Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:17:02pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:18:08pm
Charles Johnson  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:19:06pm

Really changes it when there’s no audience. Disquieting.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:20:20pm
Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:21:55pm
Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:23:32pm

I read the Cleveland Clinic has a fast (couple hour) test out today, too.

electrotek  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:24:45pm

re: #5 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

We’ll make China or Mexico (or both) pay for it.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:25:25pm
Jay C  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:26:23pm

And the news from Kentucky prompted me to repost from the last thread:

e: #575 I Would Prefer Not To

re: #576 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

re: #578 LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)

I dunno: not to be a downer or anything, but I can’t imagine that Mitch McConnell hasn’t spent a considerable amount of his career making absofuckinglutely damn sure that his home-state electoral base is safe. And Kentucky is a pretty “red” state: they seem only to have elected (D) Gov. Andy Beshear last year because his (R) opponent - Matt Bevin - was a unpopular Colossal Douchebag even by Republican Colossal Douchebag standards: IIRC, the GOP took virtually every other statewide office. Sen. McTurtle losing his seat would certainly be an occasion of sublime rejoicing, but it doesn’t, sadly, seem particularly likely. [DISCLAIMER: I know quite little about KY politics: correction of erroneous conclusions will be appreciated.]

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:27:18pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:29:01pm
LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:29:35pm

re: #9 Jay C

And the news from Kentucky prompted me to repost from the last thread:

e: #575 I Would Prefer Not To

re: #576 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

re: #578 LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)

Mitch’s seat has actually been somewhat competitive in presidential election years. Don’t forget that Harry Reid was vulnerable in 2010 and probably would have lost if not for Sharron Angle being nucking futs.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:30:31pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:31:45pm
Charles Johnson  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:31:45pm
Mescalero09  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:32:26pm
PhillyPretzel  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:34:19pm

re: #16 Mescalero09

I too hope Mr Barkley is okay.

Charles Johnson  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:36:32pm
LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:36:42pm

This was a good move by Pelosi so of course it has certain people outraged: Spanish is the second commonly spoken language in our country. There are a lot of Spanish first speakers who speak English just fine but still think in Spanish and having something like this communicated to them in their native language is helpful.

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:37:49pm

He sounded like an American president. I think we’ve missed that sound so much the past four years. He wasn’t my first choice either though I concede I warmed on him earlier than most but I trust him do the right thing here and assemble the best possible team together.

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:40:13pm

And if you read what trump supporters say, Biden was incoherent and trumps speech was some kind of coup de grace… HE NAILED IT!

Mescalero09  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:40:41pm

re: #17 PhillyPretzel

I hope everyone is OK, but that’s not going to play out.
And I’m glad he was tested, but I doubt I could get that test. Or you.
Some things never change, they just get worse and as long as the GOP has a FINGER on the power to say who lives and who dies we are all next.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:40:57pm
A hollow Gandalfian voice says, VOTE, you fools!  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:41:37pm

Biden wasn’t my first choice either, but he was my second (foreign policy). Infinitely glag I don’t (apparently) have to work up enthusiasm for Bernie.

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:41:49pm

You know maybe next time don’t hire your son in law to be a key presidential adviser, okay.

A hollow Gandalfian voice says, VOTE, you fools!  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:42:15pm

re: #21 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

I don’t. Why do you waste your time?

Mescalero09  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:43:29pm

I guess the next industry that gets a bailout will be sports booking.
Man will they be slammed.

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:43:48pm

re: #24 A hollow Gandalfian voice says, VOTE, you fools!

I think foreign policy is going to be where he proves the greatest. Russia and China have used this opportunity to try to exploit the alienation Trump has caused. I think Biden and whatever ambassadors and secretary of state he has will be welcomed in the capital cities of the world. No idea who Biden would make SoS but there are a lot of fine statesmen/women that would restore a lot of morale not just to the State Department HQ in DC but also abroad.

Dread Pirate  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:43:58pm
b.d. (We're on our own, Vote!)  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:44:08pm

re: #27 Mescalero09

I guess the next industry that gets a bailout will be sports booking.
Man will they be slammed.

And scalpers, won’t someone please think of the scalpers!

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:44:55pm

O_o

electrotek  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:45:53pm
A hollow Gandalfian voice says, VOTE, you fools!  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:46:16pm

re: #22 Mescalero09

I hope everyone is OK, but that’s not going to play out.
And I’m glad he was tested, but I doubt I could get that test. Or you.

I see no advantage to individuals in being tested, since there’s no treatment but supportive care. We need the tests to track the epidemic. For individuals, if you’re sick, assume you have it and isolate yourself. If you’re seriously ill, get ye to urgent care or an emergency room.

Jay C  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:47:06pm

re: #21 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

Trump could have put his finger to his lips and gone boinga-boinga-boinga-boinga for ten minutes, and closed with a fart - and those “supporters” would probably have hailed it as the greatest piece of oratory since the Gettysburg Address.

No cure for stupid, unfortunately…..

Mescalero09  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:47:39pm

re: #30 b.d. (Voting is not a Plot)

No events to scalp. Sports betting just went literally nationwide last year.
You can sit at a game and bet real time. As you follow the ponies. And scratch your lottery card. As your algorithm app checks out the MegaPower Ball odds. And fill that inside straight.

Ace Rothstein  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:48:13pm

re: #35 Mescalero09

Only suckers draw to inside straights.

Dread Pirate  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:48:57pm

re: #34 Jay C

Trump could have put his finger to his lips and gone boinga-boinga-boinga-boinga for ten minutes, and closed with a fart - and those “supporters” would probably hailed it as the greatest piece of oratory since the Gettysburg Address.

No cure for stupid, unfortunately…..

It will give you time to write your will, plan your death.

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:49:12pm
PhillyPretzel  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:50:25pm

re: #38 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

Maybe Verizon might do the same?

Patricia Kayden  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:50:44pm
Charles Johnson  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:52:06pm

Ron Klain retweeting LGF. Never thought I’d see this day.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:53:05pm

O_o

Dread Pirate  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:53:36pm

re: #38 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

Good, I’m paying $30 a month extra because we use about 4-5 terabytes a month. I wonder if they’ll still charge that if I don’t cancel it. Heh, who am I kidding, they are The Phone Company.

Mescalero09  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:54:04pm

re: #36 Ace Rothstein

Ever fill one? What a rush. As long as the ante didn’t drive you out.
Everyone is trying to fill an inside straight in some form or another.
I find it fascinating that bookies and sharps and sharks are now mainstream.
The numbers game has changed all along. Now they give you the numbers with built in odds.
I saw men crumpled for not paying up, or pocketing the bet figuring that would never hit.
Now, it’s right in your pocket. drop a deposit, collect your bonus and off you go.

retired cynic  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:55:03pm

Jennifer Rubin’s piece: Joe Biden already sounds as if he’s the president is a good one.

Seeing what presidential behavior looks like is enough to bring tears to one’s eyes, especially knowing a new president won’t arrive until January at the earliest. The basics of leadership — mastering the facts that give one authority, displaying empathy, being honest about the extent of the crisis without fomenting panic and giving people a sense that they will not go without care — are entirely beyond Trump’s reach. To see them on display was like finding a precious family heirloom you had misplaced.

Biden closed with a series of promises that should not have been noteworthy. However, they now stand out, a bright light at the end of our very dark Trumpian tunnel. “No President can promise to prevent future outbreaks. But I can promise you that when I’m president, we will prepare better, respond better, and recover better… . We will listen to experts and heed their advice. We will rebuild American leadership and rally the world to meet global threats.” He added, “And I will always, always tell you the truth. That is the responsibility of a president. That is what is owed to the American people.” What a delight it would be to have a president who did not compulsively lie.

And Biden sent out his full text to his email list.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:56:27pm

Kentucky’s only Democratic congressperson in DC:

Charles Johnson  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:59:23pm
retired cynic  Mar 12, 2020 • 5:59:26pm

re: #45 retired cynic

And gag, the comments are full of trolls who say they are Bernie 2020 or yellow vest.

EPR-radar  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:02:31pm

Trump may be a double-threat virus dispenser — some nasty norovirus from his ass, covid19 from everywhere else.

lawhawk  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:04:36pm

I have to admit, that this ongoing crisis is wearing me out emotionally. It reeks of Sandy and 9/11 in terms of scope/scale around NYC metro area, and everyone hunkering down in uncertainty and weariness and not an insignificant amount of fear.

With those other events, there was a rally point, there was something you could “attack” whether it’s rallying around the flag to go after an enemy, or helping folks out with cleanup.

Here? It’s invisible and is stealthily spreading across the globe so there’s nothing to see until you’re sick.

We’ll get through this, but Trumpworld isn’t going to make it any easier. The bulkshit will be coming faster and faster, and the media will still be treating this as normal. That’s the most infuriating part of all of this. The gaslighting is off the charts (thing Desert Storm oil field fires x1000). /rant off.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:05:15pm
Charles Johnson  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:06:10pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:06:58pm
Charles Johnson  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:07:00pm

re: #50 lawhawk

I have to admit, that this ongoing crisis is wearing me out emotionally.

Me too.

The Pie Overlord!  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:08:55pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:09:54pm
EPR-radar  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:11:32pm

re: #50 lawhawk

E.g., that estimate from Ohio that 1% of the state already has it. That estimate may be too high, but the disturbing thing is that if 1% of the US/Ohio doesn’t have it now, just wait a few days and it will be 1% or more.

That’s what lack of testing and containment has ensured.

stpaulbear  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:11:58pm

Amy Klobuchar

@amyklobuchar
Mayo has developed a COVID-19 test. The initial testing availability will be small but expanding soon. While the Trump administration was limiting the test to its own CDC, we are grateful that other clinics & researchers around the country did not give up.

Mayo is going to have a good chance to test the test locally. Someone in the Rochester MN area went to work knowingly sick and was then tested positive. He was in contact with a lot of people.

Dread Pirate  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:12:28pm
The Pie Overlord!  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:14:42pm

The gaslighting never ends.

The Pie Overlord!  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:15:42pm

Sorry, you and me were not supposed to see Ronna’s Tweet. It was intended for one person only.

The Pie Overlord!  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:16:24pm

Well shitfire

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:16:45pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:17:23pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:18:47pm
Joe Bacon 🌹  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:18:51pm

O_o

I’ve had it with these motherfathers!

TAX THE CHURCHES!
AND
TAX THE BUSINESSES OWNED BY CHURCHES!

Mescalero09  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:19:03pm

guitar players will get it….

Instagram

By @kierandoesthings

PhillyPretzel  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:19:35pm

Yes. There is a wild rumor going around my place of work that we might close because of this virus. I texted my ward leader with that information. He still has not texted me back.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:21:10pm

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:23:46pm

re: #69 Joe Bacon 🌹

and Medicare deductible applies, so not exactly “no cost”

stpaulbear  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:24:50pm

Philmonger
@phillipmbailey
NEW:
@senatemajldr Mitch McConnell shut down a @HouseDemocrats coronavirus plan that includes paid sick leave, free testing and unemployment benefits on Thursday, describing it as liberal ‘wish list.’

“But why aren’t the Democrats doing anything?”

Dread Pirate  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:26:33pm

STRESS break.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:26:40pm
lawhawk  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:27:21pm

re: #71 stpaulbear

McConnell doesn’t care about public health. He wants to make sure the oil companies get their due. He wants millionaires to get their bailouts.

I get the Fed doing rate cuts and injecting money into the markets to keep things flowing, but none of that ultimately stops the bleeding.

The Pie Overlord!  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:27:37pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:32:27pm
b.d. (We're on our own, Vote!)  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:36:21pm

Shocked to hear about that Cracker Jack staff getting it all wrong!

makeitstop  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:38:08pm

re: #27 Mescalero09

I guess the next industry that gets a bailout will be sports booking.
Man will they be slammed.

I mentioned that to my wife while we were out earlier. They’re still dropping a ton of money on sports radio, and I imagine they’re under contract for X amount of ads. If they’re not, they’ll probably cancel the ads and leave the stations eating the loss.

The live reads are still selling the hell out of the idea, though. Gotta give them that.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:38:24pm

Let’s face it - a whole lot more people in this country would test positive if we had anywhere near the testing coverage that say South Korea has done.

At this point my goal is simply to minimize my public exposure.

Unfortunately I am supposed to be on jury duty in a couple of weeks, and it has already been postponed the maximum amount. I’m hoping that the superior court will issue some sort of ruling that if one is old enough that we can use that as an excuse to avoid the public.

Note the jury waiting room typically is packed with a few hundred people. Too many for my liking, and possibly even more than the 250 the governor is now asking as the upper limit of gatherings.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:38:26pm
The Pie Overlord!  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:39:24pm
jaunte  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:40:23pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:41:00pm
lawhawk  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:42:12pm

With the current meltdown, just holding it to the current level of losses would be an achievement.

I’m fully expecting the markets to have another bloodbath tomorrow. They aren’t going to do any bargain hunting tomorrow, not when there’s no progress on containing covid19, and businesses and entire industries are shutting down to protect themselves, their employees, and customers.

Everything is pointing to another down day tomorrow. Down 1.5 to 2% across DJIA, S&P, and NASDAQ.

The Pie Overlord!  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:45:49pm
stpaulbear  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:48:37pm

Nunca Trump
@NeverTrumpTexan
Is it any surprise that Stephen Miller gets married and immediately a plague sweeps across the world?

There’s a story in the WaPo about a pregnant woman who fell to her death while trying to cross ‘the wall’.

Steven Miller’s smile has convinced his new wife that he’s already cheating on her.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:50:14pm

re: #84 lawhawk

^VIX jumped 40 points just today to 75 and the projection shows that it could get over 95 tomorrow…

calochortus  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:51:02pm

I’m just spitballing here, but wouldn’t it be better for the economy if we address the underlying problem (pandemic) than to just try to shore up the markets?
This is like having a 2 story house with a fire on the first floor and trying to protect stuff on the second floor from smoke damage without addressing the fact that the house is on fire.

jaunte  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:52:45pm
Mescalero09  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:53:16pm

re: #78 makeitstop

They have to maintain the relationship. After all, if that card game isn’t at your house…..
People have little idea how much is legally bet on sports in this nation. Throw the illegal trade in and it’s billions.
But artists and acts and musicians will get killed. Tours are booked and money is already spent. You know how intricate it is to tour and get your ducks in a row a year out. I have tickets to see Bet Hart in Glenside Pa in May. I hope that’s up, if not, I have to wait at least another year to see her.
Good time for the nation to take 4 to 6 weeks off and love and care for one another.
I’m waiting to hear back from the Census. I’m not sure if I want to be walking up to houses in the sticks. We see.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:53:23pm
FFL (GOP Delenda Est)  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:56:27pm

re: #88 calochortus

The Administration is treating the issue as a political problem. And chosen to take a course that “fixing” the market is the solution since Trump’s apparently lone accomplishment in his term was benefiting from a bull market that carried in from the previous administration. Plus, at this point, trying to address it as a country-wide health issue will be admitting to a number of grievous errors in the previous few years on that front as well as admitting a complete case of flailing ineptitude* in the past few months as this crisis formed.

* - Ineptitude piled on top of continued brazen lying about what might come to pass.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:56:48pm

thoughts and prayers…

The Pie Overlord!  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:57:35pm

Katie Porter 2024

The Pie Overlord!  Mar 12, 2020 • 6:59:38pm
Disloyal Archangel  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:00:32pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:02:16pm
Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:05:14pm

Oh, I like her.

calochortus  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:05:19pm

re: #92 FFL (GOP Delenda Est)

All of which is true, but none of what they’re doing now is going to fix the market either.
It is my personal opinion (which is that of someone with no expertise whatsoever) the market has been overvalued so some of the correction doesn’t need to be fixed, but things seem to be in free-fall at the moment which is never good.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:05:56pm

Did that ass take off his hood and bedsheets before he tweeted that racist garbage?

jaunte  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:06:14pm
jaunte  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:06:53pm

Car salesman patter breaking through.
“Lots of options!”

calochortus  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:06:59pm

Sounds like the kiss of death for the Olympics.

jaunte  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:07:43pm

Tax cuts! Throw in the undercoat!

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:12:24pm

The daily afternoon update from the University of Nebraska Medical Center on the nationwide epidemic.

March 12

One person from remaining seven Americans evacuated from the Diamond Princess cruise ship was moved from the National Quarantine Unit to the Nebraska Biocontainment Unit for monitoring after a ground-level fall.

A 36-year-old Omahan being treated in the biocontainment unit remains in critical condition. A 16-year-old from Crofton, Neb., still is in serious condition.

The quarantine unit welcomed seven new arrivals Wednesday night.

In order to lessen the impact of COVID-19 on the Omaha community and the region, it is important to avoid large crowds and take other preventive measures now. Information and resources are available here.

Cases in the U.S. have reached about 1,325, with 38 deaths. Worldwide, cases stand at nearly 128,000 in 116 countries, with nearly 4,720 deaths.

nebraskamed.com

sagehen  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:13:12pm

re: #85 The Pie Overlord!

can he do that without congress?

FFL (GOP Delenda Est)  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:17:41pm

re: #99 calochortus

In part due to the fact that what the Administration is doing is not going to fix or stabilize the market. The market wants to see concrete steps taken indicating that there will be things done to indicate when and how things will start to return to normal. And it’s clear simply by looking beyond what Trump and sycophants are crowing that the spread in the US and elsewhere has not peaked, is probably under reported, and that conditions will get worse.

And their employees will shortly start worrying about what happens to them and their family if *they* get sick more than what they are supposed to be doing at a job. To date, there are no indications that they can get tested, *pay* for testing if they need it, have any coverage or income if they can’t work, etc.

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:19:17pm

re: #26 A hollow Gandalfian voice says, VOTE, you fools!

I don’t. Why do you waste your time?

The basis of gathering intelligence is listening to what your adversary says.

You cannot counter your adversary’s moves if you don’t know what they’re talking about.

It is mind-numbing sometimes to listen to conservaderp, but not listening to it for decades is why we’re in this position now.

People listening to folks like Jim Bakker or Alex Jones who are not their followers are why they are being slapped down for quackery now.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:19:25pm

re: #105 Anymouse 🌹🎃

Though that release is dated 12 Mar, note that the global case count is near 135k and deaths are approaching 5k.

The progress of spreading is indeed exponential in the absence of mitigation, until a sufficiently high share of the population is immune to flatten the response.

Kilroy was here  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:20:23pm
calochortus  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:21:35pm

re: #107 FFL (GOP Delenda Est)

So, maybe we can work on fixing the underlying problem rather than spray painting over it with gold paint? Please?

goddamnedfrank  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:24:08pm
Dread Pirate  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:24:20pm
FFL (GOP Delenda Est)  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:25:46pm

re: #111 calochortus

You won’t see that from “The Emperor” anytime soon. He is fixated on it solely as a political problem combined with his belief that admitting error is a sign of weakness. And the followers have been winnowed of those with independent thought at this point. The Senate seems thoroughly cowed and I don’t expect any spines to grow there for at least a month - and that’s assuming there is a body count by that can’t be ignored.

And if Fox News continues to play it as a trivial political ploy a chunk of the nation will continue to mumble about “but her emails” as they pass the graveyard.

Charles Johnson  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:26:07pm
LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:26:35pm

re: #112 goddamnedfrank

He never shuts the fuck up.

calochortus  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:27:33pm

re: #114 FFL (GOP Delenda Est)

I know. But I do find it slightly encouraging that more and more Freepers seem to realize there’s a problem. Not Trump’s fault of course, but maybe covid isn’t quite as much of a hoax as previously thought.

FFL (GOP Delenda Est)  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:30:17pm

re: #117 calochortus

Expect lots of CTs espoused to paper over the huge failure by Trump&Co. Already lots of “foreign” virus stuff tossed out; standard blaming of “other”. Obama, immigrants, and Democrats (in general) will be blamed next.

I expect some people will also now break free of the mind rot, but I doubt this will be the “dam breaking” moment.

The Pie Overlord!  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:31:29pm

re: #112 goddamnedfrank

Where did the 78% approval rating come from? The same place as his other “record numbers” which is his ass?

FFL (GOP Delenda Est)  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:32:02pm

re: #119 The Pie Overlord!

78rpm is his new spin rate.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:32:02pm

re: #119 The Pie Overlord!

Among Republicans. You know, the only people who actually matter.

The Pie Overlord!  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:32:49pm

re: #118 FFL (GOP Delenda Est)

I think they have found their talking point BUT WHATABOUT OBAMA SWINE FLU!!!!

The Pie Overlord!  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:34:12pm

re: #121 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

Among Republicans. You know, the only people who actually matter.

But he has claimed his approval among GOP is 95% and this 78% is “the highest on record!” but we know that he can’t do number good.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:35:58pm

re: #123 The Pie Overlord!

I wonder if it’s one of those soft polls that have the “strongly disapprove”, “disapprove”, “neutral”, “approve”, “strongly approve” type of option, and he’s only counting in the 22% the “strongly disapprove”. I dunno. It’s far more likely that he’s literally just making shit up.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:36:04pm

Folks did you receive your letter from the Census and try to go on line?

I’m trying and getting locked out…

FFL (GOP Delenda Est)  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:38:13pm

re: #125 Joe Bacon 🌹

Folks did you receive your letter from the Census and try to go on line?

I’m trying and getting locked out…

Got it today. Have not tried the website yet.

cat-tikvah  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:39:03pm

Fun times in my neck of the woods. Actually, this is the right call. Meanwhile, Mr. cat-tikvah works in an emergency department…

governor.pa.gov

The Pie Overlord!  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:40:48pm
jaunte  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:40:53pm
goddamnedfrank  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:40:57pm
jaunte  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:41:40pm
Charles Johnson  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:41:44pm
LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:42:14pm

Christ.

The Pie Overlord!  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:43:03pm
FFL (GOP Delenda Est)  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:43:29pm

re: #127 cat-tikvah

governor.pa.gov

“Essential services in Montgomery County - police, fire, and emergency medical services, public transportation, essential services for vulnerable populations such as our facilities for people with intellectual disabilities and autism - will still be operational,” Gov. Wolf said. “Supermarkets, pharmacies, and gas stations will remain open, but we do recommend that non-essential retail facilities close.”

Will be interesting to see how the recommendation for non-essential retail facilities to close pans out. That is direct economic impact for a lot of people. This is the county just to the south of me and I expect this to go state-wide before too long.

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:47:23pm

re: #87 Joe Bacon 🌹

What is VIX (Elevator pitch please)?

Dread Pirate  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:50:17pm

re: #134 The Pie Overlord!

…not to mention the fact that Obama actually declared the emergency 6 months before what trump said.

calochortus  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:50:19pm

re: #136 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

What is VIX (Elevator pitch please)?

Stock market volatility index. I completely fail to understand how they calculate it, but over 30 is not a good thing.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:50:42pm

re: #136 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

What is VIX (Elevator pitch please)?

investopedia.com

calochortus  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:51:17pm

re: #137 Dread Pirate

What? Trump lied? Unpossible!

DodgerFan1988  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:53:10pm

This is the Right’s talking point when defending Trump’s poor response to the Coronavirus Crisis: “China! China! China! China! China!”

jaunte  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:53:24pm
The Pie Overlord!  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:53:44pm

re: #137 Dread Pirate

He is repeating a bullshit botswarm fakenews.

Jay C  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:53:50pm

Though it’s nice to see (what I guess should be called) the Pelosi-Mnuchin Plan get finalized - sort of - I noticed that one of the Administration’s proposals that got nixed was to try to means-test the nominally “free” Coronavirus tests the G was otherwise subsidizing. SRSLY: the worst disease outbreak in years, and their concern is… what? Making sure that somebody somewhere making”enough money” doesn’t “mooch” off the Feds for the cost of a test?

Anyway, I wonder how the Senate (no doubt grumpy at having to work instead of being in recess) will deal with this bill? Too much to hope that they’ll just whiz it through….

calochortus  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:54:31pm

Ooooh, yet another event has been cancelled. So far, we have one musical, a weaving guild meeting, a sewing group meeting, one weaving conference and several activities I wasn’t going to be involved in anyway. That’s just in the coming 3 weeks.
We did have book club last night, though. Just a small group.
Still, no real hardship for us and it’s little enough to try to keep the rate of spreading down to a manageable level.

Ace Rothstein  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:54:34pm

You’re not old, you’re just older.

FFL (GOP Delenda Est)  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:54:40pm

re: #141 DodgerFan1988

But doesn’t Trump like China?

stpaulbear  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:57:04pm

re: #146 Ace Rothstein

You’re not old, you’re just older.

In a few years he’ll be oldest.

Patricia Kayden  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:57:36pm
FFL (GOP Delenda Est)  Mar 12, 2020 • 7:58:36pm

re: #149 Patricia Kayden

Wasn’t there something earlier today that the “Wilson” thing is actually false?

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:00:30pm

His whining is so fucking tired.

Ace-o-aces  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:02:12pm
jaunte  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:03:14pm

Hannity’s audience will surely be calmed by this exchange.

DodgerFan1988  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:06:23pm

re: #147 FFL (GOP Delenda Est)

But doesn’t Trump like China?

These people are trying to instigate a pogrom against Chinese-Americans.

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:07:32pm

Belafon  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:08:02pm

Which means they’re both true.

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:08:53pm

re: #154 DodgerFan1988

These people are trying to instigate a pogrom against Chinese-Americans.

Yep move over Muslims and Latinos, Trump has a new scapegoat. It’s so infuriating yet predictable.

jaunte  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:09:24pm

For an 80 year old, Armey hasn’t learned much.

Ace Rothstein  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:10:39pm

Isn’t Armey the wrinkled penis that called Barney Frank “Barney Fag”?

Joe Bacon 🌹  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:11:26pm

re: #159 Ace Rothstein

Isn’t he the wrinkled penis that called Barney Frank “Barney Fag”?

Why yes, the Army Of Dicks said just that!

jaunte  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:11:30pm

re: #159 Ace Rothstein

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:11:42pm

For an 80 year old, Armey hasn’t learned much.

This is a man whose name is literally Dick Armey and he made a homophobic crack about Barney Frank’s name. He’s also the astroturf founding father of the Tea Party.

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:12:32pm

re: #159 Ace Rothstein

Isn’t Armey the wrinkled penis that called Barney Frank “Barney Fag”?

Yep. Maybe we’ll hear Tom Delay’s thoughts next.//

Joe Bacon 🌹  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:12:40pm

re: #162 LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)

Which is why when someone mentioned the “Tea Party” to me I referred to those Teabaggers as The Army Of Dicks!

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:14:07pm

re: #125 Joe Bacon 🌹

Folks did you receive your letter from the Census and try to go on line?

I’m trying and getting locked out…

We have not received the notification yet.

We will fill out the manual form and mail it, though we have Internet service (set in our ways I guess).

Everyone else in town will use the mail-in form since they don’t have Internet service. I asked the village board to promote to the town meeting the importance of participating in the Census.

austin_blue  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:17:35pm

Got mine today.

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:18:43pm

re: #164 Joe Bacon 🌹

The infuriating thing is this isn’t a stupid man. A cynical, self serving one but not outright stupid.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:19:28pm
BeachDem  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:19:47pm

re: #124 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

goddamnedfrank  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:20:36pm
Anymouse 🌹🎃  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:22:20pm

Another RINO admits this is not a hoax. Too bad the people of Wyoming won’t do the right thing and get rid of her.

Charles Johnson  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:23:41pm
plansbandc  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:24:17pm

re: #165 Anymouse 🌹🎃

Got the letter, haven’t tried yet. I’ve heard the site melted down.

BeachDem  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:24:32pm

re: #150 FFL (GOP Delenda Est)

Wasn’t there something earlier today that the “Wilson” thing is actually false?

plansbandc  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:25:02pm

re: #174 BeachDem

stpaulbear  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:28:00pm

Charles Johnson

@Green_Footballs
I was into social distancing long before it was hip.

All of my friends were too. It was weird.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:31:56pm

Dallas County officials say community spread of coronavirus has occurred in North Texas

Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins late Thursday announced that five more people there have tested positive for the new coronavirus — and that one of them had no recent travel history.

“This indicates we have community spread of COVID-19 in Dallas County,” Jenkins said.

So the question is how bad things will get here in the US.

Currently the case mortality is very high here in the US. But that is because we have failed to test adequately.

The death rates in Iran and Italy are high now because the health care systems cannot handle the case loads. In South Korea and Japan, which are still able to adequately care for those infected, the case deaths are much lower.

Dread Pirate  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:31:56pm

re: #155 Anymouse 🌹🎃

I will drive across the country to piss on his grave, and get registered as a sex offender for pissing in public. Ah, I needed something for a new bucketlist, that’ll do.

austin_blue  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:34:19pm

re: #141 DodgerFan1988

Actually (heh!), it’s Jina, Jina, Jina.

Belafon  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:34:33pm

re: #178 Dread Pirate

Pee in a bottle and take it there. I’m sure you won’t be the first.

Charles Johnson  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:35:47pm
jaunte  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:35:49pm

A bucket, for the list.

plansbandc  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:38:04pm
Ace Rothstein  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:38:41pm

A $20T a year economy, and we can’t get anyone tested for a virus. But with the click of a mouse, we can inject $1.5T into the economy to help “calm the markets.” Hell of a thing.

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:39:16pm

re: #178 Dread Pirate

They’ll probably have armed guards around his grave, or it’ll be placed in a location the riff-raff can’t view it.

Belafon  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:39:24pm

I’ve seen 480K deaths. I’d like to seen an updated charge about the number of deaths.

Interesting Times  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:40:32pm
plansbandc  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:40:52pm

re: #184 Ace Rothstein

Money is way more important than our puny little lives.

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:41:38pm

re: #187 Interesting Times

I think he has lost support among Republicans.

stpaulbear  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:41:52pm

re: #177 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

So the question is how bad things will get here in the US.

At the WaPo. Probably behind a pay wall:

Iranian authorities began digging a pair of trenches for victims just days after the government disclosed the initial outbreak. Together, their lengths are that of a football field.

Belafon  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:42:06pm

re: #187 Interesting Times

Dread Pirate  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:43:29pm

Pee in a bottle and take it there. I’m sure you won’t be the first.

That just doesn’t provide the same level of satisfaction.

Disloyal Archangel  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:46:05pm
Belafon  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:47:33pm

re: #193 Disloyal Archangel

And imagine what would happen if Melania caught it first.

Disloyal Archangel  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:47:44pm
goddamnedfrank  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:48:24pm

I …

Belafon  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:48:40pm
Anymouse 🌹🎃  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:50:08pm

44 percent of voters approve of the president’s handling, while 42 percent disapprove
morningconsult.com

It’s a friggin’ cult. That number should be close to zero.

Belafon  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:50:08pm

re: #196 goddamnedfrank

I …

Why didn’t someone say “Mr. President, this is going to kill your voters”?

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:51:45pm

re: #198 Anymouse 🌹🎃

The survey was 3-5 March.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:52:54pm

The Australian equity market crashed big time when it opened. It is struggling to recover, but is still about 4% down.

SteelPH  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:53:22pm

Why didn’t someone say “Mr. President, this is going to kill your voters”?

And risk their jobs by contradicting Dear Leader? I think not!

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:53:37pm

ASX trying to make a liar out of me. A mini rally just happened and now it’s down on the day only 2%.

Belafon  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:53:38pm

Just like the 2009 stimulus.

austin_blue  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:55:35pm

Things we learned today:

Drmpf is clueless about how a pandemic works;

Drumpf is lying through his teeth when he says that testing is being done at US ports of international entry;

The distribution of the virus is absolutely uncontrolled right now. It’s loose and quickly spreading;

We don’t have any clue about how fast it will spread, because we aren’t doing sufficient testing;

We have no idea how many people, when exposed to the virus will become infected and continue to spread the virus;

We have no idea what percentage of people infected by the virus will become seriously ill;

We have no idea if the medical system in the US is prepared for the consequences;

The markets are in meltdown and we have no idea how long this will last;

We have no idea how long global supply chains, everything from food to auto parts, will be affected;

We are in the midst of a global catastrophe and noone at the helm in DC seems to know what to do.

Outside of that, everything is just peachy.

Hecuba's daughter  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:56:49pm

According to Wikipedia, between the first case in April 2009 and mid January 2010 there were about 12,000 deaths out of 57 million cases for a CFR of about .02%; if coronavirus settles on a 1% CFR (instead of the much higher rates now reported), that would mean that coronavirus is about 50 x more lethal than swine flu.

Everything depends, of course, on how widespread the disease becomes. If instead of 57 million cases, there are only 57,000 cases, the number of deaths at 1% would be 570, far less than the earlier epidemic. But if there are 57 million cases — you do the math.

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:57:25pm

Telltale is a religion counter-apologist, formerly a JW, who frequently uses the BITE model to assess whether a particular religious sect behaves in the way we understand a cult to operate.

A few months ago he used it to make an assessment of the Republican Party. (18:41)

Short answer: yes.

Are Republicans In A Cult?

Dave In Austin  Mar 12, 2020 • 8:57:32pm

Maybe this set him off

Belafon  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:00:01pm

I just got this in my email from Studio Move Grill:

Dear Valued Guest,

Given international concerns regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), I want to personally reach out and communicate directly the precautions Studio Movie Grill is taking to keep our guests and team safe while allowing us to keep enjoying movies with confidence.

We are continuously monitoring the recommendations of governmental health agencies, such as the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and local health organizations. We have further elevated our stringent cleaning and sanitation protocol.

Here are some examples of what we are doing:
• Instructing employees to wash their hands a minimum of hourly, which has been proven by the CDC to be the most effective preventative measure.

• Disinfecting bathrooms, door handles, high-touch hard surfaces throughout the theater hourly.

• Deep cleaning every night in all auditoriums, including armrests, cup holders and buttons, in addition to cleaning auditoriums after each show time.

• Educating our team on COVID-19 symptoms as well as preventative measures.

• Requiring that those who are not feeling well stay home to prevent the spread of germs.

COVID-19 has negatively impacted our communities. Studio Movie Grill, along with our amazing community, will come together to overcome this disease. We will remain in close contact with governmental health agencies and take the proper precautions as this situation evolves.

Thank you for your long-term support of Studio Movie Grill and all of our stakeholders. Our dedicated team and guests have been the heart and soul of our business since we opened our first theater in 1993. We remain committed to offering you an incredible experience that opens our hearts and minds, one story at a time.

Thank you for being a part of our community,

Brian Schultz,
Studio Movie Grill Founder/CEO

Belafon  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:00:58pm

re: #208 Dave In Austin

Maybe this set him off

“Due respect” is sort of like something having a probability and finding out that it’s zero.

stpaulbear  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:02:28pm

re: #208 Dave In Austin

“Due respect to @realDonaldTrump” < 0

Hecuba's daughter  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:06:25pm

re: #208 Dave In Austin

Maybe this set him off

Occasionally Geraldo does seem to have some level of ethics and doesn’t exhibit the antipathy toward immigration or other ethnicities expected of Fox personalities.

Hecuba's daughter  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:08:22pm

I just got this in my email from Studio Move Grill:…

The movie scene in Outbreak could give one pause in attending a film at a theater.

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:08:54pm

re: #211 stpaulbear

“Due respect to @realDonaldTrump” < 0

Trump < -∞i

Dread Pirate  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:11:47pm

Trump completes a hat trick of failure.

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:11:48pm
Dread Pirate  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:16:00pm

Star Trek: Picard … 7of9!

Ace Rothstein  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:17:56pm

re: #205 austin_blue

American exceptionalism.

Hecuba's daughter  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:18:06pm

re: #217 Dread Pirate

Star Trek: Picard … 7of9!

Mumble grumble — am I going to have to bite the bullet and sign up for CBS All Access?

Sherlock Hound  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:18:49pm

Bruenig can’t blame Russian bots for being an asshole.
Bots and trolls only mimic what has already been modelled.

Targetpractice  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:20:31pm

So when I got in to work tonight, I was given a heads-up about a few changes going on. Effectively immediately and until further notice (two phrases that always bode well in conjunction), all employees are having their schedules cut by a day due to the ongoing pandemic. If you’ve got PTO, you can draw on that to cover for the missing 8 hours (I’m guessing if you don’t, you’re SOL). Also, we’re to start recording for the GM all cancellations due to the aforementioned pandemic, of which we had two by the time I got in tonight.

No word yet on whether or not we should begin cracking each other’s skulls open and feasting upon the goo inside, but I’ll keep you posted if conditions change.//

sagehen  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:21:23pm

Just like the 2009 stimulus.

and Y2K

plansbandc  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:26:44pm

re: #219 Hecuba’s daughter

Picard is worth it.

Ace-o-aces  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:28:03pm
Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:29:51pm

ASX rallying at the end of their trading day, into positive territory.

Hecuba's daughter  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:31:09pm

re: #224 Ace-o-aces

Still trying to pretend that he’s relevant. He lost his chance when he refused to testify before the House — and now he’ll be remembered as the one who disbanded the pandemic preparedness unit.

Dread Pirate  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:39:47pm
austin_blue  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:41:12pm

re: #225 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

ASX rallying at the end of their trading day, into positive territory.

How many dead cat bounces are we likely to see? At this point, the global supply chain will be FUBAR’d for months. And that is a long, snarled chain to unwind.

It is, quite clearly, an unprecedented logistics issue.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:44:13pm

re: #228 austin_blue

Equity markets, for several years now, have been dominated by gambling, aka “speculation”, instead of fundamentals (P/E ratios, etc.)

So who knows what the masses driven by craziness will do.

Way back in the 19th century, the era of booms and busts, speculation was rampant. But in those days here in ‘Murica, if one went bust, one could just move west and take some more land from those nasty redskins, and start over.

Not so easy today.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:48:22pm

Who knew that your raisins had bargaining power? Not me.

Raisin Bargaining Association’s annual meeting canceled amid COVID-19 concerns

Chrysicat  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:52:08pm
austin_blue  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:53:09pm

re: #229 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

So who knows what the masses driven by craziness will do.

Not so easy today.

I think you are right. They really learned nothing from the last crash. And they truly believed that there were no such things as Black Swans, that would, out of nowhere, stick a baseball bat right up their asses.

Welcome to the first quarter of 2020, where reality intersects with your preconceptions!

They didn’t do their due diligence on risk and now they are stuck with the consequences.

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:56:40pm

Public shaming has again worked against Joel Olsteen (the last time was from the Houston floods).

Lakewood Church closed its services this weekend to the public, instead opting to broadcast the events online in the wake of the public health emergency declaration in Houston, according to a Facebook post from the church.

Services at Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church moved online only amid coronavirus concerns (Houston Chronicle)

goddamnedfrank  Mar 12, 2020 • 9:57:46pm
Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Mar 12, 2020 • 10:00:06pm

Coronavirus : NHS to ramp up testing capacity

It means 10,000 tests a day can be done - 8,000 more than the 1,500 being carried out currently.

Confirmation of any positive test results will be accelerated, helping people take the right action to recover or quickly get treatment.

Most of the people tested should get a result back within 24 hours.

Public Health England has already carried out more than 25,000 tests across the UK.

Too bad the UK has socialist health care. If only they were like the US they’d be better off. Oh… wait…

Targetpractice  Mar 12, 2020 • 10:00:10pm

Perhaps if I get stuck at home for 2 weeks quarantine, I can try building one of these:

September on Floppotron

FFL (GOP Delenda Est)  Mar 12, 2020 • 10:01:23pm

re: #236 Targetpractice

Floppotron sounds like a robot on Futurama built to be an awful comedian or actor.

Chrysicat  Mar 12, 2020 • 10:01:54pm
Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Mar 12, 2020 • 10:02:54pm

Australian equities vacillated rapidly at the end of the day, but the ASX finished up 1.49%.

austin_blue  Mar 12, 2020 • 10:06:43pm

It’s midnight in aus-tex. I’m for the rack.

Hopefully I will will wake up healthy tomorrow, which may be a pipe-dream, because we are testing for the virus as if we were a fucking third-world country and we have no idea where the epicenters are.

The Federal Government has completely failed us in its response. This is the Mango Mussolini’s cross to bear until the election.

jaunte  Mar 12, 2020 • 10:07:35pm
Targetpractice  Mar 12, 2020 • 10:08:32pm

It’s Wall Street Journal, whose op-ed board is just Faux Business in print form.

Targetpractice  Mar 12, 2020 • 10:09:11pm

re: #238 Chrysicat

And some candidates are arrogant enough to think that dragging this all the way to the convention will change the outcome (Hi, Bernie!).

jaunte  Mar 12, 2020 • 10:11:12pm

Trump’s Unusual Governing Style Tests America’s Assumption Of Competence

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Mar 12, 2020 • 10:48:56pm

re: #230 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

Who knew that your raisins had bargaining power? Not me.

Raisin Bargaining Association’s annual meeting canceled amid COVID-19 concerns

Who knew raisins could get Covid-19?

Last updated: 2021-06-05 2:51 pm PDT

Cash.app Shop at amazon
Sen. Rick Scott Senate Re-Election Chair’s GOP PlanDaughter1 provided this clear-text draft of the GOP 11-point plan from the eye-poison on the Scott website. It is still recursive as created, crowded and full of codewords, but much more readable. The "Sundown" clause alone is enough to end ...
Decatur Deb
1 hour, 10 minutes ago
Tweets: 1 •
YUNGBLUD (With WILLOW) - Memories (Official Music Video) YUNGBLUD (with WILLOW) - Memories (Official Music Video) Stream and download “Memories (with WILLOW)” : yungblud.lnk.to watch more official YUNGBLUD videos: yungblud.lnk.to SIGN UP to YUNGBLUD's Mailing List: yungblud.lnk.to subscribe to YUNGBLUD: yungblud.lnk.to connect with YUNGBLUD online:visit the official ...
1 week ago