Elise Trouw Plays Everything: “Make Believe” (Live Loop Video)

Music • Views: 24,273

Youtube Video

Written by Elise Trouw and Mighty Mike
Engineered and mixed by Henry Lunetta
Filmed by Mike Ko

Paiste 14” Dark Energy Hi-Hat
Paiste 22” Big Beat Ride
Regal Tip Jazz Series Sticks
Pearl Kick Drum (Vintage)
Pearl Jupiter (Vintage)
Vox Continental
Taylor T5z
Fender Mustang Bass
E.L. Woodworks Ukulele

Telefunken TF47
UE inears
UA Apollo 8p

________________________________

Lost in a booth with the 50s on loop at our table
Our names cut wood and I’m asking what’s good with the waiter

Maple and memories
The best and worst with you
Driven from each other
The best that we could do

Now the walls are quiet
And my phone is silent
Gonna make believe
That you’re here with me
Now my bed is colder
And I miss your shoulder
Gonna make believe
That you’re here with me

Smiling at me through the glass on my screen in a picture
Wonder if you still check up on me when you’re with her

Missed calls and memories
The best and worst with you
Driven from each other
The best that we could do

Now the walls are quiet
And my phone is silent
Gonna make believe
That you’re here with me
Now my bed is colder
And I miss your shoulder
Gonna make believe
That you’re here with me

And a sweetness washes over what has been
Where the bitter ends my love begins
I’ll always be your friend

Now the walls are quiet
And my phone is silent
Gonna make believe
That you’re here with me
Now my bed is colder
And I miss your shoulder
Gonna make believe
That you’re here with me

Charles Johnson  May 19, 2019 • 10:18:01am
Citizen K  May 19, 2019 • 10:22:02am

If only it were that simple.

Unfortunately the OS has too many inherent vulnerabilities that remain unpatched and the firewalls are useless, so….

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 19, 2019 • 10:23:07am
Joe Bacon 🌹  May 19, 2019 • 10:24:30am

Sure wish the Washington Press Corpse would stop kissing Trump’s ass.

Eclectic Cyborg  May 19, 2019 • 10:25:45am

I think a full reformat may be in order at this point.

Citizen K  May 19, 2019 • 10:25:48am

re: #4 Joe Bacon 🌹

Sure wish the Washington Press Corpse would stop kissing Trump’s ass.

The Stockhom Syndrome is too great. They are forever beholden to the party that treats them as literal traitors, because they’ve internalized and accepted the default premise that ‘The GOP is always right and good’.

DangerMan  May 19, 2019 • 10:26:12am

Keys 50k
13th overall
And this

More to come

Feline Fearless Leader  May 19, 2019 • 10:26:26am

I’m sure that the Secret Service has standing orders to seize all film and execute all witnesses if he did something like that.

Otherwise, it’d become bigger than Ford being portrayed as clumsy all the time on SNL.

Eclectic Cyborg  May 19, 2019 • 10:27:02am

I am working on a Father’s Day gift and I’m basically re-using a concept I used for a Christmas gift for my mom a couple of years ago.

Basically, it’s a fictionalized collection of letters I’ve written to my dad over the years. That is to say they aren’t actual letters but representations of letters I could have written him.

The sequence goes something like this:

First letter: On construction paper, done in crayon with stick figures and something like: “I luv u daddy”

Second letter: Plain white paper, still a basic drawing and it reads: “My daddy is awesome, I hang out with him every day!”

Third letter: White and blue lined paper, written in pencil.

Fourth letter: Yellow lined paper, written in pen

Fifth: Formatted to appear as though it was written in an early word processor.

Sixth: More professional looking, written in high school.

Seventh: Written when I graduated college

Eighth: Written two days before I was married

Ninth: Written on my 30th birthday

Tenth: Written in 2019

The brilliance of this is that it does not cost much in terms of supplies (or to mail for that matter) but makes for a really memorable, really personal gift.

retired cynic  May 19, 2019 • 10:27:10am

re: #7 DangerMan

Keys 50k
13th overall
And this

More to come

Good on you!!

jaunte  May 19, 2019 • 10:27:38am

Visual proof his head is filled with gas.

goddamnedfrank  May 19, 2019 • 10:28:04am
Backwoods_Sleuth  May 19, 2019 • 10:29:30am

re: #12 goddamnedfrank

I enjoyed one of the replies this morning: “Colonel Panders”

Eclectic Cyborg  May 19, 2019 • 10:33:26am

Citizen K  May 19, 2019 • 10:34:47am

Also, might as well repost this since it kinda got CL’d at the end of the last thread:

People genuinely seem to not understand how deep Fox’s tentacles actually , and think a single town hall or debate can actually deprogram even passive watchers.

Charles Johnson  May 19, 2019 • 10:35:33am
Citizen K  May 19, 2019 • 10:37:06am

Bad Faith will always get rewarded more than Good Faith in politics though, which is why Ted Cruz remains in good standing somehow, and the NRA keep winning.

goddamnedfrank  May 19, 2019 • 10:39:28am
Eric The Fruit Bat  May 19, 2019 • 10:43:33am

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 19, 2019 • 10:46:55am
Eclectic Cyborg  May 19, 2019 • 10:47:29am

re: #18 goddamnedfrank

Okay, she gets points from me for that. Well played.

Eric The Fruit Bat  May 19, 2019 • 10:48:09am

That will leave a mark (maybe)….

Charles Johnson  May 19, 2019 • 10:51:45am
Backwoods_Sleuth  May 19, 2019 • 10:52:28am
Charles Johnson  May 19, 2019 • 10:52:41am
Belafon  May 19, 2019 • 10:53:02am

And yet, I still want Trump out of office, preferably impeached.

Eric The Fruit Bat  May 19, 2019 • 10:55:26am

And yet, I still want Trump out of office, preferably impeached.

I’d rather see him vapor lock (as Dirty Harry once said) - problem is that we’d be stuck with Pence.

Colère Tueur de Lapin  May 19, 2019 • 10:56:11am

re: #5 Eclectic Cyborg

I think a full reformat may be in order at this point.

Drills through the platters and new drives. The new OS needs to have the ancestor and gun worship subroutines disabled, too.

Belafon  May 19, 2019 • 10:56:50am

re: #27 Eric The Fruit Bat

We’d be stuck with Pence my way as well, but we have set the bar at least a little bit off the ground for the rule of law.

Colère Tueur de Lapin  May 19, 2019 • 10:57:17am

re: #7 DangerMan

Those lizards are awesome. I have a trio (lg, med, and sm) of them wandering down a wall.

austin_blue  May 19, 2019 • 10:57:21am

re: #28 Colère Tueur de Lapin

Sadly, I think they wayyyyy down in the BIOS.

Belafon  May 19, 2019 • 10:58:09am

re: #31 austin_blue

Sadly, I think they wayyyyy down in the BIOS.

I think we need to virtualize the system so we can swap hardware easier.

Eric The Fruit Bat  May 19, 2019 • 11:00:02am
I think we need to virtualize the system so we can swap hardware easier.

Problem is that now you have virtual machine attacks in addition to OS attacks.

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 19, 2019 • 11:04:33am

Compare the back of Jill’s jacket to that “I don’t care” garbage that melanoma wore.

TedStriker  May 19, 2019 • 11:06:48am

re: #17 Citizen K

It’s simple: since time immemorial, people would rather be lied to if it means the alternative is something that they don’t like or don’t want to hear.

It’s always going to be an uphill battle against that, but it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try; to the contrary, we should fight like hell, because a lot of people depend on us to.

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 19, 2019 • 11:09:27am

re: #22 Eric The Fruit Bat

That will leave a mark (maybe)….

Dave Barnhart is a Methodist minister in Birmingham, Ala.

Eric The Fruit Bat  May 19, 2019 • 11:16:26am

Methodist

Game, set, match (as evangelicals keep score)

Belafon  May 19, 2019 • 11:26:14am

I have to tell you the story of yesterday.

I’ve mentioned that the 16th, Thursday, was our 25th anniversary, so I wanted to do a surprise party for my wife. The plan was us to be out of the house from about 12:30 to 5pm to meet our oldest son, who had a layover at DFW, giving my parents and friends time to decorate. As far as my wife knew, we were returning home to feed the dogs before meeting friends and family at a restaurant.

Well, we had a massive storm come through the Metroplex. In the morning, I was at the Rockwall Founders Day Festival working in CERT (the festival would later get completely canceled). While I’m there, I get a text from my wife stating that the flight had been canceled. Crap! She’s supposed to come pick me up in half an hour, and we were supposed to head west, so there would be time to decorate.

What am I going to do? People’s immediate suggestion is the movies. But we’ve aready seen all the movies we would want to see. So, I’m thinking through this frantically. Part of the problem of living on the east side of the Metroplex is that everything we would want to do is west, through the storm. After some hits and misses, I convince her (a little) that we should go to lunch in Dallas and go to the aquarium.

At this point, though, I’m worried that we’re still not going to be gone long enough. But this is where the storm becomes a mixed blessing. We ate at Tutta’s pizza, and while we were there, the storm hit. And it poured. I was expecting to stay there about an hour, we were there for 1.5 and only left because it slowed down enough for me to run and get the car. When I get my wife, though, she starts talking about how we should just go to Half Price Books instead. I finally, after some discussions (and me driving), convinced her to not go to the book store. So we went around to the aquarium, and ended up having to sit in the car while it’s raining and, at one point, hailing. That took about another half an hour. Finally, it slowed down enough that we got into the aquarium.

Now, I’m at the point where we’ve used up all of the free time. We only had about 1.5 hours to spend there before we needed to get back. I think we missed one or two things, but saw some really interesting things, and ended up leaving a little late. So we finally head back home “to feed the dogs before meeting everyone for dinner” and get there at 5:15. And she was surprised. She never found out beforehand even though lots of people knew. And having friends over to talk worked out great.

Teukka  May 19, 2019 • 11:28:18am

For you lizardim who travel by air, the basics of go-arounds :)

Why Aircraft ABORT landings?!

Belafon  May 19, 2019 • 11:30:25am

re: #39 Teukka

For you lizardim who travel by air, the basics of go-arounds :)

They shouldn’t be allowed to. Has anyone thought about the airport’s feeling?

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 19, 2019 • 11:31:48am

They shouldn’t be allowed to. Has anyone thought about the airport’s feeling?

Really, especially if the plane has been hijacked. They have rights, too!!!

Teukka  May 19, 2019 • 11:34:29am

They shouldn’t be allowed to. Has anyone thought about the airport’s feeling?

re: #41 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Really, especially if the plane has been hijacked. They have rights, too!!!

Well, airports usually prefer no accidents, or only one accident at a time… Tower calling go-around:

BAW38 G YMMM B777 Crash RNW27L

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 19, 2019 • 11:58:23am

you sound worried, bro…you worried?

Charles Johnson  May 19, 2019 • 11:58:28am
Mescalero  May 19, 2019 • 12:01:21pm

re: #7 DangerMan

Congrats.
I’ll throw up for you.

Jay C  May 19, 2019 • 12:01:29pm

re: #27 Eric The Fruit Bat

Though probably not for very long. As iffy as Trump’s reelection chances may be, I can’t really see that a President Pence (especially if he has to take office in the backwash of a nasty impeachment/resignation/indictment scandal) is going to be able to rally the Deplorables like their idol Donny)

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 19, 2019 • 12:03:56pm

re: #46 Jay C

No, he is the payoff to the Christian Right for supporting Donny. They do not overlap 1:1 with the deplorables.

Eric The Fruit Bat  May 19, 2019 • 12:11:04pm

Spiking an SAR should be grounds for termination of everyone who was involved in the spike - and it puts the organization at risk of having their US banking charter revoked (which in Deutsche Bank’s case, would be a blessing, rather than the curse they are now dealing with.)

SAR’s are the banking equivalent to “If you see something, say something”. Every bank employee, whether they deal with customers or not, gets this drilled into them.

Something tells me Deutsche Bank isn’t long for this world - especially since their proposed merger with Commerzbank was called off.

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 19, 2019 • 12:14:25pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  May 19, 2019 • 12:17:04pm
HappyWarrior  May 19, 2019 • 12:18:01pm

Whoa.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 19, 2019 • 12:18:47pm

A cannon from the Spanish Armada ship, La Trinidad Valencera, which sunk off the Donegal coast on the 12th of September 1588

Which sank.

Maybe because the helmsman was drank…

allegro  May 19, 2019 • 12:23:44pm
allegro  May 19, 2019 • 12:24:28pm

I ***need*** to rub that tummy.

Patricia Kayden  May 19, 2019 • 12:28:09pm
Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 19, 2019 • 12:30:18pm

re: #55 Patricia Kayden

It isn’t just the number of children. It’s that they don’t even know.

This was done malevolently and intentionally for the deterrent effect.

allegro  May 19, 2019 • 12:32:59pm

re: #56 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

This was done malevolently and intentionally for the deterrent effect because they’re sadistic assholes.

I swear at this point I think that is the sole aim and purpose.

Old Liberal  May 19, 2019 • 12:34:20pm

re: #56 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

This was done malevolently and intentionally for the deterrent effect.

Yes someone ordered that no records be kept. Evil people.

retired cynic  May 19, 2019 • 12:35:25pm

#SuspendTrump From Twitter and Facebook

Juanita Jean is pushing this. Of course, we know it won’t go anywhere, but…

Think about it - if Twitter and Facebook would just cut off his accounts, Trump would be forced to communicate like all other president’s in US history, by talking to the press and speaking from the WH in official form, not Tweeting from the toilet during one of his rampages. Think of how much more peaceful life would be for millions of Americans if we could just silence the son of a bitch on social media.

William Lewis  May 19, 2019 • 12:36:55pm

re: #58 Old Liberal

Yes someone ordered that no records be kept. Evil people.

Of course. Their records were why we successfully prosecuted the last set of Nazi scum. Miller is making sure that they aren’t making that mistake again.

sagehen  May 19, 2019 • 12:37:42pm

re: #57 allegro

I swear at this point I think that is the sole aim and purpose.

That’s only part of the aim and purpose.

It’s also to provide a bunch of “adoptable” kids to Betsy DeVos’ friends’ “godly” adoption agencies. When those kids reach the age of 18, there’ll be a class action lawsuit against the US Gov’t for this hideous violation of all their rights.

Dread Pirate Union Local 13  May 19, 2019 • 12:43:41pm
retired cynic  May 19, 2019 • 12:44:55pm

Trump Is Making Good on His Promise to Investigate His Enemies

In retrospect, the debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton on October 9, 2016 brought us one of the most important moments of the presidential campaign.

Trump announced that if he was elected president, he would instruct his attorney general to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Clinton. That statement rang alarm bells for anyone with a glimmer of understanding about how our justice system is supposed to work. The idea that a president could instruct his attorney general to investigate a political opponent is anathema to those who value our democratic norms.

Nancy LeTourneau, Washington Monthly

Old Liberal  May 19, 2019 • 12:52:22pm

re: #60 William Lewis

“Mistakes were made”

Joe Bacon 🌹  May 19, 2019 • 12:54:48pm

re: #63 retired cynic

I fully expect Barr to get multiple indictments against Hillary and Bill Clinton.

PhillyPretzel  May 19, 2019 • 12:55:50pm

re: #65 Joe Bacon 🌹

Since that is what DT wants Barr will deliver.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 19, 2019 • 12:56:56pm

re: #65 Joe Bacon 🌹

and the report will be released in full without redactions

retired cynic  May 19, 2019 • 1:06:53pm

re: #66 PhillyPretzel

Since that is what DT wants Barr will deliver.

Unless we can impeach the SOB first. Both SOBs.

Belafon  May 19, 2019 • 1:13:42pm

re: #52 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Which sank.

Maybe because the helmsman was drank…

I love fights over grammar: grammarphobia.com

Both “sank” and “sunk” are accepted for the past tense of “sink” in American English. The two are listed, in that order, as equal variants in The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language (5th ed.), Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary (11th ed.), and Webster’s New World College Dictionary (4th ed.).

So it’s correct to say either “the boat sank” or “the boat sunk.” The past participle is “sunk,” as in “the boat has sunk” or “the boat was sunk.”

But in modern English, both “sank” and “sunk” have appeared as past tenses, and “sunk” may even have been preferred in literary usage. Here’s Dickens, for example: ” ‘Cold punch,’ murmured Mr. Pickwick, as he sunk to sleep again” (The Pickwick Papers, 1836).

The usage can be found in the Bible (1611): “The stone sunke into his forehead.” And here it is in Sir William Jones’s poem Seven Fountains (1767): “The light bark, and all the airy crew, / Sunk like a mist beneath the briny dew.”

“Sunk” was used by Addison and Steele in the Spectator in the 18th century, and by Sir Walter Scott in the 19th.

Interesting Times  May 19, 2019 • 1:21:32pm

This is why I desperately hope he DOESN’T get the nomination (and I don’t buy the argument that he’d get significant support from so-called “swing voters.” We all saw how well the “suburban GOPers will flock to us!” thinking worked in 2016):

Belafon  May 19, 2019 • 1:21:46pm
A hollow voice says, Inpeach...  May 19, 2019 • 1:23:07pm

re: #65 Joe Bacon 🌹

They’ve been trying and failing for years. What has changed?

retired cynic  May 19, 2019 • 1:24:38pm

re: #72 A hollow voice says, Inpeach…

They’ve been trying and failing for years. What has changed?

The AG

Interesting Times  May 19, 2019 • 1:26:53pm

re: #72 A hollow voice says, Inpeach…

They’ve been trying and failing for years. What has changed?

A majority of white voters in the states with EC privilege hate brown people/liberals more than they love America.

A hollow voice says, Inpeach...  May 19, 2019 • 1:27:08pm

re: #73 retired cynic

The AG

Who is not a court, a judge or a jury.

retired cynic  May 19, 2019 • 1:27:25pm
Belafon  May 19, 2019 • 1:28:17pm

re: #74 Interesting Times

Which describes the House and Senate in 2015.

Eclectic Cyborg  May 19, 2019 • 1:28:25pm

re: #75 A hollow voice says, Inpeach…

Who is not a court, a judge or a jury.

No but he holds considerable sway for all three.

Joe Bacon 🌹  May 19, 2019 • 1:29:02pm

re: #72 A hollow voice says, Inpeach…

They’ve been trying and failing for years. What has changed?

Barr.

A hollow voice says, Inpeach...  May 19, 2019 • 1:29:24pm

re: #74 Interesting Times

How does that produce indictments?

(I am now done with this thread. This was my weekly attempt to point out that you’re being nearly as silly as RWNJ conspiracy theorists.)

Skip Intro  May 19, 2019 • 1:29:58pm

re: #75 A hollow voice says, Inpeach…

Who is not a court, a judge or a jury.

Are you seriously saying that the AG can’t get an indictment on anyone he chooses? What happened to this site?

Belafon  May 19, 2019 • 1:31:15pm

re: #81 Skip Intro

How often has the US AG put up an indictment? Serious question.

Skip Intro  May 19, 2019 • 1:32:04pm

How often has the US AG put up an indictment? Serious question.

How often has the AG been the presiden’t personal attorney. Serious question.

retired cynic  May 19, 2019 • 1:32:10pm

How often has the US AG put up an indictment? Serious question.

That is WAY over my head…

Charles Johnson  May 19, 2019 • 1:32:24pm
jaunte  May 19, 2019 • 1:34:54pm

Always an opening bluster, never an endgame.

Eclectic Cyborg  May 19, 2019 • 1:36:00pm

This is because he has idiots telling him we can wipe Iran off the map quickly.

jaunte  May 19, 2019 • 1:36:22pm

Just look at how ended North Korea is.

Dave In Austin  May 19, 2019 • 1:38:50pm

You know,
He really really want to use a nuke or 2.

Just to say he did.

Skip Intro  May 19, 2019 • 1:38:52pm

Always an opening bluster, never an endgame.

IQ45’s been busy today. Personally attacking a GOP congressman and threatening to turn Iran to glass. But we can reason with this guy and his administration. If we could only get him to obey our subpoenas, obey the law, and follow the rules.

uriel  May 19, 2019 • 1:39:47pm

re: #80 A hollow voice says, Inpeach…

Well, to be fair, this is a similar reaction I got from a lot of people the day after the election when I said Roe v Wade was finished. You know, limits of executive power, Stare Decisis, 70% support it, blah blah.

Yet, here we are.

Which is to say, I don’t think we’re playing under the old rules anymore.

Belafon  May 19, 2019 • 1:41:40pm

re: #83 Skip Intro

How often has the AG been the presiden’t personal attorney. Serious question.

The US AG isn’t like most AG, though. They argue one case in front of the Supreme Court, mostly for symbolic purposes. He can direct lower attorney’s to find information to indict her on, but they have to actually, you know, find that information.

Charles Johnson  May 19, 2019 • 1:43:16pm
jaunte  May 19, 2019 • 1:43:21pm

Starting a war with Iran is a great way to increase the price of Russian oil and gas.

Interesting Times  May 19, 2019 • 1:43:28pm

Which describes the House and Senate in 2015.

Not sure what you’re getting at, because the House and Senate in 2015 were in GOPer hands. And given the unprecedented - and unpunished - lawlessness we’re seeing now (defying subpoenas, etc), it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see the Barr DoJ harass the president’s “enemies” as much as they can.

Old Liberal  May 19, 2019 • 1:44:28pm

Maybe “super secret sealed indictments “ is the optic they go for.

Skip Intro  May 19, 2019 • 1:45:42pm

As uriel says above, those were the old rules. There are no rules now, just what Trump wants. If Trump wants it, Barr will find a way to get it done. He certainly won’t be a voice of reason, like Jeff Sessions (I can’t believe I just typed that) was.

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 19, 2019 • 1:48:34pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  May 19, 2019 • 1:50:54pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  May 19, 2019 • 1:58:47pm
Citizen K  May 19, 2019 • 2:06:17pm

‘We have lost Australia for now,’ warns climate scientist in wake of election upset

The unexpected victory of conservatives in Australia’s election Saturday is bad news for the future of global climate action, warn climate experts.

Polls had suggested that the Labor Party, which supports strong climate action, held a narrow lead in recent days. But in the end, Prime Minister Scott Morrison won re-election as his Liberal Party (which is actually conservative) swept to victory.

“Australians elected someone who once brought a lump of coal into Parliament urging us to dismiss the warnings from climate scientists, and to dig up more coal instead,” Professor Stephan Lewandowsky, an Australian cognitive scientist, told ThinkProgress in an email. “There is little doubt that his government will do precisely that.”

“We have lost Australia for now,” warned Penn State climatologist Michael Mann in an email. “A coalition of a small number of bad actors now threaten the survivability of our species,” he said.

And again, the majority of the reaction seems to be jubilation and spite toward anyone who actually supported climate action or treating immigrants and refugees like people.

Australia is firmly in the company of the US and the UK in nigh total collapse to the right-wing at this point. Fan-fucking-tastic. So hopeful for the future of the world.

Joe Bacon 🌹  May 19, 2019 • 2:16:04pm

I get another FUCK YOU from Trump.

Kaiser just e-mailed me a bill for $350.00 for my doctor visits, X-rays and blood draws.

So nice to know that as of 1/1/19, OPM allows FEHBP plans to charge an increased copayment for services rendered…to dissuade excessive use…

gocart mozart  May 19, 2019 • 2:16:49pm
PhillyPretzel  May 19, 2019 • 2:22:36pm

Just got a new keyboard. And it appears to be working. Good.

Colère Tueur de Lapin  May 19, 2019 • 2:30:02pm

re: #104 PhillyPretzel

Just got a nw kyboard. And it appars to be working. Good.

Hmmmm.

PhillyPretzel  May 19, 2019 • 2:30:35pm

re: #105 Colère Tueur de Lapin

lol.

Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  May 19, 2019 • 2:32:13pm

Went over to Free Republic to keep up with the RWNJs (and possibly to reinforce my battered sense of superiority).
Pete Buttigieg seems to have replaced Jussie Smollett and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez as the rent-free tenant of what passes for their minds, giving free rein to every homophobic slur and slander known to commercialized hate speech. He appears in no less than 15 titles over the last 48 hours. I think this possibly exceeds AOC’s record, even accounting for all the variations in the form of her name. Smollett, of course, is still the reigning champion. This reflects the importance they attribute to him in the Democratic political hierarchy.

Dave In Austin  May 19, 2019 • 2:32:16pm

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 19, 2019 • 2:37:32pm

he seems upset…

PhillyPretzel  May 19, 2019 • 2:40:30pm

Alfred E. Newman would make a better President than DT. I know Alfred E. Newman is fictitious.

Joe Bacon 🌹  May 19, 2019 • 2:41:16pm

re: #110 PhillyPretzel

Mr. Hankey or Towelee would make better Presidents that His Ass Holeyness.

Stanley Sea  May 19, 2019 • 2:41:32pm
Eclectic Cyborg  May 19, 2019 • 2:44:53pm

re: #112 Stanley Sea

One is about a group of vicious, corrupt and morally bankrupt people vying for absolute control of a devastated world.

The other of course, is Game of Thrones.

PhillyPretzel  May 19, 2019 • 2:46:08pm

re: #113 Eclectic Cyborg

Push Game of Thrones. Pity Downton Abbey is not on. :)

Les Mis finale on this evening. Hmm. DT has some stiff competition.

Belafon  May 19, 2019 • 2:50:15pm

re: #112 Stanley Sea

HAHAHA

Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  May 19, 2019 • 2:51:54pm

he seems upset…

Is Cheeto taking cues from RWNJ posters (see #107) or do they take their cues from him? I guess it’s a chicken and egg question or perhaps horse and shit. The analogy fails though, since a road apple cannot hatch into a horse. This means that the horse is first, ie the Buttigieg obsession is coming down from the top in one way or another.

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 19, 2019 • 2:55:10pm
Decatur Deb  May 19, 2019 • 2:55:41pm

Jobs coming back to Bethlehem PA. Master Blaster’s license required.

Martin Tower in Bethlehem is razed to the ground

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 19, 2019 • 2:57:51pm
PhillyPretzel  May 19, 2019 • 3:00:32pm

re: #118 Decatur Deb

That reminds me of when the Sears building was imploded in NE Philly. :(

sagehen  May 19, 2019 • 3:01:45pm

re: #114 PhillyPretzel

Push Game of Thrones. Pity Downton Abbey is not on. :)

Les Mis finale on this evening. Hmm. DT has some stiff competition.

Also Red Line finale… and American Idol finale…

Decatur Deb  May 19, 2019 • 3:04:00pm

re: #120 PhillyPretzel

That reminds me of when the Sears building was imploded in NE Philly. :(

Giving US business a level playing field.

plansbandc  May 19, 2019 • 3:18:33pm

Damn.

plansbandc  May 19, 2019 • 3:34:04pm

So the war criminals he’s busy pardoning? Are they going to be the leaders of his secret police?

steve_davis  May 19, 2019 • 3:38:28pm

re: #114 PhillyPretzel

Push Game of Thrones. Pity Downton Abbey is not on. :)

Les Mis finale on this evening. Hmm. DT has some stiff competition.

dvr les mis. there are no spoilers involved there.

Decatur Deb  May 19, 2019 • 3:41:44pm

re: #125 steve_davis

dvr les mis. there are no spoilers involved there.

It’s the GRR Martin rewrite.

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  May 19, 2019 • 3:42:36pm
FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  May 19, 2019 • 3:46:00pm
FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  May 19, 2019 • 3:50:33pm

Is there a department in the Executive branch where it’s leadership has not violated the laws and regulations that governs it?

Had to share this from the replies

wrenchwench  May 19, 2019 • 3:52:17pm
FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  May 19, 2019 • 3:52:26pm
Colère Tueur de Lapin  May 19, 2019 • 3:59:30pm

re: #129 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

… as well as the installation of an $8,000 dishwasher in the office kitchen, the Government Accountability Office found.

My office kitchen (FDA) has donated (by us) microwaves, coffee makers, and toasters because reasons.

plansbandc  May 19, 2019 • 4:00:12pm
Eclectic Cyborg  May 19, 2019 • 4:02:14pm

re: #129 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

My wife has permission to kick me in the nuts if I
ever spend $31 000 on a dining room set.

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  May 19, 2019 • 4:02:34pm

re: #132 Colère Tueur de Lapin

The thing is, he has access to discretionary funds. He just spent to much. I can’t remember if it’s $1,500 or $5,000 he can freely spend on a purchase on his office’s discretion

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 19, 2019 • 4:04:53pm
Colère Tueur de Lapin  May 19, 2019 • 4:06:03pm

re: #135 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

Yeah, I know. And the various secretaries should have that, but fuck all. $8000 for a DISHWASHER?

Feline Fearless Leader  May 19, 2019 • 4:08:52pm

re: #137 Colère Tueur de Lapin

Special washer to not tarnish the silver plates and specially buff the gold inlays.

(Though if it was something for a large cafeteria or something; e.g. industrial then the price might be up in that region.)

Ace Rothstein  May 19, 2019 • 4:09:05pm

re: #101 Citizen K

PhillyPretzel  May 19, 2019 • 4:10:56pm

re: #134 Eclectic Cyborg

Psst. Baker Furniture can go that high if not higher. I am sure Ethan Allen can go that high too.

Ace Rothstein  May 19, 2019 • 4:11:06pm

He will use the AUMF. That same thing that Rep. Barbara Lee warned us about back in 2001 with the only dissenting vote.

Patricia Kayden  May 19, 2019 • 4:11:41pm
Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  May 19, 2019 • 4:23:06pm

Haven’t had a boob thread in a while.

Breastfeeding mother “squirted her boob” at woman who complained.

A mother breastfeeding in public allegedly ‘squirted her boob’ at a woman who told her to move somewhere private.

The incident is said to have happened in a park in Dartford, Kent this week and was later reported on a local Facebook forum.

The post states: ‘To the lady in Dartford park who thought it was appropriate to breastfeed her baby whist my child and very easily distracted husband sat nearby.

‘I don’t think it was necessary for you to react the way you did just because I asked you to go somewhere private, telling me to f*** off and squirting me with your boobs was incredibly uncalled for. I hope you are ashamed of yourself!’

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 19, 2019 • 4:24:18pm

re: #143 Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel

Haven’t a boob thread in a while.

Breastfeeding mother “squirted her boob” at woman who complained.

whinger needs learn how to deal with her “easily distracted husband”…

The Vicious Babushka  May 19, 2019 • 4:30:16pm

Isn’t this, like, the definition of the “Anti Christ”? Asking for a friend. About 7 billion friends.

gocart mozart  May 19, 2019 • 4:32:24pm

The original

Catch-22 - Trailer

plansbandc  May 19, 2019 • 4:44:04pm
PhillyPretzel  May 19, 2019 • 4:48:27pm

re: #148 plansbandc

That was beautiful. Thanks. :)

Rocky-in-Connecticut  May 19, 2019 • 4:49:19pm

re: #146 The Vicious Babushka

No matter how much radioactive material is thrown up into the sky Jesus is not coming back.

I wish these Evangelical assholes could get that through their thick, dumb as rocks skulls.

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 19, 2019 • 4:57:43pm
Feline Fearless Leader  May 19, 2019 • 4:59:25pm

Henri 2, Paw de Deux

The Vicious Babushka  May 19, 2019 • 4:59:42pm

Why does Trump always stand like he’s about to fall over?

Dread Pirate Union Local 13  May 19, 2019 • 5:07:27pm
steve_davis  May 19, 2019 • 5:08:07pm

This is from yesterday’s discussion, where I mentioned how much better I found this than the 1977 version:

Sentimental Lady

Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  May 19, 2019 • 5:21:06pm

Huh?
Kentucky Lawmakers Propose Bizarre Ban on Tattooing Over Scars, but Won’t Explain Why

Kentucky health officials are proposing a ban on the practice of tattooing over scars, along with numerous other regulations for the industry. The new restriction is hidden deep within a lengthy bill that focuses specifically on the tattoo industry. It is not clear why lawmakers felt that this particular detail was important to include.

Anyone know about this?
Keloid scarring can cause complications with tattooing but the condition is rare and tattoo artists are already on the lookout for it.
In a state with a full scale replica of Noah’s Ark, a funda-nut connection would not surprise me but I don’t know what it would be.

Colère Tueur de Lapin  May 19, 2019 • 5:31:35pm

re: #156 Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel

Huh?

Prevent the covering of any 666 scars to make IDing the Antichrist easier?

goddamnedfrank  May 19, 2019 • 5:34:00pm
TedStriker  May 19, 2019 • 5:35:48pm

re: #155 steve_davis

Video

To me, either version of the song is good, but this version has the added cachet of being Welch’s original with Fleetwood Mac.

I’ll be honest, I’m not really up on early Mac, though I do absolutely love “Hypnotized” (also with Welch); like most people, I’m much more familiar with the “classic” Mac catalog with Nicks and Buckingham.

Youtube Video

gocart mozart  May 19, 2019 • 5:37:43pm
gocart mozart  May 19, 2019 • 5:38:23pm
Colère Tueur de Lapin  May 19, 2019 • 5:41:18pm

re: #158 goddamnedfrank

Yup, she filled the jars incorrectly and decided that taking a sharpie to the canisters was the easiest method of fixing the problem.

gocart mozart  May 19, 2019 • 5:41:24pm
geosherman  May 19, 2019 • 5:46:28pm

re: #76 retired cynic

thank you! I feel like I am a part of the LGF family!

Feline Fearless Leader  May 19, 2019 • 5:49:40pm

re: #158 goddamnedfrank

She’s (or her husband) is lousy at making both?

“If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.” - Abraham Lincoln

plansbandc  May 19, 2019 • 5:54:33pm

re: #155 steve_davis

Love it! Going to put Bare Trees on my walk list. And what do you know? Another fantastic album from 1972. What a year.

The Vicious Babushka  May 19, 2019 • 6:00:42pm

Motown!

Belafon  May 19, 2019 • 6:08:12pm
gocart mozart  May 19, 2019 • 6:08:12pm
The Vicious Babushka  May 19, 2019 • 6:10:30pm

Where is everybody? Watching Game of Thrones finale?

Amory Blaine  May 19, 2019 • 6:11:43pm

I’m at work.

teleskiguy  May 19, 2019 • 6:11:45pm
plansbandc  May 19, 2019 • 6:12:04pm

re: #171 The Vicious Babushka

Not me. Watching Idol. LOL

Belafon  May 19, 2019 • 6:12:43pm

re: #171 The Vicious Babushka

Where is everybody? Watching Game of Thrones finale?

Things on TV happening/happened today:
GoT end
Star vs. the Forces of Evil end
Les Mis end
Call the Midwife season finale.

A Mom Anon  May 19, 2019 • 6:13:25pm

re: #171 The Vicious Babushka

I’m chilling after working in the yard all afternoon. I’m finally making progress out there. Yipes.

A hollow voice says, Inpeach...  May 19, 2019 • 6:28:14pm

re: #171 The Vicious Babushka

Just made the bed (I let it air out on Sundays), now thinking about dinner

By the way, the Laura Ingalls Wilder biography, Prairie Fires, is on sale (the ebook) for $1.99. I still recommend it highly.

(The “libertarian” part of the book amounts to about five pages out of 500.)

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  May 19, 2019 • 6:33:31pm

Trumpism is a communicable disease:

European elections 2019: Views from centre of England

Retired builder Robert McGann, who is out walking his Staffordshire bull terriers Bruce and Mr Blue Sky, thinks the handling of Brexit could have an impact on voter turnout.

“A lot of people are not going to vote because of what they [the government] have put us through,” says the 66-year-old.

“I will be voting for whatever party that sides with [Nigel] Farage, and yet I’ve always voted Conservative, but now I can’t because they are all back-stabbing each other.

“They are like kids in the playground.”

Mr McGann voted to leave the EU but believes the country has been “short-changed” by the government.

“I’m going to be voting for Farage; he is the only one that’s got any bottle. He should never have dropped out of politics. He was the only truthful one.

The Brexiteers ran a dirty campaign for Brexit, full of what was lies (and that was clear even before the Brexit election.)

Yet here is a guy in what is the equivalent of our “fly over country”, thinking Farage is the “only truthful one”.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  May 19, 2019 • 6:35:53pm

And that story is yet another one run by mainstream media, whereby a big deal is made out of the obvious. In this case, someone who voted for Brexit… ends up voting for the most vocal pro-Brexit candidate… as if that is some big revelation.

Decatur Deb  May 19, 2019 • 6:41:56pm

re: #171 The Vicious Babushka

Where is everybody? Watching Game of Thrones finale?

On the porch, drinking wine. No moon tonight.

makeitstop  May 19, 2019 • 6:47:03pm

re: #180 Decatur Deb

On the porch, drinking wine. No moon tonight.

Watching Bucks-Raptors. 12 seconds left in OT, still tied.

calochortus  May 19, 2019 • 6:49:22pm

re: #171 The Vicious Babushka

Where is everybody? Watching Game of Thrones finale?

Nope. Just finished dinner. Settling in with whatever is on PBS before Call the Midwife comes on. (Not crazy about this season, but it’s the finale, so we’ll see it through. Presumably dear old Gran’s trial for being an abortionist.)
Certainly won’t be watch the Trump interview.

Decatur Deb  May 19, 2019 • 6:49:25pm

re: #168 The Vicious Babushka

First girl group to break #1 on the Top 40. Death chant of the 1950s.

The Shirelles Will you still love me tomorrow (Top Quality + Lyrics)

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  May 19, 2019 • 6:51:36pm

It appears we are planning that our future wars will be in swampy areas:

Darpa wants to genetically engineer soldiers’ skin bacteria to protect them from mosquitoes

Dave In Austin  May 19, 2019 • 6:56:21pm

re: #184 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

It appears we are planning that our future wars will be in swampy areas:

They can do that??

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  May 19, 2019 • 6:57:51pm

Whale Found Stranded In Rodeo Died Of Malnutrition

A gray whale that was stranded in Rodeo last week died as a result of malnutrition, according to scientists at the Marine Mammal Center.

During a necropsy of the 41-foot adult female, researchers noted the whale had a significant lack of blubber and body fat, signs of malnutrition.

This year, researchers have observed gray whales in poor condition during the whales’ annual migration.

According to the Marine Mammal Center, the whales’ poor condition is potentially attributed to abnormal oceanographic conditions over the past few years that is impacting the whales’ food source.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  May 19, 2019 • 6:59:02pm

re: #186 Dave In Austin

They can do that??

By “that” do you mean plan war?

Our wars do not happen by accident.

Oh… you mean genetically engineer bacteria…

Chrysicat  May 19, 2019 • 6:59:06pm
Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  May 19, 2019 • 7:01:36pm

Israeli West Bank Archaeological Digs Must Not Be Made Public, Top Court Rules

Supreme Court rejects NGOs petition, arguing that publishing information publicly could expose archaeologists to academic boycott and undermine Israel’s position in future diplomatic negotiations

Are they afraid that finding something might weaken Israel’s case??

Decatur Deb  May 19, 2019 • 7:01:48pm

re: #186 Dave In Austin

They can do that??

They invented cat memes. They can do anything.

Dave In Austin  May 19, 2019 • 7:03:08pm

re: #188 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

Make mosquitoes not bite you…. Interesting article. It’s modifying the bacteria that lives ON your skin.

calochortus  May 19, 2019 • 7:04:32pm

re: #187 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

Whale Found Stranded In Rodeo Died Of Malnutrition

Perhaps it should be pointed out that Rodeo is a town. The whale was not participating in bull riding or calf roping activities.

teleskiguy  May 19, 2019 • 7:05:58pm

Haven’t seen a single episode, but I can’t avoid it on Twitter *at all.* Sounds like the series finale isn’t sticking the landing. #GameOfThrones

Dave In Austin  May 19, 2019 • 7:05:58pm

My friend in AZ has seen an increase in military aircraft activities today. I’ve seen more helicopters and a few gunships today in CenTex. Anyone else?

Decatur Deb  May 19, 2019 • 7:06:36pm

re: #196 Dave In Austin

Jade Helm ‘19

Teukka  May 19, 2019 • 7:07:42pm

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  May 19, 2019 • 7:10:18pm

re: #184 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

It appears we are planning that our future wars will be in swampy areas:

Or, places with ponds, streams and rivers. You know, basically Earth

So, not against Space Pirates

Dave In Austin  May 19, 2019 • 7:11:52pm
calochortus  May 19, 2019 • 7:21:19pm

re: #198 Teukka

Interesting piece from “On the Media” about the woman behind the “heartbeat” bills.

Spoiler: She also pushed “gay conversion therapy” and is an all around nutcase. But apparently a fairly effective nutcase.

Chrysicat  May 19, 2019 • 7:26:06pm

re: #189 Chrysicat

Oops, wrong link.

Here, have the right one:

The Vicious Babushka  May 19, 2019 • 7:29:04pm

So how did Game of Thrones end?

1. They were all in a snow globe
2. Everybody was dead the whole time
3. The dragons burn everything and then the meteor wipes them out
4. It was all a Renaissance Faire and then everybody went home and took off their costumes & showered & went to work the next day

Amory Blaine  May 19, 2019 • 7:33:24pm

re: #187 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

Poor thing, if found on Rodeo I wonder if it had an eating disorder.

Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  May 19, 2019 • 7:39:02pm

re: #200 Dave In Austin

Hmmm
rooballs.com

Yikes! Their kangaroo scrotum bottle opener would be in impossibly poor taste even if were fake, but it’s REAL.

Amory Blaine  May 19, 2019 • 7:40:18pm

Hmm, b.d hasn’t been around in a while.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  May 19, 2019 • 7:43:48pm

re: #199 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

Or, places with ponds, streams and rivers. You know, basically Earth

Our recent wars have been mostly fought in arid places, outright deserts often, where mosquitoes are not really a thing.

We are planning for wars in 1) Central America, and 2) South Asian and SE Asia.

Teukka  May 19, 2019 • 7:47:06pm

re: #202 calochortus

Must … not … extrapolate … must … not … extrapolate … must … not … extrapolate … must … not … extrapolate … must … not … extrapolate …

goddamnedfrank  May 19, 2019 • 7:54:25pm

Fuck yes!

Amory Blaine  May 19, 2019 • 7:59:59pm

re: #210 Amory Blaine

MsJ too.

retired cynic  May 19, 2019 • 8:00:28pm

re: #216 Amory Blaine

Isn’t she on a trip to Europe?

Amory Blaine  May 19, 2019 • 8:00:45pm

re: #215 goddamnedfrank

Pod save America rocks.

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  May 19, 2019 • 8:01:04pm

re: #211 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

We are planning for wars in 1) Central America, and 2) South Asian and SE Asia.

Mosquitoes thrive along the Euphrates river In Iraq, where most of the humans are, thus most of the fighting. And, in Northern Iraq & Eastern Syria. They can also be found in most of Afghanistan.
Basically, the only place without mosquitoes is Iceland.
Oh, and Disney World

Amory Blaine  May 19, 2019 • 8:01:40pm

re: #217 retired cynic

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  May 19, 2019 • 8:08:05pm

re: #219 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

Yes, I know that mosquitoes are found in the river valleys. Yet that is still the minority of our positioning in war.

In both Gulf Wars, many US troops were in the desert areas. Only some fighting was in the river flood basins.

Yes there are mosquitoes most anywhere, but the problem for humans is when they are numerous. For example, one reason I live in San Diego is because there are so few mosquitoes, which always seem to like me when I was growing up in fly-over country (where there is plenty of water in the summer.)

There are not many cases of malaria in Iraq:
emro.who.int

We are preparing to fight wars in Central America and South Asia in the rest of the 21st century.

Dr Lizardo  May 19, 2019 • 8:08:33pm

This seems like a big developing story regarding consumer tech.

Following the US crackdown on Chinese technology companies, Google has cut off Huawei’s Android license, dealing a huge blow to the besieged phonemaker. Reuters first reported the news, and The Verge subsequently confirmed Google’s suspension of business with Huawei with a source familiar with the matter.

Reached for comment, a Google spokesperson said only “We are complying with the order and reviewing the implications.” The order, in this case, appears to be the US Commerce Department’s recent decision to place Huawei on the “Entity List,” which as Reuters reports is a list of companies that are unable to buy technology from US companies without government approval.

Speaking to Reuters, a Google spokesperson confirmed that “Google Play and the security protections from Google Play Protect will continue to function on existing Huawei devices.” So while existing Huawei phones around the world won’t be immediately impacted by the decision, the future of updates for those phones as well as any new phones Huawei would produce remains in question.

Huawei is now restricted to using the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), cutting the company off from critical Google apps and services that consumers outside of China expect on Android devices. That also means Huawei will only be able to push security updates for Android once they’re made available in AOSP, assuming the company uses its own update system. It’s not clear yet how this will affect the full range of Android integrations that Huawei depends on, but we will update this story when we receive additional clarification about the impacts of Google’s decision.

theverge.com

I honestly don’t know about the US, but in my little corner of the world, Huawei phones are big sellers - they’re very popular here in the Czech Republic.

gocart mozart  May 19, 2019 • 8:09:57pm
Belafon  May 19, 2019 • 8:25:25pm

re: #223 Dr Lizardo

This seems like a big developing story regarding consumer tech.

theverge.com

As someone who’s dealt with import/export regulations on this stuff, there really isn’t anything Google could do unless you decide that companies are above the law.

gocart mozart  May 19, 2019 • 8:27:42pm
Dread Pirate Union Local 13  May 19, 2019 • 8:29:17pm

I saw this headline.

30 Percent of Illegal Aliens Suspected of Faking Family Ties Were Unrelated, DNA Tests Show

I thought it should be reworded for accuracy.

70 Percent of the people the government accuses of faking family ties were related, DNA tests show.

Belafon  May 19, 2019 • 8:31:33pm

re: #228 Dread Pirate Union Local 13

I saw this headline.

I thought it should be reworded for accuracy.

70% of husbands and wives were related?!! //

Belafon  May 19, 2019 • 8:32:12pm

I saw this quote “People will vote if there is something worth voting for.” And my response: “Then they should be mature enough to realize there’s plenty of things worth voting for.”

Dr Lizardo  May 19, 2019 • 8:41:20pm

Of course, and in that light, Google’s move is entirely understandable. But I’m curious as to this will affect consumers; as I said, I don’t know about how well Huawei devices sell in the US, but here at least, it’s phenomenal. Huawei has positioned itself here as an affordable alternative to Samsung and Apple - the latter having especially eye-watering prices, far beyond the reach of the average Czech consumer.

Chrysicat  May 19, 2019 • 8:46:19pm

re: #232 Dr Lizardo

Huawei has not made very many inroads to the US at all that I’m aware of. The Android ecosystem here is basically Samsung, LG and OnePlus. There hasn’t even been a Google Nexus in 4 years, though the high-end one was about the last popular Huawei handset in the US.

Dr Lizardo  May 19, 2019 • 8:48:51pm

re: #233 Chrysicat

Ah, OK. That’s what I was wondering about in regards to the US.

Of course, this decision will have global ramifications.

sagehen  May 19, 2019 • 9:36:10pm

re: #185 gocart mozart

Sounds kinda like Jethro Tull.

Jealous of the Birds - ‘Blue Eyes’ (Live at WFUV)wfuv.org • Follow @wfuv: ow.ly Jealous of the Birds performs "Blue Eyes" live in Studio A. Recorded 5/13/19. Host: Russ BorrisAudio: Jim O'HaraCameras: Brian Gallagher, Nora Doyle, Jeffrey Pelayo, and Thomas KoenigEditor: Jim O'Hara
Bruce Springsteen - Sleepy Joe’s Café (Lyrics)"Sleepy Joe's Café" track five on Springsteen's nineteenth studio album Western Stars
Regina Spektor - ‘Blue Lips’ (Live at WFUV)wfuv.org • Follow @wfuv: ow.ly Regina Spektor performs "Blue Lips" live in Studio A. Recorded 5/22/19. Host: Alisa AliAudio: Jim O'HaraCameras: Kay Kurkierwicz and Thomas KoenigEditor: Thomas Koenig
Outta My Head — Pomplamoose / Khalid Come see Nataly preform with Inara at Largo on June 18: bit.ly Save this song on Spotify: spoti.fiBecome a patron of our music (to vote on the songs we cover and get merch and stuff like that): patreon.com A ...
The Raconteurs - ‘Bored and Razed’ (Lyric Video) Lyric video for The Raconteurs “Bored and Razed" from their forthcoming album HELP US STRANGER – out June 21st. Listen to "Bored and Razed" here: theraconteurs.lnk.to Pre-order & pre-save the upcoming album HELP US STRANGER here: theraconteurs.lnk.to HELP US ...
SERGIO MENDES & BRASIL’66 - the LOOK of LOVEComposed by Burt Bacharach and Hal David and sung by Dusty Springfield, which appeared in the 1967 James Bond film Casino Royale.
Jeremy HuntWhen his name was mispronounced live on the BBC one morning we all had a good giggle, that first time, and then it takes a while to become funny again but we have done it: metro.co.uk
Dom
1 week ago
Los Coast - ‘The Morning Weight’ [Live]The new album Samsara is available June 14: geni.us
Suppressing the Press in Australia Dept: Police Launch Second Raid on the Media in 24 Hours The ABC's headquarters in Ultimo have been raided by federal police, with the broadcaster's manager describing it as a "worry" for press freedom. It's the second federal police raid on journalists in 24 hours, officers spending seven hours yesterday ...
An Ode to the ColonAnd paean sounded too renal-ish. Ok, maybe more homage. We take our bodies for granted - oh yes we do. All of us. All the things they do and are supposed to do. All the systems and subsystems, pieces, parts, ...
DangerMan