Mind-Blowing Finger-Style Stunt Guitar From Italian Virtuoso Matteo Mancuso [VIDEO]

Music • Views: 20,799

YouTube

Enjoy this wonderful performance from the brilliant Matteo Mancuso. In this video, part 2 of a 2-part series, Matteo is demonstrating the new THR30II Wireless.

The THR30II Wireless:
The 30-watt Yamaha® THR30II Wireless amplifier brings realistic tube-amp tones and feel to your desktop—and beyond. Yamaha originated the “desktop amplifier” category and the THR30II Wireless takes the concept to new heights. New amp models for electric guitar and bass, mic models for acoustic-electrics, and flat voicings for everything else let you cover any genre. And it’s fully wireless. Play wherever your music takes you with Bluetooth® support, a Line 6® wireless receiver, a built-in rechargeable battery, and stereo line outputs for additional flexibility. A redesigned enclosure with increased bass response and a refreshed look that complements any décor complete the package.

Matteo is playing a Yamaha Revstar RS720BX in Vintage White.

Learn more: yamaha.com

Keep up to date with Yamaha Guitars:

facebook.com
instagram.com
@yamahaguitars
yamahaguitardevelopment.com

Charles Johnson  Dec 14, 2019 • 6:05:20pm

It’s a demo for Yamaha but who cares about the amp.

Charles Johnson  Dec 14, 2019 • 6:06:31pm

I’ve never seen anyone play like this before. This guy is an alien.

Charles Johnson  Dec 14, 2019 • 6:12:19pm
Belafon  Dec 14, 2019 • 6:13:12pm
teleskiguy  Dec 14, 2019 • 6:18:18pm

I’ve seen this happen right in front of me at Crested Butte, back when the North Face surface lift was a detachable single platter (it is now a slower t-bar).

teleskiguy  Dec 14, 2019 • 6:20:16pm

My favorite tune from the record.

Charles Johnson  Dec 14, 2019 • 6:21:50pm

Flickr

Image from the SDASM Curatorial Collection. Note: This material may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.)—Repository: San Diego Air and Space Museum

teleskiguy  Dec 14, 2019 • 6:23:28pm
Charles Johnson  Dec 14, 2019 • 6:24:25pm

Flickr

An extraordinary lunar panorama at Station 4 (Shorty Crater) showing Geologist-Astronaut Harrison H. Schmitt working at the Lunar Roving Vehicle (LRV) during the second Apollo 17 extravehicular activity (EVA-2) at the Taurus-Littrow landing site. This is the area where Schmitt first spotted the orange soil. Shorty Crater is to the right. The peak in the center background is Family Mountain. A portion of South Massif is on the horizon at the left edge.

Image Number: AS17-137-21011
December 12, 1972

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Dec 14, 2019 • 6:31:18pm
The Pie Overlord!  Dec 14, 2019 • 6:32:57pm
The Pie Overlord!  Dec 14, 2019 • 6:48:21pm

This is horrifying.

The Pie Overlord!  Dec 14, 2019 • 6:50:30pm
goddamnedfrank  Dec 14, 2019 • 6:59:01pm
retired cynic  Dec 14, 2019 • 7:06:50pm

re: #14 goddamnedfrank

I bet he didn’t write that one. It’s too good, and besides, he would never remember who she was.

Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  Dec 14, 2019 • 7:07:01pm

Six Texas children have died from flu-related causes this season

The Texas Department of State Health Services has confirmed that six children have died in Texas of flu-related causes since the flu season started at the end of September. Health officials recommend that everyone 6 months old and older get vaccinated now to prevent flu and its potentially devastating effects.

The children ranged in age from under one year to 16 years old. They lived in four of Texas’ eight public health regions. Four of the children were not vaccinated for the current season. Health officials are still gathering information on the other deaths.

NO SMOCKING GUN!  Dec 14, 2019 • 7:11:53pm

re: #16 Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel

Six Texas children have died from flu-related causes this season

Me and the kids get flu shots every year. My wife has a needle phobia and would rather have the flu.

Charles Johnson  Dec 14, 2019 • 7:12:01pm
Dangerman (misuser of the sarc tag)  Dec 14, 2019 • 7:13:16pm
Eventual Carrion  Dec 14, 2019 • 7:43:38pm

re: #19 Dangerman (misuser of the sarc tag)

Have to be able to call them on breaking their oath/affirmation as soon as they take it after statements like this. The oath is worthless if there is no consequence to breaking it.

teleskiguy  Dec 14, 2019 • 7:46:53pm

I remember driving home from work, and listening to Barack Obama recite the first names of the children killed at Sandy Hook. I cried in my car that night.

Ace Rothstein  Dec 14, 2019 • 7:52:39pm

re: #21 teleskiguy

Me too.

NO SMOCKING GUN!  Dec 14, 2019 • 8:35:44pm
teleskiguy  Dec 14, 2019 • 8:41:04pm
Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  Dec 14, 2019 • 8:59:11pm
jaunte  Dec 14, 2019 • 9:06:12pm
Belafon  Dec 14, 2019 • 9:10:09pm
Belafon  Dec 14, 2019 • 9:10:28pm
jaunte  Dec 14, 2019 • 9:11:41pm

Loser!

jaunte  Dec 14, 2019 • 9:14:19pm

Don Jr. urges voters to “crush the liberals.”

Pawn of the Oppressor  Dec 14, 2019 • 9:23:58pm

Loser!

I don’t live in Texas anymore but my phone number is still a TX area code (and from nowhere near Houston, at that). I got two robotexts this morning from some Trumpite PR system urging me to vote for Piggy’s guy.

I replied to both with mentions of 18 USC 2381, some unkind comments about King Piggy and his family, my opinions of the GOP, and some imperative suggestions about recreational sex with their family members. (Followed by “STOP” to opt-out, and a block)

jaunte  Dec 14, 2019 • 9:26:01pm

re: #31 Pawn of the Oppressor

The accusations of City Hall corruption (“swamp”) coming out of the local GOP have been pretty nuts.

mmmirele  Dec 14, 2019 • 9:32:50pm

Don Jr. urges voters to “crush the liberals.”

This makes me laugh. Sylvester Turner was a product of my high school, the very white, very conservative Klein High School. Turner lived in Acres Homes, a black neighborhood in Houston where the far northwest edge was in my very white school district. He was valedictorian of his class, which was quite a feat in early 1970s Houston. He’s probably the second famous person to graduate from my high school. The most famous alumnus was Lyle Lovett.

jaunte  Dec 14, 2019 • 9:36:57pm

re: #33 mmmirele

A recent local tv interview:

jaunte  Dec 14, 2019 • 9:38:06pm

In which Turner points out that Tony Buzbee joins Matt Gaetz as the proud owner of a DUI charge.

Mescalero09  Dec 14, 2019 • 9:43:34pm
jaunte  Dec 14, 2019 • 9:43:38pm

As I recall, the regents at University of Texas Austin had some problems with driving drunk in the 70s, too. Not exclusively a Republican thing, but definitely part of the entitled mentality.

jaunte  Dec 14, 2019 • 9:54:34pm

re: #36 Mescalero09

“Nice hidden garden with good live music and a bar.”
tripadvisor.com

Jay C  Dec 14, 2019 • 9:55:50pm

Don Jr. urges voters to “crush the liberals.”

IIJM, or does it seem like the more local the race, the less-effective the “Trump Brand” endorsement becomes?

jaunte  Dec 14, 2019 • 9:57:09pm

re: #39 Jay C

Sylvester Turner has been filling potholes while Don Jr. is sneaking up on sheep.
People see the difference.

jaunte  Dec 14, 2019 • 10:01:00pm

re: #39 Jay C

Also, I think laziness is is a core aspect of Trumpism.

jaunte  Dec 14, 2019 • 10:01:54pm

Why hierarchical power is so important to them: they aren’t going to work hard.

Jay C  Dec 14, 2019 • 10:02:04pm

People see the difference.

They must have: I checked the local news and with 95% of the vote in, Sylvester Turner had a 57 - 43% lead.
Another Trump endorsement FAIL. So what else is new…?

Mescalero09  Dec 14, 2019 • 10:02:26pm

“Nice hidden garden with good live music and a bar.”
tripadvisor.com

I stumbled across him. Nice work. And yes, nice spot. 5-6 year old video.

jaunte  Dec 14, 2019 • 10:03:21pm

re: #44 Mescalero09

I thought it was an odd name for a band, so I checked.

Mescalero09  Dec 14, 2019 • 10:08:06pm

Never thought to search the place. I knew it was in Europe. Somewhere.
He won a few honors. Did a quick lookup.
But I like that because it’s so fucking honest.
Great acoustics and an appreciative crowd.
Very good.
I just wanted to post this guy because I don’t post so many others.
I think he’s kicking it.

jaunte  Dec 14, 2019 • 10:11:45pm

Trump’s buddy tightening his hold on Crimea by killing old women.

Dread Pirate  Dec 14, 2019 • 11:05:28pm
ericblair  Dec 14, 2019 • 11:25:45pm

re: #20 Eventual Carrion

You can also remind Republicans what they impeached Clinton for. Dems should take the video of this oath and hold onto it: if we get the Senate next year, it could be a good stick to beat Roberts with after hauling him in front of a committee. He will have stood there and delivered an oath to these assholes knowing that they were breaking it at that very moment.

I don’t think most justices are real street fighting politicians, especially the hothouse flower Federalist Society gooper ones. We might not be able to impeach them, but making their lives hell by hounding them with committee hearings for all the shit they think they can get away with might cow them or drive them out.

Dread Pirate  Dec 14, 2019 • 11:47:01pm

This person has a serious nervous shake.

Dread Pirate  Dec 15, 2019 • 12:06:43am
Chrysicat  Dec 15, 2019 • 12:27:14am

Found via my unfortunate journey into the trending “Boycott Hallmark”:

Dread Pirate  Dec 15, 2019 • 12:48:01am

Drama queen.

Chrysicat  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:53:11am

I know I came in late (the Time article quoting a MT of the original Tweet in this string didn’t hit my Apple News until this morning), but:

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Dec 15, 2019 • 3:20:08am

8u/1qQ6HrnbSmGPt9FOPqbWuEn7BBpDwxlTTBfyHn9RskEPKOvoZHoI1Wlv7qFlPtUScuhHvC7fQgqBLiazdd4nJPeTsAVS/+2epdSG31I7jzrwhz4PQNiwnFs7n4284Odpvl9qzXbrXGMZMTy5xR+/uBSlt++0ruvhfnzqJ6VPPdrHqLz4ElkPX6t0JgPWg/yt/tRXm2PmyDDS5P37ckzo2JZsKjR2P/vz9kDS5gyXQkGb8D9RN1nAWYZhzxz7skoHALum3irGYnHN/aP0e4p8UnOTYut9VifEc+X4I3+5u9OH8OhUe7CFOdFBa026qSoysKysfCWHpCHKPlsVot/GXwIwGwow/q2rfIWLBgtYDYPECxTMRB9tyPGV0dueECawTwMrqXFfRK5fTx1r/xi2jIPlivORsd0nqFnm9nwq2VBd+lzAHV+Yeccj3j7F1E9fNz0F+CgiDnlr2Cwh2vtuhSQgOxNo3nKiysOYQ8als/LmlwTVmzEfK1tXMcPa6htRmFQ4A2QvEgZXlQRNLNDO/FyEzkQtZ7SCd1/5ZX2/rlTJ1HVfTGtqVpfmP0+E/BkFaCA79dNdyGfLwvELMyQ3JxDcaBYLkvsrPTpSv6N+qheil1pjRI8KBVkdGNXWhrFtWAu6D/gAC0YayGrUSpDByyb48ampHu39lo/wwkBR+twTpJYTMtUz9TVS5o7ORix8k21C+k5Xi5m5wi+2Kbcdigo3KXoXzKUd7GhHtIfwSoCoLZPB9o8GgM1AD2LW8yq2HEER7ldtyzPRQTnidbAMHC6rpzP5p5xEuZDEz166V/mmmnh+N/ilM+bke1t6s9b37nBDh19doFHl5JUFY7mrKiw9plH3hDsUkd/bqEkJg3XvmOP+aQZcstC4bii+sXo8CMLGbJVmxAe9JXp0twBorKa/e0uNRQOfpED4TVmdYOySZ6BmxCK6+F5S/foTuAWixvNYpY/yYWsimpikLAUlJtyIsk+ZF8MUd6jkKZUu7Hyt25wHlrRvXLDk3Kztjiup9SxEYtxKzO63I08lN7HRanQKDmDki4DutNeSdOWR3OISoDVJAjL+zwetSNQhL6xdGzjyrRGCJRyQybPaKnpPvyPzi+8gV+rgB7gKK8L18B4edF6LcrU+NQI8Kup2bbpTQ7Y7G3cY4kTDvcI4VjVeGCTVRUHUNjkIFMQwIJFG0PjuOa9iSTDkOoOULjV3Deb5msJ8ikFukHlEVL+TApY5dnPUr4o6c5oYkj2iUX3L3aO2miAPC5wWK1mCIR1DaG9oKuVA0oProCZVEwaGEwyV7wY+Vx8a+66Xi00cCoprJOf3zK71Q2K+PAN4U0GiXzSyZclxDJ0g8ucucD+TO24J/uoRd9jjQNGzqsSZP6VtuEvxW091BZNT3olp538BDZLX6dOL2bDjlPVuRclOG/t5639P/T7P020qzvqOfYPvYnwbsJSbzU5poCJExsatWUmgFEHeGCH4oQbQOgdbxStUlTBZs8/KUa1gm+KcbzEa6wAlLTpLK3i3BQHF1syRLE1mTk3CaOQnojte8umNOf2QZdbD6mXIE6bBmYXeQ4Ov5NFsRpCjGWZSUvfMKTcw2RZZKSdZjc3a4Bd458Y3TXb8ZbyrNk/BamYhdWsDqaEQ56rIJ1ba66NuL085o2ogqG8jZ5wvcpS65ZY8eCPY0SeQiPgmfzUe4P+JzumXOoPRNVdBNZvHTJuHNGdrfaky797GRqcGNINXOiiJMqd74LlS489E3S+UB1pA6bTI+3cOJTtwM0fadMbIlapBVpkmjatqxyA+ee1zhkzX9mmKAZ3iJcUM9BtnYNHGCnM7Jc2SKsA6UtuWDzGwQXRKhJAtIWjieOCeMDjs6wR3iy8xdX0j7t4w4qmW40oXB3Vhr+j6tj0vDF0ASeb8B3ZpODkW919a8gXVHb2ptfYtQTuROlvBB/QSAshE2Z706ti6U+ngz2vsyaPQ+BssnivQq8RPJSV4nnTJapjsBfQOM8VL0h4fBq+qmdJ3bXTIYCQkc3dd9/YO7EVdnMmm0wtHFK6ZGC8C05RXGCyGf4FXwu9S7/Dt+J3LbjcVk/fiUhVNXePJnhOyiimyC0XYZ3m3sCSGimxgR/4C7tRM+FPYX7PC3LW/Nsh4t+3pJOWLuR3PoskCV/6Qh94pR4t5E0QN6tK6bYPdJFz6S9pMCl//iPChJW0C/ByrlfSMjhEtMLWWep4MBwRjj+4R8MQIUKNRg/6YR/q76zp6gZCO4+ukh20iBaPLokIQt2B2x5+TSkA+KgsF5kuB0PA9XjWO7+mCmWb2k9NrnPIkHov127zUSxPAs2qfE1CuTzPC7TbAIVA+JqK/5tgvBC+nGz6m0uCmu3vhgIe2vBXGgY1t6zHd68v3t+cyue1b+mP+DOuaIcZEuQke5I39/3qtyY5WTOvZp2q6PPtF3C8UCDbKC/WIk3Z8KvzLPAKrU/xGp0z+zMI28sxlZxLuBKvIaZVF/+D87W0vCO93kzzycOUOO/2M4fvSJJrAYRA+NfKRygrjlLGusFC7rF0YNmhScXULqfdxtNQgjEdkJ+TQXrUCgoTo57Dp259TOPONxBaLfUFKFlUNIld6oBG5uKQ6CupXDyxgyr3ERnum6EyFA9ViESnXeG21EcYTZ4Mqcy5FzraJXOA3DW/VatW4Q5h39NYWVXWjhf3NQXPEKoz6zxk73zG+NoaMxcWQKt8zCgeIKvIXm67SHK3x6ThZ1Hkq/RWavcy2DnvgK6bDVRA5SGE5nO/l2lrmPt9KM6wnV3P/Y0w4sReJ3Ht7ge4aF6EZL+hPNrs9GzE6JwYxwM9LwU/+DNS3hAGlv4r2O6R0lqhs77uRq03A86jUIH6YdXS099WUMbQWTe8WfoOa53yw5t3ZlkPt3PDw/F7BIg4QMVammJ6PyTJAzU9gwoIIwf1pt+j0P80T9DfdArqgWida/lcVE/Uw38n19ycckF86Pc0bg4fFZ1YRbUDTGK0L0jANQ+P125u7wWBLhDNhNVfx5DGIQeIarCr1HcDwIyVxiTCLBJuqWdhFqbVmGROoOA3gyTQ5cyOqRXuf/wlDPJgPv6kR8+Zl2BeKp1F7LWbN888SK0pC6od6LNDNZG5tH0+DtJoXkara1/IkFGUMbvDs9It/vsUG5EzPUbXQhP8+1QDMp7FhfQpNArq0cLvir8UxUaG5gytudnT5f30Ws6ewGykY6VD7mHmrwSS5XhFRqWds3Jb8FoucFvDTWM7oVl0d+QA4E/eyBaGOT1FBnkhRAYiuRIPdB8tdCazSUu3qPzFFlNvM7Jn5xq7khy2akC9Vj3w==

sagehen  Dec 15, 2019 • 4:35:38am
Dave In Austin  Dec 15, 2019 • 4:39:53am
steve_davis  Dec 15, 2019 • 5:17:07am

re: #54 Chrysicat

based on my experience with cats, they understand nothing, except what situations they are supposed to tip their wait staff. answer: never.

Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  Dec 15, 2019 • 5:24:10am

Let’s hope that this broken clock is historically, massively right. (Author Douglas Mackinnon is a veteran Reagan-Bush shill who takes it for granted that the impeachment is a Deep State sham and Russian influence a hoax.) Nevertheless he thinks Cheeto might actually be convicted and removed in the Senate trial.
“Is a trap being set for Trump in the Senate trial?”

thehill.com
(Can’t post clickable text links on the Idiocracy phone)

Teukka  Dec 15, 2019 • 5:33:49am

Comic Relief:
Obscure Dog Breeds #138:

jeffreyw  Dec 15, 2019 • 5:46:11am

Good morning!

Dr Lizardo  Dec 15, 2019 • 5:50:54am

L O fucking L.

An ultra-Catholic group linked to former Trump strongman Steve Bannon has been ordered to vacate an Italian monastery under threat of police escort.

Benjamin Harnwell, founder of the Bannon-backed Dignitatis Humanae Institute (DHI), received a letter December 5 from the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage signed by Edith Gabrielli, director of the Lazio Museum Department.

In that missive, Gabrielli ordered Harnwell to vacate by December 15 the Certosa di Trisulti, a former Carthusian abbey in the village of Collepardo, near Rome, and to leave it “free of people and goods belonging to the DHI”.

Otherwise, Gabrielli warned Harnwell, “we will proceed by forcible means” to the eviction of the DHI - that is, with the help of Italian police - “without the need for further warnings”.

novenanews.com

Dangerman (misuser of the sarc tag)  Dec 15, 2019 • 6:08:52am

good AM.

i mentioned this - no it wasnt my idea - i heard it first from lawrence tribe months ago now it may be gaining some traction because of the public delarations of mitch, lindsey etc

Joy Reid asked Joaquin Castro about it on MSNBC.

The Senate Republicans are making a mockery of our democracy. Pelosi should table the full house vote. (if the house votes, they *have* to send the articles to the senate).

Then hold a press conference laying out the charges and say, “the Republicans in the Senate lead by Mitch McConnell have made it clear a fair trail is not a possibility, we are not going to send these serious charges to a rigged jury, we will let the American people be the jury in the upcoming election”.

As another smart person put it, Merrick Garland the impeachment charges, thus denying Trump the talking point of saying he was acquitted and denying assholes like Graham the opportunity to make mockery out of the process.

some people think its a bad idea, and not without reason. I think it’s a stunning winner and it works as long as the house never sends these articles

trump et al cannot claim the charges are ‘weak’ or the dems are scared. just point to the rigged jury video clips over and over.

meanwhile keep investigating.

Eventual Carrion  Dec 15, 2019 • 6:14:35am

re: #54 Chrysicat

My cat (which I have mentioned before is deaf) has this crazy fascination with shadows. I have never had a cat like her in that respect. Sure I have had cats that chase a laser pointer or any light source beam, which my cat also does. But she also chases any difference between light and dark with shadows. I often wonder if this is because of her deafness. She just has a visual over compensation for her lack of hearing. Maybe I am reading more into her behavior than is really there but like I said I have never had a cat this intense on shadows.

I had to explain to the people across the street when they moved in that I am not spying on them when I shine my flashlight across the street towards their house at night, I am just calling in my cat. She sees the light and knows it is time to come in. She likes hunting around the 2 houses next to their place. The house next to them burned out almost 2 years ago (and still hasn’t been torn down, grrr an eye sore) and the yard has just been left go to hell. So there is tall grass and fertile hunting grounds there. So I flash my light that way because that is probably where she will be.

jaunte  Dec 15, 2019 • 6:17:14am
Belafon  Dec 15, 2019 • 6:18:47am

re: #63 Dangerman (misuser of the sarc tag)

Tabling can easily be turned into Democrats knew the charges were bogus.

Vote on them, and send them to the Senate. He will forever have the impeachment mark. It’s not the Democrats fault if the Republicans are corrupt. There’s an argument that one of the jobs of the Democrats is to make this obvious.

And there is nothing preventing them from continuing to investigate. It’s actually on of their jobs.

HappyWarrior  Dec 15, 2019 • 6:22:26am

This is why I’m not despairing.

Dangerman (misuser of the sarc tag)  Dec 15, 2019 • 6:26:18am

Tabling can easily be turned into Democrats knew the charges were bogus.

that’s one of the very good counter arguments and i agree on all points

to permanently stain him with the impeachment mark, hold the vote in october when likely/hopefully there would be lots more new stuff to add and also hopefully no eroding of impeachment support (yes a risk)

right now i prefer the optics the other way. mcconnels and grahams videos are damning.

since (at least) castro talked about it publicly, im sure it’s at least being considered as a strategy. whatever they decide, i’ll be fine with it.

Eventual Carrion  Dec 15, 2019 • 6:36:00am

New Mandalorian dropped Friday. Possible spoiler hidden, but really more just a quick note.

Last ep5 was a little slow according to my wife and I. As she said, it was mostly just scooters going over sand :-). This new one had a bit more action and some fun parts. Ending left things hanging for a rematch with some of the “villains” from this episode.

Dangerman (misuser of the sarc tag)  Dec 15, 2019 • 6:41:53am

Tabling can easily be turned into Democrats knew the charges were bogus.

I just read a very good argument for impeach now:. there is no precedent for a US president running for reelection having been impeached by the House of Representatives.

How much effect it would have on things who knows
Still another First! in the books for him

Amory Blaine  Dec 15, 2019 • 6:43:55am

Oh goodie. Chuck Todd has a folksy interview with a table full of conservative voters telling us how they feel.

Barefoot Grin  Dec 15, 2019 • 6:48:58am
jaunte  Dec 15, 2019 • 6:56:51am
Eventual Carrion  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:00:32am

re: #72 Barefoot Grin

Maybe that other fighter felt dissed by them insinuating that he wasn’t a true American making America (and fighting) great again. So he decided “fuck fighting, I’m gonna destroy this bitch”. Maybe one (or both) of those 2 tRump shitstains should get in the ring and make a case for it. They won’t because they would be not be facing an almost extinct, unarmed sheep.

Eventual Carrion  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:01:44am

Fucking Nazi pieces of shit.

jaunte  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:02:46am

re: #75 Eventual Carrion

So great to know this poison is on SCOTUS.

makeitstop  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:05:41am

re: #72 Barefoot Grin

That trash talking MAGAt got his jaw broken by…a Muslim immigrant. Beautiful.

Then he ran out of the ring without congratulating, refused to talk to the media and later tweeted to the ref that it was the ref’s fault he lost.

The Twitter fun is at #MAGAJAW

Eventual Carrion  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:11:02am

re: #77 makeitstop

That trash talking MAGAt got his jaw broken by…a Muslim immigrant. Beautiful.

The Twitter fun is at #MAGAJAW

Always the fault of someone else

jaunte  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:12:45am

re: #77 makeitstop

We’ve seen this great white hope movie before.

The Pie Overlord!  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:19:59am

09+R/P5VubhCHomsD+yDYGMMTsojqRVDMJCQk9ZEsQdzRhefN54yfeJom9qyKo7dKUKJqrrT7oXbh6Zm44p10M+IEiWMLqgUHTXYLKUqggiJKTW1BYs4SA3asI+IZNn848YCZD3N1xAYsre8I33olUE7Jb5/wv17

Dangerman (misuser of the sarc tag)  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:22:36am

“I’ve made a complete break mentally with the world I used to live in.”

— Tucker Carlson, in an interview with The Atlantic, on his success hosting a Fox News show.

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:25:09am
Dangerman (misuser of the sarc tag)  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:26:13am

If they were really proud they wouldn’t couch it
Theyd let it fly for all to see
Cowards

Barefoot Grin  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:30:00am

New Yorkers often say “we knew Trump was a scumbag 40 years ago.” Here’s a good example of how they knew:

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:31:00am
FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:32:24am
Eventual Carrion  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:36:33am

re: #86 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

Reality and facts are just fanciful concepts now

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:37:58am
Dangerman (misuser of the sarc tag)  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:38:08am
Belafon  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:38:43am
Decatur Deb  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:47:07am

re: #83 Dangerman (misuser of the sarc tag)

If they were really proud they wouldn’t couch it
Theyd let it fly for all to see
Cowards

That instance of the flashed sign is a good example of the deliberate confusion/deniability of the meme. Read her background, understanding that, Jewish or not, she is enthusiastically traveling with some of the worst people in Washington and Texas. Her husband’s outrage itself seems disingenuous.
en.wikipedia.org

Dangerman (misuser of the sarc tag)  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:53:48am

re: #91 Decatur Deb

en.wikipedia.org

I hear ya. But
I dunno. If it’s not a full throated clear unambiguous and obvious public endorsement, maybe like the rest of em she’s not all that committed

We’ll flash the sign if we can get away with it? //

More profiles in courage ;-)

Dangerman (misuser of the sarc tag)  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:55:30am

Ok

mmmirele  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:00:21am

re: #50 Dread Pirate

The first video reminds me of what one of my mom’s friends said happened to their swimming pool during the Loma Prieta quake. The pool sloshed and they lost so much water, but there were no cracks in the pool afterward. Still, a striking image of solid ground being so mobile water would slop out of a swimming pool.

A Mom Anon  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:09:47am

re: #80 The Pie Overlord!

uCGUJIPw2JzlSm38JMIyx6ftlNcxxZrOwSa3NPdTCwo3AGh2wxwpa4bHZvBDaRY1C9iXdmn8oK0=

Teddy's Person  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:13:21am

Putin likes his stooges to play nice…

Teukka  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:23:22am

Variant on method:

Waiting for Satan Claus…
Teukka  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:26:05am

re: #97 Teukka

Variant on method:

Another variation is the Portal xmas tree:

retired cynic  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:27:29am

re: #98 Teukka

Another variation is the portal xmas tree:

A coyote??

jeffreyw  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:30:13am

re: #99 retired cynic

A coyote??

I going with red fox.

Teukka  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:30:19am

re: #99 retired cynic

A coyote??

Could also be a fox.

Hecuba's daughter  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:38:24am

re: #80 The Pie Overlord!

GXZ2oiLxAcw/CUbnoQpDKnv6bgDpbPzIsHe2r2U9LvXCxxnSuCWNPcP/pOwEc4MIk6Z2D63+HC1OQMgfEq0p8Gd5w8xFvKquXXShrbc4zlmFvJzyOTAiJ3LvmMo+SZzY0aBgfWW3K+8iY0W6jFQ5YlLEE9M0Jw+xPU6QHOHWXRCtsathjZnqvg7K+Mlvj63nCi21Eyi2CVHGe2XlzkTdlAWiV/KuB/0K+duvB8+9h2dHiTqLm0xMFks1e+gZHmLsIc0R7F28YBqCWUL9y5Q7NWxPEMo30xYEaSvSOPO191W9aUTs24y5o/09cLbiyTLzeBahKFvJXA/Lr716ih3AVrRg3j483GLgfbsF7ffCfKsaM4myQ7a/92AEfGq075q4

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:40:03am
HappyWarrior  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:41:48am

This is why I don’t think Mitch’s plan to completely dismiss charges will end well.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:42:42am

folks around here still talk about this

retired cynic  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:43:23am

folks around here still talk about this

I would think so!

BigPapa  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:43:23am

This piece in Rolling Stone is epic:
False Idol — Why the Christian Right Worships Donald Trump
By ALEX MORRIS

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:44:35am
Belafon  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:47:19am

HappyWarrior  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:48:19am

Total game changer right there.// Michele counts for 15% on a poll.

Hecuba's daughter  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:48:35am

re: #91 Decatur Deb

en.wikipedia.org

She was in the Trump administration, a colleague of Stephen Miller who is also Jewish. There is no reason to believe that her hand signals were anything other than her acknowledgement that she is a white supremacist and a deliberate mocking of those who are opposed to this most vicious of administrations.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:48:51am

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

Dr Lizardo  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:51:08am

What a coincidence…I was just watching something about the Mothman.

danarchy  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:52:04am

folks around here still talk about this

Isn’t that the bridge tied to the whole mothman myth?

sagehen  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:52:27am

re: #83 Dangerman (misuser of the sarc tag)

If they were really proud they wouldn’t couch it
Theyd let it fly for all to see
Cowards

HappyWarrior  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:53:47am

They do it to get a reaction. Even if you don’t believe it’s a white supremacy sign, it’s childish bs.

BigPapa  Dec 15, 2019 • 8:59:28am

re: #116 HappyWarrior

They just trolling. Not much diff than your average twitter rando inciting reactions to further ridicule or make fun of.

HappyWarrior  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:00:48am

re: #117 BigPapa

They cry about Trump being disrespected but they don’t respect anything.

retired cynic  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:12:20am

re: #107 BigPapa

This piece in Rolling Stone is epic:
False Idol — Why the Christian Right Worships Donald Trump
By ALEX MORRIS

This line just grabbed my imagination: “There’s something about an August evening in Alabama that can feel apocalyptic — the air so thick it seems time might get caught in it …”

I’ve read similar articles, and Fred Clark of Slacktivist is just a dandy person. But this is well written. Thank you.

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:13:21am

re: #112 Joe Bacon 🌹

1qqRr5EbOe6FJWnUY09sWNybfvpekFi87rXUKCXUHCp+Ych22eHyMwRmzM6GjPu2C42oA/7WG5XJDoK2rrYq7EbcYw+texjrAIA0o37YaTDMOk3kjXKSrfVj2byZ7G51oQTWhI2qssJQHgGHPAOBsaPgfKWE8YRbzCkDx6zPWN/Lpf7F7fxpj3NiBhtk12A+rxGB+RRNupH3VmoV0G+bjN+e2JhyoO/rV514C/XWoJgX3gcDZGYYCDGKERfvhcAmiMn80ecXqDfN5aVUbYqUdB50mMTh5B42/882W6JEnN1XeANG7i4qSOzKZh4hNXGboBLPUpy5f23kv40s5jvt8AlFm6zWVeA46XgaQEOPrtXrqoWuDGhL5w==

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:13:27am
BigPapa  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:14:30am

I’ve been thinking deeper about a concept: conservatism is actually anti-American and anti-Democratic. Not just as a result but fundamentally, at it philosophical core, it’s truly anti-American. But I’m too busy reading the Mueller report and the IG reports, trying to finish them off today.

Belafon  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:15:21am

Shhhhh, Joyce. They don’t need to know that.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:16:08am
retired cynic  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:17:03am

Damn

Hecuba's daughter  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:19:20am

Boris is Trump with a classical education.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:19:45am
HappyWarrior  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:20:14am

re: #122 BigPapa

That’s close to how I feel. To me, conservatives have always stood against democratic progress in this country. Buckley for example used his influence to defend Jim Crow. People like D’Souza can play the game of but but they were Democrats all they want but the guardians of Jim Crow were right wingers. Some were Democrats and some were Republicans.

HappyWarrior  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:20:36am

Petty baby.

PhillyPretzel  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:20:47am

re: #126 Hecuba’s daughter

He might have a classical education but it is clear he has not learned the lessons of the past or he chooses to ignore them.

Hecuba's daughter  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:26:17am

re: #130 PhillyPretzel

He has learned the lessons of the past: how to destroy democratic and republican institutions and replace them with a permanent autocracy. Unlike the United States, the UK has no limit on the number of terms a prime minister can serve — he can, in effect, make himself PM for life, especially with the aid of Putin.

PhillyPretzel  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:28:00am

re: #131 Hecuba’s daughter

I concede the point. But I believe Liz would have something to say about that.

BigPapa  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:30:36am

I like Bob.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:33:09am
Eventual Carrion  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:33:25am

re: #115 sagehen

Our high school band director would hold both his hands in the air like that when conducting, moving to the beat count. But in the 70’s we didn’t see it as a white power symbol, we called them “the flying assholes”.

I Would Prefer Not To  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:37:23am

And does Rudy have the guts to face cross examination by @SenKamalaHarris?

I Would Prefer Not To  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:38:43am

re: #136 I Would Prefer Not To

Rudy is a coward.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:39:56am
Hecuba's daughter  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:41:06am

re: #135 Eventual Carrion

Existing signs/symbols can be appropriated by other organizations for nefarious purposes. After all, the swastika was an ancient symbol throughout the world — for example, for the Navajos, it meant good luck. Yet the Nazis twisted it to a sign of pure evil and it will probably never again reflect its original meanings.

PhillyPretzel  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:42:36am

I am pleasantly surprised that the Philadelphia Inquirer (locals call it the Inky) is part of that list. There are advantages to being a Democratic city. :)

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:43:26am

moron found his phone and it’s looking to be another tweetstorm day (8 tweets/retweets in just the past half-hour)

BigPapa  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:45:36am

So standard fare oppo research is soliciting foreign interference. Got it. How dumb will these cretins get?

William Lewis  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:46:25am

The one in that list that really matters is the USA Today. Yes, it’s a craptastic middle of the road paper that is literally built around the Both Sider BS: it’s always run editorials/op-eds on a topic every day. But… For them to call for Impeachment is a step up and will impact a number of the so-called independents in the middle.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:46:52am

Comey being interviewed on Fox has got him rattled

danarchy  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:47:14am

re: #139 Hecuba’s daughter

The problem with the OK symbol is it is so ubiquitous. Especially for people who talk with their hands. Putting your thumb and forefinger together while you are talking is just like putting a point on something usually unconsciously, and people need to distinguish between when someone is flashing a sign and when someone just snaps a pic of a fleeting hand gesture.

Hecuba's daughter  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:47:15am

re: #140 PhillyPretzel

Chicago is a Democratic city but its largest paper, the Chicago Tribune, has been disgraceful in its handling of Trump. Its Republican heritage takes precedence over any commitment to this country. I had mistakenly believed after its endorsement (both times!) of Obama, it may have turned the corner, but no, it has reverted to its dishonorable heritage of the 20th century.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:47:34am

re: #142 BigPapa

there is no bottom

William Lewis  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:49:48am

Bacon.
Scrambled Eggs.
Pan fried diced potato.
Toast with elderberry jam.
Tea.

Brunch of champions ;) Or a least, me. Om nom nom…

Hecuba's daughter  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:50:17am

re: #142 BigPapa

They are not being dumb; they are spreading deliberate disinformation among the public. They are malicious and evil; party uber alles.

PhillyPretzel  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:51:28am

re: #148 William Lewis

That sounds good. In my case I would ditch the bacon.

jaunte  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:52:09am
PhillyPretzel  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:53:10am

re: #146 Hecuba’s daughter

The Inky has had those changes too. One of the main reasons why I read The Washington Post. That and I get it for $48 a year. The Wall Street Journal was running over $500 a year.

retired cynic  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:54:48am

re: #146 Hecuba’s daughter

It’s nearly always been that way, as you said. Disgusting.

jaunte  Dec 15, 2019 • 9:59:35am

[Can’t find this tweet right now: twitter.com ]

jaunte  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:00:02am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:01:03am
jeffreyw  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:08:38am

re: #148 William Lewis

Bacon.
Scrambled Eggs.
Pan fried diced potato.
Toast with elderberry jam.
Tea.

Brunch of champions ;) Or a least, me. Om nom nom…

Breakfast for Lunch
Joe Bacon 🌹  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:12:42am

Note all the MAGATS responding to the lying birther ex game show host.

Weaselone  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:14:43am

How embarrassing for the BBC. All that Tory turd polishing and this is the thanks they get.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:29:33am
retired cynic  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:31:23am

EXACTLY!

Belafon  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:32:14am

In every good guy vs bad guy movie, the good guy ends up having to go through all of these obstacles, fight multiple people, just to get to the bad guy, who they beat after an epic struggle. That’s the Democrats right now.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:38:37am

super moron

ericblair  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:42:32am

re: #159 Weaselone

We have a lot that we can teach the Brits, with a few more years of life under the tender whip of a malignant narcissist buffoon. Of course, theirs can babble nonsense in Latin, so there’s that.

Anyway, if you’re a media outlet, all the both-siderism, normalization, and turd polishing you try to get on the clown’s good side doesn’t work. The minute you say something he doesn’t like you’re an Enemy of the People. Don’t fucking bother.

And all you left-behind rural areas who think things can’t get any worse and he’ll stir things up in the capital; good luck, the answers are yes it can and no he won’t. He comes up one time at the beginning of his term and tells you that everything will get better and goes back home and fucks you over worse. Sure, he’s a narcissist with no policy preferences at all, so you’d think some things would get better for you just by his desire to please or just by accident. Nope, he’ll surround himself with right wing cranks and crooks who will tell him to rob you blind and keep you happy by beating up minorities. That’s all you’ll get.

PhillyPretzel  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:42:44am

We all have our holiday traditions and of course I hav my own. I am watching Simon Shama’s The Story of the Jews. And of course I will have a break for Bob Ross.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:44:24am
FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:46:10am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:48:05am
Romantic Heretic  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:48:32am

re: #10 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

The Tree of Liberty must be watered with blood!

Belafon  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:49:24am

“Look at all the corrupt people Trump is getting off the streets.”

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:50:23am
PhillyPretzel  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:52:33am

“He did not do research.” Yeah, right. He does not know his biology and took one too many bible classes.

Weaselone  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:52:47am

re: #164 ericblair

This is true, but I was also thinking that this lesson is a possible teaching moment for US media. Right now for all of Trump’s rhetoric, he still brings in the clicks and he hasn’t really touched them. That’s not necessarily going to continue to hold no matter how much they continue the both sides, but liberals are worse nonsense. Trump wins another election? Well, Trump’s issued plenty of threats to do something about “fake news” and called them out as enemies of America, so the sky is the limit.

BigPapa  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:53:03am

re: #167 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

Dude’s bike shop must love his recurring business.

Romantic Heretic  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:55:03am

Why beware? They’re harmless.

A Mom Anon  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:55:04am

This idiot needs to be publicly embarrassed everywhere he goes until he can pass a basic fucking human biology class. JFC.

Hecuba's daughter  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:57:47am

re: #176 A Mom Anon

This idiot needs to be publicly embarrassed until he leaves public life never to be seen again in the political sphere.

BigPapa  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:58:07am

re: #175 Romantic Heretic

Why beware? They’re harmless.

I actually bought a praying mantis egg sack and watched with excitement for weeks. Then boom! Never saw one. Disappointing.

Colère Tueur de Lapin  Dec 15, 2019 • 10:58:31am

re: #175 Romantic Heretic

Why beware? They’re harmless.

And endangered, so tossing an eggsac is bad.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:01:10am

re: #175 Romantic Heretic

Why beware? They’re harmless.

Obviously,you have never had a mantis egg case hatch put inside your house.

Many years ago, one of my sisters found one and put it in her sock drawer.

Mom was NOT amused when they hatched.

hundreds and hundreds of them

in the dead of winter

A hollow voice says, Impeachmoot now!  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:01:13am

re: #175 Romantic Heretic

Why beware? They’re harmless.

Maybe not running in their hundreds through your living room.

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:02:16am

re: #175 Romantic Heretic

Why beware? They’re harmless.

BigPapa  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:02:54am

LOL. Let There Be Insect Drama.

plansbandc  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:05:08am

Clip the branch and put it in a safe place outside so the mantid babies can hatch at their regularly scheduled time.

Romantic Heretic  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:07:03am

re: #86 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

Damn. I hate agreeing with David Frum.

Amory Blaine  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:07:58am

re: #181 A hollow voice says, Impeachmoot now!

Maybe not running in their hundreds through your living room.

The spider and centipede fights at my house would get more interesting.

William Lewis  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:10:16am

re: #167 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

I don’t think I could even crawl after that level of pain production… Yowza!

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:12:33am

re: #184 plansbandc

we know that now

she was 12years old at the time

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:13:41am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:13:50am
Ace Rothstein  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:15:38am

there is no bottom

The only bottom is Trump’s fat orange one.

Barefoot Grin  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:16:34am

I love Matteo’s playing, yes, but I’d also like to mess around with the Yamaha amp. Looks cool.

BigPapa  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:20:17am

I’m sick of people saying ‘the polls were wrong.’ Polls aren’t wrong or right: they’re just polls. It belies a deep ignorance of what polling actually is or means. The polls before election tightened up, as they always do, and in most cases Trump’s victory was in the margin of error. So the polls were right! LOL

BigPapa  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:21:46am

I’ve thought of picking guitar back up and think an electric combo with a small amp might be better than an acoustic. Plus I could get all metal cruchy when I get in the mood.

jaunte  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:22:34am

re: #182 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

I’m Beginning To See A Lot Of Mantids
All Around The House…

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:26:41am

Earliest reporting I could find on this is from Sputnik.
So, take it with a grain of salt

Ace Rothstein  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:26:57am

re: #193 BigPapa

The polls in 2016 predicted Hillary winning by 2.9 million votes. She won by 2.9 million votes.

jaunte  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:27:29am

re: #196 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

Maybe Trump will buy Cyprus.

BigPapa  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:30:12am

re: #197 Ace Rothstein

she won but 2.84 million votes. So the polls were wrong.

Barefoot Grin  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:30:52am

re: #194 BigPapa

I love my Music Man amp. It’s only a single 10’ speaker. But if you dial it past up to even 1 it gets too loud for our home. I don’t think I’ve ever had it beyond 3 or 4, and that was in the band context. I’d love to have something compact with lots of options and better control.

plansbandc  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:31:00am

I have stolen this.

Romantic Heretic  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:33:10am

re: #107 BigPapa

I’m just so thankful we’ve got somebody that’s saying Christians have rights power too.

When members of the American faith talk about ‘rights’ or ‘freedom’ they are always talking about power.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:33:15am

re: #96 Teddy’s Person

Putin likes his stooges to play nice…

So Toolsi signaling she agrees with Huck Sinn’s hatred of GLBTQs!

Decatur Deb  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:33:30am

we know that now

she was 12years old at the time

We had one in our HS bio lab. Hatched over the Easter break. We got many of them to the outside, where a couple probably survived, which is about normal.

Romantic Heretic  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:43:41am

re: #122 BigPapa

It’s why I refer to them as ‘authoritarians and barbarians masquerading as conservatives’.

Dangerman (misuser of the sarc tag)  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:45:22am

Well it’s not like he ever does any work

Dangerman (misuser of the sarc tag)  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:50:02am

The “white hats”

Romantic Heretic  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:50:53am

re: #142 BigPapa

Don’t ask that question. Their reply will be, “Challenge Accepted!!!!

Jebediah, RBG  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:51:33am

re: #200 Barefoot Grin

1 watt Marshall tube head

A specimen in the wild.

One watt, has a switch on the back to set it to 1/10th of a watt. The footswitch adds a gain tube. I admit I was surprised by how loud a tenth of a watt can be.

Dangerman (misuser of the sarc tag)  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:56:42am

re: #202 Romantic Heretic

Exactly
Rights are telling other people what they can and can’t do

BigPapa  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:56:51am

Weird. Twitter said it was giving me a 12 hour timeout but no email and I see nothing wrong on my end. I was tangling with MRA’s earlier now with dipshit leftists asserting cop brutality in this thread. The few who ask for more information or context are being called bootlickers. Leftists acting like Trumpers is my favorite Twitter.

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Dec 15, 2019 • 12:00:30pm

re: #196 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

Earliest reporting I could find on this is from Sputnik.
So, take it with a grain of salt

BREAKING: Erdogan says Turkey may close Incirlik Air Base to American use

Looking like this could be “real news”

Citizen K  Dec 15, 2019 • 12:14:48pm

re: #159 Weaselone

Isn’t that the way it always goes? No matter how much they kowtow to holy conservatism, they’ll never get those who accused them of bias in the first place to love them. They’ll just scream even more bias and ‘force’ those outlets to further privilege their lies. They’ll never get the love they want, and yet they believe it’s the only way, to make love to those who hate them, and shitkick those who dare even moderately criticize them from the left side.

Cheechako  Dec 15, 2019 • 12:15:13pm
Colère Tueur de Lapin  Dec 15, 2019 • 12:20:18pm

re: #214 Cheechako

Much more interesting and useful than a worm or a frog.

Barefoot Grin  Dec 15, 2019 • 12:20:41pm

re: #209 Jebediah, RBG

1 watt Marshall tube head

I’ll check that out. I’m not really a gear head—so you disconnect your amp speaker and reconnect to the Marshall head?

Mattand  Dec 15, 2019 • 12:22:55pm

re: #107 BigPapa

This piece in Rolling Stone is epic:
False Idol — Why the Christian Right Worships Donald Trump
By ALEX MORRIS

Skimmed a lot of it, but I did read the final paragraphs where the author Cletus safari’s his mom and aunt.

I’m sorry, but fuck these people. I’m saying it partly because they want this country to be a theocracy, and partly because they wouldn’t think twice if someone put a bullet in my atheist ass for not sharing their beliefs.

These people are going to be huge contributors to this country’s destruction.

Mattand  Dec 15, 2019 • 12:25:37pm

re: #209 Jebediah, RBG

1 watt Marshall tube head

Thanks for posting that. I keep playing with the idea of getting another practice amp. I have a 35 year old Peavy 10w that gave up the ghost long ago. For now, I get by by just plugging into the computer and using Garageband.

mmmirele  Dec 15, 2019 • 12:29:15pm

re: #214 Cheechako

Unique High School class in Alaska:

A Chugiak High teacher hunted a moose and brought it to school. Then things got interesting.

Thanks for sharing this! I wish we’d done something this interesting in my high school. Instead, we got to dissect fetal pigs.

Jebediah, RBG  Dec 15, 2019 • 12:47:27pm

re: #216 Barefoot Grin

The Marshall is a combo with 1 8” speaker, so no need to connect or disconnect anything, although you do have the option to play through a different speaker if you wish.
There is also a line out so you can disconnect the speaker and use just headphones instead.
There is a line in as well - I usually have a metronome plugged in to it, but sometimes i plug my phone in and play drum loops on my phone and play along to them.

Barefoot Grin  Dec 15, 2019 • 12:52:09pm

re: #220 Jebediah, RBG

Very cool. Thanks!

Jebediah, RBG  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:03:38pm

re: #218 Mattand

My pleasure!
I have been using garageband as well, I can plug the amp’s line out into my cheap little Focusrite interface or plug the guitar in directly.
Another option that might work for you is an amp pedal. Less money, smaller, no speaker:

reverb.com

reverb.com

Pretty sure these cannot go directly into headphones so they would need a speaker to connect to I guess.

goddamnedfrank  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:04:49pm

So this is fucking great. Remember that asshole absentee landlord who flooded out his entire fucking unit by having an unlicensed handyman do an upstairs toilet repair and then didn’t check on for a week? Yeah well, it turns out the bylaws and contracts actually make it so our community insurance policy is on the hook, and they’re so goddamned pissed off that they’re going to pay it and then drop us. So motherfuckers are scrambling, holding emergency board meetings and trying to rush in a language change to the bylaws to prevent this from happening in the future. If that’s not enough to sate the insurance company we’re out of the 1st tier market and the community’s insurance rates probably double.

It’s a holiday shitshow over here.

Jebediah, RBG  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:04:54pm

re: #221 Barefoot Grin

Very cool. Thanks!

goddamnedfrank  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:06:25pm

I really don’t understand it. How the fuck did the insurance company not perform proper due diligence beforehand to figure out the kind of ignorant shit they’d have to cover?

goddamnedfrank  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:07:53pm

Everyone is the goddamned worst is my point.

goddamnedfrank  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:11:09pm

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU ATTACH A GODDAMNED FUCKING FILL LINE TO A FUCKING TOILET, TURN THE WATER TO THE HOUSE THE FUCK BACK ON AND THEN NOT FUCKING CHECK YOUR FUCKING WORK!!!???

Charles Johnson  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:13:25pm
goddamnedfrank  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:13:56pm

Apparently they figure that shit ran for a goddamned week straight, it was only discovered when the owner of the unit next door was like “why is there water coming through this wall?”

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:16:48pm
BigPapa  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:18:15pm

re: #225 goddamnedfrank

They only due their due diligence when it’s time to pay up.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:19:20pm

re: #217 Mattand

These people are going to be huge contributors to this country’s destruction.

This shit is burned into my family’s brains which is why I despise Xtianity!

Joe Bacon 🌹  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:23:01pm

re: #230 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

America’s Asshole has gone beyond the event horizon!

BigPapa  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:24:53pm

Time for one of my favorite work war stories.

I install a leak detection system tied to the burg alarm system for a nice little stupid expensive beach house. I commission it, house is about done. Friday PM the architect calls me and says the alarm is going off, wants me to go up there since he and the contractor assume it’s a false alarm. I assume it’s false and say screw it, I’ll go. It’s beer thirty fer chrissakes dammit but OK.

It wasn’t a false alarm.

The plumber was there earlier finishing off the sink in the bedroom suite above the garage. I see the bark sink fawcet running and there is inches of water all over the stupid expensive hand carved ipe floor. The plumber spaced and left the sink plug in and ran the fawcet, then got in his truck and took off.

I called the architect and said ‘My shit works. Bring the mops and I hope you can save that ipe floor.’

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:26:56pm
BigPapa  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:27:16pm

re: #217 Mattand

Yeah, fuck these people who’ve been fucking out country up for decades. I do like the term ‘cletus safari.’

I have no doubt that atheists will be the first against the wall if Trump stays in office and manages to succeed in turning the US into a fascist theocracy. Luckily he’s too much of a moron to pull it off.

Belafon  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:28:22pm

He just wanted to be in the next Farmers Insurance commercial.

Jebediah, RBG  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:28:44pm

Is someone seriously suggesting “hand cramps”?
I couldn’t really tell from the link. I do know that when my hand does cramp, A) it doesn’t take the exact same shape as everybody else’s cramped hands and B) I don’t bother to make sure it is in plain view of a camera.

I hope these photos follow those fuckers around forever and seriously limit future employability.

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:35:09pm

He just wanted to be in the next Farmers Insurance commercial.

Or an AllState mayhem one.

Amory Blaine  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:36:00pm

Ipe is very resilient. Method of attachment is another matter.

Charles Johnson  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:36:14pm

re: #229 goddamnedfrank

Water damage is the worst especially if you have any wood in the floors or walls. Doesn’t take long for mold to start growing.

Amory Blaine  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:38:58pm

Mold mitigation is rife with crooked contractors that lay the fear on extra thick.

goddamnedfrank  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:39:30pm

Apparently there wasn’t too much mold because it’s been cold, but the interior is fucking gutted anyway. All of the downstairs flooring, most of the drywall and a lot of the ceiling is gone. There’s easily $100K in damages.

It’s fucking ridiculous.

BigPapa  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:40:06pm

Another hate thing about insurance. Insurers will frequently demand that your smoke detectors are monitored through an alarm central station, or give a huge discount. I’ve had people, more than once, that can easily afford it, ask me to give them an ‘insurance certificate’ for the alarm system before monitoring was set up. A few times they said they didn’t want monitoring just the certificate.

So I wrote up ‘installation certificates’ stating the installed system, yada yada, with no mention of central station or monitoring. A few times the owner would then come back and say I need a monitoring cert, then I would remind them they have to be monitored to get that, and I only create one after the system is monitored and tested to central station.

Not only would their insurance not pay if there was a fire, they would probably sue the owner for fraud and put me out of business. All because the stupid wealthy owner with a 2nd or 3rd vacation home is a cheap bastard and boy do they love getting ahead in the deal. Fuckers.

Now let me tell you about the people who ask me to disconnect pool alarms…

Amory Blaine  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:41:52pm

I saved an elderly couple 8,000 from a crook that was going to spray a corner of their basement with bleach water. I love watching a garbage humans power turn to dust.

Mattand  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:44:49pm

re: #243 goddamnedfrank

It’s fucking ridiculous.

So sorry to hear about all of this. I had some major problems when I rented, but they all had to do with people either beating their wives or partying until 5:30 AM. I’d say you have a perfect case for suing to get the damages back, but I’d imagine the cost in time and energy would’t be worth it (let alone legal fees.)

BigPapa  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:49:33pm

re: #240 Amory Blaine

Ipe is very resilient. Method of attachment is another matter.

They changed out the ipe floor. I asked the GC what he was going to do and he smiled and was like ‘Dude, you’re the 5th guy who asked and so far down the totem pole’

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:49:56pm

I’m going to save you a click
It’s Jonathan Turley

goddamnedfrank  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:51:48pm

re: #246 Mattand

Except for the increase that’s coming to the HOA assessment I’m mostly amused. It’s in a different building in a different part of the community. On the plus side it’s getting the on site owners pissed off at absentee landlords and figuring out ways to fuck them up.

BigPapa  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:53:35pm

I’m in a Major Marriage Standoff at the moment that involves plumbing. Our garabage disposal leaks so it needs to be replaced. Not a big project, espectially for a pro, and I don’t want to buy the few tools to do it. My tools are for electrical shit. She wants me to replace it but we’re tight on $. I said have the landlord fix it, or play to have a plumber replace and we’ll take it out of the rent. Nope she says. Ok. I said ‘I don’t do water and I don’t roll on Shabbos.’

We’re in week 3 of a roasting pan below the garbage disposal.

Jay C  Dec 15, 2019 • 1:54:28pm

Swear to insurance this is VERY true. Four years back, our summer place got flooded at the end of winter (short version: insulation slipped: the sole external bathroom feed froze, cracked, then thawed and ran water into the bathroom, hall, basement, etc.). Two weeks, maybe: enough to require both extensive replacement of wood (down to the studs in the basement closet), and mold remediation: that stuff can spread like crazy.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 2:11:59pm

re: #250 BigPapa

We’re in week 3 of a roasting pan below the garbage disposal.

is that a kosher use of the roasting pan?

BigPapa  Dec 15, 2019 • 2:15:15pm

I’m thinking… no.

Mattand  Dec 15, 2019 • 2:25:11pm

Figured I get this in before the thread shuts down: a science podcast I listen to covered the OH ectopic pregnancy bill on their show this week and complained about politicians being ill-informed and not making educated reasoning when writing bill like this.

One of their stated rules is to try to avoid politics unless it crosses over into a science story.

Which is fine, but Jesus Fucking Christ: there’s only one political party that pulls shit like this year-after-year, and it’s the Republicans.

This is part of the goddamn problem, IMO: you can assign blame by name without taking a side. And when you say “politicians”, it heavily implies that both parties had a hand in writing the bill.

And that’s not true.

Swear to Christ, I get wanting to be as politically neutral as possible, but I fail to how this doesn’t provide some cover for the GOP to keep doing this.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 15, 2019 • 2:50:40pm

re: #254 Mattand

I want to give you such a big hug right now

danarchy  Dec 15, 2019 • 5:19:19pm

re: #250 BigPapa

We’re in week 3 of a roasting pan below the garbage disposal.

Why does she not want to make the landlord deal with it? That is one of the few benefits of renting.

Hecuba's daughter  Dec 15, 2019 • 7:59:20pm

……

Eventual Carrion  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:11:11pm

“Water? You mean like in the toilet?”

Eventual Carrion  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:17:48pm

re: #194 BigPapa

I’ve got both. Best of both worlds. Also have a vypyr3 amp, settings for all occasions.

Eventual Carrion  Dec 15, 2019 • 11:25:34pm

re: #212 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

Looking like this could be “real news”

Putin couldn’t be happier.

#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 200216This is last week’s update. Just as well because this was a lull week due to no liner yet, still bailing, and some poorly timed rain. We're happy that there's no more heavy sand lifting, and even if the liner ...
#thegreatpoolpondconversion (dangerman)
Man Man - Cloud Nein [LYRIC VIDEO] "Cloud Nein" from Man Man's album 'Dream Hunting in the Valley of the In-Between' (Release Date: May 1, 2020)smarturl.it Man Man manmanband.comInstagram - @manmanbandband @HonusHonus FaceBook - facebook.com VIDEO CREDITS Director: Ryan Kattner Video Production House: Pootie's Onions Editor: ...
All Time Low: Some Kind of Disaster [OFFICIAL VIDEO] All Time Low's official music video for 'Some Kind Of Disaster' from their upcoming album Wake Up, Sunshine - available everywhere April 3rd via Fueled By Ramen. fbr.lnk.to Listen to 'Some King Of Disaster' here: atl.lnk.to Follow All Time ...
I Am There for You - Huey Lewis Provided to YouTube by BMG Rights Management (US) LLC I Am There For You · Huey Lewis & The News Weather ℗ 2019 NEW HULEX, LLC under exclusive license to BMG Rights Management (US) LLC Drums, Percussion: Bill GibsonBackground ...
#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 200209The the last six months or so was “sand, sandbags, pounding, sand, sand, sand”... it was by far the most physically grueling (54,000 pounds of sand we moved - just the two of us), and the longest on the timeline. ...
#thegreatpoolpondconversion (dangerman)
AP VoteCast: NH Democrats Angry, Seek Alternative to Trump While everyone does the usual horse race comparisons as if NH results really matter, this journalist focuses on the essential. WASHINGTON (AP) — Democratic voters in Tuesday’s New Hampshire primary were angry at President Donald Trump’s administration and eager ...
James Taylor - American Standard: Teach Me Tonight (Official Music Video) Order James Taylor’s upcoming album American Standard here: found.ee Written in 1954, “Teach Me Tonight" has become a jazz standard and been covered dozens of times. Dinah Washington’s version, an R&B hit in 1954, was inducted into the GRAMMY ...
Views: 1,025 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 1
Oh Wonder - in and Out of Love (Official Video) 'In And Out Of Love from the upcoming album ‘No One Else Can Wear Your Crown’, out 7th February 2020. Pre-order the album on signed vinyl, CD and cassette - ohwonder.lnk.to Tickets for Oh Wonder's 2020 World Tour are ...
2 weeks ago
Summertime - Billy Strings & Marcus King A pair of today's best performing a timeless tune! Billy Strings and Marcus King play "Summertime" live at Carter Vintage Guitars in Nashville, TN. Billy is playing a '36 000-28 and Marcus is playing a '54 Telecaster cartervintage.combillystrings.commarcuskingband.com ...
2 weeks ago
Views: 1,082 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
ANNA MEREDITH - Sawbones Sawbones is taken from Anna Meredith's latest album FIBS: smarturl.it Anna and band announce a US tour for 2020 amidst a sell-out run in the UK. Get tickets for all shows at annameredith.com FEBRUARY5 - London, EartH [SOLD OUT]6 ...
2 weeks ago