Elizabeth Warren for President

Politics • Views: 20,674

I don’t usually do endorsements, but I am tonight.

Charles Johnson  Feb 20, 2020 • 7:11:59pm

Sometimes, you just have to commit.

gocart mozart  Feb 20, 2020 • 7:12:57pm
Charles Johnson  Feb 20, 2020 • 7:13:29pm
William Lewis  Feb 20, 2020 • 7:15:18pm

I have been planning to vote for her for awhile now.

Wisconsin’s primary is April 7. That I hope will simply be the first time I vote for her.

gocart mozart  Feb 20, 2020 • 7:21:31pm
jaunte  Feb 20, 2020 • 7:22:44pm
FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt'n😷Trips  Feb 20, 2020 • 7:24:58pm
Disloyal Archangel  Feb 20, 2020 • 7:26:59pm

Aww, seems I hurt the sensitivities of the poor little concentration/death camp enthusiast Harvard professor…

Apparently Prof. Dirtbag is blocking every person criticizing him. Guess it saves me the trouble of blocking the schmuck myself..

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Feb 20, 2020 • 7:31:47pm

re: #5 gocart mozart

He remains quite honestly one of the most despicable human beings our country has ever produced. There’s nothing admirable about him.

Patricia Kayden  Feb 20, 2020 • 7:34:29pm

Patricia Kayden  Feb 20, 2020 • 7:39:06pm
jaunte  Feb 20, 2020 • 7:45:53pm
jaunte  Feb 20, 2020 • 7:51:48pm
Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  Feb 20, 2020 • 7:53:39pm

A Bethel church dupe on FB asked me which part of the “democrat platform” I liked the most. I responded that there was so much to like but I think my favorite plank was the one that called for fake blonde woo-woo church-ladies to be rounded up, sent to Nevada, and sacrificed to Cthulhu at the climax of the Burning Man Festival. Originally it was virgins but, well, you know the problem with that.

stpaulbear  Feb 20, 2020 • 7:54:57pm

Right before Harris dropped out, a Trump-voting woman at work (who I enjoy talking with) asked me who I liked and I told her “the women”. Harris was my favorite at the time, Warren 2nd, and I liked Klobuchar as much as I liked any of the guys. “The women” is still my answer. I liked Klobuchar more now than I did then, and I get to win either way because she’ll still be one of my senators.

And it goes without saying that I’ll vote for any democrat that goes up against Trump, and will make sure I vote for the democratic candidate all the way down to members of the board of water commissioners.

Disloyal Archangel  Feb 20, 2020 • 7:55:17pm
Dread Pirate  Feb 20, 2020 • 8:10:20pm
goddamnedfrank  Feb 20, 2020 • 8:12:02pm

Seriously tho’ it’s an extremely powerful magical artifact and we should probably throw it into a volcano

Belafon  Feb 20, 2020 • 8:16:48pm

I went to go donate to Warren. She is over $10M since the debate.

goddamnedfrank  Feb 20, 2020 • 8:17:46pm

JFC how is this not the goddamned Onion?

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Feb 20, 2020 • 8:27:18pm

re: #21 goddamnedfrank

JFC how is this not the goddamned Onion?

It almost feels like he’s tanking on purpose or is that oblivious.

jaunte  Feb 20, 2020 • 8:32:04pm

re: #21 goddamnedfrank

Hecuba's daughter  Feb 20, 2020 • 8:37:23pm

re: #21 goddamnedfrank

JFC how is this not the goddamned Onion?

What should be the Onion is every day covering the current occupant of the WH.

The Ghost of a Flea  Feb 20, 2020 • 8:38:06pm

re: #22 LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)

Billionaire, so…the latter.

And nobody in his employ is going to contradict this plan because…more money.

sagehen  Feb 20, 2020 • 8:41:50pm

re: #21 goddamnedfrank

JFC how is this not the goddamned Onion?

It’s possible he can outspend Russia on this election. If he does, I’m okay with that.

Hecuba's daughter  Feb 20, 2020 • 8:43:57pm

re: #26 sagehen

Isn’t Putin supposed to be the richest man on the planet given the money he’s extorted from all the oligarchs in his nation?

Belafon  Feb 20, 2020 • 8:51:16pm
sagehen  Feb 20, 2020 • 8:51:35pm

There’s stuff to legitimately criticize him for, but wanting tax cuts isn’t his thing at all. He’s never supported tax cuts. He’s said frequently taxes on the wealthy should be higher. When he was mayor, he raised both income tax (yes, we have a city income tax) and property tax. The only taxes he cut was sales tax on clothing items that retail for less than $50, and personal hygiene items (grocery store food was already tax-free, restaurant food has the same tax rate as any other consumer good).

ETA: he also supports raising inheritance tax. He’s with Andrew Carnegie on this — if you amass a great fortune in your lifetime, you should also give it away in your lifetime.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Feb 20, 2020 • 8:51:48pm

Maybe people are beginning to wake up and realize that the Republican Party has turned into the Communist Party.

Hecuba's daughter  Feb 20, 2020 • 8:56:31pm

re: #29 sagehen

Yep. It’s the wealth tax he objects to — and to Bernie’s crusade to rid the planet of billionaires — but I never thought he had problems with the income tax. Supposedly, according to Feb 3. Bloomberg News, “Bloomberg’s tax plan released Saturday would raise taxes on the wealthy, increase the corporate tax rate and curb tax-free inheritances of large estates.”

Ace Rothstein  Feb 20, 2020 • 8:57:15pm

I’m seriously considering supporting Elizabeth Warren now.

BeachDem  Feb 20, 2020 • 8:59:21pm

re: #19 goddamnedfrank

Little known fact, it’s the same hat Frosty the Snowman wore.

Also that guy he barely knows, Roger something…

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Feb 20, 2020 • 9:00:31pm

re: #29 sagehen

He’s not my candidate but that seems reasonable.

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Feb 20, 2020 • 9:01:45pm

re: #33 BeachDem

Little known fact, it’s the same hat Frosty the Snowman wore.

Also that guy he barely knows, Roger something…

Embedded Image

Danny DeVito was a better Penguin but Trump’s Joker is really good if you buy the Joker as an agent of chaos.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Feb 20, 2020 • 9:03:12pm

re: #33 BeachDem

Little known fact, it’s the same hat Frosty the Snowman wore.

Also that guy he barely knows, Roger something…

Embedded Image

Why do I have a feeling he’s wearing a bra, thong and a garter belt underneath that garb?

Targetpractice  Feb 20, 2020 • 9:05:47pm

re: #36 Joe Bacon 🌹

goddamnedfrank  Feb 20, 2020 • 9:07:23pm

re: #33 BeachDem

Little known fact, it’s the same hat Frosty the Snowman wore.

Also that guy he barely knows, Roger something…

Embedded Image

That picture was taken shortly after Roger shot Frosty and sold his body, which was 99.9% pure cocaine, to Larry Kudlow.

The Ghost of a Flea  Feb 20, 2020 • 9:09:21pm

Rich people sell themselves the idea that earning money is the highest form of intellect, and therefore it’s best for everyone if they steer thinking in other realms of knowledge. Coincidentally, the profit motive will suddenly become an incredibly important part of whatever they’re now “experts” in. See: assholes at Davos chortling over the idea that fighting climate change might require efforts outside of a profit motive. Or “disruption” amounting to the innovation of treating labor as interchangeable meat units who don’t have lives or a right to their own time. Or whatever fucking happens and is ongoing happening in Gwyneth Paltrow’s head to justify GOOP.

That lady who just paid out the nose to pretend to be a talented opera singer was just especially honest.

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Feb 20, 2020 • 9:09:59pm

re: #36 Joe Bacon 🌹

Come on. The fact he has a Nixon tat on his ass is bad enough for our nightmares.

BeachDem  Feb 20, 2020 • 9:10:25pm

I missed the conversation on the last thread about the Tulsa Massacre, I have to say, much to my shame, that I never really knew about it until I read Dennis LeHane’s “The Given Day.” That led me to reading more about it.

I was pissed when they made a movie of “Live By Night,” the second book in the trilogy, instead of TGD, which was a much more interesting story. (for anyone interested, the third book is “World Gone By.”)

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Feb 20, 2020 • 9:11:09pm

re: #38 goddamnedfrank

True story. Just like Trump uses the same tanning salon as the former Jersey Shore kids.

Targetpractice  Feb 20, 2020 • 9:12:06pm

re: #40 LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)

First, wasn’t it supposed to be on his back?

And second, WHY WOULD YOU MAKE US REMEMBER THAT?! //

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Feb 20, 2020 • 9:15:55pm

re: #41 BeachDem

It wasn’t something we learned about. We learned about the Klan I recall but never how widespread it was in the 20’s. It dominated several state governments and had elected officials in both parties. I’ll gladly admit that the first Klan was all Democrats or at least opposed to the Republicans but the Klan at its peak was an organization with members all around the nation. Although I’m sure my family probably weren’t racially enlightened. I’m glad none were Klan members.

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Feb 20, 2020 • 9:17:01pm

re: #43 Targetpractice

First, wasn’t it supposed to be on his back?

And second, WHY WOULD YOU MAKE US REMEMBER THAT?! //

I mean Joe kinda let the cat out of the bag with making him Klinger. And yeah it is his back. Brain fart.

uriel  Feb 21, 2020 • 4:04:16pm

Just fixing something here.

The Cuomo Brothers Versus the President: What a Show! - Bedlam Farm This is a great read. Money quote: Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York seems to understand something that no other politician or political candidate up against President Trump has yet grasped. You can’t fight a Reality TV Presidency with ...
thecommodore
1 hour, 14 minutes ago
Thanks to Bookshop, Indies Stand a Chance Against Amazon - InsideHook Independent bookstores around the country have a particularly clever lifeline, one perfectly suited to the unprecedented moment we find ourselves in. The strange part? It came into being just weeks before the World Health Organization declared the coronavirus outbreak ...
Bésame Mucho (In French) - Avalon Jazz Band "Bésame Mucho" is a song written in 1940 by Mexican songwriter Consuelo Velázquez. It was also Tatiana's grandmother's favorite song! vocals - Tatiana Eva-Marieviolin - Gabe Terraccianoguitar - Vinny Raniolobass - Wallace Stelzer Shot at the Keep in Brooklyn ...
Portugal. The Man - ‘Created’ (Video by Roger Fishman) Our friend Roger Fishman is an environmental photographer who travels the world taking pictures and videos of landscapes. The images are incredibly striking and beautiful. All the images are as is and not treated to make them look this way. It ...
Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - Only Children Provided to YouTube by The Orchard Enterprises Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - Only Children · Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit Only Children ℗ 2020 Southeastern Records marketed and distributed by Thirty Tigers Released on: 2020-03-27 Producer: ...
Portugal. The Man - ‘Lovely Day’ ( Bill Withers Cover) We did a cover of “Lovely Day”, we know it pales in comparison to the original but there is something special that happens when you learn how to play your favorite songs. We grew up listening to AM radio ...
Conor Matthews - BalloonsStream/download "Balloons": conormatthews.lnk.to instagram.comtwitter.comfacebook.com
Orville Peck - Summertime (Official Video) Official video for "Summertime" by Orville Peck. Listen & Download “Summertime” by Orville Peck out now: orvillepeck.lnk.to Amazon - orvillepeck.lnk.toApple Music - orvillepeck.lnk.toiTunes - orvillepeck.lnk.toSpotify - orvillepeck.lnk.toYouTube Music - orvillepeck.lnk.to Follow Orville PeckFacebook - facebook.comInstagram - instagram.comTwitter - @orvillepeck ...
The Magnetic Fields - Kraftwerk in a Blackout (Official Video) The Magnetic Fields' "Kraftwerk in a Blackout," from 'Quickies,' due in May on Nonesuch Records. Pre-order 'Quickies' to download the track now: smarturl.it Video by Robert Edridge-Waks 'Quickies,' a five 7" vinyl box set, is twenty-eight new short songs ...
#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 200329First we'd like to lodge a complaint: Since the day we laid the liner (3/1/20), it hasn't rained once. Now to business. Since our design does not include a filter, we need to give the whole system a head start. ...
I Don’t Take Responsibility At All (dangerman)