Eclectic Cyborg  May 6, 2019 • 7:55:19pm

A local police officer here was killed yesterday. A suspect was arrested a few hours ago. He’s a young black man.

The FB comments on our local ABC affiliate who broke the story are currently filled with racist posts and calls to hang the guy from a tree.

jaunte  May 6, 2019 • 7:57:32pm

re: #1 Eclectic Cyborg

Sad news; an accidental upding.

retired cynic  May 6, 2019 • 7:59:21pm

re: #1 Eclectic Cyborg

to be expected, in these horrible times

retired cynic  May 6, 2019 • 7:59:42pm

This piece was just Glorious! Thank you!

jaunte  May 6, 2019 • 8:00:53pm

Nadja Kossinskaja’s hands look strong enough to rip a phone book in half. But musically.

Chrysicat  May 6, 2019 • 8:02:32pm
gocart mozart  May 6, 2019 • 8:03:51pm
Chrysicat  May 6, 2019 • 8:05:41pm

re: #6 Chrysicat

More specifically, genius was mainly so far on the “skin in the game! If people had to pay cash for their prescriptions, but those prescriptions were manufactured by many different companies, the market would drive prices to ‘sane’ points.” But that always leads to “ERs should have posted prices and you should drive until you qualify” and “US medicine is overpriced because there aren’t enough providers active, and we need to kill the gatekeeper system”.

Charles Johnson  May 6, 2019 • 8:06:25pm
jaunte  May 6, 2019 • 8:06:47pm

re: #7 gocart mozart

This is the worst song

This seems to be a clear invitation to Mutually Assured Destruction.

jaunte  May 6, 2019 • 8:07:49pm

there were birds and trees and rocks and things

William Lewis  May 6, 2019 • 8:07:50pm

re: #7 gocart mozart

Yeah Sweet did the songs they were told to do. A couple were decent (i still like Fox On The Run) but most wew far worse like that one or love is like oxygen…

Chrysicat  May 6, 2019 • 8:08:19pm

This seems to be a clear invitation to Mutually Assured Destruction.

Just as long as no one starts up a Final Countdown—because that song by Europe does not belong in the discussion :-P

Chrysicat  May 6, 2019 • 8:08:43pm

re: #12 William Lewis

You don’t like “Oxygen”?

teleskiguy  May 6, 2019 • 8:09:14pm

TOOL are playing brand new songs in concert! OMG! Been listening to TOOL since I was 14 or so. I love their shit, I love the fact that most of the lyrics go right over stupid folks’ heads, I noticed that when their album “Aenima” took off and got popular.

It’s been 13 years since they’ve released any new material. They’re on tour right now and are playing brand new songs. I am excite!

Belafon  May 6, 2019 • 8:10:07pm

re: #15 teleskiguy

I had a classmate in college tell me they were anti-semitic.

gocart mozart  May 6, 2019 • 8:10:12pm

I was looking for crappy songs and I came across this which is awesome

Peaches - Fuck the Pain Away

William Lewis  May 6, 2019 • 8:10:14pm

Two chords. The song is high on the list but Meatloaf Paradise or any of Harry Chapin’s saccharine shit is worse.

Targetpractice  May 6, 2019 • 8:10:46pm

there were birds and trees and rocks and things

There was sand and hills and rings

wheat-dogg, raker of forests, master of steam  May 6, 2019 • 8:11:25pm

You forgot about these classic lines,

‘Cause the desert had turned to sea
There were plants and birds and rocks and things
there was sand and hills and rings
The ocean is a desert with it’s life underground
And a perfect disguise above
Under the cities lies a heart made of ground
But the humans will give no love.

Sounded really deep when I was 15, but really dumb now nearly 50 years on.

William Lewis  May 6, 2019 • 8:12:23pm

re: #14 Chrysicat

I have very fond memories of slow dancing to it so it has a place in my mp3 directory but it is not a good song .

teleskiguy  May 6, 2019 • 8:12:48pm

I had a classmate in college tell me they were anti-semitic.

De Kolta Chair  May 6, 2019 • 8:14:40pm

At my age, I just dropped in the see what position my family practice physician was in…

Randy Newman - Political Science from Live in London

gocart mozart  May 6, 2019 • 8:23:06pm
teleskiguy  May 6, 2019 • 8:23:28pm
De Kolta Chair  May 6, 2019 • 8:24:56pm

Night night lizards

LAST NIGHT King Curtis

Chrysicat  May 6, 2019 • 8:25:23pm

re: #21 William Lewis

That actually reminds me of what the actual worst song of the 70s, or at least that was still getting airplay on popular-music stations by 1987, might be:

Namely, the one that’s just called “Slow Dancing” when it’s done by Johnny Duncan. Not that the Rivers version is much better, but it at least got justifiably forgotten.

wheat-dogg, raker of forests, master of steam  May 6, 2019 • 8:28:00pm

re: #25 teleskiguy

Bannon is about 40 years too late waking up to this situation. As soon as China opened up in 1978 and became the low-cost factory to the world, the USA was bound to be the underdog. China was just imitating Japan, after all. As with Japan, at first the products were cheaply made and would fail soon after purchase, then they got much better, and now China turns out products that are probably better than what the USA could make if its manufacturers hadn’t outsourced production to China.

Sorry, Steve, you can’t turn back the clock that easily with tariffs and tough talking.

Interesting Times  May 6, 2019 • 8:28:40pm

Thread! This would move the House Dems to put up an actual fight, for once:

HappyWarrior  May 6, 2019 • 8:29:54pm

re: #1 Eclectic Cyborg

Who needs trials.// Sigh. Awful that the officer was killed obviously and if the guy is guilty, I hope punishment happens but they’re talking lynching.

gocart mozart  May 6, 2019 • 8:30:28pm
HappyWarrior  May 6, 2019 • 8:31:29pm

re: #28 wheat-dogg, raker of forests, master of steam

Bannon is a bumbling bigot.

Anymouse 🌹  May 6, 2019 • 8:32:07pm

re: #8 Chrysicat

And none of that makes much sense.

Drugs are patented. They aren’t going to be manufactured by “many different companies” unless you get rid of patents.

Drive around checking ER prices? Wonderful. The nearest ER to me is sixteen miles away. The next two nearest ER’s are sixty miles away (one south, one west). Beyond that, the next nearest ER is a hundred miles away.

If I have an emergency (that’s part of the name ER), I’m not going to be driving around in a three hundred mile circle looking for the best prices (even if an ER could put up a price list like McDonalds).

If you’re in an accident, they take you to the nearest hospital, not the cheapest hospital.

There are not enough providers active because it costs a metric fuquetonne of money to open a hospital. Even in huge cities like Chicago or Dallas someone’s not going to come along and plunk “Joe’s Cut-Rate Hospital Service! We guarantee to beat the competition!” in town.

That’s neither how business nor hospitals work.

Libertarians really don’t understand things like business and profit, do they?

Chrysicat  May 6, 2019 • 8:33:01pm
Chrysicat  May 6, 2019 • 8:34:36pm

re: #33 Anymouse 🌹

Oh, his solution on the medicines is that patents are mandatorily licensed out immediately in exchange for permanent royalties. I would be headdesking so hard if I didn’t have my machine literally on my lap now.

gocart mozart  May 6, 2019 • 8:35:19pm
DangerMan  May 6, 2019 • 8:38:47pm

re: #33 Anymouse 🌹

And none of that makes much sense.

That’s neither how business nor hospitals work.

Libertarians really don’t understand things like business and profit, do they?

besides..which er costs?
the initial visit
the following tests
the drugs
the consults
the emergency surgery they just diagnosed you need?
once you get started yourr committed to that facility for what they think needs to be done next

also assumes you re conscious and can drive…or have time to shop

Anymouse 🌹  May 6, 2019 • 8:40:11pm

re: #35 Chrysicat

I wonder how he’d feel if he invented something and he was required to license out his invention?

And how is he going to enforce this? With a government gatekeeper which forces manufacturers to do this?

Targetpractice  May 6, 2019 • 8:40:26pm

re: #33 Anymouse 🌹

And none of that makes much sense.

That’s neither how business nor hospitals work.

Libertarians really don’t understand things like business and profit, do they?

“Where are you taking me?!”

“Central Hospital.”

“Fuck no! Take me to St. Mercy, I’ve got a discount card!”

“That’s 2 hours away!”

“Yeah, but have you seen how much Central charges to repair a knife wound!?”

gocart mozart  May 6, 2019 • 8:43:21pm
geosherman  May 6, 2019 • 8:45:06pm

Flickr

Mazourka Canyon - so tiny and camouflaged most people would never notice them. Looked at via macro lens and wow!

away for a day to the desert. Here is something most of us would never see or expect to see. A tiny less than an inch beauty that catches your imagination.

Joe Bacon 🌹  May 6, 2019 • 8:45:52pm

This song raised my blood glucose by 100 points…

Donny Osmond - Puppy Love (1972) stereo

Belafon  May 6, 2019 • 8:47:04pm

re: #29 Interesting Times

Thread! This would move the House Dems to put up an actual fight, for once:

I agree. We got tired after two years, but it needs to continue.

Anymouse 🌹  May 6, 2019 • 8:51:33pm

re: #42 Joe Bacon 🌹

This song raised my blood glucose by 100 points…

[Puppy Love video]

I think my all-time horrible cringe list is filled with this one, though Captain and Tennille’s version is pretty bad as well.

The Wedding Song ( There Is Love ) - Peter, Paul & Mary ( with lyrics ).wmv

geosherman  May 6, 2019 • 8:52:05pm

re: #42 Joe Bacon 🌹

cringe worthy…. bad memories of bell bottoms, shiny flower patterend shirts and zits

Interesting Times  May 6, 2019 • 8:52:33pm

I agree. We got tired after two years, but it needs to continue.

I also suspect protestors might have become discouraged by the whole Binge-drink Brett fiasco. While GOPers still own the Senate, the House is now in Democratic hands, so targeted protests are likely to have more of an impact, not less (since Dems can’t fall back on ridiculously gerrymandered districts to save their reelection chances).

Anymouse 🌹  May 6, 2019 • 8:56:16pm

Oh, boy, creationist’s are mad at Pat Robertson for throwing creationism under a bus.

Wow, when you’ve lost Pat Robertson … saying he’s an atheist and adopting “man’s pagan religion.”

Ken Ham does not understand “atheism,” “pagan,” or “religion.”

(Goes to Utah Outcasts, caution for coarse language, 10:14)

Creationists Are SUPER MAD at Pat Robertson

Belafon  May 6, 2019 • 8:59:40pm

re: #46 Interesting Times

I doubt it, because there’s only so much you can do without the Senate. I know people want something to happen, but McConnell weakens the strength of the House considerably. It will be a fierce battle for the House to actually get someone thrown in jail without the Senate’s support.

Joe Bacon 🌹  May 6, 2019 • 9:04:20pm

re: #44 Anymouse 🌹

I lost count of how many times I had to hear that when I was forced to go to weddings.

Joe Bacon 🌹  May 6, 2019 • 9:06:34pm

re: #45 geosherman

cringe worthy…. bad memories of bell bottoms, shirts and zits

I remember the first time Dad heard Donny Osmond singing. Dad looked at me and said “that boy’s head just ain’t screwed on too tight”.

Mom’s comment, “When he grows up he’ll be more of a freak than Tiny Tim”…

wheat-dogg, raker of forests, master of steam  May 6, 2019 • 9:21:33pm

re: #44 Anymouse 🌹

Ugh. I remember that one from too many weddings* during the 1970s.

* Not my weddings, tyvm. I’ve only had one.

‘The Maldives Mystery’ Resolved This is a response to the Academic Agent's "Climate Change -- The Maldives Mystery." I am currently on assignment and won't be able to list sources for at least another week. My apologies for the delay. This is also ...
Lil Nas X - Old Town Road (Official Movie) Ft. Billy Ray Cyrus Official video for Lil Nas X’s Billboard #1 hit, “Old Town Road (Remix)” featuring Billy Ray Cyrus. Special guest appearances from Chris Rock, Haha Davis, Rico Nasty, Diplo, Jozzy, Young Kio, and Vince Staples. Listen & Download “Old Town ...
Down on the PromenadeProvided to YouTube by CDBaby Down On the Promenade · Marc Monroe Copasetic ℗ 2013 Mark Kelton Released on: 2013-04-23 Auto-generated by YouTube.
Dido - Take You Home (Official Video) The official video for Take You Home, taken from Dido's new album, Still On My Mind. Buy now: dido.lnk.to Follow DidoOfficial site - didomusic.comFacebook - facebook.com Instagram - instagram.comTwitter - @didoofficial Jordan Rossi (Video Producer), John RankinWaddell (Video Director) ...
Norah Jones - Begin Again (Live on the Today Show)‘Begin Again’ comes from Norah Jones’s latest compilation of the same name.Listen to the full compilation here: norahjones.lnk.to See Norah live: norahjones.lnk.to Connect with Norah:norahjones.comfacebook.com@norahjonesinstagram.com #NorahJones #BeginAgain vevo.ly
Bill Evans ‘Peace Piece’ Virtual Museum Exhibit: Pasos Peace Museum (visit: www. pasospeacemuseum.org)—Bill Evans's "Peace Piece" is an unrehearsed modal composition that he recorded for his "Everybody Digs Bill Evans" LP in 1958. It is hailed as one of the most beautiful and ...
Have You Ever Seen the Rain - Endless Summer (Creedence Clearwater Revival Cover) (Grand Canyon) Thanks for watching our cover of "Have You Ever Seen The Rain" by Creedence Clearwater Revival. Subscribe: Please Note: No drones were flown in the Grand Canyon National Park. All drone footage was purchased off shutterstock.com. Follow Endless Summer:Instagram: ...
The Allman Betts - ‘Melodies Are Memories’ (Live at WFUV) wfuv.org • Follow @wfuv: ow.ly The Allman Betts Band performs "Melodies are Memories" live in Studio A. Recorded 3/27/19. Host: Eric HollandAudio: Chris RussoCameras: Kay Kurkierewicz, Jeffrey Pelayo, Jake Lee, Mackenzie Cranna and Elise LeasureEditor: Jake Lee and Kay ...
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Crossfire + Travis Walk (Instrumental) [1989] When I first heard Stevie Ray Vaughan it was like a light went off in my head. Being a hack guitar player I was not unlike any other. You chase sounds in your head.What SRV did was just roll ...
here...not here.....here...not...was I even.....
peter yarrow wayfaring strangerPETER YARROW - WAYFARING STRANGER from THAT'S ENOUGH FOR ME
1 week, 1 day ago