Jacob Collier’s Latest: A Mind-Blowing Trip Down Moon River [VIDEO]

Music • Views: 24,161

YouTube

Hundreds upon hundreds of Jacob Colliers join together in harmony to bring you an acapella rendition of Moon River, composed by Henry Mancini & Johnny Mercer in 1960.

Listen to ‘Moon River’ ➡ lnk.to

Mooooon Contributors:

Suzie Collier, Sophie Collier, Ella Collier, Ben Bloomberg, Herbie Hancock, Quincy Jones, Eric Whitacre, Hans Zimmer, Steve Vai, Ty Dolla $ign, Chris Martin, Charlie Puth, Lianne La Havas, Tori Kelly, David Crosby, Chris Thile, Daniel Caesar, Kimbra, Laura Mvula, MARO, Cory Henry, dodie, Becca Stevens, Jack Conte, Nataly Dawn, Oumou Sangare, Jules Buckley, Jamie Cullum, Tank, Beardyman, Genevieve Artadi, Sam Wilkes, Greg Phillinganes, Michael League, Hamid El Kasri, Avery Wilson, Jojo, Jonah Nilsson, Tom Misch, Darwin Deez, June Lee, Kathryn Tickell, Merrill Garbus, Nikki Yanofsky, Sam Amidon, Alvin Chea, Claude McKnight, Mark Kibble, Khristian Dentley, David Thomas, Joel Kibble, Andrea Haines, El Cockerham, Blake Morgan, Barney Smith, Chris Wardle, Jonathan Pacey, Rob Clark, Sam Dressel, Barak Schmool, Pedro Martins, Jake Sherman, Jonathan Dove, Brian Mayton, Fred Harris, Nicola Hadley, Steve Mulligan, Clyde Lawrence, Gracie Lawrence, Sumner Becker, Jordan Cohen, Thomas Gould, Gareth Lockrane, Gwilym Simcock, Jason Rebello, James Maddren, Nick Smart, Pete Churchill, Tom Cawley, Umar Hossain, Mischa Stevens, Jose Ortega, Claudio Somigli, Alessandro Melchior, Christian Euman, Rob Mullarkey, Adam Fell, Michael LaTorre, Michael Peha, James Wright, Noah Simon, Matthew Celia, Rocky Borders, Josh Helfferich, Robert Watts, Ewa Zbyszynska, Arend Liefkes, Jasper van Rosmalen, Murk Jiskoot, Ruben Margarita, Aleigha Durand, Allayna O’Quinn, André Smith, Asya Bookal, Briana Marshall, Catherina Lagredelle, Celine Sylvester, Chad Lupoe, Chesroleeysia B, Cleavon Davis, Cole Henry, Danielle Cornwall, Haley Flemons, Holland Sampson, Jason Max Ferdinand, Jourdan Bardo, JP Scavella, Kashaé Whyte, Keviez Wilson, Kobe Brown, Kristin Hall, Leonard Brown, Lincoln Liburd, Louis Cleare, Maia Foster, Malik George, Malik McHayle, Marissa Wright, Matthew Cordner, Mykel Inez, Naomi Parchment, Natrickie Louissaint, Patricia Williams, Roddley Point-du-Jour, Samella Carryl, Terell Francis-Clarke, Zaren Bennett

jacobcollier.com
facebook.com
instagram.com
twitter.com

lightsailvr.com

© Hajanga Records

prairiefire  Jun 14, 2019 • 8:45:39pm

Anyone else think we will only be rid of Trump by the methodical gears and wheels of our election system? I think “the public” is getting bored with him.

Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  Jun 14, 2019 • 8:45:43pm
Charles Johnson  Jun 14, 2019 • 8:45:50pm

This video has destroyed me. I am dead now.

Mattand  Jun 14, 2019 • 8:49:11pm

This video has destroyed me. I am dead now.

Dibs on your guitars.

Eclectic Cyborg  Jun 14, 2019 • 8:49:41pm

May be the unpopular opinion around here but I have tried and tried and I just can’t get in to Jacob Collier.

He’s amazingly talented no doubt, but he just doesn’t do it for me.

Belafon  Jun 14, 2019 • 8:54:05pm

re: #5 Eclectic Cyborg

He’s amazingly talented no doubt, but he just doesn’t do it for me.

I lake Jacob. I don’t really care for music that is written just to prove how fast you can play.

stpaulbear  Jun 14, 2019 • 9:03:07pm

Yeah, but Jacob does the same thing with arrangements. To me, it’s overcooked. I’m with EC.

danarchy  Jun 14, 2019 • 9:27:40pm

re: #7 stpaulbear

Same, I kinda like his stuff, but lately it just seems more gimmicky and experimental to show what he can do and less about making good music.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 14, 2019 • 9:44:50pm

Dread Pirate  Jun 14, 2019 • 9:55:35pm
Dread Pirate  Jun 14, 2019 • 10:08:53pm
Targetpractice  Jun 14, 2019 • 10:26:23pm

re: #10 Dread Pirate

They’re going to do as they’ve been doing for years: Press it to the last minute, then use the “crisis” to push for cuts and concessions that they could not otherwise extract. In other words, we’re months away from another hostage crisis.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 14, 2019 • 10:57:24pm

re: #12 Targetpractice

Which is why I’m putting as much cash as possible into my savings account because I know another shutdown is coming on October 1st. And this time Trump will let it drag on for a long time because he wants to force Federal employees to quit.

Dread Pirate  Jun 14, 2019 • 11:05:22pm

They call it NAFTA up there.

A hollow voice says, Inpeach...  Jun 14, 2019 • 11:13:19pm

re: #13 Joe Bacon 🌹

Remember the TSA. After the last time, they know their power.

Dread Pirate  Jun 14, 2019 • 11:37:53pm
Dread Pirate  Jun 14, 2019 • 11:45:04pm

Fake news.

Dread Pirate  Jun 14, 2019 • 11:48:13pm
Hecuba's daughter  Jun 14, 2019 • 11:53:29pm

re: #16 Dread Pirate

If Iran won’t change its behavior, we should sink its navy

Bret’s one word of caution ..
“The Iranians categorically deny responsibility. And the Trump administration has credibility issues, to put it mildly, which is one reason why electing a compulsive prevaricator to the presidency is dangerous to national security.”

But then he dives headlong into his desire to strike at Iran..

Bret - Bret - Bret —- So close, but you just cannot surrender your neocon ways, can you?

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 15, 2019 • 12:01:38am

re: #10 Dread Pirate

HAS WASHINGTON LEARNED NOTHING? … Months after the longest shutdown in history:

The GOP has learned that they can sell this all as Democrat obstructionism and the press will duly report it.

Targetpractice  Jun 15, 2019 • 12:21:00am

re: #16 Dread Pirate

I don’t think Bret and other warhawks quite understand that such petulant actions like sinking Iran’s navy or attacking nuclear research sites or whatever else they think will force Tehran to heel will pretty much kill any future hopes of peaceful relations with the Iranian people. If anything, they have every reason to accelerate their nuclear research now, given how often Donny takes time out of his very busy TV-watching schedule to suck Kim’s dick.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 15, 2019 • 12:25:40am

re: #21 Targetpractice

They do not want peaceful relations with Iran.

Targetpractice  Jun 15, 2019 • 12:29:14am

re: #22 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

They do not want peaceful relations with Iran.

They do, just on their terms. By which I mean if they can’t force “regime change” through outside pressure, then they’ll just kick in the door, arrest/kill those in charge, and appoint their own puppets.

After all, it’s been working for the US since the Spanish-American War, it’s bound to work this time…right?/////

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 15, 2019 • 12:31:17am

re: #23 Targetpractice

Whenever there was an internal movement in Iran to bring about regime change, the US upped its interference, playing directly into the hands of the ruling party. That was entirely intentional.

Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  Jun 15, 2019 • 4:20:29am

It’s a day ending in Y, so Lubbock’s Mr. Conservative is on a rampage.

Facebook Post

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 15, 2019 • 4:23:47am

re: #16 Dread Pirate

Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  Jun 15, 2019 • 4:30:44am

So, little Frank really does worship Putin.

Franklin Graham: ‘I think God was behind the last election’

steve_davis  Jun 15, 2019 • 4:33:34am

re: #25 Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel

It’s a day ending in Y, so Lubbock’s Mr. Conservative is on a rampage.

give him credit. he thinks only some Democrats want no criminals to be punished. Little does he know!!!

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 15, 2019 • 4:35:53am

re: #25 Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel

Evil persons who end up on death row would vote for Democrats if given the chance. The relatives and friends of murderers, rapists, and other criminals also vote for Democrats. This is the primary reason Democrats oppose capital punishment, and some Democrats oppose prison time for any crime

“I want to see Trump in prison.”

(but not for a crime, just because I am a political witch hunter)

jeffreyw  Jun 15, 2019 • 4:50:13am

Good morning!

HappyWarrior  Jun 15, 2019 • 4:55:36am

It’s the lack of understanding what war does. My late grandfather resented men like Dick Cheney in the lead up to Iraq not because Cheney got a deferment but because men like Cheney and Stephens don’t ever consider the consequences of warfare. But yeah nothing stopped Bret from going to Afghanistan or Iraq as a younger man just like nothing stopped Mitt Romney from going to Vietnam, a war bs supported and whose draft he marched in support of. I will always loathe Romney for that and then saying his asshole sons were serving by working on his campaign. Trump and his sons act the same way.

HappyWarrior  Jun 15, 2019 • 4:56:14am

re: #25 Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel

It’s a day ending in Y, so Lubbock’s Mr. Conservative is on a rampage.

You’re an idiot May. Go play in traffic.

HappyWarrior  Jun 15, 2019 • 4:57:52am

re: #28 steve_davis

I’d gladly see right wing grift babies like him and Trump in prison. Pot users? Yeah guilty. I don’t want them in jail and I don’t want executing people because I live in the 21st century where criminal justice isn’t based on revenge and getting hard watching people die.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 15, 2019 • 5:01:19am

It is a part of RW Doctrine that Democrats want open borders so terrorists, drug dealers and rapists can flood our country.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 15, 2019 • 5:05:49am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 15, 2019 • 5:06:23am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 15, 2019 • 5:10:14am
Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 15, 2019 • 5:12:44am

This man is in spitting distance of becoming Prime Minister and he doesn’t even understand how capos work

at least he is not holding a banjo

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 15, 2019 • 5:14:04am
DangerMan  Jun 15, 2019 • 5:29:08am
Although Trump promised during his campaign that he would separate himself from his family business, he reneged on that pledge immediately afterward. He continues to profit from the various buildings, golf courses and hotels that the Trump Organization owns while maintaining control through his adult sons.

How much he personally profits from such visits is unclear because he also reneged on his promise to release his tax returns.

If Trump winds up playing golf at Doral, it will become the eighth of his own properties he will have played at since taking office — despite promising that he would be too busy to take vacations of any kind as president

Oh why do I bother

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 15, 2019 • 5:30:52am

re: #40 DangerMan

Oh why do I bother

Really, along with asking oneself; what if Obama had/had not done such a thing?

DangerMan  Jun 15, 2019 • 5:35:25am

re: #41 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Really, along with asking oneself; what if Obama had/had not done such a thing?

We know
Cause he didn’t
there’s 8 years of evidence

DangerMan  Jun 15, 2019 • 5:41:06am

As to Sanders leaving, I’ll repeat someone else’s comment ” I won’t believe she’s leaving until I hear her deny it with her own lips”

Old Liberal  Jun 15, 2019 • 5:46:16am

re: #33 HappyWarrior

I have never understood why dying is worse than 50 years in prison with no hope of release. If it was me I’d prefer to be dead. It’s like feeding rage, not punishing someone.

Old Liberal  Jun 15, 2019 • 5:48:57am

re: #34 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

This and other “doctrines” were carefully crafted by people like Luntz, Rick Wilson, George Will. Now the monster they inevitably created offends them.

Eventual Carrion  Jun 15, 2019 • 5:49:07am

re: #38 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

at least he is not holding a banjo

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 15, 2019 • 5:50:22am

A banjo player has his son turned over his lap and is about to spank him.

The guitarist asks him why.

“He de-tuned one of my strings and he won’t tell me which one!”

HappyWarrior  Jun 15, 2019 • 5:50:27am

re: #44 Old Liberal

I find the 50 years tougher. Plus I don’t believe the DP is a deterrent and I don’t think the state should be killing people.

sagehen  Jun 15, 2019 • 6:01:45am

My biggest problem with the death penalty is sometimes we get the wrong guy.

Of the four thousand some-odd death penalties handed down since the Supreme Court reinstated it in the 70’s… more than 100 people off death row have been fully exonerated, DNA and all. That’s 2.5%.

There’s undoubtedly more innocents than that still sitting on death row; people whose convictions didn’t rely on biological evidence, or the evidence wasn’t preserved well enough to be still testable. And there’s people who were already executed, or they died of old age, so no one’s even looking at their cases.

The only way to be sure of never executing an innocent… is to never execute anybody.

Old Liberal  Jun 15, 2019 • 6:09:40am

re: #49 sagehen

My biggest problem with the death penalty is sometimes we get the wrong guy.

I agree. I’m simply saying that when people say “I’m generally against the death penalty but in this case……” they are attempting to discharge their rage by killing someone but it doesn’t actually punish the person more than a life sentence. To me, it is like punching a wall to discharge rage. Understandable but ill-advised and pointless.

Belafon  Jun 15, 2019 • 6:22:53am
Belafon  Jun 15, 2019 • 6:23:01am
Belafon  Jun 15, 2019 • 6:28:18am

There is a mountain in Nevada that had been named Jeff Davis Peak by white people. It has now been changed to reflect the Native American name, Doso Doyabi: dailykos.com

Belafon  Jun 15, 2019 • 6:30:25am

re: #50 Old Liberal

I don’t believe the death penalty adds any more to the deterrant that being in prison adds. The only reason for using the death penalty is to completely remove the person from life, under the possibility that they are too dangerous to be alive. I can only think of a couple of cases where that is true, but considering how flawed the people administering the system are, I am against it overall. We just build better boxes to put them in.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 15, 2019 • 6:34:47am

So it seems they named it after Jeff Davis back in the 1850’s, before he turned traitor…This is slightly different than erecting a statue to intimidate blacks and Civil Rights activists, but few people will worry about the name change beyond the usual “we are erasing history” whiners.

A hollow voice says, Inpeach...  Jun 15, 2019 • 6:35:39am

re: #50 Old Liberal

Whereas I am not opposed in principle to the death penalty in all cases, but the way it’s administered makes me as fervent an opponent as anyone.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 15, 2019 • 6:39:37am

re: #56 A hollow voice says, Inpeach…

Prosecuting Attorneys come to see the number of successful death penalty convictions as a sign of how efficiently they are working.

Colère Tueur de Lapin  Jun 15, 2019 • 6:43:42am

re: #44 Old Liberal

Very much, this.

Old Liberal  Jun 15, 2019 • 6:46:40am

re: #57 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

So I kill a cop who has on his record three questionable shootings that killed unarmed “suspects “. Automatic death penalty. But I kill a Nobel winning cancer scientist and not automatic. It’s bullshit all the way down

Colère Tueur de Lapin  Jun 15, 2019 • 7:42:37am

re: #59 Old Liberal

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head on the disparity and injustice of of the death penalty. And that doesn’t even get into the racial aspects of its employment.

danarchy  Jun 15, 2019 • 7:55:23am

Ok, this is just messed up, Syfy is making a horror movie based on Hanna Barbera’s Banana Splits.

The Banana Splits Movie - Official Trailer | SYFY WIRE

Decatur Deb  Jun 15, 2019 • 8:01:29am

re: #57 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Then we have our local DA, recently-retired buddy of Jefferson Beaurgard Sessions. He makes a good bookend for our Klannish Chief of Police:

“Despite a population of only 100,000, the county currently has 18 people on its death row. As of January 1, 2013, its death row ranked 30th in size among all counties in the United States, even though it was less than one-quarter the size of any other county in the top thirty, and two-thirds of those counties had populations of more than one million. Valeska served as Houston County’s district attorney for three decades until his retirement in January 2017, obtaining more than a dozen death sentences during that period.”

deathpenaltyinfo.org

stpaulbear  Jun 15, 2019 • 8:14:55am

re: #38 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

at least he is not holding a banjo

If the Velvet Underground had had a banjo…

The Monks - Oh, How to Do Now

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 15, 2019 • 8:16:19am

Took a look at the local paper back home. Article about Trump still hasn’t reimbursed the School Board for the rally he held at my high school in 2016. Trump stiffs them out of $43,500 that he promised.

Reaction of the towns zombies interviewed, “We are proud of our President”…”God’s man”…”We’re respected in the world again”…”He’s getting the mills running again”…

Glad I left Pennsylvania for good in 1982 and I’ll never set foot there again.

Jay C  Jun 15, 2019 • 8:31:07am

re: #64 Joe Bacon 🌹

“He’s getting the mills running again”

O RLY? Any local “mills” actually “running”? Or any specific ones? Or is this just another zombie meme they get off the Trump-bumper RW media?

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 15, 2019 • 8:32:24am

re: #65 Jay C

“He’s getting the mills running again”

Trump promised and he always delivers…

VaughnIAM  Jun 15, 2019 • 8:41:55am

Jonesboro, AR paper had an article this morning that Hucka Boo Boo may run for Governor of Arkansas in 2022.

HappyWarrior  Jun 15, 2019 • 8:43:25am

re: #67 VaughnIAM

Well it’s the one state where she could win.

stpaulbear  Jun 15, 2019 • 8:48:30am

re: #67 VaughnIAM

That could actually be entertaining to watch from not-Arkansas. I wonder how much voters will enjoy her browbeating and snide contempt.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 15, 2019 • 8:49:54am

re: #69 stpaulbear

For them, she is channeling the Voice of God

Belafon  Jun 15, 2019 • 8:54:18am

re: #70 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

For them, she is channeling the Voice of God

It will be interesting to see if she’s masculine enough for them.

Eclectic Cyborg  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:01:06am

It will be interesting to see if she’s masculine enough for them.

I think this would be the main reason some Conservative Arkansans might not vote for her.

Colère Tueur de Lapin  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:02:12am

re: #69 stpaulbear

Yeah, pretty sur3 that is a hard-wired thing with her and she won’t be able to keep it under wraps during a campaign. Now, would that be enough to turn off a die (R) is another question.

Ace Rothstein  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:12:47am

The easiest way to avoid a war with Iran is for Congress to pass a 15% war tax applicable to everyone, and then require a minimum of two years of mandatory military service of every single young man and woman one month removed of their high school graduations with zero exceptions.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:15:29am

re: #74 Ace Rothstein

and those who cannot serve in the military due to health reasons would be required to do at least two years of national service in some other capacity.

Ace Rothstein  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:19:33am

re: #75 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

100% correct. And there will be no money borrowed to fund this or any other wars. If my grandparents had to sacrifice for our freedom, then so do we.

retired cynic  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:19:41am

Erik Wemble: George Stephanopoulos is filleting President Trump, clip by clip WaPo opinion piece

What was especially interesting to me is how furious Fox News was about DT spending time with Stephanopoulos. Breaking the Brand!!

Old Liberal  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:20:56am

re: #74 Ace Rothstein

One might think you are opposed to imperial wars meant to enrich the wealthy while stripping the general population of wealth. You might also be opposed to killing thousands of innocent people and creating refugees which we then treat with disdain. Not to mention recruiting new groups of terrorists.

Ace Rothstein  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:21:00am

re: #77 retired cynic

Has that interview been broadcast in its entirety yet, or is that tomorrow?

retired cynic  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:24:39am

re: #79 Ace Rothstein

I don’t know. I don’t have a tv; just read!

Ace Rothstein  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:25:20am

re: #78 Old Liberal

At Astros games during the middle of the third inning they honor a veteran or veterans for their service. It always varies, one night it could be someone from WW2, or someone that just recently came back from Afghanistan. Anyway, the other night I noticed that it’s now sponsored by Occidental Petroleum. I shook my head in disgust. “Promoting freedom by sending your sons and daughters (but never ours, of course!) to die in battle so that we can get tax cuts and run up our stock prices through buybacks.” It’s a fucking disgrace.

Eclectic Cyborg  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:33:20am

re: #81 Ace Rothstein

There are all kinds of oddball contradictions like that when it comes to sports sponsorships.

Old Liberal  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:41:45am

re: #82 Eclectic Cyborg

They’re not really contradictions because they’re all about money. For rich people. Any nonsense combination in furtherance of wealth is the heart of american capitalism

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:43:02am

moron

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:45:18am
Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:50:51am

re: #82 Eclectic Cyborg

Sports are supposed to appeal to our Core Values; fair play and pursuit of excellence.

And that is what pisses me off all the more when one sees how they are twisted by professional sports and their unholy alliances with universities and local governments.

And don’t even get me going about the NFL and the National Anthem…

stpaulbear  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:51:36am

He sounds sooo desperate.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:52:04am

When your cheese order arrives and you unwittingly grin from lobe to lobe. Isle of Mull, Blue Murder, Hebridean Blue, Blacksticks and Fat Cow (possibly the best name for a cheese I’ve ever heard).

and to think that I grew up on American single-wrapped slices and Velveeta…

Eclectic Cyborg  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:52:38am

re: #87 stpaulbear

He sounds sooo desperate.

That’s because he is.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:55:41am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:58:36am
Eclectic Cyborg  Jun 15, 2019 • 9:59:45am

re: #86 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

A few of the problems with pro sports:

- Millionaire/Billionaire owners expect local cities to foot the bill for expensive, ginormous new stadiums and threaten to move the team if they don’t get their way.

- A lot of agents are assholes

- There’s a shit ton of corporate money floating around on stadium naming rights, in arena advertising, endorsement deals, TV rights, etc. (Too many cooks in the broth)

- In some sports, teams are more concerned with keeping their players playing than keeping them healthy. Many athletes forgo proper treatment and rehab for injuries as a result.

- For most major sports and teams, even regular season tickets are way the fuck too expensive.

- Concessions are way the fuck too expensive.

- Stadium parking is a bitch (and also expensive).

- Games and seasons keep getting longer because teams want to earn more money and have room for more sponsors, fan fatigue be damned.

- As much as the leagues like to say otherwise, there’s not really parity in most major sports.

I could go on but I think I’ve made the point.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 15, 2019 • 10:02:25am

re: #92 Eclectic Cyborg

A few of the problems with pro sports:

Even the Olympic ideal has been so tainted by national and local interests that I have all but lost interest in everything except Olympic ice hockey and perhaps winter biathlon.

Belafon  Jun 15, 2019 • 10:04:43am

re: #93 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

My son was watching something on the 2024 Olympics in France. They have specifically chosen to use existing stadiums and other infrastructure whenever possible. They’re converting an old theater into the Olympic village.

Eclectic Cyborg  Jun 15, 2019 • 10:06:24am

re: #93 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

I love watching junior hockey in Canada. Tickets are like $18 /game, parking isn’t usually too bad and the atmosphere is fun. Those kids (age 16 - 20) aren’t on multimillion dollar contracts so the owner doesn’t have to charge fans exorbitant rates.

dell*nix  Jun 15, 2019 • 10:23:42am

re: #76 Ace Rothstein

Bring back War Bonds and see how much support you get. Wonder how many laser guided bombs would be paid for.

DangerMan  Jun 15, 2019 • 10:25:57am

Right up there with “the check is in the mail”

“Installation is the reverse of removal”

mmmirele  Jun 15, 2019 • 10:29:59am

re: #88 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

and to think that I grew up on American single-wrapped slices and Velveeta…

My mother thought Velveeta was simply horrible stuff and wouldn’t have it in her house. (I think it reminded her of government cheese and her childhood to be perfectly honest.) I used to go over to a neighbor’s house and the mom would make me cheese sandwiches with Velveeta.

Today, my brother uses it as a base for queso, which he then adds all sorts of ingredients to.

Hecuba's daughter  Jun 15, 2019 • 10:37:27am

re: #96 dell*nix

Middle class and working class citizens might buy the bonds. Rich Republicans, not so much. Of course, some, like Adelson, are so itching for war with Iran, they may be willing to invest their funds in that particular venture.

Eclectic Cyborg  Jun 15, 2019 • 10:38:29am

I still don’t understand what benefits the GOP sees to a war with Iran. Is it really just about dead Muslims and nothing else to them?

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Jun 15, 2019 • 10:39:02am

If I were to tell you all that there’s this video I’ve watched, titled “The Amazing Breast with Dr. Susan Love”, you’d probably think I was peddling… perhaps one of those videos…

But it’s a serious presentation:

The Amazing Breast with Dr. Susan Love

Still, a great title for a Youtube vid.

NO SMOCKING GUN!  Jun 15, 2019 • 10:40:10am

re: #12 Targetpractice

If they threaten to shut the government down again, the Democrats should say “make my day.” Especially if they do it in 2020. Trump’s disapproval still hasn’t completely recovered from the last government shutdown.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Jun 15, 2019 • 10:40:49am

re: #100 Eclectic Cyborg

On my Facebook timeline I’d see memes fly by (courtesy of religious right relatives) proposing the positives of the Crusades and that they are needed again.

So yes, war with Iran fits perfectly with the Trump base.

Eclectic Cyborg  Jun 15, 2019 • 10:41:36am

re: #103 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

Except that the Christians are a wee little bit outnumbered this time.

NO SMOCKING GUN!  Jun 15, 2019 • 10:45:37am

re: #34 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Adopted wholesale from white nationalists, the replacement theory is what the Nazis marching in Charlottesville chanted about.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Jun 15, 2019 • 10:49:53am

Neat little video today from the AMNH:

Cyanobacteria from Pond to Lab - Pondlife, Episode #2

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 15, 2019 • 10:56:07am

re: #105 NO SMOCKING GUN!

good people on both sides

Hecuba's daughter  Jun 15, 2019 • 11:06:20am

re: #105 NO SMOCKING GUN!

I’m all in favor of Mexicans replacing white supremacists!

TedStriker  Jun 15, 2019 • 11:06:38am

re: #100 Eclectic Cyborg

I think most of it is about whipping out America’s swinging dick against a country that can’t bring conventional warfare here to our shores (never mind the prospect for 9/11-style terrorist reprisals by radicalized Iranians, Iranian-Americans, and their sympathizers) that Americans have been conditioned to hate over the past forty years, even as they have no idea why.

The rest is in service to the RR’s endtimes racket.

Hecuba's daughter  Jun 15, 2019 • 11:09:06am

re: #109 TedStriker

I think most of it is about whipping out America’s swinging dick against a country that can’t bring conventional warfare here to American shores (never mind the prospect for 9/11-style terrorist reprisals by radicalized Iranians, Iranian-Americans, and their sympathizers) that Americans have been conditioned to hate over the past forty years.

Far simpler rationale: it’s what MBS and Netanyahu want.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Jun 15, 2019 • 11:11:23am

This event is getting some news coverage today:

Mattand  Jun 15, 2019 • 11:22:25am

re: #100 Eclectic Cyborg

That, and the fantasy of steamrolling into Tehran and taking all their oil.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Jun 15, 2019 • 11:23:04am

So much “science” communication has resorted to click-bait tactics… probably says a lot about our American society, which we already know is stuck in confusion (see Trump.)

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 15, 2019 • 11:23:21am

re: #100 Eclectic Cyborg

Wartime Presidents see a rise in their polling numbers.

That should be clear as (judgement) day

Dr Lizardo  Jun 15, 2019 • 11:29:57am

re: #111 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

I’ve also read that permafrost is thawing at rates climate scientists didn’t anticipate until about 2090 or so.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 15, 2019 • 11:39:01am

re: #115 Dr Lizardo

and releasing lots of methane, which is also a major greenhouse gas

plansbandc  Jun 15, 2019 • 11:40:36am

re: #98 mmmirele

If you add a bit of Velveta to anything with melty cheese, the cheese melts to perfection. I knew a chef who always put a bit of it in mac and cheese no matter the fancy cheese combo.

Dr Lizardo  Jun 15, 2019 • 11:42:29am

re: #116 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

And if I understand my science correctly, creating a positive feedback loop, resulting in a runaway greenhouse effect.

plansbandc  Jun 15, 2019 • 11:42:45am

re: #108 Hecuba’s daughter

I would rather live next to refugees than Republicans.

prairiefire  Jun 15, 2019 • 11:45:40am

re: #119 plansbandc

I would rather live next to refugees than Republicans.

Much better dinners to be invited to!

Eclectic Cyborg  Jun 15, 2019 • 11:52:28am

re: #120 prairiefire

Much better dinners to be invited to!

And maybe Taco Trucks on every corner?

teleskiguy  Jun 15, 2019 • 11:57:26am

Fuckface Von Clownstick just quote tweeted one of the U.K.’s most notorious Islamophobes.

prairiefire  Jun 15, 2019 • 11:59:19am

re: #121 Eclectic Cyborg

Double bonus. We used to have burrito trucks around Union Station during Hemingway’s time at The Star.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Jun 15, 2019 • 12:02:20pm

Also many stories on Lake Erie and property risk due to extremely high lake levels.

The Great Lakes as a whole are at high levels.

They are that way because of increased precipitation in that part of the world.

This is predicted to get worse as the climate warms. Parts of the world will get increased precipitation, and the eastern half of North America is one of those regions.

Because of the outflow of the region, the outflow being Niagara Falls, is a limiting factor, increased precipitation will always lead to higher lake levels.

Now, Niagara Falls is eating away at the bedrock, thus moving the Falls westward: niagaraparks.com

However, even if it is the fastest moving Falls in the world, it will take thousands of years to get far enough west to really shrink the lakes (though when the Falls do get to a certain point, lake levels will drop dramatically.)

teleskiguy  Jun 15, 2019 • 12:06:56pm

In other news in re: America’s Downfall:

Apparently OJ Simpson joined Twitter. @TheRealOJ32

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 15, 2019 • 12:11:24pm
teleskiguy  Jun 15, 2019 • 12:13:34pm

Fuckface Von Clownstick is at his golf club in Virginia. How’s the weather in NoVa? Was he even able to hit the links today? His Twitter feed has been a fucking firehose today.

Old Liberal  Jun 15, 2019 • 12:14:52pm

re: #116 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

and releasing lots of methane, which is also a major greenhouse gas

Methane is worse than CO2 but transforms after 10 years. CO2 stays for many decades

prairiefire  Jun 15, 2019 • 12:15:26pm

Hot tip on how to get invited to dinner at an immigrant family home. Take a gift of flowers over for the grandma, or whichever one is the oldest lady.

Old Liberal  Jun 15, 2019 • 12:16:25pm

re: #122 teleskiguy

Yeah what a hellhole we have hundreds killed every fucking day by guns

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 15, 2019 • 12:17:38pm
Belafon  Jun 15, 2019 • 12:18:28pm

re: #122 teleskiguy

Old Liberal  Jun 15, 2019 • 12:19:12pm

Why isn’t orange asshole charging the Saudis for security… or maybe he is and pocketing it

Belafon  Jun 15, 2019 • 12:21:15pm

Had to fix the tweet. Reload.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 15, 2019 • 12:30:29pm
Teukka  Jun 15, 2019 • 12:40:08pm

re: #116 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

and releasing lots of methane, which is also a major greenhouse gas

Yep. 18x more potent than CO2.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 15, 2019 • 12:57:21pm
makeitstop  Jun 15, 2019 • 1:01:32pm

Tour de force just starts to describe this. That is just stunning.

I wonder how long it took him to do it?

PhillyPretzel  Jun 15, 2019 • 1:02:37pm

OT I just got back from an almost all day journey around Philly. My first stop was a supermarket which was selling a swiffer mop for $7. Then it was to union headquarters to pick up amusement park discount ticket. And then out to King of Prussia Mall for a little enjoyment. On the way back I went into a local gourmet food market to get some goodies for the weekend and the early part of the week.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Jun 15, 2019 • 1:07:29pm

DW new video today… and because everyone loves Iceland with its strangely spelled places and moody skies:

A volcano awakens | DW Documentary

Eclectic Cyborg  Jun 15, 2019 • 1:20:47pm

I hate it when people pick the really wrong time to turn things political. A conservative friend of mine posted a picture of himself holding his newly born granddaughter (his first ever grandchild) to FB this morning and then had the audacity to add to his post: “Can you believe Liberals would have been okay with killing her just yesterday?”

I had to fight back every urge to let him have it, but come on, why piss all over the joy of a new baby by doing THAT?

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 15, 2019 • 1:22:15pm
makeitstop  Jun 15, 2019 • 1:22:33pm

re: #47 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

A banjo player has his son turned over his lap and is about to spank him.

The guitarist asks him why.

“He de-tuned one of my strings and he won’t tell me which one!”

What’s the best pickup to put on a banjo?

Ford F-150

mmmirele  Jun 15, 2019 • 1:23:15pm

re: #141 Eclectic Cyborg

I’d tell that asshat that my mother nearly died of preeclampsia giving birth to me and you know, sometimes hard decisions have to be made. And then I’d crank out my four letter vocabulary.

I am not in the mood to treat anti-abortion people with kid gloves anymore.

Interesting Times  Jun 15, 2019 • 1:23:51pm

Why the “wait till 2020” tactic is doomed to failure:

(as for what to do about it, enforcing penalties for contempt would be a good start)

Anymouse 🌹  Jun 15, 2019 • 1:25:19pm

The Internet of Things strikes again. Today is probably not a good day to go shopping at Target.

Target cash registers across the US are crashing, creating massive lines of frustrated customers in ‘The Great Target Outage of 2019’

At 2PM Eastern Time, Target cash registers across the United States crashed, causing all sales in stores to stop.

According to one Target employee who reached out to Business Insider, workers were told that the retailer was facing a global cash register outage. Other employees shared similar reports on social media.

This is happening five years to the day of a nationwide outage on June 15, 2014.

Fortunately, we have no Target stores near us, and every retailer here uses stand-alone cash registers (many of them electromechanical), none of which are connected to the Internet.

The article doesn’t say whether this is just people who try to use credit and debit cards (something else you really can’t use here), or everyone.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 15, 2019 • 1:27:07pm

re: #141 Eclectic Cyborg

Conservatives get off on doing that. Nothing gives them more pleasure than smacking someone down!

Anymouse 🌹  Jun 15, 2019 • 1:29:37pm

re: #141 Eclectic Cyborg

You should respond back. When he says “liberals” he is including you in that. By extension, he is accusing you of wanting to “kill a baby yesterday.”

Conservatives tend to can it when they are challenged by someone they personally know (which is why we don’t hear any of that in my town, as they know me personally and don’t wish to insult me to my face).

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Jun 15, 2019 • 1:33:06pm

re: #141 Eclectic Cyborg

On the other hand, he’s the one wanting to exploit his child to further his mindless repetition of defamation. He does not own the high ground here.

Belafon  Jun 15, 2019 • 1:39:24pm

re: #145 Interesting Times

Why the “wait till 2020” tactic is doomed to failure:

Which penalties and what enforcement?

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 15, 2019 • 1:41:55pm

re: #125 teleskiguy

In other news in re: America’s Downfall:

Apparently OJ Simpson joined Twitter. @TheRealOJ32

Thanks for the tip. Added that ass to my block list!

Old Liberal  Jun 15, 2019 • 2:01:59pm

re: #141 Eclectic Cyborg

And republicans will be fine with his granddaughter dying when a fetus turns septic. Oh and forcing her to carry a rape pregnancy and give the rapist parental rights.

Dave In Austin  Jun 15, 2019 • 2:19:06pm

re: #147 Joe Bacon 🌹

All Trump supporters are basically bullies. It seems to be one thing 1/3 of America has in common.

Top Democrat Insists Country Hasn’t Moved on From Mueller House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold NadlerJerrold (Jerry) Lewis NadlerWhy are we permitting federal child abuse at our border? Trump knocks Mueller after deal struck for him to testify House Democrats request briefing on Epstein, Acosta MORE (D-N.Y.) on Sunday ...
Tank and the Bangas - Hot Air Balloons Ft. Alex IsleyMusic video by Tank And The Bangas performing Hot Air Balloons. © 2019 UMG Recordings, Inc. vevo.ly
Fitz and the Tantrums - I Just Wanna Shine (Official Video) Fitz and the Tantrums official video for their new song 'I Just Wanna Shine' from their upcoming album All The Feels - available September 20th on Elektra Records. Pre-order All The Feels today! lnk.to See Fitz and the Tantrums ...
Feel (Feat. Lianne La Havas) - Jacob Collier “Feel (feat Lianne La Havas)” by Jacob Collier [OFFICIAL AUDIO] from Djesse Vol. 2 Lianne La Havas must have one of the most delicious, deep, versatile, scintillating and gorgeous voices on the planet... she has been a fave of ...
Stella Donnelly - Tricks (Live on KEXP)kexp.org presents Stella Donnelly performing "Tricks" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded April 3, 2019. Host: Cheryl WatersAudio Engineer: Kevin SuggsCameras: Jim Beckmann, Alaia D'Alessandro & Justin WilmoreEditor: Justin Wilmore kexp.org stelladonnelly.com
Midnight Blue (Remastered) Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group Midnight Blue (Remastered) · Kenny Burrell Midnight Blue ℗ A Blue Note Records Release; ℗ 1999 Capitol Records LLC Released on: 1999-01-01 Producer: Alfred LionStudio Personnel, Recording Engineer, Mastering Engineer: Rudy Van ...
Wilco - Love Is Everywhere (Beware) Ode to Joy – Wilco’s 11th studio album – will be released Oct. 4, 2019 via dBpm Records. The album features 11 new songs written and produced by Jeff Tweedy and recorded by Wilco at The Loft (Chicago, IL) ...
Orville Peck - Dead of Night (Live on KEXP)kexp.org presents Orville Peck performing "Dead Of Night" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded May 20, 2019. Host: Cheryl WatersAudio Engineer: Kevin SuggsCameras: Jim Beckmann, Alaia D'Alessandro, Scott Holpainen & Justin WilmoreEditor: Jim Beckmann kexp.orgorvillepeck.com
Limited World Feat Caleb Hawley VIDEO get the album → woooong.com smarturl.it Caleb Hawley - lead voxCory Wong - guitar/perc/vox/producerRicky Peterson - B3Cody Fry - wurliMarti Fischer - synth/voxSonny Thompson - bassPetar Janjic - drums*THE HORNHEADS*Michael Nelson - trombone/horn arrangementKenni Holmen - saxSteve Strand - ...
Black Pumas- ‘Colors’Live in Studio 1A on June 21, 2019. Host: Jody DenbergAudio Engineer: Cliff HargroveProducer: Deidre GottCameras: Julia Reihs, Giulia Hjort, Micheal MinasiEdit: Julia Reihs