Colbert: QAnon Fans Doubt Their Faith After Nothing Happens in November; Dr. Oz Is Running for Office

YouTube

Stephen reopens The Q Files to check on QAnon followers whose faith was shaken after a string of false predictions failed to materialize in November. In Pennsylvania, a man known for his work as a syndicated TV doctor launched his campaign for a U.S. Senate seat. #Colbert #Comedy #Monologue

No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 10:47:34am

The twelve states where abortion will be automatically banned, with a few exceptions, when the Court reverses Roe. yahoo.com

Belafon  Dec 1, 2021 • 10:54:30am

re: #443 Citizen K

Thing is, 74mil+ voted FOR Trump. And we’re seeing just how fickle any kind of support that we can get can be, especially when the media has calcified their narrative so hard and so thoroughly to ‘Biden is the greatest historical failure in the history of ever, why don’t you hate him enough yet?!’ And unless this is the thing that breaks through their haze of GOP slobbering, we’re still going to run into the issue of the margins. Remember, a rather sizable majority of white women vote for exactly this shit, exactly what Trump offered, exactly what the Supremes are dishing out right now. And as made so painfully, painfully clear, the only hopes Dems have are pushing inroads and peeling off enough white votes to make up for the GOP’s structural and institutional advantages.
I hope there’s enough. But I’ve long stopped discounting the power of the overwhelming narrative and reflexive racism to hope too much.

I’m not hoping.

I have often joked that if you want to understand the way my mind works, you should read The Martian. His character would face a crushing setback, he would panic for a bit, and then get to work solving it. It’s not hope. It’s moving to solve a problem. We have a problem to solve.

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 1, 2021 • 10:54:36am

re: #1 No Malarkey!

I live in one of those states, which also borders two of the others.

Belafon  Dec 1, 2021 • 10:57:44am
No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 10:58:18am

re: #3 Eclectic Cyborg

I live in one of those states, which also borders two of the others.

As do I. And it won’t be long until almost all of the other states around Kentucky have banned abortion as well. Not a problem for the rich, but poor women will have to come up with the funds to travel to someplace like Chicago to get an abortion.

Dopamine Fish  Dec 1, 2021 • 10:59:54am

Forget how the Supreme Court looks in light of this. If the Constitution is a purely political document, to be challenged and interpreted only when the political winds blow your way, then what is American democracy anymore? Can we, as a country, survive when every single government institution becomes nothing more than a political vessel to enforce one’s will, regardless of whether one’s views are in the majority?

Belafon  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:00:39am

I see a bunch of music videos being promoted by people who don’t comment here, along with goofy page titles.

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:05:02am

re: #5 No Malarkey!

That is the future conservatives want.

Also guns. Lots of guns.

Dopamine Fish  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:05:37am
Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:05:45am

Most under the same username as well.

Dopamine Fish  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:06:18am

re: #10 Eclectic Cyborg

Most under the same username as well.

We had a pseudo-bot here a while back, I wonder if it’s the same person. Charles said he’d let it be as long as they weren’t obnoxious about it.

The Pie Overlord!  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:07:14am

re: #11 Dopamine Fish

Downdings will disappear them

Jay C  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:07:20am

Yeah: I thought they were clickbait ads at first (and so, ignored them), but then I realized I shouldn’t be seeing ads (subscription).

Citizen K  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:08:02am
No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:09:05am

re: #6 Dopamine Fish

Well, if you fix the laws so that the majority win elections and can govern, its still a democracy. Unfortunately, not all the Democrats in Congress recognize how fragile our democracy is right now.

Belafon  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:09:20am

re: #14 Citizen K

Her uterus won’t be affected by the Supreme Court.

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:09:26am
darthstar  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:10:54am

re: #13 Jay C

Pussy Still Pop! sounds like it might be a holiday themed song…I hardly look at the recent pages bar…it’s all music videos.

Dopamine Fish  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:11:13am

These people basically believe in the concept of the “old soul” - without calling it that, because that’s humanist hippie devil talk - but that’s what drives their belief that the fetus is a person with rights (but no responsibilities, because itty bitty beebee). They adhere to a twisted interpretation of one verse from the book of Jeremiah that makes them think that God creates every embryo, from scratch, with a soul and a divine plan for that soul.

lawhawk  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:13:19am

And we know they don’t give a shit about a fetus the moment it is delivered. The GOP and right wingers have tried to kill Obamacare, health care reform, expanding health care and access to care for children, SNAP, housing assistance, and mental health coverage for children.

They care only about controlling women, and there’s no more powerful means than forcing women to carry to term, even when the fetus is the result of rape or incest, or if it poses a medical threat to the mother.

Citizen K  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:13:40am

re: #15 No Malarkey!

And of course, so many want to blame all Democrats and scream ‘a pox on your house and your house alone!!’, laying it all on their feat and claiming ‘rotating villain’ while absolving the GOP of any agency whatsoever.

darthstar  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:14:15am

Belafon  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:14:43am

re: #21 Citizen K

And if every Democrat recognized it, we couldn’t change that anyway with the current structure of the country.

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:14:54am
lawhawk  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:15:08am

re: #22 darthstar

The spice must flow.

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:16:04am

Please note: Democratic leaders refused to even bring a bill to expand the court to a vote.

Dopamine Fish  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:16:59am

Something something “tradition”, if I remember correctly. The same thing that was said about the filibuster. But that’s okay; McConnell said the Republicans are willing to negotiate in good faith, and McConnell is an honorable man.

No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:17:05am

re: #21 Citizen K

Exactly. All of the Republicans, even the “good” ones like Cheney and Kinzinger, are the problem, and the only solution is electing enough Democrats to get shit done. If people get frustrated at Democrats and don’t vote, letting the GOP back into power, that just makes things exponentially worse.

The Pie Overlord!  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:18:18am
Belafon  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:19:03am

When was that window?

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:19:51am

My take is that Democrats should always fight for these things. Force issues to a vote. Make them go on record opposing things that are popular.

I’ve never been a believer in pre-emptively giving up.

No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:20:26am

When was that window?

The first half of this year, when they could’ve expanded the Court for its current term.

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:20:54am

When was that window?

The last time was in April, and Nancy Pelosi refused to even bring the bill to the floor.

npr.org

Citizen K  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:21:22am

I love you Charles, but can you tell me, in hindsight, seeing what we’re seeing now between the media ‘narrative’, the battering of poll numbers, and the behavior of 2 certain Senators, that any concerted push for court expansion would have succeeded, and that we wouldn’t be savaged in unrecoverable ways for not succeeding in what was already called a ‘power grab’ when it was being considered before?

Belafon  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:21:30am

I’ve never been a believer in pre-emptively giving up.

From what I’ve seen, expanding the court, unlike gun regulation, abortion, immigration, and raising taxes on the rich, is not very popular, because it’s currently seen as a political act.

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:21:31am

I’ve never been a believer in pre-emptively giving up.

Agree 100%

No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:22:14am

First US case of Omicron identified in California. finance.yahoo.com

Belafon  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:23:04am

And yes, people can blame Republicans for their overtly political takeover of the Supreme Court and blame Democrats for being political for trying to fix it.

aatharuv  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:23:27am

re: #10 Eclectic Cyborg

Most under the same username as well.

I’m seeing a couple of different usernames ending in 21 or 2021

Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:23:53am

re: #12 The Pie Overlord!

Downdings will disappear them

Yeah, I down dinged a bunch of them myself, for the main reason that those pages force more relevant pages off of the main page.

No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:24:20am

I am hoping the public will see the reversal of Roe as a political act, and that it triggers such a backlash that it actually saves democracy. That is my hope, anyway.

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:25:54am

re: #40 Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire

The problem right now is that nobody’s posting any more relevant pages. I let those pages display again because it looks better than an empty column.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:26:02am

re: #3 Eclectic Cyborg

I live in one of those states, which also borders two of the others.

me, too!

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:26:22am

And Eric Alper is actually not a spammer.

darthstar  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:27:01am

Republicans have been chasing the overturn Roe bus for decades…now they get to find out what happens to them when they catch it.

Shropshire Slasher  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:29:02am

I like pineapple on my pizza and I like the original Dune movie better.

Down ding away.

darthstar  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:30:07am

And Eric Alper is actually not a spammer.

He’s turned being a music fan into a decent career…not everyone can do that.

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:30:33am

re: #34 Citizen K

We’re being savaged right now in unrecoverable ways, because our leaders decide not to fight for things like court expansion. How could it be worse than Roe being repealed?

I’m not a Nancy Pelosi basher, really I’m not. But too often Democratic leaders cling to traditions that are wrecking the country with a deranged Republican Party calling all the shots.

Citizen K  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:30:51am

We’re also seeing the consequences of failing a push, however temporarily, and how severe it is, even when the push eventually does succeed in the end. Look at the fallout from trying to push the infrastructure stuff that eventually did get through. The initial failures were enough to push months of negativity, poll swoons, and an exodus of support from the party that still hasn’t abated. In an ideal world, continual pushes for necessary, if not necessarily popular, policies and changes would always be a net positive. We don’t live in that ideal world, not by a longshot. And failures can poison the well for later attempts even with better margins, because, you know, Dems are only ever allowed one chance at things before folks decide ‘maybe Republicans really are better’ and sweep them back into unfettered power, because shit sucks.

No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:31:17am

re: #45 darthstar

Unless Roberts can work some kind of voodoo magic on his colleagues to preserve a stripped down version of Roe, that grants a constitutional right to abortion in the first trimester “just because we say so.”

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:31:34am

those two have done this before

Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:32:11am

Point

aatharuv  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:33:26am

And Eric Alper is actually not a spammer.

Ack. Removed my downdings.

No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:33:48am

re: #52 Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire

Point

I use to look at and occasionally post on the side bar, and its been so long since I did, I don’t even remember why I stopped.

darthstar  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:35:46am

Michigan shooter (15) getting tried as an adult. They’re considering charging the parents too. Dad bought the gun last Friday. 4th kid died today from his injuries.

Kid’s not being cooperative with police.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:37:27am

And Eric Alper is actually not a spammer.

That might not be his title, but a page every 20 minutes sure looks like spam to me.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:37:32am

re: #55 darthstar

Kid’s not being cooperative with police.

Neither are his parents (dad bought the gun just a few days ago)

No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:38:10am

re: #55 darthstar

Kid’s not being cooperative with police.

He is going to rot in prison for the rest of his life no matter what he does. The question is whether dad joins him or not.

Dopamine Fish  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:38:14am

re: #55 darthstar

Kid’s not being cooperative with police.

Nor should he be. No offense, but I don’t trust the police any farther than I can throw them, and I parrot every lawyer’s advice I ever talked to, listened to, or read on Twitter: “If the cops try to ask you a question, the only valid answer is, ‘I need a lawyer.’”

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:38:34am
No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:39:21am

re: #54 No Malarkey!

I remember now. There was a button which made it easy to create an article, then it stopped working. That was years ago.

darthstar  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:39:33am

Neither are his parents (dad bought the gun just a few days ago)

Dad’s probably a piece of work. They’ve released the kid’s name…expect the parents’ social media profiles to be widely shared in short order.

plansbandc  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:39:48am

According to 2021 poll numbers, 80% of Americans want abortion to be legal in some cases.

The fact that a very small minority is going to take that right away infuriates me.

But more than that, every time I hear an abortion “debate” (it’s really not a debate, nothing is a debate anymore) I think, why is this the state’s business? Why is it anyone’s business other than the woman seeking the abortion and the doctor performing the abortion?

Then my brain explodes, and I think of all the women who are going to be destroyed when abortion is illegal. And I think of all the traitor women on the R side who will gleefully allow the poors to be maimed and murdered.

Neat.

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:40:22am
No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:41:40am

re: #59 Dopamine Fish

Not that a lawyer is going to be able to help this kid much. The Court made it unconstitutional to execute minors, so he can either spend the rest of his life in prison, or he can spend the rest of his life in prison. There is no other option.

rhuarc  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:41:42am

I don’t think in this case it was a case of clinging to traditions. I think, politically, they see it as a losing cause. The leaders feel it will end up costing them politically so not worth the effort.

I don’t disagree with either your stance or their stance (if that is accurate), but it’s a reality in this country with so many ignorant people allowed to vote.

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:42:03am

re: #61 No Malarkey!

I don’t understand - the button is still there, right at the top of the right column. I just clicked it and the posting window came right up. What isn’t working for you?

jaunte  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:44:15am
Dopamine Fish  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:44:26am

The problem we’re fighting here is best summarized as follows:

VOTER: “Democrats, what have you got for me?”
D: “We’ve got comprehensive health care packages, infrastructure, tax cuts for working class people, social safety net, environmental care. All the things we need in order to be a just, advanced, safe, and prosperous society.”
VOTER: “Republicans?”
R: “White American Jesus.”
VOTER: “Welp, I’m sold. Jesus wins over everything.”
D: “But that’s not what Jesus —”
VOTER: “Sorry, you’re wrong and my mind is made up because they said it first and loudest. You lose. GOOD DAY, SIR!”

No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:44:39am

I can’t remember now, I haven’t even tried to do it for years. I think it was a problem with my computer back then.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:45:03am

re: #62 darthstar

Maybe, but his failure may just be in not seeing that his son is too dangerous to ever have guns around, when he bought a gun for some reason unrelated to the killer. I do not trust the media to report accurately on this at all.

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:45:44am

Charles, I think they are talking about the “Create a page” button that used to appear on each of our individual posts so we could easily expand it into a page if we wanted to.

But I see that button on my screen right now, so I don’t know.

Dopamine Fish  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:46:23am

re: #65 No Malarkey!

Kyle Rittenhouse demonstrated what’s possible with lawyers and juries. With that said, that’s entirely not my point. My point is, I don’t want to be a fair-weather fan that complains about the idiocy of people who cooperate with the police when they’re people I like.

No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:49:44am

re: #73 Dopamine Fish

Well sure, but Kyle was killing “bad” people in “self defense.” Kids who walk into school and massacre other kids aren’t getting out of prison, ever. And I entirely understand and agree with your original point. But no lawyer can unring this bell.

darthstar  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:49:49am

First Omicron case in US in San Francisco:
* Person picked it up in South Africa
* They had moderna but no booster shot
* They reported contacts for tracing purposes
* Symptoms mild and almost fully recovered

Given the vaccine rate in SF, it’s entirely possible that this person managed to be at R-0 as far as spreading the virus.

Teddy's Person  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:50:26am

Susan Collins is busy dodging reporters who want her to comment on Judge Beer’s performance this morning and, in the same breath, claims to support Roe. Fuck her.

Dopamine Fish  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:51:58am

re: #74 No Malarkey!

But no lawyer can unring this bell.

My pessimism has been really high lately. I hope you’re right. Given our complete inability to do anything about school shootings, I can’t say I 100% agree yet.

re: #76 Teddy’s Person

Not if she was the last woman on earth.

(I’ll see myself out.)

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:52:22am

Meanwhile, Twitter’s new “private media” policy is very predictably being used to shut down critics of Nazis and white nationalists.

No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:52:32am

re: #76 Teddy’s Person

It got her reelected for another six year term, and isn’t that all that really matters?

No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:53:59am

re: #77 Dopamine Fish

Not if she was the last woman on earth.

(I’ll see myself out.)

Take heart from the fact that the three klansmen in Georgia didn’t get away with murder. Nor did Derek Chauvin.

Shropshire Slasher  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:54:50am

The punk who did the school shooting has been identified if you want to look.

darthstar  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:55:23am

re: #74 No Malarkey!

God I hope not. But it will be interesting to understand the mind-set in this family and what triggered the kid to take dad’s brand new gun and open fire at school.

Why did daddy feel like he needed a 9mm pistol? Was he involved in criminal activity or simply a pro 2nd Amendment guy who finally saved up enough cash to get his dream gun? Did he share his gun fantasy with his son who ended up using it?

Honestly, I hope it wasn’t a cheap model and that dad’s gotta make credit card payments on it every month while it sits in an evidence locker.

No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:58:03am
Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 11:59:07am

re: #82 darthstar

There’s also the possibility that his job required it, or he’d been a victim of criminal activity and made a tragic choice because of that. We don’t know.

Teddy's Person  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:04:51pm

re: #82 darthstar

There was chatter going around the school. So, I think we’ll find out the motivation in the near future.

Multiple parents told the [Detroit] Free Press that their children enrolled at the school heard rumors of some violence ahead of school Tuesday; some took it seriously enough to prevent their children from attending classes in person.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:04:57pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:05:40pm
sagehen  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:10:15pm

re: #46 Shropshire Slasher

I like pineapple on my pizza and I like the original Dune movie better.

Down ding away.

Can I give you half a down ding? I’m with you on the pizza, but you’re so very WRONG about Dune.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:10:43pm

He was just trying to prank an employee by shooting them in the face with a BB gun, that was next to a real loaded gun, so it’s an “accident.” He is being charged with involuntary manslaughter, which really does not sound like enough to me.

South Carolina gun shop owner fatally shot worker in prank gone wrong (WSOC-TV)

Shropshire Slasher  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:11:03pm

re: #88 sagehen

You have to go the full ding

Dopamine Fish  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:11:22pm

re: #90 Shropshire Slasher

You have to go the full ding

You NEVER go full ding.

Dangerman  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:11:57pm

[Embedded content]CNN is reporting that the prosecutor also said there is a strong likelihood that the parents will face charges for not securely storing their new semiautomatic handgun.

its about fucking time

it’s your gun.
you are entirely responsible for controlling your weapon (which includes securing it).
AT ALL TIMES.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:12:00pm

re: #88 sagehen

I agree that he was half-right, but not about the disgusting first half of his post.

sagehen  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:12:04pm

re: #55 darthstar

Kid’s not being cooperative with police.

I bet he got it 40% off in the Black Friday sales.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:13:50pm

“Semiautomatic.”

I’m leaning more toward gun pervert than needing it for his job now.

Dopamine Fish  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:14:42pm

re: #95 Punish Domestic Terrorists

“Semiautomatic.”

I’m leaning more toward gun pervert than needing it for his job now.

It’s a pistol. Most pistols are semiautomatic. Anything except for a single-action revolver, really.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:15:55pm

re: #96 Dopamine Fish

OK, just the media making it sound like more than it is then.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:15:58pm

Summer just turned 4 months old

gjt/5yIkkvZG/A5COBP6wNFqn6fU1FoGCOWwxMGjBE9MuJBj1bKs4JLK/MMm0bKRHY3E/Ea5OIhqzqjLjBEKY+KTnxQ5j54yrK1WKRzuGJyWfVd8L277p73NOZcQ06wED+IEsLT982quw6d8B/epyzUuulQOBtZ04oezNh0BwJplhsAyL3NXXdo7PGqw7qrYBlB06MfyY7Ke1r9tLKG3bLKRCgMueaxvbArvSmpTBpJg+mPcTqbXBCwpur5dTTdCVXD0wkQ/MTp071m/5XhRFzDXILTXXRX8s3QZRNA8doQ7UVn4RgRQmIFPItg7Omh8p5gJkQ6qJ/XLtFlBWGqb3xvy7yNMwV/rp72hbkWWnPEWrapVncxFcWG153Qndmiy

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:17:24pm

That’s 28 in dog-months.

Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:18:07pm

Summer just turned 4 months old

XEoXXZDJ+dcTq6ns3gHgyrTFKXLxaHIO4EdvWpX7tZlKvvbanu6hVk6nIuoy9MwGC49EXR125BE=

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:18:10pm
Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:19:38pm
Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:20:13pm

He’s cracked, or is trying to avoid responsibility after pulling the trigger when what they were doing did not call for it. I still think the person who put the bullet in the gun and the people who hired them are the most responsible, which may include Baldwin.

Alec Baldwin says he did not pull the trigger before the bullet struck, killed ‘Rust’ cinematographer (CNBC via MSN)

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:30:42pm

FKI1IVofkYaxc1LEC30ZkXfkq3/n01nazpxDHY+rJch6U+ttwqHBB0zek5J7ZQAAfGdsy+d+FGOru4M3DaFkdvC7gIEA1j71JHZwGqv0p0OL1pcz8Z8Wv6AE9MOGO0+2tdihoCAnyC26wqKQeUwQQ4O0Jt+Y5SDtKpCCtuFBtDpdfJ9VTgQnnD1KH9+qTj2QGuHHmjdu2uemC5eVNb7gwy4aKD7iewDGfosrx+j+UTws+GSnW1HnNAEuwjUsP1uDLeaCTUHmNs8Zh4hm9h48fPnKnKIWtyr1k1NSQTcpIciosoIwCyruUN4lyPTFvJcl

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:31:44pm
Dangerman  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:32:15pm
Sen. Jon Tester (D-MT), one of his party’s most centrist members, made an intensely personal case for ambitious climate action in the Democrats’ social spending package,” Politico reports.

“He said this summer’s drought led to the worst year on his farm since they began farming in the 1970s and that he ‘longed’ for the day when his tractor could be powered off a battery, instead of diesel fuel.”

Said Tester: “If we don’t do something about climate change and start today with real solutions, there are going to be a lot of hungry people in this world. A lot of hungry people.”

Now that it’s affected me personally…..

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:37:21pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:39:27pm

more in the thread

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:41:43pm

k6uGnFc0oVtRZDNwimFN5YIHrlZwQe14SI5GeQshhSpKjm3xdWcuBRGIBvvar3jvaD4PyCJfgF/tq9sYmrtPA3YfxgoJu2/S50W3nodYAB7yI0YqJF3XbTm+RubNXvmA4R9fUC6kEYzUWBIFCJGdjMg6w+S9aXMT+O43S8jzxoS32hUv3u2djKg70/zDDVcR

aatharuv  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:41:50pm

re: #106 Dangerman

Now that it’s affected me personally…..

It’s going to be affecting millions of farmers through the world. Including _plenty_ in the US. If we want to win back the Senate, this needs to be pushed every second in every state where agriculture is important.

These are rural voters who will be completely screwed by Republican policies and saved by Democratic policies on the environment. 10 second sound bites.

Dangerman  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:42:21pm
Former President Donald Trump’s new social media company appears to have missed the November deadline it set to release an invitation-only beta version of ‘Truth Social,’ its purported alternative to Twitter,” CNBC reports.

Steak
Clothing
Water
Vodka
Casinos, ffs!

Maybe it’ll be ready “in two weeks”

Dangerman  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:45:41pm

re: #110 aatharuv

Tester gets it way more than manchin
a dem in a red state

and i wasnt really ragging on him personally but more that long standing issues gain urgency when it finally affects us

how the anti-vax have not been susceptible to this i cannot explain

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:48:02pm

It’s like he’s trying to act like a decent guy, but went on an indecent guy’s podcast to talk about it, because he still doesn’t know better than to associate with fascists.

Kyle Rittenhouse said he will “destroy” the AR-15-style weapon he used in the fatal shooting of two people last year at a racial injustice protest in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

During an appearance on the conservative podcast “The Charlie Kirk Show,” Rittenhouse said Tuesday that the gun was being “destroyed right now.”

Kyle Rittenhouse says he is destroying AR-15 used in Kenosha shootings (NBC via MSN)

The Pie Overlord!  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:48:57pm

Summer just turned 4 months old

KIXyTwO2zxrvkloAKcdbIaOZ1QF90gYTj55g734SoAjSvahzd58EPkM94iVNdeJNr5YC0lsbwT0=

Dangerman  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:50:33pm
Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:50:50pm

The idea of “54 years ago” being the 1970s is just bonkers to me.

No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:53:25pm

re: #113 Punish Domestic Terrorists

That is something, I guess. He could’ve auctioned it off to become the prize memento of some fascist.

Dangerman  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:54:16pm

re: #115 Dangerman

So, this is hard because these people are doing it for the publicity. There’s a judgment that has to be made about how we contribute to their fundraising and their publicity on how obnoxious and disgusting they can be.”

— Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), quoted by CNN, speaking to the House Democratic caucus on whether to punish Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) for her recent Islamophobic remarks

aatharuv  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:54:18pm

re: #112 Dangerman

Tester gets it way more than manchin
a dem in a red state

how the anti-vax have not been susceptible to this i cannot explain

You can’t use reason to understand religion.

But there have been plenty of stories of anti-vaxxers who lose their faith in the Lord Q, when Covid hits _them_ hard and _them_alone — not even when it hits their friends and family. At that point, they’re all for vaccines for themselves and their family.

Drought will impact every farmer _personally_

Those who don’t lose faith publicly probably never had faith privately, are just in for the grift — like Trump, Rep. Neanderthal (Q-GA), and so many others.

EPR-radar  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:54:59pm

re: #116 Eclectic Cyborg

The idea of “54 years ago” being the 1970s is just bonkers to me.

Late 60s, not 70s. But the point still stands.

A Mom Anon  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:55:04pm

7qcDZ0q4UOyAMeeytCJK9dF1+dAFFyfzqTIWpDmH21TO7hS7eJju/3mTM8zT6BCc6ELvWrhXmOe0HcGBH3GMVuU2c0dq2j3aZSlaP4fgzt3nQRl2FNFw3o0pCp3H8gLIeMp7oQ+kGRK0HDUhk1/AydGEtbWeMHwihmNMUaYdQlIcCbfGOI/Vo6/UCRxRKuz8S4aXpovXQzyCjBZWVGIS/pFuuLYnKedby6y/JGtFHyCQVXcYj79PpwjACwNI9WDdkD2JcN/Bp1zVoePV7/Sc+iKYFZ+917SxMnHQzGTt58t5zJuncpFimmpLgBmraYC4lU8TtDjYbXs=

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:55:53pm

re: #116 Eclectic Cyborg

The idea of “54 years ago” being the 1970s is just bonkers to me.

It’s almost, but not quite that bad. 1967.

No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 12:57:05pm

The Pie Overlord!  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:09:50pm

WTF is wrong with these people, other than they hate Jews?

William Lewis  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:10:26pm

re: #113 Punish Domestic Terrorists

Bull. He’s still hanging with fascists. This is just a lie to con decent people into not wanting to kill him on sight.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:11:26pm

re: #114 The Pie Overlord!

Wcrs/LZJxpQAELjskwgMzVxLzyz3E/Ed

jeffreyw  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:11:38pm

There seems to be at least a regional shortage of distilled water. Kroger is out, has been out for weeks. Walmart is out. I need it for my CPAP machine. I looked into a no-plumbing RO unit, found a counter top device at Amazon that has pretty good reviews. We can use it for the coffee makers and save big on vinegar for descaling.

William Lewis  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:11:52pm

re: #124 The Pie Overlord!

WTF is wrong with these people, other than they hate Jews?

Only that. Idiots.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:15:49pm
Belafon  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:17:15pm

Another thing ER got right multiple times.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:17:27pm

Abusive greedy Republicans do not care about poverty or abuse.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:21:45pm
Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:24:41pm

1. Say what you need to say to guarantee yourself a lifetime appointment.
2. Once seated, do whatever the fuck you want to do because you answer to no one.
3. Profit?

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:24:49pm
Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:26:09pm

Another thing ER got right multiple times.

I watched that show until a younger friend died in his 20s in a car accident, killed by a guy in his 50s who claimed he lost control of his car because of acid reflux, and got to go on with his life. Haven’t watched any hospital shows since.

The Pie Overlord!  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:26:12pm

hOw DaRe YoU SaY It’S WrOnG tO cOmPaRe AnTiVaXxErS To HoLoCaUsT ViCtImS!!!!!!

No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:26:47pm

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:28:23pm

Belafon  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:29:14pm

re: #137 No Malarkey!

She meant row, as in what the little people have to do to see their elected representatives.

retired cynic  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:30:38pm

Oh, lovely! I had a beloved cat that needed one, and I so wish I could have gotten one for her.

wrenchwench  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:31:36pm

If Americans are to be denied a choice, the option they are required to take should be the safer option. Get a vaccination. Have an abortion. Live.

Getting the vax is the more important to society. Unvaxxed people kill others. Baby havers make an impact on society that is less lethal. Only the mother is at risk from birth. The blastosphere/embryo/fetus, if it makes it to ‘baby’, then starts its impact on society, and is at risk. When a person is pregnant, there is a pregnant person. There is no other person.

I am so pro-choice, I believe the entire baby-making enterprise should be subsidized. A bit of socialism is required for supported baby-making. I do not favor choice for 9 year olds, but at 10 or 12, she should have scientific and medical information.

Colère Tueur de Lapin  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:34:22pm

re: #127 jeffreyw

Save yourself $300 - aquarium RO/DI system

Same thing, just not as pretty.

The Pie Overlord!  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:35:17pm

Happy Hanukkah!! Also: Happy Birthday To Me!!

wrenchwench  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:37:13pm

re: #143 The Pie Overlord!

Happy Hanukkah!! Also: Happy Birthday To Me!!

4 more lights and many more birthdays. May they all be happy.

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:37:25pm

re: #143 The Pie Overlord!

Happy birthday.

Different Menorah this year, I see.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:38:51pm

re: #142 Colère Tueur de Lapin

Save yourself $300 - aquarium RO/DI system

Same thing, just not as pretty.

It’s pretty different, requiring installation. I put one in when I had a house and a hydroponic garden, and it’s fairly easy, but spending time contorted under the sink and drilling the hole for the outlet is not for everyone.

wrenchwench  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:39:47pm

re: #146 Punish Domestic Terrorists

At least not all at the same time.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:41:14pm

re: #147 wrenchwench

At least not all at the same time.

Didn’t even occur to me to drill the hole from the bottom rather than the top, but I could have, and it would have been terrible.

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:41:45pm
The Pie Overlord!  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:43:47pm

re: #145 Eclectic Cyborg

Happy birthday.

Different Menorah this year, I see.

This is a travel menorah.

wrenchwench  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:43:50pm

I like your other absolutist position: No abortion laws needed. Trust women.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:43:58pm

Unless invited in by the woman. Like vampires.

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:46:33pm

re: #151 wrenchwench

I like your other absolutist position: No abortion laws needed. Trust women.

Related proposal: Abortion laws can only be written by and voted on by women.

Belafon  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:46:45pm

Yours is the moderate position, it’s just that the ends right now - religion on one end and government on the other - have wrapped around to meet each other. Neither group should be able to tell you to have children, nor restrict your ability to have children.

Colère Tueur de Lapin  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:47:37pm

re: #146 Punish Domestic Terrorists

My point was that you’re paying $300 for cosmetics. Same end product.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:48:14pm

re: #153 Eclectic Cyborg

Counterproposal: Abortion laws can only be written by and voted on by women.

It’s sexist if you don’t allow men to control women’s reproductive organs while allowing women to do so.

Really, other women should not get a say either.

Dread Pirate Ron  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:48:18pm
jeffreyw  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:48:47pm

re: #142 Colère Tueur de Lapin

Save yourself $300 - aquarium RO/DI system

Same thing, just not as pretty.

I’m willing to pay extra for pretty, not to mention ease of operation.

The Pie Overlord!  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:48:55pm

Exhibit #eleventybazillion of Anti-Semites hiding behind “Anti-Zionism”

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:50:17pm

re: #155 Colère Tueur de Lapin

My point was that you’re paying $300 for cosmetics. Same end product.

And mine is that it’s more than cosmetics. It’s something I’ve done before but I’m getting to the age where work like that is less appealing, and I know many other people here are older than I am.

Barefoot Grin  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:53:19pm

re: #116 Eclectic Cyborg

The idea of “54 years ago” being the 1970s is just bonkers to me.

We were talking about how much that was written about the Qin Shihuang Di, first emperor of China, was considered myth until the terra cotta warriors were discovered about 50 years ago, “such a short time.” And the students looked at me like, “50 years, 2000 years—it’s all ancient.”

aatharuv  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:53:40pm

re: #153 Eclectic Cyborg

Related proposal: Abortion laws can only be written by and voted on by women.

I’ll also add anyone else who could carry a fetus. Or anyone AFAB. I have friends who do not identify as women but who have been or could become pregnant.

Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:54:47pm

re: #143 The Pie Overlord!

Happy Hanukkah!! Also: Happy Birthday To Me!!

Happy birthday!

Colère Tueur de Lapin  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:55:00pm

re: #160 Punish Domestic Terrorists

Because you’re the only person who had experience doing such.

Jeff said he’s willing to pay for pretty — leave it at that.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:55:05pm

re: #158 jeffreyw

I’m willing to pay extra for pretty, not to mention ease of operation.

Once it’s in, you have a new tiny tap on your sink that dispenses pure water which is as good as ease of operation goes, but you do have to do the work to get it in, and to change filters under the sink once in a while. The bottle that holds the purified water also takes up quite a bit of space under the sink. It’s definitely not for everyone.

Florida Panhandler  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:56:35pm

Another keen legal mind will be Justice Thomas arguing in favor of overruling Bailey vs. Alabama (1911) and once again allowing debt-related involuntary servitude.

Don’t be too shocked at any laws passed by states like Texas or legal activity by Republican crackpot Justices meant to return the USA to “Biblical” legal standards. This country is through the looking glass and most people don’t even realize it. It’s a bit like crossing over the event horizon of a black hole. You don’t even realize you are past the point of no return even as you are being turned into stringy pasta.

Barefoot Grin  Dec 1, 2021 • 1:59:44pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:01:01pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:01:31pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:02:24pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:03:19pm

^^THIS^^

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:03:57pm

Wut? Was I somehow unclear?

jeffreyw  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:04:18pm

re: #165 Punish Domestic Terrorists

I’m a 72 yo, fat, retired plumber and I will not be doing any work under the sink ever again.

(corrected typo)

Florida Panhandler  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:04:55pm

re: #167 Barefoot Grin

I’m probably being alarmist right now when I say states like Texas and Alabama will require doctors to file notification of every pregnancy with the state government and also start taking passports away from women who are pregnant.

Nothing, I repeat nothing is beyond the pale of fascists.

aatharuv  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:06:15pm

Wut? Was I somehow unclear?

As this person seems to be a Democrat based on their twitter profile, I’m guessing they were trying to include people not identifying as female who could be pregnant.

Barefoot Grin  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:08:01pm

re: #174 Florida Panhandler

Nothing, I repeat nothing is beyond the pale of fascists.

And nothing is surprising anymore.

Dread Pirate Ron  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:08:07pm
Belafon  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:08:33pm

Wut? Was I somehow unclear?

Yours wasn’t absolute enough. What if the doctor says no?

Edit: I think you’re saying the same thing, that other person might just think there are too many people still involved in the decision.

Barefoot Grin  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:09:56pm

re: #177 Dread Pirate Ron

Think Lee and Cruz did “rock-paper-scissors” to see who got to be the asshole this time?

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:10:17pm

re: #173 jeffreyw

I’m a 72 yo, fat, retired plumber and I will nor be doing any work under the sink ever again.

You have the skills, but not the inclination. Totally understandable.

sagehen  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:11:16pm

Yours wasn’t absolute enough. What if the doctor says no?

there’s always another doctor. OB/Gyn’s are not a rare species.

jeffreyw  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:12:39pm

re: #179 Barefoot Grin

“man-cockroach-atomic bomb”

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:13:24pm

re: #182 jeffreyw

“man-cockroach-atomic bomb”

person-man-woman-camera-tv

Belafon  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:15:36pm

re: #181 sagehen

there’s always another doctor. OB/Gyn’s are not a rare species.

I should have included that I thought Charles’s was absolute enough and that they implied the same thing.

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:16:12pm

OK then I think I’m just gonna move on.

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:17:49pm

I didn’t realize it was controversial to suggest having a doctor’s advice on a procedure like an abortion. But hey, Twitter, never change.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:18:09pm
jeffreyw  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:18:32pm

re: #183 Eclectic Cyborg

person-man-woman-camera-tv

Sorry, I watched some of the new Cowboy Bebop last night and was triggered by the rock-paper-scissors quip.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:21:14pm

TWO guys, actually

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:21:53pm
Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:25:05pm

Some people just aren’t happy unless they are picking a fight with someone else.

sagehen  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:27:12pm

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:27:57pm

If Mark Meadows is to be believed, Trump tested positive for Covid on 9/26, held an event with Gold Star families on 9/27 — then went on Hannity and suggested *Gold Star families* were responsible for the White House outbreak.

I think Meadows might be telling the truth here because this sounds TOTALLY on brand for DT.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:28:49pm

re: #191 Eclectic Cyborg

Some people are extremely insecure about their right to control their own bodies at the moment, for good reason, and if you live in a shithole state, a lot of doctors are going to be right-wing authoritarians.

Barefoot Grin  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:28:58pm

re: #188 jeffreyw

I sometimes got accosted by small children in the Japanese rural town I lived in many years ago. One way to avoid having them try to pull your hair or grab your balls is to do the “jan-ken” ploy.

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:30:48pm

The complete context according to Meadows is that Trump tested positive, but then took a different test that was negative.

Most people would have taken that as a sign to quarantine and be very cautious. Not these malevolent fuckers, though.

This, of course, assumes this story is even true, which is definitely not a given considering the source.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:34:00pm

What is this BlastX of music videos linking to Spotify all from the same account over in the right-hand column? Has the spammer been banned yet?

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:35:11pm
Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:37:45pm

Isn’t there a way to strip a medical degree from someone who used it to grift?

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:39:00pm

What I read is that the negative test was considered to be a more reliable test used to confirm or refute the less reliable earlier test. Of course that could be bullshit.

Barefoot Grin  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:39:57pm

I thought this was a right now in much of the US. ////

Texas woman arrested after pulling a gun over grocery store parking spot
A Corpus Christi woman faces charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after police said she pointed a handgun at the victims and threatened to shoot them.

twitter.com

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:40:57pm

re: #197 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

He actually isn’t a spammer. These are all real artists, some of them are pretty good. Mostly Canadian, I think.

People aren’t posting very many other pages for some reason, and I re-enabled these posts because it’s better than a blank column.

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:41:02pm

re: #200 Punish Domestic Terrorists

It’s also very NOT outside the realm of possibility that someone just told Trump the test was negative so as to not incur his wrath.

Belafon  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:41:26pm

re: #197 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

We already had this conversation at the top of the thread.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:42:50pm

re: #203 Eclectic Cyborg

He is a lot more like Saddam Hussien than like Abe Lincoln, the person their party once looked up to, so yeah, people will have lied to him to keep him from going berserk.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:43:47pm
Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:43:49pm

Trae on Roe v. Wade and how shitty Republicans are.

facebook.com

HRH Stanley Sea  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:44:15pm

re: #82 darthstar

Daily Beast has the low down. Got gun on black Friday. Parents & kid in school day of shooting for disciplinary reasons.. and there’s more.

darthstar  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:44:22pm

Jimi in a holiday promo photo shot for that album.

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:44:52pm

Marjorie Taylor Greene: “We are not the fringe. We are the base of the party.”

She’s right. This is the mainstream GOP.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:46:31pm

They’re both fringe lunatics, and the base of the failed party.

Marge is trying to destroy the United States. We allow morons to work to end our nation.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:47:02pm

my congresscritter is a moron

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:47:46pm

re: #209 darthstar

Here’s another…

Dave In Austin  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:48:09pm

re: #146 Punish Domestic Terrorists

Yeah but the coffee that water makes is worth it.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:48:11pm

my congresscritter is a moron

oh and merry fucking christmas

Belafon  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:50:24pm

My cousin put up that Omicron is an acronym for moronic as if that means anything, but it’s also an acronym for Omni Orc, which I need to make into a D&D NPC.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:51:01pm

re: #208 HRH Stanley Sea

The parents did allow their little monster to play with the gun he used to kill other students, and did know that he’s dangerous. I hope they are charged.

A Mom Anon  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:51:36pm

Stacey Abrams is running for governor! Woot! Best news I’ve heard in awhile. She is so amazing. It’s difficult to do a happy dance laying in bed with your feet elevated, but I am. Yay! First time I can think of since Max Cleland that we’ve had a really good and serious candidate that’s an actual for reals democrat.

gocart mozart  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:54:14pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:54:54pm
Dave In Austin  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:56:23pm
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:56:46pm

Hmm.

I can’t post a new page.

When I click on “create a page,” I get a new window which has “LGF Pages” at the top and is otherwise completely blank.

Belafon  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:57:19pm

re: #221 Dave In Austin

I think it’s > 85% Republicans for sure.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 2:59:31pm
Hecuba's daughter  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:01:51pm

re: #207 Punish Domestic Terrorists

Trae on Roe v. Wade and how shitty Republicans are.

facebook.com

Trae is wrong on one issue though: it’s not the age of the judge but the age of their ideas that matter. Barrett is the more recent appointment and the youngest judge; her ossified positions are appalling. I would propose that anyone who is a member of the Federalist Society be automatically removed from the Court and indeed any court in the land. Members of this organization helped orchestrate the effort to overthrow the election; they are all traitors to our Constitution; they have the ultimate in activist opinions — they will distort any laws/established principles to uphold their radical right-wing outlook.

William Lewis  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:03:55pm

re: #222 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

Hmm.

I can’t post a new page.

Seems to be working fine for me. MS Edge, development line.

Test time.

gocart mozart  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:08:10pm

Oxford shooter’s real estate agent MAGA mom, of course.

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:08:29pm

re: #222 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

I seem to recall you had issues with parts of the site being blocked before? Because that’s what this sounds like - something is getting blocked in the popup window. If you open the Web Inspector on that blank page there might be some errors that would help figure it out.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:09:01pm

re: #207 Punish Domestic Terrorists

Trae on Roe v. Wade and how shitty Republicans are.

facebook.com

Since Facebook is completely blocked on my computer, he also has what I assume is the video you posted at YouTube (complete with an anti-abortion advert beforehand, 2:14)

Liberal Redneck - SCOTUS and the “Pro-Life” Crowd

Barefoot Grin  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:11:01pm

Doctors have said that Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is due to a lack of sunlight and how it processes Vitamin D. But really, and let’s be honest here, it’s because Darth goes into hibernation.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:12:28pm
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:13:35pm

re: #226 William Lewis

Seems to be working fine for me. MS Edge, development line.

Test time.

I am using Windows 10 and Firefox.

Lemme try Edge.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:13:48pm
William Lewis  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:14:27pm

re: #226 William Lewis

test successfully posted. Hopefully you’ll enjoy it.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:15:02pm

re: #232 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

I am using Windows 10 and Firefox.

Lemme try Edge.

Yes, the problem is in Firefox for Windows.

darthstar  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:16:40pm

re: #227 gocart mozart

Oxford shooter’s real estate agent MAGA mom, of course.

Great…so now it’s a false flag family. Figures.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:17:06pm

12/1/78. She’s just a kid.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:17:48pm
William Lewis  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:18:44pm
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:21:15pm

Page created in Microsoft Edge and shamelessly promoted by me:

Flag Observances for December 2021

Charles Johnson  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:21:33pm

re: #235 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

Yes, the problem is in Firefox for Windows.

Just checked in Firefox for Mac and had no problem there either. Could be an add-on.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:23:26pm
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:25:01pm

re: #237 Punish Domestic Terrorists

12/1/78. She’s just a kid.

At her age I’d already been in the Navy six years, got out, got married, then went back in. Twenty-five seems awfully old for a kid.

Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:28:37pm

re: #235 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

Yes, the problem is in Firefox for Windows.

Windows 10 and the latest Firefox. It opened just fine for me. One of your add-ons?

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:29:11pm

Hm. The only add-ons I have are NoScript (which I disabled when the problem came up with no joy) and Dark Reader (same result).

Maybe there’s something different about the Windows version of Firefox than the Mac version.

I have the current version (94.0.4, 64-bit, November 22, 2021)

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:31:54pm

re: #245 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

I have the current version (94.0.4, 64-bit, November 22, 2021)

I have Firefox on the PC and have no problem opening “create a page”.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:34:24pm

re: #245 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

Go to Settings on the Tools pulldown menu in Firefox, then go to Privacy & Security. Check under Permissions to see if you have popups blocked

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:36:18pm
CHICAGO — After a sick staff member at a veterans hospital in Chicago reportedly continued to come to work for several days, at least 18 hospitalized patients tested positive for COVID-19, at least one has died.

Sick VA Hospital Staff Comes To Work; 18 Infected, 1 Dead: Report (Patch via MSN)

Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:38:55pm

re: #245 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

I have the current version (94.0.4, 64-bit, November 22, 2021)

Mouse you’re just going to have to give up. Your computer is obviously possessed by an evil spirit that delights in the frustration and angst it causes you whenever you open Firefox. An exorcism is your only hope of saving your sanity.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:39:40pm
steve_davis  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:39:49pm

re: #58 No Malarkey!

can’t he claim self-defense?

////

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:41:41pm
No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:43:30pm

re: #248 Punish Domestic Terrorists

This is the freedumb Republicans are fighting for.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:43:31pm
Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:43:35pm

re: #248 Punish Domestic Terrorists

Unterman repeatedly urged staff members to wear a mask and said she had walked through the facility and “found literally dozens of people (patients, staff, visitors) who either were not wearing a mask at all” or weren’t wearing it properly.

“We are better than this,” Unterman said. “We are supposed to be a place of healing, not a place of harm.”

And this in the supposedly liberal bastion that is Chicago.

Shiplord Kirel: Fan of Big Bird, Bert, and Ernie  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:43:35pm
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:45:46pm

I can open the pop-up, it just comes up blank except for the title “lgf pages” at the top.

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:47:35pm

re: #255 Eclectic Cyborg

And this in the supposedly liberal bastion that is Chicago.

We have our share of dumbasses. At the health care fund I work for, we had several people resign because they’re too nuts to vaccinate. No one essential, of course.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:48:59pm

re: #249 Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire

Embedded Image

LOL. I’ve been begging my wife for a new computer with no joy. Maybe I need to beg harder.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:50:05pm
The Squire of Logos  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:51:05pm

re: #259 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

Let her know that even though you may be an atheist it is still the season of giving… computers and associated hardware.

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:51:07pm

People who won’t lose their paychecks think it’s a good idea for other people to lose theirs for a while.

Seems fair.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:52:56pm
The Squire of Logos  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:54:26pm

Looks like she has gone into full ‘bomb throwing’ mode.

Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:54:54pm

re: #259 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

PhillyPretzel  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:55:03pm

MTG put a cork in it. You are stagnating America.

No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:55:35pm

Another silver lining to the coming reversal of Roe is that, when liberals regain control of the Court, they should feel at liberty to reverse the individual right to bear arms first granted in Heller, and the individual right to make unlimited dark money campaign contributions granted in Citizens United.

No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:55:56pm

re: #264 The Squire of Logos

Looks like she has gone into full ‘bomb throwing’ mode.

That’s her grift.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:56:28pm
retired cynic  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:56:32pm

re: #267 No Malarkey!

Go incrementally on the first; whole hog on the second. IMO

EPR-radar  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:56:44pm

re: #264 The Squire of Logos

Looks like she has gone into full ‘bomb throwing’ mode.

Meanwhile, back in reality, MTG is one of the representatives of the KKK wing of the GOP in Congress.

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:57:48pm

re: #264 The Squire of Logos

Looks like she has gone into full ‘bomb throwing’ mode.

And all this time I thought she was already there.

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 1, 2021 • 3:58:58pm

re: #267 No Malarkey!

Unfortunately it may be a long time until Liberals regain control of the court.

nicdanger  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:00:21pm

Rick B interviews the always great Tommy Emmanuel

The Tommy Emmanuel Interview | World’s Greatest Acoustic Guitarist

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:01:12pm
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:01:17pm

Thirty minutes ago at the Omaha World-Herald:

Council Bluffs teacher accused of writing notes threatening school shooting

A Council Bluffs high school math teacher is accused of writing four anonymous notes left at the school threatening a shooting, Council Bluffs police said Wednesday.

Katrina Phelan, 37, turned herself in to authorities Wednesday after a warrant was issued for her arrest on three counts of threats of terrorism. Each charge carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison.

Officials said they had been investigating several notes found by students in Phelan’s classroom at Abraham Lincoln High School or that Phelan said she had found in other locations at the school. The notes were handwritten and all made “reference to committing gun violence upon school property,” police said in a press release.

“It was determined that she had no intentions or means of carrying out these threats,” authorities said.

(more)

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:02:22pm

So why the fuck did she make them in the first place??

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:02:31pm
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:03:45pm

re: #277 Eclectic Cyborg

So why the fuck did she make them in the first place??

Later down the article when confronted with the notes in her own handwriting, she says she doesn’t remember writing them.

She’s been fired.

“I don’t remember writing them, but at the same time, I’m 100% sure that I did write them and that’s weird, too,” she told police, according to the court document.

When Andrews asked Phelan why she wrote the notes, Phelan said it was “out of concern, worry and frustration over the lack of control of her classroom,” according to the affidavit. She said she also may have wanted to bring attention to “the fact that it’s not a safe place.”

Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:04:15pm

Dread Pirate Ron  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:08:04pm
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:09:53pm

Nebraska has reached the highest number of Covid-19 patients hospitalised in 2021, at 555 today. The overwhelming majority throughout the year have been unvaccinated.

Nebraska Medicine is full and can take no patients. The Nebraska-Western Iowa VA system is taking non-veterans to help relieve rural hospitals around Omaha/Council Bluffs.

The majority of patients are between twenty and sixty.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:13:37pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:14:46pm
Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:15:23pm

re: #281 Dread Pirate Ron

Unfortunately it’s pretty much impossible to remove a SCOTUS justice, so we’re stuck with them.

EPR-radar  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:16:19pm

re: #281 Dread Pirate Ron

These are pieces of a larger picture. The GOP is a fascist death cult that will clearly try to rule by force if/when it can no longer win elections, with one coup already attempted, and this remarkable fact gets remarkably little attention.

darthstar  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:17:15pm

Liz Cheney right now: Trump wants to debate us? Any hearings this committee has will be under oath, and anything Mr. Trump wants to say will be said to this committee under oath.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:19:06pm
Punish Domestic Terrorists  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:20:08pm

re: #286 EPR-radar

I’ve been thinking of the DOJ coup attempt and the desperate attempt on 1/6 as two coups attempted, the second a lot dumber than the first. Do they just count as one because it was the one failed President trying to cling to power?

darthstar  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:20:37pm

It’s about time they started televising these meetings. The seriousness deserves to be brought to public attention.

darthstar  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:22:07pm

Also, Clark will be brought before the committee on Saturday to take the fifth question by question. No blanket fifth from his lawyer is sufficient.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:22:39pm
PhillyPretzel  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:24:45pm

What I am surprised about is that the cop responding to the call did not notice the Ring Doorbell. Maybe because I have one I know what to look for on a door or doorframe.

EPR-radar  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:25:11pm

re: #289 Punish Domestic Terrorists

What are you thinking of as the “DOJ coup”? The Eastman memo etc.? If it’s that, I see both as part of the same coup, since the 1/6 riot created by Trump was done precisely to create “facts on the ground” conducive to stealing the election as suggested by Eastman.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:25:31pm

re: #287 darthstar

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:26:30pm

Well that about guarantees Trump will never testify.

EPR-radar  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:27:27pm

re: #296 Eclectic Cyborg

Well that about guarantees Trump will never testify.

I’m sure he wants to, so it will be the usual conflict between Trump’s megalomania and his lawyers.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:28:58pm
Florida Panhandler  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:31:30pm

re: #286 EPR-radar

A sitting President, upon losing the election, attempted a violent takeover of the United States. He was supported by sycophant Congress members along with violent police-assaulting terrorists and no one to date has even been charged with sedition.

I’ve said it before- a government that refuses to defend itself from attack by inside or outside forces cannot survive, nor should it. This current US Government is either physically incapable of or does not have the will to prosecute its own survival.

To me this means we have already passed the event horizon of the black hole and are headed directly into a fundamentally different sort of country other than the 20th Century notion of a nation state we had before.

No Malarkey!  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:39:04pm

re: #279 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

She’s been fired.

I hope she gets the therapy she needs.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 1, 2021 • 4:49:25pm

[moved to next thread]

cat-tikvah  Dec 1, 2021 • 5:08:24pm

re: #166 Florida Panhandler

Or we can reinstate slavery and call it “guaranteed full employment”!

Last updated: 2021-06-05 2:51 pm PDT

Cash.app Shop at amazon
Ludovico Einaudi - Luminous (Performance Video) "Underwater is a sound from another place"Order the new album: einaudi.lnk.to Underwater, Einaudi's first full solo piano album for 20 years, is a manifesto for life and a statement for this time when the world around him was quiet ...
Tweets: 2 •
Naked Capitalism Takedown on Biden’s Speech(0) [Introductory material omitted.] (1) But before we begin, I want to provide an update on our fight against COVID-19 and announce new steps[1]. [1] One would have expected new steps to generate some coverage, or, more precisely, to be ...
Captain Magic
1 week, 1 day ago
Tweets: 2 •
There Is No Such Thing as “Mild” CovidRead this thread. The good news down at the end is that full vaccination does help mitigate long Covid. Nevertheless, you don't want to get a "mild" case of Covid. PSA: COVID-19 isn’t “just a cold,” isn’t “a respiratory virus,” ...
No Malarkey!