The Bob Cesca Podcast: Sniffles the Clown

Politics • Views: 21,284

MP3 Audio

Today’s program from our podcasting affiliate, The Bob Cesca Show:

Nuclear Spooge — NSFW! Jody Hamilton and TRex David Ferguson are here; Trump and your 409k; Ukrainian jetliner may have been shot down by Iran; John Kerry on Lawrence O’Donnell; Trump’s sniffy, breathless Iran remarks; Trump lied again about the Iran Deal; Mike Lee and Rand Paul are fired up about Trump’s military briefing; Trump falsely takes credit for reduced cancer death rate; Trump and Moscow Mitch are still trying to rig the Senate trial; ‘There are so many people walking around without legs’; With music by Synthetic Chocolate and Kaz; and more!

Dread Pirate  Jan 9, 2020 • 5:38:07pm
The Pie Overlord!  Jan 9, 2020 • 5:42:11pm

And the crowd went wild!

NO SMOCKING GUN!  Jan 9, 2020 • 5:53:50pm
Dread Pirate  Jan 9, 2020 • 5:56:24pm
Dread Pirate  Jan 9, 2020 • 5:58:38pm
Dread Pirate  Jan 9, 2020 • 5:59:53pm

That sounds like they got war criming in Afghanistan.

The Pie Overlord!  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:02:22pm

SHROONGAGAIN!!!!

jaunte  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:03:59pm
NO SMOCKING GUN!  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:04:19pm

re: #7 The Pie Overlord!

SHROONGAGAIN!!!!

I’ll be proud of America again when we vote his ass out of office in November.

teleskiguy  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:05:10pm
Jay C  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:08:12pm

re: #6 Dread Pirate

That sounds like they got war criming in Afghanistan.

War criming? Us? Impossible!!!

We’re AMERICANS!!! We’re the “good guys” by default! We only invade and occupy foreign countries for the best and most laudable motives!! For Justice! Democracy! Peace! Their Own Good!!! “Crimes” are what “bad guys” do, so not applicable to us … EVER!!!

PS: I wish this was just snark, but unfortunately, this seems to be a fundamental principle of US policy: and has been as long as I can remember….

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:11:23pm

Left hanging on the last thread:

re: #220 NO SMOCKING GUN!

No doubt. But none of the current leading candidates has had decades of accusations and vitriol hurled at them the way Clinton has. I almost think Mayor Pete might be the best choice of the four because he doesn’t have a long history to mine for votes to misrepresent. Almost; I have no idea which candidates will still be standing when I finally get to vote in the May primary in Kentucky, so I’m pretty agnostic, though I admit I like Warren’s wonkishness.

re: #222 Anymouse 🌹🎃

Between his praise of Mike Pence here in my state, coupled with his standing with a lot of African-Americans, I ain’t voting for him in the primary. (Nebraska switched to a primary system from caucuses for this election, but by May 12 most of these candidates should already be out.)

Mayor Pete’s Invisible Black Police (goes to The Root)

Jay C  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:11:34pm

re: #10 teleskiguy

SRSLY? The current Governor of Mississippi said this? In 2020? It sounds like some quote from 1920, or 1880 - some traditions die really hard Down South, I guess…

teleskiguy  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:15:54pm

From the show I was at 10 days ago. Excellent Billy Joel cover.

Eclectic Cyborg  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:17:44pm

re: #13 Jay C

1. This a deep, deep red state.

2. The black candidate of course, is a Democrat.

3. The full quote was “if Mike Espy AND the Liberal democrats gain [control] of the senate we might be in for a thousand years of darkness.”

4. The governor is an asshole and what he said was still racist as fuck.

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:18:38pm

re: #5 Dread Pirate

This goes back to March 15, 2019. Pompeo did this quite a while ago. Can’t abet Trump war-criming if the ability to block investigators wasn’t already in place.

Romantic Heretic  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:19:57pm

re: #11 Jay C

A trait no other nation seems to possess in quite the same degree that we do — namely, a feeling of almost childish injury and resentment unless the world as a whole recognizes how innocent we are of anything but the most generous and harmless intentions. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The Pie Overlord!  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:20:49pm
dnlS  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:21:07pm

re: #13 Jay C

Bah,
1st black senator ever was from Mississippi
senate.gov

Give the man his due.
I wish more people from MS were proud of this quirk of an otherwise tarnished legacy.

MS has issues for sure and there are many reasons I never want to go back. Ignorance in the replies here about racial makeup are also off. Its still nearly 60% white. Its an odd red state though that could switch purple/blue before UT or MT.

teleskiguy  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:23:35pm

re: #19 dnlS

Hey there! First comment ever! Took you over three years to hatch! Welcome hatchling.

teleskiguy  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:24:46pm
The Pie Overlord!  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:24:59pm

Jenny is probably a bot, but seeing the drooling, slobbering mob in Toledo this evening means there is a >0 probability that Jenny is an actual person.

i(m)p(each)sos  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:28:53pm

re: #22 The Pie Overlord!

She can’t possibly be real… CAN SHE?

The Pie Overlord!  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:29:47pm

re: #23 i(m)p(each)sos

She can’t possibly be real… CAN SHE?

Blocked it now, whatever the fuck it is.

dnlS  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:30:49pm

re: #20 teleskiguy

Thanks!

Me and my fellow MS expats wish too often things would change there faster. I see the federal elections and am hopeful vs some other really entrenched areas. But then I visit again and…

GA/AL recent successes suggest more active participation can start to turn the tide in the 2nd/3rd/? levels of post-confederate-archy BS. Who knows how many levels are left, or what the blow back will be when moderation moves the deep south to start progressing.

Dread Pirate  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:32:39pm
teleskiguy  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:33:07pm

re: #23 i(m)p(each)sos

MAKE PANGAEA GREAT AGAIN!!!

Patricia Kayden  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:34:47pm

re: #21 teleskiguy

😂 Fling those asteroids at Trump properties.

Dave In Austin  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:36:18pm

Lite crowd of magats tonite.

Dangerman (misuser of the sarc tag)  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:38:15pm
“A Justice Department inquiry launched more than two years ago to mollify conservatives clamoring for more investigations of Hillary Clinton has effectively ended with no tangible results, and current and former law enforcement officials said they never expected the effort to produce much of anything,” the Washington Post reports

SMDH what the effing eff waste of time and money

and credibility

Patricia Kayden  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:38:40pm
The Pie Overlord!  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:40:14pm
jaunte  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:40:20pm

What a depressing waste of money.

Belafon  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:42:13pm

re: #32 The Pie Overlord!

Yeah, no way Fox isn’t tweaking their polls.

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:44:59pm

re: #23 i(m)p(each)sos

She can’t possibly be real… CAN SHE?

Of course she is! Her bio screams real.

True American Patriot 🇺🇸 Christian ✝️ Retweeted by President Trump 🙏 & believer in my savior Jesus Christ. God Bless you all regardless of belief or party

If she’s a Christian, then she doesn’t understand her faith, because that god surely wouldn’t bless me.

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:47:56pm

My wife is trying out one of the chicken recipes she got from the Pakistani restaurant owner in Chicago a couple days ago.

Barefoot Grin  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:49:29pm

Does Don, Jr. call Melania “mom”? I wonder if that makes Kimberley jealous.

The Pie Overlord!  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:49:49pm
dnlS  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:50:41pm

Its been a few years since I looked into this.

governing.com

Gives some reasons why GA is changing more quickly than AL or MS. Demographics would make me think MS would shift ahead of AL. That being said the impact of Southern Baptist/Evangelicals/Mega churches are different. In AL they seemed more entrenched.

Citizen K  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:52:44pm

re: #5 Dread Pirate

Because this is totally how normal and not war crime-y administrations operate. Totally.

EDIT: Fixed typo

teleskiguy  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:55:06pm

ZING.

jaunte  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:55:15pm

Dueling braggarts

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:55:23pm

What a depressing waste of money.

While we were in Chicago, television was carpet-bombed with Bloomberg adverts. Bloomberg really wants to preserve his billions from a couple percentage point increase in taxation, doesn’t he? If he succeeds in buying the Democratic nomination, those adverts will be a good investment for him.

We didn’t see any such adverts in Iowa though. I guess he doesn’t think the first-in-the-nation caucus is important enough because Iowa only has six electoral votes?

When we drove across Iowa in May, the state was end-to-end Gabbard billboards. It still is. I guess buying up all the billboard space early ensured other candidates couldn’t get one.

We routinely get ignored with political advertising here. I get that campaign funds are somewhat limited, but you’d think maybe a newspaper or radio advert, just one? It’s like we don’t exist here.

Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:56:16pm

re: #32 The Pie Overlord!

I will certainly vote for Steyer if he happens to buy win the nomination. Actually he’s a pretty good guy, with a long history of environmental and social activism. Among other things, he was one of the targets of Trumpite mail-bomber Cesar Sayoc.

uriel  Jan 9, 2020 • 6:56:35pm

re: #23 i(m)p(each)sos

She can’t possibly be real… CAN SHE?

She does seem like a badly designed AI experiment.

gocart mozart  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:01:38pm
Barefoot Grin  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:09:14pm

Dueling braggarts

“oh yeah, I’ve gotten dingleberry-induced sinus infections!!!”

Patricia Kayden  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:13:37pm
Barefoot Grin  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:13:54pm

I don’t know Steve Katz from Dick Wagner, but about once every 6 months I have to listen to Lou Reed “Rock n Roll Animal.” Hole-ee-shit.

Patricia Kayden  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:16:13pm

Amory Blaine  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:17:19pm

re: #50 Patricia Kayden

Cute and smart.

Rightwingconspirator  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:25:44pm

re: #50 Patricia Kayden

@theManksy wishes Puppy much love and happiness
Image: UOHz_0Dt_bigger.jpg

William Lewis  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:27:55pm

re: #49 Barefoot Grin

Ah, hell, now I need to listen to that album. Sorry neighbors… no, not really :D

Hecuba's daughter  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:28:05pm

re: #44 Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel

Hate to say this — but watched a Steyer ad on TV and liked him as a person. Unlike the other Dem billionaire in the race, he has no experience but there’s something genuine about his persona. He really cares about issues and I’m sure he would appoint experienced people to fill all the government positions, assuming that we can ever repair the damage inflicted by Trump in following Bannon’s goal of deconstructing the administrative state.

All I want is a Democrat who can defeat Trump and bring in with them a Democratic Senate and Democratic House.

Rightwingconspirator  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:28:54pm
retired cynic  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:29:47pm

re: #54 Hecuba’s daughter

I don’t like the precedent: both parties just nominating “billionaires” with no governing experience. Even if he did very well…

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:30:09pm
Barefoot Grin  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:32:06pm

re: #53 William Lewis

I just lose a little hearing via ear buds—until my family units come to complain about the side hiss. Speaking of which. TTFN.

jaunte  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:36:31pm
makeitstop  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:36:36pm

re: #49 Barefoot Grin

Steve Katz…haven’t heard that name in a while. He was the original guitarist in Blood Sweat & Tears (when it was Al Kooper’s band). He later became an A&R guy at Mercury Records, where he nearly signed a band I was in in 1978.

goddamnedfrank  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:37:10pm

It definitely has that feel, no?

William Lewis  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:38:18pm

re: #58 Barefoot Grin

In the middle of the final crescendo of Heroin right now… can’t hear anything else at the moment. And I guess I just don’t care…

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:38:36pm

HOLY ACCOLADES, BATMAN!

Burt Ward got his star on Hollywood Boulevard!

And the elegant lady with him is Lee Meriwether!

13thdimension.com

Rightwingconspirator  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:39:30pm

re: #61 goddamnedfrank

It definitely has that feel, no?

No. I wish.
Michael Bay and Tarantino.

William Lewis  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:41:25pm

re: #61 goddamnedfrank

Not that good. More like Uwe Boll or, worse yet, Quentin Tarantino …

Barefoot Grin  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:48:27pm
Anymouse 🌹🎃  Jan 9, 2020 • 7:56:10pm

Scratch a fundamentalist Christian, find a racist …

Coach Dave Doesn’t Like Interracial Couples (goes to Utah Outcasts, caution for coarse language, 7:29)

Coach Dave Doesn’t Like Interracial Couples

Rightwingconspirator  Jan 9, 2020 • 8:01:27pm

re: #53 William Lewis

Try this next maybe…

Iframe

stpaulbear  Jan 9, 2020 • 8:03:29pm

re: #56 retired cynic

I’m kinda thinking that people are going to be very leery of billionaires when it comes to voting in the primaries. They may be able to swing some polls, but I’m hoping that voting democrats will have had had enough of rich people telling them what they need. That’s my opinion. I won’t vote for one unless he (of course it’s a he) becomes the D candidate.

stpaulbear  Jan 9, 2020 • 8:06:45pm

re: #60 makeitstop

So do you like him because he almost signed you or hate him because he didn’t?

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jan 9, 2020 • 8:07:20pm

re: #67 Anymouse 🌹🎃

Scratch a fundamentalist Christian, find a racist …

Video

Still have “treasured memories” of when my then-girlfriend and I were accosted by KKKirk KKKameron on the Venice Boardwalk. KKKirk don’t like interracial couples…and Dietra tag-teamed with me to Tongue Fu that ass!

Ace Rothstein  Jan 9, 2020 • 8:08:14pm

re: #66 Barefoot Grin

“Accidentally.” Sure, Jan. Everyone knows Killary And Bill did it.

Romantic Heretic  Jan 9, 2020 • 8:14:21pm

re: #45 uriel

She does seem like a badly designed AI experiment.

I don’t believe any MAGAT could pass a Turing test.

Hecuba's daughter  Jan 9, 2020 • 8:15:39pm

re: #69 stpaulbear

It’s not only Republicans who love “billionaires” who live extravagant lifestyles telling them what to do. Think of how so many (mostly women?) slavishly follow the lives of the rich and famous, especial royalty. There is a widespread belief that somehow wealth gives you more insight into how to run a nation. And maybe it does, if the nation has a feudal society or is an oligarchy. It doesn’t automatically provide character or compassion or knowledge in how to make an economy that works for all, and not just the 1%,

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Jan 9, 2020 • 8:15:43pm

re: #71 Joe Bacon 🌹

Yikes. You ran into Kirk Cameron? I’m sorry for you and your former girlfriend.

Too bad you didn’t record the encounter.

Romantic Heretic  Jan 9, 2020 • 8:18:39pm

re: #66 Barefoot Grin

Of course it was. (rolls eyes)

Belafon  Jan 9, 2020 • 8:19:08pm
Joe Bacon 🌹  Jan 9, 2020 • 8:21:40pm

re: #75 Anymouse 🌹🎃

Yikes. You ran into Kirk Cameron? I’m sorry for you and your former girlfriend.

Too bad you didn’t record the encounter.

That was over 25 years ago. Right when I got a Palm Treo…with no camera…

gocart mozart  Jan 9, 2020 • 8:22:08pm
stpaulbear  Jan 9, 2020 • 8:28:12pm

I posted a comment on that article. I wasn’t feeling very big-tentish at the time.

Here’s a clue for you: Why don’t you pick someone from your own party who’s competent enough for you to vote for instead of expecting us to pick someone who’ll be good enough for YOU. It was your party that decided that Trump was just what you needed, and it’s your party that is backing up his corrupt and criminal administration 1000%. Your party is untrustworthy from top to bottom, from president to voters.

The democrats don’t need to pick someone who will meet YOUR needs. We need to pick someone who can bring progressive government that provides for the needs of everyone and is not weighted for the wealthy. We need to do what we do best. We don’t need to do this for YOU. We don’t even trust that you have the country’s best interests in mind. Your party picked Trump. Your party is still standing with Trump.

Fix yourself first.

Belafon  Jan 9, 2020 • 8:36:41pm

re: #80 stpaulbear

1. A lot of states aren’t holding GOP primaries, so voting for another Republican isn’t really an option.
2. The best way, right now, to either destroy the GOP or gat them to reform is for the party to keep losing elections, which right now means Democrats have to get more votes.
3. No, it’s not pure job to cater to Republicans.

Edited.

Belafon  Jan 9, 2020 • 8:37:38pm

Reload.

gocart mozart  Jan 9, 2020 • 8:39:24pm
Belafon  Jan 9, 2020 • 8:42:10pm

nbcnews.com

WASHINGTON — The House adopted a war powers resolution Thursday with the aim of limiting President Donald Trump’s military actions against Iran.

The adoption of the measure 224-194 on a largely party-line vote came amid heightened tensions between the two countries after the United States killed top Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani and Iran retaliated with a ballistic missile attack against Iraqi airbases housing U.S. forces.

Republicans Thomas Massie of Kentucky, Matt Gaetz and Francis Rooney, both of Florida, voted for the measure, while eight Democrats voted against it: Joe Cunningham of South Carolina, Josh Gottheimer of New Jersey, Kendra Horn of Oklahoma, Elaine Luria of Virginia, Ben McAdams of Utah, Anthony Brindisi, Stephanie Murphy and Max Rose, all of New York

makeitstop  Jan 9, 2020 • 8:45:28pm

re: #70 stpaulbear

So do you like him because he almost signed you or hate him because he didn’t?

I liked him. He was one of the first big time guitarists I ever met, and he was a pretty good guy.

I blame the not getting signed part on our manager at the time, who picked the wrong time to be a total asshole. He went into a meeting with Katz and got pissy, and ended up being escorted out of the building. We fired him shortly after that.

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Jan 9, 2020 • 9:06:19pm

3. No, it’s not pure job to cater to Republicans.

Edited.

How is that going to work, exactly? If a state isn’t holding a primary, what happens to downballot candidates? Are they holding primaries for them but not President?

As many adverts Steyer and Bloomberg are putting out, in those states an advert of “your party won’t let you select your candidate” might be worthwhile to knock off a few votes.

sagehen  Jan 9, 2020 • 9:06:29pm

re: #69 stpaulbear

I don’t think Bloomberg expects to get the nomination; but…

as long as he’s an officially declared candidate, he can buy as many TV spots as he wants, in whatever states/cities he wants, at whatever time of day he wants, at that station’s lowest ad rate. If he was just.a rich guy with opinions, he could only buy what the station feels like letting him buy, at whatever time of day they feel like or whatever price they want to charge. Sinclair can’t refuse a candidate.

Same for his donations to Stacy Abrams’ voter registration efforts; a candidate can donate as much as he wants, some random rich guy with opinions has limits.

None of Bloomberg’s ads criticize any Dems. They’re anti-Trump, or issue-specific (on issues that Dems like). And if he happens to get some delegates (since none of the D primaries are winner-take-all), maybe he can have a voice in a split convention.

Brandi Carlile - the Times They Are A-Changin’ (Live on KEXP) Come senators, congressmen Please heed the call Don't stand in the doorway Don't block up the hall For he that gets hurt Will be he who has stalled There's a battle outside And it is ragin'. It'll soon shake ...
Cage the Elephant - Broken Boy (Audio) Ft. Iggy Pop “Broken Boy” feat. Iggy Pop available now: smarturl.it Get Cage The Elephant’s latest album ‘Social Cues’: smarturl.it I was born on the wrong side of the train tracksI was raised with a strap across my backLay me on my ...
Wolf Parade - Julia Take Your Man Home [OFFICIAL VIDEO]"Julia Take Your Man Home" from the album Thin Mind (Release Date: January 24, 2020) megamart.subpop.com Spotify: u.subpop.comAppleMusic: u.subpop.comAmazon: amazon.com Wolf ParadeFacebook: facebook.comBandcamp: wolfparade.bandcamp.comInstagram: instagram.comTwitter: @WolfParade VIDEO CREDITS: Animation by Chad VanGaalen YouTube
Stay ‘97 Listen to this bass - Gail Ann is superb. Previously this version was only available as a bootleg. Provided to YouTube by Rhino/ParlophoneStay '97 · David Bowie Stay '97 ℗ 2020 Jones/Tintoretto Entertainment Company LLC under exclusive licence to ...
Black Pumas - Fire (Official Live Session) Black Pumas’ debut album is available now - limited edition vinyl, CD and digital formats: smarturl.it FOLLOW BLACK PUMASTour Dates: theblackpumas.comFacebook: facebook.comTwitter: @blackpumasmusicInstagram: instagram.com Video Directed by Amos David McKayVideo Filmed at Arlyn Studios – Austin, TX LYRICSI’ve got ...
Sergio Mendes & Brasil 66 - Mas Que Nada (Introduced by Eartha Kitt / Something Special 1967)Sergio Mendes & Brasil 66 - Mas que nada, from Eartha Kitt's Something Special 1967.
Wes Montgomery - Here’s That Rainy Day - Live London 1965Stan Tracey (piano) Wes Montgomery (guitar) Rick Laird (bass) Jackie Dougan (drums)Television broadcast, "Tempo", ABC TV, London, England, May 7, 1965
Halsey - You Should Be Sad (Lyric Video) Halsey’s new album ‘Manic’ out now! halsey.lnk.toiTunes: halsey.lnk.toSpotify: halsey.lnk.to Apple Music: halsey.lnk.toAmazon: halsey.lnk.toGoogle Play: halsey.lnk.to Get tickets to #ManicWorldTour! Each ticket purchase comes with a physical copy of ‘Manic’.halsey.lnk.to Follow Halsey –Twitter: @halsey Facebook: facebook.com Instagram: instagram.comSpotify: halsey.lnk.toOfficial Site: ...
#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 200119Yup, some are now calling it "The Pondathon" The boards we pounded in to the sump last week were not long enough to reach bottom.We didnt want to spend all day sunday on this and lose a day. And we ...
Dangerman (slowly converting a pool into a pond)
Views: 2,770 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 2
Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers - California (Official Lyric Video) ​@Steve Martin and @Steep Canyon Rangers present "California"Get the song now via @Rounder Records found.ee Produced by RMV ProductionsAnimators: Matt Entecott and Tash TullyDirector: Peter ReeveInstagram: instagram.comTwitter: @RMVProdsFacebook: facebook.com Follow Steve Martin on Twitter: @SteveMartinToGoFor more info and tour ...