The Bob Cesca Podcast: Enough

Politics • Views: 19,707

MP3 Audio

Today’s program from our podcasting affiliate, The Bob Cesca Show:

Enough — [Explicit Language] For today’s show, Buzz and I set aside the jokes and the fart sounds to have a serious conversation about where we are today as a nation — a nation in which the president fires upon peaceful protesters in order to stage a photo-op for this campaign. With music by Soul Crackers.

Dave In Austin  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:41:50pm

Fuck Trump

PhillyPretzel  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:42:46pm

Nuck Futs DT

Eric The Fruit Bat  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:44:05pm

So, now CL has been replaced by Fuck Trump.

Methinks Aminah would be most pleased.

PhillyPretzel  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:44:39pm

re: #3 Eric The Fruit Bat

She would appreciate it.

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:45:59pm
Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:46:24pm

im looking at that picture up top

and seriously, i cant figure out what the message is

i mean that

what is his point?
i dont see it

(((Archangel1)))  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:46:26pm
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:46:39pm

Making the Breakfast of Champions for my wife and me.

Beef Stroganoff Helper, made with extruded ground turkey-like substance, with added mushrooms.

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:47:00pm
Sherlock Hound  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:47:51pm

Reposted from downstairs:
re: #391 CarolJ

I loved and love disco. Disco bashing comes out of hating the fabulous people who made the music. Yes, after a while it got a little repetitive, but the alternatives were either weepy rock or retread stuff. KC and the Sunshine Band still makes me dance years later, and there’s Sylvester and Donna Summers, and all the others. Dance, baby Dance.

Donna Summers, RIP. That lady from Dorchester was gone too soon.
[taking the bag with eyeholes off my head. Yeah, I love disco!]

Teddy's Person  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:50:19pm

re: #6 Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)

im looking at that picture up top

and seriously, i cant figure out what the message is

i mean that

what is his point?
i dont see it

I think the point was “I’M NOT A BUNKER BITCH!!”

Colère Tueur de Lapin  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:50:47pm

re: #8 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

Making the Breakfast of Champions for my wife and me.

You always have unique descriptions for your foods.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:51:04pm

re: #3 Eric The Fruit Bat

So, now CL has been replaced by Fuck Trump.

Methinks Aminah would be most pleased.

Oh, she’d be getting a huge kick out of this.

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:51:24pm

re: #6 Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)

im looking at that picture up top

and seriously, i cant figure out what the message is

i mean that

what is his point?
i dont see it

I don’t either. It’s obvious when you listen to him that doesn’t know the Bible from a McDonalds menu.

stpaulbear  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:53:23pm

re: #8 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

Making the Breakfast of Champions for my wife and me.

I should step up to the level of dinner that you’re having. I’ve settled into eating whatever I can make where there are not dishes to wash.

gocart mozart  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:54:02pm
LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:55:06pm

re: #13 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

Oh, she’d be getting a huge kick out of this.

I’m thinking about her, OA, my grandma, & others who aren’t with us anymore. I really have been trying to look for that light at the end of the tunnel. Obviously Trump losing isn’t going to be some panacea but it’s going to be the beginning of I hope a healing process. I still remember being in Amsterdam with my youngest brother and seeing the events of Charlottesville on the news and Trumps response.

NO SMOCKING GUN!  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:55:25pm
Barefoot Grin  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:55:40pm

re: #15 stpaulbear

Pouring Wheaties from the box into my mouth ////

Barefoot Grin  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:58:27pm

There should be an episode about this:

NO SMOCKING GUN!  Jun 2, 2020 • 2:58:52pm

re: #6 Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)

im looking at that picture up top

and seriously, i cant figure out what the message is

i mean that

what is his point?
i dont see it

Symbolic message to his base that he’s with them.

Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:08:07pm

re: #8 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

Making the Breakfast of Champions for my wife and me.

potage parmentier
broiled salmon
left over garlic green beans

makeitstop  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:10:14pm

Wow.

Maybe the protests are working.

PhillyPretzel  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:11:06pm

re: #22 Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)

Mashed Potatoes with Parmesan

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:11:11pm

re: #23 makeitstop

Wow.

Maybe the protests are working.

Yeah, I posted that upstairs. The chief of the MPD officers’ union is also taking flak from the head of the MN AFL-CIO and the former chief of police for being a racist shitbag who demanded that the fired officers be immediately reinstated.

BlueSpotinAL  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:11:49pm

re: #22 Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)

potage parmentier
broiled salmon
left over garlic green beans

Cajun cream sauce with shrimp and conecuh sausage over pasta.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:13:02pm

Item forty in the Buzzfeed big list of faked videos and photographs from the protests around the country declares the Hitler photo holding up a Bible to be faked.

This is the actual photograph.

Teddy's Person  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:15:31pm

re: #27 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

This is the actual photograph.

Upon closer inspection, it looks Trump’s hand and bible were photoshopped onto Adolf’s arm.

Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:17:25pm

re: #11 Teddy’s Person

I think the point was “I’M NOT A BUNKER BITCH!!”

im not being argumentative
that only works if you know the back story

it’s a staged photo
what’s it mean?

the president
standing awfully rigidly - posed even
outside a church
by their message sign that doesnt say anything in particular
holding up a bible
not pointing to it

Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:19:06pm

re: #28 Teddy’s Person

Hitler’s hands were bigger.

Jack Burton  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:19:30pm

re: #27 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

This is the actual photograph.

I thought he was holding up Dr Henry Jones’ Grail Journal in that photo anyway.

Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:20:32pm

re: #30 Blind Frog Belly White

Hitler’s hands were bigger.

everybody’s hands are bigger

Teddy's Person  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:20:56pm

re: #29 Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)

im not being argumentative
that only works if you know the back story

it’s a staged photo
what’s it mean?

the president
standing awfully rigidly - posed even
outside a church
by their message sign that doesnt say anything in particular
holding up a bible
not pointing to it

As it was happening yesterday, Jim Acosta said on CNN that word from the White House was that Trump was upset he was being criticized for “hiding in a bunker.” There was no other message other than “Trump strong Not weak”. The church did not know he was going to do this so they won’t have put anything on the sign. It was a rushed photo op that backfired spectacularly.

Teddy's Person  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:22:07pm

re: #33 Teddy’s Person

Oh, and pandering to his evangelical base.

Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:22:33pm

re: #32 Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)

everybody’s hands are bigger

I’d love for someone, on camera of course, to grab his hand instead of shaking it and say, “Oh, my god! It’s so cute! It’s just like a grownup hand, but so small!”

You know, like you do when you see a baby’s little hands?

gocart mozart  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:22:50pm

re: #27 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

Entirely plausible though. Hitler often used religion in his rhetoric and claimed to be on the side of true Christianity. Mein Kampf is riddled with religious claims. His favorite synonym for Jews was “Christ Killers”. Hitler was every bit as Christian as Donald Trump.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:23:06pm

re: #33 Teddy’s Person

But that’s the point. The photo itself does not convey the message of, “Trump strong.” It conveys the message of, “Here’s a dotard in a cheap suit holding a Bible like it’s bloody Palm Sunday.” The message of the photo is entirely in the context.

calochortus  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:23:31pm

re: #33 Teddy’s Person

I think it also just gave him somewhere to go so there could be film of him leading the way across the park with the White House in the background. There was really no thought given to what he would do when he got there.

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:24:28pm

re: #30 Blind Frog Belly White

Trump has him on bonespurs, though.

Decatur Deb  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:25:15pm

re: #32 Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)

everybody’s hands are bigger

In 50 years a forensic anthropologist will write her thesis on the true span of Mummy Trump’s fingers. If she finds the slit trench where he was dumped.

goddamnedfrank  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:26:31pm
Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:28:23pm

re: #37 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

The whole idea of walking to a church with your daughter carrying “A Bible”* to hand you at the last minute, just to hold it and scowl at the camera, is ridiculous. An actual human would know that 1) you should go there carrying the bible as if it’s something you cherish and read all the time. 2) When you get there, you humbly greet the priest and ask to go inside. and 3) you pretend to pray, at least look thoughtful and reverent.

That’s really such a simple thing. But you can’t except the front half of a centaur to know that.

Teddy's Person  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:28:40pm

re: #37 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

For me, that will be the enteral mystery that is Trump. Where we see a fool in a cheap suit, his supporters see strong man showing leadership.

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:30:56pm

Trump looks like a man who has never read any scripture in his life and thinks you pose with a Bible. It’s not different from how he embraces the flag in the photo ops. He’s Fake.

Teddy's Person  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:31:13pm

re: #42 Blind Frog Belly White

And the chaser is that while he was standing there someone asked him if that was his bible and he responded, it’s A bible. Don Lemon made the crew at CNN play that twice in a row. He just couldn’t believe it.

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:31:31pm

re: #43 Teddy’s Person

Yeah it amazes me that they see him that way.

FFL (GOP Delenda Est)  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:31:35pm

re: #43 Teddy’s Person

Well, was the message for the supporters the ordering of Lafayette Park cleared by force? And rubbed in by it simply being done to remove the dross from his way so that he could stroll across the street?

Decatur Deb  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:32:32pm

re: #46 LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)

Yeah it amazes me that they see him that way.

He’s an ink-blot. Orange ink-blot.

Teddy's Person  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:32:57pm

re: #46 LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)

Yeah it amazes me that they see him that way.

I can’t stand Reagan or Bush Jr. but I understand why they appeal to people. With Trump, I got nothing.

Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:33:18pm

Trump has him on bonespurs, though.

There is that.

I saw a show once on Hitler’s diet, and his doctors. He was a vegetarian who ate a lot of beans, and consequently suffered from considerable flatulence - though no doubt those around him suffered more - and other abdominal distress. His doctors shot him up with ‘vitamins’ which included uppers and downers and a witches brew of other shit.

Makes quite the picture, a farting, shaking, red-eyed paranoid surrounded by people pretending he doesn’t stink up the room. Someone should sneak some fart sounds into the “Downfall” bunker scene…..

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:33:37pm

re: #48 Decatur Deb

He’s an ink-blot. Orange ink-blot.

It amazes me that they see a bad ass when he’s actually a weak man child who has lived a pampered existence.

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:34:38pm

re: #49 Teddy’s Person

Same. I get why people found them likable. Trump is literally the inspiration for Biff.

Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:34:51pm

re: #33 Teddy’s Person

i saw the white house video this morning
at least that makes some kind of perverted sense

it’s probably just me
without knowing what happened yesterday, it’s just a dumb, meaningless photo

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:35:17pm

re: #50 Blind Frog Belly White

Still more parallels to today.

Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:36:03pm

re: #37 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

yes this!

it took a few swings but we got to the green

thanks

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt'n😷Trips  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:36:26pm
Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:36:48pm

re: #46 LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)

Yeah it amazes me that they see him that way.

He’s a bully, pure and simple. And while we Americans all like to see ourselves as Ralphie, taking down the bully, in actual fact all too many of us are Grover Dill, the loathsome toady, basking in the reflected glow of Scut Farkas’s yellow eyes - so help me god, YELLOW EYES!

Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:37:53pm

Still more parallels to today.

I wasn’t being too subtle there, I hope….

Teddy's Person  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:38:05pm

re: #53 Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)

i saw the white house video this morning
at least that makes some kind of perverted sense

it’s probably just me
without knowing what happened yesterday, it’s just a dumb, meaningless photo

You could probably say the same thing about 90% of Trump photos. He always looks out of place in the type of pictures we expect to see of our presidents.

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:38:16pm

re: #57 Blind Frog Belly White

That’s very true. And hell Trump even looks like Scut.

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:38:40pm

re: #59 Teddy’s Person

He doesn’t look or act like a normal person.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:39:35pm

re: #14 LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)

Oh, grasshopper…he KNOWS the McDonald’s menu..it has PICTURES!

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:40:28pm

A summer thunderstorm is now breaking across the Twin Cities area. Actually, it’s probably already been raining in the Cities proper for a while. It’s time to let the rain wash the last week’s filth off the streets and bring some healing to our region.

Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:41:20pm

re: #45 Teddy’s Person

I know! Like I said, he doesn’t even know how to pretend to be human.

Weird thing, though - today I was reading a WashPost article that was otherwise fairly critical, and it said that a reporter asked if it was a family bible. NO, that is NOT what was asked! It was “Is that your bible?”

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt'n😷Trips  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:42:39pm
FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt'n😷Trips  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:44:33pm
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:47:39pm

Previous thread:

re: #277 NO SMOCKING GUN!

If we weren’t in the midst of a pandemic, I would feel nothing put pride for how the resistance is exercising it’s free speech rights. But as is I do fear a big wave of infections.

Well when the choice is randomly be killed now, or maybe become sick and die sometime later, the choice seems pretty clear.

They aren’t protesting to force others to go back to work.

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt'n😷Trips  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:47:48pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:48:02pm

re: #6 Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)

im looking at that picture up top

and seriously, i cant figure out what the message is

i mean that

what is his point?
i dont see it

campaign ads

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:48:51pm
Ming5000  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:51:28pm

re: #56 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt’n😷Trips

Re: Former GOP Rep’s Son Arrested For Spray-Painting ‘BLM’ On Trump Golf Club Sign
The 18 year old said he did it “because of unequal treatment in the justice system,”

As someone said in the comments:
“This is assuming that the kid is being honest. You really shouldn’t be tagging “BLM” unless you are, you know, Black.”

Cheechako  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:51:31pm

re: #33 Teddy’s Person

The trump handlers just do not know how to accomplish positive optics.

BeachDem  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:51:36pm

re: #43 Teddy’s Person

Who prefaced his jaunt with, “now I am going to pay my respects to a very, very special place.”

1. Not sure how getting his picture taken waving a bible around is paying respects.
2. Would bet big bucks, he didn’t even know the name of the church until somebody (probably Hopey, who arranged the idiotic journey) told him.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:53:24pm

re: #56 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt’n😷Trips

That brat will just get his hands slapped. But if he was black half a dozen officers would have beaten him…

Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:54:15pm

re: #65 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt’n😷Trips

If I can’t have her as President, I want her as Secretary of the Treasury.

Jay C  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:55:00pm

re: #72 Cheechako

The trump handlers just do not know how to accomplish anything positive optics.

Fixt

But yeah, seems like no matter what the regime bozos do to try to jazz up their followers, it always seem to just fire up and bring out more of their opponents.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:55:24pm
Teddy's Person  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:55:27pm

re: #73 BeachDem

1. Not sure how getting his picture taking waving a bible around is paying respects.

I’m convinced that Trump is in mid-stage dementia based on his speech. As my mom’s health declined she increasing used vague nouns. Instead of saying we were going to the grocery store, she would say we’re going to that place with the food.

austin_blue  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:55:58pm

re: #35 Blind Frog Belly White

You know, like you do when you see a baby’s little hands?

Do you really want go to Joliet for assaulting the President? I’m sure Barr could make it stick and get you three years.

Decatur Deb  Jun 2, 2020 • 3:57:51pm

A very timely porch sign sent to us by Organize Alabama. Everyone needs a laminated copy.

Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:00:40pm

Christ almighty, didn’t we just have a black healthcare worker die in a hail of bullets because some cops didn’t/wouldn’t identify themselves when the broke into the wrong apartment? What kind of pussies are these guys?

BeachDem  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:01:19pm

re: #64 Blind Frog Belly White

I know! Like I said, he doesn’t even know how to pretend to be human.

austin_blue  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:01:33pm

re: #71 Ming5000

As someone said in the comments:

Or a member of the Bureau of Land Management.

FFL (GOP Delenda Est)  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:01:34pm

re: #81 Blind Frog Belly White

They don’ need to show you no stink’n badges!

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:01:42pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:01:55pm

lol

Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:01:59pm

re: #81 Blind Frog Belly White

Plus, you know, you can buy all that “tactical” shit online, so it’s not like ONLY cops can wear that shit. Without a badge, is anyone even required to comply with anything you ask?

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:02:13pm

Trump can’t learn. He’s going to make a mess of things again.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:03:29pm

re: #87 Blind Frog Belly White

Well, I mean, the alternative is death, since these guys have no compunctions about pulling the trigger on someone (especially black) who so much as looks at them the wrong way.

austin_blue  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:03:34pm

re: #76 Jay C

Fixt

I want her as Senate Majority Whip.

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt'n😷Trips  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:04:34pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:06:43pm
stpaulbear  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:06:55pm

re: #63 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

Started here about 15 minutes ago. I’m really glad to see the rain for the same reasons you are. Hopefully everyone will take the night off and stay home. Thunder here is impressive.

Eclectic Cyborg  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:07:25pm

That’s certain to piss off the Orange one.

mmmirele  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:07:33pm

Watching CNN—there’s a much bigger crowd in front of Lafayette Park than last night. And they are not leaving. The curfew has started.

Jay C  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:08:16pm

re: #90 austin_blue

I want her as Senate Majority Whip.

Huh?
Who? Sen. Warren?
Not what my response was to, but Hey! I’ll take that……!

austin_blue  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:08:16pm

lol

“Fancy piece of chicken you’re sportin’ there, young man!”

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:08:20pm

re: #93 stpaulbear

Yeah, the first round here was pretty impressive, but too short. It looks like it’s coming around for another pass.

PhillyPretzel  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:08:29pm

I know DT won’t like it but I think it is beautiful.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:09:38pm
Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:09:51pm

re: #99 PhillyPretzel

I know DT won’t like it but I think it is beautiful.

I think “but” is the wrong conjunction there.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:10:30pm

lol

Is that his profile picture on Grindr?

austin_blue  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:10:46pm

re: #81 Blind Frog Belly White

Eric Prince seems to have gotten himself a DOJ Security contract.

Decatur Deb  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:10:48pm

All this is fatiguing, but I found Peterloo, a delightful movie to divert from the rising tensions. (Watch the trailer.)

The story of the 1819 Peterloo Massacre where British forces attacked a peaceful pro-democracy rally in Manchester.

imdb.com

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt'n😷Trips  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:11:11pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:11:12pm
Decatur Deb  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:11:22pm

re: #103 austin_blue

Eric Prince seems to have gotten himself a DOJ Security contract.

He’s in this somewhere.

Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:11:54pm

Narrator voice: The term has no meaning.

PhillyPretzel  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:12:27pm

re: #101 Blind Frog Belly White

Which one would you suggest?

Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:13:18pm

re: #109 PhillyPretzel

Which one would you suggest?

“and” or maybe “and so”

PhillyPretzel  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:14:09pm

re: #110 Blind Frog Belly White

I will take it under advisement.

austin_blue  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:14:23pm

re: #102 Joe Bacon 🌹

Is that his profile picture on Grindr?

I think it’s on chickenhawk.biz

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt'n😷Trips  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:15:18pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:15:27pm

re: #104 Decatur Deb

This is fatiguing, but I found Peterloo a delightful movie to divert from the rising tensions. (Watch the trailer.)

imdb.com

I watched it on PrimeVideo on the 200th anniversary of the massacre.
Very good film

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:15:44pm

re: #108 Blind Frog Belly White

How does Ted Cruz know for sure it was a protestor who set the fire at St. John’s church?

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:16:08pm

re: #113 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt’n😷Trips

I sense a great disturbance in the Force. It’s as if hundreds of black teenagers cried out in unison, “IT’S ABOUT GODDAMN TIME!!!”

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:16:52pm

What, you think the police did it? This isn’t Waco, it’s Washington, D.C.

///////

austin_blue  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:17:39pm

re: #112 austin_blue

I think it’s on chickenhawk.biz

Well, fuck me, that’s real website?!?!

Decatur Deb  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:17:42pm

I watched it on PrimeVideo on the 200th anniversary of the massacre.
Very good film

Nothing like a period costume drama to get you away from this humdrum existence.

(Its on Prime presently.)

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:18:00pm

re: #118 austin_blue

Well, fuck me, that’s real website?!?!

Now I HAVE to click.

Edit: It redirects to my ISP’s search page, which I assume is what they do if it’s a DNS parking page. In other words, not a site, unless I did something wrong.

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt'n😷Trips  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:19:27pm
Ace-o-aces  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:19:53pm
Blind Frog Belly White  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:21:54pm

I presume because No True Scotsman would do that.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:24:10pm

Day four of “no Trump proclamation banning Antifa as a terrorist organisation.”

Today’s proclamations are “An Executive Order Advancing Religious Freedom”:

Section 1. Policy. (a) Religious freedom, America’s first freedom, is a moral and national security imperative. Religious freedom for all people worldwide is a foreign policy priority of the United States, and the United States will respect and vigorously promote this freedom. As stated in the 2017 National Security Strategy, our Founders understood religious freedom not as a creation of the state, but as a gift of God to every person and a right that is fundamental for the flourishing of our society.

(b) Religious communities and organizations, and other institutions of civil society, are vital partners in United States Government efforts to advance religious freedom around the world. It is the policy of the United States to engage robustly and continually with civil society organizations — including those in foreign countries — to inform United States Government policies, programs, and activities related to international religious freedom.

(atheists need not apply, more at the link, talking about how the Secretary of State has 180 days to formulate a plan to craft US foreign policy about this)

Second one is “Ten nominations and one withdrawal sent to the Senate.”

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:27:00pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:27:54pm
Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:28:26pm

KARE 11: St. Paul man charged with attempted murder after shooting at police

This one’s kind of weird. I mean, they shot at him with a paintball grenade, which would scare the hell out of me, but… shooting at police is rarely a good idea, and especially in the middle of a riot.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:29:32pm
gocart mozart  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:30:16pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:33:26pm
Teddy's Person  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:33:31pm

re: #129 gocart mozart

Whew, I’m digging young, feisty Joe.

austin_blue  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:33:44pm

re: #104 Decatur Deb

imdb.com

Very good movie, but a sad and pathetic story.

Kind of like this:

World Turned Upside Down - Leon Rosselson

The Pie Overlord!  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:38:10pm
Belafon  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:40:04pm
LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:40:32pm

re: #131 Teddy’s Person

Whew, I’m digging young, feisty Joe.

The Presidency really will be a fine bookend to a life of public service.

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:41:51pm
Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:42:27pm

It’s almost like Americans are some hardy breed of people who take no shit and refuse to be told what to do.

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:42:44pm

re: #137 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

Who knew?

BeachDem  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:43:07pm

Meanwhile, back in reality…

Use of medical helicopters to target protesters a ‘foolish’ violation of norms, experts say
Flying low in urban areas presents numerous risks to the pilots, crew, aircraft and people on the ground, Hunter said, factors that are typically considered before flying such a mission.
washingtonpost.com

PhillyPretzel  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:43:13pm

re: #131 Teddy’s Person

He still has it. Now do you understand why I have been supporting Joe.

Belafon  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:43:48pm
Teukka  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:45:38pm

Random question: How common is it for youtube content creators in the political arena to get messages aggressively worded in Russian?

PhillyPretzel  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:46:09pm

re: #142 Teukka

I have no idea.

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:47:53pm
Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:49:50pm

We didn’t do the low hover “show of force” thing in Vietnam, inasmuch as the other guys had SAM-7s, RPGs, automatic AAA up to 57mm, and a huge assortment of small arms from AK-47s to revolvers and crossbows for all I know. Quite disconcerting.

Jack Burton  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:52:19pm

Build a wall around the center of DC. Let the rest of us move on while they cosplay Gilead for awhile.

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:52:50pm
LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:53:37pm

I don’t recognize our capital.

Belafon  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:54:03pm
A Three Hour Tour  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:55:35pm

Since when did American troops start taking their dress cues from the fucking PLO?

Charles Johnson  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:55:44pm
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:56:01pm

re: #391 CarolJ

Donna Summer—“Stamp Your Feet” (her last hit single, 2008, 3:37)

Donna Summer - Stamp Your Feet

Smith25's Liberal Thighs  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:56:22pm

Protest has started in downtown Lexington now. About 50 people now. Lots of people honking horns in support as they drive by. Several members of the clergy here in support.

Sherlock Hound  Jun 2, 2020 • 4:58:25pm

re: #139 BeachDem

washingtonpost.com

In Belfast, an ex-copter pilot in the British Army is probably cringing. That copter was flying low enough to be attacked by the crowd. Blue laser pointers are readily available. They’re illegal, but easy to buy. They can blind the pilots and put the bird right on top of them if they choose.

lawhawk  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:00:13pm

More cogent than the tangerine toddler with his finger on the nuclear trigger.

The Pie Overlord!  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:01:03pm

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

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:01:38pm

re: #156 The Pie Overlord!

{{{Alouette}}}

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt'n😷Trips  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:03:40pm
Decatur Deb  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:04:07pm

re: #150 A Three Hour Tour

Couple desert wars ago.

PhillyPretzel  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:04:21pm

re: #156 The Pie Overlord!

7wkMv7flsz2+mWnchgWuF9W6O3AxxCRIm4BW8R5OX0koUOiIWBKusOnV5SUfFyII24jkp45LzywEXqOiydoCirFaS8iRRokS8ylq9JhZtDZiiKkT34Nzb+L53MAmXmH+PHVuG+H4ZLA=

Belafon  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:04:39pm

FXX, which is generally showing the Simpsons all the time, showed a black screen stating they stand with the protesters and then showed the episode of Blackish where they are watching the protests from another shooting.

lawhawk  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:06:07pm

So, protests in DC have bigger crowds than Trump’s inauguration and Trump’s got his jack booted thugs blocking protests at the Lincoln Memorial where so many historic protests and speeches were given to support civil rights, equal protection under the law, and protesting injustices all across the nation.

The more Trump thinks he’s tightening his grasp on power, the more it slips away because people are seeing him for the know nothing bully who cowers in his bunker and hopes that a show of force will make this go away.

It wont.

Trump’s failures are complete and total - not only a shattered economy, 106k dead Americans from covid19, 25% unemployment rate, but a shattered rule of law, a DOJ that he’s politicized to protect his cronies with intent to use it against his enemies, and law enforcement that has gone full fascist in so many places around the country because they think that they too are above the law when protests demanding prosecution for crimes by cops is the epitome of law and order.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:07:38pm

re: #12 Colère Tueur de Lapin

You always have unique descriptions for your foods.

You don’t want me for a cook.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:09:33pm

re: #163 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

You don’t want me for a cook.

And here Mrs. Fish and I are just discussing the things we want to start trying to make from scratch. On her list is Indian: Tandoori chicken, naan, Bombay potatoes, a few other things. I’m going Mediterranean, with pitas, lamb shawarma, and tzatziki sauce.

Cheechako  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:09:59pm

COVID-91 cases are heading in the wrong direction up here in Alaska:

Of the state’s new cases, 15 involve residents of Anchorage, three in Kenai, one in Homer and one in Nikiski. The cases include three children under the age of 10, one person between the ages of 10 and 19, six people in their 20s, five people in their 30s, one person in their 40s and three people in their 50s.

The new cases bring the state total to 487, which includes 106 active cases. There were no new hospitalizations or deaths reported Tuesday. Ten Alaskans with the virus have died since the first cases were reported here in March.

20 new COVID-19 cases reported in Alaska as spike in positive tests continues

Take a look at the bottom of this graph for the increasing number of cases. Is this the second wave coming in?

PhillyPretzel  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:10:05pm

re: #164 The Pie Overlord!

Yes. That is it. :(

Teukka  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:10:24pm

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:10:26pm

We’re seeing a lot of organizations that were quiet in the past take a stand now.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:11:28pm
Rightwingconspirator  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:11:29pm

Redefining No More Fucks To Give. Even try to loot this store and a bloodbath happens. A ton of jewelry store owners are doing exactly this. I just hope and pray most are far away from real trouble.

Ordinarily, people buy engagment and wedding rings here
gocart mozart  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:11:36pm
lawhawk  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:12:50pm

I’ve seen different media outlets and advertisers online try to show solidarity with the protesters.

None of them are ending advertising on Fox. Not as far as I’ve seen at least, and that’s the epicenter of the propaganda that fuels Trumpworld and the right wing echo chamber.

They continue to broadcast white nationalists like Carlson and Ingraham and white nationalist curious like Hannity. At a minimum, they’re enablers of the goddamned Nazis who form Trump’s hardcore base. They are stochastic terrorists whose words have terrible consequences all while exhorting cops to crack skulls of peaceful protesters and we’ve seen endless series of videos of just that.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:13:49pm

Good luck with that.

(includes statement from the campaign)

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:14:27pm
Rightwingconspirator  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:14:59pm

Suspected looter shot dead by pawn shop owner during riots in Minneapolis due to George Floyd death

Sad video

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

So Cal Greek Hippie  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:16:08pm

June 2017 near Mira Monte, CA at the now defunct Full of Beans

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:16:54pm
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:17:49pm

re: #49 Teddy’s Person

It’s the open racism economic anxiety. The press constantly tells us so.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:19:26pm
The Pie Overlord!  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:19:50pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:21:38pm

moron

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:21:54pm

re: #56 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt’n😷Trips

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:22:24pm
PhillyPretzel  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:23:25pm

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:25:42pm

re: #185 PhillyPretzel

OMG Republican Voters Against Trump? Am I reading that correctly? If so then DT has lost the election.

A few polls with him under 40%. He could have the worst night for an incumbent since Hoover if he continues to be a fuck up.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:25:47pm
Hecuba's daughter  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:26:15pm

re: #185 PhillyPretzel

These are the infamous never-Trumpers who couldn’t stop his election in 2016 and whom the GOP base detests.

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:27:03pm

re: #33 Teddy’s Person

Jr tweeted immediately afterwards how strong daddy was and he wasn’t hiding in no bunker so take that and na na na na na na. Maybe not the na na part but the rest is God’s honest truth.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:27:35pm
Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:29:00pm

re: #53 Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)

i saw the white house video this morning
at least that makes some kind of perverted sense

it’s probably just me
without knowing what happened yesterday, it’s just a dumb, meaningless photo

Rick Wilson got #BunkerBitch trending yesterday. That’s why they did that photo op.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:29:30pm
Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:30:09pm

re: #156 The Pie Overlord!

GXkAU4LI0KALllmZN3ORPaHJsLdG+YsSQQODrymCi0j61Obu5TQuURo8Fix4k54pZGwAGxcCE+G7HHQNVExxBHcQ3bDPOG5FlkMEzicr1S4=

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:30:16pm
LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:30:21pm

Says the man who in his own words wanted to make Obama a one term potus. Go away Turtle.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:30:41pm

McConnell, watching the news last night: *vague shocked look*

Narrator: “And it was in that moment, Mitch knew, he fucked up.”

Belafon  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:31:09pm

re: #189 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

And I had responded:

Teukka  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:32:00pm

re: #191 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

New hashtag time? Would something alluding to masturbatory material and erections be overkill at this juncture? :whistles innocently:

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:33:20pm

The DEA Has Been Given Permission To Investigate People Protesting George Floyd’s Death (Buzzfeed)

Lede: The Justice Department gave the agency the temporary power “to enforce any federal crime committed as a result of the protests over the death of George Floyd.”

The Drug Enforcement Administration has been granted sweeping new authority to “conduct covert surveillance” and collect intelligence on people participating in protests over the police killing of George Floyd, according to a two-page memorandum obtained by BuzzFeed News.

Floyd’s death “has spawned widespread protests across the nation, which, in some instances, have included violence and looting,” said the DEA memo. “Police agencies in certain areas of the country have struggled to maintain and/or restore order.” The memo requests the extraordinary powers on a temporary basis, and on Sunday afternoon a senior Justice Department official signed off.

Attorney General William Barr issued a statement Saturday following a night of widespread and at times violent protests in which he blamed, without providing evidence, “anarchistic and far left extremists, using Antifa-like tactics,” for the unrest. He said the FBI, DEA, US Marshals, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives would be “deployed to support local efforts to enforce federal law.”

(more)

Belafon  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:34:08pm

re: #198 Teukka

I put the picture of all of the troops at the Lincoln Memorial on Facebook and stated that trump was compensating.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:34:20pm

re: #198 Teukka

#ChurchMouse

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:35:50pm
Decatur Deb  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:36:33pm

He means to kill a lot of kids tonight to make a point, and he’ll tweet that point in the morning.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:36:45pm
LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:37:11pm

re: #203 Decatur Deb

Hey, hey Donnie, how kids got shot today.

The Pie Overlord!  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:38:47pm

Who are you going to believe, ME or that fucking lying television set?

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:38:57pm
Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:40:29pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:41:53pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:42:23pm
Belafon  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:45:17pm

People will be so confused that white men are showing up with guns and making threats. Should they call the police? Should they call their moms?

LeftyRambles2413 (HappyWarrior)  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:45:26pm

But second amendment right, Tuck or are you like Ronald Reagan and another hypocrite racist on the 2A.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:46:06pm
Teukka  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:46:20pm

JFC…

They really want this to end in a bloodbath, don’t they?

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:47:12pm

In other words, the Pentagon is going, OH SHIT BAD BACKLASH ABORT ABORT

Belafon  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:48:02pm

If they really want to see big crowds, have one of those soldiers or CBP people kill white protester.

The Pie Overlord!  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:48:39pm

My granddaughter painted this:

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:48:39pm

Protest organisers in Washington are now telling the protestors “do not run. Stand your ground.” They are handling out phone numbers to them in case they are arrested.

Teukka  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:48:48pm

re: #215 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

In other words, the Pentagon is going, OH SHIT BAD BACKLASH ABORT ABORT

Or…
:eyes Geneva and Hague conventions:
“Nope, these orders are of the kind where if we don’t disobey them, we’ll go down with them.”

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:49:45pm

re: #71 Ming5000

As someone said in the comments:

I completely disagree. Either BLM or they don’t. Every American should think and say BLM. As a people we stand together or don’t.

I don’t just disagree, I think it’s complete bullshit.

Jay C  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:50:52pm

OK: let’s get this straight: despite numerous photographs, videos, and Testimony of personal experiences of hundreds of people that demonstrators were tear-gassed in Lafayette Park Monday, Donald Trump is just flatly claiming that it didn’t happen?

Charles Johnson  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:51:21pm
Allow me to light that for you...  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:52:47pm

If you ever wondered what Fascist US Troops would look like, here is your answer.

PhillyPretzel  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:55:13pm

re: #221 Jay C

Exactly. Just like he said that COVID-19 would go away in a few days.

Teukka  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:55:15pm

re: #223 Allow me to light that for you…

“Little Green Men”

BeachDem  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:56:07pm

Their (the trumpers) argument that it was pepper spray/smoke/flashbangs instead of teargas so it’s all hunky dory is reminiscent of the “it’s a magazine not a clip” crap from the gun nuts.

Allow me to light that for you...  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:56:24pm

re: #225 Teukka

Faceless. Hidden. Dressed to intimidate. Like troops in a banana shithole.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:56:42pm

re: #227 Allow me to light that for you…

Faceless. Hidden. Dressed to intimidate. Like troops in a banana shithole.

Welcome to America, leaders of the Third World.

Decatur Deb  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:58:15pm

re: #221 Jay C

At one point today Park police were claiming they used only obscurant smoke.

wrenchwench  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:58:32pm
Allow me to light that for you...  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:58:48pm

re: #229 Decatur Deb

Nobody had live ammo at Kent State either.

Teukka  Jun 2, 2020 • 5:59:35pm

re: #221 Jay C

“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
— George Orwell, “1984”

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:00:52pm
Allow me to light that for you...  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:00:55pm

Cooper The Love Bunny. Almost wore out….almost…

goddamnedfrank  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:02:00pm
PhillyPretzel  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:02:44pm

Gee. I have heard 3 helicopters fly over head in the past 15 minutes. It is very unnerving.

wrenchwench  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:03:32pm

re: #229 Decatur Deb

At one point today Park police were claiming they used only obscurant smoke.

Which that statement is in itself an example of.

It was really hard to get a preposition there on the end.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:03:41pm
Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:04:10pm

Oh dear! This is…….not helpful
No MAGAts were harmed during the production of this dumbassery, though, and it WAS the protesters themselves who tackled and restrained the clueless dipshit.

Man with assault rifle at Lubbock protest charged, ‘planned to off racists and MAGA people’

LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - A man who brandished an assault rifle at a protest in Lubbock on Saturday has been charged with making interstate threats, according to the U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Texas.

According to a criminal complaint unsealed on Tuesday, 25-year-old Emmanuel Quinones is accused of bringing a loaded Smith & Wesson .223 caliber semi-automatic to a protest decrying the death of George Floyd, a black man who died at the hands of Minneapolis police last month.

According to the Department of Justice news release, “in view of the protesters, Mr. Quinones held the rifle at “low ready,” in firing position with the muzzle pointed toward the ground, as panic rippled through the assembled crowd. (Although Texas is an open-carry state, the Texas Penal Code makes it illegal to display a firearm in a public place “in a manner calculated to alarm.”)”

Mr. Quinones allegedly refused a Lubbock Police officer’s verbal commands to drop the rifle, and only did so when the officer drew his gun. The DOJ report says a man nearby then tackled Mr. Quinones. The report states at this time, Quinones allegedly shouted, “this is a revolution” and “President Trump must die” as he was taken into custody.

Belafon  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:04:12pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:04:40pm
Decatur Deb  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:04:41pm

re: #237 wrenchwench

Which that statement is in itself an example of.

It was really hard to get a preposition there on the end.

Grammar is suspended for the duration.

Belafon  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:05:22pm

re: #239 Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel

Oh dear! This is…….not helpful

Just remember, liberals don’t have guns.

Decatur Deb  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:07:15pm

Charles has been warning of Bad Craziness for years. Are we at Bad Crazy yet?

wrenchwench  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:07:33pm

re: #242 Decatur Deb

Grammar is suspended for the duration.

I shall endure.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:07:53pm

re: #244 Decatur Deb

Charles has been warning of Bad Craziness for years. Are we at Bad Crazy yet?

We left Bad Crazy behind somewhere around January 20, 2017.

Patricia Kayden  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:08:54pm
Hecuba's daughter  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:09:08pm

Just remember, liberals don’t have guns.

There was always James Hodgkinson who tried to assassinate Steve Scalise and other Republicans, before being killed himself.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:12:17pm
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:12:41pm

re: #166 Cheechako

COVID-91 cases are heading in the wrong direction up here in Alaska:

20 new COVID-19 cases reported in Alaska as spike in positive tests continues

Here in the Nebraska Panhandle, cases started accellerating from a linear slope around May 23. Consequentially, the doubling rate is shrinking.

Confirmed: 151 (+8, all Scott’s Bluff County)
Doubling rate: 22 days
Largest age group: 10-19, then 40-49
Most cases by county: Scott’s Bluff (115), then Morrill (mine, 11)
Hospitalised to date: 20
Active cases by county: Scott’s Bluff (55), Garden (2), 1 each Morrill, Box Butte, Cheyenne
Women are 60% of cases
Deaths: 0

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:12:44pm
The Pie Overlord!  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:13:39pm

re: #244 Decatur Deb

Charles has been warning of Bad Craziness for years. Are we at Bad Crazy yet?

We are at Worse Crazy. Soon to become Worst Crazy.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:13:49pm
Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:13:55pm

re: #250 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

In Minnesota, we have been leveling off (before the protests), but now our sharp decline is due to another reason - state labs have stopped testing out of concerns for safety. This has been a significant setback in our testing program, which was showing so much promise, and now we have that on top of the fact that the widespread protests have potentially exposed hundreds or thousands to the disease.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:14:24pm

Live Washington Post feed of the Washington protest. It is fully dark. Police have made no attempt to clear the protestors.

DodgerFan1988  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:14:56pm

This is a tragedy and I hope the killer or killers are caught soon and brought to justice. But the Right-Wing are exploiting this murder to smear Black Lives Matter. They really couldn’t care less about this senseless death.

The Pie Overlord!  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:15:39pm

He finally got around to rage-tweeting against the governor of NC for cancelling his RNC coronation convention.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:16:56pm

thread with receipts

Belafon  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:17:34pm

This timeline is so weird:

Patricia Kayden  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:17:59pm

re: #23 makeitstop

Arrest the three murderers and we’ll be moving in the right direction.

Belafon  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:18:44pm
steve_davis  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:19:18pm

re: #30 Blind Frog Belly White

Hitler’s hands were bigger.

everybody’s hands are bigger. a new born baby has bigger hands.

steve_davis  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:21:04pm

re: #35 Blind Frog Belly White

You know, like you do when you see a baby’s little hands?

bugs bunny could pull it off. then pretend to do his hair, only to have it turn out that he’s put two sticks of dynamite under the comb-over.

Patricia Kayden  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:22:21pm

re: #217 The Pie Overlord!

My granddaughter painted this:

Your granddaughter is very talented. That would make a powerful t-shirt.

Belafon  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:24:14pm

Reload because one of the replies was great.

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:26:07pm

Hoover, Alabama, suburb of Birmingham:

Florida Panhandler  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:26:21pm

This photo makes our White Supremacists, ‘Strict- ConstitutionalIsts” and Libertarians jizz their pants.

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:27:08pm

High school kids responsibly wearing masks, cops without.

danarchy  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:27:55pm

And as if to remind me that there is still a pandemic on my mom just called to tell me my dad spiked a huge fever and just got taken to the hospital by ambulance. He had a mild fever yesterday and the stubborn SOB refused to go get checked out. Tonight he couldn’t stand and was was exhibiting confusion. (They asked him who the president was and he said Obama)

4 years back he had a ruptured aneurysm and spent months in recovery so he isn’t in the best health to begin with. So far, no respiratory symptoms, so hoping if they get the fever down he will be OK. Needless to say, I wont be getting any sleep tonight, and I can’t even drive home to be with my mom.

Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:28:31pm

Nice work!

teleskiguy  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:28:45pm

This blew up my mentions.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:28:54pm

Belafon  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:29:49pm

re: #270 Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel

Nice work!

Are the resisters in series or in parallel.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:30:14pm

re: #269 danarchy

I hope things go well for your father.

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:31:07pm

Trump had a fetish with tanks.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:31:50pm

Are the resisters in series or in parallel.

*WHACK!*

danarchy  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:33:33pm

re: #274 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

I hope things go well for your father.

Thanks, me too.

Decatur Deb  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:34:05pm

Hoover, Alabama, suburb of Birmingham:

Hoover is very upscale—one of the most expensive areas in AL. The comments on the tweet are very encouraging.

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:34:08pm
garzooma  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:34:31pm

re: #229 Decatur Deb

At one point today Park police were claiming they used only obscurant smoke.

Was Battleship Yamato bearing down on them? What purpose would a smokescreen serve? These guys aren’t just liars, they’re bad at it.

Decatur Deb  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:36:04pm

re: #280 garzooma

I’m certain there is a smokescreen involved in the story.

danarchy  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:37:07pm

re: #280 garzooma

Honestly, watching the video, people are walking right through it without coughing and choking, could be just to freak people out.

garzooma  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:41:41pm

re: #174 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

Good luck with that.

Trump campaign orders the media to “correct or retract” reporting that accurately described yesterday’s protests, live footage of which plainly showed viewers what happened.

It was also Rev. Gina Gerbasi that reported what happened. You want to call a priest a liar?

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:41:46pm

Charles Johnson  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:42:21pm
jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:42:56pm

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:45:03pm

re: #264 Patricia Kayden

Your granddaughter is very talented. That would make a powerful t-shirt.

Incredibly talented.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:45:43pm

re: #252 The Pie Overlord!

We are at Worse Crazy. Soon to become Worst Crazy.

Then Ludicrous Speed Crazy

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:46:12pm

This timeline is so weird:

None of us are.

Jack Burton  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:46:15pm

Vandalized bathroom… Are you fucking kidding me?

Just go to one in the White House after Clownstick takes a dump. I’m sure it’s a horror show.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:46:31pm

I’m keeping an eye on the vote counts tonight especially in Iowa to see if Steve THING goes down…

Patricia Kayden  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:46:33pm

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:46:51pm

re: #255 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

The live feed of the protest ended. It was still going strong when the feed ended.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:47:04pm

Yes, because the President of the United States needs MPs and police officers to tear-gas an entire assembly of peaceful protesters to cross the square to … observe a bathroom.

Patricia Kayden  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:50:01pm
lawhawk  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:50:16pm
Decatur Deb  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:50:23pm

re: #294 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs said the same thing—he didn’t know where he was going when they started to the park.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:51:43pm

re: #297 Decatur Deb

This little baby is going to get a lot of action in the coming days:

Bullshit

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:52:40pm

re: #294 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

MP3 Audio

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:52:40pm

re: #291 Joe Bacon 🌹

Is this a primary?

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:53:18pm

re: #300 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

Is this a primary?

Yes. Steve THING has a moderate challenger in the GOP primary.

Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:53:31pm

Are the resisters in series or in parallel.

(Tries for a pun with “ohm.”) Gives up, I don’t have the capacitance for it.

Decatur Deb  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:54:39pm

re: #302 Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel

(Tries for a pun with “ohm.”) Gives up, I don’t have the capacitance for it.

That would be a pretty hare pun.

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:55:17pm

re: #301 Joe Bacon 🌹

Yes. Steve THING has a moderate challenger in the GOP primary.

Unlikely a moderate would beat him. Republicans are not moderate these days.

Quoth the raven, Covfefe.  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:55:57pm

re: #304 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

Unlikely a moderate would beat him. Republicans are not moderate these days.

If you’re still a Republican, and still planning on voting Republican, after this week, you’re a Nazi. There’s literally no other way to say it.

Dread Pirate  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:56:06pm

Is the government snooping on cellphone traffic?

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:56:21pm

Are the resisters in series or in parallel.

Ah memories of 12th grade physics class with the NAUGHTY mnemonic about the value of resistor band colors…

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:56:43pm

re: #305 Quoth the raven, Covfefe.

Which means King is a shoe in

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jun 2, 2020 • 6:59:37pm
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:00:00pm

LOL

Improvement?
lawhawk  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:00:19pm

re: #302 Shiplord Kirel, Friend of Moose and Squirrel

That must hertz.

The Pie Overlord!  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:00:57pm

re: #288 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

Then Ludicrous Speed Crazy

PLAID CRAZY!

garzooma  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:02:55pm

Saw an interesting tidbit on St. John’s of Georgetown’s website in the bio for Rev. Gerbasi:
“Gini is married to Joe Gerbasi, a federal prosecutor…”

Belafon  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:03:02pm

re: #312 The Pie Overlord!

PLAID CRAZY!

We are definitely plaid crazy. Almost Scottish.

sagehen  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:04:02pm

re: #295 Patricia Kayden

“I’ve never been more ashamed. I’m really honestly disgusted. I’m sick to my stomach

Ashamed and disgusted enough to submit your resignation?

If not, then STFU

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:04:20pm

They’re not even bad liars. That’s an insult to bad liars.

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:05:15pm

Let the circular firing squads commence.

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:05:56pm

Ivanka did tote the bible over.

makeitstop  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:07:24pm

re: #315 sagehen

Ashamed and disgusted enough to submit your resignation?

If not, then STFU

Here’s one!

Maybe the last member of the Trump administration with any integrity at all.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:08:59pm

re: #295 Patricia Kayden

Not impressed. The “senior White House Official” remains both unwilling to go on record or name those who allegedly disgusted him or her. Silence is complicity.

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:10:36pm

Let the circular firing squads commence.

Works for me. Hope Hicks, ivanka… Same diff.

Florida Panhandler  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:11:17pm

re: #292 Patricia Kayden

More like Directed by Paul Verhoeven
Produced by Tarantino

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt'n😷Trips  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:11:45pm
The Pie Overlord!  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:11:52pm
jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:12:36pm
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:15:35pm

re: #291 Joe Bacon 🌹

I would really like to see the district adjacent to mine get rid of the Iowa Confederate tonight. Taken out in the primary by an alleged moderate Republican.

b.d. (Follow science, survive and vote!)  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:16:14pm

And Ivanka gets thrown under the bus:

lol, the poor dear.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:16:47pm

re: #326 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

Lots of religious right types in northwest Iowa.

Which is why King keeps getting re-elected.

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:16:48pm
Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:17:47pm

re: #328 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

Lots of religious right types in northwest Iowa.

Which is why King keeps getting re-elected.

What’s going to be more interesting is vote counts.

b.d. (Follow science, survive and vote!)  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:18:11pm

re: #327 b.d. (Follow science, survive and vote!)

And Ivanka gets thrown under the bus:

lol, the poor dear.

great job there Ivanka

goddamnedfrank  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:19:24pm
Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:19:29pm

re: #331 b.d. (Follow science, survive and vote!)

great job there Ivanka

They think it was successful. Christ.

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:19:54pm
b.d. (Follow science, survive and vote!)  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:21:58pm

re: #333 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

They think it was successful. Christ.

Hard to hear the truth in that bubble, I think they’ll find out what a flop it was though.

BlueSpotinAL  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:22:34pm

re: #290 Jack Burton

Vandalized bathroom… Are you fucking kidding me?

Someone must have overheard “I blew the bathroom up”.

plansbandc  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:26:39pm

re: #247 Patricia Kayden

God Damn

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:27:24pm

10% of the vote in Iowa CD 4

Randy Feenstra 5,625 43.5%
Steve King * 4,637 35.8
Bret Richards 1,349 10.4
Jeremy Taylor 873 6.7
Steven Reeder 456 3.5
12,940 votes reported from less than 10% of precincts.
* Incumbent

b.d. (Follow science, survive and vote!)  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:28:09pm

Good night Lizards:

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:28:31pm

re: #338 Joe Bacon 🌹

Cautious “yay.”

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt'n😷Trips  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:29:34pm
jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:32:24pm

re: #341 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt’n😷Trips

Whoever insures Roadrage Posterboy there should be looking at his rates.

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:32:37pm

re: #338 Joe Bacon 🌹

10% of the vote in Iowa CD 4

Randy Feenstra 5,625 43.5%
Steve King * 4,637 35.8
Bret Richards 1,349 10.4
Jeremy Taylor 873 6.7
Steven Reeder 456 3.5
12,940 votes reported from less than 10% of precincts.
* Incumbent

All Republicans?

Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:32:48pm

re: #295 Patricia Kayden

Anyone quit?
Go on record publicly?

Otherwise just more profiles in courage. Not

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt'n😷Trips  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:33:02pm
jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:35:59pm

re: #345 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt’n😷Trips

“why did they light the Church on fire the night before?”

Stinks of Reichstag.

BlueSpotinAL  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:36:23pm

Pointless pedant point about the 50 Hoover, AL cops arresting the 14 kids: High school kids perhaps, but not at the high school. City Hall sign very visible. On prior nights protestors marching (not necessarily many Hoover residents for those night time protests) had blocked some roads at some times, so a 7:00 pm-6:00 am curfew was imposed Jun 1, the arrests must have been today. Was a small crowd of 100, 85 left at curfew time. A very genteel affair, as police treatment goes.

b.d. (Follow science, survive and vote!)  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:37:03pm

re: #345 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt’n😷Trips

oh boy

Teddy's Person  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:39:52pm
Decatur Deb  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:40:15pm

Are we dominating any battlespace yet?

BlueSpotinAL  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:42:07pm

re: #348 b.d. (Follow science, survive and vote!)

oh boy

BWS would have added the obligatory “moron” before the tweet. Trump has lost the narrative, watch for further signs of deterioration.

makeitstop  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:42:17pm

Brutal. Not an official ad, but it should be.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:44:37pm

re: #343 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

All Republicans?

Yes. That is the Republican Primary.

In the Democratic Primary for House District 4, JD Scholten wins the primary uncontested.

calochortus  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:47:26pm

If Trump insists on moving the GOP convention to somewhere other than NC, they’re going to have to find a venue that can and will host however many people, reserve appropriate hotel blocks (which I’ll grant might not be too tough right now) and get all the logistics in place in less than 12 weeks. I can’t wait to watch this.

Ace Rothstein  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:47:45pm

Fuck. That is an amazing ad.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:49:05pm
jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:50:27pm
makeitstop  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:51:22pm

re: #354 calochortus

I predict: They will not be able to get it done. Anywhere they try to move it, they’ll run into the same concerns.

There’s a reason nominating conventions are years in the planning. And Trump’s people can’t plan any further than the end of the news cycle.

retired cynic  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:51:23pm

OMG!

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:53:42pm

TS Cristobal, which will probably die inland Yucatan, but zombie Cristobal could hit Louisiana in a week:

Image: floater-floater-AL032020-GEOCOLOR-60fr-20200602-2249.gif

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:54:23pm
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:54:30pm

Iowa Senate Primary: R-Joni Earnst (uncontested), D-Called for Theresa Greenfield (field of five candidates, 33% of the votes counted, she has over 100,000 votes or about the same as all four other candidates)

All races:
iowapublicradio.org

jaunte  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:55:13pm
sagehen  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:57:16pm

re: #356 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

(4:13)

Video

If you value your lives

calochortus  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:58:05pm

re: #358 makeitstop

I’ve been involved in organizing 4 small weaving conferences with 250-350 attendees. Granted we are all amateurs working on the side, as it were, but, 2 years. The last one was a year and a half of prep time because it got handed off to us late, but it felt rushed. I assume the GOP convention at full strength is tens of thousands of people, so it should be fun.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:58:27pm

re: #360 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

Image: floater-floater-AL032020-GEOCOLOR-60fr-20200602-2249.gif

The National Hurricane Center does not have it dying over Mexico, but turning around and headed out to sea, with Louisiana as the target.

nhc.noaa.gov (chart, forecast cone)

Jack Burton  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:58:40pm

Assuming there’s an environment in which it can be done soon, in addition to all the asinine Police abuse that is *still* occurring to people, all the press and media assaulted in this fiasco need to press charges and sue the ever loving hell out of any department and city involved. Sue them as they’ve never been sued before. Sue them long, sue them hard, and sue them into the ground. Officers, Police chiefs, Sheriffs, Police Commissioners… Mayors…. heads need to roll. Civil rights violations. Aggravated assault charges. Hate crimes. You name it. Whole departments need to be shut down.

Ace Rothstein  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:59:15pm

Has anyone confirmed what Floyd was being arrested for in the first place?

gocart mozart  Jun 2, 2020 • 7:59:36pm
Jack Burton  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:00:13pm

re: #368 Ace Rothstein

Has anyone confirmed what Floyd was being arrested for in the first place?

Suspicion of using counterfeit money I believe.

gocart mozart  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:00:50pm
Dread Pirate  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:02:39pm
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:04:49pm

re: #364 sagehen

(4:41. Babylon 5 Night at LGF)

Sheridan’s Duty : Agamemnon’s Last Charge (Babylon 5)

makeitstop  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:10:09pm

Trump is in some deep shit.

Jack Burton  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:12:20pm

re: #374 makeitstop

Trump is in some deep shit.

As Bob Cesca would say about celebrating before you cross the end zone line:

DON’T GET HAPPY!

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:13:44pm

re: #370 Jack Burton

Suspicion of using counterfeit money I believe.

Specifically, passing a suspected counterfeit $20 banknote.

Unless a person knows they have a counterfeit bill and knowingly tries to pass it, that is not a crime.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:14:13pm

Over half the GOP vote now in for Iowa CD4

Randy Feenstra (R) is leading; 54.4 percent of precincts are reporting.
Candidate Votes Pct.
Randy Feenstra 20,381 42.5%
Steve King * 17,646 36.8
Jeremy Taylor 4,423 9.2
Bret Richards 4,032 8.4
Steven Reeder 1,522 3.2

Got a feeling STEVE THING IS GOING DOWN!

makeitstop  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:16:45pm

re: #375 Jack Burton

As Bob Cesca would say about celebrating before you cross the end zone line:

DON’T GET HAPPY!

Not me.

I will point out that the Republican party has done nothing but lose elections on Trump’s watch, though.

bratwurst  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:17:49pm
gocart mozart  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:19:16pm
NO SMOCKING GUN!  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:19:26pm

re: #374 makeitstop

Trump is in some deep shit.

Change is in the air. I can feel it. The fascists have engaged in brutalizing the people while Trump has his tweet tantrums, but across the country the people aren’t backing down. Please let this be a watershed moment in American history when a crisis allows us to take a lurching step forward, as we did in the 1860s, 1930s and 1960s.

Sherlock Hound  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:22:59pm

re: #292 Patricia Kayden

Score
RYUCHI SAKAMOTO
Featured Artists
Mylène Farmer
France Gall
Het Goed Doel

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:23:57pm

In the Iowa Senate primary, the expected turnout of Democratic voters is 83%.

Sherlock Hound  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:25:44pm

re: #303 Decatur Deb

That would be a pretty hare pun.

It’s an impedance for my thoughts. No conductance for coherent thinking. It’s a susceptance to falsehood.

Sherlock Hound  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:26:50pm

re: #307 Joe Bacon 🌹

”..but Violet gives willingly!”

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:27:33pm

re: #384 Sherlock Hound

I’m showing great reluctance to participate in this travesty of puns.

Sherlock Hound  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:27:44pm

re: #311 lawhawk

That must hertz.

We do it with frequency!

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:31:32pm

The Iowa primary for district 4 is still very close. I suspect it will go into overtime.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:33:02pm

DOWN GOES STEVE THING!

ADIOS MOTHERFATHER!

Queen - Another One Bites the Dust (Official Video)

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:35:03pm

re: #388 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

The other three districts have been called in the GOP Primary.

In IA-4, Steve King is now within 2%

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:37:40pm

Everyone should also remember that Feenstra, King’s opponent, campaigned on being pro-Trump and pro-Gun.

So it’s not like there is an ideological shift going on here.

More likely it just comes down to personality.

NO SMOCKING GUN!  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:39:22pm

re: #391 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

So it’s not like there is an ideological shift going on here.

More likely it just comes down to personality.

Sure, but I will still enjoy watching an avowed racist go down to defeat.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:40:29pm

Rocky de la Fuente ran in the Democratic Presidential primaries in 2016. He was on our caucus ballot (no one seriously considered him in Nebraska).

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:41:15pm

Randy’s Results

Stopping Illegal Immigration
Protecting Christian Values
Defending Our 2nd Amendment

re: #392 NO SMOCKING GUN!

But Feenstra will just be the same policies, but will be more coy and not be a lightening rod for criticism.

Jay C  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:41:22pm

Any idea where/when that pic was taken?

Not that it really matters - it’s eerie/disturbing enough anyway - but that looks ( from the iconography of the mosaics, and, well, the mosaics) like some sort of Orthodox sanctuary. Slovenia? Melania checking out a family crypt?

Belafon  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:42:13pm

re: #375 Jack Burton

As Bob Cesca would say about celebrating before you cross the end zone line:

DON’T GET HAPPY!

I hope he doesn’t say that. Running around thinking nothing should make you feel good is self-defeating.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:43:35pm

King is so openly racist that Iowa Republicans may realize he could lose in November, so they are preemptively trying to avoid that.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:44:20pm
Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:44:45pm

So yes, I’m saying that King losing is going to help the Republicans.

Belafon  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:45:06pm

re: #397 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

Good enough for me.

NO SMOCKING GUN!  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:49:11pm

re: #399 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

So yes, I’m saying that King losing is going to help the Republicans.

And I get that. It’s still good to see King lose.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Jun 2, 2020 • 8:52:05pm

re: #395 Jay C

Any idea where/when that pic was taken?

It is Saint John Paul II Shrine in Washington, taken today.

danarchy  Jun 2, 2020 • 9:04:23pm

re: #395 Jay C

Any idea where/when that pic was taken?

Pretty sure that is at the John Paul II shrine.

CleverToad  Jun 2, 2020 • 11:36:10pm

re: #269 danarchy

{{{danarchy}}}
Wishing healing for your dad, wishing strength for you, and better news so you can sleep tomorrow night

FFL (GOP Delenda Est)  Jun 3, 2020 • 12:39:54am

Ivanka did tote the bible over.

Hasn’t she converted to Orthodox Judaism back in 2009 before getting married?

Perfect Way to Die (Behind the Scenes) Behind the scenes footage from my ‘Perfect Way to Die’ video. This song is SO powerful and means so much in this time right now. While I am a mother, I could NEVER understand what it’s like to lose ...
A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall — Bryan Ferry (Live 1977)
Barry McGuire - Eve of Destruction Subscribe to The Best Of for more classic music history, videos and playlists: bit.ly "Eve of Destruction" is a protest song written by P. F. Sloan. Barry McGuire recorded the track in July 1965. It was released by Dunhill ...
#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 200705It was a good, non exhausting day's work, even though it was 98 degrees when we started. The end of the first game in the series is in sight. We can see the finish line.So everything we do now is ...
Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - the Danish National Symphony Orchestra (Live) #TheMorriconeDuel #FilmMusicLive #DNSOWant to experience The Danish National Symphony Orchestra live? bit.ly The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Composed by Ennio MorriconeVarious flutes: Hans Ulrik, Russell ItaniVocals: Tuva Semmingsen & Christine Nonbo Andersen In January 2018, The Danish ...
Charlie Puth - Girlfriend [Official Audio] "Girlfriend" Out Now - charlieputh.lnk.to Text me:[no phone numbers allowed] Subscribe for more official content from Charlie Puth: charlieputh.lnk.to Follow Charliecharlieputh.com facebook.com@charlieputh instagram.comtiktok.comSoundCloud Lyrics: Yeah, tired of this conversationWe didn’t come all this wayTo touch a little, kiss a ...
Paul Weller - Village - Radio 2 BreakfastPaul Weller performs Village live from his Black Barn studio for the BBC Radio 2 Breakfast show
Crowded House - Fall at Your Feet (Live From Home, 2020) In the spirit of musical comradeship through isolation, us fellas in Crowded House have created a live version of Fall At Your Feet, captured here in the making at our respective home set ups. Some of the sentiment in ...
#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 200628after the rototilling we tossed several bags of wild flower seeds. thousands and thousands. we'll see what happens with them. we also bought four trees for our anniversary.all natives, good for birds and butterflies. there's a slash pine, a beautyberry ...
Welcome to The Imbleachment (dangerman)
1 week ago
Russian Bounties — Trump Threatens the American Experiment - PRESS RUN Not once has Trump angrily banged a lectern and promised to get to the bottom of the stunning and heartbreaking story that Russian intelligence was paying lucrative bounties for the lives of American troops murdered in Afghanistan. Not once ...
1 week ago