austin_blue  Nov 6, 2021 • 3:59:55pm

I like how they spell the most misspelled word in America correctly.

It was never a chaise LOUNGE, it has always been a Chaise Longue.

JOE 🥓  Nov 6, 2021 • 3:59:56pm

Hello, Your Honor!

If she’s threatening revenge on people shouldn’t she get more time in Uncle Sam’s B&B?

‘I’m a big-time victim’: MAGA rioter Jenna Ryan whines she’s being used to ‘skewer Trump’ — and threatens revenge

Jenna Ryan on Newsmax with Greg Kelly

nines09  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:02:09pm

Thank you Charles for this place. And thank you good people for being who you is.
I appreciate it.

Just driving by and dropping this off. Gotta go watch a hockey game and dream about the days I could skate as fast as I could with no fear and the cold air and crunch of the ice and the feeling I was flying and the sound of the puck off the boards….The ping of a hit post…Cranking a slapshot so hard you fall on your face. Doing a crossover at warp speed.. Getting a player to just lean the wrong way…. Steam rising off your head when you take your helmet off….damn…

Anyway….Going to try and do this with my band. Wanted to do it forever. Perfect one guitar song. Albert has been around.
Notice the Blue Jr with a microphone and the PA bringing it.
In ear monitor and a tight drummer. No nonsense bass.
We need a riser for the drums and roadies….
And he can play. Man can he play…
Maybe I can’t…..

Albert Castiglia - Big Toe - Don Odells Legends

Charles Johnson  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:04:59pm
austin_blue  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:05:02pm

re: #2 JOE 🥓

Hello, Your Honor!

They might could (sorry, Texas-ism) toss her in the Greybar Motel now instead of letting her serve her time after the Holidays. That would seem to be proper to me.

Charles Johnson  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:08:37pm
Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:10:10pm

BoJo and his cronies doing what the GOP leadership is doing, picking fights just to keep his party base engaged with the Tories instead of having the base run off after even more demagogic nuts:

The Tories’ big idea for staying in power? Endless conflict with the EU

Obviously, Johnson needs to bellow and growl. Opposition to the EU bound the conservative right, middle-class nationalists and working-class voters together in the 2016 Brexit referendum and 2019 general election. His career has taught him that conflict brings personal profit. The stories he made up about Brussels for the Telegraph in the 1990s turned him from a disgraced junior reporter into a Fleet Street star and finally into a prime minister. He presides over a wider right filled with men and women who have spent their lives hating the EU. They will not stop now just because we have left. To keep party members who are not so much Eurosceptic as Euroneurotic on side, to stop the right of the party destroying him as it destroyed the premierships of his predecessors, and to prevent a resurgence of Farageism, Johnson needs foreign quarrels to ensure his survival.

For BoJo the boogeymen are The French! and The EU! For the GOP it is “CRT!” and “Socialism!”

austin_blue  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:14:04pm

re: #3 nines09

I appreciate it.

Notice the Blue Jr with a microphone and the PA bringing it.
In ear monitor and a tight drummer. No nonsense bass.
We need a riser for the drums and roadies….
And he can play. Man can he play…
Maybe I can’t…..

I think you should thank us for being “the good people we am”. I hope your team wins!

b.d. (The war is over)  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:17:56pm

Evening Lizards,

Got my 3rd shot of Moderna yesterday. The only horrible thing that happened was me noticing that Walgreen’s had 70% off of their Halloween candy.

austin_blue  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:21:49pm

re: #9 b.d. (The war is over)

Evening Lizards,

Did you max out your credit cards?

What are you going to do with 70,000 Twix bars?

Charles Johnson  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:23:07pm
Eventual Carrion  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:23:22pm

Text from my buddy just now:

Just tried the Trump sandwich. White bread full of bologna with Russian dressing and a small pickle

b.d. (The war is over)  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:23:41pm

re: #10 austin_blue

Did you max out your credit cards?

What are you going to do with 70,000 Twix bars?

Man, I sure hope we do something fast about the price of insulin!

A stack of candy is a challenge, one I didn’t ask for lol.

Barefoot Grin  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:29:16pm

Charlie—Bird—-of course speaks in tenor….

Dopamine Fish  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:30:26pm

As the band once said, bird is the word.

Eclectic Cyborg  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:37:27pm

I, for one, fully support our new avian overlords.

Charles Johnson  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:39:13pm
austin_blue  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:39:22pm

re: #16 Eclectic Cyborg

I, for one, fully support our new avian overlords.

Could be worse. Our new overlords could be Murder Hornets. That would really suck.

Dopamine Fish  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:40:10pm

re: #18 austin_blue

Ah, murder hornets. The discarded story arc of the 2020 season of Reality.

No Malarkey!  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:40:12pm
nines09  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:43:13pm

re: #8 austin_blue

We am we is.
I slur into early me sometimes.
I could slip in and out of Carolina speak during bunky big rig days, but got called out as Philly north of the mason dixon.
“You from Allentown?”
Yeah. Macungie. You good.

Dave In Austin  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:44:24pm
Citizen K  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:45:26pm

re: #20 No Malarkey!

We have a federal court system perfectly designed to kill us and keep the GOP in power ad infinitum right now. And it seems like there’s so precious fucking little we can do about it.

PhillyPretzel  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:45:55pm

re: #21 nines09

lol. Philly has its own accent. Street becomes shtreet. Acme becomes hackame. Water becomes wooder.

KGxvi  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:48:31pm

Like the talking tiki bird at Disneyland?

PhillyPretzel  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:49:04pm

re: #25 KGxvi

Tikibirds?

nines09  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:51:08pm

re: #24 PhillyPretzel

I was in Denver with my oldest boys family at a restaurant a while back.
When asked what beverage I wanted I said “wooder”. But I didn’t hear it as that.
She looked at me like ??? and not missing a beat my boy said “he means water”.
Oh.
I think I shall use agua. Bueno?

KGxvi  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:52:32pm

re: #26 PhillyPretzel

It’s been a while since I’ve been to Disneyland and even longer since I went to the enchanted tiki room, but…

Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room @ Magic Kingdom Full Show

KGxvi  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:56:01pm

I really wonder how different things are today if (a much less paranoid) Nixon won in 1960 rather than our current timeline

Barefoot Grin  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:56:07pm

re: #26 PhillyPretzel

Tikibirds?

Crows. Will Not. Replace. Us! ////

Dopamine Fish  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:57:44pm

re: #30 Barefoot Grin

Crows. Will Not. Replace. Us! ////

Quoth the raven, “Nevermore.”

GlutenFreeJesus  Nov 6, 2021 • 4:59:56pm

re: #29 KGxvi

Watchmen addressed this. ;)

Barefoot Grin  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:02:57pm

I prefer this live version to the official video on a musical level. Great stuff.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:04:45pm

a steampunk bird

Charles Johnson  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:09:17pm
KGxvi  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:13:50pm

re: #32 GlutenFreeJesus

Watchmen addressed this. ;)

Nah, in the comic, he was still elected in 1968. And I still think that 1960 broke Nixon more than anything

Charles Johnson  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:14:20pm
nines09  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:14:34pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:15:13pm

re: #31 Dopamine Fish

Quoth the raven, “Nevermore.”

retired cynic  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:19:53pm

Charlie Pierce’s end of the week:

Is it a good day for dinosaur news, UK News? It’s always a good day for dinosaur news!

Researchers report the unearthing of two almost complete skull fossils of the plant-eating dinosaur in Jameson Land, east Greenland. The new dinosaur species honours the local Inuit language - its scientific name Issi saaneq means ‘Cold Bone’. Previously mistaken for an already-existing species, Cold Bone lived during the late Triassic period approximately 214 million years ago when East Greenland was connected to Europe.

If a blues musician doesn’t scoop up “Cold Bone” as a stage name, this would be such a waste of obvious evidence that dinosaurs lived then to make us happy now.

I wanna hear some Cold Bone!

A hollow voice says Vaccinate the world!  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:20:30pm

re: #26 PhillyPretzel

Tikibirds?

Actually, it’s the tiki room. With talking, singing birds (animatronic).

KGxvi  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:21:04pm

Just upgraded to iOS 15 on my phone. Best update is that they moved the bar on safari to the bottom of the screen. Also, there’s now a map on weather which is fun… oh, and I can download a QR code for my vaccination records (California) to my wallet

PhillyPretzel  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:21:06pm

re: #41 A hollow voice says Vaccinate the world!

I saw them in FL quite few years ago.

A Three Hour Tour  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:21:38pm

re: #27 nines09

I was in Denver with my oldest boys family at a restaurant a while back.
She looked at me like ??? and not missing a beat my boy said “he means water”.
Oh.
I think I shall use agua. Bueno?

I’m not from Philly, but my daughter makes fun of my pronunciation of “water,” too.

I say “war- (as in military conflict) - ter.” She pronounces it “watt- (as in Reagan Era Interior Secretary James) - er.” In payback I used to make fun of her Appalachian-twanged pronunciation of kooshball. (“Koosh-bawl”)

Schoolmates used to insist that I pronounced “Washington” as “Worshington,” but I always heard myself saying ” Wah-shington. “

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:22:15pm

re: #29 KGxvi

Alt-history fans will certainly have played this one.

Though most alt-history types still like JFK winning, just not being assassinated.

The thing about Nixon being in office instead of JFK, that I think would be something needing study, is how Vietnam would have played out.

Would Nixon have been more cautious?

About the Cuban missile crisis: would it even have started if Nixon was in office?

I don’t think Nixon would have tried to thwart the Civil Rights movement. Though he was, like most white Americans, trained in bigotry as part of his society, AFAIK he was not building his political life on the fears about colored people. That later he turned to his “southern strategy” was evidence of the desperation of the him and the GOP at that time. But if he had been elected in 1960 I don’t know if he would even have gone down that route.

Barefoot Grin  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:22:38pm

re: #41 A hollow voice says Vaccinate the world!

Actually, it’s the tiki room. With talking, singing birds (animatronic).

Someone needs to make the talking bass in the claws of a talking eagle wall ornament.

sagehen  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:22:56pm

re: #29 KGxvi

Here’s something he ran on that year, and would have probably followed through with in office:

1960 - Nixon on Civil Rights

Backwoods_Sleuth  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:25:22pm
PhillyPretzel  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:26:03pm

re: #47 sagehen

And now I can understand how and why Arnold Schwarzenegger was taken with him.

KGxvi  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:27:13pm

re: #47 sagehen

I vaguely recall reading that the White House basically used Nixon as a legislative liaison for the civil rights acts in 1957 and 1960.

PhillyPretzel  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:28:04pm

That is a hoot.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:28:07pm

re: #47 sagehen

As I wrote, I think the “southern strategy” was just that, a coldly calculated strategy.

As was so much of Nixon.

I do wonder if we’d be better off today is Nixon had been elected. I’ve never been infatuated with JFK, seeing him as more a celebrity, like Trump but unlike Trump with at least some positive leadership skills.

Having his brother (RFK) so close to him in political office kind of was necessary in the era of Hoover, but also forbade some deep problems with keeping secrets.

JFK’s legacy is the space program, and perhaps the Peace Corps. But the first would have happened anyway, and the second one while positive could have been incarnated differently under Nixon.

Dopamine Fish  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:28:23pm

As good as Kennedy was in his brief time, an early Nixon might well have been better, if only to avoid the damage that paranoid later Nixon caused. Nixon was a very… interesting… figure in American politics. He did a lot of good and a lot of bad.

A hollow voice says Vaccinate the world!  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:29:04pm

re: #47 sagehen

Pretty words, but we know from his tapes that he was a horrible bigot, so how well he would have followed through remains a question.

Unanswerable, of course.

Charles Johnson  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:30:41pm
A hollow voice says Vaccinate the world!  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:32:55pm

re: #53 Dopamine Fish

And you have to keep a close eye on anyone who made his reputation from serving on HUAC.

No Malarkey!  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:33:12pm
KGxvi  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:34:36pm

Meanwhile, in Florida:

I mean this seems like a win all the way around

sagehen  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:36:09pm

re: #47 sagehen

more on 1960 Nixon and black voters:

He got more than 30% of the black vote that year; most of that was spillover of affection for Eisenhower, but still. It would have been more if. The South was still solidly Dixiecrat, Jim Crow, and northern black voters were gettable.

But.

In the summer of 1960, MLK Jr was in jail in New Orleans, having just lost a case (trespassing or breaking curfew or some other civil disobedience thing); he’d been sentenced to 60 or 90 days or something in a Louisiana prison, it looked like he was going to Parchman, and all his people were TERRIFIED that the warden would find a way to kill him.

So MLK Sr called both Nixon and JFK, begging for help. Please get him out. Please, they’re going to kill my son. Nixon’s campaign said it would be problematic for a sitting VP to pressure a State in that way. JFK used “I’m a Senator, your party’s nominee, do me this favor” with the Louisiana governor and it worked. MLK Jr was released. MLK Sr endorsed him. Michigan, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New York, had enough black voters that might have made the difference.

Dread Pirate Ron  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:36:36pm

re: #57 No Malarkey!

You wear a dick mask during sex to prevent AIDS.

Eclectic Cyborg  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:38:45pm

If Big Bird is in charge of vaccine outreach, can we put the Count in charge of election integrity?

Charles Johnson  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:39:29pm
Dopamine Fish  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:40:00pm

re: #61 Eclectic Cyborg

It would be a lot better than putting the Republicans in charge of it.

Sherlock Hound  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:41:16pm

re: #60 Dread Pirate Ron

You wear a dick mask during sex to prevent AIDS.

Tenpenny’s Dad didn’t wear a “dick mask”. Pity.

No Malarkey!  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:43:44pm
dat_said  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:47:33pm

re: #27 nines09

I was in Denver with my oldest boys family at a restaurant a while back.
She looked at me like ??? and not missing a beat my boy said “he means water”.
Oh.
I think I shall use agua. Bueno?

Stopped in a US fast food restaurant with an Aussie. He went to the counter to ask for (extra) ketchup and was handed a cup of coffee.

Dave In Austin  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:49:07pm
KGxvi  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:49:52pm

re: #60 Dread Pirate Ron

You wear a dick mask during sex to prevent AIDS.

Also, I was under the impression that when someone was immunocompromised due to AIDS that it was fairly standard to wear masks around them, so they don’t get something like pneumonia

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:51:52pm

re: #10 austin_blue

Did you max out your credit cards?

What are you going to do with 70,000 Twix bars?

Did I hear Twix bars? On sale? Mmmmmm!

Charles Johnson  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:52:39pm
Dopamine Fish  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:53:45pm

In a battle between a Muppet and an evil villain, we know who always wins: the evil villain.

(And yes, I know Sesame Street is not technically Muppets.)

Citizen K  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:54:43pm

re: #67 Dave In Austin

Y’all take a break….. This is pure sweetness. [Embedded content]

Video

Pretty sure that Paak and Mars have hit three straight home runs with this project so far. And I can’t help but love how unapologetically 70s Silk Sonic is.

nines09  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:55:26pm

Me in a hollar in eastern Kentucky many moon ago on a backwoods gas station with my bunky big rig.
“Ya’llins wanna poke wit dat?”

Do ya’ll have any idea what I’ms sayings to yas??

Backwoods_Sleuth  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:55:30pm
Dave In Austin  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:55:57pm

re: #72 Citizen K

Wife and I were just saying that.

Barefoot Grin  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:55:57pm

re: #67 Dave In Austin

Y’all take a break….. This is pure sweetness. [Embedded content]

Video

Oh shit. I just broke a rib laughing! If it’s not covered, you owe me.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:56:41pm
nines09  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:56:50pm

And Saturdays good news is Rush Limbaugh is still off drugs.
Tip the cup

Charles Johnson  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:57:59pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:59:30pm
PhillyPretzel  Nov 6, 2021 • 5:59:43pm

re: #78 nines09

Pardon me for saying this but I thought he was dead.

Dopamine Fish  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:01:19pm

re: #81 PhillyPretzel

Pardon me for saying this but I thought he was dead.

I am so happy to report that he is, in fact, super dead.

b.d. (The war is over)  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:04:10pm

re: #81 PhillyPretzel

Pardon me for saying this but I thought he was dead.

Let’s dig him up and confirm

Eventual Carrion  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:04:53pm

re: #83 b.d. (The war is over)

Let’s dig him up and confirm

I think you need a toxic cleanup permit for something like that.

jaunte  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:05:03pm
Rightwingconspirator  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:06:08pm
Charles Johnson  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:06:59pm
A Mom Anon  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:08:02pm

Big Bird is just Hillary in a costume…..

Barefoot Grin  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:08:44pm

Feathers lost, mange, some cigarette scars….

b.d. (The war is over)  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:08:46pm

re: #84 Eventual Carrion

I think you need a toxic cleanup permit for something like that.

FEDS DIG UP RUSH LIMBAUGH’S BODY AND DISCOVER
4 KILOS OF OXYCOTIN.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:09:26pm

re: #82 Dopamine Fish

I am so happy to report that he is, in fact, super dead.

the fjords refused to allow him to pine for them.

gwangung  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:09:27pm

I laughed my head off when I read this.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:10:34pm

re: #82 Dopamine Fish

I am so happy to report that he is, in fact, super dead.

The Wizard Of Oz _ She’s Really Most Sincerely Dead

Dopamine Fish  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:11:10pm

re: #92 gwangung

I laughed my head off when I read this.

I went over this headline with Mrs. Fish and she was like, “At first I was upset, but then you got to the punch line and I was like, umm, okay, I suppose that’s acceptable.”

Backwoods_Sleuth  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:13:07pm

uhhhhh

Backwoods_Sleuth  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:22:44pm
Dave In Austin  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:23:21pm
Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:33:08pm

re: #97 Dave In Austin

That’s the look you give when you’ve let a good one loose. Ahhhhhhhhhh! followed by a big dang smile.

No Malarkey!  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:36:07pm
PhillyPretzel  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:37:44pm

Well all the clocks that could be changed for Eastern Standard Time are and anything that has to be changed later will be done then. Please remember to adjust your clocks and have a good evening.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:40:14pm
dat_said  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:42:06pm

re: #99 No Malarkey!

Wonder if there will ever be the equivalent of the 1970’s TV rural purge when it comes to political reporting.

JOE 🥓  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:42:32pm
Eric The Fruit Bat  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:46:37pm

B&H had a sale on an Olympus OM-D E1 Mk III - so I jumped on that beastie. Even though it’s a 20 Megapixel, through their internal magic it can get to high as 60 megapixel in RAW format. It arrives Tuesday at the Fruit Bat lair. I also saw a Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm f/0.95 Lens for Micro Four Thirds Cameras at B&H.

Eclectic Cyborg  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:47:24pm

Who the fuck wants to start a new job SIXTY SECONDS after they get hired??

Cheechako  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:47:29pm

b.d. (The war is over)  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:48:34pm

re: #106 Cheechako

It’s fall forward and spring back, right?

Eclectic Cyborg  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:50:24pm

re: #103 JOE 🥓

jaunte  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:50:32pm

re: #107 b.d. (The war is over)

Just wait for the first call to ask why the hell weren’t you in the meeting.

Cheechako  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:52:56pm

re: #107 b.d. (The war is over)

It’s fall forward and spring back, right?

I’m not sure as it really doesn’t make a difference up here. Sunrise is after 8 AM and sunset is around 3 PM. Kids go to school in the dark and then come home in the dark.

Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:57:28pm

We’re living inside the Weekly World News.

b.d. (The war is over)  Nov 6, 2021 • 6:59:10pm

re: #110 Cheechako

I still laugh at the story of my brother at his deer lease. Trying to explain to those people that they didn’t need to change the timers on the feeders, that the deer didn’t do daylight saving time. How will the deer know when to show up? The deer are used to eating at 6 and now 6 is 5!

bratwurst  Nov 6, 2021 • 7:04:32pm

re: #106 Cheechako

I was just coming to the realization that I am officially old enough that I don’t even enjoy getting my extra hour of sleep back anymore because it’s such an annoying exercise on multiple levels…especially knowing we are not much more than 4 months from doing it again.

The Pie Overlord!  Nov 6, 2021 • 7:04:55pm

re: #112 Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo

We’re living inside the Weekly World News.

We can’t be inside the WWN. Bat Boy is not POTUS.

The GOP is a terrorist organization  Nov 6, 2021 • 7:19:14pm

re: #20 No Malarkey!

The Fifth Circuit is engaged in the practice of Calvinball, not jurisprudence.

It’s right-wing judicial activism.

Cheechako  Nov 6, 2021 • 7:21:58pm

re: #113 b.d. (The war is over)

Some time ago, Alaska was divided into 4 time zones. Made doing any type of business very difficult. The 4 time zones were then consolidated into one. The time in the new Alaska time zone was kept one hour behind Seattle as a large majority of business was conducted with companies in Seattle.

b.d. (The war is over)  Nov 6, 2021 • 7:26:08pm

re: #117 Cheechako

Some time ago, Alaska was divided into 4 time zones. Made doing any type of business very difficult. The 4 time zones were then consolidated into one. The time in the new Alaska time zone was kept one hour behind Seattle as a large majority of business was conducted companies in Seattle.

China has one time zone, see how easy this is?!

Cheechako  Nov 6, 2021 • 7:27:27pm

re: #118 b.d. (The war is over)

China has one time zone, see how easy this is?!

That’s what UTC is for.

Citizen K  Nov 6, 2021 • 7:30:11pm

re: #118 b.d. (The war is over)

China has one time zone, see how easy this is?!

Can you imagine the sun setting in the West Coast here around 1 or 2pm? Or alternatively, rising at 9 or 10am?

Colère Tueur de Lapin  Nov 6, 2021 • 7:33:20pm

re: #120 Citizen K

One time zone around the entire world. You’re programmed to think the 12:00 pm is when the sun is above your head. But it’s a stupid convention.

b.d. (The war is over)  Nov 6, 2021 • 7:34:19pm

re: #121 Colère Tueur de Lapin

We should have one metric clock.

KGxvi  Nov 6, 2021 • 7:36:50pm

re: #122 b.d. (The war is over)

We should have one metric clock.

Yes, let’s really fuck with the physicists by changing c

KGxvi  Nov 6, 2021 • 7:39:31pm

Actually, on second thought, it’d probably make it easier for them by just making c=3

plansbandc  Nov 6, 2021 • 7:39:47pm

I know it’s the POS Dowd, but how in the world can anyone compare the orange garbage pail’s administration to Biden’s?

Chaos and incompetence in Biden’s admin? Where exactly? I want lots of examples.

Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire  Nov 6, 2021 • 7:42:07pm

Night Lizards. No, you can’t Wife me. I”m spken fore

dat_said  Nov 6, 2021 • 7:54:19pm

re: #117 Cheechako

I grew up on the western edge of a time zone in a town with a blue law where the bars had to close at midnight on Saturday night (because otherwise they’d be serving alcohol on Sunday).

My folks would do last call in Bismarck, drive across the river for another last call in the heathen cowboy/railroad town of Mandan where it was okay to drink on Sunday as long as it was before 1am, and then they’d drive to Flasher just to have one more last call.

Time zones are fun.

Dread Pirate Ron  Nov 6, 2021 • 7:54:58pm
KGxvi  Nov 6, 2021 • 7:57:26pm

re: #128 Dread Pirate Ron

Metric Clock

We should make geometry metric too. Right angles are now 25 degrees

b.d. (The war is over)  Nov 6, 2021 • 7:57:42pm

re: #128 Dread Pirate Ron

Metric Clock

That is the “woke” line I will not cross.

KGxvi  Nov 6, 2021 • 7:58:17pm

re: #129 KGxvi

We should make geometry metric too. Right angles are now 25 degrees

Not sure how we fix pi though

darthstar  Nov 6, 2021 • 7:59:40pm

Annual on the mountain ski patrol refresher…it’s beginning to look a lot like Xmas…

Belafon  Nov 6, 2021 • 7:59:52pm
Jay C  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:01:07pm

re: #118 b.d. (The war is over)

China has one time zone, see how easy this is?!

And I think the old USSR “solved” the time-zone problem by simply keeping the whole country (eight time zones,I think) on Moscow time.

Belafon  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:01:08pm

re: #131 KGxvi

Not sure how we fix pi though

Pi should be 1 and all counting systems should be adjusted accordingly.

DodgerFan1988  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:02:45pm
EPR-radar  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:03:23pm

Pi should be 1 and all counting systems should be adjusted accordingly.

Nope. Integers are what they are, and pi is what it is relative to the integers.

Belafon  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:05:21pm

re: #137 EPR-radar

We only have integers because we have fingers.

Eclectic Cyborg  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:08:30pm

re: #131 KGxvi

Not sure how we fix pi though

30 seconds in the microwave and some ice cream on the side usually works for me.

Dread Pirate Ron  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:11:26pm
KGxvi  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:13:31pm

By the way, I think one of the things that would happen if the US switched to metric is we would still drive the rest of the world crazy by using decimeters and decameters for a lot of stuff

EstebanTornado1963  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:14:37pm
Dread Pirate Ron  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:15:41pm

re: #141 KGxvi

Why let a good unit of measure go to waste?

KGxvi  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:18:13pm

re: #143 Dread Pirate Ron

Why let a good unit of measure go to waste?

I do feel like the mm/cm/m/km standard does make for awkward measurements in short to intermediate lengths. Like saying someone is 1.74 meters tall or 174 centimeters is strange, but 17.4 decimeters? That seems easier to grasp. Same with the jump from meter to kilometer

EPR-radar  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:18:18pm

We only have integers because we have fingers.

Not really. This is an example of how math differs from physics. A physical unit, like the foot, is a unit of length, and one can choose at will more or less convenient units for length.

In math, 1 is the unique number for which 1*a = a for all a. 0 is the unique number for which 0 + a = a for all a. The (positive) integers are obtained by starting at 0 and successively adding 1. There is no choice in any of this like there is with a physical unit.

KGxvi  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:21:38pm

Also, I don’t care what anyone says, F is a better measurement for air temperature while C is better for water

Belafon  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:21:54pm

re: #145 EPR-radar

I know. I was having a little fun.

The flip side though is to think about a number system with pi as its base value.

Also, i am trying to think about the aleph 2 number system, and how one might perform operations in it.

retired cynic  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:26:21pm

I wouldn’t have come to this party if I’d known there was going to be MATH!

Citizen K  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:27:52pm
EPR-radar  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:28:13pm

re: #146 KGxvi

The issue with C as a practical air temperature unit is that a degree C is about 2x too large for that.

EPR-radar  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:32:47pm

re: #149 Citizen K

These moms make no sense because they are bigot-friendly people looking for an excuse, any excuse, to vote Republican.

Belafon  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:37:56pm

re: #150 EPR-radar

Exactly 1.8x too large.

KGxvi  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:40:59pm

By the way… why does Virginia not allow governors to run for re-election?

plansbandc  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:43:56pm

Tried to watch a terrible new romcom. Couldn’t do it. :D

Eric The Fruit Bat  Nov 6, 2021 • 8:49:03pm

Funimation released the live action “Attack on Titan”, and it looks mighty fine.

Belafon  Nov 6, 2021 • 9:04:38pm

Related to the video at the top: does anyone else remember that “butter your muffin” was a euphamism?

Rightwingconspirator  Nov 6, 2021 • 9:35:51pm

re: #121 Colère Tueur de Lapin

Why not go all the way? Instead of Daylight Savings hour, how about we synch noon to High Noon? Let the clock adjust the same as we do. No matter where you go noon is top of the arc of the sun.

Belafon  Nov 6, 2021 • 9:39:35pm

re: #157 Rightwingconspirator

To what precision? One second so there are 24*60*60=86400 zones?

Rightwingconspirator  Nov 6, 2021 • 9:41:36pm

To what precision? One second so there are 24*60*60=86400 zones?

Sorry that one needed a sarc tag.

Rightwingconspirator  Nov 6, 2021 • 9:45:26pm

Lol imagine how your clock would adjust on a flight west or east. It would speed up one way and slow the other.

JOE 🥓  Nov 6, 2021 • 9:46:55pm

Drag-U-La From “The Munsters” Is For Sale

silodrome.com

Drag-U-La was built using a real fiberglass coffin mounted to tubular steel, front-engined dragster chassis.

The car was fully functional and made numerous runs (and you can see in the footage below), apparently when it was built it had 350 hp and a very low curb weight, so 1/4 mile times were likely decent.

Drag-U-La first featured in the TV show, it was then used again in the 1966 movie “Munsters, Go Home!”

In all, Barris Kustom built five examples of Drag-U-La, the car you see here was the final one made.

Jay C  Nov 6, 2021 • 9:54:06pm

re: #157 Rightwingconspirator

That was exactly how “local time” was observed before the establishment of Standard Time (time zones): 1883 in the US. Each locality would keep its own time, usually keyed to local “High Noon”. Which was OK in an age when most folks never traveled a lot, and when they did, a 40-mph express train was the fastest mode of transport. The railroads were the first to push for Standard Time (since it made their scheduling much easier), so of course, Big Business being what it is, time zones were in…..

Dave In Austin  Nov 6, 2021 • 10:10:37pm
JOE 🥓  Nov 6, 2021 • 10:42:18pm
JC1  Nov 6, 2021 • 10:53:44pm

re: #150 EPR-radar

You don’t have to use whole degrees…

JOE 🥓  Nov 6, 2021 • 11:02:13pm
Dread Pirate Ron  Nov 6, 2021 • 11:50:01pm

gan*ja
/ˈɡanjə,ˈɡänjə/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: ganja

marijuana.

Dread Pirate Ron  Nov 6, 2021 • 11:51:03pm

Meta

GlutenFreeJesus  Nov 6, 2021 • 11:19:08pm

re: #161 JOE 🥓

That’s funny. Munsters Go Home! was on Svengoolie tonight.

ericblair  Nov 6, 2021 • 11:29:34pm

The Guardian has a lot of weird takes on US politics, but this is absolutely bang-on. The fact that nobody had any idea what was in the infrastructure bill or BBB isn’t the fault of Democrats: it’s the media who have completely failed in what they say is their job.

ericblair  Nov 7, 2021 • 1:04:59am
mmmirele  Nov 7, 2021 • 1:25:19am

re: #118 b.d. (The war is over)

China has one time zone, see how easy this is?!

India has one time zone too, and it’s not on the hour, but on the half hour. It’s 12.5 hours ahead of Mythical Standard Time.

Dread Pirate Ron  Nov 7, 2021 • 1:49:48am

Bummer.

Dread Pirate Ron  Nov 7, 2021 • 1:53:17am
Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Nov 7, 2021 • 3:32:15am

re: #2 JOE 🥓

Hello, Your Honor!

These people don’t retreat, they reload.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Nov 7, 2021 • 3:32:44am

Two favorite things for this Sunday morning - choral music and amazing sea creatures:

Arvo Pärt: Da Pacem (full album)

The Squire of Logos  Nov 7, 2021 • 3:33:52am

Pretty much works with the ‘r’ too.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Nov 7, 2021 • 3:37:18am

re: #45 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

National Lampoon did an entire issue dedicated to what it would have been like had JFK not been assassinated.

“Young people showing increased interest in Western Religions”

“Latest Bob Dylan album featuring Yes, it’d Me, Babe and Highway 61 Repaved.”

“Thousands of students join pro-Vietnam War protest”

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Nov 7, 2021 • 3:40:14am

re: #115 The Pie Overlord!

We can’t be inside the WWN. Bat Boy is not POTUS.

He is, but the Deep State and the Lügenpresse won’t tell you that…

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Nov 7, 2021 • 3:43:50am

re: #157 Rightwingconspirator

Yes, and that can have an effect depending on which border of the time zone you live closest to, there can be over an hour’s difference between sunrise and sunset depending on whether you live in Pecos TX or Chicago IL.

Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire  Nov 7, 2021 • 4:01:10am

DST is so F-ed up. My body/mind say it’s 4:00 A.M. but the clock says 5.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Nov 7, 2021 • 4:02:30am

re: #181 Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire

DST is so F-ed up. My body/mind say it’s 4:00 A.M. but the clock says 5.

If you say “spring forward, fall back” three times into a mirror, a grumpy old man in sweatpants will appear and tell you all the things he hates about DST

Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire  Nov 7, 2021 • 4:08:55am

I don’t need a grumpy old man to tell me. I have a list of my own reasons to hate this shit. Starting with waking up a F-ing hour early. Hell, even Minnie is smart enough to stay in bed. Then again, she can sleep almost anywhere and any time she wants. :-)

steve_davis  Nov 7, 2021 • 4:12:02am

re: #106 Cheechako

:-) one doesn’t get a masters in electronic engineering. One gets an associates degree in it. Just had to point that out before someone with an electrical engineering degree bit through their pillow.

jeffreyw  Nov 7, 2021 • 4:12:12am

Good morning!

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Nov 7, 2021 • 4:12:16am

re: #183 Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire

I grew up in Arizona, where they do not change clocks.

But even then, this leads to complications. The Navajo Reservation, which extends into Colorado and New Mexico, does change its clocks.

The Hopi Reservation, completely surrounded by Navajo land, does not.

So in the summer months, you can drive from Flagstaff, AZ to Gallup, NM by way of Tuba City and have to change clocks four times.

Barefoot Grin  Nov 7, 2021 • 4:33:25am

re: #185 jeffreyw

Good morning!

I had sausage gravy and buscuits, too. No egg, though. That would have been too much.

steve_davis  Nov 7, 2021 • 4:43:24am

We only have integers because we have fingers.

Explains why my cat calculates using the value of paw.

jeffreyw  Nov 7, 2021 • 4:43:52am

re: #187 Barefoot Grin

Too much is never enough. Or something.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Nov 7, 2021 • 4:49:11am

re: #187 Barefoot Grin

hash browns and eggs. wanted to add chorizo but it had gone off

Dangerman  Nov 7, 2021 • 5:38:33am

Belafon  Nov 7, 2021 • 6:04:30am

Here’s your media test:

Track what the media reports. If you hear about this, especially if the reporting is straight, great. If it doesn’t get reported, or turns into something like “why couldn’t the Democrats get more?” Or “This won’t help many people” then you have your documented proof of their bias.

Belafon  Nov 7, 2021 • 6:11:51am
Belafon  Nov 7, 2021 • 6:13:01am
ericblair  Nov 7, 2021 • 6:16:21am

NYT: prints deceptive pro-GOP bullshit
NYT: prints deceptive pro-GOP bullshit
NYT: prints deceptive pro-GOP bullshit
NYT: prints deceptive pro-GOP bullshit
NYT: prints deceptive pro-GOP bullshit
NYT: prints opinion piece scratching head about why people believe a bunch of deceptive pro-GOP bullshit

Eventual Carrion  Nov 7, 2021 • 6:25:18am

re: #189 jeffreyw

Too much is never enough. Or something.

I take moderation to the extreme.

A hollow voice says Vaccinate the world!  Nov 7, 2021 • 6:28:42am

re: #185 jeffreyw

Good morning!

Western good morning!

Dangerman  Nov 7, 2021 • 6:30:10am

Guess they all failed the “Chain of Command” class

But not booted out. they all quit.
How is washing out newsworthy?
Sure props for personal responsibility
But they obviously couldn’t handle the concept of the military

Amory Blaine  Nov 7, 2021 • 6:32:47am

Why is the rural/urban ” divide” bad? It clearly shows where people’s priorities lie.

A hollow voice says Vaccinate the world!  Nov 7, 2021 • 6:35:06am

By this summer, only about three dozen of 4,500 West Point cadets had refused to get vaccinated.

Three of these cadets, who decided to drop out instead of getting the shot, appeared on Hannity tonight.

Doesn’t that mean they have to pay back the cost of their West Point education?

The Pie Overlord!  Nov 7, 2021 • 6:35:33am

re: #172 mmmirele

I thought India allowed every town with a railroad station to set its own time zone.

Dangerman  Nov 7, 2021 • 6:36:53am
Amory Blaine  Nov 7, 2021 • 6:38:01am

re: #201 The Pie Overlord!

I agree with this. I prefer the dim glow of Alpha Centauri to guide my days.

PhillyPretzel  Nov 7, 2021 • 6:39:27am

re: #202 Dangerman

Yay! Maybe some of the roads will get fixed in Philly.

Dangerman  Nov 7, 2021 • 6:41:20am

Sloth week

Amory Blaine  Nov 7, 2021 • 6:58:29am

Urban voters can be energized to vote against rural areas. Discounting the illusions of every Cletus safari, this has not been the case. Dems have never gone to war against welfare farmers as far as I remember.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Nov 7, 2021 • 7:03:57am

Here’s your media test:

Not to mention endless reports on apparent Government waste and (Democratic) cronyism…

And endless interviews with Cracker-barrel Cletuses explaining how they have been somehow excluded from it due to their race or political affiliation.

I Would Prefer Not To  Nov 7, 2021 • 7:07:39am

re: #206 Amory Blaine

That’s why the first Presidential primary (caucus) is in Iowa. If you don’t kiss farmer ass, you can’t be POTUS.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Nov 7, 2021 • 7:10:57am

re: #208 I Would Prefer Not To

and nowadays that means ethanol subsidies

gwangung  Nov 7, 2021 • 7:12:59am

re: #206 Amory Blaine

Dems need a good counter on the culture war; the Repubs are good at punching emotional buttons and that HAS to be countered on an emotional level—-and it’s not talking about the goodies in the bills.

Culture war is ultimately worries about the American way of life and if it’s going to go away. That’s an emotional argument. Counters have to be on that emotional level. Dunno what it is (maybe if POCs say, “Well, are you going to erase ME?”), but it has to be a gut level counter.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Nov 7, 2021 • 7:16:24am

re: #210 gwangung

And the GOP has launched a successful counter-offensive on that front. They know how important it is to get their people in at basic levels: school boards, administration, the military, sports, etc.

They have been less successful (or rather entirely a flop) at influencing popular culture (outside of commercial country music) which they have then gone on to demonize as un-American, ((cosmopolitan)) and heathen.

A Cranky One  Nov 7, 2021 • 7:29:41am

nines09  Nov 7, 2021 • 7:36:25am

re: #204 PhillyPretzel

Yay! Maybe some of the roads will get fixed in Philly.

My daughter lives in Philly Center City and part of one of the sidewalks she walks on is so busted up she twisted her ankle and strained it Friday.
She said she wasn’t paying attention.
I suggested she pay attention.

A Mom Anon  Nov 7, 2021 • 7:44:39am

re: #211 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

And they have been doing this since the 1970s at least. Why Democrats haven’t taken this seriously I have no idea. And now it’s going to be a mammoth task to undo those decades of damage. We have made some progress, but school boards, mayors, local and state level offices need more democrats and better voter turnout. Especially in off election years. In a red state this is both difficult and even scary.

And now, GA Sec of State is on msnbc saying shit about Stacey Abrams. Talking shit and indirectly calling her a liar. And of course promoting his book. Sigh. Jonathan Capehart is pushing back, but JFC.

ericblair  Nov 7, 2021 • 7:57:40am

re: #214 A Mom Anon

Dems did really well in GA local races. This is another thing that gets memory holed by the press. I donate to Fair Fight in the off years, like now, where the money probably does the most good.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:05:01am
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:11:30am

hi

The Nebraska Secretary of State Office has released the information for filing for elected office.

The forms will be released in December. A candidate information handbook is now available.

Filing for office opens on January 5, 2022. After long heart-to-heart talks with my wife, she’s decided I really want to do this and she will support me.

As such, I am going to file to run for the Unicameral against my state senator Steve Erdman for District 47. The filing fee is $120.

What I need to do between now and January 5 is figure out things like a campaign Website, sign up for social media accounts (ugh), get with the local newspaper/print shop for signs and such, figure out how to get on Act Blue, &c.

It sounds like I need a campaign manager.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:12:43am
calochortus  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:13:22am

re: #217 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

It sounds like I need a campaign manager.

Your lovely wife?

PhillyPretzel  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:14:32am

re: #217 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

Good Luck and I hope you win big. :)

Citizen K  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:14:37am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:14:55am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:16:43am
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:18:28am

re: #219 calochortus

Your lovely wife?

She was the campaign treasurer for a Libertarian Party candidate several years ago for a US House candidate.

She also runs a Webhosting service, so in theory she could help set up a campaign Website, though I’m not sure how my wife’s service might impact things such as election law (it might be better to go with an outside Webhost just to make sure I don’t run crosswise with the FEC and avoid the appearance of paying my wife for campaign services).

Eclectic Cyborg  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:21:18am

re: #217 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

The deck is stacked against you but I hope you can give ‘em a good fight.

Citizen K  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:22:16am

The news continues to take thinly veiled GOP astroturf and keeps trying to pretend it’s a vibrant garden.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:22:57am

re: #220 PhillyPretzel

Good Luck and I hope you win big. :)

Thanks!

I’m going to try to get in contact with Sen. Megan Hunt’s campaign for tips on how she managed to turn her underdog campaign into a victory. I’m not sure an Omaha candidate’s tips can help me out in the Panhandle, but I’m hoping for support.

jaunte  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:24:25am
A Mom Anon  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:25:24am

re: #215 ericblair

Thank you!! It’s good we’re making inroads here. A lot of what we are up against in Georgia is just pure hate for anything the GOP labels as “liberal”. Because of the constant undertone and direct in your face hatred and anger, you do not see many democrats knocking on doors or doing town halls in areas that are firmly red. It’s worse now than it has been. I never saw pickup trucks driving around with flags on flag poles in the truck bed before the last couple of years.

I do not know how we get past this but somehow we have to.

Hecuba's daughter  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:26:57am

re: #170 ericblair

The media has been failing in this job forever. I’ve mentioned this story before but in the 1986 Illinois primary elections, the MSM failed to inform voters that some of the candidates running in the Democratic primaries were not Democrats but members of the Larouche cult, out to undermine the party. Two of them won the nomination because enough voters voted against the standard bearer for those positions, without knowing who these alternatives were. I did not support those recommended by the party, but did not vote for the Larouchie candidates because I had learned from bitter past personal experience never to make a protest vote since the protest candidate might actually win and if you don’t know who the person is, it is dangerous to vote for them.

I Would Prefer Not To  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:28:17am

re: #217 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

hi

It sounds like I need a campaign manager.

I will donate to your campaign when the time comes.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:35:19am

re: #229 A Mom Anon

I do not know how we get past this but somehow we have to.

According to FiveThrityEight, this is the most right-wing US House district in the country. Nevertheless, I’m pretty well-known around here as an all-around nice guy (pay my taxes, mow my lawn, tip grocery store baggers, care about others, &c). It’s not a secret here that I’m a Democratic Socialist and still was elected to my village board twice (it was the atheist thing that killed being reëlected).

Especially in local elections, candidates who are well-known who do not fit the GQP casting of liberals as “evil” or “anti-American” helps.

In the elections I won in a town where everyone knows me, no one could cast me as anti-patriotic, hating the military, &c.

The biggest problem for Democrats seems to be convincing people who are just plain nice folks to run for office, even in extremely conservative areas. Too many people seem to think that’s the job of someone else.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:38:13am

re: #231 I Would Prefer Not To

I will donate to your campaign when the time comes.

Thanks.

I’m not sure that Mr. Johnson wants his Website turned into a platform to plump for campaign dollars though.

Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:42:12am

Facebook

Make this son of a bitch famous!

Shithead’s own page
I Would Prefer Not To  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:46:29am

re: #233 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

Thanks.

Don’t care. Also, did you mean pimp? Also, also, I and many others have posted how we donated to candidates we didn’t even know.

Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:50:21am

re: #234 Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo

You might think that this terrorist shill’s friends list would be a useful source of networking intel. Alas, he only has one actual person as a friend and, guess what, that friend is a devoted anti-vax, anti-masker who is financially involved in the supplement biz. Amazing how often this correlation shows up. Scratch a plague rat, find a snake oiler, with a Nazi underneath that.

Belafon  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:51:08am

re: #214 A Mom Anon

What’s the effective counter to “Democrats love those n——-s, sluts, and those men violating the Bible by sleeping together” when the Civil Rights Act is used as proof they don’t love whites?

Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo  Nov 7, 2021 • 8:56:39am

Political dad joke:

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Nov 7, 2021 • 9:00:27am

re: #235 I Would Prefer Not To

Plump also means to support or promote. In that sense, “pimp” would also work.

Saying you donated to a candidate you didn’t know is different from allowing a candidate to promote him- or herself on your platform.

If Mr. Johnson forbade me from plumping (promoting) my candidacy for the Nebraska Legislature, I would not be upset by that (he runs LGF, not me, and I would fully understand if he doesn’t want his Website turned into a campaign proxy).

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Nov 7, 2021 • 9:02:20am

Nebraska’s slogan: Equality Before The Law.

jaunte  Nov 7, 2021 • 9:03:56am
KGxvi  Nov 7, 2021 • 9:06:18am

There’s a portion of the population you’ll never win over. I’d guess there’s probably 30-40% on each side that will never vote for the other side. That leaves 20-40% that might be convinced. And I think the best answer to you question is “yeah, and? Why do you, a freedom loving Republican care how other people live their lives?” Put the burden on them to explain their (for lack of a better word) hate, the more they have to explain the more support they lose

Rightwingconspirator  Nov 7, 2021 • 9:08:13am

re: #238 Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo

Did they make him look at every lamp, chair, and table first?

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Nov 7, 2021 • 9:10:50am

re: #242 KGxvi

As President Reagan put it: When you’re explaining, you’re losing.

KGxvi  Nov 7, 2021 • 9:10:55am

I’m not a liberal, but for the record:

It’s not that I don’t care about open borders, it’s that I support actual open borders. Inflation is basically within historical norms so it’s not a problem (but even if it was, it would be a good thing for my $35k in student loan debt). Multiple citations needed on the sexual assault bit. Afghanistan has been a disaster since we decided not to do nation building in 2003, so 18 years later we made the least terrible choice. Vaccine mandates are entirely within the traditional state police powers, it’s not tyrannical to impose them.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Nov 7, 2021 • 9:14:45am
A Mom Anon  Nov 7, 2021 • 9:17:11am

re: #232 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

I think there’s a certain level of fear involved too. I have considered(until my health has made it difficult and we’re looking to leave GA)running for school board or a local office and a huge consideration is literal death threats and harassment. I know I should be more fearless and active on this, but I physically cannot do it right now. I also have a family that would be targeted. With my husband still not being well and an adult kid on the autism spectrum, I am not sure how to swing all that comes with a campaign in a hostile place. I have zero friends here, all mine went totally right wing loony after Obama was elected both times. And when I say all, I mean ALL. Which makes me a shit judge of character. So I try to talk my son’s friends into voting Democratic.

My husband is in Florida right now (he’s had his three Pfizer shots and a negative test before he left). His parents got him tickets to the dolphins game today and a concert tonight as a late birthday gift. He should be back Tuesday. He called me yesterday to talk to his right wing buddy who is going to the game with him today. The topic was why gas prices aren’t Joe Biden’s fault. This guy is a veteran who served in the first Iraq war before the current mess we’re getting out of. You’d think 6 years there would have made some stuff clear, but it obviously didn’t. I may have made a point, not sure. He seemed like he got it, but it won’t change his voting habits. I gave it a whirl, that’s all a human can do. It also seems that some asshole hired a plane with a banner saying Let’s Go Brandon over the stadium before the game starts. Sigh.

wrenchwench  Nov 7, 2021 • 9:20:50am

I believe they’ve finally proven that I think, therefore I am.

PhillyPretzel  Nov 7, 2021 • 9:24:17am

re: #248 wrenchwench

René Descartes had it way before them.
en.wikipedia.org

Cogito Ergo Sum

Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo  Nov 7, 2021 • 9:26:19am

‘They said they’re out of money’ Texas Judge talks about Texas Rent Relief closing their application

LUBBOCK, Texas — A pink notification placed on the Texas Rent Relief’s website states that the program has received more requests than they have funds. This forces the program to set an application deadline for November 5, 2021.

Lubbock County Judge Jim Hansen said the abrupt notice caught him and many of his colleagues off guard.

“Now they end the program with no notice,” Judge Hansen said, “which is most shocking and surprising to me, because nobody in the state of Texas knows this.”

The program provides funds for landlords and tenants behind in rent and utility payments to avoid eviction due to the pandemic. The program has cut checks to over 174,000 Texans since February and provided close to $1 billion in financial relief.

sagehen  Nov 7, 2021 • 9:32:08am

re: #217 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

hi

It sounds like I need a campaign manager.

Here’s a website that may help direct you to what and who you need:

runforsomething.net

Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo  Nov 7, 2021 • 9:40:34am

Hadn’t thought of this but it’s a pretty good connection.

Rightwingconspirator  Nov 7, 2021 • 9:42:22am

re: #248 wrenchwench

I believe they’ve finally proven that I think, therefore I am.

So in a way we all wear our hearts on our sleeves.

nines09  Nov 7, 2021 • 9:51:17am
Rightwingconspirator  Nov 7, 2021 • 9:53:20am

re: #252 Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo

My comparison was Bigfoot but this is better

No Malarkey!  Nov 7, 2021 • 9:58:29am
No Malarkey!  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:02:48am

Last weekend I really put my booster shot to the test. My son has joined the school bowling team. Last weekend was the first meet, and the alley was jam packed with people, a lot of them unmasked. I kept my mask on, and so far, no symptoms!

gocart mozart  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:05:08am
Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:13:21am

A year ago today, I posted this charming photo of an adorable kitten trying to help with outdoor pest control.

Hecuba's daughter  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:13:51am

re: #258 gocart mozart

So did Caleb photoshop the fake tweet on his own or did he copy it from elsewhere?

Belafon  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:14:18am

re: #258 gocart mozart

I’m pretty sure Oscar got hacked.

b.d. (The war is over)  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:16:20am

I’m pretty sure Oscar got hacked.

Oscar is a critical thinker who did his own research.

Eclectic Cyborg  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:17:35am

I’m pretty sure Oscar got hacked.

Well if there was a guy on Sesame Street most likely to be conservative…

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:18:07am

I’m pretty sure Oscar got hacked.

I’m pretty sure it’s a fake. Look at the font. I didn’t count characters but it looks long.

Hecuba's daughter  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:19:03am

Oscar’s real tweet:

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:19:27am

This is Oscar’s account.

Hecuba's daughter  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:21:02am

re: #266 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

This is Oscar’s account.

GMTA!! Beat you by 24 seconds!

sagehen  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:23:07am

re: #259 Shiplord Kirel: Fan of USPS, Goodyear, and Oreo

But if we clap hard enough, she’ll come back to life.

plansbandc  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:23:53am

re: #212 A Cranky One

Me too.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:23:55am
Belafon  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:24:08am

re: #265 Hecuba’s daughter

Oscar’s real tweet:

re: #266 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

This is Oscar’s account.

Thanks. If I wasn’t at work, I would have done that check.

Eclectic Cyborg  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:24:43am
PhillyPretzel  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:25:01am

I will put my $ on Big Bird.

Belafon  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:25:45am

re: #264 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

274 characters.

sagehen  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:29:19am

re: #272 Eclectic Cyborg

On MSNBC tonight, Four Seasons Total Documentary.

Four Seasons Total Documentary | Official Trailer

The Pie Overlord!  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:29:20am
Eclectic Cyborg  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:32:26am

Backwoods_Sleuth  Nov 7, 2021 • 10:34:39am

Last updated: 2021-06-05 2:51 pm PDT

Cash.app Shop at amazon
Recent ImagesJust a handful of recent images. Hopefully you'll enjoy them.
William Lewis
1 hour, 1 minute ago
Tweets: 1 •
Platinum- & Gold-Awarded Canadian Producer & Singer/Songwriter Peter Karroll Releases “Coming Home” for the Vets Inspired by his father’s experiences in WWII, and dedicated to those who fought alongside him for freedom, Platinum- and Gold-awarded Canadian producer, writer, and singer/songwriter Peter Karroll releases the poignant new song, “Coming Home” — available now. The title ...
ericalper2021
20 hours ago
Views: 1,628 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Tweets: 0 •
Toronto Folk Rockers the Honeyrunners Ask “What Are You Scared Of?” in New Single Toronto folk rockers The Honeyrunners set the scene ablaze, asking “What Are You Scared Of?” with the release of their new single and debut LP, Everything Is On Fire — available now via Gypsy Soul Records / Warner Music ...
ericalper2021
Views: 1,767 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Tweets: 0 •
Folk-Rockers the ALL CANADIAN SOUNDCLASH Releases Blistering “She Won’t Play Your Game” Folk-rock outfit The All Canadian Soundclash brings the heat with their blistering new single “She Won’t Play Your Game” — available now. The first single from the debut album, Better Late Than Never, the song is an uptempo number ...
ericalper2021
Views: 2,071 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Tweets: 0 •
Carlo Capobianco Worships at the Altar of Love in Sultry “Pray to You” Canadian pop singer/songwriter Carlo Capobianco is down on his knees, worshiping at the altar of an amorous lust so intense, it’s inspired a new single in “Pray To You” — available now. “This song was a concept I had ...
ericalper2021
21 hours, 1 minute ago
Views: 1,562 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Tweets: 0 •
ADLR Releases Latest EP ‘Very Sophisticated’ Multi-instrumentalist, singer, and Electronic musician ADLR releases his latest EP ‘Very Sophisticated’. mixed, produced and mastered by ADLR, the dynamic four-track EP spans genres, focusing on French House, NU-Disco and Indietronica with the lead single ‘Won’t Let This One ...
AliceSmith21
Tweets: 0 •
Banned & Outlawed Deliver Downhome Ode to the Genre in “Real Country Song” Three chords and the truth.’ That’s what they say country music is built on... And for multi-award nominated Hazelridge, Manitoba’s Banned & Outlawed — and their latest single, “Real Country Song” — that sentiment is absolute fact. With country ...
ericalper2021
Views: 2,160 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Tweets: 0 •
Haley K Turner Releases Hanukkah Song Dedicated to Adam Sandler Canadian singer-songwriter Haley K Turner is releasing the most unanticipated original holiday song in the last 25 years. Inspired by a recent plea from Adam Sandler for “someone out there” to write a new Hanukkah song, Haley created one ...
ericalper2021
Views: 2,293 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
Tweets: 0 •
Top Three Images of the Past YearAt least, I think so right now... ;) Ask me tomorrow for probably 7 others. Thanks for looking!
William Lewis
Tweets: 1 •
Sunshine Coast, BC’s Ron Kalmakoff Pays Ode & Urgency to the Planet in “Mother Nature” Whether you believe it or not, climate change is real, global warming is real, and our planet is in crisis. Canadian singer-songwriter Ron Kalmakoff addresses the urgent need for action in the face of this emergency with the release ...
ericalper2021