over the scar

Sea Mexican!  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:12:25pm

That is not a show of love for your country, Wohl. That’s a fakery masquerading as the real thing.

dangerman  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:14:13pm

re: #78 Sir John Barron

Ah, I think I see the problem here….

Note: The executive’s rescission authority has not been used since 2000

dangerman  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:15:34pm

Maybe the strap is holding the truck together

freetoken  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:22:58pm

The Patterson thing is still roiling the Southern Baptists. He’s still scheduled to preach at their upcoming annual shindig.

Anyway…

Sir John Barron  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:24:11pm

re: #87 dangerman

Note: The executive’s rescission authority has not been used since 2000

It is probably already gospel truth in the feverswamp that Drumpf has cut 15 trillions of dollars of waste out of the budget.

ObserverArt  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:25:47pm

Question in general.

How can you forget the words to The National Anthem and God Bless America when you never knew them?

Trump never cared about either song until he could use them as tools against those that do not back him.

Dave In Austin  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:26:14pm
The Ghost of a Flea  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:26:19pm

re: #90 Sir John Barron

We have always been at war with the Philly Eagles.

Barefoot Grin  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:26:40pm

KDgkv6Pjry7JekuZr4Ct3M/mhDJLfwqSDoVg+k9BItQ8OgHlYf+gq7ia7X61Y11WidfsGgfTFLiqpXLuM2GCNyd1dYKR8j/hfcaYcKYgsBlXWziI8S3l39Or+EHp+v+gHYRZu9TAq1E=

ObserverArt  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:33:08pm

Is that dirt or sand? Sand would be even dumber to try to strap down.

I can also see this guy driving down some road causing bedlam with the people behind him.

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:34:21pm

re: #93 The Ghost of a Flea

We have always been at war with the Philly Eagles.

Well, Eagles fans did start the war against Christmas

ObserverArt  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:35:06pm

Chuck Schumer ✔
@SenSchumer
If these reports are true, @realDonaldTrump has put China, not the United States, first. By letting ZTE off the hook, the president who roared like a lion is governing like a lamb when it comes to China. Congress should move in a bipartisan fashion to block this deal right away.

4:22 PM - Jun 5, 2018

Hahahahaha. Good luck with that Chuck.

freetoken  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:35:16pm

They have Clinton-in-their-head:

The Ghost of a Flea  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:35:55pm

re: #96 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

Christmas deserves to be warred against.

It’s already annexed most of December and is eyeing Thanksgiving like it was the Sudetenland.

ObserverArt  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:37:35pm

re: #98 freetoken

They have Clinton-in-their-head:

I see he calls his show “The Briefing.”

Obviously he keeps his thinking very brief.

mmmirele  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:40:38pm

re: #89 freetoken

Anyway…

Oh, discovery would be a beeyotch. People who talk like this have not even a clue of what they would be in for.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:40:49pm

re: #95 ObserverArt

Is that dirt or sand? Sand would be even dumber to try to strap down.

looks like sand to me

freetoken  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:42:45pm

re: #100 ObserverArt

I keep going about about the Paige Patterson scandal because his defenders are the same people who buy into the Trump idiocy.

The Southern Baptist problem is America’s problem.

The fundamentalists, of whom Patterson and Mohler are leaders (though from two slightly different dogma camps, but that is not so important right now), derailed the slow modernization of the Southern Baptists a few decades ago, and have been pushing various forms of atavism in churchianity.

freetoken  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:44:15pm

Off to vote soon… but I discovered last night that the polling place is farther from me than it’s ever been. This is going to be a long walk.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:47:32pm
gocart mozart  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:49:35pm
FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:49:38pm
gocart mozart  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:51:36pm
ObserverArt  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:52:44pm

Has Trumped thrown a fit about no more swimsuit competition in the Miss America Pageant?

Watch him call it un-American and a disgrace to all the women that work so hard to compete. He’ll say it is more politically correct liberal thinking.

Then Vince McMahon will come out and say he will have The American Babes in Bikinis competition and it will Make America Great Again.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:53:41pm

re: #98 freetoken

They have Clinton-in-their-head:

He’s just jealous of The Clenis.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:55:37pm

re: #104 freetoken

Going to vote in a couple minutes and yes, they moved my polling place. It used to be across the street now it’s 10 blocks away…

freetoken  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:56:47pm

re: #111 Joe Bacon 🌹

I wish my was that close. I’ve got a good 1.5 mile walk ahead, one way.

Belafon  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:57:39pm

Patricia Kayden  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:57:56pm
Interesting Times  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:58:32pm

re: #64 Dizzy

Interesting graph, what is the source? I could not find it in the link.

It’s basically this one from the Nova Scotia Finance and Treasury Board, only color-coded to reflect what party controls the province in question.

To be fair, that was waaaay back in the early 90s, and Bob Rae eventually switched to the Liberal party anyway. Looking at the current party platforms reveals that Horvath will actually be the most fiscally responsible:

Andrea Horwath’s NDP government would have the lowest deficits of $6.4 billion in their third year and $5 billion in their fourth year, according to Moffatt’s projections. The Liberals would run deficits of $6.5 billion in their third year and $5.6 billion in their fourth year.”

If you live in a swing riding, please do :) It’s the only way to prevent trump-style corruption and criminality from swamping our province.

freetoken  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:59:20pm

Relentless march of lava:

Image: image-469.jpg

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 5, 2018 • 2:59:57pm

Props to Mexico hitting back with tariffs aimed at Red areas!

Mexico’s list was designed to hit at parts of the United States represented by high-profile Republicans, Mexican officials have said, including steel from Vice President Mike Pence’s home state of Indiana, motorboats from Senator Marco Rubio’s Florida, and agricultural products from the California district of Representative Kevin McCarthy, the House majority leader.

Farmers, who are among those most vulnerable to the Mexican tariffs, said the tariffs would devastate American agriculture.

“These tariffs will exact immediate and painful consequences on many American farmers,” Angela Hofmann, deputy director of Farmers for Free Trade, said in a statement. “Hog, apple, potato and dairy farmers are among those suddenly facing a 10 or 20 percent tax hike on the exports they depend of for their livelihoods. Farmers need certainty and open markets to make ends meet. Right now they are getting chaos and protectionism.”

nytimes.com

calochortus  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:00:25pm

re: #112 freetoken

I wish my was that close. I’ve got a good 1.5 mile walk ahead, one way.

Our county (San Mateo) went all mail-in ballots this time around. I liked walking down to my polling place, but such is life.

Patricia Kayden  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:00:27pm

re: #107 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

Where is the world’s smallest violin when you need it?

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:00:36pm
Renaissance_Man  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:01:29pm

re: #117 Joe Bacon 🌹

I prefer the suggestion from one of the Canadian papers - aim tariffs at Trump and his family directly. The regime doesn’t actually care what happens to farmers, and the farmers don’t either.

Patricia Kayden  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:03:49pm

re: #98 freetoken

How is President Clinton’s affair with Monica Lewinsky worst than Trump’s affairs, payoffs and sexist conduct? There are scores of women who claim that Trump assaulted them. Evangelicals are in no position to jump on a moral high horse.

petesh  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:04:48pm

re: #122 Patricia Kayden

Because shut up, that’s why.

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:05:06pm
EPR-radar  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:05:20pm

re: #122 Patricia Kayden

Because it’s OK if you’re a Republican.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:05:41pm

re: #122 Patricia Kayden

Answer—Clinton is a Democrat and Trump is a member of God’s Party.

EPR-radar  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:06:36pm

re: #117 Joe Bacon 🌹

If the rest of the world can slap some sense back into red state America without a war, that’s a best case outcome.

meteor  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:09:13pm
Anymouse 🌹  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:09:41pm

re: #112 freetoken

I wish my was that close. I’ve got a good 1.5 mile walk ahead, one way.

There is something to be said about my own state’s mail ballot system.

freetoken  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:09:43pm

Actually, looking at the sample ballot I’ve gone over, it’s not clear to me I have to vote today.

I know that sounds unpatriotic of me, and I’ve tried to vote in all elections the past couple of decades… but all my choices seem irrelevant to the Nov elections.

Event the state propositions are pretty inconsequential. The hot ones are being saved for the election in Nov. There are no county or local propositions on my ballot.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:11:59pm

I am voting today because I am so afraid that a Nazi could be running against Dianne Feinstein on the November ballot.

Belafon  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:12:57pm

re: #130 freetoken

Vote anyway.

sagehen  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:14:07pm

re: #99 The Ghost of a Flea

Christmas deserves to be warred against.

Please. It took Thanksgiving ages ago. Now it’s got its eyes on Halloween.

Anymouse 🌹  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:14:10pm

re: #117 Joe Bacon 🌹

Regrettably, such tariffs also hurt people who didn’t vote for those douchecanoes.

Soybean and corn tariffs will definitely hurt my area. Fortunately, my tiny income is not dependent on the agriculture sector, but a lot of liberals who live here are dependent on that.

Belafon  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:16:27pm

re: #134 Anymouse 🌹

We’re not escaping Trump’s horror even though we didn’t vote for him, so it’s not like what you describe is anything new.

Patricia Kayden  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:16:58pm

re: #35 Dizzy

Oh.

That’s how I felt when I visited Montreal last year. Will be in Canada to visit family and friends later this month. Looking forward to the trip, tbh.

jaunte  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:19:54pm
sagehen  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:20:17pm

re: #117 Joe Bacon 🌹

Oh, honey, they weren’t going to have any exports this year anyway. What with their entire processing and harvesting crew having been deported…

Anymouse 🌹  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:20:42pm

re: #136 Patricia Kayden

That’s how we felt on our last trip to Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario.

This year’s trip to Saskatchewan, Alberta, Yukon, and British Columbia should feel even better. (There is something to be said for not spending hardly anything all year; we get to take car trips.)

EPR-radar  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:21:05pm

re: #130 freetoken

I didn’t skip this primary election mainly because of the Persky recall being on the ballot here.

Mattand  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:21:07pm

Way off topic: anybody here using Playstation Vue as their source for cable TV? I finally got a decent price for internet-only from Verizon, and am considering cutting the cord.

I’m looking at saving $15 a month/$180 a year. The hard sell is going to be my partner; she (rightfully) is usually concerned that the savings might not warrant any inconvenience a new set up has.

ObserverArt  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:21:51pm

re: #130 freetoken

All voting is important right now. Get to the polling place.

Mattand  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:23:11pm

re: #142 ObserverArt

All voting is important right now. Get to the polling place.

Did my part today, although it was very low key here in NJ. Just primaries. I did vote for the challenger to Menendez, though.

ObserverArt  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:25:01pm

Voting sends a message to the parties, even in small elections. It shows who is active and if the party is getting people moving. All votes count.

Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:26:41pm

re: #118 calochortus

Remember when mailboxes were on every damn corner? Now they’re farther away than the polling places.

EPR-radar  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:26:47pm

re: #142 ObserverArt

All voting is important right now. Get to the polling place.

CA’s jungle primary system (everyone votes regardless of party affiliation, and the top two vote getters move on to the general election, also regardless of party affiliation) is really difficult to get used to.

E.g., it’s tempting to vote for the second most popular Democrats in the hopes of seeing no Republicans in the general election, but too much of that will screw things up. Worst case is where the (D) field is so fragmented that no Democrat makes it to the general election.

Patricia Kayden  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:28:05pm

re: #139 Anymouse 🌹

I would love to go to British Columbia. I’ve heard that the weather is quite warm there (not as cold as other provinces). And because of the Anne of Green Gables movies, I’d also love to go to Prince Edward Island.

Hecuba's daughter  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:30:51pm

re: #146 EPR-radar

The exact point I made yesterday. Given the bizarre rules in California, voting in the primary is as important — in some cases more important — than voting in the general election. If there are more than 2 people on the ballot for a race, it’s crucial that you vote.

garzooma  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:31:28pm

re: #3 ObserverArt

I don’t know about that, but as I pointed out upthread, there is a clear shot at Democrats:

In the face of Trump’s fact-free denials, who is reminding the public of the basics—that Russia attacked, and that Trump aided and abetted the operation? If you watch cable news or are addicted to Twitter, you can see Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, engaging in hand-to-hand combat with the Republicans and the forces of Fox News over the Russia probe on practically a daily basis. A few other Democratic members of his committee join the fray when the news cycle permits. But Sen. Mark Warner, (D-Va.), the senior Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, prefers maintaining a lower profile. And there are no other Democratic bigwigs who have assumed the task of addressing the beyond-cable audience and fiercely reiterating and emphasizing the core narrative.[emphasis added]

Tomasky at the Daily Beast fleshes this out:

It’s the first game of the grapefruit league season, so to speak—the Center for American Progress’ annual May confab, where many of the expected contenders for the next Democratic presidential nomination come to show their stuff.
[…]
I heard many interesting things. But one word I didn’t hear much at all surprised me. “Trump.”

Big Beautiful Door  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:31:44pm

re: #133 sagehen

Please. It took Thanksgiving ages ago. Now it’s got its eyes on Halloween.

And on the other front, its marching on Valentine’s Day.

makeitstop  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:32:06pm

re: #147 Patricia Kayden

You should consider Nova Scotia as well. We went there last Summer, it’s beautiful up there.

We stayed in Halifax, but we rented a car to head out to the wilderness a on a couple of day trips. It was a very relaxing vacation.

Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:34:02pm

re: #146 EPR-radar

And now “Jungle Boogie” is playing in my head.

Huuh! Hah!
Get down y’all!
Huuh! Hah!
Get down!
Huuh! Hah!
Huuh! Hah!
Till you feel it y’all!

Belafon  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:36:19pm

From the previous thread. I finally got home and could respond:

Anymouse 🌹  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:40:50pm

re: #151 makeitstop

It’s been a long time since I’ve been to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia (a teenager). I’ve been to Quebec more recently (the northwest part in the ’90s). I’ve never been to PEI or west of Saskatchewan, nor to the Northwest Territories or Nunavut. (We got close to NWT when we were in Churchill.)

SteveMcGriftFlynnComey... ...corruptemoligate RN  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:42:38pm

re: #150 Big Beautiful Door

And on the other front, its marching on Valentine’s Day.

I have Christmas songs on my phone and I play them anytime of the year

Anymouse 🌹  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:42:57pm

re: #152 Blind Frog Belly White

And now “Jungle Boogie” is playing in my head.

Huuh! Hah!
Get down y’all!
Huuh! Hah!
Get down!
Huuh! Hah!
Huuh! Hah!
Till you feel it y’all!

Bungle In The Jungle (2002 Remastered Version)

ObserverArt  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:44:23pm

re: #149 garzooma

Tomasky at the Daily Beast fleshes this out:

Do you watch the reactions by the media and the Republicans right now whenever a Democrat does speak up?

Have you heard: All they are doing is complaining about a popular president and it is nothing but upset they lost the election.

Or: The Democrats have nothing to stand on, all they do is run against Trump. What is it they want to do, they have nothing?

You see many here complain the media is always doing stories about understanding the Trump voter. Or revisiting them to see what they think today?

No stories about disillusioned Clinton voters. Not one. Is that the Democrats fault?

And many times the Republicans use the same talking points because they can under cover of the media.

And if a Democrat gets too heated it is seen as nothing but political grandstanding and nothing but politics.

Outside that, I don’t think there is much more to say because I get the feeling your thinking is set.

Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:46:38pm

re: #156 Anymouse 🌹

Well, that’s alright by me.

Anymouse 🌹  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:47:57pm

re: #157 ObserverArt

And that’s in areas with majorities of liberals (such as New York or California). Trying to get a Democrat in the press here is about as common as spotting a unicorn in a field of four-leaf clovers.

Patricia Kayden  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:48:54pm

re: #151 makeitstop

Nova Scotia would be interesting because of its fascinating history. It’s a shame that I lived in Ontario for decades but never traveled to other provinces until last year when I visited Montreal as an American citizen.

HypnoToad  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:52:47pm

I just got back from my L.A. county suburban precinct. The poll workers told me that turnout so far has been heavy with constant traffic, with only one fifteen minute lull all day!

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:55:45pm

Trumpville is getting crowded.
Maybe the D.C. police should send out the riot squad to disperse those congregating thugs.

piratedan  Jun 5, 2018 • 3:56:04pm

re: #141 Mattand

our biggest issue was having to use a game controller to navigate programming menus, plus, screen loads on menu screens to know what was on and how to find it. Was too great an obstacle for an old like me, but depending upon your gaming background and experience, perhaps its just right for thee….

A hollow voice says, Covfefe.  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:00:09pm

I voted this morning. Only a couple of others voting, but this is a University precinct. Lots of people probably out of town now, and the rest aren’t getting up early during the summer. I just hope the out-of-towners got their absentee ballots before they went.

ipsos  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:04:48pm

There’s no Chris Matthews like a Chris Matthews whose beloved Eagles have been shat on…

Anymouse 🌹  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:09:33pm

An example of only talking about Republicans here.

Nebraska receives $18.3 million grant for Heartland Expressway (goes to the Scottsbluff, Nebr. Star-Herald)

The Heartland Expressway is state highway NE-71 and US-385, which goes through the Panhandle from Colorado to South Dakota, and through the cities of Kimball, Scottsbluff, and Alliance. The whole route is from Limon, Colo. to Rapid City, SD.

The project was started in 1988. The objective is to complete a highway corridor between Mexico and Canada for trade (good luck with that considering the White House) and improve access to our area for trade and tourism. Most of the project is uncompleted.

The article talks about Sen. Deb Fischer’s talks with Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao in Alliance recently. No Democrats in the area were consulted for this article.

Patricia Kayden  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:09:35pm

re: #157 ObserverArt

“All they are doing is complaining about a popular president and it is nothing but upset they lost the election.”

Trump is not a popular president by any measure. And yes, we are upset that the election was stolen because Trump colluded with Russians (and possibly other countries).

b.d. (Witch Hunt!!)  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:19:16pm

Sadler (the aide who mocked McCain) out at the WH.

Time for Rachel to update her board.

ObserverArt  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:22:00pm

re: #167 Patricia Kayden

Tell that to Fox and some other media outlets.

By the way, you know those aren’t my thoughts I hope. I was just using them as demonstrations of what Democrats hear when they do speak up.

Hecuba's daughter  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:23:12pm

re: #167 Patricia Kayden

He may not be popular with a majority of Americans but he has a fanatic devoted base who are treated by the media as though they represent a majority of voters — or perhaps a majority of the people the media care about; i.e. white voters. As we know, a large majority of white voters, not only voted for him (and Roy Moore in Alabama) but remain supporters. I just don’t know what is wrong with us that we can endorse such a deplorable dishonest thug and believe his every lie.

Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:25:28pm

re: #167 Patricia Kayden

There’s also the upset at the ever-deepening corruption; the tax cut for the wealthiest Americans which is exploding the deficit; walking away from the Iran Nuke deal while cosying up to a nuclear North Korea; embracing our adversaries while antagonizing our alies; an ill-advised trade war aimed at revitalizing the industries of the mid 1900s at the expense of the economy of the 21st Century; grossly incompetent and comically corrupt Cabinet members; packing the Federal Judiciary with reactionary judges who will always rule for the corporation over the individual.

And this is just the headliners. It doesn’t include debasing the flag and the National Anthem by using them as tools to attack free speech.

Oh, and he’s a racist.

Patricia Kayden  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:25:39pm

Belafon  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:27:45pm

re: #170 Hecuba’s daughter

We’re at a point where the division isn’t whites vs minorities, it’s bigots vs the rest of us. And he did not win the majority of the country, though he was able to pull out a victory due to arcane rules, help from Russia, a few states, and voter apathy (“he’s never going to win”).

Anymouse 🌹  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:28:00pm

re: #172 Patricia Kayden

He and every other conservative politician complaining about this is aware. They are lying about it to conservative voters (insert racist dog whistle).

EPR-radar  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:28:08pm

The mainstream media needs to realize they will be first up against the wall if a Trumpist revolution occurs, and start acting accordingly.

Minimally, this would involve completely dropping the great both-siderist lie that is enabling so much Republican corruption.

Trump is a lying corrupt racist sexist pig who won both the GOP primary and the general election primarily by appealing to those traits in the electorate.

garzooma  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:29:07pm

re: #157 ObserverArt

Regarding the non-Mueller Republicans, I don’t particularly care about the reaction of traitors. Regarding the media

No actually, please provide links. Fox News doesn’t count.

I’ll add in advance that anyone who says this is either a partisan hack or an idiot, since the fact of the matter is Democrats hardly ever bring it up.

And yet Schiff (and a handful of others) manage without any obvious ill effects.

This isn’t about me. To the extent that my thinking is set, it’s because my thinking is informed by the articles I referenced one of which was posted by Charles at the head of this thread. And I can’t help but notice that you haven’t engaged with any of them — so there clearly is a bit more to say.

Patricia Kayden  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:29:57pm

re: #170 Hecuba’s daughter

A few days ago, someone here posted statistics showing that the percentage of voters who identify as Republicans has shrank while the percentage of Independents has grown by 7%. The MSM is acting as if Trump’s base is a substantial percentage of the American populace when it is not. That’s evident by his low approval ratings.

Patricia Kayden  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:33:22pm

re: #169 ObserverArt

Yes, I could tell that you were voicing Rightwing arguments. I really hope that there is a blue wave in November just to make it clear to Fox News that their lies only impact a small portion of our voting population.

goddamnedfrank  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:33:56pm

Gotta love an article whose first line is “How dumb is Paul Manafort?”

Turns out he’s even dumber than I imagined, which is somewhat of an impressive feat.

MsJ  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:36:12pm

re: #61 Interesting Times

The problem with the NDP is that they have been typically union only supporting, which means that union people, which usually means public servants, are the only people who benefit from anything the NDP does.

My husband who owns a small business would like to get some of what the public servants get - that he never does (drug plans, additional healthcare benefits, etc.)

It’s a big deal for people like my husband who owns a small business.

Horvath is promising to expand to to other sectors and he is considering voting NDP this go round - because they realize they cannot win without people who are not in the public service unions. But if they don’t deliver to people other than their usual constituency, he said he will never, ever vote NDP again.

Charles Johnson  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:37:41pm
goddamnedfrank  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:38:08pm
Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:38:51pm

Evening Lizardim.

Skip Intro  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:39:19pm

re: #177 Patricia Kayden

But his base shows up to vote. That’s what gives them their power. Meanwhile we’re going to be fighting Trump, the Russians, and the Bernishits again.

delilah  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:39:57pm

re: #177 Patricia Kayden

Hey, that was me! It was data from Gallup. I’d be interested in knowing who actually votes, though.

ObserverArt  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:41:07pm

re: #176 garzooma

You must have missed my comments then, because I think I have been pretty clear to what I think is going on with the media and the Democrats. Maybe because they don’t agree with you 100% you don’t see my point.

I made two pretty long comments in the last thread, and I have two here that quote you. How is that not engaging?

And I have to also be aware that in the past I have gotten labeled as both a Pollyanna and not being kind to people that are very negative about Democrats and the current political scene.

Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:41:19pm

re: #184 Skip Intro

I’m hoping that 2016 will be an object lesson in what happens when you DON’T show up, or think it makes no difference. The one thing I’m really not hearing these days is, “Yes, but Clinton would have been as bad.”

Renaissance_Man  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:42:00pm

re: #177 Patricia Kayden

I saw the stats, but it didn’t say Republicans had shrank. In fact, the percentage of Republicans was exactly the same.

delilah  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:42:21pm

re: #184 Skip Intro

Well, that and gerrymandering.

Anymouse 🌹  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:44:25pm

re: #176 garzooma

No actually, please provide links. Fox News doesn’t count.

I’ll just go with one angle here. Nazis.

nytimes.com
(The New York Times’s original “the Nazi next door is just like you” article, including Holocaust denial, liberals won’t get along with us, &c)

nytimes.com
(The same author a couple days later, musing on his article above, talking about why interviewing Nazis and their views uncritically is “good journalism”)

nytimes.com
(Opinion: Was Our Profile of a Nazi Sympathizer Too Sympathetic? … lambasting letters to the NYT complaining about them normalising the schmuck shopping at Target and mowing his lawn)

Have you seen any coverage in a major media outlet of a Clinton voter? Any? I sure haven’t. But Nazis get days of coverage in the so-called “paper of record.”

Anymouse 🌹  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:50:59pm

I missed the last one above:

nytimes.com

(Readers Accuse Us of Normalizing a Nazi Sympathizer, We Respond)

where they regret offending their readers while they normalised Nazis more in the article.

As always, we want to continue hearing from our readers. Please share your thoughts in the comments. We will be reading them.

But they won’t pay attention to their readers.

The Vicious Babushka  Jun 5, 2018 • 4:55:55pm

re: #184 Skip Intro

The Very Reverend Battleaxe of Knowledge  Jun 5, 2018 • 5:02:08pm

re: #170 Hecuba’s daughter

They really need to break this down further in their statistics. Instead of “White Voters” we need “White Voters Inside/Outside the Former C.S.A.”. I think that would give us a much clearer picture.

Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 5, 2018 • 5:05:13pm

re: #193 The Very Reverend Battleaxe of Knowledge

Funny thing, though - Look at West Virginia, which broke off from Virginia specifically over slavery and secession. Now Virginia has turned blue and WV deep, deep red.

The Very Reverend Battleaxe of Knowledge  Jun 5, 2018 • 5:13:34pm

re: #194 Blind Frog Belly White

Oh, I know it’s not as simple as that. You’ve got Indiana and Missouri and Kansas, and Nebraska—a state founded in opposition to slavery, FFS! But I think the “Outside the C.S.A.” vote as a whole would look considerably less embarrassing.

Kilroy was here  Jun 5, 2018 • 5:49:18pm

re: #53 gocart mozart

Better version below

Video

It all makes sense now…
garzooma  Jun 5, 2018 • 5:53:59pm

re: #186 ObserverArt

I was referring to the Corn and Tomasky articles. If I missed your comments on them, I apologize. There are a lot of comments.

Leaving that aside — as I understand it, you’re agreeing with them that the Democrats, with a handful of exceptions, simply aren’t addressing the scandal. But you think because of the media, there’s just no way that they could. I find a lot wrong with this argument, but let me focus on one: I believe that the arrow of causation goes a lot stronger in the other direction. The notion that the media prevents Democrats from talking about it has two problems: 1.) the handful of Democrats who bring it up don’t seem to have anything bad happen to them, and 2.) we don’t really know how the media would treat Democrats focusing on the scandals, since they don’t do it.

I think a much stronger case can be made that the Democrats not focusing on the scandal is driving the media to do the same. The media needs to be seen as non-partisan, so they aren’t going to make the points themselves. The easiest thing for them to do is quote Democrats making the points, which they can’t do if the Democrats simply aren’t making the points.

Let me give another illustration that has gotten under my skin. I saw another Daily Beast article on Jon Stewart’s latest endeavor, a stand-up gig where he states “Let’s be honest with ourselves. We don’t really give a fuck about Russia.” For “Jon Stewart”, substitute “the media”. They aren’t going to give a f*ck about Russia if the Democrats, the proximate victims, don’t seem to give a f*ck about Russia.

So again, it’s not just me. Corn and Tomasky are reporting that the Democrats don’t seem to give a f*ck about Russia, and Stewart is stating it in so many words — to a Democrat-leaning audience that doesn’t seem to have a problem with it. I don’t see how you can expect the media not to be affected by this.

Eventual Carrion  Jun 6, 2018 • 7:28:14am

re: #59 Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel

DeVos Demands Taxpayer Money For Religious Schools

So churches should pay taxes? Ok.

Trump’s Nixon-Style Enemies List So many Parallels - how much longer will the public put up with this? Reacting to The New York Times’ story that White House Counsel Don McGahn has been speaking with Robert Mueller’s team, President Donald Trump tweeted out ...
Calexico - End of the World With You (Live on KEXP) kexp.org presents Calexico performing "End Of The World With You" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded June 19, 2018. Host: MorganAudio Engineers: Martin H. Gonzalez & Julian MartlewCameras: Jim Beckmann, Alaia D'Alessandro, Scott Holpainen & Justin WilmoreEditor: Jim Beckmann ...
LSD - Thunderclouds (Official Audio) Ft. Sia, Diplo, Labrinth Labrinth, Sia & Diplo present LSD - Thunderclouds (Official Audio) Stream "Thunderclouds" now: smarturl.itSpotify: smarturl.itiTunes: smarturl.itApple Music: smarturl.itAmazon Music: smarturl.it Learn more about LSD and sign up for the official mailing list: droppinglsd.com Lyrics: All I need is oneOne ...
Half•alive - Still Feel. [Music VIDEO] half•alive’s music video for ‘still feel.’ Save on Spotify : spoti.fi Apple Music : apple.coSoundcloud : SoundCloud find half•alive on… Instagram: instagr.amTwitter: @halfalivecoSpotify: spoti.fiSoundcloud: SoundCloudSite: halfalive.co Directed / Edited / Colored by : Josh TaylorDirector of Photography : Ryan ...
Bands and Artists I LoveSuperorganism. Your text to link...
The Artist Formerly Known as Irenicum
1 week, 1 day ago
Dave Grohl - Play (Official Video) PLAY more at play.roswellfilms.com Pre-order limited edition vinyl bundles and stream the song: smarturl.it “PLAY” by Dave Grohl celebrates the rewards and challenges of dedicating one’s life to playing and mastering a musical instrument. Part one opens with narrated ...
The Seshen - Distant Heart (Live on KEXP) kexp.org presents The Seshen performing "Distant Heart" live at The Little London Plane during Upstream Music Fest. Recorded June 1, 2018. Host: Kevin ColeAudio Engineer: Kevin SuggsCameras: Jim Beckmann, Alaia D'Alessandro & Justin WilmoreDirector: Scott HolpainenEditor: Alaia D'Alessandro kexp.orgtheseshen.comupstreammusicfest.com ...
2 weeks ago
Views: 1,004 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Retrograde PresidentProfit at any cost. American dream. President Trump. Blind destruction. BBC News: The Trump administration has overturned bans on the use of pesticides linked to declining bee populations and the cultivation of genetically modified crops in US national wildlife refuges. ...
Dom
2 weeks, 2 days ago
David Crosby and Jason Isbell ‘Ohio’----Newport
2 weeks, 2 days ago
Views: 1,154 • Comments: 1 • Rating: 3
Activist Publishes 11,000 Private DMs Between Wikileaks and Its Supporters The DMs concern a particular group chat between the official Wikileaks account and several supporters. In the chat—dubbed “Wikileaks +10” due to number of participants—Wikileaks would coordinate smear campaigns against the group’s rivals, including journalists, according to the DMs. ...
2 weeks, 6 days ago