Video: Trevor Noah’s Take on Trump’s Acquittal, McConnell’s BS Excuse & MAGA’s Celebrations

Politics • Views: 20,542

YouTube

President Trump is acquitted 57-43 in the most bipartisan impeachment vote ever, Mitch McConnell concedes that Trump is guilty but says it’s up to the criminal justice system to take care of him, and team Trump can’t help but gloat. #DailyShow #TrevorNoah #Impeachment

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:10:01am

Give me a T for Texas, give a T for Thermodynamics!

The Pie Overlord!  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:11:00am
Charles Johnson  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:12:54am
🌹UOJB!  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:13:09am

Meanwhile in my part of Los Angeles it’s a windy chilly 62…

lawhawk  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:13:57am
jaunte  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:14:44am

Currently in my corner of Southeast Texas, 22º F and sunny. About 4-5” of snow on the ground, sticking. Light is bright enough to wear shades inside.

Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:17:10am

From last string:

re: #410 O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..

The thing is, it might save you a few bucks in the 90% case where it doesn’t freeze. The question is if the damage done by the 10% case outweighs the savings of the 90% case. I’m going to assume that is a hard yes and they are probably finding that out right about now.

The winterization package for windmills is a standard option and, iirc, not particularly expensive. The operators could, and probably did, predict that temperatures in this range would occur at some point during the life of the installation (these temps are not THAT unusual and were commonplace in the mid 20th century). In the ERCOT de-regulated dog-eat-dog world of Texas electric production, operators cannot spend a dime that does not immediately affect the bottom line and regulatory requirements, which this would be, are few and far between. Incidentally, Lubbock is not part of the lepertarian ERCOT system and its windmills are winterized. They have had some blackouts today, but only for a few minutes and primarily because they cannot get power from ERCOT affiliated neighboring grids.

Jay C  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:19:23am

re: #5 lawhawk

I wonder what happened with the “lottery” or whatever they were planning? IIRC, they had thought of auctioning off (for charity) the opportunity to push the plunger/press the button to set off the Trump Casino implosion.

And the place deteriorated badly enough in just 7 years to warrant demolition? Only the best construction, huh??

lawhawk  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:23:13am

re: #7 Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo

From last string:

re: #410 O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..

Blackouts across Texas didn’t get as bad as they were because of wind power systems going offline.

Nope. It’s what happened when 40% of fossil fuel plant generating capacity went offline due to the weather.

Nojay UK  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:25:39am

It takes electricity to generate electricity and I suspect the Texas grid got overwhelmed to the point where cascading losses of grid power meant more and more generators went offline. Gas seems to be the biggest part of the electricity market in Texas from what I’ve seen but it takes electricity to pump gas from the wells and storage places to the generator stations and if the pumping stations shut down so do the generators. This means less electricity on the grid and less capacity to pump gas to the other generators and so on.

lawhawk  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:26:01am

re: #8 Jay C

The structure wasn’t going to be adaptable to a new use, and it’s safer/quicker to implode than to try and adapt/reuse.

There was a plan to auction off the demolition button push, but that was called off. Instead, a bunch of people got rooms at the nearby Hard Rock Hotel/Casino.

lawhawk  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:27:32am

re: #10 Nojay UK

Winner winner chicken dinner.

It’s a circle of failure. If the generators fail in the cold weather, then the pumps also fail. That means the power generators upstream also fail, causing cascading failures through the system.

Belafon  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:27:39am

re: #410 O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..

It’s costing companies here. I cannot reliably log into work because my company keeps losing power, which means it isn’t charging its customer, the US government.

retired cynic  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:27:49am

NASA’s Mars rover, Perseverance, aims for dicey landing to search for ancient life
Seven minutes of terror: “Success depends on everything going right, down to fractions of a second” (WaPo)

They call it the “seven minutes of terror,” which doesn’t do justice to the weeks of anxiety, troubleshooting, second-guessing, sleepless nights — the mental cataloguing of all that could go wrong and all that must go exactly right. One cataloger is Matt Wallace, deputy project manager for NASA’s Perseverance rover mission. He has a simple way of describing what the space agency expects him and his fellow engineers to do: “Land a car on Mars.”
This is one of the hardest technological feats human beings have ever attempted. The spacecraft carrying Perseverance, which launched from Earth at the end of July, is expected to arrive on Thursday at Mars at 12,000 miles per hour — six times faster than a bullet shot from an M16 — in what amounts to a controlled collision. Somehow, that velocity has to reach zero, with the rover deposited lovingly on the surface inside a crater named Jezero.
Hitting the 4.8-mile-wide landing site targeted by NASA after a journey of 300 million miles is akin to throwing a dart from the White House and scoring a bull’s eye in Dallas.

danarchy  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:28:34am

re: #9 lawhawk

I am curious were the problems with generation or transmission? Up here in the north east when power goes out it is usually due to powerlines going down and transformers blowing up, not generally issues at the plant.

Eclectic Cyborg  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:29:20am

re: #11 lawhawk

I’m guessing it got changed due to possible liability issues from having a random person push the button?

O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:29:42am

re: #14 retired cynic

Mars landings are incredibly tricky affairs because the atmosphere is so thin, so vehicles have to be able to slow themselves down in addition to aerobraking and provide sufficient downward thrust to keep the thing from just falling to the ground when its forward momentum is too slow to generate lift.

Charles Johnson  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:30:52am

Argh. This again. I’d never heard of Rick Perlstein before this tweet.

That’s an incredibly distorted and WRONG slant on the Dan Rather issue, and I don’t think I’m going to get into it with this guy. It rarely turns out well when they’re this invested in thinking I’m an evil Machiavelli.

Charles Johnson  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:31:49am

I was grateful for this reply, though.

The Ghost of a Flea  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:33:15am

re: #8 Jay C

Imagine the chain combo of Trump being a cheap asshole who doesn’t care about the structural elements, the shit job done by mobbed-up services he probably used, the incomplete or flawed work done by contractors that he refused to pay, and the likelihood that NO maintenance was done.

danarchy  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:34:00am

re: #17 O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..

They are using the same skycrane method they previously used, only this time they will have cameras live streaming the whole thing on the lander(almost live, couple minutes for the signal to get here). This lander also will have an octocopter that will attempt to fly in the martian atmosphere, more of a technology demonstrator than anything.

Hecuba's daughter  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:37:12am

Argh. This again. I’d never heard of Rick Perlstein before this tweet.

Too many don’t understand that you were not confirming Bush’s actual service; you were disproving the particular documents that purported to show his dereliction of duty.

Charles Johnson  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:37:46am

re: #22 Hecuba’s daughter

Exactly.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:37:56am

re: #22 Hecuba’s daughter

Too many nuances for Twitter and meme culture.

Belafon  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:39:34am

A lot of ice on Lake Ray Hubbard (you will want to turn autorotate off on your phone:

m.facebook.com

Charles Johnson  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:39:47am

Dan Rather’s documents were fakes, obvious fakes. Some people don’t want to believe it, but for me that was the only salient issue. At that point it had nothing to do with politics.

DesertDenizen  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:40:26am

re: #17 O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..

My proudest professional achievement is being part of the design team and test lead on the rig that tested Insight’s radar to get it down safely. Just one tiny piece, but I can say I helped get a probe to Mars.

Jay C  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:40:42am

re: #15 danarchy

Probably a bit of both.

Though I’m guessing the initial outages were on the transmission end, as (again, just a guess), it’s unlikely Texas power lines were expected to deal with as severe a set of winter weather conditions as they got. Hell, there are transmission and generating problems in areas of the country where bad ice storms are common - shouldn’t be a surprise when it happens where they aren’t.

Anecdotal case in point: the East Coast Halloween Blizzard of 2011 (10/29/11) - which I vividly recall from having to drive back to NYC through it from the Berkshires. Early, unexpected, huge snowfalls: some parts of Connecticut were without power for up to ten days (!) - outages lasting many days/ a week were far from uncommon: and that was in a state where winter storms are hardly unknown.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:41:53am

I am convinced that they were part of some absolutely brilliant (in the Machiavellian sense) ratfucking on the part of Karl Rove who was out to defuse what could have otherwise been a very damaging revelation about his candidate.

O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:43:35am

re: #27 DesertDenizen

That’s amazing! So cool!

Belafon  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:43:55am

re: #29 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

I am convinced that they were part of some absolutely brilliant (in Machiavellian terms) ratfucking on the part of Karl Rove who was out to defuse what could have otherwise been a very damaging revelation about his candidate.

I think destroying Rather’s career was an unplanned side effect.

retired cynic  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:45:06am

re: #27 DesertDenizen

My brother was involved, too. One tiny piece, but he was so thrilled.

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:46:11am
Brother Holy Cruise Missile of Mild Acceptance  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:46:46am

so i have been getting into mediterranean cooking lately and also starting some intermittent fasting. Today tried my hand at making Shaksuka: Eggs poached in tomatoes, onion, red bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin and paprika with some crumbled feta cheese.

stpaulbear  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:46:52am

Sunny and we’re just about to go double digits above zero. I need to go pick up a grocery order at Target this afternoon. It’ll be the first time I’ve gone anywhere since the last time I picked up an order at Target last Wednesday. I’ve been avoiding my neighborhood grocery store because there’s almost always some asshole(s) not wearing masks. My weekly “night out” has been reduced to picking up a chicken fingers box meal at the Cane’s across the street from the Target store. It’s really quite good.

It’s going to take a while after this is over to learn how to live again. Since I retired during the covid lockdown I’ve honestly given up at almost everything.

Dangerman  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:47:27am

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:48:43am

I think destroying Rather’s career was an unplanned side effect.

I don’t think that’s how he wanted his television career to end, but he seems to have recovered.

DesertDenizen  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:48:43am

re: #32 retired cynic

My brother was involved, too. One tiny piece, but he was so thrilled.

That’s awesome. I worked for a little company called Vertigo out of Lake Elsinore, California. We built a rig that bolted into the back of a UH-1 Huey. It ran miles worth of vectran line off a spool, with the speed controlled by a computer applying race car brakes when necessary. Dropping tethered meant we didn’t kill a radar unit with every test. We got asked to do it because of parachute expertise, but that little company was filled with brilliant lateral thinkers. I was lucky to get the chance to work there.

Belafon  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:48:49am
danarchy  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:49:50am

re: #28 Jay C

Probably a bit of both.

Heh I remember that storm. I was at a halloween party when the power went out(we continued partying for several hours). I had just finished moving into my new house at the time and was without power for the better part of a week and a half. Luckily I had another month on the lease on my old house and ended up staying there for the week with sort of minimalist furniture. The house was mostly empty, but I had power, internet and a couch. Which was better than hanging out in my new house in the dark.

After that week I bought a generator. 10 years later and power hasn’t been out for more than a few hours at a time since.

jaunte  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:50:08am
sagehen  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:50:45am

Argh. This again. I’d never heard of Rick Perlstein before this tweet.

Perlstein’s most well-known book is “Nixonland”; and there’s a couple of sequels. His academic-historian specialty is the Republican Party from Goldwater to Gingrich.

Eclectic Cyborg  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:50:53am

You’ve been saying this for like, 15 years now. You’d think people would know where you stand.

retired cynic  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:51:24am

re: #38 DesertDenizen

My brother was in software.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:53:29am

re: #43 Eclectic Cyborg

we are dealing with awareness and attention spans shorter than the lifespan of an Internet meme

retired cynic  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:53:46am

Max Boot comes out for nuking the filibuster:

Opinion: McConnell should know you can’t split the difference between the law and the mob. washingtonpost.com

Charles Johnson  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:55:00am

re: #29 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Well, we’ll never really know, apparently, but I’ve explained before why I doubt this theory. If it had been a deliberate plant by Rove or someone else on the right, they would have taken more care to forge accurate-looking documents. It wouldn’t have been that difficult, all they would have needed was a manual typewriter. They couldn’t have known in advance that someone wouldn’t immediately recognize the fraud.

But it was so badly done, I think the much more likely explanation is that Texas rancher Bill Burkett, who hated Bush, faked the documents, and then Rather and Mary Mapes and CBS fell victim to confirmation bias and failed to properly confirm their authenticity. Occam’s Razor.

All Rather needed to do to shut down the whole thing was to simply admit his mistake, apologize and retract the report. But his ego got in the way. He still refuses to admit they were fakes.

retired cynic  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:55:11am

And former Republican Senators Tom Coleman and John Danforth come out for invoking the 14th amendment against Trump.

Opinion: Congress must invoke the 14th Amendment to stop Trump from running again. washingtonpost.com

Belafon  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:55:20am

Watching the weather Channel. It got down to -20 in Fayetteville, AR.

Also, for those of you who watch WFAA, Colleen Coyle is now on there, and she’s pregnant:

Colleen Coyle
darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:55:59am
Jay C  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:56:01am

re: #43 Eclectic Cyborg

Yeah, except that Charles moved on from where he stood: too many Internet Assholes don’t want to recognize that: especially if there’s some sneery snark to be dropped….

Dread Pirate Ron  Feb 16, 2021 • 10:59:42am
Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:00:30am

re: #50 darthstar

Mmm…chili dogs

Video

Like it better than the original.

We do a similar minimalist version of “Mama Tried”

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:01:37am

re: #52 Dread Pirate Ron

They will never let go of those frozen wind turbines as the main cause of the Great Texas Blackout…

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:01:57am
Dangerman  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:03:46am

re: #54 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Trump won in a landslide

Charles Johnson  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:03:57am
Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:05:25am

All those illegals will just “self-deport”.

Remember, all those New Deal programs and policies were fine and dandy as long as they were reserved for Whites Only.

Nyet  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:05:28am

LOLOLOL poor Sullivan.

Link

The Pie Overlord!  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:06:17am

Argh. This again. I’d never heard of Rick Perlstein before this tweet.

Just block that fucker.

Eclectic Cyborg  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:08:29am

I’m enjoying the fact that Texas Republicans are now suffering the consequences of their garbage economic policies.

I just hate that so many regular Texans are in a mess because their leadership fucking sucks.

Charles Johnson  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:08:36am
The Pie Overlord!  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:09:15am

This Tweet aged well…

wrenchwench  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:12:49am

re: #58 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

All those illegals will just “self-deport”.

Romney wants a Self Deport lane at each southern crossing.

sagehen  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:14:18am

I would be totally in favor of outlawing the hiring of undocumented, if AND ONLY IF, any punishment (fine and/or prison) for violation was on the employer. The employee would of course, as a criminal witness, get a temporary green card until the case is fully adjudicated.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:16:21am

re: #64 wrenchwench

Romney wants a Self Deport lane at each southern crossing.

Which means they will have to open a new self-checkout lane at a US supermarket to make up for each one leaving…

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:17:02am

re: #65 sagehen

I thought that was part of the Immigration Reform of 1988…

sagehen  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:24:33am

re: #67 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

I thought that was part of the Immigration Reform of 1988…

no; the punishments all seem to fall on the employee. The employers suffer NOTHING.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:29:18am

re: #68 sagehen

I would point out that in Germany, you have to produce an ID and a proof of legal registered residence before you can sign an employment contract. Employers are also subject to fines for hiring illegals.

There are still illegal workers here, but it is a lot harder to get established as you also need to produce proof of legal, registered residence to sign a lease, open a bank account, register a vehicle, enroll children in school, etc…

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:29:48am

re: #63 The Pie Overlord!

This Tweet aged well…

Meanwhile Cornyn is asking the government to allow Texas to max out their facilities which, as one could imagine, may expose weaknesses in the infrastructure they hadn’t foreseen and cause the whole system to shit the bed.

Belafon  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:29:52am

re: #61 Eclectic Cyborg

The really bad part is we need it to be down for a while longer so I can point out that wind turbines aren’t the actual problem.

No Malarkey!  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:30:36am

Parler has only been up a few hours, and Milo has already gotten himself banned. I can only imagine what he posted that was bad enough that Parler acted.

🌹UOJB!  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:32:17am

re: #72 No Malarkey!

Aw crap! I had to clean the monitor screen! 😢

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:33:44am

re: #72 No Malarkey!

HA! Sounds an awful lot like a ban to me.

🌹UOJB!  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:33:57am

And now he’s in his standard operating mode—whining.

Belafon  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:34:48am

Down in Romney’s thread:

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:36:08am

re: #75 🌹UOJB!

And now he’s in his standard operating mode—whining.

It’s a point system. Saying you don’t like Trump is eleventy-billion points, btw.

🌹UOJB!  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:37:40am

re: #77 darthstar

It’s a point system.

Feezuz! Who would be Milo’s “peers”? SMOTI? Lucien?

Nyet  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:39:31am

What did he post?

O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:40:22am

re: #78 🌹UOJB!

Feezuz! Who would be Milo’s “peers”? SMOTI? Lucien?

I think they basically mean “random other people on Parler”, meaning that if you accumulate 20 reports (presumably within some interval of time) that are upheld, your account gets banned.

Nyet  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:40:28am

Ah, okay.

🌹UOJB!  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:40:41am

re: #79 Nyet

What did he post?

Did he post the bathtub in blood again?

No Malarkey!  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:40:56am

re: #79 Nyet

What did he post?

No idea, but I’m curious.

Brother Holy Cruise Missile of Mild Acceptance  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:42:06am

re: #81 Nyet

wait…isn’t he gay?

O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:42:21am

re: #81 Nyet

Ah, okay.

FUCK ANYBODY who says that killing another person for any reason whatsoever is “Christian”. (Before I get called on it, yes, I know my religion’s bloody history. Don’t even @ me.)

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:42:28am

re: #81 Nyet

Ah, okay.

Isn’t Milo teh ghey himself?

Nyet  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:42:31am

re: #84 Brother Holy Cruise Missile of Mild Acceptance

wait…isn’t he gay?

Sure, why?

🌹UOJB!  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:42:54am

He claims an IQ of 157...but he sure is consistently doing stupid ssshhhaaavvviiinnnggg cream!

No Malarkey!  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:43:30am

re: #84 Brother Holy Cruise Missile of Mild Acceptance

wait…isn’t he gay?

He said he was “joking” That whacky right-wing troll sense of humor!

🌹UOJB!  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:44:28am

re: #84 Brother Holy Cruise Missile of Mild Acceptance

wait…isn’t he gay?

Doesn’t matter because Milo is one stupid mother…HUSH YOUR MOUTH…but I’m talking’ about Milo…we can dig it…

jeffreyw  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:46:36am

re: #34 Brother Holy Cruise Missile of Mild Acceptance

That looks good! Yum!

Brother Holy Cruise Missile of Mild Acceptance  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:47:50am

re: #91 jeffreyw

thank you, it was delicious!

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:50:29am

It’s a little funny how these assholes who get deplatformed - Rage Furby, Milo, Baked Alaska, Loomer - manage to get referenced somewhat frequently as someone’s paying attention to them somewhere and it bubbles up to Twitter…even in their safe little bubble social media pockets they can’t function like regular people.

So, every few weeks we see them pop up and wonder, That asshole is still around?

Barefoot Grin  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:50:37am

We’re having chili tonight, too (from prior thread). It’s a family affair, so it’s mild. I put just a few dashes of hot sauce in. It’s not nearly as cold here in northern New England as it is in Texas or MN, but I’m still having trouble keeping warm—I’m so looking forward to tonight’s meal.

lawhawk  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:51:26am

re: #93 darthstar

Dangerman  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:52:03am

re: #61 Eclectic Cyborg

as with covid and people falling and dying all around them, they will not learn from this

lawhawk  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:53:40am

re: #94 Barefoot Grin

It’s in the 50s here in the NYC metro area, so we’re seeing the snowbanks in full glacial retreat, just in time for another couple of inches of snow expected on Thursday.

The Mrs. doesn’t have spicy-heat tolerance I do, so I usually go mild on my chilis and sauces generally. I then kick up my own portions with sambal olek, sriracha, or other hot sauces depending on the mood (and the need to clear out my sinuses).

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:55:37am

re: #95 lawhawk

He used the platform to incite violence. Terms of Service policies usually forbid that kind of behavior.

Dangerman  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:56:04am

re: #68 sagehen

the I-9 penalties can be harsh.
most employers claim ‘i didnt know they were forged dox’

Decatur Deb  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:56:16am

re: #86 darthstar

Isn’t Milo teh ghey himself?

He’s probably caught up in an English error—meant “homosexuals should be hung.” Easy mistake.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:56:17am

re: #98 darthstar

Glad to see him beat back down into obscurity

🌹UOJB!  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:57:12am

re: #101 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Glad to see him beat back down into obscurity

Isn’t Milo still $4 million in debt?

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Feb 16, 2021 • 11:57:37am

re: #72 No Malarkey!

I don’t often LOL at something on the Internet, but this got the rare guffaw.

I’m a little surprised that it was for calling for his own death as a supposed right-wing Christian.

Dangerman  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:00:24pm

re: #89 No Malarkey!

He said he was “joking” That whacky right-wing troll sense of humor!

never once, when a conservative/rightie/republican has invoked ‘joke’ did i get it
never once was it funny
never once did they explain why they thought it was funny

JC1  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:01:57pm

I actually applaud this idea: go after the emplyers of undocumented immigrants. If it actually passes and is enforced, we’ll have amnesty/green cards for all in no time.

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:05:37pm

So SpaceX put a booster in the water to save some seagulls on the landing barge and NASA is explaining to them priorities.

CleverToad  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:06:03pm

In keeping with the running theme of the last couple of threads (I’m getting hungry, you guys), my sister in Fort Worth posted this yesterday. They hadn’t had power all day, so this is how she cooked chili for dinner:

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:07:17pm

re: #107 CleverToad

Over a decorative LED display fire?

No Malarkey!  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:08:28pm

re: #103 Punish Domestic Terrorists

I don’t often LOL at something on the Internet, but this got the rare guffaw.

It being Parler, I don’t know if Milo was banned for making a violent statement or for mocking homophobes.

BlueSpotinAL  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:09:17pm

re: #108 darthstar

Over a decorative LED display fire?

The LED manufacturer did say they were 2700K .

Dangerman  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:09:20pm

re: #95 lawhawk

this part is a lie

I still can’t believe the 45th president of the United States has no access to social media, and the left—alleged opponents of corporate power—is just totally fine with it.

social media is not a monolith
he has access to social media
just not the platforms that everyone else chooses to be on
his behavior put him in this position.
he and no one else is responsible for that

however there’s plenty of other platforms out there
and he can use them
what? the people he wants to reach arent on them?
that’s not no access
it’s something else entirely.

twitter, facebook, etc were free to him - that’s also why he’s pissed.
now he’s got to work and spend money if he wants to have as wide a reach as he did before he, himself, blew it up.

First As Tragedy, Then As Farce  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:11:00pm

I’m in Fort Worth, TX (roughly 30 miles west of Dallas) and I haven’t been subjected to a blackout. Allegedly, this means I’m connected to a “critical” part of the grid - hospitals and what-not. The only possible critical sites near me that I can think of are a fire station and the Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base. For no reason, I assumed they would have their own source of electricity, but maybe not.

I have a friend in Dallas who has been without electricity for what now approaches 30 hours.

CleverToad  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:12:07pm

re: #108 darthstar

Over a decorative LED display fire?

re: #110 BlueSpotinAL

The LED manufacturer did say they were 2700K .

Would be impressive!
No, their gas was still working at that point. Might not be by this time, she hasn’t posted today.

jaunte  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:12:32pm

re: #70 darthstar

BLACK ICE? STEP ON THE GAS!

Charles Johnson  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:12:51pm
darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:14:44pm
lawhawk  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:15:40pm

That’s something you don’t see every day…

I’m actually curious about the second flag from the left. It looks like it’s got an eagle on it, but can’t tell from the screencap.

Charles Johnson  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:16:16pm
Dread Pirate Ron  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:22:01pm
Punish Domestic Terrorists  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:22:22pm

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:23:19pm

I want more RTs than McCarthy got.

No Malarkey!  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:23:51pm

Milo posted a couple of other posts that are candidates for the one that got him banned!

Mike Lamb  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:24:57pm

re: #120 Punish Domestic Terrorists

Meanwhile, most economists are coming around to a more rapid economic recovery in large part because Biden is attempting to go big with the stimulus.

steve_davis  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:24:58pm

you know, oddly enough, I would be fine with businesses only being able to hire American workers. It would drive the cost of production up, and crops would be rotting in the fields for a time, but for 15 bucks an hour, there might actually be some citizens who would be willing to work as migrant labor. If you are traveling from place to place and not having to pay room or board while you work a particular area, that would actually be not terrible for younger folks who might otherwise be homeless.

jaunte  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:26:35pm

re: #124 steve_davis

Problem is, it would just drive undocumented people deeper into an underground economy where they would be more vulnerable to being enslaved.

TedStriker  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:29:01pm

A feature, not a bug, for “conservatives”.

🌹UOJB!  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:29:49pm

re: #122 No Malarkey!

He had 16 Parler violations in less than a day!?

steve_davis  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:31:12pm

re: #77 darthstar

I’m still laughing over the Time Team advisory at the beginning of the show: “drug use and foul language.” Seriously? They’re drinking beer in a pub after the first two days. The place they’re excavating is actually next to a creek called Shit Creek (I kid you not) and so that is I guess the “foul language” advisory, ‘cause Phil doesn’t even say “crikey” in the episode. Some of this stuff goes a little too far.

The Ghost of a Flea  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:34:46pm
Charles Johnson  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:35:43pm
jaunte  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:37:06pm
darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:39:56pm

jaunte  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:40:10pm
darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:41:36pm

Fuck…I worried about that this morning before I even started mocking Texas’ electeds…

O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:41:48pm

And now those same freezing people are going to get absolutely destroyed on their utility bills for next month because of these companies’ greed and ERCOT’s rubber stamping? Dude, I’m sorry to the Texans in the house, but fuck Texas.

Dangerman  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:43:21pm

re: #135 O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..

fuck stupidity

🌹UOJB!  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:43:32pm

O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:44:44pm

re: #136 Dangerman

fuck stupidity

Fuck the free market (but I’m repeating you now). It’s good for some things, but things where people’s lives are involved aren’t any of those. Capitalism puts the value of a human life at ZERO.

Dread Pirate Ron  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:48:17pm
Dangerman  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:49:02pm

re: #138 O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..

it also does not plan for the future very well

Jay C  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:51:54pm

re: #139 Dread Pirate Ron

Klass misses one salient point: it’s never “waste” to Republicans if the “correct” parties can make huge amounts of money off of whatever policy or program.

And “correctness” being usually defined on a scale of direct correlation to willingness to donate to the GOP…..

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:52:18pm
garzooma  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:55:29pm

re: #119 Dread Pirate Ron

NAACP, @benniegthompson file first civil suit against Trump over #capitolriot.

There was a post last thread linking to a CNN article on this. The CNN article includes the following:

The legal underpinnings of the lawsuit could face an uphill battle in court, since the KKK statute has not been widely used.

Not to disparage Rep. Bennie Thompson, but I wish he’d leave the uphill court battles to others, and concentrate on things he can do as a legislator. In particular, why not introduce legislation that explicitly criminalizes illegitimate efforts to overturn elections?

nines09  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:55:34pm

riEQmjoFBWP9lHCxleJ+F5q+KisrG1DbTNSm7xLOu6QwaVumBT3Yd0U7eYRCWhjVNS6QcLTKPTp70EsifpvHwJS2Ebzrq2USJ/Xtk+oetg0mgtnlaUeREOSc795hz7kY5ElNyjogtt38SfIgaKXNw1fy4LXKOWFtUx922udoG7l4cjvgK3BxRr8bWZ5wrtUoP1FlCFJwHyOPW66C7jdYsR2b/qozJNXWSUeDvmjTLhuOloxZjDykcO0zqBauvDwoyyrL/Lp8kE7CfeslcvVGCBCZ9Q9r0Nm8Y//tLRFVPLZ8OLYgSK0qUqsd86dppvLB0yGBWy48YbMy+tu+T7siel2ghM8w8+U7woWwxwJueBGgGTTDQgipamf3KTg6pNqWchOWZ9UFKJrXq4gq9DFkZdiHsKl/vjpDxAVgEAGNnfDgC+a7GV+iQvJZ2OUqVbpbL4hQ9Lm0S2jqcb+Y4pqGVOeZnVVnxC0FuVARwTEG5zTLXmRq0DfcqxmhIPUkQxqjTngPNz5o0Dfd+DQSIjylw5gs7oUJ/Xw6Dh4kK16ECRTrETiFxb8A/0HWiD8I6IwmF3ZAZ5lAS+iUEcy9iiGjcK/GstzvP1qVFSw3Eqnp892JOEyKtl590Km3syaiqYzEvqPR4oz4wFEAY3wucrgnFd7blcyZHjP2WE7dwjD8b8BM6P6YxNCxNiIfRiCUnPGawwEFlvWfI5/hrC0XPLwRinAK/sK9oToDCiEPss1qHstlPl6PPGz+ChHRLmUm7dR5VpDrMX5IXV1PjkrFB/F6vUjcRoeg23R/4+FmwjVriUNq9T4DW2UJSlrQMFnCToBnghr72qdj9GeAHETidLf9e6ho9tcp86Tqg9xiXoPJzLeA8nF+3YrYFcpL9RF9fSeyOaWVzQnRiXtWNkzwIE3ebxwcZtd5A8nBAI8Zc2+RVntlW5tnOgm/Lf+GkXdiJ9nU3J454ZJx2HEauyFdVlHgwPUwYvy8ER8EQgDIqLqvpuA/hX8uZ3C7XCFWfJnfAQHCuWp+m2vl6uHwA5nq5aAqlEzchSHA8A8xfMrYHajPxz3vudmZNKlFdkPrcxOMhklA6PY+rHPS0Wi3AQ0DGtWFJz9LJ+4u6iuMPPhSgF1OIvHk48YOSPtfEyxgxyca4tElo/Xri4VKoeQKyBIFD30NYRYOZ+3ZRPzPbVcqMNKRbn6pucNcC/8qoG9r8aRvyWhXh3ahniwyQIZXCx2SfAAC6OrVTqSqQsA7mqE2FHedut89FRuyS3VTyajUbI/14XY/4c7B79iD8dyoci3XKtKAi3OunoZ4Gu1gTGhUmNshIhaXCyYMy/Yat9X0hVtXDK+SeE6tctz+0pbQxTJgn7R8L+O0tRVzxmnk7j9tTZUg9o7jyahcxU/4cQX4XyGhMJc7QLj0OJpBjakU1KRJcEzT6D1NXwZgjPWGUZm7Jkn+2P5TDXbq1eQ6quvMF7D0xa6LUFSO33RMOgL6Pm895nXvjWG3Tuob0IlUWotbi9u3/YfchalfaKuhpQDKxps2i6iMSLWm4joSw1WFV9s09OO8ax7J5rfF/sA3hBnJneiZcCly4wO07djXGHuPuTYqdPUHxmA232KB6RpQUrVfKUXlhKtyr4za0THHW26EPRXQgpvUK1daOy0TyCAarBJUcDJt0ZA7mEjXkXb4bRcaYQubgw==

The Ghost of a Flea  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:56:07pm

re: #141 Jay C

Yeah, the decision chart is basically, “does this make our donors pile of money higher in the short term?” and if the answer is “no” it’s socialist wastefulness.

These people are Social Darwinists and eugenicists.

Dangerman  Feb 16, 2021 • 12:59:44pm

re: #143 garzooma

kind of like impeachment

Barefoot Grin  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:00:07pm

re: #116 darthstar

There was an article in today’s paper about farmers panicking about timely arrival of seeds and buying early. These must be specialized growers—I can’t see farmers being impacted by USPS.

Charles Johnson  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:00:13pm
darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:02:28pm
darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:06:07pm

Good point. Trump wants to be paid to be a draw.

Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:06:24pm
Dr. Matt  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:07:47pm

….political affiliation as a protected class.

Conservatism is professional victimhood.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:08:17pm

nines09  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:09:11pm
The Ghost of a Flea  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:11:35pm

re: #152 Dr. Matt

Conservatism is professional victimhood.

Nah.

Lots of amateur victimhood too

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:11:45pm
The Ghost of a Flea  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:12:26pm

Step One: add political affiliation as a protected class.

Step Two: remove all other protected classes.

O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:13:10pm

re: #157 The Ghost of a Flea

Step One: add political affiliation as a protected class.

Step Two: remove all other protected classes.

Step 3: Make it so only one political affiliation is protected.

Romantic Heretic  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:13:23pm

re: #138 O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..

Oh come now. Their organs are worth something, if in good condition. Also, if broken down to their primary elements they’re worth at least $50!

Sometimes my ability to think like a sociopath worries me.

Dr. Matt  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:13:45pm

12 😁😁

No Malarkey!  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:14:14pm

re: #151 Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo

Biden clearly at fault because he refused to acknowledge Trump’s landslide victory./

Dangerman  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:15:20pm

re: #150 darthstar

Good point. Trump wants to be paid to be a draw.

it’s still a stupid argument
there is no one ‘social media’ of which trump has no access

say there are 30-40 major platforms
he’s ‘banned’ from what, 10 or so?

there’s lots out there
he just wont have the reach or the disruption he wants
(and yeah, he might have to pay)

this is more like, i want to still shop at wal-mart after, you know.
they wont let me in.
sure a lot of other stores will but i dont like their stuff

so first amendment, my rights, unfair, freedoms, etc

O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:16:09pm

re: #159 Romantic Heretic

Sometimes my ability to think like a sociopath worries me.

Everyone has the capacity to be evil. Not everyone has the capacity to be good. Good people are the ones who can recognize the evil within them and say, “Fuck off and keep on fucking off until I tell you to stop.”

Dangerman  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:17:37pm

re: #157 The Ghost of a Flea

Step One: add political affiliation as a protected class.

Step Two: remove all other protected classes.

Step three: define our political affiliation as the only true affiliation.

The Pie Overlord!  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:23:41pm

re: #164 Dangerman

Step three: define our political affiliation as the only true affiliation.

Step four: make it hereditary.

O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:24:00pm

There’s also the pesky detail that no one is being fired/canceled because they’re a Republican, but because they are publicly stating opinions (or performing actions) that are reprehensible. Now if you’re telling me that that’s what Republicanism really is…

PrairieQueen  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:25:26pm

One way to fight against cancel culture is stop being a complete asshole that does fucked up repugnant shit that gets you canceled by a majority of more normal, more decent people.

But that’s only an idea. Might only look good on paper, I dunno if it could work in real life.//

The Pie Overlord!  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:30:57pm

FFS

DodgerFan1988  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:31:59pm
darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:32:36pm
Belafon  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:33:17pm

re: #142 darthstar

Seance sounds like a good business name.

DodgerFan1988  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:40:42pm
Colère Tueur de Lapin  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:42:39pm

re: #164 Dangerman

Step three: define our political affiliation as the only true affiliation.

This is how I read it. Because otherwise, everyone is part of a protected class.

The Pie Overlord!  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:42:48pm
🌹UOJB!  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:43:36pm

re: #170 darthstar

Yes and we remember how Ah-Nold conspired with Riordan, Right wing activists and ENRON to force Gray Davis out of office.

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:44:37pm
Nyet  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:45:16pm

re: #168 The Pie Overlord!

Hey, Laffer, KEN SENT ME.

🌹UOJB!  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:46:47pm

re: #168 The Pie Overlord!

FFS

Can you say “How Brownback Fucked Up Kansas” boys and girls?

I knew you could!

Targetpractice  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:47:37pm

re: #168 The Pie Overlord!

FFS

Recovery Act 2.0: The Wrath of Kudlow. “We need more tax cuts because people with no jobs will totally benefit from keeping their own money!”

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:53:06pm

No Malarkey!  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:55:30pm

re: #168 The Pie Overlord!

FFS

That is the GOP’S only economic tool.

Patricia Kayden  Feb 16, 2021 • 1:57:53pm
Jay C  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:00:26pm

re: #181 No Malarkey!

That is the GOP’S only economic tool.

Funny, I thought Larry “Always Dead Wrong About Everything” Kudlow was the GOP’s main “economic tool”??

I mean, where are you going to find a bigger tool than him??

Targetpractice  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:00:52pm

re: #176 darthstar

Look at that, he’s helping people out and doing so without demanding praise or acting as if the people he’s helping are undeserving.

Days like these make you so thankful to have an adult in the WH again.

🌹UOJB!  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:01:35pm

re: #183 Jay C

I mean, where are you going to find a bigger tool than him??

It’s named Arthur Laffer.

Eclectic Cyborg  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:02:41pm

re: #184 Targetpractice

Days like these make you so thankful to have an adult in the WH again.

Indeed. Trump would probably be tweeting that Antifa sabotaged the TX power grid.

The Pie Overlord!  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:05:05pm

Oh man, he must miss The Twitter so much.

Momkat56  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:06:26pm

re: #27 DesertDenizen

Congratulations! My Dad was a Mechanical Engineer for Boeing in the 60s and worked on the Saturn V program (design team for hatches if IIRC). He woke us up in the middle of the night to watch the first moon walk on TV, and I can remember him saying “I helped them get there”.

stpaulbear  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:07:11pm

re: #135 O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..

The huge utility bill will be in addition to the huge repair bills caused by bust pipes.

Jay C  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:08:58pm

re: #189 stpaulbear

Which repairs are likely to be carried out by low-wage workers with-ahem - dubious documentation…..

🌹UOJB!  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:09:22pm

re: #187 The Pie Overlord!

Oh man, he must miss The Twitter so much.

So ungrateful of Poopy Pants after Moscow Mitch made sure he was let off the hook!

The Pie Overlord!  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:11:15pm

This woman is probably mentally ill but dayum that is still no excuse for what she does here.

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:11:50pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:12:18pm

re: #187 The Pie Overlord!

Oh man, he must miss The Twitter so much.

The Pie Overlord!  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:14:08pm

Turtle got FFVCS acquitted a second time and this is how he shows gratitude?

🌹UOJB!  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:14:13pm

Gee after Mitch did this…and look at the thanks he gets!

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:16:02pm

re: #192 The Pie Overlord!

As soon as she walked away the person recording should have stopped. This desire to continue to publicly humiliate “Karens” or other assholes is one of the worst by-products of the Trump era. Nobody benefits from this.

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:16:50pm

Would have been nice of Trump to do this back in October.

🌹UOJB!  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:17:54pm

re: #192 The Pie Overlord!

BlueSpotinAL  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:19:20pm

re: #188 Momkat56

My Father in Law worked for Pan Am and must have done the same to MsRedState. He did not wake me up, because In spite of us both being raised in Arkansas, Father and Father-in-Law were separate people.

🌹UOJB!  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:20:53pm
Decatur Deb  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:23:09pm

Regionalized safety advice from one of Wife’s FB friends:

The rest of y’all stay safe! And remember Southerners for the most part don’t know how to drive on ice and snow, so stay home, read a book and enjoy your snowstorm snacks! If you do drive, drive like you’re carrying a casserole dish of your grandma’s biscuits and gravy (with only a measley slip of DG aluminum foil covering it) and two jugs of sweet tea with questionable lids in your back seat.

🌹UOJB!  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:23:22pm
EPR-radar  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:24:15pm

re: #195 The Pie Overlord!

Turtle got FFVCS acquitted a second time and this is how he shows gratitude?

FFVCS doesn’t appear to realize that that the Evil Turtle is the one person in DC that can get him barred from ever holding federal office again.

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:25:07pm
LadyBehir  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:25:33pm

Just to annoy the goobers
darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:29:15pm

re: #205 darthstar

They do a pretty good job with this site:

Dihydrogen Monoxide Dihydrogen Monoxide - dhmo.org Support the Cause!

The atomic components of DHMO are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.
For more detailed information, including precautions, disposal procedures and storage requirements, refer to one of the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) available for DHMO:

Despite the known dangers of DHMO, it continues to be used daily by industry, government, and even in private homes across the U.S. and worldwide. Some of the well-known uses of Dihydrogen Monoxide are:

as an industrial solvent and coolant,
in nuclear power plants,
by the U.S. Navy in the propulsion systems of some older vessels,
by elite athletes to improve performance,
in the production of Styrofoam,
in biological and chemical weapons manufacture,
in the development of genetically engineering crops and animals,
as a spray-on fire suppressant and retardant,
in so-called “family planning” or “reproductive health” clinics,
as a major ingredient in many home-brewed bombs,
as a byproduct of hydrocarbon combustion in furnaces and air conditioning compressor operation,
in cult rituals,
by the Church of Scientology on their members and their members’ families (although surprisingly, many members recently have contacted dhmo.org to vehemently deny such use),
by both the KKK and the NAACP during rallies and marches,
by members of Congress who are under investigation for financial corruption and inappropriate IM behavior,
by kids who play Beyblades,

Charles Johnson  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:35:28pm
stpaulbear  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:37:25pm

re: #188 Momkat56

I was working at a Stop & Rob store while I was in tech school. The Challenger explosion happened during that time. Soon after, a guy came into the store kind of distraught and as I was ringing up his stuff, he told me that he’d been an engineer for a firm that was working on Apollo 1 when the capsule burned up, killing three astronauts. I think he said that they hadn’t known it was a pure oxygen environment, but I mostly just remember how incredibly sad he was while he ‘confessed’.

Belafon  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:39:19pm

re: #197 darthstar

Karens predate Trump. And when the only way to get a lot of people to change their behavior is to shame them, we videotape and expose them. It would be nice to have the services set up to help people who need it, but we’re in a country that requires us to videotape wingers to shame them into correct behavior, not one with proper history teaching and health services.

First As Tragedy, Then As Farce  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:39:33pm

My boss’s boss DEMANDS to know when the power outages will be over.

We are a public library system, and thus have neither the knowledge, nor the control, nor much of the give-a-fuck about it.

My boss’s boss is also famous for demanding advance notice of unplanned outages.

Not long ago, the hard drive in her laptop died. Whoops, hardware failure. These things happen, right? WRONG. She demanded an explanation and a written “plan of action” describing steps we would take to “make sure this never happens again”.

I’ve worked for lots of idiots in the past, but gawt-damn this is a live one.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:43:37pm

re: #180 darthstar

Portland light rail 2002.
nationalgeographic.com

Eclectic Cyborg  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:45:03pm

re: #211 First As Tragedy, Then As Farce

Gotta love the morons who think technology will never EVER fail.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:47:52pm

re: #211 First As Tragedy, Then As Farce

My boss’s boss DEMANDS to know when the power outages will be over.

I’ve worked for lots of idiots in the past, but gawt-damn this is a live one.

I had a manager like that. You give her a bullshit “plan,” which was good enough to fulfill this requirement, since it was just something some business school told her was needed.

Chrysicat  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:51:24pm
A Three Hour Tour  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:52:08pm

re: #211 First As Tragedy, Then As Farce

My boss’s boss DEMANDS to know when the power outages will be over.

I’ve worked for lots of idiots in the past, but gawt-damn this is a live one.

Oh, how many times you and your co-workers had to bite your tongues to keep from saying something like, ” Some catastrophic events are beyond even our abilities to control, Karen, you ignorant, high-strung, overly-entitled bitch. “

Then again, given the tenor of the times, something like “We’re a public library system, Karen; you have obviously confused us with an Arby’s drive-thru” might be more appropriate .

stpaulbear  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:52:34pm

MN Public Radio ran a story about how people in Moorhead MN (directly across from Fargo, ND) were having brief rolling blackouts because they use power that is part of a grid system that stretches all the way down to TX. I think I’d be pretty pissed off.

steve_davis  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:53:41pm

re: #154 nines09

I just marvel at that. I mean, does some little place in the millipede brain just say, “that direction” and then the legs do their thing? Hard to imagine it’s possible to coordinate all those legs centrally.

Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:56:13pm

re: #52 Dread Pirate Ron

The situation raises questions about the grid’s preparedness. “Grid demand is so much higher than we’ve really built the system for in the wintertime,” said Joshua Rhodes, a research associate at the University of Texas at Austin.

It’s important to realize that this weather is hardly unprecedented; -17 in Lubbock in 1963, for example. It is, however, the worst cold snap since the libertarian-promoted, Republican approved ERCOT became the Texas grid operator in 1996. With freezing instruments in all kinds of facilities, and no attention given to backup fuel supplies, it’s obvious that winterization has been ignored across the board in recent years.
It reminds me of the Lubbock money-launderers developers who ignored city codes during a massive apartment building boom in the early 2000s, only to be blamed for a city-wide disaster when burst pipes left thousands without water during a hard freeze in 2011.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:57:07pm
BeenHereAwhile  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:58:39pm

re: #202 Decatur Deb

Regionalized safety advice from one of Wife’s FB friends:

Born and raised in central FL where driving a 2X4 pickup truck on a muddy red clay road after rain, up and down hills and around curves (do you know how much it rains in central FL?) happened a lot.

My first experience in driving on snow and ice, “it’s like driving on a muddy red clay road.”

Backwoods_Sleuth  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:58:44pm
gocart mozart  Feb 16, 2021 • 2:59:45pm

You don’t know who Rick Pearlstein is? en.wikipedia.org

Colère Tueur de Lapin  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:01:40pm

re: #213 Eclectic Cyborg

Technology always fails. The question is how are you prepared so it affects you a little as possible.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:02:37pm
Eclectic Cyborg  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:02:55pm

re: #224 Colère Tueur de Lapin

LOL. I’m a tech guy (both in hobby and profession) so yes, I know this very very well.

This is why I can’t STAND morons who have insanely unrealistic expectations of how technology works.

Patricia Kayden  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:03:15pm
Barefoot Grin  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:03:17pm

re: #221 BeenHereAwhile

It was all fun in central Illinois until front-wheel drive. “It snowed? Let’s go!” We’d also hit the streets to “skitch.” That was when you ran out to grab the fender of a slow-moving car to basically ski in your shoes. And to earn karma points, we’d push stuck cars. The little ice age of the late 1970s.

Nyet  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:04:51pm

Done.

Nyet  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:10:54pm

re: #236 TedStriker

Thanks!

Eclectic Cyborg  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:11:31pm

re: #227 Patricia Kayden

After Hurricane Zeta ripped through here this past fall, I noticed my next energy bill had a notice on it saying something like: “Attention XXX Power customers. We do not offer credits for days spent without service. You are only billed for what you use.”

And I’m like: “I cannot believe there were so many idiots thinking they deserved credits because of a storm related outage that they had to put a damn notice on everyones bill.”

I mean trust me, I know some folks are entitled, but come on.

Patricia Kayden  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:11:44pm

So Trump had someone in his Cabinet who had disqualifying ties to China but is just acknowledging that now that he’s no longer in the White House? Alrighty then.

Eclectic Cyborg  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:12:19pm

She conveniently leaves out the part where Ronald Reagan removed the WH Solar Panels that Jimmy Carter had installed.

gwangung  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:12:46pm

re: #239 Patricia Kayden

It’s kinda rich given his own business ties, asking for patents, trademarks and whatnot.

KGxvi  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:13:14pm

I thought it was already against the law to hire undocumented workers? Also, I thought Republicans hated regulations on businesses, like the government telling them who they can and can’t hire?

Patricia Kayden  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:14:24pm

re: #241 gwangung

And didn’t Ivanka get several patents from China because of her ties to Trump? What hypocrisy! Trump has no shame.

Decatur Deb  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:14:27pm

re: #226 Eclectic Cyborg

Y’all probably don’t want to mess with skydiving, then.

sagehen  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:15:31pm

re: #124 steve_davis

Harvest workers don’t get paid by the hour. They get paid by the bucket.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:15:33pm

heh

KGxvi  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:17:14pm

re: #243 Patricia Kayden

Having no shame is (at least as a recent development) a good trait to have if you’re going to be an entrepreneur like Trump fashions himself. More useful (and for a much longer time than the lack of shame bit) is having intelligence and foresight. Trump has never had those, which is why most all of his business ventures have failed.

Patricia Kayden  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:17:51pm

And you’re rooting for injuries on both sides since they’re equally awful.

Nyet  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:20:40pm

We haven’t had trolls and flouncers in quite a while, eh?

PrairieQueen  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:20:53pm
O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:21:29pm

re: #249 Nyet

We haven’t had trolls and flouncers in quite a while, eh?

We’ve had a few trolls, but Charles doesn’t let us play with them for very long. They tend to make a mess.

Chrysicat  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:24:09pm

re: #240 Eclectic Cyborg

For that matter, are we even sure the WH is fossil-fuelled?

Although I guess most central heating that far south is probably natgas, and nobody would run an entirely-electric system on a palace.

But I strongly suspect that it’s still less fossil-fuelled there than it would be if the same building were in Western Colorado, because I think its line power is probably nuclear.

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:29:07pm
PrairieQueen  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:31:15pm

re: #248 Patricia Kayden

And you’re rooting for injuries on both sides since they’re equally awful.

Like a really revolting Thelma and Louise, driving over the cliff together, fighting. Nobody cares as long as they hit bottom in the end.

Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:31:27pm

Woman Leaves Dunkin’ Employees Baffled By Loudly Arguing That A Dozen Donuts Means 50

Quick, how many donuts are in a dozen? If you said 12, then you’re normal. A half dozen would be six donuts and a baker’s dozen would be 13. Everyone knows these things, right?

I only ask because a women, let’s call her Karen, was filmed on TikTok recently getting into an argument with Dunkin’ employees because she believes a dozen donuts means 50.

*snip*
Thousands of comments later, including one that perfectly wrote, “50 must be a Karen’s dozen,”

Colère Tueur de Lapin  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:31:39pm

re: #251 O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..

Last one disappeared so fast the grill hadn’t gotten hot yet.

EPR-radar  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:31:42pm

re: #251 O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..

We also apparently have no Republican true believers. The Venn diagram overlap between Republican true believers and offensive trolls is 100%.

darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:31:52pm

Like many other people, I was laughing so hard at Trump’s bitterness toward McConnell I didn’t even notice him further implicating himself in Georgia.

TedStriker  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:32:58pm

re: #248 Patricia Kayden

And you’re rooting for injuries on both sides since they’re equally awful.

Colère Tueur de Lapin  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:33:25pm

re: #252 Chrysicat

The number of houses in this area (DMV - DC Metro) that are geothermal is surprising. I’ve had two friends build such houses. No idea if the WH uses such tech, but it would be cool if it did.

KGxvi  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:35:46pm

So, I’ve been thinking lately, with all the talk of Trump starting a Patriot Party, or maybe NeverTrump types leaving the GOP for a new party… what would it actually take to break the two party system that we have? A couple of thoughts, not particularly well thought out at this point, mostly a jumping off point:

1. expanding the House of Representatives - the fewer seats, the fewer chances a third/fourth/fifth party can win a seat. I like the so-called Wyoming Rule , that would have had 547 seats in the House for the last decade.

2. scraping the electoral college for a national popular vote. Given the tie breaker/run off runs in the current system, it makes it nearly impossible for third parties to break through at the national level (realistically, a real third party movement is going to have to start in the legislatures, state and federal).

3. a willingness of political elites to have something similar to coalition governments in our system. We effectively have a coalition in the Senate, as two independents caucus with the Democrats. But if there’s say, four national parties, what happens when none of them have a working majority? Is there the political will to create a coalition in the House and/or Senate that would get things done?

Belafon  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:37:12pm

I found Smeerensberg (the town in Klaus).

Small town at water

I want to know where this place actually is. It’s on my Windows lock screen.

Cheechako  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:37:18pm

re: #227 Patricia Kayden

Reminds me of Juneau about 10 years ago. All our power is generated by hydro and is totally a self contained system. No connections to the outside world. There are 4 hydro pants in the system. The largest hydro power plant, Snettisham , is located about 30 miles south of town.

During that winter, in March, a massive avalanche destroyed about 1 1/2 miles of the high voltage line to Juneau. That included 3 or 4 steel transmission towers. Fortunately, the power company was prepared for any problems from broken lines. Within the City there are 6 massive CAT diesel generators for a back up supply of power. It required all 6 generators to supply replacement power which consumed over 3,000 gal of diesel each day. Naturally this was in the time when diesel was over $3.50/gal.

The estimate was 4-6 months to repair the system. Burning high priced diesel at this rate would bankrupt the locally owned power company. The State regulators the authority to charge $0.55/kwh extra until the excess cost of diesel was reimbursed.

Needless to say, but the consumption of electricity in the City as a whole, dropped by 33%. Everyone turned off any excess lighting or other unnecessary electric use. Even the large stores had every other light turned off. We proved we really did not need all the electricity we were using.

The downside to this electric conservation was that it took an extra 2 months for us to pay off the cost of all the diesel that was used.

The line was restored in about 3 months. They did redesign the towers to be avalanche resistant.

Patricia Kayden  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:37:25pm
Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:38:23pm

This is a trick question, right?

TedStriker  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:38:44pm

re: #237 Nyet

Thanks!

I like that Jeet Heer was defending Charles there:

Dread Pirate Ron  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:42:32pm
ipsos  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:45:42pm

re: #260 Colère Tueur de Lapin

My neighbors next door (one of whom is a Real Life Karen) put in geothermal two winters ago. I assume it’s saving them money, or will eventually - but they had problems getting the holes drilled, and we ended up with the house shaking and noisy for 10 hours a day, five days a week, for TWO MONTHS while they got the damn thing installed.

Not that I was particularly on good terms with them before, but it ended up not being very neighborly when they were in the process of installing the system.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:45:46pm
darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:52:16pm

Actually, Larry Kudlow said it four times.

Dread Pirate Ron  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:54:22pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:58:01pm

sure thing, Greg

danarchy  Feb 16, 2021 • 3:58:44pm

re: #271 Dread Pirate Ron

I know it is cold, but I didn’t think it was -295F…

🌹UOJB!  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:00:11pm

heh

I’m convinced Steven Miller wrote that bullshit.

Eclectic Cyborg  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:01:49pm

sure thing, Greg

You hear that, Mr. Abbott?

That’s the sound of all your damn free market solutions crashing and burning into the fucking ground.

Nojay UK  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:03:54pm

re: #273 danarchy

I know it is cold, but I didn’t think it was -295F…

Natural gas has moisture in it. That moisture is freezing up inside the equipment, jamming valves and pumps. It’s easy to avoid this, just use electrical heating elements in important locations to keep everything above freezing but that presupposes an uninterrupted electricity supply. Oops.

BeachDem  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:04:20pm

heh

jeffreyw  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:05:14pm

Chrysicat  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:05:27pm

I found Smeerensberg (the town in Klaus).

I want to know where this place actually is. It’s on my Windows lock screen.

If it’s on your lock screen right now, you should be able to idle long enough for it to pop up two tooltips, plus up in the right corner, a bubble you can mouse over to call up the location.

Chrysicat  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:11:04pm

re: #279 Chrysicat

Of course, that only works when it isn’t a new restart, so you’d have to windows-L to get to it.

In this case, I went ahead and ran a reverse image search for it myself.

It’s Reine, Lofoten.

Incidentally, my lock screen is also Lofoten today, but in a different part of the archipelago.

Patricia Kayden  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:11:27pm
Patricia Kayden  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:12:07pm

re: #278 jeffreyw

That looks so good!!! Save me a plate.

Eclectic Cyborg  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:12:25pm

Tots and Pears:

Hecuba's daughter  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:13:33pm

re: #275 Eclectic Cyborg

You hear that, Mr. Abbott?

Private industry won’t do the right thing unless it’s profitable or regulations force them into taking appropriate measures. And when they fail, they are usually bailed out by the government without suffering substantial penalties and with their executives shielded from true legal and financial repercussions.

Eclectic Cyborg  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:14:07pm
darthstar  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:14:20pm

re: #276 Nojay UK

Can’t they just use a blow torch?

Patricia Kayden  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:14:36pm

Did someone say “double chin”?

re: #277 BeachDem

Backwoods_Sleuth  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:19:07pm

JFC, this moron

the rest of his thread screed is more bullshit

Patricia Kayden  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:20:44pm

Texas has surely not prioritized the adoption of unreliable wind/solar energy over reliable energy. What a lie.

TedStriker  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:21:58pm

re: #271 Dread Pirate Ron

sure thing, Greg

re: #276 Nojay UK

The elephant in the room is that TX’s inability to keep their electricity on and their NG wells and pipelines running may start affecting tens of millions of Americans hundreds of miles away if things don’t thaw out very, very soon, as TX alone accounts for almost a quarter of US LNG production:

eia.gov

TedStriker  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:26:29pm

re: #290 TedStriker

eia.gov

Now, whether what’s going on with the ERCOT intrastate wells and pipelines is affecting the private interstate LNG wells and pipelines, I don’t know, but I sure hope not.

Nyet  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:26:39pm

re: #201 🌹UOJB!

Charles, the replied-to tweets have wrong dates.

Belafon  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:36:02pm

re: #280 Chrysicat

In this case, I went ahead and ran a reverse image search for it myself.

It’s Reine, Lofoten.

Thanks for looking it up. You also don’t get the tips if the lock was caused by removing in from another computer, as happened while I was playing with settings.

Patricia Kayden  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:38:43pm
The Pie Overlord!  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:39:55pm
O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:42:10pm

re: #295 The Pie Overlord!

What the actual goddamn fuck is wrong with people.

Cheechako  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:44:15pm

re: #276 Nojay UK

Also the large, increased demand has made it difficult to maintain the required pressures in the gas lines. One other consideration is that once a line is shut down the the gas company has to go out and relight all the pilot lights. Consumers are not supposed to do this for safety reasons.

A Mom Anon  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:44:32pm

re: #295 The Pie Overlord!

Hey maybe he’ll have to have some assistance with his heat or power bills since his mayor gig is over. With a little luck maybe any other source of income this shitmuffin has will get lost too. I am so happy I wasn’t born a fucking sociopath. But I am even more tired of them breaking everything and getting away with it.

The Pie Overlord!  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:45:02pm

re: #296 O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..

What the actual goddamn fuck is wrong with people.

How in the utter fuck do you ruggedly individualistically bootstrap your own power grid?

The Pie Overlord!  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:46:55pm

CMIIW but wasn’t the Galt’s Gulch power grid operated BY MAGIC?

Dread Pirate Ron  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:47:27pm
JC1  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:47:32pm

re: #289 Patricia Kayden

There are huge numbers of wind turbines in TX.

O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:48:15pm

re: #299 The Pie Overlord!

What, you mean you can’t afford to build your own solar/wind farm, dig your own well, and dump your own sewage? How dare you live in America, go be poor somewhere else.

Chrysicat  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:49:30pm

JFC, this moron

the rest of his thread screed is more bullshit

BeachDem  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:50:30pm

re: #295 The Pie Overlord!

Now he’ll have more time to study spelling and grammar. Jeez…

Hecuba's daughter  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:55:11pm

re: #300 The Pie Overlord!

CMIIW but wasn’t the Galt’s Gulch power grid operated BY MAGIC?

Wasn’t it a perpetual motion machine? i.e. MAGIC!

Colère Tueur de Lapin  Feb 16, 2021 • 4:55:59pm

re: #296 O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..

What the actual goddamn fuck is wrong with people.

Everything

Colère Tueur de Lapin  Feb 16, 2021 • 5:00:17pm

I just had a back-and-forth conversation on faceplant with some of my TX glass artisans. Seems they (that live in TX) have no fucking clue how lopsided the power is for them to get hosed.

Yes, they all live in the blue-bits of Texas.

FFL (GOP Delenda Est)  Feb 16, 2021 • 5:01:13pm

re: #260 Colère Tueur de Lapin

Could probably power a decent chunk of Illinois from Lincoln spinning in his grave at the current policies and behaviors of the Republican Party.

jaunte  Feb 16, 2021 • 5:06:24pm

re: #295 The Pie Overlord!

Yet another public whiner who’s going to blame all his troubles on Cancel Culture instead of his big mouth.

PrairieQueen  Feb 16, 2021 • 5:09:32pm

re: #283 Eclectic Cyborg

Tots and Pears:

I’ll pass on the thoughts and prayers. BTW, how’s those plans to secede going? Wait, is that after Texas gets its federal disaster money?

Charles Johnson  Feb 16, 2021 • 5:46:48pm

re: #266 TedStriker

I like that Jeet Heer was defending Charles there:

I sent him a message thanking him for that.

Eventual Carrion  Feb 16, 2021 • 8:42:04pm

You know, I have swords. Are we going old school?

Eventual Carrion  Feb 16, 2021 • 8:57:22pm

re: #249 Nyet

We haven’t had trolls and flouncers in quite a while, eh?

I’m outta here. Do I need to say more?

Pino Palladino + Blake Mills + Sam Gendel - Djurkel (Live) Pre-order the new album “Notes With Attachments” available March 12: pinoblake.lnk.to Shop merch: blakemills.lnk.to Follow Pino:Instagram: pinopalladino.lnk.toFacebook: pinopalladino.lnk.toTwitter: pinopalladino.lnk.toSpotify: pinopalladino.lnk.to Tidal: pinopalladino.lnk.to Amazon: pinopalladino.lnk.to Pandora: pinopalladino.lnk.to YouTube Music: pinopalladino.lnk.to Follow Blake:Instagram: blakemills.lnk.toTwitter: blakemills.lnk.toSpotify: blakemills.lnk.toApple Music: blakemills.lnk.toAmazon: blakemills.lnk.toSoundcloud: blakemills.lnk.toPandora: blakemills.lnk.toYouTube ...
Tweets: 1 •
Molly Tuttle, Sierra Hull, Sarah Jarosz -Salt CreekMolly Tuttle, Sierra Hull and Sarah Jarosz playing "Salt Creek" during the Music City Bandwidth's virtual show from The East Room in Nashville on October 15, 2020
Tweets: 1 •
Black Pumas - I’m Ready (Live on the Late Late Show With James Corden) "I'm Ready" is available on the GRAMMY-nominated Deluxe Edition of the Black Pumas debut album. The Deluxe Edition includes 11 bonus tracks (3 brand new songs, 4 covers, and 4 live recordings) and is available now in 2xLP, 2xCD ...
Tweets: 1 •
Tomorrow - Jimmy Wahlsteen, Vincent VegaProvided to YouTube by Epidemic Sound Tomorrow · Jimmy Wahlsteen · Vincent Vega Epidemic Presents: Crates (M. Bison Edition) ℗ Epidemic Sound Released on: 2020-03-13 Producer: Kasper LindgrenComposer: Jimmy Wahlsteen Auto-generated by YouTube.
Tweets: 2 •
#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 210221The waterfall bilge pump died three weeks ago.We're trying something new.Saturday we test installed two tiny aquarium pumps to get the waterfall going again.These pumps are very small but are designed to run all the time. Bilge pumps aren't. Though ...
Dangerman
Tweets: 0 •
The Staves - Best Friend [Live at Lafayette] The Staves - Best Friend [Live at Lafayette] Our new album 'Good Woman' is out now: lnk.to Follow The Staves:Facebook thestaves.lnk.toTwitter thestaves.lnk.toInstagram thestaves.lnk.to YouTube thestaves.lnk.toSpotify thestaves.lnk.toiTunes thestaves.lnk.to When I could be anythingThat I wanted OhWe could be better thanBetter ...
1 week, 1 day ago
Views: 1,031 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Tweets: 1 •
Sting - Shape of My Heart (Official Music Video)REMASTERED IN HD!Official Video For Sting's "Shape Of My Heart".#Sting #ShapeOfMyHeart #Remastered
1 week, 1 day ago
Views: 1,185 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Tweets: 0 •
Amy Macdonald - Statues (Single Mix) (Official Audio) One of Amy's best features is that she doesn't "Americanize" her singing voice, something too many UK performers do. The Official Audio for Statues (Single Mix) by Amy Macdonald, taken from the new album 'The Human Demands'. Listen now: ...
1 week, 1 day ago
Views: 1,201 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Tweets: 1 •
KALEO - Break My Baby (LIVE From Þrídrangar, Iceland) Break My Baby - Live from Þrídrangar - Iceland Music and Lyrics by JJ Julius Son Stream/Download: kaleo.lnk.to Þrídrangar means “three rock pillars” and is located 4.5 miles from Iceland's south coast. In 1939, three of Westman Islands' best ...
2 weeks, 1 day ago
Views: 1,957 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Tweets: 6 •
Lake Street Dive - Hypotheticals [From Phantom Studios] Video Directed + Produced by Alex Chaloff for Bucket's Moving CompanyRecorded at Phantom Studios, Gallatin TN"Hypotheticals" from the upcoming Lake Street Dive album ObviouslyOut March 12th on Nonesuch RecordsPre-Order Obviously NOW: smarturl.it Produced by Mike ElizondoRachael Price: vocalsMike “McDuck” ...
2 weeks, 1 day ago