jaunte  May 9, 2019 • 1:51:53pm
I Would Prefer Not To  May 9, 2019 • 1:53:39pm

We need someone to step up and just leak all the documents. Just do it.

Eclectic Cyborg  May 9, 2019 • 1:56:23pm

re: #2 I Would Prefer Not To

We need someone to step up and just leak all the documents. Just do it.

THIS.

We need some fucking heroes.

Belafon  May 9, 2019 • 1:58:29pm

re: #3 Eclectic Cyborg

THIS.

We need some fucking heroes.

Anyone here ready to spend a few years fighting the charges in leaks, hoping to get pardoned by a future president?

Eric The Fruit Bat  May 9, 2019 • 1:58:31pm

The judge to deal with this matter is an Obama appointee….

Dr. Matt  May 9, 2019 • 2:03:07pm

re: #2 I Would Prefer Not To

We need someone to step up and just leak all the documents. Just do it.

I’m sure there will be no shortage of people willing to donate heavily to a legal defense fund.

Jay C  May 9, 2019 • 2:04:12pm

re: #5 Eric The Fruit Bat

The judge to deal with this matter is an Obama appointee….

Does that really matter, though? IANAL, of course, but it seem like the issue here is one that should be decided principally on precedent. Even leaving aside Trump’s bullshit, is a demand for these records really “interfering” with Executive Branch? ISTM that what he is trying to do is, in effect, codify the notion that President, is indeed, “above the law”.

allegro  May 9, 2019 • 2:04:48pm

LOL

Comments are great.

jaunte  May 9, 2019 • 2:05:26pm

Now it’s a race between Mazars and New York State.

Decatur Deb  May 9, 2019 • 2:06:14pm

re: #8 allegro

LOL

Comments are great.

Waiting for an English translation of Ulysses.

HappyWarrior  May 9, 2019 • 2:07:07pm

re: #8 allegro

LOL

Comments are great.

I’ve read Joyce. Liked Dubliners but didn’t care too much for Portrait of the Artist As a Young Man.

HappyWarrior  May 9, 2019 • 2:08:08pm

re: #10 Decatur Deb

Waiting for an English translation of

Stuff happened to Leopold Bloom on June 16, 1904. The end.

BlueSpotinAL  May 9, 2019 • 2:10:29pm

Off topic, for Decatur Deb in the previous page:

Eli What terrible trauma, what dark, unrecorded and possibly unprintable incident occurred in Dothan, Alabama, to cast such an indelible blot on the escutcheon of this fine southern community? (Sorry for the non sequitur, but I’ve been dying to ask that forever!)
Dan_Simmons Is anyone here from Dothan, Alabama?
EH_Datlow Go for it. No one to tell on you Dan.
Dan_Simmons I will never tell. Like Dickens and his mistress, I am sworn to secrecy about THE EVENT.

DangerMan  May 9, 2019 • 2:12:18pm

re: #7 Jay C

how does a request for records from a third party, prevent the admin from doing any of its job?

Dr. Matt  May 9, 2019 • 2:12:28pm

Did Twitter just shit the bed?

Decatur Deb  May 9, 2019 • 2:12:37pm

re: #13 BlueSpotinAL

Must be some personal joke. Nothing ever happened in Dothan. Nothing.

The Vicious Babushka  May 9, 2019 • 2:17:21pm
Mike Lamb  May 9, 2019 • 2:19:04pm

“Congress cannot interfere with the Executive’s execution of his duties, or add qualifications for President.”

Lolwut? How is making sure that the President isn’t a tax cheat doing either one of those things?

William Lewis  May 9, 2019 • 2:20:08pm

re: #10 Decatur Deb

Waiting for an English translation of Ulysses.

I’ll stick to my read about the great white whale instead. Learning of whaling is still easier than scatological jokes that have to googled to understand ;)

HappyWarrior  May 9, 2019 • 2:21:10pm

re: #17 The Vicious Babushka

Is that Trump’s Tennessee long lost brother?

jaunte  May 9, 2019 • 2:21:31pm

re: #18 Mike Lamb

They’re worried the country will decide criminal acts will be a disqualifier.

Hecuba's daughter  May 9, 2019 • 2:22:59pm

re: #10 Decatur Deb

Waiting for an English translation of Ulysses.

Could be worse — It could be Finnegans Wake.

HappyWarrior  May 9, 2019 • 2:25:15pm

re: #18 Mike Lamb

Yeah I’m having a hard time seeing any legal basis they have.

William Lewis  May 9, 2019 • 2:25:28pm

re: #17 The Vicious Babushka

Far right wing “Patriots History of the US” on his bookshelf. No surprise.

I Would Prefer Not To  May 9, 2019 • 2:27:27pm
HappyWarrior  May 9, 2019 • 2:29:17pm

re: #24 William Lewis

Far right wing “Patriots History of the US” on his bookshelf. No surprise.

You noticed that too huh.

KGxvi  May 9, 2019 • 2:29:23pm

re: #18 Mike Lamb

Saw a thing earlier that said John Yoo things the Trump Administration is going too far on executive power. When you’ve lost the author of the torture memos…

HappyWarrior  May 9, 2019 • 2:29:39pm

re: #25 I Would Prefer Not To

JFC.

HappyWarrior  May 9, 2019 • 2:31:27pm

re: #27 KGxvi

Unfortunately that’s the kind of thing that makes Glenn Greenwald defend Trump.

I Would Prefer Not To  May 9, 2019 • 2:31:57pm

re: #28 HappyWarrior

JFC.

If twitter doesn’t get rid of russian bots it’s going to be unusable. Plus advertisers don’t want to pay to reach bots.

HappyWarrior  May 9, 2019 • 2:33:42pm

re: #30 I Would Prefer Not To

It’s really bad.

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 9, 2019 • 2:35:36pm
allegro  May 9, 2019 • 2:36:05pm

Hmmmm…

NO SMOCKING GUN!  May 9, 2019 • 2:36:18pm

re: #17 The Vicious Babushka

The same week I saw a graph showing there are still fewer Jews now than there were before the Shoah.

Decatur Deb  May 9, 2019 • 2:36:23pm

re: #17 The Vicious Babushka

The book on his shelf: “A Patriot’s History of the Modern World”

Reviewed by David Weigel: “This Conservative History Book Will Make You Stupider”

Hecuba's daughter  May 9, 2019 • 2:36:27pm

re: #29 HappyWarrior

Unfortunately that’s the kind of thing that makes Glenn Greenwald defend Trump.

Glenn supported the Iraq War; I wonder if he also initially supported torture before he ultimately turned against the conflict.

KGxvi  May 9, 2019 • 2:37:27pm

re: #25 I Would Prefer Not To

What exactly is the point of that tweet, other than reminding people that as a grown ass woman, she probably had consensual sex within a relationship?

I mean, the fact that she dated Willie Brown in the 90s is so well known that it’s on her wikipedia page (granted, the 30 year age gap is a bit creepy, but to each their own).

HappyWarrior  May 9, 2019 • 2:37:41pm

re: #36 Hecuba’s daughter

I’m sure he did.

Decatur Deb  May 9, 2019 • 2:38:58pm

re: #22 Hecuba’s daughter

Could be worse — It could be Finnegans Wake.

Learned all I need about Finnegan’s Wake from the Clancy Brothers.

The Clancy Brothers - Finnegan’s Wake

HappyWarrior  May 9, 2019 • 2:39:05pm

re: #37 KGxvi

They like to claim she slept her way to the top. It’s sexist bs.

allegro  May 9, 2019 • 2:39:25pm

re: #37 KGxvi

It was to put a mental image of her on her knees submissive. And being sexual.

KGxvi  May 9, 2019 • 2:39:33pm

re: #33 allegro

If the Senate GOP leadership needs horse heads for the Trump family, I think the Santa Anita track still hasn’t figured out what’s hurting the horses there.

NO SMOCKING GUN!  May 9, 2019 • 2:39:33pm

re: #25 I Would Prefer Not To

Mike Lamb  May 9, 2019 • 2:40:14pm

re: #33 allegro

Hmmmm…

Hey guys… this is just like the Kavanaugh FBI “investigation” with Dr. Blasey Ford. We got this.

I Would Prefer Not To  May 9, 2019 • 2:42:11pm

re: #43 NO SMOCKING GUN!

You mean Kamala Harris has had SEX? The Horror! I know no good republican would ever vote for a candidate who isn’t a pure as snow virgin!

The fact is that trump was a virgin until he met his third wife.

allegro  May 9, 2019 • 2:42:48pm

re: #44 Mike Lamb

Getting stinkier by the minute innit.

KGxvi  May 9, 2019 • 2:45:20pm

Huh, according to her wikipedia page, Harris graduated from Hastings Law in 1989 and was admitted to the bar in 1990. And according to the state bar website, she was sworn in in June of 1990. That means she most likely passed the February bar exam. Wonder if she had to take it twice or if she waited for some reason.

(there’s no shame in taking the bar exam - especially California’s - more than once. I passed on the second try. And I have a few friends that took at least 4 tries to pass)

Jay C  May 9, 2019 • 2:45:46pm

re: #33 allegro

Hmmmm…

I dunno - maybe I’m just innately suspicious of anything emanating from Senate Republicans, but the fact that McConnell seem to be OK with Burr’s deal re Junior’s subpoena leads me to smell the unpleasant odor of whitewash wafting through the ether….

Decatur Deb  May 9, 2019 • 2:46:32pm

re: #34 NO SMOCKING GUN!

VB is doing her best.

I Would Prefer Not To  May 9, 2019 • 2:46:46pm

re: #48 Jay C

Jr. under the bus?

HappyWarrior  May 9, 2019 • 2:48:02pm

re: #50 I Would Prefer Not To

Jr. under the bus?

That’s what I’m thinking.

Eclectic Cyborg  May 9, 2019 • 2:50:55pm

re: #20 HappyWarrior

Is that Trump’s Tennessee long lost brother?

He does look kind of…Trumpish, doesn’t he?

Decatur Deb  May 9, 2019 • 2:51:51pm

re: #52 Eclectic Cyborg

He does look kind of…Trumpish, doesn’t he?

Foundling child of Trump and Martin Mull.

allegro  May 9, 2019 • 2:53:44pm

re: #50 I Would Prefer Not To

Jr. under the bus?

That’s one theory. After this “leak” I’m leaning towards:

a) Mitch going “see? I’m not obstructing anything. I approved of this…”
b) Jr. stalling in “terror” but ultimately appearing
c) getting questioned on easily answerable stuff
d) ta da! Cleared!

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 9, 2019 • 2:55:11pm

JFC, what a stupid question

The Vicious Babushka  May 9, 2019 • 2:55:20pm

re: #49 Decatur Deb

VB is doing her best.

I have turned that duty over to my daughters and daughters-in-law.

KGxvi  May 9, 2019 • 2:55:22pm

re: #54 allegro

That’s one theory. After this “leak” I’m leaning towards:

a) Mitch going “see? I’m not obstructing anything. I approved of this…”
b) Jr. stalling in “terror” but ultimately appearing
c) getting questioned on easily answerable stuff
c-1) being so stupid he still gets himself in trouble
d) ta da! Cleared!

Sub-step added because this is definitely how it plays out in real life, Stupid Watergate

Dread Pirate Union Local 13  May 9, 2019 • 2:57:06pm
Teukka  May 9, 2019 • 2:58:27pm

So… One of those moments one of your favorite artists does something unexpected… This sure is different from his usual work!

Thomas Bergersen - My Soul Not Yours

Jay C  May 9, 2019 • 2:58:29pm

re: #50 I Would Prefer Not To

Jr. under the bus?

Naaah, we can always hope, but I’m thinking more like some carefully-crafted standup routine “proving” that Junior knows nothing about nothing (and never has), and can go off to trumpet his “exoneration” to the universe: with the thanks of the Senate for his forbearance…

Decatur Deb  May 9, 2019 • 2:58:36pm

JFC, what a stupid question

Your neighbor and his family are loyal MAGAts & both of you dislike each other. The wife is delivering her baby and should go to the hospital ASAP but their car isn’t working. They approached you asking you to drive them to the hospital it’s an emergency.

I would drive them there after calling 911, but claim naming rights. I’d even offer to be little Obama’s god-father.

Joe Bacon 🌹  May 9, 2019 • 3:02:19pm

JFC, what a stupid question

Sorry I don’t have a car. Why not go on the Net and use Priceline to name your cab fare?

The Vicious Babushka  May 9, 2019 • 3:03:19pm

JFC, what a stupid question

Call 911. Why is this even a question?

The Vicious Babushka  May 9, 2019 • 3:04:12pm

LOLWUT

HappyWarrior  May 9, 2019 • 3:07:01pm

re: #64 The Vicious Babushka

LOLWUT

I’m eager to hear his description of the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor.

Eclectic Cyborg  May 9, 2019 • 3:07:26pm

re: #63 The Vicious Babushka

Call 911. Why is this even a question?

Because people suck, that’s why.

Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire  May 9, 2019 • 3:13:26pm

re: #54 allegro

That’s one theory. After this “leak” I’m leaning towards:

a) Mitch going “see? I’m not obstructing anything. I approved of this…”
b) Jr. stalling in “terror” but ultimately appearing
c) getting questioned on easily answerable stuff
d) ta da! Cleared!

Only problem with c and d. is there are Democrats on that panel and they WILL NOT be asking easy questions. Have also “heard” that Jr. is going to take the 5th and refuse to appear.

Belafon  May 9, 2019 • 3:13:48pm

JFC, what a stupid question

I think the point of the question is that everyone would do exactly what we think should be done. Though I did like someone joking “give them information for Uber” before saying they would take them to the hospital.

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 9, 2019 • 3:14:16pm
Teukka  May 9, 2019 • 3:15:48pm

re: #54 allegro

That’s one theory. After this “leak” I’m leaning towards:

a) Mitch going “see? I’m not obstructing anything. I approved of this…”
b) Jr. stalling in “terror” but ultimately appearing
c) getting questioned on easily answerable stuff
c+1) “hot mic”
d) ta da! Cleared!

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  May 9, 2019 • 3:16:25pm

Evening Lizardim.

Dragonomics  May 9, 2019 • 3:19:52pm

Call 911 for them because I’m sure they have one of those signs with a gun on it that says we don’t call 911.

Dread Pirate Union Local 13  May 9, 2019 • 3:21:18pm
HappyWarrior  May 9, 2019 • 3:23:12pm

re: #73 Dread Pirate Union Local 13

They’re never going to apologize to that family.

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 9, 2019 • 3:23:28pm

re: #72 Dragonomics

you win

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 9, 2019 • 3:26:11pm

MrBWS says that “what would you do” question is the main reason we don’t have neighbors

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 9, 2019 • 3:31:33pm

re: #64 The Vicious Babushka

LOLWUT

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 9, 2019 • 3:32:18pm

HappyWarrior  May 9, 2019 • 3:32:46pm

Sarah will confirm that Lincoln in fact lost the Civil War.

Decatur Deb  May 9, 2019 • 3:34:07pm

Somehow a great Canadian folk singer came and went, and I never heard him until today.
This goes out to all you code monkeys:

Stan Rogers - White Collar Holler

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 9, 2019 • 3:44:29pm
teleskiguy  May 9, 2019 • 3:44:53pm

I’m the cool uncle.

ckkatz  May 9, 2019 • 3:47:23pm

re: #80 Decatur Deb

A couple of days ago, during the discussion on how Global Warming was affecting the Arctic, I was listening to this Stan Rogers song.

Stan Rogers - Northwest Passage

Decatur Deb  May 9, 2019 • 3:52:39pm

re: #83 ckkatz

Yes—listened to it a few minutes ago. I don’t remember whether the expedition that found Franklin and HMS Terror was before or after Rogers’ song.

Targetpractice  May 9, 2019 • 3:55:56pm

*sigh* We get it, Rahul, the world is changing and you don’t know how to cope.

Decatur Deb  May 9, 2019 • 3:58:07pm

re: #85 Decatur Deb

Looked it up. HMS Terror was only found a few years ago. It would have pleased the songwriter.

en.wikipedia.org

ckkatz  May 9, 2019 • 4:04:20pm

re: #85 Decatur Deb

I think that the ships were found around 2014. Rogers himself died in 1983 when the commercial flight he was riding caught fire. I had heard because some idiot was smoking in the plane bathroom.

Rogers died alongside 22 other passengers most likely of smoke inhalation on June 2, 1983, while traveling on Air Canada Flight 797 (a McDonnell Douglas DC-9) after performing at the Kerrville Folk Festival. The airliner was flying from Dallas, Texas, to Toronto and Montreal when a fire of unknown ignition source within the vanity or toilet shroud of the aft washroom forced it to make an emergency landing at the Greater Cincinnati Airport in northern Kentucky.

en.wikipedia.org

Other songs of his that I enjoy include “Jeannie C”, “Mary Ellen Carter”, and “The Witch of the Westmoreland”.

ckkatz  May 9, 2019 • 4:05:57pm

re: #88 Decatur Deb

Hargh. Beat me to it. :)

mmmirele  May 9, 2019 • 4:06:07pm

Butters is the kitty on the left. I always like seeing pictures of Butters.

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 9, 2019 • 4:09:24pm
gocart mozart  May 9, 2019 • 4:14:05pm
Eclectic Cyborg  May 9, 2019 • 4:15:46pm

My union dues are less than $20 / month. Well the fuck worth it.

jeffreyw  May 9, 2019 • 4:17:37pm

Well. that, and the ability to walk out to the front porch bare-assed and not worry about being a local scandal.

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 9, 2019 • 4:19:28pm

re: #95 jeffreyw

MRBWS: Point taken.

makeitstop  May 9, 2019 • 4:19:32pm

I like this response.

jeffreyw  May 9, 2019 • 4:21:55pm
Dread Pirate Union Local 13  May 9, 2019 • 4:24:33pm
ckkatz  May 9, 2019 • 4:24:42pm

Who ever posted the @CJBurberry account, thanks! Some of the posts are a hoot:

DID YOU KNOW…Nothing can mess up a Friday like realizing it’s only Thursday.

DID YOU KNOW…Last night the dog chewed up our Scrabble game and ate all the little tiles.
Then today he’s been leaving messages around the house.

DID YOU KNOW…A new restaurant just opened up called Karma?
There’s no menus, you just get what you deserve.

DID YOU NOW…Why the chicken went to the séance?
To get to the other side.

DID YOU KNOW…A new manufacturing plant opened up last month that focuses on making everyday average things.
It’s called the ‘Satisfactory’.

wheat-dogg, raker of forests, master of steam  May 9, 2019 • 4:27:36pm

re: #61 Decatur Deb

I’d take a cue from Gandhi, and tell them they have to raise the child as a Muslim.

gocart mozart  May 9, 2019 • 4:29:11pm
I Would Prefer Not To  May 9, 2019 • 4:29:24pm

re: #82 teleskiguy

I’m the cool uncle.

It’s good to be the cool uncle.

Barefoot Grin  May 9, 2019 • 4:34:51pm

JFC, what a stupid question

Well, I am a lib so obviously I would stab both of them on the spot. // Or I would never thing about it and do the right thing.

Targetpractice  May 9, 2019 • 4:36:17pm

The 8 hr work day and weekends are concepts that working men have unions to thank for.

If left up to companies like Delta, both would cease to exist in order to pursue higher profits.

So the next time you crack open a cold one with your buddies while enjoying your time off to watch a game, thank a union for making sure Delta doesn’t have you working unpaid overtime so their CEO can afford another yacht.

wheat-dogg, raker of forests, master of steam  May 9, 2019 • 4:44:07pm

re: #105 Targetpractice

There are no labor unions in China, paradoxically. There;s been much online discussion here lately of the prevalence of “996” work requirements — 9 to 9 shifts, 6 days a week. It’s especially common in the tech and foreign trade sectors, as employers are trying to extract every last yuan of work from their employers. Some IT people complain, even with 996 schedules, their bosses still make them work overtime.

Factory workers have it a little easier, because bosses have realized (slowly) that exhausted workers can make catastrophic mistakes around machinery, so they have shorter shifts — though still work six days a week.

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 9, 2019 • 4:46:31pm
Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  May 9, 2019 • 4:57:48pm

re: #106 wheat-dogg, raker of forests, master of steam

What’s funny is that tech workers aren’t any less affected, and their mistakes can have a snowball effect because delays in software delivery lead to continued inefficiencies in business operation, which causes business workers to have to maintain their stress level over time. Remember to feed and care for your IT people, business owners.

teleskiguy  May 9, 2019 • 5:03:21pm

Pumpkinhead Trashcan has tweeted only three times since his Nuremberg re-election rally in Florida last night. Hmm…

wheat-dogg, raker of forests, master of steam  May 9, 2019 • 5:08:32pm

re: #108 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

The worker’s revolution kinda backfired, it seems. New bosses — same as the old bosses.

The Vicious Babushka  May 9, 2019 • 5:09:36pm

LOL I blocked my own son on Twitter.

teleskiguy  May 9, 2019 • 5:11:27pm

re: #111 The Vicious Babushka

LOL I blocked my own son on Twitter.

My younger sister has me blocked on Twitter. But we still sparingly interact on Facebook.

HappyWarrior  May 9, 2019 • 5:13:50pm

re: #111 The Vicious Babushka

LOL I blocked my own son on Twitter.

She’s a much better person than he is. He’s just an angry prick.

teleskiguy  May 9, 2019 • 5:16:51pm
The Vicious Babushka  May 9, 2019 • 5:16:58pm

Here is a video straight from the Legislature of Gilead

Ace Rothstein  May 9, 2019 • 5:18:12pm

The official White House schedule today called them the “Red Socks.”

Ace Rothstein  May 9, 2019 • 5:21:29pm

I’ve flown Delta once and it fucking sucked. After seeing that anti-union bullshit, I’d rather walk than fly their shitty fucking airline.

teleskiguy  May 9, 2019 • 5:21:41pm

More than a thousand!!! WTF

The Vicious Babushka  May 9, 2019 • 5:22:26pm

OMG Trump must be so jealous!

MASSIVE military parade marks Victory Day 2019

Ace Rothstein  May 9, 2019 • 5:23:30pm

re: #99 Dread Pirate Union Local 13

There are no records to reunite the families ON PURPOSE. The chaos, cruelty, and pain is by design and is the point. This administration is full of monsters.

teleskiguy  May 9, 2019 • 5:24:13pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  May 9, 2019 • 5:27:28pm

he found his phone

teleskiguy  May 9, 2019 • 5:32:37pm
DangerMan  May 9, 2019 • 5:33:17pm

re: #116 Ace Rothstein

The official White House schedule today called them the “Red Socks.”

For serious?

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 9, 2019 • 5:34:15pm

re: #124 DangerMan

For serious?

Ace Rothstein  May 9, 2019 • 5:34:48pm

re: #124 DangerMan

Yes. They also called the World Series the “World Cup Series.”

Ace Rothstein  May 9, 2019 • 5:35:16pm

re: #124 DangerMan

Stanley Sea  May 9, 2019 • 5:35:48pm

Anyone watching the Anderson Cooper/James Comey town hall?

Comments?

Ace Rothstein  May 9, 2019 • 5:35:58pm

re: #124 DangerMan

DangerMan  May 9, 2019 • 5:36:46pm

re: #121 teleskiguy

What I said yesterday
Ivf
Birth control
Escr

You’re either consistent or it’s all arbitrary

GlutenFreeJesus  May 9, 2019 • 5:37:23pm

re: #118 teleskiguy

To be fair, 1,000 rounds barely lasts me 2 hours of range time.

The Vicious Babushka  May 9, 2019 • 5:37:47pm

re: #126 Ace Rothstein

Yes. They also called the World Series the “World Cup Series.”

This is what happens when you outsource your PR to offshore contractors.

teleskiguy  May 9, 2019 • 5:38:48pm

re: #123 teleskiguy

Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  May 9, 2019 • 5:39:24pm

re: #116 Ace Rothstein

The official White House schedule today called them the “Red Socks.”

They’re in Cincinnatti, right?/

While we’re at it, the Reds were known as the “Red Stockings” in their early, pre-NL, days.

DangerMan  May 9, 2019 • 5:40:59pm

re: #126 Ace Rothstein

Outstanding!

World class idiots

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 9, 2019 • 5:41:25pm
Interesting Times  May 9, 2019 • 5:41:54pm

re: #128 Stanley Sea

Anyone watching the Anderson Cooper/James Comey town hall?

Comments?

I caught a few minutes and was too annoyed to watch anymore. He came across as yet another overly cautious coward trying to soft-peddle the extent of Amercia’s crisis (for example, agreeing with the “don’t indict a sitting president” policy and saying it’s the job of congress - well, isn’t it abundantly clear by now that the GOPer senate isn’t doing its job?)

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 9, 2019 • 5:45:26pm
Ace Rothstein  May 9, 2019 • 5:45:38pm

Tax incentives for adoption (read: rich people), but not a god damn thing when the fetus is born to a poor family.

mmmirele  May 9, 2019 • 5:46:29pm

re: #112 teleskiguy

My sister, her husband and their two children have all blocked me on FB. I’m too flaming liberal for them.

Interesting Times  May 9, 2019 • 5:47:25pm

Hope the idiot white female trump voters who call themselves “pro-choice” are happy.

DangerMan  May 9, 2019 • 5:48:07pm

re: #127 Ace Rothstein

Think they’ll still go?

Ace Rothstein  May 9, 2019 • 5:48:46pm

re: #142 DangerMan

They did today.

gocart mozart  May 9, 2019 • 5:49:10pm

What to make of this? is there a glitch in the Matrix?

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 9, 2019 • 5:50:57pm

re: #128 Stanley Sea

Anyone watching the Anderson Cooper/James Comey town hall?

Comments?

we’re watching Ghostbusters

Skip Intro  May 9, 2019 • 5:52:33pm

re: #128 Stanley Sea

Anyone watching the Anderson Cooper/James Comey town hall?

Comments?

Comey already did his damage. Who cares what he says now?

I Would Prefer Not To  May 9, 2019 • 5:53:22pm

re: #144 gocart mozart

What to make of this? is there a glitch in the Matrix?

It’s glitches all the way down.

Hecuba's daughter  May 9, 2019 • 5:54:29pm

re: #141 Interesting Times

It would be nice if the idiot Bernie Bros who voted for Jill realize the damage they have done. But of course not — they blame Hillary supporters for all evil.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  May 9, 2019 • 5:54:46pm

re: #147 I Would Prefer Not To

It’s glitches all the way down.

The Matrix was built by programmers, after all. God only knows how many bugs have to be in it.

DangerMan  May 9, 2019 • 5:56:49pm

re: #143 Ace Rothstein

They did today.

Oh now I see.
it’s late here

HappyWarrior  May 9, 2019 • 5:57:46pm

re: #144 gocart mozart

What to make of this? is there a glitch in the Matrix?

We fucking told them.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  May 9, 2019 • 5:58:16pm

re: #151 HappyWarrior

We fucking told them.

Yeah, but we’re just stupid snowflake libruls, what do we know?

HappyWarrior  May 9, 2019 • 5:59:10pm

re: #152 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

Yeah, but we’re just stupid snowflake libruls, what do we know?

Neoliberal warmonger is their preferred slur but yeah.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  May 9, 2019 • 6:00:17pm

re: #153 HappyWarrior

Neoliberal warmonger is their preferred slur but yeah.

The irony in that epithet is so thick, you could sell it to Donald Trump for his border wall.

HappyWarrior  May 9, 2019 • 6:00:55pm

re: #148 Hecuba’s daughter

It’s funny. The Bros say Hillary ran a campaign of entitlement yet they thought Bernie should have been nominated at the DNC despite the fact HRC beat him overwhelmingly (Over 10%)

teleskiguy  May 9, 2019 • 6:02:45pm
Belafon  May 9, 2019 • 6:05:49pm

re: #144 gocart mozart

What to make of this? is there a glitch in the Matrix?

The Con Man will con anyone.

Patricia Kayden  May 9, 2019 • 6:14:57pm

JFC, what a stupid question

Why can’t they call tan ambulance. That sounds like a medical emergency to me.

Patricia Kayden  May 9, 2019 • 6:16:15pm

re: #156 teleskiguy

Yay!! So many species are facing extinction. Glad to see a few holding on.

Belafon  May 9, 2019 • 6:16:30pm

This explains everything:

teleskiguy  May 9, 2019 • 6:17:08pm

It snowed a lot up high yesterday. Snow level was about 7,000 feet. All the trees above that elevation look like something out a Dr. Seuss cartoon.

Eclectic Cyborg  May 9, 2019 • 6:18:54pm

re: #161 teleskiguy

Going to ski it sometime soon?

Belafon  May 9, 2019 • 6:21:57pm
DangerMan  May 9, 2019 • 6:23:32pm

The Vicious Babushka  May 9, 2019 • 6:24:48pm

re: #164 DangerMan

Fake quote.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  May 9, 2019 • 6:25:25pm

re: #165 The Vicious Babushka

Fake quote.

I was just going to say, was Faux News even around in 1998?

DangerMan  May 9, 2019 • 6:27:36pm

re: #165 The Vicious Babushka

Fake quote.

Damn

It’s very late here
I’m out

De Kolta Chair  May 9, 2019 • 6:31:46pm
Eclectic Cyborg  May 9, 2019 • 6:33:54pm

re: #166 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

I was just going to say, was Faux News even around in 1998?

Actually, it was. (Launched 1996)

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  May 9, 2019 • 6:34:33pm

re: #169 Eclectic Cyborg

Actually, it was. (Launched 1996)

I knew it was close in that time frame. Thanks for the correction.

teleskiguy  May 9, 2019 • 6:35:02pm

re: #162 Eclectic Cyborg

Going to ski it sometime soon?

Maybe this weekend, I still have a free lift ticket to Arapahoe Basin I need to use. They’re open until next month.

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 9, 2019 • 6:38:57pm
teleskiguy  May 9, 2019 • 6:40:45pm

Fuckface Von Clownstick is retweeting his ball massage specialists.

De Kolta Chair  May 9, 2019 • 6:42:35pm

SPOILER ALERT!

Peter Kuper
William Lewis  May 9, 2019 • 6:44:37pm

Yes. Yes it is.

Inherent contempt
Under this process, the procedure for holding a person in contempt involves only the chamber concerned. Following a contempt citation, the person cited is arrested by the Sergeant-at-Arms for the House or Senate, brought to the floor of the chamber, held to answer charges by the presiding officer, and then subjected to punishment as the chamber may dictate (usually imprisonment for punishment, imprisonment for coersion, or release from the contempt citation).

In Anderson v. Dunn (1821),[1] the Supreme Court of the United States held that Congress’ power to hold someone in contempt was essential to ensure that Congress was “… not exposed to every indignity and interruption that rudeness, caprice, or even conspiracy, may mediate against it.”[1] The historical interpretation that bribery of a senator or representative was considered contempt of Congress has long since been abandoned in favor of criminal statutes. In 1857, Congress enacted a law that made “contempt of Congress” a criminal offense against the United States.[2]

The last time Congress arrested and detained a witness was in 1935.[3]

en.wikipedia.org

Just send the Sgt at Arms over to the AG’s office and see what happens :D

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  May 9, 2019 • 6:44:54pm

re: #174 De Kolta Chair

See also: Nero, fiddles, and Rome.

Charles Johnson  May 9, 2019 • 6:46:23pm
De Kolta Chair  May 9, 2019 • 6:46:26pm

re: #176 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

See also, Dick Cheney for absolutely everything.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  May 9, 2019 • 6:47:35pm

What the actual fuck?

Charles Johnson  May 9, 2019 • 6:51:03pm

re: #179 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

Peyronie’s Disease TV Commercial

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  May 9, 2019 • 6:51:38pm

…You have gotta be fucking KIDDING me.

gocart mozart  May 9, 2019 • 6:53:37pm
De Kolta Chair  May 9, 2019 • 6:54:25pm

History Schmistory

De Kolta Chair  May 9, 2019 • 7:03:01pm

Btw, and this blew my mind this morning, Don of the legendary doo-wop duet Don & Dewey, whom I viddyed above, was the one and only Don “Sugarcane” Harris, famed for his electric violin work with Frank Zappa, Rory Gallagher, John Mayall, and many others.

You learn something groovy everyday.

Youtube Video

*Sorry ‘bout changing the link a couple of times. Looking for a good quality one.

Rightwingconspirator  May 9, 2019 • 7:06:23pm

re: #131 GlutenFreeJesus

To be fair, 1,000 rounds barely lasts me 2 hours of range time.

When the wife and I were shooting competitions like IDPA and Steel Challenge it was ridiculous. I bought a Dillon 1050 reloading machine that could max out at 1000 an hour. Then swap out the toolhead for .40 long from .45 acp. We would co op order bullets from Montane gold. It was by the pallet. But we were all the opposite of hoarders. Competition takes practice, hours per day.

teleskiguy  May 9, 2019 • 7:12:16pm

re: #161 teleskiguy

Damn, the mountains are socked in again. A classic spring weather pattern in Colorado, the ol’ adage of ‘you don’t like the weather, wait a few minutes’ applies big time these days.

De Kolta Chair  May 9, 2019 • 7:16:30pm

re: #185 Unshaken Defiance

Jeebus gave us Trump Mud Flaps© (bankrupt 1983), which is good enough for me.

The Vicious Babushka  May 9, 2019 • 7:18:50pm
De Kolta Chair  May 9, 2019 • 7:23:10pm

re: #8 allegro

Coinkidentally, at a young age Joyce learned Norwegian to read Ibsen in the original, something I srsly doubt she could muster the intellectual labor for.

Rightwingconspirator  May 9, 2019 • 7:24:22pm

So some personal stuff
After 33 years as frontman for a gold refiner and working precious metallurgist, I have been told the refinery will be closed asap. Production has ceased. The boss told the crew, then I went out and walked the shop to give instructions on sale/disposal of everything in a 10,000 sq foot facility with the guys. That about broke my heart. They are the people that helped us make amazing things happen in our little weird metal world. Purple gold, palladium as a new legit jewelry material to replace white gold. Helped shape worldwide standards for white gold. Raised the bar for platinum work.

Since Charles added the ability to add pics and make Pages I have had the chance to share some of the place with LGF. Gave you an insiders look at how jewelry and it’s metals are made. No more from there unless I go do a retrospective session.

On the upside I had job offers fast and opportunities to launch something I can’t get into quite yet. I’m not done yet and already lined up a photo shoot at a shop I have never even seen before that has vintage gear and cache. Wish me good hunting. Change brings peril and opportunity.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  May 9, 2019 • 7:25:45pm

re: #190 Unshaken Defiance

Good luck. Change is hard. Sometimes I think job change is the hardest. Definitely for those who are lucky enough to get to settle into a long-term profession; in IT, you get used to getting shuffled off every few years. My resume is always current.

teleskiguy  May 9, 2019 • 7:27:04pm

re: #188 The Vicious Babushka

And if the water doesn’t do it, you will be steamrolled!

The tweet that got me blocked by Bryan Fischer.

teleskiguy  May 9, 2019 • 7:32:49pm

re: #191 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

in IT, you get used to getting shuffled off every few years.

FPZwpHLL7ySZiIN2TtiDFcLKVpA0GHiFqISnfgnRwfbe/Piulc8psk6GiQLwc2QLj9Z5/PbCE68prFCxUZ6CElpoxf49pf/gCIz+ItANSZg=

Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire  May 9, 2019 • 7:33:55pm

re: #192 teleskiguy

And if the water doesn’t do it, you will be steamrolled!

The tweet that got me blocked by Bryan Fischer.

He blocked me for quoting actual scripture back to him. Like all the pulpit pimps, he can’t stand having the “Lords” word directed back at him. I wonder why? ////

Rightwingconspirator  May 9, 2019 • 7:36:39pm

re: #191 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

Thanks. I think I can skip the ekg this year. if I were close to a heart attack it would have happened last Friday.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  May 9, 2019 • 7:37:19pm

re: #193 teleskiguy

m/tDRGgV0xWkrqrFfLWcA4CjuFC0iPcVtWreIwFaggpVWeX0bWc5swiQ5a8hD7s3u8W+27ZsDATL6kiKyFk9AcbOoZBlptb4623odooJjEqSMGrPVw9LwmkQ8rh9fNJf6Fg8eVNTz9WGnq4XA2AZmB3mGcFItHcAwweGMfPygAbTYNTovI+2lXNxnrc6WMKBFF4BbtzcIDITtHRzFlDIh55Rn+5SzeWk5M+LC1fozY57d0GfjONvcBl2HwgWK1hGNP5lePBOzSmAVjbQkLRozHC+fCgRK3P/B27mtQwwSPDDYGWDiDH0rV0DaUY1RcSyUR+qYhaKJeiGhhjYH0T8bA8hIlsxN3tNKDLo9Rui0Uo=

teleskiguy  May 9, 2019 • 7:39:04pm

re: #190 Unshaken Defiance

Cool shit, your posts about your work, here and once upon a time on Twitter. Your work is specialized, so I’m confident in your future endeavors.

Melting metal and shaping it and stuff, I find that shit impressive.

retired cynic  May 9, 2019 • 7:39:43pm

re: #195 Unshaken Defiance

I hear that. I stressed mine out when it looked like the Illinois River was going to be in my lap. BP has been zipping along ever since, along with as much physical moving stuff around as I can manage. Today it dropped a few inches, and breathing suddenly seemed easier.

I’m due for a stress test in the next couple of weeks. Little do they know….

The Vicious Babushka  May 9, 2019 • 7:39:49pm

re: #191 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

I still get calls from recruiters but I’m going to run out the clock and retire at the end of the year. Ain’t nobody gonna hire a 70 year old coder! (But I have stories I could tell you!)

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  May 9, 2019 • 7:41:12pm

re: #199 The Vicious Babushka

Well, we have hired two lead developers who are as close to retirement as a 70-year-old. To be fair, though, both of them seem to have found their own way off the team in the last 6 months.

Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  May 9, 2019 • 7:41:39pm

If only the kid had been allowed to have an AR-15 or Glock in his backpack…..

This sixth grader wanted to ‘go down fighting’ so he grabbed a bat during a school shooting”It was really chaotic,” the 12-year-old said. “Most of the kids didn’t know what to do.”
Nate said he froze as gunshots shattered a window. A siren rang and someone in his classroom cracked a joke. His teacher shushed the student and moved them behind a desk and then to the closet.
“I had my hand on a metal baseball bat just in case,” Nate told CNN’s Brooke Baldwin. “‘Cause I was gonna go down fighting if I was gonna go down.”

Dread Pirate Union Local 13  May 9, 2019 • 7:41:50pm
Teukka  May 9, 2019 • 7:41:55pm

re: #115 The Vicious Babushka

Here is a video straight from the Legislature of Gilead

retired cynic  May 9, 2019 • 7:42:58pm

re: #201 Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel

If only the kid had been allowed to have an AR-15 or Glock in his backpack…..

That made me want to vomit… No child should be feeling that way!

gocart mozart  May 9, 2019 • 7:44:42pm
Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  May 9, 2019 • 7:45:11pm

re: #204 retired cynic

That made me want to vomit… No child should be feeling that way!

The NRA is a satanic child-sacrifice cult.

teleskiguy  May 9, 2019 • 7:46:29pm

re: #201 Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel

Fucked. Up. Shit. Not normal for a first world country.

retired cynic  May 9, 2019 • 7:47:31pm

re: #206 Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel

The NRA is a satanic child-sacrifice cult.

What made it worse is his father smiling proudly.

The Vicious Babushka  May 9, 2019 • 7:50:43pm
jaunte  May 9, 2019 • 7:55:40pm
retired cynic  May 9, 2019 • 7:56:42pm

She keeps telling truth!

jaunte  May 9, 2019 • 7:58:12pm

Look what our new wetter atmosphere brought us:

Teukka  May 9, 2019 • 7:58:41pm

re: #204 retired cynic

That made me want to vomit… No child should be feeling that way!

re: #207 teleskiguy

Fucked. Up. Shit. Not normal for a first world country.

re: #206 Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel

The NRA is a satanic child-sacrifice cult.

Testify, brothers. TESTIFY \o/

What sickens me is that the parents and NRA are making the kids into nothing more than cannon-fodder. Only good this shit will do is to get kids killed.

Apart from weaponry, you need to be trained in proper tactics, which 12-year olds ain’t.
In a surprise attack situation, the common rule is to tactically retreat to safe positions, knowing the safe positions before hand, get HQ, arty or air support on the horn, and be their eyes on the ground as they perform the counter-attack, failing that, evac discretely. Also, HQ, arty, and/or air support has to be able to attack as fast as possible.
Only engage if you can do so safely and are presented with a clear opportunity, do not go looking for it.

jaunte  May 9, 2019 • 7:59:07pm

I am Uncle Bob, and I’m staying inside.

Teukka  May 9, 2019 • 7:59:53pm

re: #209 The Vicious Babushka

Rightwingconspirator  May 9, 2019 • 8:00:46pm

re: #197 teleskiguy

Thanks, my friend. Your skiing and images from that outdoor beauty have been a pleasure for me whilst lurking. I dropped twitter as a place too messed up to hang. I hope to recapture my photographic muse, kinda dormant since my boss and dear friend died last December. Maybe from pain comes inspiration.

teleskiguy  May 9, 2019 • 8:03:13pm

He’s back!!! Ugh…

jaunte  May 9, 2019 • 8:09:09pm
mmmirele  May 9, 2019 • 8:40:29pm

re: #217 teleskiguy

He’s back!!! Ugh…

You might check…I think he’s blocked you!

John Hughes  May 10, 2019 • 8:12:47am

re: #189 De Kolta Chair

Ahistorical — it was Americans who didn’t count the Irish as “white”.

The English (not “Brits”) just considered them as Irish, which was often much worse than “non-white”.

John Hughes  May 10, 2019 • 8:22:48am

Some of my relatives sent me pictures of giant hailstones, the biggest they’ve ever seen — as big as peas.

In the Ivory Coast.

#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 191014After three weeks of meh pictures and invisible progress, we were determined to have something to photograph today. And we were eager to start on the upper shelf. We were close, but not quite there, and we were determined! To ...
DangerMan
Jack Klatt - Highway Lines (Live at Radio Heartland)Jack Klatt performs 'Highway Lines' from his 2019 album, 'It Ain't The Same,' live in the studio of Radio Heartland at The Current.
Brittany Howard Performing ‘13th Century Metal’ Live on KCRW Brittany Howard's solo debut album Jaime puts her powerhouse vocals on full display. It also takes us front and center to her very personal journey of loss, love and self-discovery. We're thrilled to welcome her back to KCRW to ...
1 week ago
(15) Rodrigo Y Gabriela - Electric Soul (Live on KEXP) kexp.org presents Rodrigo y Gabriela performing "Electric Soul" live in the KEXP gathering space. Recorded July 14, 2019. Host: Stevie ZoomAudio Engineers: Kessiah Gordon & Kevin SuggsAudio Mixer: David MarchantCameras: Jim Beckmann, Alaia D'Alessandro, Luke Knecht & Justin WIlmoreEditor: ...
1 week ago
Fresh Air (Remastered) Quicksilver Messenger Service Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group Fresh Air (Remastered) · Quicksilver Messenger Service Classic Masters ℗ 2001 Capitol Records, LLC Released on: 2007-01-01 Producer: Quicksilver Messenger ServiceStudio Personnel, Mastering Engineer: Robert VosgienComposer: Jesse Oris Farrow Auto-generated by YouTube. ...
1 week ago
Jon Anderson - Song of SevenFrom the 1980 album "Song of Seven".
#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 191006 Today we have to take a few steps back in explanation. The pond is going to have three levels. Sort of an upside down ziggurat. The lowest level, in the center we call ‘the channel’. After the liner is ...
DangerMan
Jon Anderson - Change We MustFrom the 1994 album "Change We Must".
North Mississippi Allstars - ‘Drunk Outdoors’ [Audio Only]From the album 'Up and Rolling,' available October 4, 2019: geni.us
Dr. Demento & John Cafiero - What’s in My Bag? Dr. Demento and John Cafiero go shopping at Amoeba Music in Los Angeles. Check out their picks:Cal Stewart - Uncle Josh's Letter from Home (78) Spike Jones - Ugga Ugga Boo Ugga Boo Boo Ugga (78) Johnny Otis Orchestra ...
2 weeks, 5 days ago