darthstar  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:00:25pm

I need to start playing my mandolin again…maybe after I get a few more of these Jerry licks down I’m working on.

jaunte  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:08:50pm
stpaulbear  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:13:07pm

Is anyone here a fan of Peter Ostroushko? He was another PHC alumnus. The 67 y.o. mandolin and fiddle player passed away this week. In 2018, he had a stroke that left him unable to play.

“His family told MPR News he had been admitted to intensive care over the weekend and died of heart and breathing issues on Wednesday.”

stpaulbear  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:14:55pm
🌹UOJB!  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:15:03pm

Please tell me these Xtian Pulpit Pimps didn’t do this. PLEASE!

jaunte  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:16:37pm

re: #5 🌹UOJB!

The weird part of that mirror gold effect the sculptor probably didn’t anticipate: it could be anyone’s face up there. You can’t tell.

No Malarkey!  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:20:36pm

First two awards at the Globes still going to Brits, but it’s the black ones now!

Chrysicat  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:25:46pm

From downstairs:

re: #145 ckkatz

Incidentally, Steve_davis said in his state one of those would get you arrested.

The tongue brush, or the mask?

Rightwingconspirator  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:31:25pm

re: #8 Chrysicat

From downstairs:

The tongue brush, or the mask?

Less creepy than Golden Calf Trump

Backwoods_Sleuth  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:32:31pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:33:55pm
Charles Johnson  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:45:05pm
b.d. (America is Great Again)  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:45:46pm

go joe go!

No Malarkey!  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:46:17pm

Backwoods_Sleuth  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:46:54pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:50:51pm
O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:52:11pm

No, but that isn’t going to stop us from trying, because space is cool and robots are cool and why the fuck not?

Backwoods_Sleuth  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:53:39pm
Chrysicat  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:53:59pm

re: #13 b.d. (America is Great Again)

go joe go!

Unabogie  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:55:12pm

re: #5 🌹UOJB!

I tried to find a source for it but I couldn’t find it.

BigPapa  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:55:43pm

I’ve been gone studying for my CCNA. Hoo boy. Now it’s the pre-testing phase. Bwainz melted.

Unabogie  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:57:11pm

Ok, the praying over Trump’s statue isn’t real. It’s taken from this image. Not any less creepy.

thehill.com

Chrysicat  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:57:52pm

re: #20 Unabogie

I tried to find a source for it but I couldn’t find it.

Thankfully that’s because it’s a shoop of the laying-on-of-hands in the Oval last year.

OTOH, neither element is a falsification in its own right, and that should be terrifying and perhaps depressing as well.

There is no dictionary in which that Trump statue isn’t defined as an idol except possibly Andy Schafly’s.

plansbandc  Feb 28, 2021 • 5:59:37pm

re: #1 darthstar

I really want to learn how to play the mandolin. Should I buy one and watch videos to learn how? I can play the piano.

No Malarkey!  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:05:10pm
The Pie Overlord!  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:06:57pm

QNuts are claiming that this afternoon’s lame speech, full of all the usual lies, was “The President’s State of the Union Address”

ipsos  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:11:46pm

re: #26 The Pie Overlord!

I hope it frosted the Orangeanus’ butt that he wasn’t even the lead story on the network newscasts an hour after he was done bleating tonight. And aside from a handful of Political Twitter stalwarts I follow, most of my social media feed seems barely aware that he spoke today.

He’s a has-been who doesn’t realize it completely yet.

jaunte  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:12:44pm
stpaulbear  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:13:41pm

I’m going to guess that that piano hasn’t been tuned for at least 4 years. It needs it badly.

The Pie Overlord!  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:14:12pm

re: #26 The Pie Overlord!

O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:15:28pm

re: #29 stpaulbear

Just remember, you can tune a piano, but you can’t tuna fish.

Dangerman  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:16:30pm

you’re welcome

jaunte  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:18:46pm

This is a little disturbing.

I killed a coral snake here in the yard last spring.

jaunte  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:19:32pm

Time to carry a longer stick.

teleskiguy  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:22:21pm

Well, it’s been a weird week at the ski area. Lost two employees (hopefully only temporarily) because they were exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, they can come back after a negative test (fingers crossed). And sadly, someone died when they hit a tree on Tuesday, a man from Bethesda, MD, pronounced dead in our First Aid Room. The director of Ski Patrol made the call, she and the three other patrol who responded are pretty shaken up by it. Only the third death at the ski area ever, last one was about 20 years ago.

stpaulbear  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:23:29pm

re: #31 O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..

Just remember, you can tune a piano, but you can’t tuna fish.

Dumbest album title of all time. At best in the top ten dumb album titles. I hate that album just for the name.

O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:24:07pm

re: #36 stpaulbear

Full disclosure, I didn’t know that dumb dad joke had anything to do with an album at all.

Hecuba's daughter  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:25:35pm

re: #35 teleskiguy

Teleskiguy, did you see the article tying an increase in avalanche deaths partially due to Covid?cnn.com

Dave In Austin  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:26:17pm

This is a little disturbing.

I killed a coral snake here in the yard last spring.

I find them frequently here in Hill Country. My only concern is the dogs. They are just not a threat to humans. I just put them over the fence if I find them. They spend 90% of their lives underground as it is.

stpaulbear  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:27:40pm

re: #37 O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..

REO Speedweiner.

O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:31:45pm

re: #40 stpaulbear

REO Speedweiner.

That’s pretty on-brand from them, I think. Oy vey.

Dave In Austin  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:32:38pm

re: #40 stpaulbear

REO Speedweiner.

A band that would put me out the door every time. Gaaa!!

teleskiguy  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:33:21pm

re: #38 Hecuba’s daughter

COVID-19 is not the reason for the spike in avalanche deaths. Yes, more people are venturing into the backcountry, but that’s been a trend for years, covid or no covid. Everyone who has died this winter were experienced and well-equipped. The reason for the spike in avalanche deaths is the super sketchy snowpack, the kind that only rears its ugly head once a decade or less.

Patricia Kayden  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:33:51pm
O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:34:04pm

re: #43 teleskiguy

Is this similar to what we’re seeing in Alaska, where the city of Juneau is under avalanche advisory because the snowpack on the moutains is so unstable?

Dave In Austin  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:34:16pm

Oh My!!! Live as well. I really like these guys

SQUEEZE HOUSE VI // Sunday, 2/28 @ 5:00pm PT (8:00pm ET)

teleskiguy  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:35:35pm

re: #45 O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..

Probably, though I’m not familiar with what’s going on with the snowpack there. The article I just posted is a good explainer of how snowpack can become avalanche-y.

Dave In Austin  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:36:36pm

re: #46 Dave In Austin

Oh My!!! Live as well. I really like these guys

Charles… Get on this.

plansbandc  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:36:44pm

I love birds so much. They’re funny and wise little creatures.

Hecuba's daughter  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:37:49pm

re: #43 teleskiguy

The article also discussed climate change being a major factor.

O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:38:49pm

re: #47 teleskiguy

Something to do with layers of freezing rain and snow allowing disturbances to propagate fast under the surface, with the visible surface avalanche trailing behind the leading edge of the shockwave.

Patricia Kayden  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:40:51pm

What’s the sense of having Democrats like Manchin and Sinema in the Senate majority when they can’t figure out how important voter protection legislation is? It’s so frustrating. Nuke the dang filibuster.

Dave In Austin  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:41:19pm

re: #49 plansbandc

I love birds so much. They’re funny and wise little creatures.

And way smarter then we give them credit for.

teleskiguy  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:41:57pm

re: #50 Hecuba’s daughter

The article also discussed climate change being a major factor.

That’s a given. Stable snowpacks only occur when there’s good consistent snowfall with little temperature fluctuations. When it snows a lot early season and then it’s warm and dry for weeks and then snows a lot again (repeated twice now this winter), the snowpack becomes very unstable. Good consistent snowfalls with consistent cold temperatures don’t seem to happen anymore where I’m at, likely an effect of climate change.

Belafon  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:44:28pm

re: #52 Patricia Kayden

peopleswhipcount.org

There are more Democrats opposed to eliminating (6) it than outright getting rid of it (5). And most Democrats are either for reform or haven’t given an opinion.

Chrysicat  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:45:34pm
O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave..  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:46:37pm

re: #56 Chrysicat

CPAC was intentionally designed as a superspreader event. They want to kill us all, and they don’t care if a few of their pawns die in the process.

The Pie Overlord!  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:52:53pm
sagehen  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:57:45pm

Like that viral video a few weeks ago, the reason you don’t see us flying big Biden flags from our trucks is… because he’s not our tribal warlord.

Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo  Feb 28, 2021 • 6:59:44pm

I may have found the ultimate dad joke:

🌹UOJB!  Feb 28, 2021 • 7:01:11pm

Did the same Parler Security guy work for Gab?

Brace yourselves, folks! Another right wing dam broke and here comes the leaks!

Belafon  Feb 28, 2021 • 7:02:41pm

re: #58 The Pie Overlord!

Barefoot Grin  Feb 28, 2021 • 7:08:26pm

re: #60 Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo

I may have found the ultimate dad joke:

Ha!

My wife has been less than enthusiastic about how much time I spend reading threads here. I guess she wanted my attention with something needing repair, because she left a note on the refrigerator saying “It’s not working.” So I opened the fridge and found that it’s working just fine. Problem is, I can’t seem to get in touch with the wife to tell her so. ////

Belafon  Feb 28, 2021 • 7:08:31pm
Dave In Austin  Feb 28, 2021 • 7:08:59pm
Belafon  Feb 28, 2021 • 7:10:52pm

re: #60 Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo

the tweet:

Of Monsters and Men - Destroyer (Official Lyric Video) “Destroyer" by Of Monsters and Men available now: omam.lnk.to ►Follow Of Monsters and Men:Instagram: instagram.comFacebook: facebook.comTwitter: @monstersandmenShazam: shazam.comWebsite: ofmonstersandmen.com Video shot & edited by: Cameron Stewart - cjbs.uk Lyrics: I want to be the king of my body and ...
Tweets: 2 •
St. Vincent - the Melting of the Sun (Official Video) Pre-order/save the new album Daddy's Home, out May 14th: lnk.ilovestvincent.comListen to "The Melting Of The Sun": lnk.ilovestvincent.comListen to "Pay Your Way In Pain": lnk.ilovestvincent.com Watch St. Vincent perform live on SNL: lnk.ilovestvincent.com Animation by Chris McD CALL 1-833-77-DADDY FOLLOW ...
Tweets: 5 •
#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 210404Did you spend all week thinking about solar power and pumps? We didn't either.A week of flawless electrics and hydraulics.The first few days we went out to check on it like hourly.Now we don't even think about itThe proof of ...
Dangerman
Tweets: 0 •
Springsteen - “Prove It All Night” Live at Cleveland Agora, 1978This is so perfect.
Secret ANTIFA Operative
Tweets: 3 •
Foster the People - Lamb’s Wool (Official Music Video) Official animated music video for Foster The People's single 'Lamb's Wool' off of their most recent EP 'In The Darkest Of Nights, Let The Birds Sing'. Listen to 'Lamb's Wool' here: stem.ffm.to Listen to 'Lamb's Wool (with Poolside)' here: ...
Tweets: 2 •
Talk Talk - It’s My Life (Live at Montreux 1986) Live at Montreux 1986 is a concert video release by the British synth pop band Talk Talk of a concert at 1986 Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland. The show was part of a tour that started in April 1986 ...
Tweets: 2 •
KALEO - Skinny [OFFICIAL LYRIC VIDEO] Music and Lyrics by JJ Julius SonNew song “Skinny" available now: kaleo.lnk.toFrom the upcoming album Surface Sounds out 4/23: kaleo.lnk.to What makes you feel good?What makes you angry inside? Why don’t you love me?You want to fuck me or ...
1 week, 1 day ago
Tweets: 3 •
Hania Rani - Live From Studio S2 Listen to 'Live from Studio S2': hania-rani.lnk.to The full live set video was premiered on the evening before the annual Piano Day worldwide celebrations (March 29th). The motivation to make the recording of the live performances which became the ...
1 week, 1 day ago
Tweets: 2 •
Billy F Gibbons - West Coast Junkie “West Coast Junkie” the new music video by Billy F Gibbons from his forthcoming album ‘Hardware’, available on June 4th on Concord Records. Pre-order ‘Hardware’: found.eeGet signed and exclusive bundles: found.ee Directed by: Harry ReeseProduced by: Matt Sorum Listen ...
Views: 1,287 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 1
Tweets: 2 •
Morcheeba - the Moon (Official Music Video) Listen to 'The Moon' streaming now: morcheeba.lnk.toWritten by I. Žilić/S. Edwards - Directed by Martin J. Pickering for Big Head MediaPre-order 'Blackest Blue', released May 14th: morcheeba.lnk.to Connect with Morcheeba: morcheeba.ukFacebook: facebook.comInstagram: instagram.comTwitter: @morcheebaband ---------- Credits Production Company: Big ...
Views: 1,044 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0