Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 11:44:13am
Eclectic Cyborg  Mar 6, 2019 • 11:45:15am

Works for me. The sooner she drops out, the better.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 11:47:09am

JFC, she’s evil

jaunte  Mar 6, 2019 • 11:48:26am

“to my knowledge”
Covers a huge array of abuses.

The Vicious Babushka  Mar 6, 2019 • 11:49:32am
Belafon  Mar 6, 2019 • 11:50:30am

JFC, she’s evil

Yeah, we know that’s not true.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 11:51:11am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 11:53:49am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 11:55:28am
Blind Frog Belly White  Mar 6, 2019 • 11:58:07am

Dory has a squeaky toy that keeps reminding me of this scene from “Who Framed Roger Rabbit?”

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 11:58:33am

O_o

Man, DangerMan  Mar 6, 2019 • 11:58:46am

“to my knowledge”
Covers a huge array of abuses.

also means she’s not in control of her agency

lawhawk  Mar 6, 2019 • 11:59:58am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:00:09pm
lawhawk  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:00:56pm

Dumbass Trump was warned North Korea wasn’t cooperating and was playing games with Trump. They were playing Trump knowing that they could restart and reactivate the test facility rather quickly. And yeah, that’s exactly what they’ve done.

gwangung  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:02:42pm

From the last page….

re: #360 Semper Fi

I’m sure they go by the training manual. The public needs to see that training manual. I wonder when that will happen.

There have been investigation of at least one major police trainer, and they’ve shown his methods are not based in objective, methodological evidence; they’re not based in any studies at all.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:04:00pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:07:00pm
Blind Frog Belly White  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:09:52pm
Belafon  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:10:20pm

We’ve been saying since he won that he was just hoping to be the loser. It’s not our fault he even fails at failing.

KGxvi  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:10:36pm

re: #13 lawhawk

From the article:

McSally said to witnesses present, “So like you, I am also a military sexual assault survivor,” but she says she did not report and did not trust the system to do so. Welling up with emotion, McSally said she almost left the Air Force over her despair.

“Like many victims, I felt the system was raping me all over again. But I didn’t quit, I decided to stay,” she said after taking a pause to gather herself.

That is incredibly fucked up on so many levels that I can’t even begin to contemplate.

Scottish Dragon  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:11:19pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:12:17pm

re: #21 KGxvi

From the article:

that’s how it generally is for most women, and not just those in the military

Scottish Dragon  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:14:31pm
KGxvi  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:14:39pm

re: #22 Scottish Dragon

Full disclosure: I’m a second degree black belt in karate but haven’t actively trained in a very, very long time.

I’ll take a well trained female fighter over the average guy (regardless of weight classes) any day of the week and twice on Sundays. But if they’re both well/evenly trained, the guy is going to have the advantage even within weight classes.

lawhawk  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:16:42pm

re: #21 KGxvi

From the article:

See also Fox, NBC, Weinstein Cos., Congress, state legislatures, etc.,

Powerful men (and most, but not all, white) who think that they can abuse women without consequence, and build the misogyny in the system.

Yeah, there’s institutional racism. There’s also institutional misogyny that allows sex assaults to continue and makes the burdens on reporting so difficult that the women often suffer in silence than deal with the harsh repercussions of coming forward to get accountability from those who attack them.

Scottish Dragon  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:18:48pm

re: #25 KGxvi

That is what I appreciated about how the long fight scene in Atomic Blonde was laid out. She is trained, and so are the male antagonists. She avoids getting into protracted slug matches where upper body strength works against her and she uses her legs, lower body (and things like hot plates, part of a disassembled SVD sniper rifle, a corkscrew etc) and when she gets a guy down, she tries to move on with her mission and escape.

Also, the movie is not shy about showing just how much damage she takes.

Eclectic Cyborg  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:19:30pm

re: #25 KGxvi

May I ask why you stopped training?

Belafon  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:22:06pm

re: #27 Scottish Dragon

Also, the movie is not shy about showing just how much damage she takes.

And it also has a scene where she doesn’t escape, and would have been in trouble had the guy wanted to kill her.

KGxvi  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:23:41pm

re: #28 Eclectic Cyborg

May I ask why you stopped training?

Mostly because I graduated high school and went to college. Though I did briefly start again after college. Additionally the organization I trained with grew to about 30 dojos while I was training (age 7-18) and shortly after ended up breaking up (as I got older and learned about/saw the internal political bullshit going on, I became disenchanted).

I’ve thought about training again from time to time, in a different style (most often I’ve considered judo), but other aspects of life keep getting in the way.

Skip Intro  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:24:30pm

re: #21 KGxvi

Yet she’s a Republican whose party condones that behavior. Makes no sense at all to me.

Scottish Dragon  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:25:39pm

The movie did a lot right that 80’s action movies did completely wrong about how a trained woman would fight in real life against a determined opponent. Standing and trading punches is not recommended. Getting his knife and stabbing four times in rapid succession is far better….then kicking him down the stairs.

goddamnedfrank  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:25:40pm

Ugh

Blind Frog Belly White  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:26:07pm

re: #25 KGxvi

Yeah, but I’ll take the woman with superpowers over the well-trained guy.

Scottish Dragon  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:27:13pm

re: #34 Blind Frog Belly White

Yeah, but I’ll take the woman with superpowers over the well-trained guy.

Not sure I want to be modified with Kree biology tho…

gwangung  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:27:38pm

re: #34 Blind Frog Belly White

Yeah, but I’ll take the woman with superpowers over the well-trained guy.

Particularly the one with point and shoot powers that work from a distance.

Blind Frog Belly White  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:30:19pm

re: #33 goddamnedfrank

Ugh

I’ve always wondered what this “I don’t agree with their lifestyle” shit came from. Who are they to have an opinion about somebody else’s lifestyle? And why do they care? I mean, how about if I said, “I don’t agree with your lifestyle. I don’t believe you should be allowed to indoctrinate your children with your peculiar superstitions”?

jaunte  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:34:55pm

re: #37 Blind Frog Belly White

“I don’t agree with the busybody, nosey parker, authoritarian lifestyle”

Blind Frog Belly White  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:35:16pm

“I don’t agree with the busybody, nosey parker, authoritarian lifestyle”

Exactly.

KGxvi  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:36:52pm

re: #36 gwangung

Particularly the one with point and shoot powers that work from a distance.

One of my regular “I wonder…” ideas that I usually come back to is “I wonder what the best super powers to have would be.”

I go back and forth between Wolverine style healing powers (effective eternal youth is pretty fucking cool), and telekinesis (not only can you fly, you can fight people without lifting a finger).

Blind Frog Belly White  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:37:56pm

re: #36 gwangung

Particularly the one with point and shoot powers that work from a distance.

Point and shoot from a distance powers are a big advantage…

YouTube

KGxvi  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:39:13pm

re: #37 Blind Frog Belly White

“I don’t agree with their lifestyle” is basically a formerly politically correct way of saying “they’re going to hell but it’s not my business”.

plansbandc  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:44:20pm

re: #37 Blind Frog Belly White

I’ve ranted this rant more than a few times. Don’t agree with my lifestyle? I don’t agree with your bullshit judgments. Pay attention to your own life, not mine.

lawhawk  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:47:33pm

Trump and Pence are both trying to make hay of Rep. Omar’s comments, and the Democratic party response in the House, as though everything Trump, Scalise, King, and other GOPers can go down the memory hole?

I don’t think so.

At least it shouldn’t. If you’re demanding action on Rep. Omar, then you better demand it of Trump, Scalise, and King, who all engaged with white supremacists, and goddamned Nazis. Trump equated the white supremacists and KKK and goddamned Nazis with the people protesting them.

All during the campaign Trump quote tweeted white supremacists, who make a habit of going after Jews and minorities. Junior, who is involved in Trump reelection efforts, has repeatedly done the same.

It’s a family thing.

MsJ  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:47:47pm

re: #42 KGxvi

But I’m going to damn we’ll make it my business anyway.

Bless their hearts.

Citizen K  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:50:28pm

re: #44 lawhawk

I don’t think so.

It’s a family thing.

I would not be surprised if Rep. Omar ends up getting chased from Congress over this, while Scalise, King, et. al. get to remain and thrive because Nothing Fucking Matters(tm).

jaunte  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:51:47pm
Pence said he took issue with “the fact that many in the media are spending more time criticizing how the president addressed the issue yesterday.”

“Many in the media spent an awful lot of time focusing on what the president said and criticisms of what the president said instead of criticizing those who brought that hatred and violence to the streets of Charlottesville, Virginia,” Pence said.

Asked whether Trump should have identified white supremacists specifically as a subject of his comments, Pence said: “I think the president yesterday spoke to a national moment, words the American people needed to hear — that we condemn acts of violence, acts of hatred.”
nbcnews.com

Pence is a worthless toady.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:52:03pm

re: #46 Citizen K

They have every chance of pulling a Franken on her, yes.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:53:30pm

re: #46 Citizen K

re: #48 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

I believe she’s made of a lot tougher stuff than people are willing to give her credit.

NO SMOCKING GUN!  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:54:13pm

re: #37 Blind Frog Belly White

Some rightwingers are in a big tizzy about a 13 year old trans boy in Canada getting court ordered hormone treatment over his parents’ objections.

Belafon  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:54:42pm

re: #44 lawhawk

From the previous thread:

re: #305 Eclectic Cyborg

Fox News Headline:

Dem leaders slam brakes on Omar rebuke, blame Trump for bigotry instead

Fox News story:

House Democratic leaders, after delaying a vote on a resolution condemning anti-Semitism, are trying to steer discussion away from the controversial comments by Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar that started the debate and instead focus on the “rise in hate” in the United States — and President Trump’s role.

Asked by reporters Wednesday about the resolution and whether Omar should lose her seat on the House Foreign Affairs Committee because of repeated comments viewed as anti-Semitic, Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, the chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, pivoted to Trump.

“We are committed to decisively condemning anti-Semitism, racism, white supremacy, Islamophobia, homophobia, and the rise in hate that has taken place in this country - perhaps coincidentally - over the last two years, since January of 2017,” Jeffries said.

He also ripped into Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell for suggesting there is a rise in controversial remarks among House Democratic freshmen like Omar, accusing Trump of “hateful” comments.

“When has he ever said anything about the hateful remarks that continue to flow out of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue?” Jeffries said of McConnell. “When has he ever said anything about that?”

He added: “Let me just generally say: there’s not a rise of anti-Semitism in the House of Representatives. There’s a rise of anti-Semitic behavior and activity and violence in the country.”

But the resolution condemning anti-Semitism originated after Omar - for at least the second time in recent months - ignited an uproar for echoing anti-Semitic tropes.

P.S. You really don’t want to look at the comments on this one.

It seems that Democrats have decided going down that road may not be the best one.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:55:45pm

I hope so, and I undersand her point of view.

Unfortunately, she has the Democratic Party on her side…

But she made an utterance which, taken out of context, can be used to besmirch her. I believe it was described as “echoing a trope”. And the masters of blatant dogwhistling took her to task over it

That’s all it takes these days.

And we know what happens when the GOP pulls its dirty tricks, they often start to panic and start tossing people under the bus.

Let us hope that they decide to stand firm on this one.

NO SMOCKING GUN!  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:57:38pm

re: #46 Citizen K

She won’t; if a Democratic House isn’t going to oust Steve King, they aren’t going to oust her. Of course they obviously want King to be the GOP nominee in that district next year; he gives the Democrats their best chance of winning that district.

Dread Pirate Whitebeard  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:58:22pm
gocart mozart  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:58:26pm
goddamnedfrank  Mar 6, 2019 • 12:59:43pm

re: #40 KGxvi

Teleportation a la Blink is definitely the right answer, you can go wherever you want and are an instant massive force multiplier.

Blind Frog Belly White  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:00:23pm

The eruption of the caucus in response to the kneejerk criticism of Rep. Omar is heartening.

Eclectic Cyborg  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:02:16pm

Democrats getting painted as Anti-semitic doesn’t help anyone. Not that I think Rep. Omar should resign or anything.

I just hate that this whole mess is distracting from other more important things.

ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:04:37pm

re: #24 Scottish Dragon

I’m fascinated with the way the little pot hit the floor and rolled perfectly to make that circle out of the soil.

By the way, I just finished up the last thread and saw the bit about Tom Perez deciding to drop FOX News from holding any debates.

I read some other articles and it sounds to me Perez knows all about FOX, but was only trying to expand outlets for his candidates to reach audiences normally not paying attention to Democrats.

I don’t think that is a bad thing, but obviously some think there was no way he should have even considered it.

It’s politics. You have to try to reach everyone. And what is bad about showing some FOX viewers our candidates aren’t as crazy and hateful as Republicans, especially the fat ass they will be going up against?

You know this will be spun by FOX News and others as the Democrats being scared to be on FOX. Fuck that shit.

I have no problem with compare and contrast. Also, I don’t want to see an us and them type of drawing up sides. Yes, I know they exist, but you don’t have to feed it. I prefer them but not us thinking.

If you want to show people you can take on the Republicans in their house I think it is a good thing.

Perez was willing to listen. He said no and explained why. It’s done, why beat him up for doing his job.

Kilroy was here  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:05:00pm

Judge blocks Trump administration from adding citizenship question to 2020 census
thehill.com

“Secretary Ross’s reliance on [Voting Rights Act] enforcement to justify inclusion of the citizenship question was mere pretext and the definition of an arbitrary and capricious governmental act,” Seeborg wrote in his ruling.

This won’t make Orange Julius Caesar happy..

Jay C  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:06:50pm

re: #58 Eclectic Cyborg

I hate it too: mainly because “distraction” seems to be the main purpose of the whole stupid flap.

Belafon  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:07:19pm

re: #58 Eclectic Cyborg

I get disheartened that people think that there’s a way she could represent her constituents that wouldn’t be interpreted as anti-something. She was chosen for who she is, and that’s who she had better be. I’ve seen nothing from her that would be construed as hostile towards anyone but know-nothings. I see too many people that think she could somehow not be a distraction when her very existence in Congress is an affront to one of the two major political parties and the people they represent.

Brother Holy Cruise Missile of Mild Acceptance  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:11:00pm

I’m gonna say it. I don’t think any of what Omar said is anti-semitic. Her dual loyalty thing? That could apply to Trump’s relationships with Russia and Saudi Arabia just as much as Israel. From my point of view antisemitism is the club brought out by the AIPAC and Netanyahu any time there is any criticism of Israel and it’s policies. It seems to me it’s just a shield to hide behind and by being used as such has obscured real antisemitism.

NO SMOCKING GUN!  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:12:16pm

re: #58 Eclectic Cyborg

That is how we roll. Notice how nothing Trump does last longer in the news cycle than a day as we digest one scandal after another.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:12:36pm

re: #63 Brother Holy Cruise Missile of Mild Acceptance

There are a lot of equivalencies floating around out there, including

anti-Israel = anti-Semitic

for that, we also see people who insist

Jewish = Zionist

and those are the “tropes” that have her up on the ropes

Citizen K  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:15:03pm

re: #64 NO SMOCKING GUN!

The problem isn’t that we go through so many scandals. It’s that the media continually gets to pick and choose which scandals are more ‘serious’ and thus warrant more extended and aggressive coverage. And surprise, surprise, those almost always end up being the ‘scandals’ that Democrats are at the center of. Meanwhile, legitimate blockbusters and crises that involve Trump get brushed off like so much dirt off their shoulders after a mere day or two.

jaunte  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:15:22pm

re: #65 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

While Evangelical end-times fantasies of the Jews converting or being destroyed are not called out by conservatives as antisemitic for some strange reason.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:16:42pm

this whole uproar about Rep Omar’s comments is reminding me so very much of the brouhaha over Rev. Wright

sagehen  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:17:10pm

re: #40 KGxvi

If I got to choose my superpower, I’d go with teleportation.

In regular day-to-day life, I’d avoid long commutes, TSA, etc. And in life-threatening situations… I’d just suddenly be elsewhere.

NO SMOCKING GUN!  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:17:36pm
Charles Johnson  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:19:57pm
Belafon  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:20:30pm

re: #69 sagehen

If I got to choose my superpower, I’d go with teleportation.

Choosing from the Marvel characters, I always wanted to be Forge, with the ability to build anything I could think of.

Belafon  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:21:16pm

re: #70 NO SMOCKING GUN!

With a rational government, that would indicate to you that your country doesn’t like what you’re doing.

wrenchwench  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:21:30pm

re: #66 Citizen K

It’s almost like those media are produced by rich people, for rich people….

The Vicious Babushka  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:21:34pm
mmmirele  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:22:19pm

As I like to say, and frequently do, “Israel must exist so Jesus can return” is a horrible foreign policy (the many implications are astonishing) . It seems to be our current policy vis a vis Israel.

makeitstop  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:24:45pm

re: #55 gocart mozart

My dog, that was horrible.

Dread Pirate Whitebeard  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:27:51pm
Dread Pirate Whitebeard  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:46:39pm
KGxvi  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:46:49pm

re: #60 Kilroy was here

A finding of “arbitrary and capricious” is one of those “well, fuck” moments for lawyers. When an administrative ruling is reviewed under arbitrary and capricious it basically means the judge found that there was no rational connection between the facts and the agency’s conclusions/actions. As the article quotes the judge:

“Moreover, Secretary Ross’s conclusion that adding the citizenship question would enable the Census Bureau to obtain more ‘complete and accurate data’ in response to the [Justice Department’s] request is not only unsupported, it is directly contradicted by the scientific analysis contained in the Administrative Record,” Seeborg continued.

Also, it’s a 126 page decision. Damn.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:49:53pm

moron can TAKE A FUCKING SEAT

Man, DangerMan  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:50:06pm

re: #80 KGxvi

Also, it’s a 126 page decision. Damn.

i’d like to see an opinion re the “national emergency”:

1. Arbitrary and capricious.

2. Don’t bother appealing.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:51:37pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:52:51pm
Eclectic Cyborg  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:56:01pm

moron can TAKE A FUCKING SEAT

- This is the same jackass who went after a Gold Star Family because they had a “funny name”

- This is the same jackass who said he liked “guys in yarmulkes” counting his money.

- This is the same jackass who called the Charlottesville White Supremacists “Very fine people”

- This is the same jackass who referred to a TV host as “Shifty eyes”

- This is the same jackass who mocked a disabled reporter on national TV

- This is the same jackass…fuck it, I think the point is made.

jaunte  Mar 6, 2019 • 1:59:07pm
ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:00:53pm

re: #64 NO SMOCKING GUN!

I’m getting real sick of this shit.

I have a simple fix.

Tell the Republicans to fuck off.

Fix your own millions of issues starting with you allowing Trump to do all he is doing while you act like he is doing nothing wrong.

Well take care of ours when we see there is a REAL need.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:01:16pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:02:18pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:05:10pm

pretty much…

ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:08:29pm

pretty much…

She is pissed off big time. Her hand was shaking she is so pissed. Good. Nielsen is evil.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:09:54pm

who are the ManU fans here?

NO SMOCKING GUN!  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:13:26pm

who are the ManU fans here?

I was as a kid in England.

GlutenFreeJesus  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:14:35pm

jaunte  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:19:10pm
nines09  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:20:27pm

Afternoon…
NSFW
OT Hump Day, Fat Tuesday Slim Wednesday wake up and check the fuck out.
Prayers come in many forms.

Devil Doll - Lord’s Prayer

Man, DangerMan  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:22:01pm

re: #91 ObserverArt

it’s called oversight
it exposes bad behavior, law breaking, and general mismanagement to the light of day

they call ‘harassment’

jaunte  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:23:06pm
jaunte  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:24:08pm

Hell is the inside of Jon McNaughton’s mind.

NO SMOCKING GUN!  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:25:08pm

Democrats in disarray. The media can’t get enough of these kind of stories.

A hollow voice says, Collusion!  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:26:21pm

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

The Vicious Babushka  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:28:14pm

jaunte  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:29:49pm

re: #102 The Vicious Babushka

“Shadowy hordes of brown people advance, threateningly, in the near distance.”

can't think of a decent username  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:32:13pm

Oof. :(

Eric The Fruit Bat  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:33:07pm

re: #101 A hollow voice says, Collusion!

ZrwpyISVsFJdbETaKh8jtY7mM3z4hmKuAJrSSTs2t0bWr3rvwqC048F9FObelopAxCRVkJ6/P9q3qVmSrSu7WK6O5upfL/IMuLm7YkI4J2MM+jUPqnZL336ajrCO1zSIv4PpPtQiK/CNWOrlxkU/tF/NMMBLqWkEL8R0eILJum4rc+hZ28UfMtI+he/cTxemGYxeK5z/ls7EGHdqdwzx7X2tIbl5LslNCtJBgvaj4JLSSBXzy4wNDMbq0hBHTW9C+/ZqYeMFjtT7bUL+nLqrTRGkTr4bPKdR/TF842FV22o8tW9WwW+YCcxiiXo+Osh46jRIEbAKXKS65IMb5Ac1TIrVLlov/Iu11n/ShZHME86/GsYxAiE5NEaYVhFCqbFZKlRAondvK4fQtvDpYrgy1wpdTQiKSkSX7q6GeJkwwajdt1ENyR9JCgpyCR41VgEYMBCqHSlEehREMeJwNnXldK/smThCKDbPyTGtNFn2rgeRx5PQ4fFcP5o585j+MBXyEGC6aRYPaT1dnhoCruTwfSUzHc3Ro4d1hEKRgM3mh2wWl69uX9pgAcGQAS0Juppz/FScySp87BlWewod20RilJ6bJLvJpZPnevuJepuWTZg465xZzm7fMQ==

William Lewis  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:33:46pm

Say thank you to Trump and his infantile tariff policies.

A hollow voice says, Collusion!  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:34:32pm

re: #100 NO SMOCKING GUN!

Democrats in disarray. The media can’t get enough of these kind of stories.

If you subtract the histrionics, the Repugs said, “Bad, bad, bad! Sanction! Sanction! Sanction!” And the Dems looked at it and sai, “Naw.” Which is okay with my (although I still hope Rep Omar can learn which words are triggers by some means other than tripping over them).

If any Repug says something about bad Democrats to you, just say, Luke 6:42. They’re all good Christians, you won’t need to say more.

And I’m Marie of Romania.

gwangung  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:36:55pm

re: #104 can’t think of a decent username

Oof. :(

Fuck cancer. Fuck pancreatic cancer in particular.

jaunte  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:37:22pm
Scottish Dragon  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:38:15pm

“to my knowledge”
Covers a huge array of abuses bruises.

That too.

Eric The Fruit Bat  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:38:20pm

re: #104 can’t think of a decent username

No kidding-Stage IV cancer of the pancreas.

Jay C  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:38:22pm

I notice McNaughton has included Maxine Waters at the back holding that “foreign” flag of the State of California. What a hack. And WTF is with that doll on the ground? A weird hack, too…

Scottish Dragon  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:38:59pm
jaunte  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:39:01pm

re: #112 Jay C

Could be Ivanka.

A hollow voice says, Collusion!  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:39:31pm

re: #105 Eric The Fruit Bat

wZ1BEKgHV3LXeG/j83rJAI+ebRDWyj/RGQO5pjOg7+Ido06rfNdHlh2hHrPn0QKXk1p9CjA9GRd3K4LQPG2uSo4OvHIi/KkWcgB5FhoBKt8GjOw3UaCGIxNzJRMYwysmOB7CmZOCDZIm/Jcq3fSr+iCu6XBI9aCQvpKw/nxYOlEHD9oZhE3sI7kgLYS0S97oauGBp0YlIdZ1Wi67rq3oPmP7AQ7uUOQKjCKj4cEcrZuCDVqeoMqIkW+iA5zbdo2H147pmtjBx6kkbqiSOL3lTZGEKQpOrc+1tj6GAyL+cKK3uVozlVDYAqdvzeM4fHaJ2jP0Tx1ksHNT/Mm6lTFS2wwZza6X/WOT56gBHdt5j5BuC/KhXxzknp8D0fMM2nMWs+jKWOU6nK4=

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:41:00pm

re: #112 Jay C

white babby…

Scottish Dragon  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:45:57pm
jaunte  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:48:07pm

re: #117 Scottish Dragon

LIke a Chinese propaganda poster if it was muddy of color and dead in composition.

mmmirele  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:49:19pm

re: #105 Eric The Fruit Bat

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

The Vicious Babushka  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:50:02pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:51:25pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:52:52pm
Hecuba's daughter  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:53:21pm

It actually reminds me of Hillary’s emails — where the press, instead of reporting daily on Trump’s many flaws and crimes, instead focused on Hillary’s one potential mistake. This allowed the public to be distracted from the candidate who was a true danger to our country. Women, especially minority women, are going to be the constant target of the patriarchy and the GOP. Anything to keep the American public from paying attention to the true villains.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:53:51pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 2:54:50pm
Jay C  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:01:11pm

Even leaving aside Jon McNaugton’s generally dark palette*, his crap still falls short of North Korean standards when it comes to color and light, IMO.Though to connoisseurs of agitprop art, Mussolini-era Italian stuff is still the gold standard. McNaughton has a long way to go…

* goes with the dark psyche, I guess

Belafon  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:07:40pm

re: #100 NO SMOCKING GUN!

Democrats in disarray. The media can’t get enough of these kind of stories.

And that’s where the leadership is dropping the ball. This didn’t start with an Omar tweet. This started with the right taking something she said at a conference out of context, and then Democrats thinking they could make a broad statement. I’m glad some of the Democrats are pushing back.

Scottish Dragon  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:09:24pm
The Vicious Babushka  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:10:54pm

re: #113 Scottish Dragon

The comments on McNaughton’s Tweet of his (f)artwork. I. Am. Ded.

De Kolta Chair  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:14:37pm

A cool album cover from 1957 I came across on the intertubes today

“[Ghanaian drummer Guy Warren] was so far ahead of what we were all doing that none of us understood what he was saying. He knew that in order for Afro-American music to be stronger, it must cross-fertilise with its African origins.” — Max Roach

Scottish Dragon  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:15:26pm
Patricia Kayden  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:17:44pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:19:24pm
Eclectic Cyborg  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:20:26pm

I’ve had similar concerns. Hopefully she, Tlaib and AOC have well organized security details.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:23:11pm

my shocked face is all worn out

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:25:23pm
retired cynic  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:28:41pm

From last thread:
re: #320 Blind Frog Belly White

About fucking time. Is there ANYONE who was surprised by the report?

No. And Terry Gross is going to be interviewing Jane Mayer for an hour on Fresh Air tomorrow afternoon!

A hollow voice says, Collusion!  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:33:54pm

re: #119 mmmirele

1olggzxvBL5c0iTcWhkiuP5u+xxhyI9hbGTwpb45KhIpwy56/J/5zlynMksmgd/Vn9tjVXqfWLC1WGn6JayZ1ZDb6j/9t1O6HhiOz4sXDE5O9H6nCC61XyTXY3NmfpOgZi6TeOXMiNj+na5z2IIP66sphYUkJjSDIXXlqG8e/YGQ1ZKBeVJXw740Jf7X6OPoxltJ0JXTk9+5F/9S8fzT+YQ+lzrwNudipeETxtOc807jUQkCtUsYqIXJQKPC7E0qCy9/CxkPeQliILD5dEIO/IE0mOdB+HJ+qxecn+BL4BE=

Eclectic Cyborg  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:35:16pm

“Best debate team in the business”

“Only the best people.”

“Very fine people”.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:36:03pm

re: #139 Eclectic Cyborg

“Best Debate team in the business”

“Only the best people.”

“Very fine people”.

and their audience includes “very persuadable voters”…

O_o

Eclectic Cyborg  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:36:35pm

and their audience includes “very persuadable voters”…

O_o

I just noticed that too. I mean, you might be able to persuade them WHICH Republican to vote for…

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:40:23pm

STOP ASKING HIM QUESTIONS!!11!!!

BeenHereAwhile  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:40:46pm

re: #40 KGxvi

And the stars my destination.

The Vicious Babushka  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:43:42pm
Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:44:18pm

re: #143 BeenHereAwhile

And the stars my destination.

+1 for the Alfie Bester reference.

Always loved those stories.

Personally, I always wanted my own spindizzy, so we could lift our entire farm up and go flying around the galaxy.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:46:20pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:47:37pm
The Vicious Babushka  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:50:08pm
Patricia Kayden  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:53:29pm

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 3:54:03pm
plansbandc  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:00:55pm

Arsenal here.

Scottish Dragon  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:05:04pm

So how screwed up is it that when I see this:

The first thing I think of is this:

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:08:29pm
The Vicious Babushka  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:08:57pm

JFC

Belafon  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:11:14pm

re: #144 The Vicious Babushka

Let’s see, Omar was called out for making a reference to Benjamin’s. And then, they party leadership tried to pass something condemning anti-semitism, just because some people wilfully misinterpreted here statement at a conference. There’s no both sides to this. Democrats tried to get the Governor and Lt. Governor to resign over something 30+ years ago.

KGxvi  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:15:30pm

my shocked face is all worn out

At this point, I’ve just replaced my shocked face with my Resting A-hole Face (which is basically the male equivalent to Resting Bitch Face)

KGxvi  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:16:49pm

re: #154 The Vicious Babushka

“The Radical Left Democrats?”

So, um, he’s announcing already that he’s too scared to debate the Democratic nominee?

KGxvi  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:18:26pm

re: #154 The Vicious Babushka

heh, someone in response to that tweet posted a meme that was a picture of Trump with “name one person more qualified to lead this country, I’ll wait” and the first response was *hands you phone book*

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:20:07pm

Evening Lizardim.

The Vicious Babushka  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:24:54pm

re: #158 KGxvi

There are still phone books?

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:25:13pm

re: #160 The Vicious Babushka

There are still phone books?

I actually do still get one stuffed into my mailbox every year!

HappyWarrior  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:25:54pm

re: #154 The Vicious Babushka

JFC

Go ahead, you’ll look like a chicken. Thanks for telegraphing dumbass.

HappyWarrior  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:27:11pm

Liking her leadership on this.

Belafon  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:27:55pm

re: #160 The Vicious Babushka

There are still phone books?

They still issue them here in the DFW area. We dutifully replace the old one with the new one, but that’s about the only time we touch it.

The Vicious Babushka  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:34:53pm
Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:35:28pm

Another one bites the dust …

Cowboy-hat wearing rage junkie David Clarke has been banned from Fox, because he’s apparently too batshit even for them:

…the sheriff senses a left-wing conspiracy at play. “It may have had something to do with the very liberal Rupert Murdoch boy taking over after Roger Ailes and Bill Shine, who was in charge of programming, were let go. Ailes and Bill Shine liked the sheriff,” Clarke’s rep wrote.

“His rhetoric became crazier and crazier and most shows refused to use him,” one Fox source familiar with the situation told The Daily Beast.

Like Trump, he loved playing dress-up and getting to feel important. Hated actually doing the job.

And now comes the sad, slow sinking into the bottomless tarpit of irrelevance. Look for Clarke to start showing up at 3rd-tier “conservative” events. Ones starring increasing fat & faded stars of the “movement” along with pudgy, pale-white survivalists who want to pose for photos with their One Black Friend.

Eventually, he’ll be hawking his own survivalist camp somewhere in the Upper Peninsula, where Real Men will subsist on a diet of deer meat and frustrated sexual rage.

lawhawk  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:36:16pm

re: #154 The Vicious Babushka

Moron doesn’t know/care that the Debate Commission holds the debates, and they are broadcast on all the networks with the same feed.

ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:36:24pm

re: #154 The Vicious Babushka

JFC

He might be doing the Dems a favor if he doesn’t go on CNN, NBC, MSNBC and ABC.

Belafon  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:36:51pm

I know some of this is Trump’s fault, but even now, are American car companies so out of whack that they can’t keep a small car line?

Edited

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:37:27pm

re: #167 lawhawk

moron just doesn’t want to debate an intelligent person

Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:38:07pm

re: #157 KGxvi

“The Radical Left Democrats?”

Waiting for the snarky response from MSNBC: “We wouldn’t want to have to go through security to bring our cameras into your jail cell anyway, Donnie.”

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:38:17pm

oooooh…

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:39:14pm

I know some of this is Trump’s fault, but even now, are American car companies so out of what that they can’t keep a small car line?

It’s not that they can’t, it’s that they don’t want to. Their small cars compare unfavorably to foreign brands, and while they sell enough of them to keep them in compliance with CAFE standards, they have to run a razor-thin margin to make any money. As soon as the tightening noose of CAFE was backed down by the Trump EPA, they literally couldn’t shut the production lines down quickly enough.

The Vicious Babushka  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:39:53pm

moron just doesn’t want to debate an intelligent person

We already know his debate technique, it’s to clobber his opponents with his dumbness.

Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:39:54pm

It’s the profit margin. On small cars, paying assembly line workers U.S. wages makes the margin razor-thin.

Only on SUVs and pickups, where the hicks & hayseeds are willing to pay $60,000 for a $25,000 car, are there margins big enough to support a US-based factory.

wheat-dogg, raker of forests, master of steam  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:40:07pm

re: #104 can’t think of a decent username

Oof. :(

Oh man! I like Alex T. I only hope he listens to his MDs and doesn’t try some woo-woo alternative medicine crap like some others in the same condition.

bd (Emergency!)  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:41:30pm

re: #166 Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)

Another one bites the dust …

Cowboy-hat wearing rage junkie David Clarke has been banned from Fox, because he’s apparently to batshit even for them:

He is still grifting off the We’ll build the damn wall ourselves!!!
wingnut gofundme con for some reason

The following individuals serve on the on the advisory board, and construction, finance, and or audit committees, operations, administration, PR, Media and ongoing fundraising:

⭐ Law enforcement and immigration expert Sheriff David Clarke

gofundme.com

He’s down to taking money from the dumbest of the dumb….

lawhawk  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:41:58pm

Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:43:23pm

re: #176 wheat-dogg, raker of forests, master of steam

With pancreatic cancer, I don’t think it really matters what he tries.

Many years ago, I lived in Malibu. Ran into Michael Landon and got a photo taken with him - he put his arm around my neck and - WHOA! - his biceps were just pumped. I had forgotten the guy had been a star track athlete, and he had a real willingness to pump iron, to share time with his workout-star wife.

Nine months later, he was dead from pancreatic cancer, and weighed less than 90 lbs.

That shit killed my grampa before I was born. Took an uncle. Currently taking a friend.

Fuck cancer.

lawhawk  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:43:55pm

re: #175 Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)

Economy cars that are affordable have low profit margins.

Throw in all the bells and whistles, “butch” it up and make the same platform a SUV, and you get $10k premium.

Amory Blaine  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:44:32pm

“We’re going to have to find a solution that doesn’t include these people”

It’s Time to Admit That Many Americans Are Stupid

Old Liberal  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:44:46pm

re: #21 KGxvi

From the article:

There was a documentary around 2010 about the horrific abuse and further victimization if you report. I have always felt that the military uses its code of honor bullshit to hide behind. “We’re so honorable and professional this couldn’t possibly happen” bullshit.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:45:02pm

re: #179 Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)

With pancreatic cancer, I don’t think it really matters what he tries.

Fuck cancer.

Pancreatic cancer took one grandfather and my other grandmother (which, by the way, while a coincidence, spooked the ever-loving hell out of my primary physician). Fuck cancer, and fuck pancreatic cancer with a rusty spork.

Patricia Kayden  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:45:48pm
Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:46:09pm

re: #180 lawhawk

Economy cars that are affordable have low profit margins.

Yeah, the coachwork and a slightly stiffer suspension system really don’t add all that much to the price. Friend of mine is a former auto designer; told me that he still couldn’t believe that rich freaks paid $1,000,000 or more for a Ferrari/Lambo/Bugatti that - all in - he insisted cost only $75,000 to build.

Belafon  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:47:23pm

re: #173 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

How can that be remedied, though? Are we just stuck with US companies not being able to make cars unless the economy is good?

Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:49:46pm

re: #183 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

Yep. I had a cancer researcher try to explain to me why it was that the pancreas - an inoffensive little organ - is such a death sentence when it develops cancer. Something to do with how it’s centrally located and sends little death packets all over the body.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:50:01pm

Well, bringing CAFE back towards its maximum effect would be a start. For an economic solution, American economy cars have to find some way to distinguish themselves that justifies a price point higher than the Toyotas and Hondas. The problem is that American car makers are lazy; the easy money is in the luxurious “classic American” vehicles, and it’s easier to just focus on making those well instead of finding a way to make their economy cars stand out.

wheat-dogg, raker of forests, master of steam  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:51:03pm

re: #179 Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)

With pancreatic cancer, I don’t think it really matters what he tries.

Fuck cancer.

Word.

I am pleased to report that my former student here with leukemia got a bone marrow transplant, went through another stage of chemo, and is on the road to being her usual vivacious self. The alumni association of her university (where I used to work) staged a massive fundraising campaign to cover her medical expenses.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:51:20pm

re: #187 Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)

That’s part of it. Another part is that the symptoms are very general and set in late. By the time you figure out that something is wrong with you that isn’t age-related, the cancer is either metastasized or about to.

wheat-dogg, raker of forests, master of steam  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:53:07pm

re: #185 Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)

It’s the automotive equivalent of designer fashion labels on clothes and brand names on athletic shoes. You’re paying a premium for status and bling.

Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:53:11pm

Just got arsed to check, and on this page, I found this explanation:

Why does pancreatic cancer kill so quickly?

Pancreatic cancer is typically diagnosed at a late stage because it doesn’t cause symptoms until it’s too late. Weight loss, abdominal pain, jaundice [a yellowing of the skin due to toxic buildup in the liver]—those are the most common symptoms. They usually start after the tumor is a significant size. By then, chances are, it has metastasized [that is, spread to other parts of the body].

Apparently, its neighboring organ, the liver, is the one that gets taken over by the tumors. Friend of mine’s wife had pain in her stomach that she kept trying to ignore (tough upper midwestern farmgirl). By the time she went in for exploratory surgery, there were so many tumors in her liver that they couldn’t even count them all.

Doctors just sewed her up and told my friend to help her “make peace with her god.”

lawhawk  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:53:45pm

re: #183 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

Pancreatic cancer is scary as fuck since usually when you find it, it’s already at an advanced stage and there isn’t much to be done except palliative care.

Fuck cancer with a rusty pitchfork sideways.

ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:53:49pm

re: #166 Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)

Another one bites the dust …

Is the rage hot enough to cook the deer meat?

Bye Sheriff. Your time is up.

The Vicious Babushka  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:54:19pm

I don’t understand how anyone can look at this Belgian carnival float and vlaamsplain that it is not totally Anti-Semitic.

Scout  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:55:42pm

re: #151 plansbandc

Arsenal here.

The Toffees.

(Everton.)

Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:57:29pm

re: #193 lawhawk

Fuck cancer with a rusty pitchfork sideways.

Yeah, I live in fear of that shit. My mom’s side of the family is apparently particularly susceptible to pancreatic/liver cancer, because 8 of her cousins died from variations on that.

The liver cancer that then gets into the intestines and eventually grows as tumors in your brain and leaves you screaming in pain and unable to remember who you are can particularly fuck itself with a Ditch Witch.

I am convinced that the nuclear tests of the 1950s, where the fallout came down on their dairy farms, and the Cesium-131 got stuffed into their bones & organs had something to do with this generational scourge.

ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2019 • 4:58:11pm

Edited

America buys SUVs. That is the issue. Ford has already dropped many of their small cars for an almost all SUV line-up.

Watch what happens though when another economic mess leads to $5 a gallon gas. People will want those smaller cars and the Asian companies and VW will have them and kill in sales.

sagehen  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:00:19pm

John Kelly… said only “I’d prefer not to talk about that”

Which, to be fair is an entirely truthful answer.

Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:00:29pm

Hey! I just noted that I hit 7,000 Karma!

Almost at my 5-year anniversary as a registered commenter here. I migrated over from Sadly, No! and Firedoglake when they petered out because of the collapse of the Bush presidency.

I’d like to thank the academy …
ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:01:17pm

oooooh…

More activities of the innocent.

I thought Cohen was a nobody. What’s up Orange Don, are you worried about what Cohen had in all those materials that the FBI swept up?

lawhawk  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:03:02pm

re: #197 Khal Wimpo (the extinguisher of tiki torches)

I can imagine, as cancer has touched my family in more ways than I care to share.

wheat-dogg, raker of forests, master of steam  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:05:59pm

re: #198 ObserverArt

Watch what happens though when another economic mess leads to $5 a gallon gas. People will want those smaller cars and the Asian compnaies and VW will have them and kill in sales.

American manufacturers for the most part are in a cycle of their own making. They’ve encouraged car buyers to consider big, tough SUVs and pickups as the best cars to buy, while giving their own economy models short shrift. They’ve decided to let the imports take care of the small car market, while they handle the big bruiser-car market. Similar in a way to the situation leading up to the 1973 gas crisis, when just about every domestic car was a gas-guzzler and the only fuel-sippers were imports from Japan, Germany and France. Then, Americans suddenly discovered those imports were not only economical but better made and more reliable than the domestic models, even if they lacked certain creature comforts. Detroit basically handed a chunk of their market share to the imports for free. Just like they’re doing now.

ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:07:07pm

re: #191 wheat-dogg, raker of forests, master of steam

And the advertising, marketing and promotion costs to build that status and bling.

Sometimes in the real high end cars like a Ferrari or McLaren you also have a lot of design and engineering costs before production and the market isn’t that big. So, it is maximum profit so you can make more cars and keep the company going.

sagehen  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:11:11pm

re: #148 The Vicious Babushka

I believe most of us here are familiar with the expression “two Jews, three opinions”.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:15:14pm

re: #120 The Vicious Babushka

Is he trying to atone for one of the babies he killed in detention?

The Vicious Babushka  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:15:35pm

re: #206 sagehen

Are you familiar with the Hebrew term l’hakiss? להכעס It means “to get angry about something on purpose” IOW just to start a fight with someone.

lawhawk  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:16:14pm
The Vicious Babushka  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:16:28pm

re: #207 Joe Bacon 🌹

Is he trying to atone for one of the babies he killed in detention?

Trump has never atoned, regretted, or apologized for anything he has done in his life, ever.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:17:43pm

re: #210 The Vicious Babushka

TRUTH!

Ace Rothstein  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:27:32pm

re: #210 The Vicious Babushka

The Central Park Five know a lot about that.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:27:57pm

re: #208 The Vicious Babushka

Nowadays, the kids call it “trolling”.

wheat-dogg, raker of forests, master of steam  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:30:55pm

The theme song for our times!

I’ve No More F***s To Give!

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:35:35pm

re: #214 wheat-dogg, raker of forests, master of steam

The theme song for our times!

Literally me at 3:30 this afternoon.

ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:36:58pm

re: #215 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

Literally me at 3:30 this afternoon.

Still have your job?

: )

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:38:52pm

re: #216 ObserverArt

Still have your job?

: )

By some unholy miracle, yes. It’s not every day that a team goes into a meeting like my 1:00 and comes out the other side without a disciplinary action being handed out. I told my backup when I was on my way out the door, after he wished me a good night, “I probably will, but I probably won’t remember it.” He replied, “Either way, you’ll have a better night than you did a day.” That about sums it up.

plansbandc  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:43:26pm
Belafon  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:43:54pm

An interesting note about Eliot Engel, the Democratic Rep that was quick to condemn Omar: He was one of the few Democrats that opposed Obama’s deal with Iran.

ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:48:40pm

Music sounds like a great idea. Liven things up a bit. Maybe bring a smile to thedopefish.

Came across this recently by a new favorite Aaron Lee Tasjan.

And, I come to find Aaron Lee is a local talent. Grew up in New Albany which is just Northeast of Columbus and a ‘burb in the growing metro area. Had no clue. But glad to know now. Will look to see him.

This is fun.

Aaron Lee Tasjan “Streets of Galilee” Live at KDHX 1/27/14

Dread Pirate Whitebeard  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:50:12pm
plansbandc  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:50:26pm
Charles Johnson  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:52:14pm
Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:52:53pm

re: #220 ObserverArt

Thanks. I’m honestly doing OK. Today was rough, but I’m at peace now. And tomorrow will be better.

Semper Fi  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:54:30pm

Crimes against humanity…nothing less. Any attempt to call it anything else is a dam lie.

goddamnedfrank  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:54:58pm

People who do this are the worst.

Charles Johnson  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:55:42pm
Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Mar 6, 2019 • 5:59:05pm

God-Emperor Trump in his purest form.

Charles Johnson  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:00:13pm
Ace Rothstein  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:01:02pm

Young Mayacamas.

wheat-dogg, raker of forests, master of steam  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:01:47pm

I look at her and think of Cersei Lannister.

wheat-dogg, raker of forests, master of steam  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:03:19pm

Young Stir-fried Pork with Mushrooms

Belafon  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:03:25pm

Young Tea

goddamnedfrank  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:03:50pm

Young 550 Paracord

ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:03:58pm

re: #224 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

I don’t know if you listened to the tune, but him joking about Ted Nugent brought a smile to my face. That was a pretty good guitar rap.

wheat-dogg, raker of forests, master of steam  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:04:04pm

Going to office for to do some office working now. BBIAB

plansbandc  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:04:39pm

Young Scratcher.

Belafon  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:05:07pm

from balloon-juice.com

DodgerFan1988  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:06:17pm

“It’s Obummer’s fault I hate black people!”

plansbandc  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:06:24pm

I think they need to fire their marketing people.

Dave In Austin  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:07:26pm

Young Blood, Can’t get you out of my Mind!!

Belafon  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:08:41pm

The White House has issued an us-versus-them challenge to carmakers: back an administration plan to roll back fuel-economy standards or risk President Donald Trump’s wrath by siding with California’s stringent emissions requirements.

That message was delivered during a tense conference call between Trump administration officials and auto executives in late February, according to five people familiar with the call who spoke on the condition they not be identified discussing the private conversation…

The request has added to industry anxiety about getting caught in a conflict between Trump and the nation’s biggest auto market, the people said. The president is also reviewing the findings of a Commerce Department inquiry into whether imported cars and parts threaten national security, which automakers worry could provide the basis for new tariffs.

Dave In Austin  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:09:16pm

Does it come in a candle scent?

Charles Johnson  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:10:19pm
plansbandc  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:12:50pm

Help me understand why anyone would want cars to have weaker fuel economy.

ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:15:11pm

re: #245 plansbandc

Help me understand why anyone would want cars to have weaker fuel economy.

It is to sell gasoline. Thus move oil.

The Very Reverend Battleaxe of Knowledge  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:17:24pm

from balloon-juice.com

I thought I invented the concept of “Mayomust”. Of course, I was probably 7 years old and it was 1959….

plansbandc  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:17:34pm

re: #246 ObserverArt

But, but, we are running out of oil. Oh never mind. JFC I hate that bastard.

bd (Emergency!)  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:18:56pm

re: #245 plansbandc

Help me understand why anyone would want cars to have weaker fuel economy.

To own the libs somehow

ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:21:55pm

re: #249 bd (Emergency!)

To own the libs somehow

I think it could have more to do with Trump being owned by Saudi Arabia and others.

Targetpractice  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:22:18pm

re: #245 plansbandc

Help me understand why anyone would want cars to have weaker fuel economy.

Because big, manly men wants cars that have fuel mileage that can be measured with a thimble.

///////

The Vicious Babushka  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:22:18pm

Young Expedited Passport Renewal So We Can Go To Canada In 2 Weeks

The Very Reverend Battleaxe of Knowledge  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:24:00pm

re: #250 ObserverArt

I think it’s just to fuck with California in this particular instance, but the institutional framework pulls things in the same direction.

Targetpractice  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:25:18pm

re: #253 The Very Reverend Battleaxe of Knowledge

That likely has a lot to do with it, ideological obsession with opposing anything that California is for.

The Vicious Babushka  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:25:45pm
The Vicious Babushka  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:26:36pm

I did not know that Ivanka has a Purple Belt in Tae Condo

Amory Blaine  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:26:52pm

Young Aeron the II. (Bought second hand)

ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:28:05pm

re: #254 Targetpractice

I agree, but you can never rule out the actual con to make some bucks or pay off a debt with Trump can you? There is an economic angle or pay for a favor to everything he does. If he can fuck someone over to get even all the better.

Targetpractice  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:30:02pm

Better question for automakers: What exactly could Trump hit them with at this point that he hasn’t already? He’s hit them with tariffs, he’s made them less competitive on the foreign market, and now he’s demanding they make cars they can’t sell in one of the largest domestic markets. What is there to threaten them with now?

Sionainn, Warrior Mother  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:30:38pm

Young Rx.

plansbandc  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:31:07pm

I really really really miss having a President who gives a fuck about this country and its people.

A hollow voice says, Collusion!  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:32:54pm

re: #260 Sionainn, Warrior Mother

Young Rx.

Likewise.

The Vicious Babushka  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:33:57pm

These fucking dudes

stpaulbear  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:44:32pm

Young Apple Turnover.

Charles Johnson  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:46:44pm

re: #263 The Vicious Babushka

These fucking dudes

Not these idiots again.

William Lewis  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:49:48pm

Uh Oh, there he goes again… behind the button are theological ruminations for anyone who cares to remember that it’s Ash Wednesday.

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

stpaulbear  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:50:44pm

re: #245 plansbandc

Help me understand why anyone would want cars to have weaker fuel economy.

Wait ‘til he decrees that people must use a gas generator to charge their electric cars.

plansbandc  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:53:08pm

re: #266 William Lewis

7UQEi4FlSXHLRn3XRp2B6wWDKOhOe9PwRdTnzJn8c+yVBABdi93XZkN5/acEVxop

William Lewis  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:56:15pm

re: #268 plansbandc

1F9PFdG2ukZq7BOkNM5v+1hcmS7YM327adXikk3FWzVIYuFOQq7k5TEud0VlXAS/vf0JDiAzFmQ=

goddamnedfrank  Mar 6, 2019 • 6:57:42pm
plansbandc  Mar 6, 2019 • 7:03:10pm

re: #271 The Very Reverend Battleaxe of Knowledge

Neat.

Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  Mar 6, 2019 • 7:03:59pm

Update:

Q66aMdcRz1Nfu7YCTmli2wRijaE8iaTGiSVF7bbULcrXTBnwKHU8zzHFi7Qu2wMFraGyJ6n7KmmdGbWZqm+R/UPBHeauBzBWc73sv3gYytwyi6ICetzyXRpAARbzJ3P2Iowezb4NIAauMLPSfAb3+F+SkMOtfw5KApoyxdQUs2rxoRXYB/Suy3mTo7eRAZbAJXOUJzsvL/iIWnBNJ6mxsfV4f9PsUjnq4cP+bDuqdoSQ7/j37Sn63ozFYYmxDo0v9oho3//9yAFqMLkPeBdRw8+xmgPmgWyC7D6Eh9CcvWKQTHd6EMgJBt/ktDU6aGvc/JDvHqXjhO2uOwrnaT3M5kghbK6c0RW6tEzxYNXEPAJL4zocPAfxeJ21FMcYBAJcGYMQH087/YTqKEbmPSG/4IQhH6OzFcUIdiOzKTNxdVobmnpIEz+fYRjcPNCoSDydfB6ZJSZbr+Chs46JEWFijqsC87aPnK+WVRB6MzYi2O9oGBUabvm19AyD1abnqjR/Wuk0IX+XN5cAKUMKI+F7cYtApa27wytbRi0Puy6EaV5BkzhCxsq9yfcLZx18qBqKXTuX2jB6w1mWMXpA/vzRTj7jeuhRg/M3zPs4KHzS6TwbnTXyt3swmivgA1OpFHcLPzEo2ux1ryQlymi/Mqs/t5CY690hZaSyfI7esXmxz0z+wGc3UGy7K5aMyqcBV5BiCFAdjQYZHT7mzNPXiWMKazk8B3zCNKB0UGB2Hknf2yFxRNhVogA2CPFmN6loSlgPn2cACYKiLAeTSNq6iIr0AAXOP0QiSp3du4ezju30qnl1xk4qJMB+xVW0BoJ75eK74CwLWI9U69WSQXKDfYcawcYtb4/mhxhBsvUjg0fVnDH7qW1v3xS9Z6aUn+eXxXgcj95503cDeA7FKKrUeEP7TZJHLR32STrjuTTIt49vLNEMj0CaJuVVtU4I5a7sq5Ut/ZKN1WxeUx4ahQuGYPwQuWmVNKQBhpPqIRNiuJISA7MmLraQqmZebmi2gSKCuNxqtKW4keH2GP/D3kX4sAnhAXTQX/Z9AeheXRLDVzuvUFEdAelfpsb5PQqjXLsGEURSnQ3/j0Coks+Yi7p+NVsnquWwRz20f94SrvUK6ob300peDLmWFSMvXT+DIWXN/y4XPBMqPgpiSO7N9PwQyMvd9SOhUubvjy1WqMp4O3+PeO1Sw5U7Bw/bp6Ta25vwF/cHqSf5gF5spOH15msZp6k2XRAkoBZLpgLIUn36R9cYdgiegUa1pgTVz+oqISxSAp4NwzTe4u9k5U5VQvZj+qK7toalQtykagWYA4LqKTNyi8b7fe1b844+D/Wjbzdal1tZ5dlfz+LgqhkSuMg9CY9+ZWubNULsUDhKMdQWuFkx22A=

Belafon  Mar 6, 2019 • 7:07:28pm

re: #263 The Vicious Babushka

These fucking dudes

I’m so lost in that that I can’t tell if they were trying to support Omar and Tlaib or what.

Charles Johnson  Mar 6, 2019 • 7:08:49pm
retired cynic  Mar 6, 2019 • 7:08:56pm

re: #273 Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel

Update:

lsFiJAYfC7tvgWPPbB6iKH9SOQ5HBAGNPcd57EdM1GUgEmeBe7JzIdcYvwT3Hng+p9RHjOJkGQ5SU/axHto7yOuO4En6py+/VbES6IBDsu3RQC75P1AtscAbiJN9wpqEtGQxgcf/t24kIY1p4H36qJQRUTSdQDfh9Jaw29LuJl8=

TedStriker  Mar 6, 2019 • 7:23:12pm

re: #260 Sionainn, Warrior Mother

Young Rx.

Young Doctors in Love?

///

Teukka  Mar 6, 2019 • 7:24:05pm
ObserverArt  Mar 6, 2019 • 7:24:13pm

Just came across this opening YouTube.

Postmodern Jukebox doing Video Killed the Radio Star in Queen style. It’s crazy and wacky PMJ goodness.

Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles (Queen / Freddie Mercury Style Cover) ft. Cunio

Dread Pirate Whitebeard  Mar 6, 2019 • 7:29:14pm
jaunte  Mar 6, 2019 • 7:32:55pm

Young Lockable Casters

The Ghost of Quesos Past  Mar 6, 2019 • 7:38:40pm

Young Azerbaijani Visa.

Dread Pirate Whitebeard  Mar 6, 2019 • 7:48:09pm
retired cynic  Mar 6, 2019 • 7:48:29pm

re: #282 The Ghost of Quesos Past

I think that’s a winner.

A hollow voice says, Collusion!  Mar 6, 2019 • 7:55:12pm

re: #273 Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel

cyZdLDcZKKuldEY8J5z2TzZyyokYuUcEG5PNqGZNhiqVGRQNlNr6Vu0zIxWjGaAbm5AlKs4Yh6vOoK4Q3WGvT9F3kn7e4G3ffH388Nk1os3+uvoDJW6Ewo0MtgYZeruM/WVWji7x6PgWX010u5MIkQ==

jaunte  Mar 6, 2019 • 7:59:21pm
jaunte  Mar 6, 2019 • 8:01:33pm

“…Customs and Border Protection has the authority to pull anyone into secondary screenings, but the documents show the agency is increasingly targeting journalists, attorneys, and immigration advocates. Former counterterrorism officials say the agency should not be targeting individuals based on their profession.”
nbcsandiego.com

MsJ  Mar 6, 2019 • 8:01:48pm

Since I went to the store this morning, I’m either Young Steak & Mushrooms or Young Maxi Pad.

The Very Reverend Battleaxe of Knowledge  Mar 6, 2019 • 8:04:03pm

re: #288 MsJ

Young Overdue Book Fine Because of the Snow.

plansbandc  Mar 6, 2019 • 8:07:33pm

re: #288 MsJ

Young Maxi Pads: Oldster spitting some flavorful rhymes wows hip hop world.

makeitstop  Mar 6, 2019 • 8:15:14pm

re: #220 ObserverArt

Came across this recently by a new favorite Aaron Lee Tasjan.

This is fun.

I saw him open for Cheap Trick on Saturday night. He’s pretty good.

The Ghost of Quesos Past  Mar 6, 2019 • 8:15:38pm

re: #284 retired cynic

gAOlLC5G3BiwNaSD9fyzNuBsChpYfBoHR5QUbBbs0Krkhg7FatdnMsMAXI6POVJgxpQKmtsCAKxACBlWJBo3KX5UsIF6qmiIvI6tYU/DSvLwwayFC9IX0qPnr3yuwsrEn3WaWLcSSEBP6OcoLS+JvgrCMp2zdUFChCFFjTfibyYmh2M0ZxJdXuhpY5kXSxSWOIBsP2+UC6YO01vJnvpifvl/8CfC4bOzj9xwO6KGa3vd0zD1p/+iGDWhtpCsAmI28f+JpPYkSNdh4Oo0YA/DMPBDNADU3bmbDwQXv0crdgVpCcCjAEVKdRpeotLcObkbowQwajF+OOzrzzNmf91rVQ==

Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  Mar 6, 2019 • 8:17:14pm

re: #285 A hollow voice says, Collusion!

bOsIr6dYFHbz2IEYXTGKzudUImXDx32OgNi/jrtZq1yXMbfJqBR5bonE0uQRBwRRqm1oiTluHQLlj+Cwfd3b9deq82jmpR1ZOrzyJZi0z6TmL/mssjwt633XZq6SfpiLTvGy2xKQyQhkh/Oq3lojTymGbN4HuuPI7yA/5U90KwXDvM6NDn7u3HTuZwvGCkEvNC7bMRR3WoVV+hr6vcQZfelPjHFkEDsXroWWXfDZbO071DEIl7p0RCqRLN3YrxtChiJ0aYnNReNPZzVD6Zk0RJ891HfVYabFsi7a+PWL/d/H7Oyeg8g4Q9xoJoBw81fCllCovy66u/udBKOZ6So/g/vUVMWOSxBwq1BU9TvrFgzwgBPXugGo9SwU4H+r79wSo2N7vnJG46gJ3YVuMMFfWt4km9KSF5HO

retired cynic  Mar 6, 2019 • 8:17:48pm

re: #292 The Ghost of Quesos Past

Gs81bjhyDBOAMwZJEbXaJsvi8imMzkUCj5znS76RJiU62yK3USi14XBz3swEmOL5C4lNWOL4VxpDU07qlkKek8+toorXMBlOQrUmA3dY2i+8G0Uz9+OmK0eZ/j8nQ7ZOVf+GYa1mR+bilt7v2Onm+o01eTPmAQusDYVsoR5AxoYwvxKttWlOqgcPbyED38wvR9TsoVlk6ig=

The Ghost of Quesos Past  Mar 6, 2019 • 8:19:44pm

re: #294 retired cynic

X/15RopS6F23fvx32ikNn4oZZyq2z9Kbe5AttEWG1xWiUu18FTLKuHgqRz8/EB/AruYvEYBPEcZ/EDslyMumbbb4CxwhABCPjMfwpM9Q+iU4z0OYc8kEokpRkRp7csfV7GMICPj2CUgYTzPGLP3d/50GYWwIH4qABgit79s1Z9mLaMPvYWIebF07WNeg7eg1sdyPb3DyKkcdWvS08jiqXc+H21hoC9lQqIccLRrWexTSs//Kqykua0QwNzrbjbFB

Ace Rothstein  Mar 6, 2019 • 8:27:16pm

re: #245 plansbandc

Paying $300 more a month for gas to own the libs.

retired cynic  Mar 6, 2019 • 8:27:18pm

re: #295 The Ghost of Quesos Past

YgSR6oONRFZlECBpL7ZO7IN9cBlr2JKowu/Zz7lIIKAXmw0ydx9D6x79X+Q0bXewPNgGUM/XqPP2tzb51ah0kjvxdD4P5FozNHQlzijvUvdB5T6D8pTZgT5vIJUV9ksu

GlutenFreeJesus  Mar 6, 2019 • 8:31:45pm

They want the wall to keep us in, not anybody out.

BeachDem  Mar 6, 2019 • 8:34:09pm

A cheery story on an otherwise gloomy night.

A while back, I posted about a Boston Globe article about a friend of mine’s adoption

For a baby in need and a nurse, it was love at first sight

Tomorrow, she’s going to be on the 9 am segment of the Today Show. It’s a wonderful story, and Liz is a really special person.

Targetpractice  Mar 6, 2019 • 8:37:15pm

Another “reasonable” Republican finds his balls…after he’s been fired:

Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  Mar 6, 2019 • 8:39:00pm

re: #296 Ace Rothstein

Paying $300 more a month for gas to own the libs.

Targetpractice  Mar 6, 2019 • 8:44:08pm

Scientists could announce tomorrow that they’ve developed fusion-powered cars that have unlimited range, are totally safe, and run on tap water…and wingnuts would oppose them because “ZOMG! THIS WILL PUT OIL COMPANIES OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!”

Hecuba's daughter  Mar 6, 2019 • 8:53:07pm

re: #302 Targetpractice

It’s not wingnuts — it’s people like the Koch Brothers whose fortune depends on the oil industry. They know the truth but they DON’T care. On a whole range of issues, terrible policies are propelled by greed and not fanaticism or ideology.

Targetpractice  Mar 6, 2019 • 8:58:40pm

re: #303 Hecuba’s daughter

True, hence the obsession with the “danger” of Teslas and how “nobody wants a hybrid.”

BlueSpotinAL  Mar 6, 2019 • 9:10:21pm

re: #234 goddamnedfrank

Young 550 Paracord

Young beer and appetizers.

Ryuichi Sakamoto - ‘Energy Flow’ (From BTTB) - Official Music VideoOfficial Music Video to "Energy Flow" by Ryuichi Sakamotofrom the BTTB 20th Anniversary release Directed by Neo S. Sora and Albert TholenProduced by Zakkubalanzakkubalan.comgoodbabyfilms.com
Red Ribbon - Full Performance — KEXPkexp.org presents Red Ribbon performing live at Avast! Recording Co.. Recorded November 28, 2018. Songs:Seven MonthsOverdriveYour CarIdiot Orange Host: Sean MarrowAudio Engineer: Kevin SuggsCameras: Jim Beckmann, Alaia D'Alessandro & Justin WilmoreEditor: Scott Holpainen kexp.orgavastrecording.com
West Sacramento Goat Grazing Underway at Clarksburg TrailGoat morning all. More: West Sacramento goat grazing underway at Clarksburg trail
The Misinformation Age: How False Beliefs Spread Third, we sometimes care more about social status and social relationships than about holding true beliefs. Consider, for instance, a parent who is friends with many vaccine skeptics. This person may choose not to vaccinate their child, and to ...
Neil & Liam Finn - Where’s My Room Where's My Room Featuring: FAFSWAG and the Finn Familyfrom Neil & Liam Finn's album LightsleeperTo buy: musicglue.com Directed by Sam KristofskiChoreography: Pati TyrellProduced by Tara RiddellStunts by Jacob TomuriDOP: Darryl Ward2nd Unit: Alan Waddinton and Matthew Chaung ACS ...
2 weeks ago
Luther Dickinson and Sisters of the Strawberry Moon - ‘Hallelujah (I’m a Dreamer)’ Ft. Amy LaVereFrom the new album 'Solstice,' available Mar 29: geni.us
2 weeks, 1 day ago
Gary Clark Jr Performing ‘The Guitar Man’ Live on KCRW Gary Clark Jr's new album This Land strikes a heavy personal chord for the musician. The title track is a musical punch in the gut, highlighting the racial tension and hateful rhetoric many Americans are facing today. He performs ...
2 weeks, 1 day ago
Ximena SariñanaFor some reason KEXP removed this video, here's another from her: Ximena Sariñana Ximena Sariñana performs live at Panoram Studios in Mexico City. itunes.apple.com
2 weeks, 2 days ago
Views: 1,393 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 2
MVI 7083 - RICHMAN’S SPIRITUAL - GROUP FINALE - Gordon Lightfoot - Sunday January 17,2016-CHAR VideoMVI_7083 - RICHMAN'S SPIRITUAL - GROUP FINALE - Hugh's Room - The Way We Feel - A Celebration of Lightfoot music - 14th year! Nite 3 of 3 - Sunday January 17,2016
2 weeks, 2 days ago
Keith Jarrett Live at Teatro La Fenice, Venice / 2006 Part IV Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group Part IV (Live At Teatro La Fenice, Venice / 2006) · Keith Jarrett La Fenice ℗ 2018 ECM Records GmbH, under exclusive license to Deutsche Grammophon GmbH, Berlin Released on: 2018-10-19 Producer, ...
2 weeks, 2 days ago